Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Risks and assumptions are unforeseeable conditions that might affect a project during it implementation. That's why risks and assumptions are take into account into the logical framework. In order to find out risks and assumptions, one can look at past events, through survey among beneficiaries
    or past activities of the organization that are similar to the project activities. Identify risks and assumptions allow to plan the project adequately

• Indeed it is vital to identify the things that would hurt the progress of the project before the project begins. That way, you are able to make decisions in advance on what to do if that particular risk occurs.

• This module was a good refresher on both monitoring and planning a project. It demonstrates the importance of planning a project in conjunction with planning monitoring, including factoring in risks and assumptions into project design. This module will help me in my own job as I work to both plan and monitor new and existing projects.

• This module was a good refresher on both monitoring and planning a project. It demonstrates the importance of planning a project in conjunction with planning monitoring, including factoring in risks and assumptions into project design. This module will help me in my own job as I work to both plan and monitor new and existing projects.

Some examples of risks and assumptions I have encountered in my own experience include assumed scope of work and funding required for one of the projects I manage - both of which were inaccurate at the outset. This caused major implementation and monitoring challenges during the scope of the project. Another key assumption with this project was the idea that it had been running effectively and efficiently in the past; the issue was that there was no monitoring of the project in the past, which makes it impossible to know whether it was meeting its goals or operating effectively or efficiently.

Overall this unit provided extremely helpful in terms of clarifying risks and assumptions.

Some examples of risks and assumptions I have encountered in my own experience include assumed scope of work and funding required for one of the projects I manage - both of which were inaccurate at the outset. This caused major implementation and monitoring challenges during the scope of the project. Another key assumption with this project was the idea that it had been running effectively and efficiently in the past; the issue was that there was no monitoring of the project in the past, which makes it impossible to know whether it was meeting its goals or operating effectively or efficiently.

Overall this unit provided extremely helpful in terms of clarifying risks and assumptions.

As far as targets go, during my most recent project I learned about the importance of having good baseline

As far as targets go, during my most recent project I learned about the importance of having good baseline and good indicators; we went into the project without reliable baseline data, which made it difficult to develop good indicators and good targets. We are just now getting to the point where this is feasible.

• What if mom’s childhood friends cannot travel to town?

What if mom does not want to see her childhood friends?

What if mom hates surprises?

What if mom would prefer a small party?

• What if mom’s childhood friends cannot travel to town?

What if mom does not want to see her childhood friends?

What if mom hates surprises?

What if mom would prefer a small party?

• Risks are things or factors beyond the control of the researcher which may have negative effect on the implementation of the project. For instance, political instability or insecurity may affect implementation of the project or weather can affect the production of crop. On assumptions, One could assume that more money to purchase irrigation facility can reduce effect of weather on plant.

• Risks are things are out your control that can affect your project negatively.
    Assumptions are beliefs without evidence that can affect your project

• What are the necessary tools for an M&E

• Any project or program's implementation phase must include monitoring and evaluation (M&E). An M&E plan must take into account all potential risks and underlying assumptions in order to be successful. Risks in M&E can take many different forms, such as imprecise data, a lack of resources, poor personnel training, and external variables like political unrest or natural disasters. It's critical to anticipate these hazards and create mitigation plans for them. Inaccurate data, distorted outcomes, and ultimately bad decision-making can be the outcome of failing to accomplish this.

Any M&E strategy must include assumptions as well. They are opinions or theories that aren't always supported by facts, but instead rely on presumptions made by the project team. These assumptions must be understood and recorded since they may affect how well the M&E strategy works. The team may create a more thorough M&E strategy that will assist assure the success of the project or program by comprehending the assumptions established throughout the planning phase. The M&E plan can also be kept current during the execution of a project or program by routinely examining and revising these hypotheses.

• This enable me to have the knowledge on how to come up with aproject, decide on the goals and the objectives, initiate it and develope monitoring and evaluation plan which will greatly help to measure the progress of the project to its completion and

• risk is defined as an uncertain threat that, in case of occurring, could have a negative impact in the completion of the Goal or Activity. An assumption, on the other side, is the necessary condition that will enable the successful completion of the Goal or Activity.

