Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Welcome to the course discussion board!

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

My name is Rofiat Abdulyekeen. I am from Nigeria. I am the founder of Triple L Humanitarian Foundation. My goal is to have the knowledge of fundraising and to be able to implement this to my non_profit organization.

E
    1 Reply
  • Hello Everyone! My name is Eugene Aso joining from Accra, Ghana. I am the founder and president of Generation Without GREED Initiative, a nonprofit organization with the vision to see a new generation of Africans and Africa without GREED by 2050.
    My goals for this Course are to acquire more knowledge for running my nonprofit organization and to upgrade previous knowledge I have acquire for the enhancement of my organization.
    I would like to join a team for this Course. Thanks.

• @abdulyekeenololade said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

My name is Rofiat Abdulyekeen. I am from Nigeria. I am the founder of Triple L Humanitarian Foundation. My goal is to have the knowledge of fundraising and to be able to implement this to my non_profit organization.

Great! Welcome on board Rofiat, i hope we will work together.

• Hi All. I am SimoneKay from Jamaica. I am currently working as an independent consultant and I have a great interest in learning more about fundraising for non-profits. My background is in Marketing Communications however I want to more work in the area of Philanthropy and Corporate Social Responsibility to boost my skill sets in this area. Looking forward to collaborating with you in the near future!

• Course Facilitator

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello All,
    My name is Sheku Alim Cawray from Sierra Leone. I am the General Manager for Bea's Group. I decided to join this course because I want to learn how to raise funds for the underprivileged sick babies in our country , as our health system cannot caters for all of them unless they have to fly some out of the country. Funding has been a bottle-neck for these babies and their parents.

K
    1 Reply
  • @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi my name is Shani :) I'm joining from Cape Town

Not working for an NPO yet but in the process of starting one with my friends with plans to do ecological rehabilitation in the Karoo! My role will be in admin, fundraising and PR, with and in support of my friends

I'm hoping this course will get me started on improving my communication skills and ability to identify and act on fundraising opportunities!

Not for this course unfortunately as I don't have a lot of time right now

5. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      None to note yet

• Welcome Poonam!

• My Name is Liz Kilonzi.
    Am joining from ?Nairobi Kenya.
    I am currently not in any organisation.
    I would like to know more about fundraising to help me with my volunteer activities, in initiatives that could benefit from my knowledge.

N
    1 Reply
  • @Alim16 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello All,
    My name is Sheku Alim Cawray from Sierra Leone. I am the General Manager for Bea's Group. I decided to join this course because I want to learn how to raise funds for the underprivileged sick babies in our country , as our health system cannot caters for all of them unless they have to fly some out of the country. Funding has been a bottle-neck for these babies and their parents.

welcome, complete and get those babies some funding.

• Hi everyone, firstly let me apologise for my late arrival to the course as I had some unforeseen circumstances this week, but I am here now and will catch up before weeks end, with that said, my name is Camille Charles, I'm from Trinidad West Indies (in the Caribbean). I am the president of an NGO, I am also the education officer for the same organization. My goals for this course are to enhance my skill set to better serve my community. I am very interested in being part of a group and I will make myself available for the timing set by the group. I have some experience in fund raising it's what we do or have been doing to realise our goals through a poverty eradication program which we call 'life enhancement program'. Whilst emphasis is placed on food, clothing and shelter, we have recognised that in order to be successful in this venture, we should also strive to educate and empower. we are a new group just over a year but we are already into our second phase of the program which is education toward empowerment, we have a few donors toward the project but we cannot always depend on funding and must be self sufficient, therefore I'm hoping to increase my knowledge while sharing some of mine toward a better world, educating one person at a time, thank you for the opportunity to learn along side all of you

C
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

• Hi, I'm Horenzo from Jamaica, I came across Philanthropy University on facebook while scrolling through news feeds. I was instantly attracted to the course offerings, in particular this one. I am deeply engaged in church ministry, where many times I am asked to plan fundraising activities. Also, I am founder of a charity organization that seeks to promote wellness through music. I enrolled in this course because I want to forge partnerships with the right organizations and start to impact the world on a wider scale

• @KilonziLiz said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

My Name is Liz Kilonzi.
    I would like to know more about fundraising to help me with my volunteer activities, in initiatives that could benefit from my knowledge.

