Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• It is important l in helping managers, planners, implementers, policy makers and donors acquire the information and understanding they need to make informed decisions about programme operations. Monitoring and evaluation helps with identifying the most valuable and efficient use of resources.

Steps

1. Step 1: Identify Program Goals Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH), and Objectives to let girls borrow small amounts of money (microloans)
    2. Step 2: Define Indicators.
    3. Step 3: Define Data Collection Methods and TImeline
    4. Step 4: Identify M&E Roles and Responsibilities.
    5. Step 5: Create an Analysis Plan and Reporting Templates.
    6. Step 6: Plan for Dissemination and Donor Reporting.
  • • it help the project team to collecting project information regularly which measure the progress of the project or activity. This helps to track performance over time and to make informed decisions about the effectiveness of projects and the efficient use of resources;
    • evaluation measures how well the project activities have achieved the project’s objectives and how much changes in outcomes can be directly linked to a project’s intervention
    • Monitoring and measuring the projects help you to know how good the projects are.

• M&E is essential for a project implementation. It helps to set precise goal for the project. During the project M&E can help to know how well the project is going. M&E can help to identify the changes that can be attribuate to the project and the check if the project effectively attain the purpose for which it has come alive. It can also help to allocate effectively ressources to many ongoing projects. M&E really helps to measure impact.

• Monitoring & Evaluation is very important in a project/activity life cycle because it helps to get precise data on:
    i) How many people took part in a given project / activity.
    ii) How the project/activity affects the lives of those who took part in it.
    iii) What the participants of the project/activity think about it and
    iv) How the project can be improved upon.

S
    2 Replies
  • Another important point to note about the importance of an M&E plan is that it helps you know the status of your organization i.e the capacity level within. This will determine the feasibility of your program and its sustainability.

Vote0
    C
    COOLGREAMS
    Jan 13, 2021, 12:33 PM
    Monitoring and Evaluation is an important aspect of project development that can’t be overemphasized. It’s the foundation of a successful project

Vote0

ABDULBUKHSH
    Jan 13, 2021, 12:34 PM
    Monitoring and Evaluation is an important aspect of project development that can’t be overemphasized. It’s the foundation of a successful project

Vote0

ABDULBUKHSH
    Jan 13, 2021, 12:37 PM
    M&E will also help in assessing the quality of activities being conducted, so that they can be intervened and modified.

Vote0
    E
    EPHIRI
    Jan 13, 2021, 10:13 PM
    These are the importance of M&E:

• For greater transparency and accountability
    • Improved project performance
    • Effective resource allocation
    • Promotes learning & data-driven decision making
    • Systematic management of organisation

Vote0
    G
    GIDEONWANG
    Jan 14, 2021, 12:17 AM
    M&E enables an intervention plan to measure performance of activities, clearly identify outcome and indicators. It also helps in identifying the type of data to collect and how its processed.

Vote0
    N
    NOKWANDAP
    Jan 14, 2021, 7:55 AM
    M&E helps you understand precisely the goal of the project, how to measure the project's progress and plans to collect information on how the project changes beneficiaries life. Also on how to improve the effectiveness of the project.

Vote0
    D
    DOGUTU
    Jan 14, 2021, 6:24 PM
    I love the first analogy already. Looking forward to learning more!

Vote0
    D
    DOGUTU
    Jan 14, 2021, 6:25 PM
    This is exactly something I needed. I'm so grateful!

Vote0
    C
    CHARITYTGARWE
    Jan 15, 2021, 7:29 AM
    Monitoring and Evaluation helps assess performance of projects as progress. The assessemnt aids in identification of a project`s loophole, strength and benefits of a project. Monitoring and evaluation reduces the chances of project failure for the project is regularly assessed and improved towards reaching its target. It helps in understanding the multi layered factors underlying a project. From tracking relationship between project inputs and outputs it helps determine whether a project is on track. Acts in identifying the most effecient and sustainable use of resources.

Vote0
    C
    COLANI_SHABALALA
    Jan 15, 2021, 8:00 AM
    Monitoring and Evaluation Plan for Microfinance for Expanding Horizons

To determine the success of the project, first you need to determine the interest of the people.

How many people are interested in securing loans
    Find out how much of the interested parties actually qualify for a loan
    What do they intended on doing with the loans
    If business related then evaluate their business plans to see if they can repay the loan
    Vote0
    R
    REEM12
    Jan 15, 2021, 11:03 PM
    it is interesting how you start the course , I am interested to help MEH and it is very clear the role of M&E plan in shaping the project and all tasks related

Vote0
    N
    NADAMRBT
    Jan 16, 2021, 1:03 PM
    I can already see what a crucial part an M&E plan can play in ensuring the success of a project.

Vote0
    O
    ONYANGOFRANKOTIENO1
    Jan 16, 2021, 5:12 PM
    M&E is important in ensuring that oranization do not go about without having clear targets that they aim to achieve while conducting their business. Amongst the things that M&E ensures are available are clear milestones that are to be achieved and the the evaluation ensures that the milestones have indeed been achieved or atleast they help the organization to understand how far they are from achieving their own goals.

