Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @Chigozy said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

@lordpitas said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

I am Peter joining in from Nigeria.
    I used to work with VSO Nigeria as an National Graduate Volunteer where I only heard "monitoring and evaluation" and took interest to learn more about it and its applications. Yes I'll be glad being in a profitable group. My goal is to explore all about it.

Welcome Peter

• @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Welcome to the course discussion board!

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?
      I am TOMBE Patchély from Cameroon
    2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
      No I am not working for an organization. I am still Veterinary student
    3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
      I would like to learn more and acquire knowledge in the field of M & E.
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      Yes I am
    2. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      No
  • Hello everyone. Great thing being here.
    I'm called Nangai Ambrose Ginyanye from Africa Uganda Kampala.
    I hope to have an interesting learning with you all.
    I welcome other members on board and feel free to interact with me.

B
    1 Reply
  • Am Ibrahim bashir from Uganda working with water school Uganda implementing sustainable sanitation and hygiene for all

• @19939 said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello everyone. Great thing being here.
    I'm called Nangai Ambrose Ginyanye from Africa Uganda Kampala.
    I hope to have an interesting learning with you all.
    I welcome other members on board and feel free to interact with me.

Nangai great meeting you, hope learning will be intresting

• @Arithi said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

@NJERI_KARIUKI said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hi everyone,
    My name is Veronica Kariuki from Kenya.
    Currently, am not working for any organization but i am a Masters student who want to venture in the field of Research and thus, a course in M&E is vital to me.
    I am very much interested in learning as a team because teamwork will enable us to achieve our desired objectives as far as this course is concerned.
    I have little knowledge in data collection especially designing survey tools and a bit of data management.

Hi Veronica. Happy to meet you here. How many are from KE? We can form a group or you have already?

Hi Arithi! i actually don't know anything about a group coz am not yet in any group

N
    1 Reply
  • @NJERI_KARIUKI said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

@Arithi said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

@NJERI_KARIUKI said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hi everyone,
    My name is Veronica Kariuki from Kenya.
    Currently, am not working for any organization but i am a Masters student who want to venture in the field of Research and thus, a course in M&E is vital to me.
    I am very much interested in learning as a team because teamwork will enable us to achieve our desired objectives as far as this course is concerned.
    I have little knowledge in data collection especially designing survey tools and a bit of data management.

Hi Veronica. Happy to meet you here. How many are from KE? We can form a group or you have already?

Hi Arithi! i actually don't know anything about a group coz am not yet in any group
    Wecan actually form one

• @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

No. Though I have interacted with M&E professionals.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name is Sheila Mariata from Uganda.

I work for Lutheran world federation Uganda as a Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant.

I was interested in finding various ways of linking the plan to the actual activities being implemented.

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      I have no objection to being part of a team for this process

5. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      I have some experience and I look forward to sharing it in due course

• My name is Adelaide from Ghana and in the university. My goal for this course is to learn and be pragmatic with it.

• @Frederick said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

My name is Balsab Frederick Saayuor from Ghana
    I working in Water Sanitation and hygiene focusing on delivering user friendly toilets to households in the three Northern regions of Ghana. I am a training manager with International Development Enterprises (iDE) Ghana
    I am developing a career in development management and planning and therefore see M & E as a critical tool to achieving that goal. Once I acquire the necessary skills and knowledge, it will enable me develop, implement and monitor the out come of the project.
    Very much interested in working in a team because I strongly believe in team work.
    I do not have experience in it but very determined to learn.

You're welcome Frederick

• @samsmt said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

@ruhumuriza1 said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

My name is Desire Ntikazohera

Hi.. Desire,
    I trust you are good. How are you preparing for the program?

Hy...

• @jmunemo said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello everyone. My name is Jonathan Munemo and I am based in the USA.
      I am an Associate Professor of Economics at Salisbury University.
      My goal is to understand how M&E is conducted so that I can work as a consultant on M&E projects.
      Yes I am!
    5. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      I have no previous experience related to the course.

