Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Welcome to the course discussion board!

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from? My Name is Kristin, I'm from Indonesia

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role? Yes, I'm working to serve Kids. Our Mission is to free the Child from Poverty Holistically in Jesus's Name

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work? My Goal is i can Monitor and evaluate my program better

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course. hmmm honestly i dont understand how this class works. Maybe i enjoy to learn alone

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      No. I haven't
  • @ZethuN said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?
      My name is Zethu Nxumalo. I am from Swaziland.

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
      I work for an NGO called Bantwana Initiative Eswatini as a Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant.

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
      Joining this course I would like to broaden my knowledge in the Monitoring and Evaluation field as well as learn from other learners.

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      Yes, I would like to join a team for this course.

5. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

Hellooo :)

• @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

My name is sphephile Khoza I am from South Africa , I am working for an organisation called Africa health research institute I am a clinic research assistant

• Hi, I'm Val. I'm from Mumbai, India and I work at Muktangan (Muktangan Education Trust). I handle the monitor and evaluation of some of our programmes and I am faculty with the science department where I am involved in curriculum development and teacher training.

Looking forward to this course.

• My name is Ruth Akanzum from Ghana. I work with Youth Advocates Ghana, a youth led NGO and I am the Programs Manager. I develop and coordinate projects in my organization. I wish to acquire more skills in project monitoring and evaluation.
    I will apply these skills to effectively develop programs and monitor on going projects in my organization

A
    1 Reply
  • I am Dosunmu Arinola from Nigeria. I am an Architect. I would like to join other team members for this course. To broaden my knowledge about monitoring and evaluation and apply the course in handling projects.
    Looking forward to learning more

• @Apaliyem said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

My name is Ruth Akanzum from Ghana. I work with Youth Advocates Ghana, a youth led NGO and I am the Programs Manager. I develop and coordinate projects in my organization. I wish to acquire more skills in project monitoring and evaluation.
    I will apply these skills to effectively develop programs and monitor on going projects in my organization

You are welcome

1. Omoaka Ukpe is my name, I am joining from Abuja Nigeria
    2. I work with Alphablue water services limited as a field engineer
    3. After this course, i would love to be able to apply my knowledge in planning of project, monitoring the progress and evaluating the result
    4. I love to join a team
    5. No
    1. My name is George Konnu. I am from Ghana. 2. I work for the Electoral Commission of Ghana as a District Electoral Officer. 3. I want to know about current best practices in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation especially in areas of electoral administration. Monitoring and Evaluating electoral activities are necessary conditions for successful subsequent activities. They help to write good reports and make appropriate recommendations. 4. I am interested in joining a team for the course. 5. I have practical experience in planning for monitioring and evaluation of projects and programs but not academic knowledge or certificates.
    K
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello everyone, Leota King here from Guyana, SA.

I function as the Monitoring and evaluation Officer for the Community Family and Youth Resiliecne (CFYR) program being funded by USAID in Guyana which supports community and positive youth development intervetions that create pathways for youth away from or out of violence.
    By joining this course, I hope to enhance my knowledge and skills in M&E to better equip myself to increase overall performance.

Looking forward to connecting with you all.

S
    1 Reply
  • hello i"m Mingoh from yaunde cameroon but work in bafoussam with ESER a road contruction company. i work as HSE and will propably need more skills to continue improving my experience. therefore will like to work with team. my experience has been more in developing policies in the domain of HSE and their implementations. i need more skills for monitoring and evaluation to meet compliance

• Hello, My Names are Anthony Phiri, am from Zambia and am interested to take this course because i believe it will broaden my current knowledge that i have in monitoring and evaluation.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name is Judylyn Chicano. I am from The Philippines

I am in development sector organization specifically working on volunteer deployment in the country.

Hoping to gain more knowledge about monitoring and evaluation.

Yes I am interested! I would love to share my ideas and opinion with other learners and vice versa.

5. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      No

• Hello Dears members of the team,
    My name is David Deogratias am joining from Tanzania. Am working for Reach And Support All organization (RASA) as the director of health commitee. Currently dealing with the project of Non-communicable diseases in rural areas. Am humbled to adimit the positive impact am expecting from this course to my project.
    Thanks

• My name is Tek Riinga from Kiribati in the central pacific. I work as a contractor to install trial versions of evapotranspiration and denitrification toilet systems for an Onsite Sanitation Project in Kiribati. Looking to get M&E certification so that I can monitor my own projects as well as get jobs in project management. Very much interested in joining a team for this lesson and I do not have any prior experience with regard to M&E

• I am DK Bhujel from Bhutan. working for ADB project and I want to learn about M&E to better deliver by job performance. Would like to meet and communicate with like minded people from around the world.

• Hi I'm Ryan Sucipto from Indonesia. Currently I'm still 22-years old but I'm blessed to be able to Innitiate Social Designee, a creativity based social community in Indonesia. Our vision is to create a positive social ecosystem for young people, so they can solve social problem and innovation through their creativity. Our current activity is local community development in rural area. We're currently developing 18 villages by empowering 1400 volunteers with various backgrounds.

I'm interested to learn about Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation to measure the impact of our activities. Since one of Social Designee goal is to develop both our volunteers and local communities in the village, we have to be able to monitor and evaluate the growth of intangible values. I'm really interested to join a team, especially a team of youth so we can understand better how young people can contribute in nonprofit issues.

Warm Regards,
    #MahasiswaSosial (meaning : social student)

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

1. My name is Janet Conqueror. I am from Nigeria.

2. Yes, I work for an NGO and I am a Program / M&E Officer

3. My goals are to be better equipped with monitoring and evaluation techniques that would help me carry out my duties and responsibilities as required. Also, to interact with other members here to learn from experiences as I am practically new in this line of career.

4. Yes

5. Not really. That is why I am here to learn

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Myself Sabhimanvi Dua, Economics Honours post graduate joining from Chandigarh, India.

Currently working for Oorjaa Sustainable Solutions LLP as M&E and Communications Head.

The short term goal is to improve the skills learned and apply the same in ongoing projects of the organisation.

Team working is the best, so why not.

No not really. Thank You.

• My name is Vincent Maribe

Joining from SA in Johannesburg
    I m working for the City of Joburg municipality as an Operations Manager

• I would like the course to assist me on planning and formulation of M&E framework for my organisation.

I would really like to join any existing team

1. my name is Mohamed Ibrahim Mohamed, from somalia.
    2. Currently am working with IOM,somali outreach staff.
    3. My major goals a course M&E skills such that in case i venture into the professional arena they can be of help
    4. Yes just can't wait joining then because two are better than one.
      5 NO
  • Hi all-
    My name is Caitlin and I am joining from Lebanon. I am the fundraising/communications manager for a local NGO called Home of Hope, a residential shelter for street kids.
    My goal for this course is to better understand M&E so I can help design more efficient projects and be able to monitor and evaluate their effectiveness to better communicate to donors and gain their trust.
    I am interested in joining a team if anyone wants to add me in!
    I do not have any experience with M&E. So I am very excited to get some experience in this area!

• My name is Agatha Babirye. Im joining from Ugnada
    I am working for an NGO called Busoga Trust Water Development and I am working as a Senior Project Officer.
    I want to acquire knowledge and skills in Monitoring and evaluation. We have projects going on and i hope to apply these skills in the projects and bring to the table outstanding results.
    i want to join a team
    I have worked closely with the M&E officer in my organization d doing baselines, and mid term reviews for the projects.

• My name is Beverley Chinyama joining from Zimbabwe.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Am Hilary from Tanzania

I was working with AIESEC CHINA MAINLAND as Education Advisor

I interest to learn more in deep about monitoring and evaluation and how to implement in project and daily life

yes am so excited to joining this team and i hope to learn more from you.

Yes i have got experience to work in project so i get opportunities to work with team of monitoring and evaluation.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi My name is Christian Schingo and I'm from Italy
    Im Senior Project manager for an Italian Coonsulting Firm dealing with International Cooperation in Rural Development and Agriculture Sector
    I already made some projects evaluations and I would like to improve my skills
    Kind regards
    Christian

• I am called Mayuol Diing from South Sudan. I am the Executive Director for New Initiative for Community Education (NICE). I am acquiring for more skills on organizational development in the sector of Monitoring and Evaluation M&E . This will enable me develop my organization.

