Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• This is very interesting scenario where there are two teams with different situations on their M&E plan - one has the already established M&E plan, while the other don't. Simple story and practical scenario. I definitely will walk through this session.

• The importance of ME is a lot always for project, it permits not only to follow it but to evaluate it also and so on

• The importance of ME is a lot always for project, it permits not only to follow it but to evaluate it also and so on

• The course is very helpful to education scholars seeking to monitor and evaluate education prohects

• So far so good. This is helpful in getting me to think about M&E not just from the perspective of the funder. Sometimes the funder may need some redirection as to what they are measuring on a project, and Module 1 is helping me think of what that might look like.

• Absolutely agree regarding transparency and accountability. The great thing about data is that it doesn't lie. Of course one needs to evaluate their own biases, but data is so key in adapting/changing course when needs be.

• Agreed! I feel the same.

• M&E is very important because it help us in writing plan for differnet projects

• To my mind, MEH can count how much loan they give out along with a survey the nature of project where these loans are allocated. Also, another indication of success or failure can be obtained from the time when borrowers start returning the loans. In addition with final evaluation.

• M&E helps in accomplishment of desired targets in a more efficient manner. The M&E keeps the whole working of the project in check so that the project remains on the track as planned. Constant monitoring or check on the indicators allow the managers to assess project achievements and bring changes (if any) as deemed necessary in the accomplishment of project goals. On the other hand, the monitoring helps in the collection of data or information which can then be used for periodic evaluation of the project goals. Hence, an M&E plan is necessitated for the success of any project.

• M&E is important because it helps an organization to have a clear direction and strategic guidance on how to implement its projects or programmes on the ground. In addition, M&E helps an organization to measure its impact and see whether its project or programme has become successful or not, and to make judgements on where was the weakness and strength.

• M&E is important for smooth running the project and achieve the result

• Every project is designed to realise specific results. I believe M&E enables any project to assess whether its initial set objectives and goals are achieved or not. Over the course of a projects lifecycle, parameters are selected and are regularly followed up and compared to pre-established goals which indicate expected results and outcomes.

• all these assignments should be submitted? and in which way?

• The Importance of M&E are the following:-

1. It help in Controlling the Project
    2. Help Making plan for the Project which will help the Fundraiser will use to Finance the Project
    3. It Provide the clear Information/Data on from starting, or during the Progress of the Project or at the end
    4. it Guarantee the Success of the project
    5. It Give clear View for the team

But, I need to know:-
    How did M & E can help to make the Budget?

• It helps in monitoring the progress of the project,
    It helps in evaluation of how much money the project has taken or how long the project is going to last

• the purpose of monitoring and evaluation is to trackAt the global level, it is a tool for identifying and documenting successful programmes and approaches and tracking progress toward common indicators across related projects. Monitoring and evaluation forms the basis of strengthening understanding around the many multi-layered factors underlying violence against women, women’s experiences with such violence, and the effectiveness of the response at the service provider, community, national and international level. implementation and outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of programmes.

• Monitoring and evaluation are critical for building a strong, global evidence base around violence against women and for assessing the wide, diverse range of interventions being implemented to address it. At the programme level, the purpose of monitoring and evaluation is to track implementation and outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of programmes

• M & E is very important for any project. Monitoring is the process to know how well the project activities achieves the tproject objectives and what changes done in outcome to link the project interventions. Evaluation is essential to measure the progress of the project

• what are the implications of not having m&e plan.

• monitoring and evaluation is estential since it will make the process effective and provide for more ideas ahead and asses the risks.

• yes, it is true

• M&E to evaluate and plan projects better and efficiently

• yes, true that

• I feel this is a very good and important topic

• helps to asses the progress of program
    helps to measure the input and output

• Monitoring helps to observe regularly to what extent action plans are implemented and to do adjustments.
    Monitoring helps to understand the progress on the goals. Help the team to be dedicated and to plan actions.
    Monitoring helps to identify good practices.
    It also helps to identify gaps in implementation and who need assistance.
    This help to keep the implementation process going on smoothly.
    Evaluation helps to understand the outcomes and impacts achieved.
    Evaluation provides understanding to decide adjusting existing programmes, planning.
    Provide a deeper knowledge of development policy issues, understand policy gaps.
    Assess the sustainability of impacts.