Hi, you're welcome

• Hey Good Day,
    My name is Tiffanie Cotterell and I am from Kingston, Jamaica. I am currently an Administrative Assistant and I am also pursuing my Bsc. in Business Administration with a major in ISM. At present I am somewhat familiar with this topic and I would like to become more knowledgeable in this area. I work alongside project managers and I hope to become one someday. I am very excited for the knowledge I will receive from this course and how I can use it within my organization. Also I am very interested in joining a team.

• hey my name is kaganzi phillimon, joining in from makerere university uganda doing a bachelors of degree in medicine and surgery
    im so glad to be on this platform of philanthropy university

• hey, im kaganzi phillimon from makerere university uganda doing medicine and surgery
    im so glad being and im ready to learn with you
    thank you

• Hi everyone, my name is Jane Sloan and I am joining from Ecuador, South America although my nationality is British. My goals for the course are to learn as much as possible and to apply all relevant new knowledge in my work. I own and run a wildlife rehabilitation centre and a wildlife reserve and need to understand good methods for evaluating and monitoring projects and wildlife release programmes. I don't think I have any useful experience to share yet - I usually work instinctively!

• @mfviterivela said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello,

My name is Maria, and I'm from Ecuador. Currently, I serve as a monitoring and evaluation consultant. I seek to gain more knowledge about M&E to improve my skills. Yes, I would be interested in joining a team for this course.

Hi Maria, this is the first time I see someone from Ecuador on the Philanthropy courses!! I am based in Cotopaxi province near to La Mana. And you?

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hae Am Meshack Nyongesa Wekesa from Kenya am happy to join this team

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hae am Meshack Nyongesa Wekesa from Kenya am glad to join this team

• Hi everyone,
    My name is Chinyere Igwegbe and I come from Nigeria.
    I am a co-founder of an NGO and I basically initiate and plan for the program or projects executed
    I have the passion to empower my community by bridging the gap. hence my goal is to learn the process and strategies as well as gain the skill for planning , monitoring and evaluation of the projects ambarked by the NGO to make sure it is sustainable and able to give back to my community. (provision of quality water, education and electricity in the rural areas) and run a successful NGO.

I love team work and this will broaden my knowledge with respect to culture and getting to know each individual better and share experiences in the field.
    i would say that knowing what you want to do, planning it, executing and evaluating progress to track time of execution and in between taking care of other issues that may arise and still meet up with delivery time. I had a water borehole that was to be drilled. survey was done, Drilling rig was to commence work in the morning but didn't arrive site till 6pm and the weather was not friendly and we had 2days. I had to do something by calling the Client to extend delivery period by q day and half then asked all the workers to go and prepare for the next day for all stay at the site, made sure their food was brought to site hence all my men were on ground to work day and night to meet up and we delivered. However for the delay of the arrival of the rig we did not pay for the usage of the rig for half a day.

M
    1 Reply
  • My name is Partha Sarathi Behura & I am from India.

• Hello everyone
    My name is Elemeth Oloo, from Tanzania, I am currently working with a local NGO in Tanzania which is focusing in providing education, care and support to people who injecting drugs.
    I am interested in joining this course because I feel like it will help me to deliver to my targets as an organization program manager.
    Regards

• I am aboubecrine ould matallah from mauritania
    I am supervisor of our program
    I want by this courses improve m'y knowledge in planification and analyse data collected

1. My name is Isutsa Atsango Michael. I am from Nairobi Kenya.
    2. I work for an organization called Nairobi Technical Training College. I train Legal Aspect in Community Development.( I am a Legal trainer)
    3. My plan for the course is to have knowledge on how to monitor and evaluate community projects that I and other may establish so as to assess our impact in the community empowerment.
    4. I would like to join a team for this course. Team work is always my way of doing things.
    5. yes i am a Legal trainer and I believe Law plays a significant role in regard to this.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello, My name Marco, I am from Mozambique, Maputo City.
    1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
      Yes, currently i am working on Housing Development Fund, it is a Goverment Financial Instituition responsible for promoting housing and urbanism for those who have difficults to acess comercial houses.
    1. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
      Actually i am a M & E officer, but due to financial issues i do not have any professional certified regarding to M & E so i expect to improve my data collection methods, data analysis softwares and reports production.
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      No problem, but i think that i have better marks when i work alone.
      No.
    S
    1 Reply
  • @Chysquare said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

had a water borehole

Hello Chinyere,

Nice to meet you, i hope we join the same work team in the class.

