Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @darcygray said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is debating.

yes you are right because communication is the key to success.

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because M& E plan will help to Define the Goals, define procedures on what to do in order to succeeded in project and how to measure those procedures.

Further more M& E will easier your work on writing relevant report on how project have achieved its goals.

• I agree strongly agree with Esther, on ensuring accountability in team which brings brings great success to the Project.

• @Esther_daniel said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because of the following reasons:

• It will enable you monitor progress of the project and identify problems in the course of implementation
    • I think incorporating M& E into your project will help you better communicate the progress and impact of your project on beneficiaries to your stakeholders or funder.
    • I also think that incorporating M&E into you project will ensure accountability in terms of meeting timelines, milestones and goals of the project.
      -Incorporating an M&E component into your project will allow room for improvement on program planning and Implementation
      -Lastly, I think incorporating M & E into your project will demonstrate the organizations accountability to the beneficiaries and the funders.

I agree strongly agree with Esther, on ensuring accountability in team which brings brings great success to the Project.

• @Dayan22 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I agree with you measuring the success of your project will let funders have confidence in you and your project.

This is very true.

• i think, the manager should do M $ E plan for the project to get good data and use for the progress of the project and have substantial outcomes

• @Course_Operations said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 1.

Imagine that you are GOOD’s project manager. You are trying to convince MEH’s project manager to create an M&E plan. In the discussion forum, explain what you would you say to MEH’s project manager.

Sample Post: I think that you should create an M&E plan because __________ .

Respond to at least two of your peers’ messages. Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?

The Program Manager MEH, I think you should create an M&E plan because it helps you track your progress, you'll know how much success you've achieved and your problems. You'll know your drawbacks and ways of improving them, you'll know whether you are timely and effective

P
    1 Reply
  • You'll also know the

@Rinacey_03 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Course_Operations said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Imagine that you are GOOD’s project manager. You are trying to convince MEH’s project manager to create an M&E plan. In the discussion forum, explain what you would you say to MEH’s project manager.

Respond to at least two of your peers’ messages. Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?

The Program Manager MEH, I think you should create an M&E plan because it helps you track your progress, you'll know how much success you've achieved and your problems. You'll know your drawbacks and ways of improving them, you'll know whether you are timely and effective
    You'll also know the impact of your program on small businesses, this could help your donors decide whether to give more or withdraw

O
    1 Reply
  • Creating a M&E plan while we are running a project, it's something strongly important because its gives the tools to the team in charge of project to assess the different level of achievement through the metrics set before to start the project. its also gives the opportunity to adjust our plan according to the reality on the ground.

• The M&E Plan helps assess progress of the project toward achieving its set goals and objectives. reports generated on this progress are then used to inform key project implementers and directors thereby increasing your chances of getting more funding.
    it also defines the indicators that measure progress towards the project objectives.

F
    1 Reply
  • @PROMISEOLUTUASE said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan because any vision that does not plan for monitoring and evaluation will eventually fail. M&E gives the necessary information to sustain a vision. It gives you precise data and information on what is workinh, what is not and what needs to be improved upon. Furthermore it gives a more professional look to investors and this will help the organization to grow, be more marketable and sellable.

yes true, and once the organization is more marketable and sellable, then you could easily get funded.

K
    1 Reply
  • @Rinacey_03 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

and if you identify your drawbacks and improve them, this becomes and effective tool in setting up a sustainable project.

1. They shoudle prepare M&E as it will give them goal to achieve
    2. The should prepare M&E it will tell them about there performance
  • @LawalGodwin said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Good Day Gentlemen and Ladies, I think M& E is very important in this type of project

I agree with you because having an M&E plan will help the MEH organization to use facts and evidence to understand the complex process of executing their project, to measure the progress of their project and to make informed decisions how effective the project was.

• @rickykinskid2 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

i think the project manager for meh must consider monitoring and evaluating the loans they give out as well as the business to which these loans are going to be used for.this creates a broad circumspective measure for the project manager of meh

I agree with you that the MEH manager needs an M&E plan because it will help them to define their goals and objectives which will then help them to track their performance and help guide them to ensure they don't veer off their set targets.

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is debating.

I think its best you create an M&E plan because, with an M&E plan, you can.