• My name is Leonard Nwadike. I work with an NGO based in Nigeria as the Executive Director. My goal of joining this course is to sharpen my monitoring and evaluation skills and I'd love to work with a team to achieve this. Thank you all

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!am
      Hi everyone,

I am Ojo Oluwasegun Felix from University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Nigeria . I am also a Ph D student in Agricultural programme planning and evaluation. I am so excited to be part of this course and I look forward to have blissful time learning with my co learners because there is always a strength in learning together as a team.
    Happy learning.

Hello Learners,

Hi everyone , I am Siyabonga Ndlazi from South Africa, City of Pretoria, I work for a National Government Department as a Strategic Planner, I hope to benefit from this course so as to improve my business analysis skills both personally and my Organisation. I would be interested in a team also. I have a background of both HR, Training and Development and Business administration.

O
    1 Reply
  • Hi I am Nitin Pant, a sports development and management professional from India. I have enrolled in this course to learn the techniques of M&E so that I can apply the same for my sports development projects. I am open to joining a team which is engaged in sports development. I am new to the field of M&E.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name is Abolape Akwu. I am joining from Nigeria. I am not working for any organisation yet. I intend to go into consultancy work for the NGOs in monitoring and evaluation. I am interested in joining a team. I don't have any related experience.

• Hello everyone, am Fred Kabengele from Zambia, am the Deputy Director for ICAP Zambia under the Care and Treatment project based in Eastern Province. Learning more about M&E has always been my desire in order to enhance my skills and knowledge of the concept. It's always a plus to work in group as it enhances understanding and sharing of experience. I have been in project implementation for 5 years and M&E is what gives you the sense of achievement or failure in the implementation of the strategies. Looking forward to studying with you.

• Hello everyone,

My name is Adegbenga Agoro and I am from Nigeria. I currently work in a For-Profit Tech Company called Crenet TechLabs.

I hope to improve on my ability to manage projects and execute them effectively while delivering timely and accurate feedback to all my stakeholders.

I am open to joining a team for the is course; I have some experience managing projects but no formalized learning so far.

Cheers

• My name is Maggy. I am from Namibia. I am working for the public sector that deals with child welfare issues. I am the officer in charge of an after care centre for children. I would like to gain more knowledge on M&E to measure the effectiveness of my programs and produce tangible results. I am very eager to be part of a team that will enhance my learning experience.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

my name is Celestina, from Nigeria

I work in an organization, as an assistant laboratory scientist

It's a new skill I want to acquire and put into use in a new career pursuit

yes I would love that a lot

No, I don't have any experience as regards this course

• I am Syed Farrukh Raza from Pakistan.
    I am working in the field of education by 20 years and still working as learner and Teacher.
    Planning and Monitoring is very essential part of every process.
    I definitely want to be the part of team to help other, as it is a topic which always improves the quality of work , if it is done properly.
    Throughout my career consciously or unconsciously we always passed/passing through the same process

• Hello, my name is Denaya Dennis from South Sudan currently volunteering as an M&E officer for a local NGO. I will be grateful to learn new skills and ideas to build me up in this career.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

I am Musa Mohammed Abubakar from Nigeria
      I work with Bako Youths Development Foundation as M&E officer
      my goal is to develop my knowledge and skills most especially in m&e design in other to serve my community and country at large through my organization
      yes I would love to join a team
      that's true.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

1- Hello, my name is Domingos Mgaio, im joining from Mozambique.
    2- Yes, im the data check entry

1. By the way of introduction; I am Viola H. Cheeseman and a Master student of Information Systems at the Obafemi Awolowo Unversity in Nigeria.

2. I am currently Volunteering for the West Africa ICT-Group(WAG-ICT). I am currently the Vice-Chair for Liberia (WAG).

3. My objective for the course is to gain the actual knowledge that is required for this course and to implement what I will achieve.

