Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Welcome to the course discussion board!

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

Hello Leaners,
    My name is Sophia Nshushi, am joining Mwanza - Tanzania. I am working for Kivulini Women's Rights Organisation as a Gender trainer.I joined this course to learn more about fundraising so as i can help my organisation on fundraising strategies and i am very happy to join the team.

V
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone, I am Paul Joydhar from Nepal but my home country is Bangladesh. I am working with an NGO in Kathmandu as a program coordinator. Goal is to learn and share and I am very interested to join the team because team work is the place where we can learn more by sharing each others experience. I don't have any experience regarding this course but I am enough confident that I will be learned form this course.

• I am Muqaddasah Bano from UK. Currently Member of an Organisation Jhelum Form UK.We work for the welfare of the people of Jhelum origin in Jhelum Pakistan, UK and
    overseas. Jhelum origin includes a person permanently settled in Jhelum. we are planning to launch few projects from climate change and basic education to start the work on it we need funds and efforts to kick moff the continue projects

• Hi all! I'm Amy Small, joining from Atlanta, GA , USA. I lead creative and strategy for a digital agency who works solely with nonprofits and cause-driven companies, so just diving into the fundraising end of things to be able to connect with that part of my team better.
    Looking forward to it!

M
    1 Reply
  • Hello, I am Tumisang Molefe from Johannesburg South Africa. I lead an organisation that is focused on empowering and bettering access to primary education as well as ensuring a prosperous journey in their schooling lives.
    Looking forward to learn from all of you.

• Hi every one , my name is ismail magan joining you from somalia Hargeisa , it is my privelege to take this course and rare opportunity that will enhance my service to humanity or my local people . Hope to get ideasand joind whit you , welcome.

• Guys can we form a WhatsApp group?

my number is +9779851247650

S
    1 Reply
  • Am Johnson Erinfolami by name from Nigeria, a volunteer in The Scout Association of Nigeria and an Accountant by profession.

• Hello,
    I'm Debbie from Lagos State, Nigeria.

I'm working for an organization as a volunteer.

My goal is to develop my skills on how to fundraise the organization. Also, to help my organization improve in fundraising.

I'm joining a team for this course to be more successful in meeting my learning objectives in the course.

I have no experience related to the course.

• @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,
    The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.
    After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.
    Happy learning!

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    My Name Is Rohan Motghare & i am from Maharashtra India

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    i am a co-founder of a 4 month old startup which work for retail scrap management in India

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    my goal is seal deal of fundraising for my startup and make my startup in valuable in the are of scrap management

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    yes of course i would like to join team for this course, in my experience team work is much better than individual work, in team work learn perception of the our team member's for same goal its help us to achieve our goal

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    i don't have any kind of experience to related this course this was my first time experience in fundraising course

• Hello! My name is Geenah and I am a Development Associate for a nonprofit called Youth Outside, based in Oakland, CA. My goals of the course are to understand the fundamentals fundraising; I hope to be able to use the tools given to me in order to more effectively and efficiently help my team attain our fiscal goals. I am interested in joining a team if the opportunity presents itself.

• Hi everyone, my name is Mohammad Qasim and l am joining from New Delhi, İndia.
    I am the Treasurer of an NGO ZAHRA FOUNDATION in New Delhi, India. My goal is to gain skills that could help my team to raise funds for our programs and projects.
    I love to work in teams because l believe together everyone achieves more.

• My name is Altagrace Michele Maignan. I am a Doctor also hold a Master in Public Health.I currently serve as Program Manager at Fondation Esther Boucicault Stanislas an organization that advocates for People Living With HIV and Key populations by providing care, support capacity building and social reinsertion.

By the end of this course I want to :

• Hello, I am Mark Awantoh joining from Buea, Cameroon. I work with an NGO - Reach Out, as Finance Officer.
    I have a passion for fundraising and it is in line with my role, therefore this is a valuable capacity booster for me.
    I look forward to working with a dynamic team to help me understand the content of this course and validate it in time.
    I have gotten some on-the-job knowledge on fundraising from my work but I prefer to start from the basics and grow.

Regards,

• Hello everyone, my name is Jemima and i recently joined this University to gain knowledge

1. My name is Gilliam and I am joining from Cape Town South Africa
    2. I am working as a financial consultant for myself
    3. My goal with this course is to learn more about raising funds in a non-profit environment and who the general funders are and what they are looking for when approached for funds. I plan to apply this new knowledge to potential community uplifting work in my surrounding area.
    4. I do not have a team and therefore do not plan to join a team, but am willing if there are others in the same position.
    5. I haven't done this course or a similar course before. Even though I am in the finance industry and have experience in accounting and tax and understand most of the terminology for raising funds, I lack the skill of identifying donors and what they are looking for.
  • Hello everyone its Amir here .I have done Masters in Sociology and some trainings from UNICEF ,ILO,IOM,USAID.
    Senior professional specializing in program development, strategic planning and project design for complex, multi-sector rural development and economic growth programs in South Asia, including governance, civil society, conflict management, post conflict/disaster recovery, private sector/value chain development, food/livelihood security and public infrastructure.
    14 years total experience providing mid-career level services for Multinational organizations.

