Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• That's true. Regulation is a guiding principle in budgeting because beyond a certain limit, donor can decide never to approve the budget for funding as well.

• A simplified explanation, an annual review of budget normally bring all the key stakeholders in a company or an organization together to see how it lies in accordance with law.

• For my organization, the Board , the Director, Finance Team and Program Manager. The Director need to have a forehand information about the funds a available in other to prioritize order of disbursement. Also the finance team must have access to all the books in other to make proper financial plan and lastly the program manager who is the implementation manager must be in the know of what he allotted for each of his program and projects.

• The Finance and procurement team need to use the organizational budget. They will need to know the income expected to be received and the expenses to be paid so as to offer with their technical support.

• The board needs to know if the budget is in accordance with the organization's set goals and objectives and if is in line with laws and regulations

• For my organization, an example of a person needing a budget is the training manager. Indeed, the budget will allow him to know what he has at his disposal to be able to organize the various training sessions throughout the year as well as other resources that he can commit.

• My managing director will certainly need to know our budget so as to fundraise what the organisation demands.

• In our organization Program Manager and Project Officer are using organization money as it is stated in Organization's budget. They will need to know that money should be spent as in budget and the justification of all spent should be taken for the financial return.

• for my organisation, the general coordinator, finance team, program managers. most importantantly the general coordinator to ensure the sustainability and to advocate eith the donors

• The council management committee will need enough information in order to compare whether all the income and expenditure are in lines the existing acts. They need information on programs and activities activities and their estimated expenses and details on the sources of income. They will also need to know the alignment of the budget with the strategic objective and mission of the Council.

The Deputy director for finance need will need thoroughly information from all departments and sections in order to ensure that the budget is consultative.

• The ED to asses allocation of resources based on performance

• The board needs to know if the budget is in line with the organization' set goals and objectives

• Funders.
    A funder needs the budget in order to determine if funds are being deployed in line with the mission of the organization or otherwise.

• The program managers will need to use my organizational budget as they need to know how to plan on getting the required income for the non profit program that are working on to properly function.The funders will also need to use the budget to determine where to put there resources as they expect it to bring an impact to the organization.

• For my own business, the BOD, ED, MANAGERS and FINANCE TEAM. In other for the organization to run smoothly we need to incorporate all of them. They need to know the daily expenses of the organization and subtract the expenses from how much you spend. Additional they can help you make batter financial decision, prepare for emergencies, get you out of debt, and stay focused on your long term financial goals.

• The Donor/Funder of a project implemented by my organization will need my organization's budget to monitor the implementation processes of the project and as well plan on how to generate a cash-flow chart for the project.

• Our Board, Finanace/Adiminstration team, Program Coordinators, event planners, and all grants require us to submit our budget.

• It is the project management process who uses the budget of my organization. The main information they need to know is that budget is only allowed for the projects which are approved by the parliament.
    A person called Yirga is in charge to manage the capital budget of my organization. He has a team composed of Engineers who are in charge to execute works related with construction.

• In my organisation, the Project Manager will need to use the budget. They need to know what resources are available to them throughout the year; they need to have information on actual expenditure in previous years. This will help to ensure that the budget that is drawn up reflects reality.

• Project manager needs to see the budget to ensure that it is being implemented in all activities.

• In my organization, which is a small nonprofit, the executive director, the finance team, and the funders need to use our budget. For the funders to approve our budget, they need to know every detail about the money they will provide us with to ensure that the budget will lead to impactful results.

• Programmers- RD, senior management are using budget, finance team. Programmer are using budget in order to identify expenses are identified according to their program activities. Does each line are spending according to the plan set? any variance- explanation needed why your expenditure is exceed or less. With RD department- they need to know what condition we are now in budget. Are we lack of budget- time for planning to do further fund raising. Actually it is good to get a pre plan and do forecasting ahead. Finance use the budget to determine each expenditures, capital are reported in the financial report.

• This year our organization is trying to draft a comprehensive budget it is difficult activity to do this for your first time, the challenges we are facing are how to compile the information from different programs and the board of directors and the ED want to finish this activity soon because the need to understand our financial plans to control letter our performance.