Hello Learners,
    Hi
    Thank you
    I'll try

Happy learning!
    Happy learning

I'm Abdirahman Omar Aynte from Somalia. I'm very glad to join such benificial course.
      yes I do. I'm medical coordinator.
      my goal of this course is boost my career. Definitely yes.
      yes im interested in.
      Yes, I have. I had been working in M& E in Local NGO in past 3 years . I have had really got good experience.
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,
    Hi
    Thank you
    I will do

Happy learning!
    Happy learning

I am Yonis Mohamed Dayib, from somalia, i'm very glad to join such benificial course.

yes i do, i'm scope registra

my goals of this course is to enhance my work experience, actually yes.

yes I'm eagering in.

Yes I have been lecturing in M&E a last two year's in a local university in my country. It was really helping me.

D
    1 Reply
  • @Yonis_Dayib said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,
    Hi
    Thank you
    I will do

Happy learning!
    Happy learning

I am Yonis Mohamed Dayib, from somalia, i'm very glad to join such benificial course.

yes i do, i'm scope registra

my goals of this course is to enhance my work experience, actually yes.

yes I'm eagering in.

Yes I have been lecturing in M&E a last two year's in a local university in my country. It was really helping me.

Nice to meet you.
    I'm happy to be colleagues this course. Have nice learning.

• @draynte said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,
    Hi
    Thank you
    I'll try

Happy learning!
    Happy learning

I'm Abdirahman Omar Aynte from Somalia. I'm very glad to join such benificial course.
      yes I do. I'm medical coordinator.
      my goal of this course is boost my career. Definitely yes.
      yes im interested in.
      Yes, I have. I had been working in M& E in Local NGO in past 3 years . I have had really got good experience.

Nice to meet you, I'm glad to join the same course.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

I am Quraish Sserwanja

Yes I work with Doctors with Africa Cuamm in South Sudan as a MEAL manager

To widen my knowledge and skills in M&E .

Yes

No

• Hi
    My name is Zeeniya and I'm from Maldives.
    Working in Ministry of National Planning and Infrastructure, as a Project Analyst.My aim is to gain more knowledge and use it in my work. It would be interesting to join a team and get to know more people and learn from their experience too. In the past i have worked with other teams in the project formulation and monitoring of some projects.

Thank you

• @CabdiraxmanHayaan said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

my name is Abdirahman, I am from Somaliland, a yet to be recognized entity in east Africa, located at the read sea entrance of Bab El mandab. Somaliland is a former British protectorate before it joined somalia, to form the Somali republic. I am currently employed at an NGO in Somaliland as an M&E assistant. i want to enhance my knowledge of M and E and be able to develop m&E plans for projects and their implementation. i believe in team work and team education, so with teams you can fulfill you dreams. so definitely i am interested in joining a team for this course. i do not have relative experience in M & E, but i would like to get now.

Abdirahman welcome. Sxb sare intaas oo dhan maxaa u rafanee from Somalia maad Iska dhahdid taas ayaa ku fudude.

I am Yubraj Banjade. I am here to learn from Nepal

I am working on an organization which works on reconstruction after earthquake here in Nepal

I am here to learn more about monitoring and evaluation to track the process and progress of the project.

yes I wish to learn being member of a team.

I have some sort of information related to course but no detail knowledge

• Hi. My name is Kamogelo from South Africa. I’m not part of any organization. I studied Development Studies and monitoring and evaluating was part of it but I would like to expand my knowledge so that I can build my career

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

I am Yubraj Banjade from Nepal.
    I am working in an organization which works on reconstruction after earthquake.
    want to learn more about monitoring and evaluation to track progress and process of work.
    Yes i wish to learn on team

• Hi, my name is Kuan Wol Kuan from South Sudan. Thank you

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi I Mayank pachori b.tech(Mechanical) I have 2years work experience in project planning , Clint billing , Staff management and aslo maintaining EHS policy at work place.
    Currently I am pursuing my master's degree in management and looking for an opportunity to grow and use my management as well as technical skills. You can consider me as potential candidate.