1. Set an achievable target for the project in line with the available resources and also create a time frame within which the target is expected to be met.
    2. Map out a plan to help the organization achieve its expected target
    3. An M&E plan will give an accurate statistic of how many girls were able to benefit from the microloans
    4. It shows if the project actually had the expected impact on its target audience
    5. With an M&E plan, project leader(s) and members can easily identify challenges/problems and nip it in the bud
    6. An M&E plan provides accurate data to the sponsors about the project and this could provide further funding from your sponsors.
  • @saidiheinze said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Terab said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should develop an M&E plan because it will help the organization monitor progress against set target. It will help indicate if the project is still on course based on the milestones achieved. Where deviations from the agreed implementation plan occur immediate measures would be put in place to address such.

These also depict the M&E I know, hope we add on more

I agree with you. An M&E plan tracks the progress made. It's also shows if the expected impact was achieved and gives adequate information if such project deserves to be continued or not.

You'll also know the

You'll also know the impact of your program on small businesses, this could help your donors decide whether to give more or withdraw

I strongly agree with you. In my opinion, I feel the impact of the project is the most important reason for an M&E plan, because without achieving the desired impact, the project will not continue. What do you think is the most important of an M&E plan?

R
    1 Reply
  • @Olorunfemi said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

You'll also know the

I strongly agree with you. In my opinion, I feel the impact of the project is the most important reason for an M&E plan, because without achieving the desired impact, the project will not continue. What do you think is the most important of an M&E plan?

I think the most important of an M&E plan is the impact of a project.

K
    1 Reply
  • i think you should create an M&E plan to help your team understand the goals of the project and properly measure best the have gone in achieving those goals.

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because M&E plan will:

• Help you know your target or goal
    • Help you measure your output or outcome and know if it is in line with your goal
    • Help you make adjustment to your project if it is lacking in scope, schedule or budget
    • Help you to keep your project from derailing
    • M&E plan is a critical factor in the success of every project.
      For this reason, Mr. manager, you need an M&E plan.
  • @phil13dlamini said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan because any vision that does not plan for monitoring and evaluation will eventually fail. M&E gives the necessary information to sustain a vision. It gives you precise data and information on what is workinh, what is not and what needs to be improved upon. Furthermore it gives a more professional look to investors and this will help the organization to grow, be more marketable and sellable.

Very impressive sir. "It gives you precise data and information on what is working, what is not and what needs to be improved upon."

it helps you track your progress, you'll know how much success you've achieved and your problems. You'll know your drawbacks and ways of improving them, you'll know whether you are timely and effective

Agreed, most especially "it helps you track your progress, you'll know how much success you've achieved and your problems. ... and ways of improving them"

• I think you should think of creating M&E systems because M&E system and tools will allow the project team to identify the project's objectives and the activities which will contribute to achieving those objectives. Also, M&E system is essential for monitoring the project and make any necessary corrections or changes needed to finally achieve all the project objects/targes. M&E system provides the data for evaluating the project for future emprovements. Finally, M&E systems allow you to communicate your project achievements, best practices, lessons learned for your donors as well as for all stakeholder, including the project beneficiaries.

• I think you should think of creating M&E systems because M&E system and tools will allow the project team to identify the project's objectives and the activities which will contribute to achieving those objectives. Also, M&E system is essential for monitoring the project and make any necessary corrections or changes needed to finally achieve all the project objects/targes. M&E system provides the data for evaluating the project for future emprovements. Finally, M&E systems allow you to communicate your project achievements, best practices, lessons learned for your donors as well as for all stakeholders

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because;

1. It will help you what your goals are
    2. It will help you asses the progress of your project and activities
    3. It will help you link the progress to the already established goals
    4. It will help you know the impacts of your project to the communities/individuals involved
    5. It will help you to make informed decisions on where more man power or finance is needed
    6. It will help you to easily dictate errors where necessary and subsequently fix them

Sample Post: I think that you should create an M&E plan because this will let you know what are the goals for the project and how you can find best solutions to reach these goals.

Acheaving this course will improve my knowledge in project M&E and this will add value on my CV

• Good morning/Afternoon or Evening whatever time it is, Manager i was thinking you should create an M&E plan because;- assess the stakeholders’ understanding of the project;
    -You will be able minimize the risk of project failure;
    -Promote systematic and professional management; and
    -Assess progress in implementation.
    -It will assists you to determine the degree of achievement of the objectives.
    -Determine and identify the problems associated with programme planning and implementation.
    -It will generate data that allows for cumulative learning which, in turn, contributes to better designed
    programmes, improved management and a better assessment of their impact.
    -It assists in the reformulation of objectives, policies, and strategies in projects. Thank you.