Vote0
    S
    SIMBAMIKE
    Jan 17, 2021, 10:58 AM
    This lesson actually opened my mind

Vote0
    F
    FRANKO44
    Jan 18, 2021, 5:40 PM
    Helps in producing better outputs and results

Vote0
    D
    DEMENATHAN
    Jan 18, 2021, 10:33 PM
    The GOOD and MEH examples, I now have an understanding of what M and E is about.
    Thank you.

Vote0
    F
    FOLAKEMI238
    Jan 20, 2021, 11:38 PM
    Risks are the things that can disrupt your planaplan it's outside your control.

Assumptions are biases . Those things you believe without much evidence about it.

Vote0
    S
    SAYEDKHANIM_PAMIRI
    Jan 21, 2021, 7:08 AM
    This is nice online course , i have a small suggestion cane you please upload more video because i am the new if you can show more practically in video that will might be very useful . Thank you so much

Vote0
    G
    GRACEUPONGRACE
    Jan 21, 2021, 11:00 AM
    HELP TO COLLECT DATA AND INFORMATION REGULARLY ,TRACKING PERFORMANCE AND MEASURING HOW WELL THE PROJECT ACTIVITIES HAVE ACHIEVED.

Vote0
    A
    ACONTEH
    Jan 21, 2021, 11:31 AM
    The important of M&E plan help us to not only to guide the process but also in key decision making area in the project as it help structure the project to mitigate errors

Vote0
    D
    DOGUTU
    Jan 21, 2021, 10:15 PM
    I have for quite sometimes thought about M&E in my business but with less understanding of it's usefulness in project implementation.

Vote0
    D
    DOGUTU
    Jan 21, 2021, 10:16 PM
    I have for quite sometimes thought about M&E in my business but with less understanding of it's usefulness in project implementation.

Vote0
    S
    SPETER122
    Jan 22, 2021, 12:27 AM
    The importance of M&E are as follows:

it measures the progress of an on going activities of a project and it's impact after the project has executed,

it helps to track performance of an on going project over time,

it helps in the efficient use of resources,

it measures how well the project activities have achieved the objectives and how much changes in out comes can be directly linked to a project interventions.

Vote0
    B
    BOURAMAD1
    Jan 25, 2021, 5:49 AM
    This is a good start!!!! The GOOD project is really ready to take off.

Vote0
    N
    NYIKA21
    Jan 25, 2021, 11:24 AM
    I think this is often a poorly understood area of the project cycle, yet one of, if not the most important area in terms of measuring impact, value for money and satisfaction. It's not easy to do but I think courses like this should be 'must do's' for organisations where beneficiaries and donors are concerned from a governance and accountability point of view.

Vote0
    D
    DM23
    Jan 25, 2021, 12:05 PM
    M&E helps keep the project on track and cam let authorities know when things are going wrong.

Vote1
    H
    HEBAALAQARBEH
    Jan 25, 2021, 6:31 PM
    M and E are more most important

Vote0
    H
    HEBAALAQARBEH
    Jan 25, 2021, 6:32 PM
    M&E is a very important process in order to understand how the project is being developed and how the resources are being used.

Vote0
    H
    HEBAALAQARBEH
    Jan 25, 2021, 6:32 PM
    M&E is a very important process in order to understand how the project is being developed and how the resources are being used.

Vote0
    L
    LARRYOVER
    Jan 25, 2021, 9:49 PM
    I would think that it is important for MEH to consider the pay back rate on the loans.

Vote0
    L
    LARRYOVER
    Jan 25, 2021, 9:51 PM
    Without an M&E plan it is likely that a project will get bogged down in daily activities without considering the desired end results of the project.

Vote0
    D
    DEKONTEECKIEH
    Jan 26, 2021, 10:37 AM
    M&E is important because it help your Organization to catch problem right away and find solution to the problem and make all neccessary change if possible.

Vote0
    D
    DOUMFAMAHAN2019
    Jan 26, 2021, 1:31 PM
    I'm Famahan DOUMBIA. I want to improve my skills continuously and I choose Philanthropy University for that. I already happy to be here and learn free lot of things.

Vote0
    K
    KOFFI_AMOU48
    Jan 26, 2021, 2:25 PM
    The importance of monitoring and evaluation is now clear for me when it comes to prepare data collection, report for donors in other to motivate to support the project

Vote0
    A
    ABASSK
    Jan 27, 2021, 11:17 AM
    I'm abass kargbo from The Gambia,

Vote0
    N
    NGHIPONAJONA
    Jan 27, 2021, 11:42 AM
    Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH) project should identify first what the money obtained by the girls is from microloans is going to be used for. Once this is established, the coordinator of the project should hand out questionnaires or surveys to the relevant micro lenders together with the proposals from members. Then, only can they estimate how many micro lenders are willing to fund this members.

With this information, they can then submit a report to the donors to make them aware of the number of people that might be funded by theses lenders.

Vote0

KGNYAMHANZA
    Jan 28, 2021, 8:25 AM
    Goals-there should be clearly defined indicators and a framework on how to collect data.