4. I am free in working with my fellow teammates because I believed in teamwork there must be something achievable.

5. I have a little experience where I monitor processes, analyze information within the organization as well as assessing performance.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name Ruth Otiti, i live in Uganda and work as a mentorship coordinator. I am interested in this course because i would love to expand
    on my knowledge in the M&E field,i will glad to be part of a team or group so wee can build each other.

• My name is Gatluak , I joint this course from Ethiopia, I want to learn this course to help me for research data collection and many more in research process .

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    My name is Fares Mahdi from Yemen

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    Yes, i'm working In StARS( sant enderw's refugees services organization ) as Facilitator in medical access program in the organization

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    I want to learn more M&E and practice all that i have learn

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Yes of course

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    I had some few on the job training

• Hello, I am Akpan Kennedy. I am from Nigeria
    I work in an Engineering firm as a Project Engineer. This course will help me establish strategies for monitoring projects on site easily and effectively. I am very interested in Joining a team. I have worked as a monitoring and evaluation officer for two and a half years...

S
    1 Reply
  • My name is Tiger Koang Nam from South Sudan. I work for NGO as education officer implementing project on education in emergency. I prepare report on the progress of the project, train staff, collect data about etc. I would to join this course so that i have skills in data collection and management to help me implement our project,

• Hello everyone,

(1) My name is Bitrus Itatuwa Madaki from Nigeria.

(2) Yes, I'm the HR OFFICER with Cheybis Global Resources Nigeria limited.

(3) To have a good understanding in monitoring and evaluation.

(4) Yes, I would be interested in joining a team for discussions in this course.

• Happy learning!

1.What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    My Name is Clarence Kalawa and I am joining from Freetown, Sierra Leone.

2.Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    I am working for the Sierra Leone Teaching Service Commission as a Deputy Director, in charge of Finance.

3.What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    To get a clear understanding on how you plan for monitoring and Evaluation in relation to Program activities.
    This course at the end will equip me on the framework and tools for as to how to plan monitoring and evaluation activities.

4.Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Yes. The more the merry. Will be grateful if I join a very active team. I don't need a dormant team

5.Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    I bring into this course no experience.

• Happy learning!

1.What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    My name is Clarence Kalawa and I am joining from Freetown, Sierra Leone

2.Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    Yes. Currently, working for the Sierra Leone Teaching Service Commission as a Deputy Director in charge of Finance.

3.What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    To understand the tools required in planning for Monitoring and Evaluation. This will help me to continue to the program activities being implemented in my organization.

4.Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Yes, the more the merry. I will like to join an active team.

5.Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    No.

• @kbidilah2028 said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

1. My name is George Konnu. I am from Ghana. 2. I work for the Electoral Commission of Ghana as a District Electoral Officer. 3. I want to know about current best practices in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation especially in areas of electoral administration. Monitoring and Evaluating electoral activities are necessary conditions for successful subsequent activities. They help to write good reports and make appropriate recommendations. 4. I am interested in joining a team for the course. 5. I have practical experience in planning for monitioring and evaluation of projects and programs but not academic knowledge or certificates.

Waw.... hope to learn from you

1. Assam Divine joining from Calabar Cross River State, Nigeria
    2. Yes: As a Data Entry Clerk and health information Specialist.
    3. To obtain a certificate and Advance my knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation.
    4. Yes of course
    5. Not really
    S
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Jane wanjiku from Nairobi Kenya

Not yet

I want to be effective in my volunteeering with the community.Assess the impact of the programme

Ooh yes

Not yet,looking forward to learn

A
    1 Reply
  • @Adivine said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

1. Assam Divine joining from Calabar Cross River State, Nigeria
    2. Yes: As a Data Entry Clerk and health information Specialist.
    3. To obtain a certificate and Advance my knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation.
    4. Yes of course
    5. Not really

Welcome Assam,I would love to know more about your course.Health information specialist.

• This will be interesting and educative.Looking forward .

• Looking forward to start

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Melesa and i'm joining from Guyana
    I work for a Government Agency I'm an analyst.
    my goal is to have a better understanding of Monitoring and evaluation since often times i'm task with submission relating to it
    I would love to join a team. I have some experience but i'm no expert, i'm still in the learning phase

• Hello everyone,
    My name is Clovens ELIE. I am Haitian and I work for the Ministry of Planning and External Cooperation.
    It a great pleasure for me to take part in this online course.