V
    1 Reply
  • My name is Katja and come from Serbia (Eastern Europe). Currently, I am working as an independent consultant in Washington DC. For years (more than 10y) I worked for an international development agency and I managed programs focused on raising rural development, land management, local tax administration, and information systems to Europeans standards. I worked with political parties, elected officials, ministry leadership, civil servants, and civil society stakeholders to find common ground and overcome barriers to reform. I have no practical knowledge on fundraising, but would love to learn more about it and try to get into that field of work. I am open to joining a team and looking forward to meeting and learning from my team members.

• What is your name? Where are you joining from?: My name is Clay Lonzo i'm from Columbus, OH.

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?: I am working at a small non-profit. I am trying to develop a fund raising program for the org.

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?: I want to raise money for the non-profit. I am new to fundraising so I need to learn the basics.

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course. : I have joined a team.

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!: As I stated above, I am new to fundraising.

J
    1 Reply
  • My name is Saidi Hussen Ongu Joining from Kampala, Uganda
    Yes, My role Charperson/Founder
    Ofcourse many activities needs Fundraising so it would be very important to add this skills in my Organisation
    Am very much willing to join a team

• @pauljoydhar said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Guys can we form a WhatsApp group?

my number is +9779851247650

Let others join as well, would u like to form more team members than two??

• Hello everyone!

My name is Adebusola Adebayo and I am joining in from Port Harcourt, Nigeria. I just founded a non-profit organisation; DAEI Foundation with an aim to join the cause of eradicating childhood malnutrition. I am excited to take this course on fundraising so I can acquire the necessary skills that will aid my organisation in raising funds for it's programs and projects. I would love to join a team because this will be a good opportunity to brainstorm, exchange ideas and find the best solution. I have zero experience in fundraising and I look forward to learning and networking with as many people as possible.

Kind Regards.

• Hi. I'm Alceu Dias from Recife, Brazil.
    I'm an expert in developing clean energy and want to learn how to use my skills to help non-profit organizations.
    I don't have any experience with this knowlegde and I think it will a grateful opportunity to learn about it with you.

• My name is Gazelle and I am from the Netherlands.

G
    1 Reply
  • @gazelle said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

My name is Gazelle and I am from the Netherlands.

I help people in our organization who work in several countries in Latin America do their job more efficiently (and more joyously!). I hope to learn about Fundraising and hope to share what I learn on the organizational level, and empower our co-workers this way.

• My name is Oreoluwa, I'm from Nigeria.
    I hope to create an organization but for now I do volunteer work for Restructure Africa, an organization here in Nigeria.
    I hope to learn the basics of fundraising, what to do and how to do it.
    I also hope to form a team with someone here.
    I have had experience fundraising for some of my colleagues on social media.

V
    1 Reply
  • Hello Learners!
    I am Victor from Nigeria, planning to take on a Non-profit project that may require fund raising for the vulnerable. I have also decided to equip myself with the right knowledge by joining this class. I am pleased to meet everyone of you.

O
    1 Reply
  • @OreoluwaFuwape said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

My name is Oreoluwa, I'm from Nigeria.
    I hope to create an organization but for now I do volunteer work for Restructure Africa, an organization here in Nigeria.
    I hope to learn the basics of fundraising, what to do and how to do it.
    I also hope to form a team with someone here.
    I have had experience fundraising for some of my colleagues on social media.

You are very much welcome Oreoluwa, glad to meet you.

• @AmirQasmi said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello everyone its Amir here .I have done Masters in Sociology and some trainings from UNICEF ,ILO,IOM,USAID.
    Senior professional specializing in program development, strategic planning and project design for complex, multi-sector rural development and economic growth programs in South Asia, including governance, civil society, conflict management, post conflict/disaster recovery, private sector/value chain development, food/livelihood security and public infrastructure.
    14 years total experience providing mid-career level services for Multinational organizations.

Great profile Sir! its a pleasure meeting you.

• @Voaali said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners!
    I am Victor from Nigeria, planning to take on a Non-profit project that may require fund raising for the vulnerable. I have also decided to equip myself with the right knowledge by joining this class. I am pleased to meet everyone of you.

Thank you Victor, you're welcome too

• @Sophia_91 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

Hello Leaners,
    My name is Sophia Nshushi, am joining Mwanza - Tanzania. I am working for Kivulini Women's Rights Organisation as a Gender trainer.I joined this course to learn more about fundraising so as i can help my organisation on fundraising strategies and i am very happy to join the team.

welcome dear, we can form a team if interested

Happy learning!

Hi, my name is Mirela Juris, and I am joining from Quito, Ecuador.

I started my own organization recently, so for now, I am slowly progressing and interested in learning everything I can about fundraising to grow my organization.

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    my goal is to learn how to run a non-profit and make connections so that I can learn from people with more experience than me.

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Yes, I love to hear about other countries and cultures and to hear what is happening in other parts of the world.

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    no, I don't.

• Happy learning!