Goals-

amount of money per person/per household
    number of girls to be given the micro loans
    Criterion of girls selection per district/province
    Target age group / school leavers
    Time frame to measure progress
    KKK

Vote0
    B
    BRUQUE
    Jan 29, 2021, 7:48 AM
    The M&E is the Key for the projects succes as it helps to make a step by step follow-up.

Vote0
    L
    LUBNA-NUSAIR
    Jan 29, 2021, 1:25 PM
    M&E is so important in the project life cycle as the monitoring is an essential way to track the progress and implementation of the project as well as keep us timely with the timeframe of the project. On same hand, evaluation is important as well to evaluate how everything is done after a time period to identify lessons learned and how they could be improved by the future.

Vote1
    A
    ARTETA
    Jan 29, 2021, 2:17 PM
    I am ready to learn how to create an M&E plan

Vote0
    N
    NGHIPONAJONA
    Jan 29, 2021, 2:36 PM
    Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH) project should identify first what the money obtained by the girls is from microloans is going to be used for. Once this is established, the coordinator of the project should hand out questionnaires or surveys to the relevant micro lenders together with the proposals from members. Then, only can they estimate how many micro lenders are willing to fund this members.

With this information, they can then submit a report to the donors to make them aware of the number of people that might be funded by theses lenders.

Creating Data Collection Tools

Vote0
    N
    NGHIPONAJONA
    Jan 29, 2021, 2:38 PM
    Hi everyone!
    I am glad to have enrolled for this course.

Vote0
    N
    NAGPALM
    Jan 30, 2021, 6:46 PM
    How the project changes the beneficiary's life, what they think about the project, do they know any others that can benefit from the project and how can the services be made better.

Vote0

ABDULRAUFPAK
    Feb 1, 2021, 10:36 AM
    Through M&E we can assess the project implementation and evaluation the actual result as per define in LFA

Vote0

JUDYAUMA2
    Feb 2, 2021, 12:54 PM
    Looking at the course i am glad I enrolled because M&E is very valuable in my line of work.

Vote0
    M
    MAMANSANI
    Feb 2, 2021, 4:53 PM
    From the two examples below, I think GOOD Project has all what is needed to build a strong M and E plan. This is not the case for MEH Project. Without knowing what kind of information to be collected and how to collect it in order to measure progress in the activities it will be difficult to build an effective M and E plan

Vote0
    M
    MPHYU
    Feb 3, 2021, 8:36 AM
    For MEH project's goals are: girls improve their skill.
    We measure their income and beneficiaries.

Vote0
    S
    SHOWING
    Feb 4, 2021, 2:51 AM
    M&E is important because you are able to see the progress of your project before it goes far by monitoring and then make necessary changes or corrections, while evaluating also helps to see the impact of the project and if its aim is achieved and lessons learnt.

Vote1
    K
    KA04
    Feb 4, 2021, 6:47 AM
    After reading the text one can easily understand that for smooth functioning and successful implementation of project, a systematic and thoughtful monitoring and evaluation plan is very crucial

Vote0
    P
    PACCONA1987
    Feb 4, 2021, 12:02 PM
    Interesting stuff

Vote0
    P
    PRISCANABACHWA
    Feb 4, 2021, 8:05 PM
    monitoring helps to track the progress of the project

monitoring will also help help project memebers be accountable to the project

monitoring also help project staff in making sound decision making.

Vote0
    D
    DANOKE
    Feb 5, 2021, 6:49 PM
    it's getting clearer

Vote0
    M
    MISSAEL
    Feb 6, 2021, 8:31 PM
    M&e is importance because it provides a way to assess the crucial link between implementers and beneficiaries on the ground and decision-makers.

Vote0

THEINTUNHLAING
    Feb 7, 2021, 3:05 PM
    M&E is important to control the project which have to meet with progress regularly and keep on tracking whether the project are on right track or not, and measuring whether project meet according to the objectives or not.
    So M&E take important role to over view the project time to time.

I would like to known about MEAL and how to tell the story of our finding which people can easily seen the realistic situation of the ground.

Vote0
    L
    LINDALALFAROOK
    Feb 8, 2021, 2:10 AM
    M&E is important because it helps with identifying the most valuable and efficient use of resources. It also provides a consolidated source of information showcasing project progress. It also reveals mistakes and offers paths to learning and improvement. It allows basis for questioning and testing assumptions.

Vote0

CONNIEOFDMS
    Feb 8, 2021, 2:24 PM
    Great.Ready for it.

Vote0
    M
    MACV
    Feb 8, 2021, 5:48 PM
    I am excited to learn the importance of M &E.
    GOOD has got a project that really needs notions of an M &E.

Vote0
    A
    ALIAKBARVHELAYATI
    Feb 8, 2021, 11:59 PM
    The second project is Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH), a project that will let girls borrow small amounts of money (microloans). MEH knows that their donor will want to see some data, but they do not know how to get it. In fact, they are not totally sure what they should be measuring. Some people on the team think that they should measure how many loans they give out. Other team members think that they should measure how many businesses they help to get started. Either way, they know they will need an M&E plan fast!