Welcome

• Hi everyone my name Bony joining from Haiti i work for a company calls Starboard Cruise Services my goal for the course is to learn as much as i can and get some new ideas from my colleagues around the world

• Hello I am Alicia, from Guatemala City, Central América.
    I work for a noprofit organizatión named Yo'o Guatemala this is in one of the many native languages we have here in may country an means "Lets go all together"
    We run a Library in a native village named Purulhá where 60% of the population is in extreme poverty. So this is why we decide to help children with nutricional and education programs.

• Hello everyone, my name is Amy Ramkissoon and I am from the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.

I am currently not working with an organisation but I am considering joining a new one.

My goals for this course is to learn everything and hopefully apply it to whatever new organisation I decide to join next.

I prefer to work alone at times but if I am welcomed or invited then for sure I will join a team (possibly).

I don't really have any experience that would be related to this course. I just realized that there is a great need for it to optimize any organisation.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

my name is arooba and I am join jrom pakistan

1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

no I am not,cause I couldn't find one.

1. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
      after gaining alot of information, I am going to work in an organization to gain experience and then open my own organization
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

yeah sure it may be it turns out more effective

No not really, that's why I m here!

• ^_^ best of luck

• Hello!
    I am Anny Kelly Iradukunda from Burundi, and i am a volunteer at Nacham Africa

• Hello everyone!
    My name is Stella Wakesho and I am from Nairobi Kenya.
    I work as the Program Manager at Art and Abolition a non-profit that works to heal, protect and empower young girls in Kenya who have survived sexual violence as a result of poverty. I love learning and this course will help understand fundamentals of Fundraising and help me support my organization to raise funds. We are actually taking the course as a team and we hope to bring the organization to a more stable place financially.

• @KilonziLiz said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

My Name is Liz Kilonzi.

Hi Liz,
    What kind of volunteer activities are you involved in?

• My name is Mandieya

• Hi all, my name is mandieya. I work with ActionAid Ghana (AAG) and joining you from Accra, Ghana. I would like to link up with colleagues, get to know more about fund raising and support organizations to raise funds with my knowledge.

• Hi, this is Kalpana here. I came to know about this course by my professor. I am studying Master of Social Work in PSG CAS . I am from India. This course wil be of great use for me ,as the social work profession will have a link with NGOs and work with them. So for raising fund for an organisation it will be helpful.

• What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    My name is Phill and i am joining from Lagos, Nigeria
    Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    I work for an Oil n Gas firm here and also volunteer for an NGO called BackpackersLagos. my role is Event planning and partnerships
    What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    my goal is to increase my capacity to engage in the right types of partnership whilst also getting funding
    Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Yes i am interested in joining a team, but i created one myself and will like people who share same goal to join in.
    Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise! No experience.

• Course Facilitator

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    Hi my name is Cindy Koen and I am joining from Sunny South Africa.

Yes, I have recently started an organisation; Marula Conservation Project. My role at this stage is everything and anything...

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    To learn about how to effectively fundraise for my organisation. I intend to apply my skills in everyday thinking and ensuring that the things I do have an ultimate goal.

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Yes

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    No

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello everyone, my name is Gabriel Benneth i am joining from Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
    I am the Programme Manager of Support Initiative for Sustainable Development . So excited to be part of the course to build my capacity in the area of fundraising which is a fundamental aspect for Non- profit organisation like my that is doing so much in rural communities in my country, i believe this course will help me contribute to my organisation.

• Hello everyone,
    I'm Taiwo Lambo from Lagos, Nigeria. I work as an Administrative Assistant with a non-profit organisation that empowers yoing people to become change agents and leaders. My goal for this course is to apply the skill to help secure funding for projects organised by the organisation I work with. I have no prior experience.

Thank you

D
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello everyone.

My name is Deborah and i am from Nigeria.

I recently concluded my National Youth Service in Nigeria and on i am starting my career growth. Presently, i home tutor kids while i apply for jobs.

I have always intended to start an NGO to help the communities and less privileged. There is so much to be done but i need to have a plan to start so that i don't get stuck and fail. I feel a lot of people are counting on me. I plan to use the techniques I'll learn here to get started and ensure continual growth of the organization. And if possible expand it to other African countries as well. Nigeria must be great.