Hi, my name is Mirela Juris and I am joining from Quito, Ecuador in South America.
    I started my own organization recently so for now my role is "do it all role" :)
    My goal for this course is to learn everything I can about fundraising and running a non-profit and also connecting with people that have more experience than me so that I can learn from them.
    I am interested in joining a team because I love to learn about other countries and cultures and hear about what is going on in other parts of the globe. It can be an enriching experience and help me see things from another perspective and find solutions.
    I don't have any experience with this course for now.

• @carrascris said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hi everyone!
    my name is Cristina Carrasquillo, and I am joining from Puerto Rico. I work for a non-profit organisation as the director of development. I hope to learn the basics of fundraising, as I am just staring to navigate the world of fundraising for the first time. I spend most of my time searching for foundations that align with our work to seek funding through grantwriting, but I really would like to learn other ways of fundraising so that we don't depend solely on foundation giving. I would like to join a team, and I hope I get advise on how to. Most of my experience is with foundation support. I am in the process of creating a crowdfunding campaign, but have heard that, before soliciting for money, I need to be aware the law and tax requirements of the state from which we get the donations. I am stuck with that question. Also, it doesn't say the time of the course. Can someone let me know so I can arrange my schedule? Thank you and I'm looking forward to learning from you all.

Hi, nice to hear there is somebody from Latin America taking the course :)

• Hi, my name is Mirela Juris and I am joining from Quito, Ecuador in South America.
    I started my own organization recently so for now my role is "do it all role" :)
    My goal for this course is to learn everything I can about fundraising and running a non-profit and also connecting with people that have more experience than me so that I can learn from them.
    I am interested in joining a team because I love to learn about other countries and cultures and hear about what is going on in other parts of the globe. It can be an enriching experience and help me see things from another perspective and find solutions.
    I don't have any experience with this course for now.

• @VDAnna said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hey everyone!
    My name is Veronika and I am joining you from Denmark, though I am half-Italian and half-Austrian.
    I am currently unemployed, having graduated in December. Since then, I have been focusing on improving my Danish and have been looking for an internship or entry-level position in NGOs based in Copenhagen.
    I have worked in communications before and am enrolling in this course, because I would like to improve my fundraising skills and understanding of outreach strategies.
    I prefer to work independently, because I probably have very different schedules depending on the week.

I see many of you have positions in NGOs and other initiatives, and so many of you are self-starters! That's truly inspiring!
    I myself have worked with international NGOs like Amnesty International and also worked one year with the UN in the Philippines.

I look forward to learning with you and hope that this course will help me develop new skills to improve my chances of finding a job.
    Cheers,
    Veronika

Hi! my name is Mirela, I am a quarter italian and a quarter austrian! how fun! also a quarter german and a quarter ecuadorian. I currently live in Quito, Ecuador. Nice to hear from you and lets learn together!

• I am Dennis from Kenya. I am currently not working for any organisation.I want to know the basis of fundraising in mobilizing funds and learn more.

• Hello, my name is Ricardo Andujar, i'm from Dominican Republic.

I'm a volunteer leading a non profit organization making the world a better place.

i'm here to learn all i can about fundraising to improve the impact our organization can make in our country, we have a lot of people who work with pasion and more people to help and make our society better.

I have a local experience on fundraising but the goal its make bigger proyects to get more impact.

Hi everyone! My name is Edo, and I'm from Indonesia.
    I want to start a non-profit health organization to provide standardized health care and social empowerment to underprivileged people in rural areas.
    Since I'm just getting started, I think I need to learn basic knowledge and skills of fundraising to kickstart my organization.
    I'm ready to be part of a team, but I prefer to form a team with people from the same country or with the same interest.

N
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Aurelie. l come from France but l am currently living in Japan. l work for an international university in student recruitment. l have an interest in this course as l will be dealing with fundraising for my next job - administration and management in a research institute. l have no prior knowledge nor experience in fundraising and l hope to develop new skills and get a good understanding to be able to strive in this upcoming new chapter.
    Thank you!
    Best Wishes to All!

A
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

I am Ali Abubakar from Nigeria,I am not working for an organization rather wants to form one,my plans is to acquire knowledge on how to raise fund to be able to reach at internally displaced persons in an insurgents area especially where I stay like Borno and yobe state of Nigeria. I don't have any experience related to this course

N
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Framunga said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@OYOM said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello everyone,
    I am by name Dominic Oyom Luchano Achaha and i am joining from Juba, South Sudan.
    I am the Director of Organization for National Charity and Empowerment (ONCE)
    My main objective is to involve fully in the training and gain sufficient knowledge and skills on how to mobilize funds.
    I am more interested like yesterday; indeed a team who brainstorm and learn together always come out with positive results.
    Fund raising begins with the individual or members contribution in the organization apart from the contribution from government offices, companies and other private sectors through writing to them a formal request with a proper proposal attached therein. On the same, much or part of contribution might come from other big non-governmental organization through proposal writing. These are the few i can present and thanks.

lets have great time together as we study

@KelechiIhejiaba @Framunga @oyom Thank you for your introduction. Indeed, it is a good idea for three of you to form a team and learn from each others. It is even greater if you work together as a team as well in other fundraising courses such as Fundraising: connecting with donors: https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:PhilanthropyU+Fundraising_201+1_1.0_20180423_20180520/about and Fundraising strategies: https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:PhilanthropyU+Fundraising_301+1_1.0_20180423_20180527/about

• Course Facilitator

@Alibabu said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

I am Ali Abubakar from Nigeria,I am not working for an organization rather wants to form one,my plans is to acquire knowledge on how to raise fund to be able to reach at internally displaced persons in an insurgents area especially where I stay like Borno and yobe state of Nigeria. I don't have any experience related to this course

@Alibabu Starting your own organization is a good reason to take this course, which is very fundamental in fundraising and requires no previous knowledge on the subject. Please enroll in other 2 fundraising courses in the platform. They will surely help kickstart your organization.