Clearly, GOOD is off to a great start. But there is still hope for MEH! They still have time to create an M&E plan. Throughout this course, we will help MEH prepare their plan. By helping MEH prepare their M&E plan, you’ll learn how to create a plan for your own project.
    Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan: A comprehensive planning document for all monitoring and evaluation activities within a program. This plan documents the key M&E questions to be addressed: what indicators will be collected, how, how often, from where, and why; baseline values, targets, and assumptions; how data are going to be analyzed/interpreted; and how/how often report will be developed and distributed.
    Non-routine data sources: Resources that provide data collected on a periodic basis, usually annually or less frequently. In addition to large-scale household surveys, these sources may be small-scale, ad-hoc household surveys; special studies; and national censuses.
    Objectives: Significant development results that contribute to the achievement of goals and provide a general framework for more detailed planning for specific programs. Several objectives can contribute to each goal. Examples: “to reduce the total fertility rate to 4.0 births by Year X” or “to increase contraceptive prevalence over the life of the program.”

agung

Vote0
    H
    HEWAN
    Feb 9, 2021, 7:24 AM
    M&E is crucial to any project. Without it, it would be difficult to design a project- all the way from the inputs we need, the impact we desire and everything in between. M&E determines the project performance and success, whether there is effective resource allocation, data-driven decision-making, proper management and organization and etc. It encourages transparency and accountability in a project team and serves as a roadmap towards set targets.

Vote0

MATUENY
    Feb 9, 2021, 4:43 PM
    Both projects belong to the same organization:
    Evaluation Clearly state what are the milestones of the project and what are the final outputs. On the one hand,...
    Monitoring of outputs. Clearly elaborate on a methodology able to constantly monitor the development of the project
    Monitoring of outcomes and impacts. Outcomes and impacts are more.
    Monitoring and evaluation are separate practices dedicated to the assessment of your NGO’s overall performance. Monitoring is a systematic and long-term process that gathers information in regards to the progress made by an implemented project. Evaluation is time specific and it’s performed to judge whether a project has reached its goals and delivered what expected according to its original plan.

Vote0
    R
    RAWANL
    Feb 9, 2021, 7:58 PM
    It seems to me that the significance of monitoring and evaluation lies in the importance of conducting a well-thought out project. Monitoring is the continuous rechecking of all activities that take place in order to deliver the objectives of a project. Without it, things can go unnoticed, and this may lead to shortcomings that could have otherwise been avoided. Evaluation, although does not happen as frequently, helps both project team members, project managers, and funders to determine the factor that contributed to the success of project and/or way to improve any drawbacks. Together, monitoring and evaluation can serve as a manual for team member and managers to learn and improve their work production.

Vote0
    L
    LAWRENCEATAH
    Feb 10, 2021, 5:08 AM
    Monitoring and evaluation is very important in every project and for a project to be successful monitoring and evaluation must be present. M&E importance to a project can be seen as follows;
    Project goals are set and are precise
    Annual reports are easily made
    Project can be improved.
    Moreover from the above it can be deduced that girls organising for ongoing development project is and will be a success because their goals are precise, they know how to run the project , collect feedback and others whereas micro finance for expanding horizons is completely the opposite.

Vote0
    R
    REGINA2021
    Feb 10, 2021, 12:33 PM
    The M&E plan helps to measure if the project has been implemented according to the plan (monitoring) and is having the desired results (evaluation). It also sets out a framework for enhancing the generation of good quality monitoring data, which will be used for evidence based decision making and provide greater accountability

Vote1

• Monitoring and evaluation is important in organization

• Monitoring and Evaluation helps to track performance of an on going project over time,
    it helps in the efficient use of resources and budget that can complete your project
    it measures how well the project activities have achieved the set objectives and how much changes in out comes can be directly linked to a project interventions.

The Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH) project should identify what the money obtained by the girls is for, what the microloans is going to be used for. If that is established, than the coordinator of the project should hand out questionnaires or surveys to the relevant micro lenders together with the proposals from members. Then, only can they estimate how many micro lenders are willing to fund these members.
    Goals will be -Total amount of money per person/per household in all the affected areas
    MEH project's goal is for the girls to improve their skill.

GOOD Project has all what is needed to build a strong M and E plan. The case of MEH Project who dont know what kind of information to be collected and how to collect it in order to measure progress in the activities it will be difficult to build an effective M and E plan and there will no feedback of activities.

• Age for eligibility for the Loan
    Amount of money to be lent by the microfinance
    Number of girls receiving loans and for what period
    Turn around time for receiving the Loan
    Impacts of the financing on the lives of the girls

• Having an MnE plan is like a pathway towards the goal of the organisation, a tracking tool to know that you are on the right path.
    Once an organisation or project has the right path, it helps to align the activities to the goals and achieve desired outcomes.

• The importance of M&E is to help track the performance of interventions, it laso helps to generate data for evidence-based decision making. It eventually shows whether there is progess or not in any given project

• These are the importance of M&E:

For greater transparency and accountability
    • Improved project performance
    • Effective resource allocation
    • Promotes learning & data-driven decision making
    • Systematic management of organisation

• Monitoring and Evaluation helps to track performance of an on going project over time,
    • it helps in the efficient use of resources and budget that can complete your project
    • it measures how well the project activities have achieved the set objectives and how much changes in out comes can be directly linked to a project interventions.