• i think its very good to manager and organitacion

• For our organization, board members, the ED, the financial team and department managers will need to use the organizational budget. They will need to know each departments spending and income generation, overhead, and projections. They will need to be able to determine various departments input and how the organization is doing overall

• the board, stakeholder, and finance team should be in line of the budgeting but make sure that the organization's plan on implementing it will be fulfilled and all expenses should be transparent

• Those who will need to use our budget include;
    Donors- How much to commit
    Management - what resources are needed
    Regulators - for the understading of the nature of our activities

• The parent ministry , the board and programme managers. The Govt will need to know which activities are budgeted for and how much funding is going to be needed from the fiscus. Moreso to know if the activities you have budgeted for are in line with the National Development activities. The Board would also want to know which activities are going to be done so that they can trace your performance. Programme managers want to know how much was allocated to each activity so that they track their performance

• In our organization, the following will need to use our Organizational budget: our Board of Directors and Executive Manager. The Board will be reviewing the budget on a monthly basic to assess that our programs will be meeting their budget. As for the Executive Manager, he will be monitoring the daily and monthly plans on how programs are implemented and are meeting their goals and objectives .

• Our Board of Director will need to use the budget to ensure that all funds are being used appropriately.

• For our organization, myself will need to use the organizational budget. We will need to know each departments spending and income generation, overhead, and projections. We will need to be able to determine various departments input and how the organization is doing overall.

• In my organisation, because we rely so much on funders, these need to know how we intend to use the money. We insure that they know the budget and give quarterly and annual plans. They require that we inform them if there is other money coming in, and how we intend to use it, where their funding comes in and how it will help the target beneficiaries.

A
    1 Reply
  • ?In my organization, the Board will need to use the budget. They need to get detailed information on the planned budget so that they confirm its validity based on bylaws and mission. They use the budget information available to analyze whether the planned budget deviates from organization objectives or lacks value for organization sustainability.

• Perfect note, but here is my concern:

Does each department raise its funding separately?

• Perfect note, but here is my concern:

Does each department raise its funding separately?

• Do the funders request your planned operational budget before they fund your activities or they have an annual funding scheme for your organization?

• Head of programs with head of finance in the country office they sit together every now and then to monitoring the budget especially by closing of monthly accountancy, Finance prepare the template for them to with data of last month updating balance send to them to update their forecast for coming months and send back to Finance to update the master budget tool and accordingly updating Cashflow budget and share with them once again as last updating files then to approve and share with Board ( Regional officer, Finance, Desk Office)

• Our CFO will need to use our organizational budget. She will need to know how much core costs may be covered by the projects and how much she will need to cover with the overhead. Besides, with the budget, she can also work on a shortfall management plan and, for any potential shortfall which cannot be covered with the existing income or projected income for the year, she may eventually decide on how much of the organization’s endowment can be used for the current year.

• the chief financial officer, controller or equivalent executive is ultimately responsible for managing the company's finances, including top-level budgets. The CFO bears much of the responsibility for drafting corporate budgets based on input from the accounting team they are resposible for this.

• In my Organization need to know is funders because need to know good plan for spending the money that they have provide and to see positive impact

• For our organization, board members, the ED, the financial team and department managers will need to use the organizational budget.
    They will need to know each departments spending and income generation, overhead, and projections.
    They will need to be able to determine various departments input and how the organization is doing overall.

• The CEO will need to use the budget. They need to have sufficient information to ensure the financial sustainability of the organization. As a CEO in a project dealing with public health, they will need to know if enough resources was put in place for field activities, if during the planning phase all the necessary concerned for the project were taken into consideration. They will also need to know as the project goes on that the resources put in place for the project will be able to sustain every activity throughout the life span of the project.

• For my organization, Finance team, the CD, Area Manager and department managers will need to use the budget, Each department will know about the expenses and resources for the implementing of their program activities, Finance Team and Area Manager will know about the actual expenditure and approved budget and resources and this will help them for controlling of over spending, CD and Program Manager will also know about performance of each department and budget V actual expenditure will be an indicator for measuring of each department performance.

• In our water projects, the CEO needs to use the budget to know the expenses of the projects and how to source the funds

• Our unit mangers they need to know the resources allocated/available for them for the whole year and also for them to find out if the drafted budget meets reality... because they will be the ones work closely with the budget

• In my organisation, outside the organisation the funding partners/ donors need to see the budget. The reason for this is simple, its their money you want to spend so they will like to know how much you are asking for and what you intend to use it for. They still reserve the right to tell you that so so line items is against their policies and therefore they cant fund it or that based on your proposal this is maximum amount they can fund.
    Within the organisation the ED need to look at it and see its reality and if he/she is not okay with certain line items can ask questions for clarity or make adjustments if not okay with the answers given

• The following will use the organization budget: Funders, the Principal and the management team. These stakeholders will need to know the funding available, The income and expenses of the previous year, activities to be carried out and the total income the organization needs throughout the year.
    One of the stakeholders who will use the budget is the Principal Mr Smith. He will use the budget to monitor and evaluate the projects implementation. The budget will be used to coordinate activities and check performance of departments and individual Heads of department.