• Hi I Mayank pachori b.tech(Mechanical) I have 2years work experience in project planning , Clint billing , Staff management and aslo maintaining EHS policy at work place.
    Currently I am pursuing my master's degree in management and looking for an opportunity to grow and use my management as well as technical skills. You can consider me as potential candidate.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name is Adesua Ayomitan Donatus
    Joining from Nigeria
    Presently and serving as NYSC at University of Uyo teaching
    Working as a health information manager.
    As health information manager we collect, store, retrieve and analyze patient's data
    I have little experience of this course because it's one of the major course I offered in school

• @Lykagema1 said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name is Agema Samson. I am joining you guys from Benue state of Nigeria, Makurdi to be precise. Currently i am a volunteer with Angel Support Foundation, a local NGO in Makurdi. I am an M&E assistant and there is an on-going project (G-women) i am involved in. This project is targeted at widows and vulnerable women with little or no means of livelihood, to engage them into petty trading and businesses and also to instill a savings culture in them for sustainability of the project. The use of VLSA is to be introduced but i need a full knowlege of M&E to be able to track, measure and know if the project is yielding the desired result. Moreso i am more motivated to work in a TEAM, because Together, Everyone Achieves More.

Nice having you here

• Hello everyone,

1. My name is Nadia, I am from Paraguay, currently working in Jordan.
    2. I'm working for a INGO in Jordan. I'm working as is Cash and voucher assessment officer in food security sector.
    3. My goal is to improve my skills/knowledges on Monitoring and evaluation aspects in social projects. More precisely related to data collection methods and analysis.
    4. Yes, must be interesting in order to be constant and learn together.
    5. Yes, I have conducted a project evaluation in Uganda in 2017. The aim of this evaluation was to assess the impact of the projects on the food security status of students at school. I conducted a key interview within a sample of schools which implemented this project. I developed a a tool to measure the food security status as well as the social impact at the school and community level. I learned a lot conducting this evaluation in the field.
      Thanks!
    R
    1 Reply
  • @ZethuN said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name is Zethu Nxumalo. I am from Swaziland.

I work for an NGO called Bantwana Initiative Eswatini as a Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant.

Joining this course I would like to broaden my knowledge in the Monitoring and Evaluation field as well as learn from other learners.

Yes, I would like to join a team for this course.

1. My name is Nadia Mercado, from Paraguay
      2.Im currently working for an INGO as a cash and voucher assessment officer for food security sector
  • My name is Nyakan Edwin from Nairobi Kenya, working for Keheala Ltd as project manager. I am excited to be here and i hope to learn a lot from my peers and facilitators.

1. My name is Clara Emmanuel Uko. I am from Nigeria.
    2. No.
    3. I am looking forward to acquiring knowledge on M and E and applying it at ease whenever need arises.
    4. I am interested in joining the team so as to learn from experts.
    5. No.
  • 1.My name is Lamin Fatty I am joining from the Gambia
    2.Yes I am working for an Organisation and my role is M&E
    3.My goal for the course is to learn the basics of M&E in project management and plan to use the knowledge in proving the work of my organisation
    4.Yes i am interested to work with the team
    5.Yes i have experiences such as data collection,management,data entry and reporting

• Hi.. this is Sulab from New Delhi, India. I am currently working with Pravah, an NGO working since 1992 advocating issues related to youth and adolescents. As part of my role, I am anchoring two teams as Director - programmes. I have done a few evaluation assignments in the current and in the previous organisations but those are mostly qualitative by nature, I want to pursue M&E as a career in the coming days.

Thanks, hope to learn from each of you.