• M&E is such an important part of the work that we do. Oxfam GB Evaluation Guidelines starts off their guiding principles by saying that “Monitoring and evaluation are part of everyday programme management and are critical to the success of our programmes.” (8 June 2019). A large part of our success hinges on ensuring that we have a robust Monitoring & Evaluation Plan in place. A few vital reasons as to why Avocado Vision should have a monitoring, evaluation and reporting plan are:
    • For implementation planning: Mapping the change process and its expected outcomes will facilitate project implementation. It will allow everyone involved in implementing the programme to have a better understanding of the ‘bigger picture’ of the work which is being undertaken and the context in which it will happen.

It also strengthens the clarity and focus of the programme. (Disclaimer: sometimes the workshop process may inform a revision to the initial design of the intervention, if flawed assumptions and poor logical links between activities, outputs and outcomes, are identified)

• Monitoring: A monitoring, evaluation and reporting plan articulates expected processes and outcomes that can be reviewed over time. It will provide the framework for monitoring and opportunities for learning throughout the programme cycle.

• Strengthened relationships: Because a monitoring, evaluation and reporting plan provides a better understanding of the programme context and an understanding of the influence and the levels of engagement of stakeholders on the programme, it allows for strengthened relationships and improved dialogue with stakeholders.

• Evaluation: Having a monitoring, evaluation and reporting plan at the start of a programme allows the implementation team to re-visit the plan to identify how the implementation of a programme adapted from the original design over time and to determine whether a programme is working in the way that it was planned.

• Description and communication: A monitoring, evaluation and reporting plan allows implementation agencies to communicate their chosen change process to internal and external partners.
    Developing a monitoring, evaluation and reporting plan is best done in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders involved in the project.

• It helps to record the required data and make some changes where necessary for the project sustainability, It gives aclear picture of the project implementation, challenges encountered and success stories of the projects

• 1- number of beneficiaries
    2- how the microloans are used
    3- the progress shown on the life's of beneficiaries
    4- sustainability of projects that started using these microloans

• Yes I need it

• Monitoring and evaluation help persons to:
    -plane their activities;
    -to have a precise goal or objectives to achieve;
    -to use objectively ressources;
    -to care about the achievement of impacts of the project;
    -to control the achievement of aimed goals as possible etc;
    -To measure the degree of achievement of our goals and care about them.

• M&E I think is the CRUX of any project. In many government and donor schemes - lot of money is drained without proper M&E. Infact in one government skilling project that I was involved with, since it did not have appropriate tools and budget allocation for M&E, we suffered immensely in the end - when we realized most implementing agencies did not do the task properly and were providing hoax utilization certificates.

• The project is Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH), a project that will let girls borrow small amounts of money (microloans). MEH knows that their donor will want to see some data, but they do not know how to get it. In fact, they are not totally sure what they should be measuring. Some people on the team think that they should measure how many loans they give out. Other team members think that they should measure how many businesses they help to get started. Either way, they know they will need an M&E plan fast!

• I think many times monitoring and evaluation especially third party monitoring firms are not very welcomed in the field because no one like to be judged on their success or failure of the project in an objective way but it must be done for the better of society

• from all the things have listen to and watch to the video I hope to learn more from the community. Seriously before this course I can call myself a green horn but now that I finished the course I believe I can do a lot when it comes to monitoring and evaluation

• PHILANTHROPY
    UNIVERSITY

• The importance of M&E is that it allows us to create a concrete plan prior to starting our project, which will serve as a guide, and help each member of the organization to carry out specific tasks with clear, individual, and collective objectives. During the project relationship, constant monitoring previously established in form and time must be carried out; in order to collect statistics and detect problems in time in case they arise or to know if what we are carrying out is working correctly. Which will lead us to a final evaluation, which is the one that will determine the success of our project, establish statistical records and create a database for future projects or their continuation.

• I have seen how M&E helps tell the success or failure story of a project in order to learn lessons and apply it. So without M&E, there'll be know way to tell for a fact of the activities being carried out are beneficial or not and to see where exactly changes are needed.

B
    1 Reply
  • Importance of M&E:

• enables to know what the goals are.
    • enables the beneficiaries know their status.
    • enables to measure progress.
    • M&E paves way for identifying and rectifying the mistakes.
  • that is so true! As, everyone needs to plan, monitor and evaluate in their life to function better :")

• M&E helps an organization to have a clear direction for their project which is void of biases and assumptions. When M&E plan is in place, it's easier to measure progress of the project and also it's easy to identify and remedy a challenge when it arises

• An M&E helps to measure success of a project and the impact it creates over time, while guiding on the best utilisation of resources

• The importance of M&E is to follow your project in terms of progression and to reduce risk to not fail and the course has a lot of importance in our life also.