My name is Sabo John, from Nigeria.
      No.
      To improve my understanding on monitoring and evaluation
      Yes
      No
  • @S-Ndlazi said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Siyabonga

Hi Siyabonga its nice to have you join us. Cant wait to share ideas.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

1. I am Pedro , everyone call me Peter, I have worked as a monitoring and evaluation specialist for 8 years, in fact, I like to work a lot with my co-workers and enjoy our day and day. My firty goal is to complete this course because I thinks that I can have some opporunities to share the,
      I am interesting in everything about M&E 'cause is my passion. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Greetings,

• Hello Everyone,

My name is Atta Ullah, I am joining the course from Pakistan.
    Currently I am working for UN-IOM as a monitoring and evaluation officer.
    I have experience in monitoring and evaluation of transitional projects as well as development and stabiliation projects. I have lead the team in developing data collection and assessment tools. Managed, analyzed and reported the data. I aim to learn more from this course to get prepared for an advanced position in my career path.
    I have nine years experience in this field. My field of expertise is data collection, management, analysis and reporting. I have worked in the head office as well as directly in the field dealing with the beneficiaries, and key informers/focal persons.

• Course Facilitator

My Name is Olumuyiwa ADEDINA from Nigeria... I will serving as a Course Ambassador on this Course...Happy Learning!

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello, My Name is Loide Amutenya from Namibia

I am Currently unemployed

My goals from this course is to learn how to apply monitoring and evaluation in my future career

yes I am

No I have no experience, I am looking forward to learning

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello, My Name is Loide Amutenya from Namibia

I am Currently unemployed

I would love to learn more about monitoring and evaluation in project planning

yes I am interested

No I have no experience

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Cristina, from Brazil

Yes, but not related to M&E. I want to start learning it!

This is a new field for me so I am very excited to learn it.

yes, I would LOVE to join a team!

No I don’t !

N
    1 Reply
  • Hello! I am Natalia from Ukraine. I work as an external consultant for one NGO. I am interested in deepening my knowledge and skills in M&E. I have an experience of providing mid-term evaluation of two projects.

• Good luck with studying! M&E is very interesting theme. The knowledge obtained in this course could be applied in many spheres.

• My name is Paras Ahmad.
    I'm not a part of any organisation.
    Soon I'm gonna be in a position of management so I'd like to learn a few gimmicks beforehand.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.,

My name is Ruth Musa Sunama. I am from Nigeria.
    I am looking forward to improve my career while looking for a job.
    I want to improve my knowledge on data collection and appropriate analysing of the data, which will be applied in the future in my career. To be very effective. In my organization in the future.
    I don't have any experience in this field.

T
    1 Reply
  • My Name is Okpe ThankGod Damion, am joining this course from Nigeria, Nasarawa State. Am currently studying statistics as a course and i have worked with national and international organization on different research projects. I volunteer as a an interviewer/enumerator and also as a data analyst.

My goal for this course is to learn the basics of monitoring and evaluation and see how i can apply it in my daily research projects. Also to equip myself with skills necessary for a career as a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist which i believe will help me in securing a job in the research industries.

I am very much interested in joining the team for this course. This will help me greatly because i know i am going to learn from many and so will they also learn from me. I have lot of experience with respect to data collection and analysis. Intervention projects and also report from different study. I am also skilled in the use and application of different statistical software packages including MS Office suite, R, STATA, Eviews, Minitab, CSpro, Epi-Info, Epi-Data and DAPPs. I also wish to broaden my skills in these area learning to integrate Monitoring and Evaluation as an integral part in my academic field of study.

Waiting patiently to join you soon. Thank you.

• @Sunams said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.,

My name is Ruth Musa Sunama. I am from Nigeria.
    I am looking forward to improve my career while looking for a job.
    I want to improve my knowledge on data collection and appropriate analysing of the data, which will be applied in the future in my career. To be very effective. In my organization in the future.
    I don't have any experience in this field.