D
    1 Reply
  • @Saleeman said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because creating the plan make the project easier and faster. Doing this you will have to get an M&E officer to help you monitor i.e He/She will help to collect project information (data) regularly which will help you to measure the progress of the project and also help you evaluate how the project have achieve it goals.

Adding to the rich responses of colleagues, I think you should create an M & E plan because this will allow you to:

• Systematic monitoring of activities through predefined parameters;
    • Acquisition of important data to improve the management of the project promoting an organizational learning;
      -To know to what extent the activities of the project had an expected effect, result or impact in view of the objectives of the project;
      -To know the merit or the value of the project through the direct linkage of the results achieved to the interventions made.
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because it will help you know whether your activities are having the desired effect or impact, and if they are worth continuing or replicating in the future.

• Mànager, I strongly advice that you make a M&E plan because it will enable you lay down clear cut goals, indicators and models on how to realize the project, communicate a clear understanding of your project to your stakeholders, communicate how successful your project is to your donors and equally give them reason to continue funding the project, it equally helps you forestall failure once you discover you are diverting from the initial plan or goals

• Sir (Manager), I will strongly advice that you consider making a M&E Plan because it:
    ●easies project management by analyzing the project into its simpler units for easyy follow up
    ●makes for systematic monitoring of the project's progress (successes and failures) through regular data collection
    ●eases the identification of the project's implementation related problems
    ●can spur the revision and reformulation of the objectives, policies, strategies and methods of a project if need be

I agree with this view of Darcygrey because rewards arengiven to results and funders will only fund those who deliver the goods

• @SergioAkueson said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Good morning/Afternoon or Evening whatever time it is, Manager i was thinking you should create an M&E plan because;- assess the stakeholders’ understanding of the project;
    -You will be able minimize the risk of project failure;
    -Promote systematic and professional management; and
    -Assess progress in implementation.
    -It will assists you to determine the degree of achievement of the objectives.
    -Determine and identify the problems associated with programme planning and implementation.
    -It will generate data that allows for cumulative learning which, in turn, contributes to better designed
    programmes, improved management and a better assessment of their impact.
    -It assists in the reformulation of objectives, policies, and strategies in projects. Thank you.

I equally submit to the views shaeed here and say you have truly opened up my mind to project work especially with this last point on reformulation instead of just being inflexible where flexibility is the only way

• @somenath said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@saidiheinze said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because

M&E helps to know the progress of the project,
    M&E help in making decision either to continue with project or to take another twist
    M&E helps for future project design by eliminating issues to be avoided,
    M&E data collected is referred to as base mark.
    Am there sure, you need to have the plan.

Dear Friend, well said!!!! I would like to add M & E data can be used for keeping Transparency and Accountability towards project stakeholders

Well said, it helps you to know if the goal of your plans were achieved

• @Amana said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@darcygray said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

That's right. . . An M&E will provide adequate and necessary statistics for future engagements too.

And also help to ascertain your programs impact on your target population

V
    2 Replies
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because if you evaluate throughout the process, in case something goes not according to plan, you can make adjustments avoiding waste of time, money, energy and frustration in your team.

M
    C
    2 Replies

@Amana said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

That's right. . . An M&E will provide adequate and necessary statistics for future engagements too.

What about the well being of your group? Do you think M&E can help them as well?

@Amana said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

What about the well being of your group? Do you think M&E can help them as well?

• M&E is needful because it will enable the manager to to know the area of the scheme to concentrate,the level of empowerment to demand and the method to use in ensuring that the beneficiaries are well selected and trained to be compliant to see to it that the aim of scheme is achieved

I do believe that an M&E plan is necessary one of the most important goal is to ensure that your stakeholders are in agreement with the outcome expected and have buy in to the project. The other is to ensure that the team is on the same page and to ensure that all activities are documented in such a way that discrete actions can be identified so to the outcomes.

• I think they should create M&E plan by setting key indicators and targets in order to have possibility of measure their performance

We need to trace the project is on a right track to achieve it's objective. Thus we need to know which data we are going to collect and how to collect it and who is responsible.

M
    1 Reply
  • I think you should create an M&E plan because it will help:

1. In development of key performance indicators to be monitored
    2. Determine appropriate data to be collected and the methodology to be used in gathering the data including the collecting intervals(time frame).
    3. Generate data to measure outcomes of the projects activities against its objectives.
    4. The project manager to quickly detect challenges that may arise during implementation and taking remedial measures.
    5. To obtain relevant quantitative and qualitative data that can be used in compilation of annual reports to highlight project progress to donors, partners and stakeholders.
  • @Fikadu_123 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

We need to trace the project is on a right track to achieve it's objective. Thus we need to know which data we are going to collect and how to collect it and who is responsible.