• The importance of ME is a lot always for project, it permits not only to follow it but to evaluate it also and so on

• Monitoring helps to observe regularly to what extent action plans are implemented and to do adjustments.
    Monitoring helps to understand the progress on the goals. Help the team to be dedicated and to plan actions.
    Monitoring helps to identify good practices.
    It also helps to identify gaps in implementation and who need assistance.
    This help to keep the implementation process going on smoothly.
    Evaluation helps to understand the outcomes and impacts achieved.
    Evaluation provides understanding to decide adjusting existing programmes, planning.
    Provide a deeper knowledge of development policy issues, understand policy gaps.
    Assess the sustainability of impacts.

• This is very interesting scenario where there are two teams with different situations on their M&E plan - one has the already established M&E plan, while the other don't. Simple story and practical scenario. I definitely will walk through this session.

• The importance of ME is a lot always for project, it permits not only to follow it but to evaluate it also and so on

• The course is very helpful to education scholars seeking to monitor and evaluate education prohects

• So far so good. This is helpful in getting me to think about M&E not just from the perspective of the funder. Sometimes the funder may need some redirection as to what they are measuring on a project, and Module 1 is helping me think of what that might look like.

• Absolutely agree regarding transparency and accountability. The great thing about data is that it doesn't lie. Of course one needs to evaluate their own biases, but data is so key in adapting/changing course when needs be.

• Agreed! I feel the same.

• M&E is very important because it help us in writing plan for differnet projects

• To my mind, MEH can count how much loan they give out along with a survey the nature of project where these loans are allocated. Also, another indication of success or failure can be obtained from the time when borrowers start returning the loans. In addition with final evaluation.

• M&E helps in accomplishment of desired targets in a more efficient manner. The M&E keeps the whole working of the project in check so that the project remains on the track as planned. Constant monitoring or check on the indicators allow the managers to assess project achievements and bring changes (if any) as deemed necessary in the accomplishment of project goals. On the other hand, the monitoring helps in the collection of data or information which can then be used for periodic evaluation of the project goals. Hence, an M&E plan is necessitated for the success of any project.

• M&E is important because it helps an organization to have a clear direction and strategic guidance on how to implement its projects or programmes on the ground. In addition, M&E helps an organization to measure its impact and see whether its project or programme has become successful or not, and to make judgements on where was the weakness and strength.

• M&E is important for smooth running the project and achieve the result

• Every project is designed to realise specific results. I believe M&E enables any project to assess whether its initial set objectives and goals are achieved or not. Over the course of a projects lifecycle, parameters are selected and are regularly followed up and compared to pre-established goals which indicate expected results and outcomes.

• all these assignments should be submitted? and in which way?

• The Importance of M&E are the following:-

1. It help in Controlling the Project
    2. Help Making plan for the Project which will help the Fundraiser will use to Finance the Project
    3. It Provide the clear Information/Data on from starting, or during the Progress of the Project or at the end
    4. it Guarantee the Success of the project
    5. It Give clear View for the team

But, I need to know:-
    How did M & E can help to make the Budget?

• It helps in monitoring the progress of the project,
    It helps in evaluation of how much money the project has taken or how long the project is going to last

• the purpose of monitoring and evaluation is to trackAt the global level, it is a tool for identifying and documenting successful programmes and approaches and tracking progress toward common indicators across related projects. Monitoring and evaluation forms the basis of strengthening understanding around the many multi-layered factors underlying violence against women, women’s experiences with such violence, and the effectiveness of the response at the service provider, community, national and international level. implementation and outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of programmes.

• Monitoring and evaluation are critical for building a strong, global evidence base around violence against women and for assessing the wide, diverse range of interventions being implemented to address it. At the programme level, the purpose of monitoring and evaluation is to track implementation and outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of programmes

• M & E is very important for any project. Monitoring is the process to know how well the project activities achieves the tproject objectives and what changes done in outcome to link the project interventions. Evaluation is essential to measure the progress of the project

• what are the implications of not having m&e plan.

• monitoring and evaluation is estential since it will make the process effective and provide for more ideas ahead and asses the risks.

• yes, it is true

• M&E to evaluate and plan projects better and efficiently

• yes, true that

• I feel this is a very good and important topic

• helps to asses the progress of program
    helps to measure the input and output

• Monitoring helps to observe regularly to what extent action plans are implemented and to do adjustments.
    Monitoring helps to understand the progress on the goals. Help the team to be dedicated and to plan actions.
    Monitoring helps to identify good practices.
    It also helps to identify gaps in implementation and who need assistance.
    This help to keep the implementation process going on smoothly.
    Evaluation helps to understand the outcomes and impacts achieved.
    Evaluation provides understanding to decide adjusting existing programmes, planning.
    Provide a deeper knowledge of development policy issues, understand policy gaps.
    Assess the sustainability of impacts.

Maduka Perera
    Project Manager - Centre for the Study of Human Rights (CSHR)
    University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
    maduka19@gmail.com

Vote0
    W
    WYOSSATORN
    May 1, 2021, 2:35 PM
    This is very interesting scenario where there are two teams with different situations on their M&E plan - one has the already established M&E plan, while the other don't. Simple story and practical scenario. I definitely will walk through this session.