Great

I believe you will learn alot from this course and it will enhance your skills and career growth in the future. Joining you soon

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi my name is Tauseef Smouse and I am from Cape Town South Africa.

I am working for and NGO as a Data Quality Officer

One of my Goals are to be able to do M&E planning and to be able to design M&E frameworks.

Yes please

Yes I have some experience but on a junior level

• Hello Everyone,
    I am Shradha Nitnaware from India. Currently I am working in nutrition project and my work is implementing the project in a district. More of work is focused on planning and implementation. And to know about my project running status I need to focus on monitoring and evaluation as well. And I believe this course will help me with that. Thank you

S
    1 Reply
  • I Godfrey Mbukwa- joining the course from Southern of Tanzania , East Africa. I am working with Mobis Uk limited as Area Administrator.My intentions of joining the Course is to widen my knowledge on Planning and monitoring as I will share with other learners. I used to study them but I have not applied much.

• I am Godfrey Mbukwa- joining the course from Southern of Tanzania , East Africa. I am working with Mobis Uk limited as Area Administrator.My intentions of joining the Course is to widen my knowledge on Planning and monitoring as I will share with other learners. I used to study them but I have not applied much.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi, my name is Diya Mukherjee and am a working as a consultant in the CSR Space

• @AKPANKENNEDYCFOT said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello, I am Akpan Kennedy. I am from Nigeria
    I work in an Engineering firm as a Project Engineer. This course will help me establish strategies for monitoring projects on site easily and effectively. I am very interested in Joining a team. I have worked as a monitoring and evaluation officer for two and a half years...

Welcome Akpan Kennedy, I will like to learn from you.

• @ShradhaNitnaware said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hello Everyone,
    I am Shradha Nitnaware from India. Currently I am working in nutrition project and my work is implementing the project in a district. More of work is focused on planning and implementation. And to know about my project running status I need to focus on monitoring and evaluation as well. And I believe this course will help me with that. Thank you

You are welcome to

• My name is ikotun ekundayo

M
    1 Reply
  • I work in the engineering department

• I will like to be an enterpreneur in no distant time

• Ans#1. My name is Aoun Raza Sajid. i am from Pakistan.
    Ans#2. no.
    Ans#3. Increase my knowledge in M&E.I am developing a career in development management.
    Ans#4. yes i am.
    Ans#5. No i have no experience relative to this.

• Hi everyone,
    My name is Veronica Kariuki from Kenya.
    Currently, am not working for any organization but i am a Masters student who want to venture in the field of Research and thus, a course in M&E is vital to me.
    I am very much interested in learning as a team because teamwork will enable us to achieve our desired objectives as far as this course is concerned.
    I have little knowledge in data collection especially designing survey tools and a bit of data management.

A
    1 Reply
    1. My name is MUKAILA, Tajudeen Akolade, I am from Nigeria
    2. I work for Osun Patriotic Alliance, as the acting executive director
    3. At the end of this course I want to have improved my knowledge and expertise in monitoring and evaluation, and learn more about the applicability of M&E in NGO
    4. Yes, I'm interested in joining a team
    5. Yes, I have worked for an educational consulting firm in the area of M&E
  • @Dykkot said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

My name is ikotun ekundayo

I guess you're from Nigeria too

• Hi everyone, am Dewin Hansende from Zambia, Southern Africa. I work as a statistician within government. I also do private consultancy in M&E. Therefore, this course will help me inhance my M&E skills. I believe in team work.

J
    1 Reply
  • My name is Arithi Mutembei from Kenya. I'm an epidemiologist with County government of Wajir. I'm interested in joining a team as this would be the best way for adult learning. Im currently dealing with a EU project and need to sharpen my M&E skills. Thank you all. Regards

• @NJERI_KARIUKI said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

Hi everyone,
    My name is Veronica Kariuki from Kenya.
    Currently, am not working for any organization but i am a Masters student who want to venture in the field of Research and thus, a course in M&E is vital to me.
    I am very much interested in learning as a team because teamwork will enable us to achieve our desired objectives as far as this course is concerned.
    I have little knowledge in data collection especially designing survey tools and a bit of data management.

Hi Veronica. Happy to meet you here. How many are from KE? We can form a group or you have already?