O
    D
    2 Replies

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

welcome

• Hi!
    I'm Ozoemena Chinonso Peter

O
    1 Reply
  • @Ozoemena_Chinonso_Peter said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hi!
    I'm Ozoemena Chinonso Peter
    I'm from Nigeria, I hope to improve myself on M&E so I can take M&E responsibility in the near future.
    Thanks

• @Sulab said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hi.. this is Sulab from New Delhi, India. I am currently working with Pravah, an NGO working since 1992 advocating issues related to youth and adolescents. As part of my role, I am anchoring two teams as Director - programmes. I have done a few evaluation assignments in the current and in the previous organisations but those are mostly qualitative by nature, I want to pursue M&E as a career in the coming days.

Hi Sulab, nice meeting you here.

Where

Hello, my name is Dasu F. Yakubu from Plateau State, Nigeria. I work with the Centre for Gospel Health and Development, a faith-based Non-Governmental Organization as a program manager. My goal is to leverage on M & E knowledge to assess where a program is at a particular point in time so as to inform management on a clear basis for decision making. I am interested in joining a team for this course. M & E is key to identifying Intermediate results created by the achievement of outputs of project activities.

S
    1 Reply
  • Hi Everyone,
    My name is Sechelanji Nambela. i am joining for Lusaka, Zambia. currently doing my graduate trainee program with an NGO that forcuses on SRH for adolescents and young people. My Graduate Trainee programme is placed in the RME department. my expectations are that by the end of this program i will have increased knowledge on PME and that i will learn more practical tasks here.

looking forward to learning and interacting with you.

D
    1 Reply
  • @dasu said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Where

Hello, my name is Dasu F. Yakubu from Plateau State, Nigeria. I work with the Centre for Gospel Health and Development, a faith-based Non-Governmental Organization as a program manager. My goal is to leverage on M & E knowledge to assess where a program is at a particular point in time so as to inform management on a clear basis for decision making. I am interested in joining a team for this course. M & E is key to identifying Intermediate results created by the achievement of outputs of project activities.

that i great, looking forward to learning and interacting with you.

• Hello! My name is Muhammad Shettima and I'm joining from Nigeria 😊

• @Sechelanji said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Sechelanji Nambela. i am joining for Lusaka, Zambia. currently doing my graduate trainee program with an NGO that forcuses on SRH for adolescents and young people. My Graduate Trainee programme is placed in the RME department. my expectations are that by the end of this program i will have increased knowledge on PME and that i will learn more practical tasks here.

looking forward to learning and interacting with you.

I am looking forward to learning from you as well

• @Sulab said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hi.. this is Sulab from New Delhi, India. I am currently working with Pravah, an NGO working since 1992 advocating issues related to youth and adolescents. As part of my role, I am anchoring two teams as Director - programmes. I have done a few evaluation assignments in the current and in the previous organisations but those are mostly qualitative by nature, I want to pursue M&E as a career in the coming days.

Nice to meet you on this platform. Looking forward to learning from you.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name is Olaniyi Joseph Jolaiya. I'm joining this course from Nigeria, in Zuru to be specific. Am currently a subject instructor in a private school.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

I am Roseline Auma from Kenya.
      Currently not employed but searching with a background in Sociology and huge interest in Research and humanitarian work.
      I seek to grow and develop my skills with respect to M and E.
      I do not mind joining a team.
  • Course Facilitator

1.Michael Msoni, Zambia.
    2.No.
    3.work with other NGOs even my run my own projects to render help to other people out there.
    4.Yes.

1. No

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

• I'm Amara Shengbe joining from Freetown Sierra Leone

• I'm working for a non-for-profit organization named We Yone Child Foundation WYCF as a Program Officer

• My goals for this course are as follows,

1. To identify diverse monitoring indicators of projects
    2. Earning skills and techniques in collecting valid data
    3. To be capable of transforming collected data I to useful information/report and
      I do wish to apply them in my work by tracking our projects impacts, future decision making and for learning and making improvements in subsequent projects.

• I have but very little experience with regards this particular course.

• Of course yes! I will like to join a team so together we can share different understanding about topics, processes and the course in entirety...

Thanks!
    Kind regards,
    Amara Shengbe

A
    1 Reply
  • This is Shahid Chaudhry from California working in the energy sector. M&E Is an integral part of the cycle to measure success of the project. Expect to learn some new and innovative ideas and approaches from the peers.