Vote0
    M
    MODIBO1
    May 1, 2021, 10:32 PM
    The importance of ME is a lot always for project, it permits not only to follow it but to evaluate it also and so on

Vote0
    M
    MODIBO1
    May 1, 2021, 10:38 PM
    The importance of ME is a lot always for project, it permits not only to follow it but to evaluate it also and so on

Vote0
    K
    KALANZA
    May 2, 2021, 7:20 PM
    The course is very helpful to education scholars seeking to monitor and evaluate education prohects

Vote0
    B
    BMAVHUNGU
    May 3, 2021, 2:02 AM
    So far so good. This is helpful in getting me to think about M&E not just from the perspective of the funder. Sometimes the funder may need some redirection as to what they are measuring on a project, and Module 1 is helping me think of what that might look like.

Vote0
    B
    BMAVHUNGU
    May 3, 2021, 2:04 AM
    Absolutely agree regarding transparency and accountability. The great thing about data is that it doesn't lie. Of course one needs to evaluate their own biases, but data is so key in adapting/changing course when needs be.

Vote0
    B
    BMAVHUNGU
    May 3, 2021, 2:05 AM
    Agreed! I feel the same.

Vote0
    M
    MARIKIREHEMA41
    May 3, 2021, 10:51 AM
    M&E is very important because it help us in writing plan for differnet projects

Vote0
    A
    AKMALJONAKHMEDJONOV
    May 3, 2021, 12:57 PM
    To my mind, MEH can count how much loan they give out along with a survey the nature of project where these loans are allocated. Also, another indication of success or failure can be obtained from the time when borrowers start returning the loans. In addition with final evaluation.

Vote0
    E
    ENAYATBALOCH
    May 3, 2021, 7:28 PM
    M&E helps in accomplishment of desired targets in a more efficient manner. The M&E keeps the whole working of the project in check so that the project remains on the track as planned. Constant monitoring or check on the indicators allow the managers to assess project achievements and bring changes (if any) as deemed necessary in the accomplishment of project goals. On the other hand, the monitoring helps in the collection of data or information which can then be used for periodic evaluation of the project goals. Hence, an M&E plan is necessitated for the success of any project.

Vote0
    T
    TEMURBEK
    May 4, 2021, 8:32 AM
    M&E is important because it helps an organization to have a clear direction and strategic guidance on how to implement its projects or programmes on the ground. In addition, M&E helps an organization to measure its impact and see whether its project or programme has become successful or not, and to make judgements on where was the weakness and strength.

Vote0
    A
    AKLIMACHY
    May 5, 2021, 7:13 AM
    M&E is important for smooth running the project and achieve the result

Vote0
    M
    MOHAMAN787
    6 days ago
    Every project is designed to realise specific results. I believe M&E enables any project to assess whether its initial set objectives and goals are achieved or not. Over the course of a projects lifecycle, parameters are selected and are regularly followed up and compared to pre-established goals which indicate expected results and outcomes.

Vote0
    J
    JOVITHAMUTTA
    5 days ago
    all these assignments should be submitted? and in which way?

Vote0
    I
    ISAKWISA
    4 days ago
    The Importance of M&E are the following:-

It help in Controlling the Project
    Help Making plan for the Project which will help the Fundraiser will use to Finance the Project
    It Provide the clear Information/Data on from starting, or during the Progress of the Project or at the end
    it Guarantee the Success of the project
    It Give clear View for the team
    But, I need to know:-
    How did M & E can help to make the Budget?

It helps in monitoring the progress of the proj

• Importance of M&E:

enables to know what the goals are.
    enables the beneficiaries know their status.
    enables to measure progress.
    M&E paves way for identifying and rectifying the mistakes.

• M&E helps us assess the progress of the project as well as determine its value for money

D
    1 Reply
    1. Ability to create a project plan

2. Identifying M&E indicator

3. Determine project sucess

• M&E helps to give your project a specific direction. It serves as a guide towards achieving the project goal![alt text](image url)

• M&E helps the team to identify the right channels/activities in order to achieve the expected outcomes/outputs.

M&E guides on understanding the progress in achieving the set targets within an organization.

M&E assists in communicating any deviation from the planned activities in order to change interventions towards realising the set outcomes/goals.

• Some ideas for MEH monitoring and evaluation:

• First of all it should be defined what are the loan purposes, e.g. starting a business, covering for insurance, children education, etc.
    • Depending on the purpose the elements to be monitored will vary.
    • In general when given a loan it is important to record the number, the amounts, repayment rates, defaults, etc.
  • This is well understood

• M&E is essential for the success and also the future of a successful enterprise

• knowing the importance of any process is the first step to learn it.

• this topic is really good

• The importance of M & E will help you track progress, and find ways evaluate if you are off. Hence this will help you make better decisions. Decisions that are not just based on opinion but on evidence.

Having an M & E plan will help you show impact, and how activities lead to outcomes.

Further, having an understanding of risks and assumptions will help you to plan better to challenges that may rise!

• ignoring the importance of M & E will lead all the efforts and resources to be lost in the sea.