Maduka Perera
    Project Manager - Centre for the Study of Human Rights (CSHR)
    University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
    maduka19@gmail.com

Vote0
    W
    WYOSSATORN
    May 1, 2021, 2:35 PM
    This is very interesting scenario where there are two teams with different situations on their M&E plan - one has the already established M&E plan, while the other don't. Simple story and practical scenario. I definitely will walk through this session.

Vote0
    M
    MODIBO1
    May 1, 2021, 10:32 PM
    The importance of ME is a lot always for project, it permits not only to follow it but to evaluate it also and so on

Vote0
    M
    MODIBO1
    May 1, 2021, 10:38 PM
    The importance of ME is a lot always for project, it permits not only to follow it but to evaluate it also and so on

Vote0
    K
    KALANZA
    May 2, 2021, 7:20 PM
    The course is very helpful to education scholars seeking to monitor and evaluate education prohects

Vote0
    B
    BMAVHUNGU
    May 3, 2021, 2:02 AM
    So far so good. This is helpful in getting me to think about M&E not just from the perspective of the funder. Sometimes the funder may need some redirection as to what they are measuring on a project, and Module 1 is helping me think of what that might look like.

Vote0
    B
    BMAVHUNGU
    May 3, 2021, 2:04 AM
    Absolutely agree regarding transparency and accountability. The great thing about data is that it doesn't lie. Of course one needs to evaluate their own biases, but data is so key in adapting/changing course when needs be.

Vote0
    B
    BMAVHUNGU
    May 3, 2021, 2:05 AM
    Agreed! I feel the same.

Vote0
    M
    MARIKIREHEMA41
    May 3, 2021, 10:51 AM
    M&E is very important because it help us in writing plan for differnet projects

Vote0
    A
    AKMALJONAKHMEDJONOV
    May 3, 2021, 12:57 PM
    To my mind, MEH can count how much loan they give out along with a survey the nature of project where these loans are allocated. Also, another indication of success or failure can be obtained from the time when borrowers start returning the loans. In addition with final evaluation.

Vote0
    E
    ENAYATBALOCH
    May 3, 2021, 7:28 PM
    M&E helps in accomplishment of desired targets in a more efficient manner. The M&E keeps the whole working of the project in check so that the project remains on the track as planned. Constant monitoring or check on the indicators allow the managers to assess project achievements and bring changes (if any) as deemed necessary in the accomplishment of project goals. On the other hand, the monitoring helps in the collection of data or information which can then be used for periodic evaluation of the project goals. Hence, an M&E plan is necessitated for the success of any project.

Vote0
    T
    TEMURBEK
    May 4, 2021, 8:32 AM
    M&E is important because it helps an organization to have a clear direction and strategic guidance on how to implement its projects or programmes on the ground. In addition, M&E helps an organization to measure its impact and see whether its project or programme has become successful or not, and to make judgements on where was the weakness and strength.

Vote0
    A
    AKLIMACHY
    May 5, 2021, 7:13 AM
    M&E is important for smooth running the project and achieve the result

Vote0
    M
    MOHAMAN787
    6 days ago
    Every project is designed to realise specific results. I believe M&E enables any project to assess whether its initial set objectives and goals are achieved or not. Over the course of a projects lifecycle, parameters are selected and are regularly followed up and compared to pre-established goals which indicate expected results and outcomes.

Vote0
    J
    JOVITHAMUTTA
    5 days ago
    all these assignments should be submitted? and in which way?