I
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone
    am Nicholas Nzamu from Kenya
    I am here because i am passionate about the course.
    I believe I will learn alot from this opening.
    thanks. and all the best.

G
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi, my name is Benjamin Reuben. I am from Nigeria

Yes, I am currently working with a football academy. I am the head of ICT

I always had interest in M&E, my goal is to bring that to life with this course, I also want to take on more challenges in the field, I plan on helping my organization understand how well it has done so far, through data gathering and evaluation

Yes of course, I am interested

NO, not yet!

• @nzamu said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hi everyone
    am Nicholas Nzamu from Kenya
    I am here because i am passionate about the course.
    I believe I will learn alot from this opening.
    thanks. and all the best.
    You are welcome onboard!

You

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

This is Atik Shahariar. I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

No, I am a student.

I have set my goal to be a professional researcher. After learn from this course I will be able to apply them to make a plan, enroll & monitor the progress on a successful way.

Yes. I want to join a team.

No, I haven't any solid experience related this course.

• @Mukeh said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

• I'm Amara Shengbe joining from Freetown Sierra Leone

• I'm working for a non-for-profit organization named We Yone Child Foundation WYCF as a Program Officer

• My goals for this course are as follows,

1. To identify diverse monitoring indicators of projects
    2. Earning skills and techniques in collecting valid data
    3. To be capable of transforming collected data I to useful information/report and
      I do wish to apply them in my work by tracking our projects impacts, future decision making and for learning and making improvements in subsequent projects.

• I have but very little experience with regards this particular course.

• Of course yes! I will like to join a team so together we can share different understanding about topics, processes and the course in entirety...

Thanks!
    Kind regards,
    Amara Shengbe

Thanks Amara. It's a pleasure for me knowing about you. Hope we will enjoy this course to together.

• Hello everyone! My name is Thu Trang Nguyen. I am from Vietnam yet I am living in Austria now. I will start my job as a Project Manager in July and I hope to acquire more knowledge on the topic of M&E in order to apply them in my work.

R
    1 Reply
  • What is your name? Where are you joining from?

• Hey Learners, I am Rajiv from New Delhi, India

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

• I work part-time for projects in social-development space as a consultant

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

• My goals is to improve my personal as well as collective capacity on understanding the basic framework and principles of Monitoring and Evaluation which will help attain project goals

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

• Yes, I believe in group work and I am looking forward to network with people in this space

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!-

• I have beginner level of experience in terms of planning and executing the process of M&E, identifying key indicators of projects assessments and improvements.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone. Cheers and Happy Learning

• This is Atik Shahariar, from Dhaka,Bangladesh. I am a student, studying in Economics.
    I am here to learn from this course about advanced Planning & Monitoring to enroll my passionated research program.
    Surely, I want to join the team of this course.
    Thanks everyone. Hope we will enjoy learning together.

S
    1 Reply
  • I am Syed Hafizullha from Kabul Afghanistan/ I am running a consulting firm. we do research, survey, assessment, data collection, assistance in Afghanistan visa & work permit services, capacity building and other consulting services.

I really need to join this course to improve my skills.

A
    1 Reply
  • @TrangMeoNguyen said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello everyone! My name is Thu Trang Nguyen. I am from Vietnam yet I am living in Austria now. I will start my job as a Project Manager in July and I hope to acquire more knowledge on the topic of M&E in order to apply them in my work.

Hey!! Hope you are doing well. It is good to hear all they way from Vietnam. Cheers and Looking forward for more interactions

• @ShikuKamau said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Jane wanjiku from Nairobi Kenya

Not yet

I want to be effective in my volunteeering with the community.Assess the impact of the programme

Ooh yes

Not yet,looking forward to learn

Welcome, jane. It's a pleasure having you here. Hope we will enjoy it together.

• @auroraservices said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

I am Syed Hafizullha from Kabul Afghanistan/ I am running a consulting firm. we do research, survey, assessment, data collection, assistance in Afghanistan visa & work permit services, capacity building and other consulting services.