• Hello Everyone!

My name is Amina Babirye, i am joining from Uganda (east Africa). I was born in Uganda but i grew up in London from age 3, after University I relocated back to Uganda.

I am the founder and CEO of The Health Academy: a health education outreach program that delivers educational experiences about health and well being. We are mainly focused of underprivileged communities, slum areas, rural villages and up country communities etc. I presented a TedTalk about my work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMSK4NC_fzo

My goal for this course is to learn the key aspects of fundraising to help grow my organisation to the next level. I started this organisation less than a year ago but I believe it has a lot of potential to help the whole African region.

YES I am super interested in meeting people and working in a team to help complete this and the other courses I plan on taking.

Looking forward to meeting some amazing people.

Happy Learning and Kind Regards

• Course Facilitator

@dothamrin said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hi everyone! My name is Edo, and I'm from Indonesia.
    I want to start a non-profit health organization to provide standardized health care and social empowerment to underprivileged people in rural areas.
    Since I'm just getting started, I think I need to learn basic knowledge and skills of fundraising to kickstart my organization.
    I'm ready to be part of a team, but I prefer to form a team with people from the same country or with the same interest.

@dothamrin Great to hear your ambition. Please take a look at the learners' list: https://community.philanthropyu.org/participants/512/introduction-20to-20fundraising-philanthropyu-fundraising_101-8_1-22_20190520_20190609 Does any name sound like Indonesian to you. You may find like-minded classmates not only for this course, but perhaps, in your real endeavor in setting up the nonprofit. Meanwhile, you can start a team first and let the others join you.

• @Aurelie said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Aurelie. l come from France but l am currently living in Japan. l work for an international university in student recruitment. l have an interest in this course as l will be dealing with fundraising for my next job - administration and management in a research institute. l have no prior knowledge nor experience in fundraising and l hope to develop new skills and get a good understanding to be able to strive in this upcoming new chapter.
    Thank you!
    Best Wishes to All!

Hello Aurelie. WOW france to Japan that must be such a culture shock. I would love to see Japan one day myself. I hope you gain the skills to help you in your new role and i look forward to further communication with you. Wishing you the best. A.B

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello beautiful people,
    I'm Mohamed Karim Bah from Sierra Leone, Freetown.

I'm currently working for the N.Y.V (National youth voices ) SL as a volunteer serving as the human resource manager.

My goals are to make sure I grab and understand every concept I encounter here about fundraising, reach the highest, practices them and allow them to be part of my skills.
    Basically I will use whatever knowledge I gain here to sensitize or enlighten fellow workers about fundraising, help structure strategic plans and help connect with donors.

I didn't intend to join or form a team but knowing that teams enable learners to become successful in meeting their learning objectives yeah it makes me wanna join (yes)

No

• Course Facilitator

@lmafrica18 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,
    I am Enock Nkulanga based in Uganda for now. I am the National Director for African Children's Mission www.africanchildrensmission.org and also the founder of LeadMinds Africa. I am looking to learning with you all. This course is going to boost my understanding in the area of fundraising since I am in the Non-profit field and we rely so much on fundraising.
    This is not my first time on this platform. I have taken a course before by Dr. Tom Wolf which is focused on ''connecting with Donors''. After the course, i bought all the books written by the instructor and from that day, I have been directly involved in fundraising for the NGO i work for. I have tremendously improved in the ''how'' of telling our story to prospects and donors. Recently in July of 2018, Barack Obama recognized the work we do in East Africa during the Mandela Lecture and it is continuing to be an inspiring journey. I am here again to learn more and be equipped for other greater tasks ahead.
    Much respect to all the people who value learning. It is the best we can do for ourselves!

Hello everyone, I am Enock Nkulanga from Uganda. I founded LeadMinds Africa, a non-profit organization whose mission is to develop the next generation of accountable leaders on the African Continent. I also work full time for African Children's Mission

@lmafrica18 Your sharing on work in ACM and LeadMinds Africa is amazing. Please kindly share more of your practical fundraising experience with other fellow learners. And we have one more course called fundraising startegies. Have you taken that as well?