• In my organization, there are country management team, program and finance team need to use budget. They need to know how much fund, direct and indirect cost that is needed to implement during period of program implementation. Which donor and how much fund that donor will offer? How long does it take? Which activities should be implement.

• In case of our organization, the whole team would require the organization budget (The members of the board, CEO, departmental heads and staff) as it is in development stage. This course has shown to be helpful as the knowledge and skills gained will help the team to get more necessary and sufficient details in developing annual budgets that all income and expenditures are in-line with regulations. So the board, the CEO and departmental heads will really need the organization budget.

• For my organisation the BOT needs to know the budget so that the can understand the direction at which the organisation is moving and also give approval for annual implementation.
    The management also will need to know the budget to enable them make progressive decision about the organisation and like wise the project officer, this will enable then drive the project will and implement well with much consideration for value for money

• In our organization program managers need the budget in order to know how much funds have been allocated to their section. They also need to know the exact amount which has been allocated to different activities, how much is going where in terms of the Areas where the organization is implementing its activities.

• For our organization, one person who will need to use the budget is the Administrator because she's the one who prepare budgets for every activity. The reason she needs it is to prepared the budget for an activity by referring to the operating budget, how everything was budgeted for in the harmonized budget that was sent to the funders.

• in my organization case, the donors are basically needed the information further, the management team also require this information to make and follow up its implementation

• For my Organization, the Head of Department who is a Deputy Minister needs access and pertinent information from the budget. He needs specific information of all Division activities that are captured in the budget with timeline on implementation. He also needs to review the cash flow budget to understand the feasibility of our financial situation. He needs these details to clearly communicate the Department goal direction to the Head of the Ministry and other donor partners.

• Donors need to know how their money is being spent. Therefore, the budget is very important to them and it should be made available.

• Program Manager has to know the budget to implement activities foreseen

• The funder, finance team, the board of directors will net to know our organizational budget. They need to know that there are good plans for spending the money that they provide on relevant, impactful activities and also how it will be spend

• Our Executive Director will need to use the budget to portray to our grant funders to show them how we plan to spend the money.

• In the organization, I work with the funding partners will need to use the budget, in order for them to know how much the program will cost annually, determine the strength of the project and also help to evaluate the impart of the project.

• In my Organization, the program unit need to use the organizational budget. They need to be acquainted with the costing for each activities, schedules, timeline and expected outcomes for each of those activities.

• In my former organization the board used the organizational budget to to what activities are going on and how much is being spent on each activity, they give authority for the disbursement of funds by signing the checks before they could be cashed at the bank. two board signatories were needed to cash donor funds from banks and pay other projects cost.

• My organization should create the cash flow budget on a monthly basis, now that we may be able to track all organization incomes, the payments of all employees and all organization expenditures. most important is that in my organization we are a service organization who do not sell on a daily basis so it may be abler to track incase there are donations coming in or any kind of sales as well the expenditures on salaries, supplies and payment of debts and loans.

• In my organization,the board members will need to know another to know how much will be spend through out the year or a particular program

• the eco ,ed and finance team need to use the organizational budget

• Our program managers are responsible for creating their respective budget with the help of the finance department. This has been effective in reducing the deficit/ surplus because they use real and current prices of items/ services

• For the program of rural electrification, the program manager needs comprehensible, clear cut information about current and future expenses so as to formulate their constraints better, in the end improving efficiency and coordination and well defined decision making process.

• in our project to fight against HIV AIDS Mr Marc who is in charge of the program needs to know how much funds are available to pay the health facilities in order to clearly identify the margin for their premium

• In my organization, my financiers will be using the organizational budget.
    These financiers are responsible for providing funds to support our humanitarian responsibilities.
    The financiers must have a detailed information about how the organization intends to utilize its finances and also be convinced whether the plans is worthwhile so as not to waste their money on funding such humanitarian course.

• The project managers will need the budgets to know the bounds in which they can feasibly plan their activities

• The Funders/donors, board members, the E. D, The program Manage, finance officer will need to use the budget to know where and how funds are being spent in the organization, to know if the budget is in line with the stated rules and regulations of the organization

• Executive Director, Program Manager, HR Officer, and Finance Officer need to sit together to get a good budget to meet Organization's goals and visions in the Future.

• Everything is wonderful! The course justifies the hopes!

• The Department of Disaster Director will need to know which resources are needed for the activities to be undertaken by the disaster response team. Expenses to be incurred during each activity, as well as periods each activity is going to last.

• Stanley.
    Budget for:
    Implemention
    Fundraising
    Monitoring and evaluation
    Planning

• Le directeur des finances

• In our organization, CFO looks after the budget finalization. After thorough assessment (from program managers), the budget goes to CEO for his nod, thereby approaching the board for subsequent approvals.