Yes i do plan on joining a team. Just one person can't build this on theit own. Advices, inputs and help from a dedicated team is an asset.

Yes. I have had the opportunity of joining a couple of volunteering jobs so as to learn on the job and get a bit of experience and it has been mind blowing.

• @Funtee said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello everyone,
    I'm Taiwo Lambo from Lagos, Nigeria. I work as an Administrative Assistant with a non-profit organisation that empowers yoing people to become change agents and leaders. My goal for this course is to apply the skill to help secure funding for projects organised by the organisation I work with. I have no prior experience.

Thank you

Hi Taiwo. It's nice meeting you. I love the mission of your non-profit organization. May i know the name?

• Hello everyone. I am so very surprised at how many people have joined this course. My name is Celia, I live in Canada. It is the fist time I get myself involved in the world of fundraising. Looking forward to learn about what is fundraising all about.

• @ttau365 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hi colleagues, my name is Thabo Ncube and I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa.
    I am a Co-Director of a Non Profitable Organization(NPO) in Johannesburg.
    I am very passionate about empowerment to the disadvantaged, and therefore my goal is to acquire and empower myself
    with adequate information that I will share with my counterparts, in an effort to understand the processes of seeking funds
    and how to run an NPO.
    I am a team player, as I believe that team work can bring out diverse ideas and solutions to simplify problems.
    No experience at all, just general knoeledge.

Nice to Meet you Thabo Ncube, me and you are in the same boat. I am Joseph from Uganda, I started an organization a few years back and we have been operating with just basic knowledge. I am very passionate about empowering the disadvantaged kids and youth so here aim seeking knowledge to understand how things really work. Will be glad to be friends

• @celiacruzazuca said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello everyone. I am so very surprised at how many people have joined this course. My name is Celia, I live in Canada. It is the fist time I get myself involved in the world of fundraising. Looking forward to learn about what is fundraising all about.

Nice to meet you Celia, My name is Joseph From Uganda. Me and my team currently run a grassroot ministry here in Uganda and I took this course to see how we can do better. Glad to meet you here. If you are looking for a team I am here :>

• Hello Everyone, My name is Vishal Kumar from India. I am a Business & Legal Advisor at Smartnomics Law Offices.
    I have joined this course to expand my knowledge .

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi All,
    My name is Cassie. I live in California, I am the Founder for organization called Milele Home in Kenya. We work to provide education, counseling, assistance restoring family relationships, and temporary housing for older street children. I recently just left my job as the director of a local foundation to pursue and build Milele Home.

My goals for this course are to better understand practical ways to engage donors and create a strategy for fundraising. I studied nonprofit management in college but am always wanting to learn from others, practice, and implement new ideas! I'm excited to engage with others and learn from others experience.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi All,
    My name is Cassie. I live in California, but I am the Founder for organization called Milele Home in Kenya. We work with older street children to provide education, counseling, assistance restoring family relationships, and temporary housing for older street children. I recently just left my job as the director of a local foundation to pursue and build Milele Home.

My goals for this course are to better understand practical ways to engage donors and create a strategy for fundraising. I studied nonprofit management in college but am always wanting to learn from others, practice, and implement new ideas! I'm excited to engage with others and learn from others experience.

• Hi, I'm Lauren and I am from Colorado in the U.S. I do not currently work for an organization but I am currently looking for a role with an NGO in development and hope that this course will be useful in gaining general knowledge of fundraising particularly pertaining to the NGO sector. I just finished a Masters program in December in Development Studies with a specialization in agrarian, food, and environmental studies.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello, I mean Alkali

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello, I am Alkali Amana from Nigeria

I volunteer for an organisation, a youth platform - Activista Nigeria

I hope to broaden whatever little knowledge on fundraising I might have had.

No reservations on working in teams.

I have tried fund raising a couple of times, but to no avail.

• Hello everyone I am Alok Pratap Choubey I am joining from Indore India. I am an engineering student and i am not familiar with this course. I am here to learn new skills by working with a team so that i can learn something from all of you so please guys help me.

