Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• M&E also helps to under project goals better, decide relevant indicators, develop tools and measurement methods and find out effectiveness of the project

• off to a good start in M&E

• for great accountability and transparency
    to improve future program performance
    for effective resources allocation
    to promote learning and data-driven decision making
    to manage the organization systematically and professionally

• there is a need

• its very important to design the survey can help meh to success about the program.
    we can start to collect some data measuring the program, for e.g.
    i can plan the process that can help the program to success. the mostly
    collect data about meh microfinance is the best,
    prepare the question are size about income of the girls.
    prepare the local and distance of the program

• M&E helps to understand where we have reached, how we have reached and what we have achieved out of the program we are dealing with.

• M&E is a very important process in order to understand how the project is being developed and how the resources are being used. Through M&E we understand is there is any need to make any possible change or if we are on track.

H
    1 Reply
  • M&E is the most important process that make the project team understand if the project is achieving its overall goal.

• M&E is the most important process that make the project team understand if the project is achieving its overall goal.

• M&E is a crucial process to ensure that the project activities are being met and the overall goal of the project is reached

• It has helped me to understand some points about M&E.

• l'élaboration d'un plan de suivi et d'évaluation est la partie la plus importante pour mettre en place un projet.

• M&E is very important to grantee the success of any project or programme

• This is so great. Am excited to be learning how to monitor and evaluate projects!

• M&E helps track implementation and outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of programmes and therefore determine whether the project implementation is on track or what changes need to be made.

1 Reply
  • M&E will help to check the progress of the project to see if everything is going according to plan and also to catch any another unforeseeable contingencies fast and act accordingly.

• The Importance of M&E.
    1.) M&E provides the idea on how to run a project to full success. This playa a major role in knowing which way to go with the project to ensure good results.
    2.) It provides project managers and idea on what is needed and what needs to be corrected to ensure the project results are good.
    3.) It helps projects hit there set out goals with good standards.
    4.) Provides an insight of how a community reacts to the project.
    5.) It gives a rough idea on what the project will contribute and reward the community.
    6.) Data collected during the M&E process can be used for other projects as a guide.
    7.) It helps in tracking outputs based on the inputs to determine the impact of the project.

• M&E will help in the implementation of the project and its output. It will also help the people in charge of the programme on how effective it is

• M&E is important in that its enable us every project implementer to account and assess every single step of the project stages and finally determine whether the projective meets its expected target or not.

• Do you see how MEH was was proceeding wrongly with their project. Because they lacks M&E plan they won't be able to measure their level of success upon completion.

• Any project that lacks M&E plan, might not be supported by donors.

1 Reply
  • This module is very interesting. I have a better understanding of all the steps in monitoring. But I am excited to learn more about the tools for data collection. It is my major concern for this course.

• The use of participatory monitoring and evaluation (M&E) approaches is important for guiding local decision-making, promoting the implementation of effective interventions and addressing emerging issues in the course of implementation

• Donors also want to know the progress made, and monitoring and evaluation is the best way to know this progress

• That's great
    Likewise, monitoring and evaluation measures the impact in the short and long term, and focuses on lessons learned

• I think M&E is crucial in the process of determining whether project is achieving its intended results and also for accountability for what has been done and its impact.

• Another important point to note about the importance of an M&E plan is that it helps you know the status of your organization i.e the capacity level within. This will determine the feasibility of your program and its sustainability.

• Monitoring and Evaluation is an important aspect of project development that can’t be overemphasized. It’s the foundation of a successful project

• Monitoring and Evaluation are two interlinked terms. They are compulsory for one another. M&E are compulsory for starting any project. Its importance is as follows:
    It will help track the output of the project.
    It will help recognize the gaps of budget.
    It will help to check the track of proejct

• M&E will also help in assessing the quality of activities being conducted, so that they can be intervened and modified.

• These are the importance of M&E:

• For greater transparency and accountability
    • Improved project performance
    • Effective resource allocation
    • Promotes learning & data-driven decision making
    • Systematic management of organisation

• M&E enables an intervention plan to measure performance of activities, clearly identify outcome and indicators. It also helps in identifying the type of data to collect and how its processed.