• Understand Your Organization’s Goals
    Before you compile your budget, it’s important to have a firm understanding of the goals your organization is working toward in the period covered by it. By understanding those goals, you can prepare a budget that aligns with and facilitates them.
    Estimate Your Income for the Period Covered by the Budget
    To allocate funds for business expenses, you first need to determine your income and cash flow for the period to the best of your ability.. Identify Your Expenses
    Once you understand your projected income for the period, you need to estimate your expenses. This process involves three main categories: fixed costs, variable expenses, and one-time expenses.

• Marketing Analyst, to provide technical marketing support. To determine a better way to price their services. Marketing Analyst needs, financial and nonfinancial information, such as the number of contracts per client.

• The Director will use the budget to know how much has been allocated to the division to know if some projects can be droped or put on board. The Donors will also use the budget to ensure funds are allocated to the actual set cause.

• in an organisation, budgets needed by CEOs to know how much money they will use for the year and how to exert control over funds; donors to know how much to disburse and how it will be used.

A
    1 Reply
  • The program team ideally used the budget to implement programs alloted for this year while Finance team provides technical support and ED/PD oversees the spedning and impact.

• The board in the organisation I work for is responsible for discussing and approving the budget, ensuring that it aligns with the set goals and objectives. It's main focus is to exercise accountability to the donors by ensuring that there is transparency in how funds are managed. The boards needs to use the budget so that it can control and monitor how income and expenditure aligns with donor needs. There is need to set strategy and structure that guides how the organisation implements its budgeting process.

• In my case, the program team and admin will use the budget.They would need to prepare their programs and activities depending on what is in the budget.

• The employees in my organization contributor the labor form of capital in the factor of production chain. They receive their salary or wages from the company, and the company might also offer them job security or career prospects. To this end, they want to be guaranteed of the liquidity and solvency of the organization as this ensures they would not be out of job unexpectedly.

• For my organization, the chair of the diaspora chapter, chair of the Africa chapter and the financial team will need to use the organizational budget. They will need to know each departments expenditure and income generation, overhead, and projections. They will be able to determine various departments performance and how the organization is doing in general.

• Pour notre budget organisationnel, les membres du conseils administratif, l'équipe des finances ainsi que le chef de service utiliserons le budget organisationnel. Ils devront connaitre les dépenses et la génération de revenus, les frais généraux et les projections de chaque ministère. Ils devront être en mesure de déterminer les divers des différents départements et la façon dont l'organisation se porte.

• The budgeting process in my organisation is essential for first, the board of governors who have to review and approve the budget before it is implemented. The director general has a major stake in the process because he is responsible for providing direction, setting objectives and coming out with goals and strategies to facilitate the preparation of a feasible budget. The finance team, directorates and department heads are also involved in the process. They contribute immensely to the process by providing expected activities for execution in the budget year. The finance team helps with the provision of data on revenues and expenditures incurred in the previous and current budget year to ensure adequate projections are arrived at for the organisation. They also help in monitoring the progress of the budget

• For our organization our board members, executive director and funders need to use our organizational budget. They will need to know our overhead costs as well as individual program costs. One person who will need to see our organizational budget is our largest individual donor. She needs to see how much we are spending on each item and what percentage of the overall donation went towards each overhead and program costs.

• The program team need to know the activity that will implement and also know the resource allocated to the activity. The Finance team to provide technical support to ensure that all activities that are being implemented are approved and to void ineligible expenditure

• For the Blessed Age Foundation, the Executive Director will work with the finance team to prepare the budget and submit it to the board of directors for reviewing and approval. The Executive Director will need the approved budget to inform himself on how much is available for the day-to-day running of the Foundations operations. He will also use it to guide his decisions on keeping expenses within the limits of the budget.

• As for our organisation, the funders will need our budgets so as to plan how their goals match our objectives and how they can fit in to help us deliver our annual activities. Additionally, these funders will need our budget so as to serve as scouts for more funding for areas that are not their niche, but we provide services for. All these are to ensure humanitarian services are provided on a large scale, and as per grand and donor requirement.

• Maybe who knows

• Wow it specific

• it too tough but you can understand

• One person that will need to use my budget is the Finance team.
    with the budget, it will help the finance manager and the management to plan activities and to also informed decision bearing in mind available funds.it can also help them to know the needs to raise funds.

• In my organazation the finance team and program manager are the most role and will need to use the organazational budget. In the finance team there are two budget coordinater one is for treasure and the other one for project. And also each departments have a knowledge how to control and spend their budget.

• in previous organization that i used to work, there we used to make a consolidated report of expenses for all the centers and share it with the donor and then we could claim for another installment of funds from the donors and the report was most important for the donor as well the CEO and board of the organization.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.