K
    1 Reply
  • @Nelson said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@lmafrica18 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,
    I am Enock Nkulanga based in Uganda for now. I am the National Director for African Children's Mission www.africanchildrensmission.org and also the founder of LeadMinds Africa. I am looking to learning with you all. This course is going to boost my understanding in the area of fundraising since I am in the Non-profit field and we rely so much on fundraising.
    This is not my first time on this platform. I have taken a course before by Dr. Tom Wolf which is focused on ''connecting with Donors''. After the course, i bought all the books written by the instructor and from that day, I have been directly involved in fundraising for the NGO i work for. I have tremendously improved in the ''how'' of telling our story to prospects and donors. Recently in July of 2018, Barack Obama recognized the work we do in East Africa during the Mandela Lecture and it is continuing to be an inspiring journey. I am here again to learn more and be equipped for other greater tasks ahead.
    Much respect to all the people who value learning. It is the best we can do for ourselves!

Hello everyone, I am Enock Nkulanga from Uganda. I founded LeadMinds Africa, a non-profit organization whose mission is to develop the next generation of accountable leaders on the African Continent. I also work full time for African Children's Mission

@lmafrica18 Your sharing on work in ACM and LeadMinds Africa is amazing. Please kindly share more of your practical fundraising experience with other fellow learners. And we have one more course called fundraising startegies. Have you taken that as well?

@Enock Your welcome. How does it feels like to come back and seek more knowledge? How did you program yourself on the previous course and what would be your advice to us freshmen?

• Hello all,
    My name is Randy and I'm joining you from Indonesia
    I am currently not working, but I am interested in non-profit work. I am determined to help provide advocacy to the world's poor and would be happy to learn from those of you who are more experienced in the field.
    I would like to learn more of fundraising, especially on how to engage donors.
    Joining a team would be great.
    I have previously volunteered for an NGO where I was also involved in fundraising. I know that finding sponsor is one thing, but keeping them motivated to sponsor the organisation is just as important.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi everyone,
    My name is manik agarwal & i am from india.

No, i am not working.
    But, i want to start a new organization. For that i want funds to row more.

Yes, i want to join team.
    No, dont have any experience.

• 1.My Name is Saja, joining from Jordan

1. Yes. I am a project engineer as well as a Business Development coordinator
    2. I am hoping to gain more knowledge as I am responsible for getting funds for the organization
    3. yes interested, however my team cannot join
      5.no experience
  • Hello guys, my name is Oladele Christiana Abosede and I'm from Lagos, Nigeria.
    I am an Entrepreneur, a Director in Christeey Stores here in Lagos.
    I am very passionate about Volunteering services, empowerment to the disadvantaged, Humanitarian service also am a member of The Nigerian Red-cross Society. Therefore my goal is to acquire and Equip myself both physically and mentally,
    with adequate information that I will share with my counterparts, in an effort to understand the processes of seeking funds
    and how to run an NPO.
    I am a team player, as I believe that team work can bring out diverse ideas and solutions to simplify problems.
    No experience at all, just general knowledge.
    my slogan is, "Service to humanity the best work of life"

B
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello everyone, my name is Gabriel Benneth i am joining from Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
    I am the Programme Manager of Support Initiative for Sustainable Development . So excited to be part of the course to build my capacity in the area of fundraising which is a fundamental aspect for Non- profit organisation like my that is doing so much in rural communities in my country, i believe this course will help me contribute to my organisation.

• What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    My name is Bahar, I am currently residing in Switzerland

I am the managing director of Hildreth Institute, a non-profit seeking to pull the curtain back on the unsustainable higher education system in America – the direct result of a flawed financial aid system.

As a young organization, we are expanding, looking to hire a development professional. This is why I would like to lean more about fundraising, which I believe will help me better identify what the organization needs and what kind of candidates will be the best fit for us.

Not particularly, but I am not oppose to it either.

I have experience in researching fundraising opportunities and writing grants.

• @call4bidel said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello guys, my name is Oladele Christiana Abosede and I'm from Lagos, Nigeria.
    I am very passionate about Volunteering services, empowerment to the disadvantaged, Humanitarian service also am a member of The Nigerian Red-cross Society. Therefore my goal is to acquire and Equip myself both physically and mentally,
    with adequate information that I will share with my counterparts, in an effort to understand the processes of seeking funds
    and how to run an NPO.
    I am a team player, as I believe that team work can bring out diverse ideas and solutions to simplify problems.

Welcome to the course and thank you for this dynamic answer!
    I have just joined the course as well, and it is the first time I am ever taking an online course, exciting!

1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name is Solomon Adedayo, joining from Nigeria.
    Yes, my role is Consultant Manager
    My goals for this course is to help my organization become better and help the organization to Impact the community
    Yes
    I don't really have experience related to this course.
    Thanks

• Hello Everyone

I am Lesley and I am joining you from Kent, United Kingdom. I am both an ex-professional fundraiser, volunteer fundraiser and researcher of fundraisers. I have worked for large and small charities both in the UK and South Africa. And I currently am the fundraising trustee of a small organisation that works with providing post-school education for young people who have grown up in orphanages in Liberia.

I have joined this course, as a means to understand what fundraising training is available and how it prepares potential fundraisers (whether they be full-time professional or the fundraising is just part of their job or volunteer roles) for the task, as well as what it's like being a fundraiser. In this way I hope to produce research that will help fundraisers and the charitable, NGO sector be more effective.

So I feel like a bot of an interloper, but hope I will be welcome and will be able to contribute meaningful. I am sure I will learn a lot!