• Hi, I'm Shittu Farida from Kaduna, Nigeria. I work with Girl Child concerns as a Mentor supervisor. I intend to learn the basics of fundraising as there's a fundraising exercise currently ongoing in my organization, it is aimed at sending 500 IDP girls to school, I'm willing to join a team of great minds to complete this course. I have no prior experience related to this course, i look forward to learning a lot.

• Hi,
    I am Malak, I'm joining from Jordan. Jordan is very new to me, since I lived in Canada all my life. In 2016, I came to Jordan and stayed for a year and half, then I had to go back to Canada for personal reasons. Thankfully, I am back now. Its not that I don't like Canada, but Canada doesn't need me.

I always had a dream since I was very little, that I would have my own organization for the people in need. When I came to Jordan I saw talent that is not seen, which broke my heart. Since then, I have decided to start. I believe in the change , so i'm going to try my best to help.
    I still have no experience in this field, and that's why i'm here now.

G
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone, my name Juliana from Malaysia. Hoping to get more info and learn about funrising that can be usefull for non profit organisation i'm wirk with .

• My name is Baluku Omary a Uganda but currently based in South Sudan working for a non profit making Non Governmental Organization.
    I partook this course as it is vital for my job as a programs personnel who is looking for funding in every corner of the world and help vulnerable populations with the funds I get either in kind or cash.

Am willing to join any group because team work is paramount for success and easy interaction and learning.

• Israel Kojo Aglanu held from Nigeria
    2.No self employed

1. Intensive input to achieve great results.
      3b. Through daily financial management.
      4.Yes
    2. Not yet.
  • Hi Learners

I am Perminus Moinogu from South Africa and I am the director of The Huruma initiative which focuses on assisting the homeless people. My goals are to learn as much as possible so that i can be more smart in the application of my knowledge of fundraising to grow my foundation and reach more people. I am currently part of a team that works together to further the goals of our foundation. I have yet to put my knowledge to the test regarding experience gathered relating to the course.

• Hi! My name is Nana Ama and i'm joining from Ghana in West Africa. I work in the education sector and i work with Ashesi University as the Executive Assistant to Academic Affairs. My role is to assist the Provost and faculty to achieve our department goal of providing excellent teaching to students. A good number of Ashesi's students are on various forms of scholarships and so we fund raise a lot to get donors to give to our school. My goal is learn how to fund raise not just money but all forms of things which will help my organization keep doing what we do and also provide excellent teaching services to our brilliant but needy students. I'd love to join a team, actually joined one already and i look forward to sharing ideas with my team mates. I must say i have no experience in fundraising now but i hope to be a master at this by the end of this course. Thank you

• @Deepak_Padhi said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@navyaagarwal said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hii
    My name is Navya
    I am from Delhi , India
    Currently I am doing my last year in school
    And I am taking this course to develop a new skill

Hi Navya, its Deepak form Mumbai. Happy to see a fellow Indian on these platform.

Hi i am from Goa nice to see some brothers on this platform

• My name is Jennifer and I am excited to join this course from Goa India.

I am a student and looking to add some skills

I am studying at Nithyananda Hindu University

Yes I am interested in joining a team for this course of like minded people preferred indian so if anyone would like to add me to team please do so.

Wishing all who are doing this course great success and much blessings

Thankyou

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

I am Raheemat Adediran, the Operations & Facility Manager for Designing Futures in Lagos, Nigeria.

I am looking forward to learn how to recognized and approach potential funders, how to write a winning proposal and how to give an effective pitch.

Designing Futures is targeted at changing the general acceptable standards of education in West Africa through empowering the teachers by giving them access to real life advanced in class experience from the best source all over the world.

It is a very tasking goal that needs as much funding that can be accessed because most of the targets audience may not be able to afford enrolling in the program. Understanding the concept of fruitful fundraising will help in reaching out to a larger number of the targeted audience (the teachers).

I have been in a fundraising training before but if was limited to accessing funders from the USA.

Thank you

• hi
    i am Nana Boatemaah
    i am new here , looking forward to learn a lot
    looking forward

1. Hello, I am Grace Feng. I am from China originally and I am now joining this class from Ames, Iowa, USA

2. I am a Third year PhD student. and I am interested in Philanthropy.

3. I am very beginner for philanthropy. I am so excited to learn it, because I want to make a better world with my efforts.