The 4 essential steps of the Risk Management Process are:
    Identify the risk.
    Assess the risk.
    Treat the risk.
    Monitor and Report on the risk.

• risk is defined as an uncertain threat that, in case of occurring, could have a negative impact in the completion of the Goal or Activity. An assumption, on the other side, is the necessary condition that will enable the successful completion of the Goal or Activity.

The 4 essential steps of the Risk Management Process are:
    Identify the risk.
    Assess the risk.
    Treat the risk.
    Monitor and Report on the risk.

• it is important to identify risks and assumptions ahead of time and during the planning phase itself

• What happens with the unexpected risks and assumptions?
    The unexpected risks and assumptions helps the stakeholders to be aware of the risks that might happen therefore making necessary adjustments.

• The logframe for Good Girl: Game On! will be:
    The Input:
    Social media contents & online events
    The Risk & Assumption
    The target audience does not have enough mobile data to access our social media contents or online events
    The Output:
    Girls learn from our contents.
    The Risk & Assumption
    The girls are not interested by our contents, or
    our contents are read by wrong people (not our target audience)
    The Outcome:
    Girls practice what they learn from our social media contents
    The Risk & Assumption
    They don’t have any support to do it
    The Impact:
    Safe space for all
    The Risk & Assumption
    There are still toxic people joining the community, or
    There are new people who join who doesn’t understand how our safe community works because they haven’t been exposed to our social media contents

The Input:
    The Risk & Assumption
    The target audience does not have enough mobile data to access our social media contents or online events
    The Output:
    The Risk & Assumption
    The Outcome:
    The Risk & Assumption
    The Impact:
    Safe space for all
    The Risk & Assumption
    There are new people who join who doesn’t understand how our safe community works because they haven’t been exposed to our social media contents

• The logframe for Good Girl: Game On! will be:]

The Input:
    The Risk & Assumption
    The Output:
    The Risk & Assumption
    The Outcome:
    The Risk & Assumption
    The Impact:
    Safe space for all
    The Risk & Assumption

The Input:
    The Risk & Assumption
    The Output:
    The Risk & Assumption
    The Outcome:
    The Risk & Assumption
    The Impact:
    Safe space for all
    The Risk & Assumption

The Input:

The Risk & Assumption:

The Output:

The Risk & Assumption:

The Outcome:

The Risk & Assumption:

The Impact:
    Safe space for all

The Risk & Assumption

• Identifying risks and assumption can be a game changer as it provides for clarity in assessing roadmap for a project's impact

• Identifying risks and assumption can be a game changer as it provides for clarity in assessing roadmap for a project's impact

• There are many risks that any project, work, or any volunteer, team, or employee may be exposed to, including logistics, security, climate, the culture of a particular social environment, conflict areas, or economic deterioration, and the examples go on..., the most important thing is persistence, determination, and faith. And self-confidence, honesty, follow-up, and perseverance in what is right to do in everything related to humanitarian work.

• Risks and assumptions are external factors over which the project has little control, but which may impact project activities and results.

• Est ce que nous pouvons effectuer des entretiens avec les bénéficiaire pendant la conception du projet pour mesurer les risques et vérifier les hypothèses?

• Risks and assumptions of a log frame lists all the things that could go wrong and disrupt your plan. for each level of your log frame you should ask yourself what could go wrong and prevent you from providing your input.
    You have to identify any risks and assumptions from your investors or donors and do your own research too, and know how to work around them or come up with foreseen solutions that if anything happens you were prepared for it.

• The risks and assumptions column in the logical framework will help to plan for unforeseen or possible circumstances that may hinder the project. It will also help to identify the circumstances that played out during the implementation of the project which may have led to a positive or negative impact. It is always important to plan for the risks and assumptions which can be said as looking at the two sides of situations: positive and negative.

• Risks and Assumptions is a logical way to identify and prepare for un-forseen circumstances.

• It is also good to consider any assumptions and biases as they also impact

• Here's an example of risks and assumptions for MEH’s outcomes for my project, by combining the outcomes with the outputs in an if/then statement:

If child welfare hotline workers receive implicit bias training, then there would be a decrease in the number of African American families that get dispatched for a child welfare investigation.