• M&E helps you understand precisely the goal of the project, how to measure the project's progress and plans to collect information on how the project changes beneficiaries life. Also on how to improve the effectiveness of the project.

• I love the first analogy already. Looking forward to learning more!

• This is exactly something I needed. I'm so grateful!

• Monitoring and Evaluation helps assess performance of projects as progress. The assessemnt aids in identification of a project`s loophole, strength and benefits of a project. Monitoring and evaluation reduces the chances of project failure for the project is regularly assessed and improved towards reaching its target. It helps in understanding the multi layered factors underlying a project. From tracking relationship between project inputs and outputs it helps determine whether a project is on track. Acts in identifying the most effecient and sustainable use of resources.

• Monitoring and Evaluation Plan for Microfinance for Expanding Horizons

To determine the success of the project, first you need to determine the interest of the people.

• How many people are interested in securing loans
    • Find out how much of the interested parties actually qualify for a loan
    • What do they intended on doing with the loans
    • If business related then evaluate their business plans to see if they can repay the loan
  • it is interesting how you start the course , I am interested to help MEH and it is very clear the role of M&E plan in shaping the project and all tasks related

• I can already see what a crucial part an M&E plan can play in ensuring the success of a project.

• M&E is important in ensuring that oranization do not go about without having clear targets that they aim to achieve while conducting their business. Amongst the things that M&E ensures are available are clear milestones that are to be achieved and the the evaluation ensures that the milestones have indeed been achieved or atleast they help the organization to understand how far they are from achieving their own goals.

• This lesson actually opened my mind

• Helps in producing better outputs and results

• The GOOD and MEH examples, I now have an understanding of what M and E is about.
    Thank you.

• Risks are the things that can disrupt your planaplan it's outside your control.

Assumptions are biases . Those things you believe without much evidence about it.

• This is nice online course , i have a small suggestion cane you please upload more video because i am the new if you can show more practically in video that will might be very useful . Thank you so much

• HELP TO COLLECT DATA AND INFORMATION REGULARLY ,TRACKING PERFORMANCE AND MEASURING HOW WELL THE PROJECT ACTIVITIES HAVE ACHIEVED.

• The important of M&E plan help us to not only to guide the process but also in key decision making area in the project as it help structure the project to mitigate errors

• I have for quite sometimes thought about M&E in my business but with less understanding of it's usefulness in project implementation.

• I have for quite sometimes thought about M&E in my business but with less understanding of it's usefulness in project implementation.

• The importance of M&E are as follows:

• it measures the progress of an on going activities of a project and it's impact after the project has executed,

• it helps to track performance of an on going project over time,

• it helps in the efficient use of resources,

• it measures how well the project activities have achieved the objectives and how much changes in out comes can be directly linked to a project interventions.

• This is a good start!!!! The GOOD project is really ready to take off.

• I think this is often a poorly understood area of the project cycle, yet one of, if not the most important area in terms of measuring impact, value for money and satisfaction. It's not easy to do but I think courses like this should be 'must do's' for organisations where beneficiaries and donors are concerned from a governance and accountability point of view.

• M&E helps keep the project on track and cam let authorities know when things are going wrong.

• M and E are more most important

• M&E is a very important process in order to understand how the project is being developed and how the resources are being used.

H
    1 Reply
  • M&E is a very important process in order to understand how the project is being developed and how the resources are being used.

• I would think that it is important for MEH to consider the pay back rate on the loans.

• Without an M&E plan it is likely that a project will get bogged down in daily activities without considering the desired end results of the project.

• M&E is important because it help your Organization to catch problem right away and find solution to the problem and make all neccessary change if possible.

• I'm Famahan DOUMBIA. I want to improve my skills continuously and I choose Philanthropy University for that. I already happy to be here and learn free lot of things.