4. I have not got a team so far.

5. I have no related knowledge or experience, just interest so far.

• how can i know if i have an assignment?
    where does it show on the dashboard?
    how do i submit my assignments?

can anyone here help me with the above questions?

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello my name is Nora Godwin am a Nigerian
    Am taking this course for the first time and very excited to avail myself of this opportunity.

• Hi, Malak, i an so happy to meet you there. Nice self-introduction.

I like your passion and contribution in Jordan. I really appreciated your efforts in Jordon. Enjoy.

• Hello ,
    I am Frantz ONE , from Haiti ,in the Northnern . I am involving in more than 3 non profit organization : Club Entrepreneurial Acces Jeunes , we are working with young entrepreneurs by training them in entrepreneurship and leadership ,i have 6 years experience in it ,now i am the vice-president . CEREFA a center of training and research on poultry farming , i am one of the co-founder and President we created it after my training on poultry farming managing in India. and last one is LIONS ENGLISH CLUB , it's a place where we help Haitien people to speak english, have fun and make progress .My goal to this course is to learn enough in order to help my community ,and create wealth . And being able to raise money for my organizations to sustain and reach more people make a big impact . Thanks .

• Hi! I'm Brithny S. Smith. I'm from philippines. I'm not part of any organization. I join because I want to learn more and be knowledgeable about these course. I think I might apply it in my future work. I like to join a team to build up my communication skills and teamwork. This is my first time to join in online course. So, I hope we can be friends. Thank you

• Hello everyone am Abdulqudus, a former volunteer project manger at Enactus Tasued, Nigeria. While I was the project manager of this great not for profit organization, I faced a lot of challenges getting funds to execute our projects. This really gave me a lot of hard time and that's why I have decided to take this course. I Want to be familiar with the principles guiding fund raising.

I will be glad to join a team.

• Hi everyone,
    I am Sanam, from Nepal. I am currently a student doing my Masters in Business Studies. Fund raising, planning and budgeting are my areas of interests. By doing this course , I wish to gain more knowledge and skills that could be useful in my careers in future and I wish to thank Philanthropy University for creating this platform for us.
    Regards

J
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from? My name is Julie Sharkey-Villars and I’m joining from Vero Beach, Florida. It’s almost two hours south of Orlando on the east coast.

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?Yes, I am working for my own company, which is a nonprofit. All Access Play, IRC, INC. I am the Executive Director.

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work? I have worked for two years to get a sports venue and playground built in my county that is specifically designed for special needs children and young adults. It’s function is to operate as an all inclusion facility.

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course. Initially, I must startband work on the course and lesson plans solo. I have a complex schedule and do not want my commitments to interfere with another student.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise! I do not have experience creating and operating large scale fundraisers for nonprofits. I do have experience gaining support and volunteers from within a community on community projects. This has required public speaking for and to a wide diversity of people and groups within my community.
  • @MatthewLonzo said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

What is your name? Where are you joining from?: My name is Clay Lonzo i'm from Columbus, OH.

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?: I am working at a small non-profit. I am trying to develop a fund raising program for the org.

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?: I want to raise money for the non-profit. I am new to fundraising so I need to learn the basics.

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course. : I have joined a team.

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!: As I stated above, I am new to fundraising.

It is very nice to meet you. I wish you success in this course and in your nonprofit endeavor. I have come to learn that people who work with nonprofit organizations are devoted and often inspire others within the community to do good for the community at large. Best wishes!

• list item

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello, my name is Joseph Augustine from Nigeria. I work with Verve Megaminds Network a organization that focuses on Child education and youth empowerment and I am the Founder. My goal on this course is to broaden my knowledge, meet other people and at the end apply this knowledge to my organization.
    I am very much interested in joining a team for this course, iron sharpens iron.
    To be sincere I have little experience in this area, I hope to learn more.

• @angurkt06 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hi everyone,
    I am Sanam, from Nepal. I am currently a student doing my Masters in Business Studies. Fund raising, planning and budgeting are my areas of interests. By doing this course , I wish to gain more knowledge and skills that could be useful in my careers in future and I wish to thank Philanthropy University for creating this platform for us.
    Regards

Best of luck.