Yes! you are right. in addition we need to know the time intervals (frequency of data collection) and interpretations of results for decision making.

1 Reply
  • @Virginia_maria said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because if you evaluate throughout the process, in case something goes not according to plan, you can make adjustments avoiding waste of time, money, energy and frustration in your team.

I agree with you. It also helps to quickly identify areas which need strengthening.

1 Reply

I'd advise that you create an M&E plan because it is a tangible tools for comparing impact of project activities against the baseline survey. With the information derived from an M&E plan, you can confidently show donors the impact of their monies and advocate doe future funds justifiably.

• @mantse said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Virginia_maria said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because if you evaluate throughout the process, in case something goes not according to plan, you can make adjustments avoiding waste of time, money, energy and frustration in your team.

I agree with you. It also helps to quickly identify areas which need strengthening.

This is completely true. Monitoring helps control errors in delivery of project activities.

• @mantse said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Fikadu_123 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Yes! you are right. in addition we need to know the time intervals (frequency of data collection) and interpretations of results for decision making.

I couldn't agree more.

• NICE ONE DEAR

• I think you should create an M&E plan because, this will help him/her to measure the progress about plan and helps to get best possible achievement .By creating M&E he/she able to know how to start the task and know about how many girls that they are providing loans.This will guided him/her to accomplished the task.

• I think that you should create an M&E plan to be able to schedule a timeline for your project and create or use all of the tools that will allow you to measure the quality or the quantity of the impact your project intend to have a given population.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Marizolg12 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@NJERI_KARIUKI said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

The MEH manager should prepare a M &E plan so as to be able to measure the progress of the project and be in a position to make informed decisions that are in line with the objectives and expected outcomes of the project

Hi! I Think the (M & E) would be an essential tool for the design, planning, evaluation and measurement of the MEH objectives and how they could be evaluated or corrected, if necessary

Yes it's really an essential tool to collect project's informations for analysing and decision making..

• Course Facilitator

@Axon said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think creating one will help to understand the progress of the activity in relation to the time frame. Further it will help to see the effectiveness of the project outcomes are positively affecting the organisation.

@Axon, I agree with you that M&E helps to measure the effectiveness of projects by tracking the implementation of your project regularly,.....

• Course Facilitator

@fotehyoussouf said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan to be able to schedule a timeline for your project and create or use all of the tools that will allow you to measure the quality or the quantity of the impact your project intend to have a given population.

Hey @fotehyoussouf, it helps also determine exactly when changes may be needed,..

• I think you should Create an M&E plan because, it helps your team to know what it's goals are. It will also make you to know how you are progressing. Also, evolving problems are quickly identified and solved at an early stage. Last but not least it helps in easy accountability to donors and partners justifying the need for their continual support and funding.

R
    1 Reply
  • @phil13dlamini said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

The M&E Plan helps assess progress of the project toward achieving its set goals and objectives. reports generated on this progress are then used to inform key project implementers and directors thereby increasing your chances of getting more funding.
    it also defines the indicators that measure progress towards the project objectives.

Good one there
    In addition it also helps you to know the extent to which beneficiaries are being impacted by the project.

• @chaels said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because of the following reasons;
    1.you will able to measure the progress of the project.

1. It will help you track the performance and make informed decisions about the effectiveness of the project and efficience use of resourses
      3you will be able to measure how well the project activities and how much changes in otcomes can be directly linked the to the projects interventions.

I agree with you
    Also, it will help in early identification and solving of emanating problems

Z
    1 Reply
  • @Zyina said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

When you use M&E, it allows flexibility in your planning, action and review.
    M&E allows you to know your weak point and gives you a heads up for tackling challenges.
    It also makes you look and sound smarter while making presentations.

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because it will help us to track performance and to determine how much of the intervention contributed to change.

• I think you should create an M&E plan because, It will help frame your project by identifying the project's goal and time frame. From a set goal, you can numerate internal key performance indicators that will measure progress or the lack thereof of the project. To ensure quality an evaluation/survey is always needed at the end of the project to see if the end user truly benefited from the project's effort. Results of the assessment from the end user can serve the manager and his team to enhance future experiences and improve the project's shortcomings.