N
    1 Reply
  • @Cliffray said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    Cliff Kinyua from Kenya

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    Yes i am working for Kenya Red Cross as a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    To learn more on planning, acquire the knowledge as this will help me in applying the theory in the day to day activities and also capacity building my colleagues

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Yes i am interested

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    I have experience in M&E especially in reporting, undertaking surveys, Data management but not planning in M&E

Welcome Kinyua. Do we have a group?

• My name is Ruth Ajene joining you from benue state Nigeria,i am curently working with a CBO As the information and communications officer,i have had a few step down trainings on M&E now i want to get certified and switch fully to m&e,i would like to know how to translate data gotten from the field into excel and also how to analize the data gotten.
    I dont have any experience on m&e and yes i wouldnt mind working in a team

I
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

I'm Olawale, I'm from Lagos, Nigeria

I'm an Environmental Health Officer with the Lagos State government

I want to learn as much as possible on monitoring and evaluation, because that seems to be a major challenge in my field of work.

yes, I would like to join a team

I've volunteered for several NGOs collecting data, and I have some experience in data analysis.

• @Ruthajene said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (May)!:

My name is Ruth Ajene joining you from benue state Nigeria,i am curently working with a CBO As the information and communications officer,i have had a few step down trainings on M&E now i want to get certified and switch fully to m&e,i would like to know how to translate data gotten from the field into excel and also how to analize the data gotten.
    I dont have any experience on m&e and yes i wouldnt mind working in a team

Welcome Ruth

My name is Abdifatah Yusuf Mohamed. I am from Somalia.

Yes, I am working for an NGO called READO as a Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator.
      M&E responsibilities
      • Creating Excellent with KOBO, ODK and other platforms
      • Research methods and data analysis
      • Data analysis tools such as: EXCEL, ACCESS, STATA, EPI-INFO, and ATLAS and among others.
      • Interview skills
      • Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
      • Good report writing and presentation skills.
      • Ensure projects carry out routine activity monitoring for compliance as well as outcome monitoring of project results
      • Preparing assessments or surveys for instance Baseline surveys, end line surveys
      • Preparing Post distribution Monitoring (PDM) and onsite Distribution Monitoring (ODM)
      • Creating and managing Beneficiary Complaint and Feedback Tracking Database.
      • Strong computer skills and ability to use standard computing packages such as word, excel, power point, spread sheets and database software programs.

Joining this course I would like to broaden my knowledge in the Monitoring and Evaluation field as well as learn from other learners. And also to be M&E expert.

Yes I have, specially preparing PDM, ODM, data analysis, findgs, and final report, and creating online platforms for instant KOBO, and among others.

• Am from Nigeria.
    I work in a Bank in Nigeria

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello,
    My name is Mellisha and I am from Jamaica.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi, My name is Supriya and I am from Mumbai, India. I work for one of India’s oldest non- sectarian organisations in the philanthropic sector. After a couple of years working in Program Design and Implementation I am currently working with the Strategy team to build sustainability, scalability and replicability in all programmatic interventions. I intend to build my skills and help improve my organisation to build better sustainable impactful strategies for the last mile beneficiaries. Yes, I would definitely like to be part of a team for this course for I believe “Knowledge increases by sharing but not by saving”. Working for this sector for more than 5 years I have had the rich experience of building and implementing multiple strategies both programmatic and non-programmatic for my organisation. I was also responsible for implementing organisation wide M&E platform for measuring programmatic performance. Would love to share and learn more from my peers more on this topic. Look forward for the course commencement.

Hello everyone. My name is Jonathan Munemo and I am based in the USA.
      I am an Associate Professor of Economics at Salisbury University.
      My goal is to understand how M&E is conducted so that I can work as a consultant on M&E projects.
      Yes I am!
      I have no previous experience related to the course.
    A
    1 Reply
  • Hello Dewin,
    I am originally from Southern Africa too! I grew up in Zimbabwe. Like you I would like to do consulting work in the M&E field.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello am Gideon Onduri from Uganda and a final year Economics student Makerere University with a dream of becoming an investment analyst hence a reason for joining this course

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.