Vote0
    I
    ISAKWISA
    4 days ago
    The Importance of M&E are the following:-

It help in Controlling the Project
    Help Making plan for the Project which will help the Fundraiser will use to Finance the Project
    It Provide the clear Information/Data on from starting, or during the Progress of the Project or at the end
    it Guarantee the Success of the project
    It Give clear View for the team
    But, I need to know:-
    How did M & E can help to make the Budget?

It helps in monitoring the progress of the proj

• Importance of M&E:

enables to know what the goals are.
    enables the beneficiaries know their status.
    enables to measure progress.
    M&E paves way for identifying and rectifying the mistakes.

• M&E helps us assess the progress of the project as well as determine its value for money

D
    1 Reply
    1. Ability to create a project plan

2. Identifying M&E indicator

3. Determine project sucess

• M&E helps to give your project a specific direction. It serves as a guide towards achieving the project goal![alt text](image url)

• M&E helps the team to identify the right channels/activities in order to achieve the expected outcomes/outputs.

M&E guides on understanding the progress in achieving the set targets within an organization.

M&E assists in communicating any deviation from the planned activities in order to change interventions towards realising the set outcomes/goals.

• Some ideas for MEH monitoring and evaluation:

• First of all it should be defined what are the loan purposes, e.g. starting a business, covering for insurance, children education, etc.
    • Depending on the purpose the elements to be monitored will vary.
    • In general when given a loan it is important to record the number, the amounts, repayment rates, defaults, etc.
  • This is well understood

• M&E is essential for the success and also the future of a successful enterprise

• knowing the importance of any process is the first step to learn it.

• this topic is really good

• The importance of M & E will help you track progress, and find ways evaluate if you are off. Hence this will help you make better decisions. Decisions that are not just based on opinion but on evidence.

Having an M & E plan will help you show impact, and how activities lead to outcomes.

Further, having an understanding of risks and assumptions will help you to plan better to challenges that may rise!

• ignoring the importance of M & E will lead all the efforts and resources to be lost in the sea.

• First of all, Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH) doesn't have a clear M&E plan to show it to its donor. They are confused about how and where to start the program since they don't even have the goals and objectives of the program.

Therefore let's help them prepare an M&E plan for them.
    First of all carry out a baseline assessment of the program by collecting and providing the necessary data to guide strategic planning, to design and implement the program, which will help them to allocate, and re-allocate resources in better ways.

If the goal and objective are to boost the local economy and to enhance the well-being of the local people, they should, first of all, consider the type of business that suits the local market, where there is a constant cash floor. Seek assistance from the business that is already successful, request a copy of the cash flow of that particular business. That data/information could be useful. Also, conduct a simple market survey as a baseline assessment to assemble the data, or choose a period of time to carry out a trial project to assemble enough data to create an M&E plan for MEH. Based on your primary data collection draw up an M&E plan.

• M&E is essential for the success and also the future of a successful enterprise. In fact it is the for me the brains and the hands and feet of a business

• On my side I see that MEH have the assignment on knowing their specific targets people /companies would they want to borrow money from then and see if it is realistic to grow from that

• So M& E would be perfect first to be clear their goal and be able to break it down to specific objectives, then describe how specific are they going to see their goal be fullfilled through the specific activities they will perform

• Seriousely, i can deduced from the lecture that, M&E is a good parameter that gives good record during and after a project.

• To help you know how the project is doing

• M n E PROVIDES A RECORD OF EVENTS OF THE PROJECT DURING AND AFTER THE PROJECT

• If you are in this course, it is likely that you are already doing the difficult work of improving the world. If so, you know how confusing, complex and unexpected this work can be. It can be difficult to understand the causes of complex problems, whether specific solutions work, and why some projects succeed while others do not.

This course will prepare you to use facts and evidence to understand these puzzles. Specifically, this course will teach you how to make a plan to collect, manage and use project information (data). Before we get started, let’s learn a few important terms.