• The importance of monitoring and evaluation is now clear for me when it comes to prepare data collection, report for donors in other to motivate to support the project

• I'm abass kargbo from The Gambia,

• Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH) project should identify first what the money obtained by the girls is from microloans is going to be used for. Once this is established, the coordinator of the project should hand out questionnaires or surveys to the relevant micro lenders together with the proposals from members. Then, only can they estimate how many micro lenders are willing to fund this members.

With this information, they can then submit a report to the donors to make them aware of the number of people that might be funded by theses lenders.

• Goals-there should be clearly defined indicators and a framework on how to collect data.

Goals-

• amount of money per person/per household
    • number of girls to be given the micro loans
    • Criterion of girls selection per district/province
    • Target age group / school leavers
      Time frame to measure progress
  • The M&E is the Key for the projects succes as it helps to make a step by step follow-up.

• M&E is so important in the project life cycle as the monitoring is an essential way to track the progress and implementation of the project as well as keep us timely with the timeframe of the project. On same hand, evaluation is important as well to evaluate how everything is done after a time period to identify lessons learned and how they could be improved by the future.

• I am ready to learn how to create an M&E plan

• Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH) project should identify first what the money obtained by the girls is from microloans is going to be used for. Once this is established, the coordinator of the project should hand out questionnaires or surveys to the relevant micro lenders together with the proposals from members. Then, only can they estimate how many micro lenders are willing to fund this members.

With this information, they can then submit a report to the donors to make them aware of the number of people that might be funded by theses lenders.

Creating Data Collection Tools

• Hi everyone!
    I am glad to have enrolled for this course.

• How the project changes the beneficiary's life, what they think about the project, do they know any others that can benefit from the project and how can the services be made better.

• Through M&E we can assess the project implementation and evaluation the actual result as per define in LFA

• Looking at the course i am glad I enrolled because M&E is very valuable in my line of work.

• From the two examples below, I think GOOD Project has all what is needed to build a strong M and E plan. This is not the case for MEH Project. Without knowing what kind of information to be collected and how to collect it in order to measure progress in the activities it will be difficult to build an effective M and E plan

• For MEH project's goals are: girls improve their skill.
    We measure their income and beneficiaries.

• M&E is important because you are able to see the progress of your project before it goes far by monitoring and then make necessary changes or corrections, while evaluating also helps to see the impact of the project and if its aim is achieved and lessons learnt.

• After reading the text one can easily understand that for smooth functioning and successful implementation of project, a systematic and thoughtful monitoring and evaluation plan is very crucial

• Interesting stuff

• monitoring helps to track the progress of the project

monitoring will also help help project memebers be accountable to the project

monitoring also help project staff in making sound decision making.

• it's getting clearer

• M&e is importance because it provides a way to assess the crucial link between implementers and beneficiaries on the ground and decision-makers.

• M&E is important to control the project which have to meet with progress regularly and keep on tracking whether the project are on right track or not, and measuring whether project meet according to the objectives or not.
    So M&E take important role to over view the project time to time.

• M&E is important because it helps with identifying the most valuable and efficient use of resources. It also provides a consolidated source of information showcasing project progress. It also reveals mistakes and offers paths to learning and improvement. It allows basis for questioning and testing assumptions.

• Great.Ready for it.

• I am excited to learn the importance of M &E.
    GOOD has got a project that really needs notions of an M &E.

• The second project is Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH), a project that will let girls borrow small amounts of money (microloans). MEH knows that their donor will want to see some data, but they do not know how to get it. In fact, they are not totally sure what they should be measuring. Some people on the team think that they should measure how many loans they give out. Other team members think that they should measure how many businesses they help to get started. Either way, they know they will need an M&E plan fast!