Some of the any things outside of MEH’s control that might keep child welfare hotline workers from considering racial equity lens on an incoming African American referral is if they did not agree with the Implicit Bias training, and did not benefit from the training.

• I haven't thought about risk and assumptions for my project yet.

• Risks help us be prepared since we can foresee issues that might go wrong. Assumptions lets us hope everything goes well although in most cases it doesn't.

• discussion Risk Assumptions

• It is important for the project team to continually assess and manage risks, validate the assumptions, and adjust strategies as needed to ensure the successful implementation and desired outcomes

• Risk are those things outside of your control that might disrupt your plan. Risk are those things that where unseen and can destroy the project.
    Assumption are your biases, they are thing we believe without evudence

• dealing with risks is a crucial case in project managment and in the logfram we are preparing. It helps us to avoid being sure often about our theoritical plans and prepars us for the worst.

S
    1 Reply
  • Thank for the knowledge

• You can understand events and conditions that are unforeseeable.

• Risks and assumption generally are the aspect of our project that we can't control in other to ensure our desired outcomes and impact is reached.
    However, we can minimize these by first of all thinking about them, brainstorming on possible solutions, for example including additional inputs such as putting in their disposal expert and counselors who will do follow-ups throughout the project lifecycle to ensure the expected outcome and impact is attain for the case of MEH.
    Notwithstanding, other risks and assumptions beyond our knowledge might appear has we constantly look for solutions to make sure impact is attained.

• Risks are some of the factors outside the control of the experts that may affect the project negatively. It may hinder the project from achieving its output, outcome, or impact. These risks are seen based on certain assumptions that we make in the course of the implementation of the project. They may include our biasness at times.

S
    1 Reply
  • Risks is part of project implementation. We can not be sure that everything will happen as planned, estimated. And so, we need to foresee the risks that would occur during the implementation. If could think of risks and assumption, if it all it occurs, then we will be able to resolve, overcome those with creative, meaningful strategies which would not affect the impact of the project. In some cases, some risks are unavoidable and acceptable.

• Sure, Risks are out of our control. But if we are able to foresee at the certain level, we will be able to manage when it occurs. So proper and clear planning is important to prepare risks and assumption that would affect the project impact.

• Yes, it helps us to handle the worst case. It can be planned with the core program directors/ managers. Risks may or may not occur. But we can assume and have plans to resolve those.

• Risk and assumption is very tactical in the M&E

• Risks and assumptions are external factors over which the project has little control, but which may impact project activities and results.

Project Assumptions Examples
    1.You will get all the resources you need.
    2.During the rainy season, cheap labor will be available.
    3.All relevant stakeholders will come to the next meeting.
    4.Your team members have all the required skills.
    5.All equipment is in good condition.
    6.The supplier will deliver consumables on time.

• Discussion Risk Assumptions are external factors for which the intervention is not responsible but that are very important for the realisation of reaults the project overal objective
    Risk need to be managed daily especially relating to financial controls and intregrity, planning equipment to ensure minimal risk or loss .
    Risk and assumptions adds value to an organisation and helps the organisation succeeds rather than fail its all about what might happen it helt them take the right risk considering both up and down to achieving the organisation goal the assumption is made when you state what you think might happen what should be done with assumptions is monitor them .

• Risk and Assumptions make the project more do able for me, because it show you how much chances the project is likely to succeed and fail.
    I think if the Risks involved in the project are probably calculated and manage it will determine a certain percentage of the project success.

• For projects design, risks are the things or situations that are likely to disrupt your project plan and are out of your control.
    On the other hand, assumptions are the things we believe to be true or valid, without necessary proof or evidence.

• In our project, the assumption is that all the beneficiaries are unemployed, so if we give training and make them skilled manpower then their income will be increased. But during monitoring we found that even they get job after training they do not want to continue due to hot climate. The risk is they are skilled but unemployed.