• Interesting choice of Project

• Monitoring a project is the. collection ofinformation on the project regularly in order to assess the performanceof the project over a period of time. this will help to decide whether the project is effective and how the resources are adequately utilized.Evaluation is an assessment of the extent to which the project has achieved its stated objectives as well as a measure of the level to which the outcomes can be linked with project intervention.
    Monitoring and Evaluation(M&E) are necessary measures in every project as it continuously assesses the project and ensures that resources are effectively used to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the project. M&E take place continously from the planning stage of the project till the end and ensures that all members of the team work in a synergy to ensure that that the project outcomes are linked with the stipulated intervention.

• Hi, my name is Baldeep and I'm from India. I have done masters in business management and have been working in social development sector from past four years. My objective to join this course was just to build my understanding on above topic.

• The Monitoring and Evalution provides the information to support project implementation with accurate, evidance-based reporting that informes management and decision-making to guide and improve project performance. It also demonstrate zhether or not the project has been carried out as agreed.

• After reading the example of MEH, I immediately rely it to the situation of many organizations that work without the M and E plan when dealing with projects . This may provides disasterous reports.

• On récolte les données à deux fins: le suivi et l'évaluation. Le suivi consiste à recueillir les données quotidiennement, hebdomadairement, mensuellement, et à utiliser ces données pour ajuster le projet. Quant à l'évaluation, elle consiste à comparer systématiquement les résultats obtenus aux plans du projet et à juger du progrès réalisé par le projet.

• what are the importance of M&E?

• Certainly M&E gives projects direction and increases the chances of success as it clearly states the goals and aims of the projects. It also states the project activities so that it helps project staff know what they are meant to be doing.

• M & E helps in checking the progress of project and in tracking the performance of the project to see if the project is progressing towards the intended goals. This provides room for improvement if the project is recorded to be not on track

• M & E helps in checking the progress of project and in tracking the performance of the project to see if the project is progressing towards the intended goals. This provides room for improvement if the project is recorded to be not on track.

• M&E Plan is important because it helps to specify precisely the objectives of the project, how the progress of activities would be measured, what is the impact of the project on benificiaries and how the project could be improved. The M&E plan helps to ensure the accountability to donors and partners.

• my organisation wants to help war displaced women create small biusinesse for tgemselves and for their families by training them and financing them through cooperative creations.

• m&E is vital for aligning all activities to meet donor requirements, i recall working under a project were M&E wasn't used, the project team ended up implementing activities out of the project scope and eventually strategic objects and the project goal were not met

• Monitoring and evaluation enable us to:
    1)To know how well the project is doing in terms of achieving the set objectives

1. To measure the progress of the project through evaluating feedback from clients or beneficiaries
      3 ) To catch a problem and make necessary changes
    2. To confidently compile an annual report for your funders and partners regarding the success of the project
    3. To plan on manner and method of data collection
      6)To improve on the project
    S
    1 Reply
  • MEH. The first step to set up a M&E plan is to review the logical framework of the project by clarifying and updating the project activities the expected results interms of target and specific objectives.

• Monitoring and Evaluation processes are the most important part from a Project Cycle Management as it allow us to analyse and measure to which extent our project is successful or have had an impact.

• M&E is important because it helps a person to identify whether the project are likely to be attained

• its hard to ignore the importance of M&E in development work. There is a constant need to learn from experiences and identify best practices. Not to mention limited resources; there is a need to learn how to use resources efficiently and effectively.

• M&E is important because it provides consolidated sources of information showcasing project progress which is very important for the success of a project, generates reports with transparency and accountability which can be shared with donors and other stakeholders, identifies mistakes and suggests the pathways for improvement and learning, also form a means to create a link between implementer and beneficiaries on the ground and decision-makers.

• M&E is important for the overall improvement of the program. M&E helps in reporting and accountability. It's also vital for provision of data to stakeholders

• M&E is important for the overall improvement of the program. M&E helps in reporting and accountability. It's also vital for provision of data to stakeholders.

• M&E plan helps you with a good project plan and a proper way of tracking your project

• Very good start, fantastic explanation!