I really need to join this course to improve my skills.

Welcome, syed. It’s give me positive felling introducing with you. All the best.

• @namer said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello everyone,

1. My name is Nadia, I am from Paraguay, currently working in Jordan.
    2. I'm working for a INGO in Jordan. I'm working as is Cash and voucher assessment officer in food security sector.
    3. My goal is to improve my skills/knowledges on Monitoring and evaluation aspects in social projects. More precisely related to data collection methods and analysis.
    4. Yes, must be interesting in order to be constant and learn together.
    5. Yes, I have conducted a project evaluation in Uganda in 2017. The aim of this evaluation was to assess the impact of the projects on the food security status of students at school. I conducted a key interview within a sample of schools which implemented this project. I developed a a tool to measure the food security status as well as the social impact at the school and community level. I learned a lot conducting this evaluation in the field.
      Thanks!

Hey!!!
    Hope you are doing well Nadia. Your assessment work in Uganda sounds interesting, hope we can talk about it more in coming days. Looking forwards. Cheers

• My name is Saidi Hussen Ongu Joining from Kampala, Uganda
    Yes, My role Charperson/Founder
    Ofcourse many activities needs M&E so it would be very important to add this skills in my Organisation
    Hopefully this time am very much willing to join a team
    Some University experience, since did a course unit in this area, Statistics

• @Atik said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

This is Atik Shahariar, from Dhaka,Bangladesh. I am a student, studying in Economics.
    I am here to learn from this course about advanced Planning & Monitoring to enroll my passionated research program.
    Surely, I want to join the team of this course.
    Thanks everyone. Hope we will enjoy learning together.

Most economist need M&E, so hope you will as well get alot if you join

• Hi all! I'm Gustavo from Rio :)
    I work for one NGO named Ekloos Institute, where we run several acceleration programs for non-profits and social businesses. I coordinate a few of those initiatives. I'm also a project leader at a local NGO named RUAS, where we deal with homelessness.

At the moment, my team at Ruas is developing a monitoring and evaluation program to keep track of our social impact as we are looking forward to expand our current operations :) We need to create and maintain indicators that help us ensuring a bigger impact as we grow bigger.
    So I'll have a few leaders and volunteers joining me as a team for this course

• I m Tenzin from Bhutan

L
    1 Reply
  • I'm Jonathan Kwangulero, from Malawi. I'm current working for Eawag as a part-time Research Assistant. I'm inspiring for a position of M and E Officer and I see this course as a stepping stone to acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge to be a successful M&E. I'm really excited about this program, and looking to working with people around the global sharing the same objectives and dreams of making a difference.

• I am Syed Hafizullah from Kabul, Afghanistan. I am working as program director at Aurora Consulting Services. We do research, assessment, survey, data collection, physical verification, assistance in Afghanistan visa & work permit services, capacity building, and other consulting services.
    I want to join as team. I would be glad to invite learners or be invited by learners to study/work as team. We have implemented many projects of monitoring & evaluation, physical verification, surveys in Afghanistan.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise
      My name is Cynthia Wambugu from Kenya. I am an intern in a pharmaceutical company. I am interested in joining a team and learn together. I have no prior experience in monitoring and evaluation and I look forward in learning and acquire New skills.
  • @Patu said in Introduce Yoitalicised texturself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Having worked as a data entry clerk, data associate and rising to being a monitoring and evaluation officer in health related projects, i would like to share experiences as well as learn from those that have worked as M & E officers and/or in the M & E department in other regions on project implementation. I would also like to learn how others in the same field have conducted M & E in other sectors other than health.

Good

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello
    I am Uzma Noor joining this course from Islamabad, Pakistan.
    I am working in Preston University Islamabad as Lecturer and Workshop Series Coordinator. We train and groom students and professionals to perform both in this personal and professional life.
    I am also doing Diploma in HRM and i am taking the course "Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation" because I think it will help me to plan and implement projects related to the subject.
    Yes i would love to take this course in team because i believe in a team work all members learn interactively.
    this course is new for me and i hope i will enjoy it learning with diverse groups.