• The assumptions describe the situations, events, conditions or decisions necessary for the project's success, but which are largely or completely beyond the control of the project's management. Risks are events that may have a negative impact on the project.

• When implementing a project like "Enhancing Education Opportunities for Disadvantaged Youth," it's important to consider potential risks and assumptions that might arise. Here are some common risks and assumptions to be mindful of:

Risks:

Funding Shortfalls: There is a risk of not securing sufficient funding to support the project's activities, potentially leading to scaled-down operations or an inability to achieve the intended outcomes.
    Stakeholder Resistance: Resistance or lack of support from stakeholders, such as community members, parents, or local authorities, could hinder project implementation and community engagement efforts.
    Political and Social Instability: Political instability, social unrest, or conflicts in the target region may disrupt project activities and impact the safety and well-being of project participants and staff.
    Limited Community Engagement: Inadequate community engagement and participation can undermine the sustainability and effectiveness of the project, as it relies on the active involvement and support of community members.
    Inadequate Infrastructure: Insufficient or inadequate educational infrastructure, such as classrooms, sanitation facilities, or technology, may pose challenges to providing quality education and limit the impact of the project.
    Inequality and Discrimination: Deep-rooted social inequalities and discrimination based on gender, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status may affect the equitable implementation of the project and hinder access to education for the most marginalized groups.
    Assumptions:

Availability of Resources: The project assumes the availability of resources such as qualified teachers, training facilities, learning materials, and technology to effectively deliver quality education to disadvantaged youth.
    Supportive Policy Environment: The project assumes a supportive policy environment that promotes equitable access to education and provides necessary support for initiatives targeting disadvantaged youth.
    Willingness to Participate: The project assumes the willingness of beneficiaries to participate in educational programs, engage with the project activities, and commit to their own educational development.
    Local Partnerships: The project assumes the ability to establish and maintain strong partnerships with local organizations, educational institutions, and community leaders to leverage their expertise and resources.
    Impact on Academic Performance: The project assumes that the implemented interventions will positively impact the academic performance and learning outcomes of disadvantaged youth.
    It is important to recognize and mitigate these risks through proper risk management strategies, contingency planning, stakeholder engagement, and continuous monitoring and evaluation. Assumptions should be validated through research, needs assessments, and ongoing data collection to ensure they are accurate and align with the realities on the ground.

• When implementing a project like "Enhancing Education Opportunities for Disadvantaged Youth," it's important to consider potential risks and assumptions that might arise. Here are some common risks and assumptions to be mindful of:

Risks:

Funding Shortfalls: There is a risk of not securing sufficient funding to support the project's activities, potentially leading to scaled-down operations or an inability to achieve the intended outcomes.
    Stakeholder Resistance: Resistance or lack of support from stakeholders, such as community members, parents, or local authorities, could hinder project implementation and community engagement efforts.
    Political and Social Instability: Political instability, social unrest, or conflicts in the target region may disrupt project activities and impact the safety and well-being of project participants and staff.
    Limited Community Engagement: Inadequate community engagement and participation can undermine the sustainability and effectiveness of the project, as it relies on the active involvement and support of community members.
    Inadequate Infrastructure: Insufficient or inadequate educational infrastructure, such as classrooms, sanitation facilities, or technology, may pose challenges to providing quality education and limit the impact of the project.
    Inequality and Discrimination: Deep-rooted social inequalities and discrimination based on gender, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status may affect the equitable implementation of the project and hinder access to education for the most marginalized groups.
    Assumptions:

Availability of Resources: The project assumes the availability of resources such as qualified teachers, training facilities, learning materials, and technology to effectively deliver quality education to disadvantaged youth.
    Supportive Policy Environment: The project assumes a supportive policy environment that promotes equitable access to education and provides necessary support for initiatives targeting disadvantaged youth.
    Willingness to Participate: The project assumes the willingness of beneficiaries to participate in educational programs, engage with the project activities, and commit to their own educational development.
    Local Partnerships: The project assumes the ability to establish and maintain strong partnerships with local organizations, educational institutions, and community leaders to leverage their expertise and resources.
    Impact on Academic Performance: The project assumes that the implemented interventions will positively impact the academic performance and learning outcomes of disadvantaged youth.
    It is important to recognize and mitigate these risks through proper risk management strategies, contingency planning, stakeholder engagement, and continuous monitoring and evaluation. Assumptions should be validated through research, needs assessments, and ongoing data collection to ensure they are accurate and align with the realities on the ground.