• @Fidelia said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should Create an M&E plan because, it helps your team to know what it's goals are. It will also make you to know how you are progressing. Also, evolving problems are quickly identified and solved at an early stage. Last but not least it helps in easy accountability to donors and partners justifying the need for their continual support and funding.

Identifying evolving problems early is key in preventing a waste in resources , funds and time. The earlier problems/ lack of progress are identified and addressed the greater the chance of a project to succeed=continuous support.

• I completely agree with you. Exactly what I'd say too.

1 Reply
  • @WambuiNgimeria said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Exactly what I wanted to say. I agree with you.

• @TrixmetiBunor said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

In addition it will help create a level ground for all team members to work in the same direction to achieve a common goal.

• The sole aim of M&E is to check the progress of a Project in line with its set objective/goals such that the Impact of the Project can be measured effectively.

E
    1 Reply
  • -M&E plan help to identify what they require to start the project
    -Time needed to finish the project
    -How many people are participating in project.
    -Help to identify short and long term goals.
    -Risks that can might prevent your from reaching your goals

E
    1 Reply
  • I think you should create an M & E plan because it gives you the opportunity to collect data during the earliest stage of the project and with the data collected, you can track the progress of what you are doing.

• @oludayoogunbiyi said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

The sole aim of M&E is to check the progress of a Project in line with its set objective/goals such that the Impact of the Project can be measured effectively.

In addition to this, it's makes data collection easy , unlike when you are trying to gather information after the project has been kicked off for long

• @Rose1234 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

-M&E plan help to identify what they require to start the project
    -Time needed to finish the project
    -How many people are participating in project.
    -Help to identify short and long term goals.
    -Risks that can might prevent your from reaching your goals

In addition to this, it also makes evaluation of our work easier and quickier

• Hello,
    i am Bushra Rana from PAKISTAN

I think you should create an Monitoring & Evolution plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is debating.

BUSHRA RANA

• I think that you should create an M&E plan, first of all, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) are important for you to assess that your project is achieving set targets. For instance, by monitoring the development of the project you will easily understand whether strategic changes need to be made and act accordingly.

• Dear MEH project manager, I think you should have an M and E plan because of various reasons.
    Firstly,it will help you track the progress of your project and by so doing you will have reliable data to help convince the funders. The funders want to be sure their funds are creating an impact on the livelihoods of these young kenyan girls.
    You will be able to know which intervention worked well and which one did not work well so that next time you can choose a more feasible intervention .

• It's importance to create the M&E plan because it will guidance both the technical and M&E team on how the program progress will be monitored and measured. It contains agreed concept on how the result data will be collected, analyzed and reported.

• I think you should create an M&E plan because it would help you refine your programme, and potentially improve on it further. It would also help you with compelling and accurate data and statistics - something which donors and funders find really compelling.

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because it can aid you in fully streamlining your program.

• I think that MEH should create a M&E plan because, it will not only help them achieve success, it will help them define their objective, evaluate both individual and collective performance, measure their success level and achieve the ultimate goal.

• Without an M&E plan MEH will struggle in various areas. Firstly they will not be able to ensure that the program is being implemented at intended, i.e. they will miss any opportunity to correct issues. Secondly, the they will not know if they have achieved the intended objective or outcome, because it is not defined or agreed upfront. Finally, they will risk not having a credible basis to defend their approach or impact and hence will not be taken seriously.

• I think you should create a M&E plan because it will assist your organisation in keeping track of the impact of the product or service that they are offering. This would help in improving the services provided by the organisation as well as assess whether its objectives are being achieved. In that way the organisation will stay relevant and up-to-date with every thing that may affect its operations and projects

• I think that you should create a M&E plan because it will assist your organisation in keeping track of the impact of the product or services that they are offering. This would help the organisation assess its contribution within its respective communities and seek ways to make improvements where applicable, in order to ultimately reach its set set target and objectives.

N
    1 Reply
  • I think I will go with @darcygray because the M&E plan will give you accountability of the whole project, as this will enable you monitor it's progress and shortcomings. This will make you more confident about the project success and make it convincing to the donors.

• I equally agree with @SergioAkueson. This is totally true as this will make the Organization able to track success, adjust policies and make informed decisions that will make the whole project better if they notice any hitches during the project implementation. And this can only happen when there is an M&E plan for the Project.

• Hi everyone,
    I believe that M&E will be very much important to MEH because it will help them to track performance and success of the project. Without it, they are working blindly and anything is bound to happen along the way.