• Hello!
    My name is Musa

• Hi everyone! I am Sherwin Ramosa, planning and design professional, from Cagayan de Oro, Philippines. I enrolled in this course to improve my professional practice in the developing world.

• Hello Every one
    My name i Aisha Namugombe joining from Uganda. I work with an NGO in Uganda called Fundi Bots as an Administrator for Eastern Region Branch. I want to know how M&E data can used for program planning and management. Having participated in the development of M& E tools for the organization, I want to ensure that by the end of this course, I am enable to apply the tools developed well because some times, you might develop a tool and yet you don't how to use it.
    I believe in teamwork because it has helped me to reach where I am today and with this course, team work will help us in sharing different project ideas. I have volunteered as an M&E assistant at my workplace but it was hard i had little knowledge on M&E.

• I am Judith working with Care international from Tanzania as Monitoring ,Evaluation,Evidence and Learning Officer.

• @aisha1992 said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello everyone
    My name Is Aisha Zakari, from Nigeria. I recently develop interest and passion in NGO and want to build my skills in all aspects. I am so excited to be here and hope to learn alot. Thank you

What is your name? Where are you joining from?

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

Hi! I am Jez from the Philippines.
    This is my 2nd course on Phil U and I am excited to see how this topic goes!
    I am presently working at an independent media organization but hoping to shift to a humanitarian organization in a few years.

• My name is Eria Kaweireku (TIGA) fro Uganda. I work with the Uganda Investment Authority as the Acting Director of the Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Division. My role is to lead a team that nurtures, promotes and facilitates value adding SMEs to invest in Uganda. Our current focus is building and supporting Social entrepreneurs in Uganda so as o enable Youth and Women startups to generate jobs and help in poverty alleviation.

I am excited about this M&E course as I want to learn all the basics and possibly advance my knowledge in this area as it will enable me to measure the impact of the different programs my team have designed to help our clients.

I am interested to join a team for this course especially given the fact that am a new practitioner in this field. Ii would like to learn from those in the field already.

• @Frederick said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

What is your name? Where are you joining from?

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

My name is Darcy Gray and I'm the beekeeping specialist for SEED Madagascar in Fort Dauphin, Madagascar. I plan to use this course to help my team develop MEL for the next phase of the project. I created a team with one coworker. I don't have related expertise

• Hi every one. My name is Tiger Koang Nam from South Sudan. I work with NGO providing education in emergency for people affected by conflict. I am interested to join this course to gain skills in M&E to develop tools to help me and the team to collect data, manage and use effective in project implementation.
    I would like to be in the team because team shares ideas, solve problems and make strong work. I do not have experience in this course but interested and ready to learn.

O
    1 Reply
  • I am Michael Tomori working as a technical officer-monitoring & evaluation with a prominent indigenous NGO in Nigeria. My ability to form a team on this course depends on the number of my colleagues on this course.

N
    1 Reply
  • @MichaelTomoriBPharmMScMPH said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

I am Michael Tomori working as a technical officer-monitoring & evaluation with a prominent indigenous NGO in Nigeria. My ability to form a team on this course depends on the number of my colleagues on this course.

You are welcome

O
    1 Reply
  • What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    My name is Muslim Saleeman. I am from Nigeria.

I am a volunteer with an NGO as the Procurement Officer

Joining this course I would like to broaden my knowledge in the Monitoring and Evaluation field as well as learn from other learners.
    No

No

• My Name is Alrafie and Iam working As Agricultural Sustainable Officer

• I am joining from Armenia. I have some basic experience in monitoring and evaluation. Therefore, I am interested in this course to expand my opportunities to get new interesting assignments in the new fields. I am also looking forward to work in the team to learn from people and get new contacts.

• Hello every one. My name is Baluku Omary
    Am a Ugandan but currently work in South Sudan under the Humanitarian Response Aid supporting War affected and vulnerable populations with food aid and assistance in areas of FSL, VSLA, ANIMAL HEALTH and among other thematic programs.
    This course will build my confidence in monitoring impact and change over time.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.