• Defining the Risks and Assumptions is important because it helps to;
    i) Understand unforeseeable events in which corrective decisions can be made.
    ii) Draw learning from previous projects that had the same assumptions.
    iii) Interact with beneficiaries to understand how the curb the risks.
    iv) Explain the expected challenges during the reporting of the results of the project.

• Understanding risk and Assumption in a project is important. We can plan activities considering how to mitigate risks associated to the project including those beyond our sphere of influence. This module has made justice to that aspect.

• The assumptions describe the situations, events, conditions or decisions necessary for the project's success, but which are largely or completely beyond the control of the project's management. Risks are events that may have a negative impact on the project.

• Understanding risk and Assumption in a project is important. We can plan activities considering how to mitigate risks associated to the project including those beyond our sphere of influence. This module has made justice to that aspect.

• hy it is important to plan for risks and assumptions ahead of time is so that
    you can understand events and conditions that are unforeseeable
    that might affect your implementation, therefore giving you enough time to make
    decisions at the right time.
    We tested for our assumptions and risks within our
    logframe by looking at our past events and seeing out of those activities we
    had implemented some of the common assumptions and risks.
    Then we go
    through our beneficiaries and ask them what would be some of the assumptions
    that we had put along whether they fitted and finally we looked at the list
    of activities that we did and listed some of our assumptions.
    A common

• Risks and assumptions play a critical role in project planning and implementation. They help identify potential challenges, uncertainties, and factors that may hinder the achievement of desired outcomes and impacts. By acknowledging and addressing these risks and assumptions, organizations can develop strategies to mitigate them and increase the chances of project success.

In the context of MEH's project to increase the financial prosperity of girls in their province, several risks and assumptions have been identified. Let's discuss them in more detail:

Girls might not want to start or upgrade businesses:
    This risk acknowledges the possibility that some girls may not have the interest or motivation to start or upgrade businesses, even if they receive microloans. It is important to consider factors such as personal aspirations, cultural norms, or individual circumstances that may influence their willingness to engage in entrepreneurial activities. MEH should assess the level of interest and commitment among the target group and consider strategies to address any potential lack of interest.

Girls might be discouraged from starting or upgrading businesses by their family or culture:
    This assumption recognizes the potential influence of family dynamics and cultural norms on the girls' decision to start or upgrade businesses. It is important to consider the support systems and potential barriers within the girls' social environment. MEH should engage with families, community leaders, and influencers to foster understanding, support, and acceptance of girls' entrepreneurial endeavors. This can help mitigate any cultural or social resistance that may discourage girls from pursuing business opportunities.

Girls might not know how to start or upgrade businesses:
    This assumption highlights the potential knowledge and skill gaps among girls in starting or upgrading businesses. Lack of entrepreneurial knowledge, business planning skills, or access to resources and networks can hinder their ability to establish and grow successful businesses. MEH should provide comprehensive training and capacity-building programs to equip girls with the necessary skills, knowledge, and support to effectively manage their businesses. This can include entrepreneurship training, mentorship programs, and access to business development resources.

By recognizing and addressing these risks and assumptions, MEH can enhance the effectiveness and sustainability of their project. They can develop targeted interventions, tailor training programs, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the girls have the necessary support and resources to overcome potential challenges and achieve the desired outcomes and impacts. Regular monitoring, evaluation, and adaptive management strategies can also help identify and address emerging risks throughout the project lifecycle

• continuous analysis is required to capture all risks and assumptions to avoid any surprises along the way of the project implementation

• should we find all the possible hypotheses or just the most important ones ?
    With the advancement of technology, what is the place of digital technology in data collection today?

• It’s good to identfiy risks and assumption and plan for them ahead of time, so as to ensure your project run smoothly.