• Hello friends,I am mayur. I want to learn this course to improve fundraising of my organisation.

• Hi everyone! I'm Osman from Ghana, and I'm looking to gain some insights into the workings of NGOs.

I'm currently working in the public sector as an elementary school teacher, but I reckon taking this course would hugely aid my vision of working in the NGO sector at some point in future, Inshah Allah.

Happy learning, everyone!

• Hello Everyone,
    I am Roseline Nthenge joining from Kakuma Turkana County in Kenya. I am a projects Co-ordinator. My goal is to explore how to attract funding for protracted refugee situations where donor resources are shrinking. I am joining as an individual thereafter facilitate information cascade to my colleagues . I am knowledgeable in donor negations , maintaining cordial relationships with them and fundraising as per their core interests in response.

1 Reply
  • Hi. Farida. This is great. We are working with girls too. It will be great to learn from each other and apply the best practices.

• Hi! I'm Loreynne and I'm a high school student in the Philippines. Obviously, I want to learn thing about fundraising. I'm not part of an organization but I really want to be part of one. I hope that this course will improve my skills and knowledge.

1 Reply
  • My name is Dr Alabi, am from Nigeria

• Hi colleagues, my name is Dr Alabi and I'm from Ondo State, Nigeria.
    I am the CEO / Founder of Path-Finder foundation international of a Non Governmental the Organization(NGO ) in Kogi State, Nigeria
    I am very passionate about empowerment to the disadvantaged, and therefore my goal is to acquire and empower myself
    with adequate information that I will share with my counterparts, in an effort to understand the processes of seeking funds
    and how to run an NGO .
    I am a team player, as I believe that team work can bring out diverse ideas and solutions to simplify problems. I have little experience and want to acquire more.

Dr Alabi Boluwaji Vincent (OD, MNOA)

S
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone,
    My name is Sunny Badalia.
    I am from India and currently pursuing Master's of Business Administration in Energy Management.
    I am looking forward to learn new skills and gain knowledge.
    I am very happy that I got the chance to enroll in this course.

• @alabiboluwaji1 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hi colleagues, my name is Dr Alabi and I'm from Ondo State, Nigeria.
    I am the CEO / Founder of Path-Finder foundation international of a Non Governmental the Organization(NGO ) in Kogi State, Nigeria
    and how to run an NGO .
    I am a team player, as I believe that team work can bring out diverse ideas and solutions to simplify problems. I have little experience and want to acquire more.

That is great work done by you👍
    Appreciations

V
    2 Replies

Hello Comrades. My name is Joseph Muiruri and I am joining this platform from Kenya. At the moment, I am a digital marketer at a Music Company here in Kenya. What I do most is creating awareness of the company's existence through the on-line platform.

My Goals towards this course are:

1. To acquire skills and knowledge that can make me a great fund raiser.
    2. Have the ability of applying the skills I get here with ease.

At work I can't really make an application of what I get here because of my hidden role. However, I would like to apply them in an organization I am to set up here. This organization will be one that does support talents. Music talents to be precise. I hope to have the ability of covincing donors to be part of this project that will the change the phase of East African Showbiz industry and Africa at large.

I like working alone but then from what have learnt in the first module, I don't mind joining a team of like minded individuals.

I do not have experience in this field yet. However I have what it takes to be a fund-raiser after completion.

• Hello everyone,
    I am Ahmed Magem. I am joining you from Abuja, Nigeria.
    I am the founder of Forsythe Peace and Development Initiative and Program Coordinator of Social Workers Without Borders (SW2B) for Africa.

My goals for this course is to learn more about fundraising and different techniques. This is geared to helping me and my organizations leverage on the knowledge gained in getting more funds for our programs and projects.

I am very much interested in joining teams for this course as well as collaborating with other groups on projects in my sectors. Its a fact that learning in teams has more advantage in meeting our learning objectives.

I will certainly expand my knowledge on this course and also share with my friends, partners and team.

I am looking forward to meeting other people here and seeing how we can network and make new friends.

V
    1 Reply
  • @sunnybadalia4 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@alabiboluwaji1 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

and how to run an NGO .