• First of all, Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH) doesn't have a clear M&E plan to show it to its donor. They are confused about how and where to start the program since they don't even have the goals and objectives of the program.

Therefore let's help them prepare an M&E plan for them.
    First of all carry out a baseline assessment of the program by collecting and providing the necessary data to guide strategic planning, to design and implement the program, which will help them to allocate, and re-allocate resources in better ways.

If the goal and objective are to boost the local economy and to enhance the well-being of the local people, they should, first of all, consider the type of business that suits the local market, where there is a constant cash floor. Seek assistance from the business that is already successful, request a copy of the cash flow of that particular business. That data/information could be useful. Also, conduct a simple market survey as a baseline assessment to assemble the data, or choose a period of time to carry out a trial project to assemble enough data to create an M&E plan for MEH. Based on your primary data collection draw up an M&E plan.

• M&E is essential for the success and also the future of a successful enterprise. In fact it is the for me the brains and the hands and feet of a business

• On my side I see that MEH have the assignment on knowing their specific targets people /companies would they want to borrow money from then and see if it is realistic to grow from that

• So M& E would be perfect first to be clear their goal and be able to break it down to specific objectives, then describe how specific are they going to see their goal be fullfilled through the specific activities they will perform

• Seriousely, i can deduced from the lecture that, M&E is a good parameter that gives good record during and after a project.

• To help you know how the project is doing

• M n E PROVIDES A RECORD OF EVENTS OF THE PROJECT DURING AND AFTER THE PROJECT

• If you are in this course, it is likely that you are already doing the difficult work of improving the world. If so, you know how confusing, complex and unexpected this work can be. It can be difficult to understand the causes of complex problems, whether specific solutions work, and why some projects succeed while others do not.

This course will prepare you to use facts and evidence to understand these puzzles. Specifically, this course will teach you how to make a plan to collect, manage and use project information (data). Before we get started, let’s learn a few important terms.

• Interesting choice of Project

• Monitoring a project is the. collection ofinformation on the project regularly in order to assess the performanceof the project over a period of time. this will help to decide whether the project is effective and how the resources are adequately utilized.Evaluation is an assessment of the extent to which the project has achieved its stated objectives as well as a measure of the level to which the outcomes can be linked with project intervention.
    Monitoring and Evaluation(M&E) are necessary measures in every project as it continuously assesses the project and ensures that resources are effectively used to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the project. M&E take place continously from the planning stage of the project till the end and ensures that all members of the team work in a synergy to ensure that that the project outcomes are linked with the stipulated intervention.

• Hi, my name is Baldeep and I'm from India. I have done masters in business management and have been working in social development sector from past four years. My objective to join this course was just to build my understanding on above topic.

• The Monitoring and Evalution provides the information to support project implementation with accurate, evidance-based reporting that informes management and decision-making to guide and improve project performance. It also demonstrate zhether or not the project has been carried out as agreed.

• After reading the example of MEH, I immediately rely it to the situation of many organizations that work without the M and E plan when dealing with projects . This may provides disasterous reports.

• On récolte les données à deux fins: le suivi et l'évaluation. Le suivi consiste à recueillir les données quotidiennement, hebdomadairement, mensuellement, et à utiliser ces données pour ajuster le projet. Quant à l'évaluation, elle consiste à comparer systématiquement les résultats obtenus aux plans du projet et à juger du progrès réalisé par le projet.

• what are the importance of M&E?

• Certainly M&E gives projects direction and increases the chances of success as it clearly states the goals and aims of the projects. It also states the project activities so that it helps project staff know what they are meant to be doing.

• M & E helps in checking the progress of project and in tracking the performance of the project to see if the project is progressing towards the intended goals. This provides room for improvement if the project is recorded to be not on track

• M & E helps in checking the progress of project and in tracking the performance of the project to see if the project is progressing towards the intended goals. This provides room for improvement if the project is recorded to be not on track.

• M&E Plan is important because it helps to specify precisely the objectives of the project, how the progress of activities would be measured, what is the impact of the project on benificiaries and how the project could be improved. The M&E plan helps to ensure the accountability to donors and partners.

• my organisation wants to help war displaced women create small biusinesse for tgemselves and for their families by training them and financing them through cooperative creations.

• m&E is vital for aligning all activities to meet donor requirements, i recall working under a project were M&E wasn't used, the project team ended up implementing activities out of the project scope and eventually strategic objects and the project goal were not met

• Monitoring and evaluation enable us to:
    1)To know how well the project is doing in terms of achieving the set objectives

1. To measure the progress of the project through evaluating feedback from clients or beneficiaries
      3 ) To catch a problem and make necessary changes
    2. To confidently compile an annual report for your funders and partners regarding the success of the project
    3. To plan on manner and method of data collection
      6)To improve on the project
    S
    1 Reply
  • MEH. The first step to set up a M&E plan is to review the logical framework of the project by clarifying and updating the project activities the expected results interms of target and specific objectives.

• Monitoring and Evaluation processes are the most important part from a Project Cycle Management as it allow us to analyse and measure to which extent our project is successful or have had an impact.

• M&E is important because it helps a person to identify whether the project are likely to be attained

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.