• Riscos financeiros: Um dos principais riscos é a falta de recursos financeiros suficientes para implementar e sustentar o projeto. Dependendo de doações e financiamentos externos pode tornar a organização vulnerável a flutuações na disponibilidade de fundos. É importante ter um plano de captação de recursos diversificado e sustentável para mitigar esse risco.

Riscos operacionais: Há riscos relacionados à execução do projeto, como problemas com a gestão dos recursos humanos, dificuldades logísticas, falta de capacidade técnica ou infraestrutura inadequada. É fundamental garantir uma gestão eficiente e eficaz do projeto, com processos claros e uma equipe capacitada para lidar com os desafios operacionais.

Riscos de parceria: Dependendo de parcerias estratégicas para o sucesso do projeto, pode haver riscos associados a problemas de colaboração, divergências de interesses ou até mesmo a rescisão de parcerias. É importante estabelecer acordos claros, definir expectativas e garantir uma comunicação aberta e constante com as partes envolvidas.

Riscos de sustentabilidade: Um risco significativo é a capacidade do projeto de se tornar sustentável a longo prazo, tanto financeiramente quanto em termos de impacto. É necessário considerar estratégias de geração de renda, parcerias duradouras e envolvimento da comunidade para garantir a continuidade e a relevância do projeto no futuro.

Suposições sobre as necessidades dos jovens: O projeto parte da suposição de que suas atividades e abordagens são adequadas e eficazes para atender às necessidades dos jovens atendidos. No entanto, é importante estar aberto a feedbacks, avaliações e ajustes ao longo do caminho para garantir que as intervenções sejam adaptadas e responsivas às necessidades reais dos beneficiários.

Riscos de resistência ou falta de engajamento: Pode haver resistência ou falta de engajamento por parte dos jovens, suas famílias ou da comunidade em relação ao projeto. É necessário desenvolver estratégias de comunicação eficazes, estabelecer relações de confiança e garantir a participação ativa e inclusiva dos beneficiários desde o início.

• To have skills on logical framework during project planning, project implementation and monitoring and evaluation are the most important in project management.

• Assumptions are the conditions or events that you expect or hope to happen for your project to achieve its objectives. They are usually based on your theory of change, or the causal logic that links your inputs, activities, outputs, outcomes and impact. For example, an assumption for a health education project may be that the target population has access to and trusts the information sources you use. Risks are the potential threats or challenges that may prevent or hinder your project from achieving its objectives. They are usually external factors that are beyond your control, such as political instability, natural disasters, or cultural resistance. For example, a risk for a health education project may be that the target population faces violence or intimidation from opposing groups.

• Risks and assumptions are the uncertainty about a propose project that the manager or M&E person is ready to take for get a desired outcome of an event, this can also be described as huddles or challenges that may occur during executing a project and measure put in place to mitigate those challenges.

Unrealistic targets are targets which may seem impossible to achieve within the targeted time frame for the project. Unrealistic targets may seem too ambitious and nearly impossible to achieve within the time frame set to achieve the task.

• I know before starting a project it’s important to define the risk and the assumption

• Not enough funds from donors is a risk and assumption to inpurts

M
    1 Reply
  • Not enough funds from donors is a risk and assumption to inpurts

• Excellent module

• I believe risk and assumptions are critical to a successful project. a critical look and rectification of certain risks and assumptions which might delay the success of the project is most relevant.

• To identify risk and assumptions depend on the type of project.

• WONDERFUL TOPIC SO FAR

• Risks and assumptions in a project are unforeseen circumstances that could hinder the organisation from achieving its objectives or project plans. In the beginning and during design phase of the project risks and assumption should be monitored to determine if this risk are materialing or not and how they can be mitigated during the project

• Risks are the things outside of our control that might disrupt our plans. A risk is an assumption with a higher level of failure. It is an event that could happen with a notable probability and could affect the outcome of your project substantially. You have to take risks into account when planning your project as they might change the entire setup if the event actually occurs. They might even end your entire project if they occur. Here an example of risks:

• The pattern of rain will change in the near future.