Clearly, GOOD is off to a great start. But there is still hope for MEH! They still have time to create an M&E plan. Throughout this course, we will help MEH prepare their plan. By helping MEH prepare their M&E plan, you’ll learn how to create a plan for your own project.
    Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan: A comprehensive planning document for all monitoring and evaluation activities within a program. This plan documents the key M&E questions to be addressed: what indicators will be collected, how, how often, from where, and why; baseline values, targets, and assumptions; how data are going to be analyzed/interpreted; and how/how often report will be developed and distributed.
    Non-routine data sources: Resources that provide data collected on a periodic basis, usually annually or less frequently. In addition to large-scale household surveys, these sources may be small-scale, ad-hoc household surveys; special studies; and national censuses.
    Objectives: Significant development results that contribute to the achievement of goals and provide a general framework for more detailed planning for specific programs. Several objectives can contribute to each goal. Examples: “to reduce the total fertility rate to 4.0 births by Year X” or “to increase contraceptive prevalence over the life of the program.”

• M&E is crucial to any project. Without it, it would be difficult to design a project- all the way from the inputs we need, the impact we desire and everything in between. M&E determines the project performance and success, whether there is effective resource allocation, data-driven decision-making, proper management and organization and etc. It encourages transparency and accountability in a project team and serves as a roadmap towards set targets.

• Both projects belong to the same organization:
    Evaluation Clearly state what are the milestones of the project and what are the final outputs. On the one hand,...
    Monitoring of outputs. Clearly elaborate on a methodology able to constantly monitor the development of the project
    Monitoring of outcomes and impacts. Outcomes and impacts are more.
    Monitoring and evaluation are separate practices dedicated to the assessment of your NGO’s overall performance. Monitoring is a systematic and long-term process that gathers information in regards to the progress made by an implemented project. Evaluation is time specific and it’s performed to judge whether a project has reached its goals and delivered what expected according to its original plan.

• It seems to me that the significance of monitoring and evaluation lies in the importance of conducting a well-thought out project. Monitoring is the continuous rechecking of all activities that take place in order to deliver the objectives of a project. Without it, things can go unnoticed, and this may lead to shortcomings that could have otherwise been avoided. Evaluation, although does not happen as frequently, helps both project team members, project managers, and funders to determine the factor that contributed to the success of project and/or way to improve any drawbacks. Together, monitoring and evaluation can serve as a manual for team member and managers to learn and improve their work production.

• Monitoring and evaluation is very important in every project and for a project to be successful monitoring and evaluation must be present. M&E importance to a project can be seen as follows;
    Project goals are set and are precise
    Annual reports are easily made
    Project can be improved.
    Moreover from the above it can be deduced that girls organising for ongoing development project is and will be a success because their goals are precise, they know how to run the project , collect feedback and others whereas micro finance for expanding horizons is completely the opposite.

• The M&E plan helps to measure if the project has been implemented according to the plan (monitoring) and is having the desired results (evaluation). It also sets out a framework for enhancing the generation of good quality monitoring data, which will be used for evidence based decision making and provide greater accountability

1 Reply
  • Both projects belong to the same organization:
    Evaluation Clearly state what are the milestones of the project and what are the final outputs. On the one hand,...
    Monitoring of outputs. Clearly elaborate on a methodology able to constantly monitor the development of the project
    Monitoring of outcomes and impacts. Outcomes and impacts are more.

• Very insightful topic with very clear instructions and information

• the earlier you are able to evaluate the perceived risk, you are able to manage better

• I agree with you on this

• The M&E plan helps to measure if the project has been implemented according to the plan (monitoring) and is having the desired results (evaluation). It also sets out a framework for enhancing the generation of good quality monitoring data, which will be used for evidence based decision making and provide greater accountability.
    The M&E plan also allow for systematic learning from past and current activities – "what works and what doesn't work and why" – so that good practices can be replicated in the future and mistakes and poor outcomes are avoided. In general, it aims to assist the project team and implementing partners in the monitoring and results reporting of project activities against the approved work plan and logical framework.

• Has anyone in the team read through this and what are your opinions on the course so far?

• I am ready to learn

• At the programme level, the purpose of monitoring and evaluation is to track implementation and outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of programmes. It helps determine exactly when a programme is on track and when changes may be needed.

• I don't understand how this can be sustained seeing girls are still in school and cannot raise money on their own.

R
    1 Reply
Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.