• Hello everyone! My name is Ehigiator Precious. I am joining from Nigeria. I am taking this course so as to learn what fund raising entails and how to apply what I will learn from this course to my discipline.

• My name is Camron Phillips and I’m reside in Virginia, USA. I am a Grant Writer and I am currently on staff as the Funds Development Manager for a non-profit organization (NPO) called Veteran’s Home Front. My goal for this course is to refresh my knowledge on the basics of fundraising and create a 12 month funding development plan for the organization. I’m very interested in joining a team for this course. I have some experience through fundraising within churches and some small business, but nothing more than $30K. I started small with car washes and bake sales then to ticket sales for business parties and now we are routinely colleting crowd funding through Facebook.

I am also a devout and loving Christian, husband to a beautiful Queen, father to a Warrior Princess and a goofy owner to a 5 month-old Weimaraner puppy. I'm currently serving in the Armed Forces and have been for 13 years and my trade is Administration. Aside from the military, I own my own business called Kingdom Grant Writing & NPO Consulting. I love to learn and teach and serve within my community. I enjoy hopping around to local coffee shops, chilling on beaches, golfing, snowboarding, swimming and I volunteer as a Search and Rescue Swimmer in the military. Ask me about anything and I'll be sure to respond if you'd like to know more about me!

• @Lesj said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Lesley

Greetings Lesley! Welcome to the class. Have you had much work dealing with NGOs or NPOs?

L
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone, I am Noela Lyonga joining from Cameroon. I work with the Noela Lyonga Foundation as the Chief Executive Officer. I hope to learn more about fund raising to be able to raise funds to submit our community projects. I am interested in joining a team for this course. I have raised some minor funds from some personal contacts to support our activities but I don’t think I have any expertise. It will be great to go through this with you all.

• @Bakman said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@call4bidel said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello guys, my name is Oladele Christiana Abosede and I'm from Lagos, Nigeria.
    and how to run an NPO.

Welcome to the course and thank you for this dynamic answer!
    I have just joined the course as well, and it is the first time I am ever taking an online course, exciting!

Greetings Oladele! Welcome to the course! I currently assist non profit organizations in the United States, but I have an opportunity to help out a NGO in the near future so I'm hoping to hear more about both fundraising for NPOs and NGOs throughout this course.

• @CamronP said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@Lesj said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Lesley

Greetings Lesley! Welcome to the class. Have you had much work dealing with NGOs or NPOs?

Hi Cameron - yes, I have worked with NGO's and NPO's for well over 20 years - this has included local NGO's working in South Africa & Liberia, international development organisations here in the UK, and a range of NPO's ranging from huge heritage organisations to small social welfare organisations here in the UK.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello, my public name is mygeoda. I am joining from Spain.

1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

Yes, I work as a volunteer in an association that helps people affected by stroke and their families for about a year. The association's territory of action is the community of Madrid where there are more than 11000 cases of stroke each year. I am a member of the Board of Directors

1. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
      The association applies for grants and scholarships but does not have a structured fundraising plan. The course will help me formulate a plan. In addition, I wish to contribute professionally to the development of a third sector organization. The course will help me to transition from the private sector where I am currently working to the third sector. The areas I am interested in are: health, international cooperation, sustainability, literacy, human rights.
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      The association works exclusively with volunteers. I haven't been able to form a team with the other volunteers for time and language reasons but I would like to join one.
      I have experience in contributing to the applications for grants with the association. I am have experience in sales and communication which has proved to be useful in those projects.

Hello, my name is mygeoda. I am joining from Spain.

1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

Yes, I work as a volunteer in an association that helps people affected by stroke and their families for about a year. The association's territory of action is the community of Madrid where there are more than 11000 cases of stroke each year. I am a member of the Board of Directors

The association applies for grants and scholarships but does not have a structured fundraising plan. The course will help me formulate a plan. In addition, I wish to contribute professionally to the development of a third sector organization. The course will help me to transition from the private sector where I am currently working to the third sector. The areas I am interested in are: health, international cooperation, sustainability, literacy, human rights.

1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      The association works exclusively with volunteers. I haven't been able to form a team with the other volunteers for time and language reasons but I would like to join one.

2. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      I have experience in contributing to the applications for grants with the association. I am have experience in sales and communication which has proved to be useful in those projects.

• @Akina said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello, I am Akina Lee from Hong Kong. I am a banker in private banking division. I wish to set up a charity fund for animals. Learning fundraising is an essential step towards my goal. I love to join a team for this course if possible.

Nice to know you Akina! I'm Quan from Vietnam, working in communication and also digital product management. I am planning to build new product/platform that promotes charity culture in Vietnam as well as in Asia. Looking forward to work with you, let's form a team together if possible.

• Hello, my name is Quan, I am joining from Vietnam. Nice to meet all of you!

Currently I work in advertising and also product management. I wish to build sustainable charity platform that leverage new tech and trends. Learning basic knowledge about fundraising is the important first step.

I love to join a team to work together and share knowledge together since I have not experience in this field.