Appreciations

Well done Dr. Alabi. I look forward to learning more from your experience. It could come handy for our work in the northeast especially in Borno and Gombe State.

• @loryxx said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hi! I'm Loreynne and I'm a high school student in the Philippines. Obviously, I want to learn thing about fundraising. I'm not part of an organization but I really want to be part of one. I hope that this course will improve my skills and knowledge.

Great, keep learning more here. Join other teams and network and grown your knowledge. I'll recommend you start off by volunteering to serve in some organizations in your area especially in your area of interests.

• @Rozie said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Everyone,
    I am Roseline Nthenge joining from Kakuma Turkana County in Kenya. I am a projects Co-ordinator. My goal is to explore how to attract funding for protracted refugee situations where donor resources are shrinking. I am joining as an individual thereafter facilitate information cascade to my colleagues . I am knowledgeable in donor negations , maintaining cordial relationships with them and fundraising as per their core interests in response.

Very well. I'll like to learn from your experience.

M
    1 Reply
  • You are in the right place to begin your journey. Join any team of your choice and expand your knowledge.

• Hello, my name is Rebecca Greenall. I am a Head of the EAL dept and Service Coordinator at TISA, The International School of Azerbaijan.
    I took on this role in January and we're in the process of trying to restructure our entire service model for students, staff and TISA community members. We aim to use the SDGs as our framework and involve as many members of the school community and partners as possible.
    I hope to learn more about fundraising and successfully connecting and working with donors. We have recently had people approach us to see how they can support our service programme and as I have little experience, I am keen to learn how to make our projects sustainable.

• I am keen to connect with other people running service programmes in schools.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

I am Murshid. I am from Bangladesh.

Yap. I work as a manager

I want to know how can I play role in fund raising as a manager

In true sense I have no team member yet for the course

5. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      No till now I have no experience in fund raising activities.

• Halo everyone. My name is Priviledge Tafirei originally from Zimbabwe but currently studying in Capetown south Africa. Currently am not working with any organisation full Time since am at school. My goal is to learn more on how to raise funds for non profit organisations because am intending to work for a non profit making organisation when I graduate. I would also love to be part of a group/ team

• Hello,
    My name is Thomas Sankara and i am a student at University of Tourism, Technology and Business studies.
    I am happy to join this course and i hope to learn more.

• Hello my name is Abdul Aziz ssemakula I work for an organization called life savers volunteers foundation an organization aiming to reduce road traffic accidents and mortalities in Uganda.

We are passionate at providing timely professional post crash care.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello house,

So sorry i am replying at this time.My work is what kept this far.

Thanks

• I am Raphael Akinsanya a former Director of Projects of JCI OAU Nigeria, a NGO for the College.I am from Nigeria.
    I would say i am happy to talk up this course because one of the challenges i face while serving as the then Regional Director of Projects, was funds.How to raise funds for our projects.

I hope to learn this new skills here and be successful to work with new teams, by adding a leap in career to wherever i may work in the nearest future.

• @ahmagem said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello everyone,
    I am Ahmed Magem. I am joining you from Abuja, Nigeria.
    I am the founder of Forsythe Peace and Development Initiative and Program Coordinator of Social Workers Without Borders (SW2B) for Africa.

My goals for this course is to learn more about fundraising and different techniques. This is geared to helping me and my organizations leverage on the knowledge gained in getting more funds for our programs and projects.

I am very much interested in joining teams for this course as well as collaborating with other groups on projects in my sectors. Its a fact that learning in teams has more advantage in meeting our learning objectives.

I will certainly expand my knowledge on this course and also share with my friends, partners and team.

I am looking forward to meeting other people here and seeing how we can network and make new friends.

Hello Ahmed,

Truly inspired by your initiative.I am in Lagos Nigeria.I will like to collect with you if you dont mind for us to be team members on this course.

Thanks
    Raphael Akinsanya

• @sunnybadalia4 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@alabiboluwaji1 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

and how to run an NGO .

Appreciations

Hello Dr. Alabi,

I am happy we are from the same country.I hope to add you to my team on this course.