• They could measure how many loans, what age were the girls, how long they took to pay, if they pay, interest rates, etc.

• Monitoring and Evaluation is part of project management. Having a good M&E system contribute obviously to the achievement of project goals. Each stage of project cycle is intimately linked to a M&E task. While monitoring enable to track to progress of project, evaluation help to answer whether project goals have been met and what can be do differently for next time (lessons learned).

• M&E can help us to measure the progression of project's activities and achieve the project's obective. In addition, it can help us to operating the activities drives smoothly and efficiently

• Monitoring and evaluation together provide the necessary data to guide strategic planning, to design and implement programmes and projects, and to allocate, and re-allocate resources in better ways. It increases efficiency and effectiveness.

• M&E can help us to measure the progression of project's activities and acheives the gaol of project's objective. In addition, it can support the activities drive smoothly and efficiently.

• To track the progress of the project and to make formal decisions on how effective the project will be and how efficient the use of resources will be, there must be an exercise of monitoring. on the hand to know how activities achieved the project objectives and to link the interventions to the changes of the outcomes, there must be an exercise of Evaluation. combining the two exercise it means there must be Monitoring and Evaluation which can not be done without its plan. so the M&E plan is of paramount importance to register proper tracking of the project's progress.

• the importance of M&E makes me understand manage project content to measure the processess

• At the beginning it is paramount to see which previous information about the tageted beneficiaries are avaible, so that we can draw the picture of their situation according to the field of the project (in this case the financial skills of women in Kenya). After that, it would be possible to try to understand in which way the action (giving loans) could have an impact on their situatuation (how an imput, as a loan, can create an improvement on women's life), and later on select which indicators can give us the proper information about the impact of the project.

• The two clear fictional examples of the GOOD and MEH projects on M&E are very clear and depict the real problems that projects are facing on the ground. At the onset, they are mind openers on what I am about to learn. Thanks

• Having an M&E plan really helps in putting main issues into perspective. You also have something to fall back on when a project is not going well to see areas that need to be worked on to bring out the desired results.

• Monitoring and evaluation provide's informations on what an intervention is doing, how well it is performing and whether it is achieving its aims and objectives guidance on future intervention activities. its An important part of accountability to funding agencies and stakeholders.

• Monitoring and evaluation provide's informations on what an intervention is doing, how well it is performing and whether it is achieving its aims and objectives guidance on future intervention activities. its An important part of accountability to funding agencies and stakeholders.

• This is indeed a good topic

• Monitoring simply means tracking the progression and activities of an ongoing project.

Evaluation means checking the positive impact, strategically learning and improving an ongoing projects, to ensure it's sustainability.

• Hello,

I think M&E is extremely important because it does not only give ways of measurement about the project's activities and results, it also helps to understand the project's functions or project's organization by providing a general view of the project's intervention.

Regards,

José Luis

• The GOOD initiative, stands to not only benefit the donors but also the government and local population, through the data collected, before (baseline survey) and after (evaluation), changes in outcome in the lives of girls as well as their perception in terms of money and economic decision making will most likely be noticed. This in turn can help the girls take loans and develop.
    A good M&E plan, is as good as the team in the planning, the individuals in the MEH project could not come to a decision and thus the entire process faulters.

• It demonstrates how project/ programme efforts have had a measurable impact on expected outcomes and have been implemented effectively

• What are the basic importance of M&E in our daily lives

• What are the basic importance of M&E in our daily lives

• I am in the early phase of planning a project and as I ask "how will we know we have succeeded?" I begin to see the importance of having an M&E plan right from the start.

• Monitoring and evaluation helps with identifying the most valuable and efficient use of resources. ... Monitoring and evaluation together provide the necessary data to guide strategic planning, to design and implement programmes and projects, and to allocate, and re-allocate resources in better ways

• `It is a good tool when it comes to Planning and actualization

• it has added great confident in my profesional approach in project management

• M&E will help details you and your activities before your Donors

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.