• @Emmaviet19 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hi everyone, my name is Ndi Emmanuel and l am joining from Lincoln, Nebraska.
    I am the Chief Engagement Officer of a local community based group here in Lincoln. My goal is to gain skills that could help my group to raise funds for their programs and projects.
    I don't have have any experience in this field but l have read about persuasion.

Hi everyone, my name is Md. Bulbul Islam and l am joining from Dhaka, Bangladesh.
    I am the Project Officer at BRAC University in Bangladesh. My goal is to gain skills that could help my Organization to raise funds for their programs and projects.
    I don't have have any experience in this field but l have read about persuasion.

• My Name is Olutuase Promise, I'm from Nigeria. I stay in Ibadan. I'm here basically to learn. I don't currently work for any organisation

• Hi everyone I am zulaikha from Nigeria,a student not working with any organization but interested in working with an Non Governmental organization. I enrolled for the course to acquire knowledge on fund raising.
    I will appreciate working with a team to share ideas and learn from experienced members.

• Hello, my names are Isaac Soita from Passion of Hope Intl-Kenya the organization founded just recently. I am interested in joining the team in order to learn and acquire skills and knowledge on how to fund raise. I believe being in a team is a pre-requisite to the successful completion of the course as well as learning from team members' experiences. I am a team player and would be grateful to join this team.
    Thank you
    Isaac

• Halo, my name is Nyam I Maryann, I currently serve as a corps'member in Nigeria, Serving in a university in Nasarawa state, I enrolled in this course because I want to learn how to raise funds for my organisation. I know it will help me in my organisation, and no I haven't done such course before.

• Reshu from India

• I wanted to enroll this course because I wanted to have knowledge about fundraising, which will help my organisation in future.

E
    1 Reply
  • Hello colleagues, my name is shubham and I am from India.
    Currently I am not part of any organizations as I am a fresher and about to take admission in MBA finance.
    I am planning to be an entrepreneur and so I want to learn about fund raising and improve my skills.
    Participating in team increases the chance of enhancing leadership qualities, decisions making and overall development of yourselfs. So I would like to take be a team player.
    I have no knowledge about this topic yet but keen to gain knowledge in this field.

• Hi could learner's, I am Tomi from Abuja Nigeria. Its great to be on this platform gaining new experiences and expertise. I wish us a sound impaction as we learn together.

• Course Facilitator
  • My Name is IROH EMMANUEL
    I work for the National Centre for Technology Management
    I live in Nigeria
    I am an Assistant Chief Planning Officer
    My expectations are to understand all strategies employed to raise funds for programmes and projects
    I am indeed interested in joining a more reliable team for effective studies

N
    P
    2 Replies
  • Halo, my name is Nyam I Maryann, am a serving corps'member in Nigeria Serving in a university, I enrolled in this course because I will like to acquire the skills in fundraising to help my community, I have no experience in this course and I do hope to learn and be able to help my community.

• @Emadora said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

My Name is IROH EMMANUEL
    I live in Nigeria
    My expectations are to understand all strategies employed to raise funds for programmes and projects

Nice to meet you, hope we achieve our objectives

P
    1 Reply
  • Hi guys, I am Joseph Maingi from Kenya. I though it cool for me to join this course so that I can improve on my skills. I don't work with any organization yet. I freelance my services because finding a job here in Kenya is not an easy thing. I think I wanna form a team with brilliant minds here. Let's learn!

• Hello.
    My name is Mohamed Alpha and I am Sierra Leonean Based in Sierra Leone, West Africa.
    I am currently working for an Irish INGO called Trocaire and I am the Technical Adviser for Sustainable Livelihoods and NRM.
    My goal for attending this course is to acquire the requisite skills and techniques in raising funds for my organization from different funding agencies.

I am highly interested in joining a team if there is one. Unfortunate in my office, most of the team members are extremely busy with field work or have such experience, and hence it would be very difficult to form a team within.
    I have limited experience in this area.

• Who wants to form a team with me? Just one or two brains will be enough!

P
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone my name is Hilda Iyua'aa and I am joining from Makurdi, in Nigeria.
    I am working for a Non profit organization-Ocean of Love Foundation as the ED/CEO.
    My goals for this course are to gain better knowledge on raising funds as well as managing the funds effectively to achieve it's purpose in the Organization.
    I would definitely like toto work in a team that's available.
    I've always understood that when it comes to fund raising, the donors must be given a clear slate of your aim for the funds you are soliciting and to ensure they are actually used for that purpose. That way they will be happy to do more. Happy learning everyone

• @JayM said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Who wants to form a team with me? Just one or two brains will be enough!

@JayM Am right here

• Course Facilitator

Hello all!
    I am Paul Danjuma Musa Ambi from Nigeria.
    I work as volunteer in my country.
    I am one of the Course Ambassadors work hand-in-hand with @Nelson, @Course_Operations and the entire Philanthropy University team to see you succeed in achieving all you are inspired and aspired to attain on this course; Introduction to Fundraising.

As a tree doesn't make a forest..., as two good heads are better than one.., as iron sharpens iron..., and as two can't work together until they agree... we encourage you to imbibe teamwork spirit by utilising the tool via https://community.philanthropyu.org/discussions/topic/3188/take-introduction-to-fundraising-with-a-team-how-to-form-a-team and form a team to work with.