Thanks.
    Raphael Akinsanya

• Hi Colleagues, my name is Muhammad Arif and I am from Islamabad Pakistan.
    I am working as Program Officer-GBV with an Irish organization in Islamabad Pakistan.
    My goal is to learn about the fundraising and I would like to apply this knowledge with my organization colleague while they planning for fundraising opportunity.
    I am confident that I am a good team player and would love to work with the team.
    I have 2 years of experience in fundraising with local/National organizations. But I think I need more knowledge about fundraising, (The world is a university/institute and we born to learn until the last breath, so Learning and then implementation is my passion)

1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello everyone, my name is Daniell N. Anowu and l am joining from Kaduna, Nigeria.
    I am a student at the Nigerian Defence Academy. My goal is to gain skills that could help when I create my organisation - to rais funds for programs and projects.
    I love to work in teams because l believe together everyone achieves more.
    I have little experience in this field because i once volunteered to assist in raising funds for an outreach sometimes back in 2016 and i also have read a few books on fundraising and Negotiation.
    Am excited to be here😄

T
    1 Reply
  • Hi All!

Im Carla Roach from Trinidad and Tobago.

I joined this course because I am interested in fundraising in a more systematic, structured and proffesional way with a Group I have joined, and I think this may be the best place to start to gain more knowledge

I dont have a team with me, but I look forward to interacting with all of you.

T
    2 Replies
  • Hello everyone

I am Martin Mwansa from Zambia, Lusaka. I am currently serving as a Finance Associate for an NGO that is dedicated to improving the learning infrastructures and quality of education for the less previledged children in Zambia.
    I'm eager to acquire skills and knowledge that I will channel to helping my organization acquire funding for planned projects and achieve financial sustainability.
    Iam a team player who strongly believes in team work which makes the dream work by creating efficient synergies.
    I have no experience on this but have basic knowledge.

• Good day everyone. My name is Nadine and I am joining you from Namibia. Have just been introduced to a new challenge of being a Assistant Curator at a beautiful local Museum. Fundraising is a must, so am here to increase my knowledge and learn valuable skills for my new job. Super excited to be here and working along side you all.

T
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My Name is Victor Ngwamenda

I am joining from Cameroon

I am the Director of VIKI Solution Centre

My goal for this course is to learn , how to raise fund for my organization , I am new to fund raising

1. Hi colleagues, am Mohammed Adamu ,joining from Gombe,Northeastern Nigeria.

2. Are you working for an organization?I am a cofounder and Program Manager of Rural Health Mission Nigeria,an NGO working to breach the gap and increasing access to healthcare ain hard to reach and under served communities in Northeast Nigeria.

3. My goals is to learn how to raise funds and get connected to peers/people working in their communities,share experiences on fund raising and donors.

4. Yes.

5. No.

• @ahmagem said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@Rozie said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Everyone,

Very well. I'll like to learn from your experience.

Welcome on board Roseline,nice meeting you.

• my name is Zulu Stephen from Kasama-Zambia.
    i work as a District Health Director
    am into planning,resource mobilization and utilization,clinical care guidance with reference to the Standard Operating Procedures for the ministry of Health in Zambia

• Hi everyone, my Name is Victor Ngwamenda
    I am studying from Cameroon ,I work with VIKI solution center . I am the center co-coordinator, this course will help me to know more about Fundraising and use the knowledge to raise funds for my organization

• @amysmall said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hi all! I'm Amy Small, joining from Atlanta, GA , USA. I lead creative and strategy for a digital agency who works solely with nonprofits and cause-driven companies, so just diving into the fundraising end of things to be able to connect with that part of my team better.
    Looking forward to it!

Hello Amy, that's great! Welcome!

• @Bolanle19 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,
    Happy learning!

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    Hi I am Pragya, I am from India

I am working for Udyogini as Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Associate

My goal for the course is to understand methods of raising funds to be able to cooperate with other members in fundraising process, understand both planning and fundraising would be beneficial to both me and my Organisation.

Yes I don’t mind joining a team with related organizational role

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    I don’t have any experience regarding this course, hence the introductory class.

G
    1 Reply
  • Hello, I'm Mayra from VE. I'm a university student and I volunteer with some ONGs. Knowing how to raise funds will let me help ONGs with this knowledge. A lot of people, including me, doesnt know how foundraising works, and that is what I want to learn, and recommend ONGs to join courses in Philantropy University. Thank you!

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.