Assumptions are our biases, the things that we believe without much evidence. An assumption is a statement that you assume to be true. Without assuming certain things planning would be impossible, as we never know for certain how the future will look like. We have to assume our government keeps working, our organization will keep existing and the weather will follow its usual pattern. Sometimes we look at these things as if they were facts, but in reality, they are just assumptions, as we cannot be 100% sure. Here is an example of assumptions:

• The pattern of rain will not change in the near future
  • Risks might appear in a variety of ways during monitoring and evaluation. For instance, a risk might result from insufficient data gathering techniques, such as faulty or incomplete data sources, which could result in erroneous findings and false conclusions. Insufficient stakeholder involvement, when important players are not actively participating or committed, might pose another danger. This could restrict the buy-in and application of evaluation conclusions. Furthermore, risks may result from outside variables like political unrest or natural catastrophes, which might obstruct the execution of monitoring and evaluation tasks.

On the other side, assumptions may consist of elements like the availability of crucial resources, like money, personnel, or technology, to assist the monitoring and assessment process. The assumption of cooperation and collaboration among various stakeholders, such as governmental bodies, non-governmental organizations, or members of the community, is another example of an assumption. Assuming, for instance, that all parties involved would transparently and promptly exchange pertinent data or that program beneficiaries will actively engage in data gathering efforts. Monitoring and evaluation practitioners may increase the dependability, validity, and utility of their conclusions and recommendations by recognizing and addressing these risks and assumptions. In my practice, I have experienced all this.

• no bias in this column

• Risks are things that are out o our control that disrupt our plan to implement.
    Assumption are believe that we have toward our project /plan do not supported by strong evidence .

1 Reply
  • no bias in this colum

• There is always a certainty of risk and assumption no matter how well you plan your project.

• need to review or revise every year

• need to review or revise every year

• Data Management Flow

• Risks and assumptions are a vital part of project planning. Such unforeseen occurrences can derail a project a affect the achievement of results. It therefore makes sense to anticipate them in the planning process. This will enable implementers to deal with them if they arise during the implementation process. I will also afford the opportunity to learn and improve the implementation strategy when the project is going to be replicated.

• Risks are things that are out o our control that disrupt our plan to implement.
    Assumption are believe that we have toward our project /plan do not supported by strong evidence .

• Risks and assumptions seems to be a very tricky part that can easily be overlooked.

• When you design a project, it is important to find the risks and assumptions before the project starts. This helps an organization to prepare for potential challenges in meeting the program goals as well as determining if a program redesign would be beneficial. This imply that risk identification and assumptions are an essential parts of any successful business strategy. It allows you to identify potential threats before they cause damage and helps you make sound decisions based on accurate information.

R
    1 Reply
  • Risks and Assumptions of our project include:

1. Will the course outcome of a project proposal for an innovation be enough to catalyze implementation of organizational/sustainable changes in practices?
    2. Will the nurses have enough resources (time, support, equipment) to implement their proposals?
    3. Are there opportunities to demonstrate leadership, management, and collaboration in their workplace?
    4. What are the unforeseen barriers for nursing leadership in public health apart from lack of measure of skills for uhc and absence of clear career pathway?
  • The largest risk and assumption in our project is that the training would easily translate to demonstration in the workplace. The assumption that all nurses have the opportunity to apply frameworks and managerial skills is too ideal. It must be part of the baseline assessment. What are their normal deliverables? Other than that, the nurses have no security of tenure hence their skill from training might be wasted if they lose their positions due to budget cut-offs/etc.

• I do not see a question prompt to adequately reply to the discussion board.

• The risks and assumptions in a Logframe allows project managers to take a proactive approach to project planning and implementation. By addressing potential risks and dependencies from the outset, project managers can develop contingency plans, allocate resources more effectively, and improve the project's chances of success. Additionally, regularly reviewing and updating the risks and assumptions throughout the project's lifecycle ensures that the project remains adaptable to changing circumstances and reduces the likelihood of unexpected setbacks.

• That's right , I agree with you @Said25, evaluate the sisks is really important before start a project.

• Hey guys , how is it going in your side ?

M
    1 Reply
  • risk and assumption are the most important part of the logfram

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.