I'm also a Vitim of this. I have a small community based organization (CBO) that I managed as I work in the office. We started maize and ginger farming with women in one village but we have no M&E for that ongoing project. I have already sensed the relevant of the M&E in project implantation and I'm glad to be part of this course to develop one for our ongoing project.

Thank you all leaders!

1 Reply
  • @nafulasmamai said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

It helps to track implementation and outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of programmes. Further, it helps determine exactly when a programme is on track and when changes may be needed thus forming the basis for modification of interventions and assessing the quality of activities being conducted.

I agree, when you have systems in place, it is easier to track progress and to pick up dips in activity/progress as soon as they surface

1 Reply
  • @ReatlegilePhiri said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create a M&E plan because it will assist your organisation in keeping track of the impact of the product or services that they are offering. This would help the organisation assess its contribution within its respective communities and seek ways to make improvements where applicable, in order to ultimately reach its set set target and objectives.

I agree. It is easier to keep track of the amount of work that has gone into a project when M&E is tight. Most work gets lost in not capturing the day to day.

• Course Facilitator

@aakamara01 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Hi everyone,
    I believe that M&E will be very much important to MEH because it will help them to track performance and success of the project. Without it, they are working blindly and anything is bound to happen along the way.

I'm also a Vitim of this. I have a small community based organization (CBO) that I managed as I work in the office. We started maize and ginger farming with women in one village but we have no M&E for that ongoing project. I have already sensed the relevant of the M&E in project implantation and I'm glad to be part of this course to develop one for our ongoing project.

Thank you all leaders!

thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts @aakamara01, normally M&E is very important to track implementation systematically, and helps improve performance. it helps also to improve current and future management...

• Course Facilitator

@NozukoPoni said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@nafulasmamai said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

It helps to track implementation and outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of programmes. Further, it helps determine exactly when a programme is on track and when changes may be needed thus forming the basis for modification of interventions and assessing the quality of activities being conducted.

I agree, when you have systems in place, it is easier to track progress and to pick up dips in activity/progress as soon as they surface

i agree with you @NozukoPoni, if you are affiliated with an Organization in your locality, what type of M&E system does your organization currently use?

• Hello! I will convince the MEH`s project manager by telling that monitoring and evaluation can help them to measure their project, shows its statistic of their progress, make comparison of the objectives vs the accomplished and of course, M&E can be used to make decisions.

H
    1 Reply
  • There is a great need of measuring the progress of the project. It minimizes the risk of the project's failure. Also helps to identify the problems or challenges associated with the programme planning, implementation and monitoring(PME) . It helps to identify the indicators and possible strategies for collection of data for our reporting which can please to resource partner for continuing of partnership with MEH.

H
    1 Reply
  • M&E is getting its traction day by day as the donors and beneficiaries are demanding for evidence to see that the projects are achieving desired outcome and the resources are not being wasted.

• @dassantosh1968 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

There is a great need of measuring the progress of the project. It minimizes the risk of the project's failure. Also helps to identify the problems or challenges associated with the programme planning, implementation and monitoring(PME) . It helps to identify the indicators and possible strategies for collection of data for our reporting which can please to resource partner for continuing of partnership with MEH.

The last part seems particularly important as the implementing NGOs have to convince donors that their money is being spent well.

• @ale_issabel said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Hello! I will convince the MEH`s project manager by telling that monitoring and evaluation can help them to measure their project, shows its statistic of their progress, make comparison of the objectives vs the accomplished and of course, M&E can be used to make decisions.

Very well said. Monitoring specially can do a lot in terms of making or adapting decision based on the information coming.

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because as it helps to assess the achievements of project set targets and helps to take necessary action for the deviations which ultimately keep the project in right track. M&E plan helps the project staff to track the performances, analyze and measure the outcomes. It also helps to assess the effectiveness of projects and the efficient use of resources.

• I think you should create an M$E plan for the sake of making sure that the funds allocated to the project are being consumed competently. Also, an M$E plan is essential in ensuring that the project is working efficiently towards fulfilling its objectives.

A
    2 Replies
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because that help you to ensure project deliverable are in place

A
    1 Reply
  • I think you should develop a M&E plan because it will help you to analyze the progress of the program,if you are really getting your aim and object right. It can also help you to redefine your goals if you're not getting the target.

1 Reply
  • It will help the organisation to achieve its goal efficiently and also track the progress. Moreover M&E will also help our organisation members to stay focused and give them a better direction.

C
    2 Replies
  • @Ramesh39 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because that help you to ensure project deliverable are in place

yes

1 Reply
Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.