**** In achieving that, we indulge you to use the appropriate link already created for us above to attain this course seamlessly.

**** Those who already have formed a team, should drop their teams links for others to join via the link above.

**** Those without teams can also indicate through the link so we can refer you to one OK.

The link again https://community.philanthropyu.org/discussions/topic/3188/take-introduction-to-fundraising-with-a-team-how-to-form-a-team.

Note: kindly visit the link https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:PhilanthropyU+Fundraising_101+8_1.22_20190520_20190609/discussion/nodebb/
    For All Topics of discussions and drop your relevant view regarding the course....

Thank you all!!

We are all welcomed again!!!

Wishing you a happy learning times!!!!

• Hi Elias,

Nice to meet you !

Regards,

Michèle

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi everyone, hope you are doing well.
    I am Rami ABDEL MAJID from Beirut, Lebanon.
    I am a Structural/Civil Engineer seeking to rise my knowledge in the Business Field in general.
    I am taking this course to learn the concept of Fundraising hoping to use it and benefit from it in the future.
    of course i am interested in joining a team and share our knowledge and to make the course more interesting.

F
    1 Reply
  • @8630966 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

I wanted to enroll this course because I wanted to have knowledge about fundraising, which will help my organisation in future.

Best of luck bro, you are welcome!

• @Deepak_Padhi said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@navyaagarwal said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hii
    My name is Navya
    I am from Delhi , India
    Currently I am doing my last year in school
    And I am taking this course to develop a new skill

Hi Navya, its Deepak form Mumbai. Happy to see a fellow Indian on these platform.

Hi
    My name is Alberto
    I´m from Luanda, Angola
    I work in a organization that work with developing communities
    By now we stop, because need to get new skills on this matter

• Hello everyone,
    I am Koech Ambrose joining from Nairobi Kenya.
    My main aim is to acquire more skills in sourcing for funds so as to assist the less privileged in the society.
    I do value team work since it enables to learn more from other members and also share my experience with others.

• Course Facilitator

@Emadora said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

My Name is IROH EMMANUEL
    I live in Nigeria

@Emadora, we @PhilanthropyUniversity are pleased to have you study under us. You can see teams formed already by continents and subsequent countries as well subject matters and join via https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:PhilanthropyU+Fundraising_101+8_1.22_20190520_20190609/teams/

Can also drop your USER ID via the link below for subsequent linkage to already formed team https://community.philanthropyu.org/discussions/topic/3188/take-introduction-to-fundraising-with-a-team-how-to-form-a-team

Can still be checking and follow up timely on that via the same link.

Wishing you happy learning moment with us!!!

• Course Facilitator

@Nyam said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@Emadora said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

My Name is IROH EMMANUEL
    I live in Nigeria

Nice to meet you, hope we achieve our objectives

We @PhilanthropyUniversity are pleased to have you study under us. You can see teams formed already by continents and subsequent countries as well subject matters and join via https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:PhilanthropyU+Fundraising_101+8_1.22_20190520_20190609/teams/

Can also drop your USER ID via the link below for subsequent linkage to already formed team https://community.philanthropyu.org/discussions/topic/3188/take-introduction-to-fundraising-with-a-team-how-to-form-a-team

Can still be checking and follow up timely on that via the same link.

• Course Facilitator

@malpha, @PSTHIL, @KOECH40, @ENG_RAMI, @KOECH40, we @PhilanthropyUniversity are pleased to have you study under us. You can see teams formed already by continents and subsequent countries as well subject matters and join via https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:PhilanthropyU+Fundraising_101+8_1.22_20190520_20190609/teams/

Can still be checking and follow up timely on that via the same link or
    Can intimate @nelson or me @pauldanson further when faced with challenges OK.

• i am Festus from Lagos Nigeria. i work currently wth a private firm as a planner. i hope to work in this direction for an NGO in the nearest future

F
    1 Reply
  • Hello guys,
    My name is Oluwafemi from Nigeria. Presently working on my own but will be on my first mission with MSF soon as a Field Administrator. I intend to learn more about Fundraising in order to apply in the nearest future to my role at MSF. I have already joined a team of scholars from Kenya and I hope to learn more from them. I have very little experience in Fundraising and I hope this course will enlighten me on the subject.
    Thank you!

• @Maytin said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

i am Festus from Lagos Nigeria. i work currently wth a private firm as a planner. i hope to work in this direction for an NGO in the nearest future

Welcome Festus!

• Hi everyone! I'm Katy Capriles from Dominican Republic 🇩🇴
    I doing this course to help other with special needs in my country.
    I'm doing labor work by my own for several years but I want to develop
    a mayor impact. Follow my account on IG @dechinenchin (which is an expression in my country like "little by little")

• @Eng_Rami said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi everyone, hope you are doing well.
    I am Rami ABDEL MAJID from Beirut, Lebanon.
    I am a Structural/Civil Engineer seeking to rise my knowledge in the Business Field in general.
    I am taking this course to learn the concept of Fundraising hoping to use it and benefit from it in the future.
    of course i am interested in joining a team and share our knowledge and to make the course more interesting.

Welcome Rami!

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.