Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @stefadadex said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

creating an M&E plan provides detailed reviews, gives a clear picture of if the project is successful or not. the results of an M&E plan will determine if there will need to change some tactics or improve on the strategies implement.

that it the M&E plan will guide you through the life of the project

• @audreymatayi said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M & E plan in-order to make sure that your goals for the project are measurable and to determine whether their project is a success or not. Donor funding can be guaranteed if results of the project are clearly stated and presented.

I agree with your points. I also think M&E plans present a systematic method by which organized data can be collected

N
    1 Reply
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because it is important to track the progress of the Outputs. It helps you to identify the stakeholders list, area of scope and the time frame. Having a logframe with the defined indicators and assigning the team members responsible to implement it; 1. You will make sure that project is implemented in a cost-effective manner 2. Each decision will be weighed before it is made. 3. You and your team will know where you are heading and what outcomes you are about to achieve if the M& E plan is implemented. By providing right and timely data for the donors and partners you will gain the support of both which will ensure the prolongation and confession of the project

• @Course_Operations said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 1.

Imagine that you are GOOD’s project manager. You are trying to convince MEH’s project manager to create an M&E plan. In the discussion forum, explain what you would you say to MEH’s project manager.

Sample Post: I think that you should create an M&E plan because __________ .

Respond to at least two of your peers’ messages. Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?

I think that you should create an M&E plan because creating an M&E plan is paramount to be able to measure the progress made in the MEH project, to assess and discover areas of improvement/adjustment in the project plan and to ensure that the funds provided by the funders and partners are used for the project judiciously.
    In addition we need the M&E plan to assay the impact of the MEH project on the beneficiaries (girls in Kenya), were the girls able to assess the loans, how many girls assessed the loans, were the objectives of the project achieved?
    All these will be easy to determine if we have a good M&E plan.

• That's a good point! Regular monitoring will serve as an archive of all project achievements!1

• However it is important to note that M&E plan is needed not only to please the donor but to track the results in a certain period of the project implementation

R
    1 Reply
  • I think MEH should create an M&E plan because it will help them to measure their day to day progress in achieving set goals, also it will help in identifying loopholes and seek corrections or ways to improve.

Imagine that you are GOOD’s project manager. You are trying to convince MEH’s project manager to create an M&E plan. In the discussion forum, explain what you would you say to MEH’s project manager.

Respond to at least two of your peers’ messages. Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?

I think you should create an M&E plan promptly before implementing the project activities and communicating with the donors because it will highly impacted on the decision of the donors. Donors require sufficient data about all cases so that it is crucial to create your M&P plan to be able to control your long term plan for the entire phases of the project and include any required changes for the plan.

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because it will:

-give a clear picture of project goals and objectives or expected outcomes

• who will be responsible for what
      -how data/information will be collected and analysed
      -how and to whom the results will be communicated, and
      -it points out lessons learnt and areas of improvement.
  • @khalil114 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M& E is very important because it helps to measure the level of the success of the project as well as correct the mistakes that can undermine the efficiency of the activities. In other-hand M & E helps to track the transparency and accountability of the project.

I totally agree with you that M&E helps to measure the level of the success for the project and correcting the mistakes. In addition, it will increase the decision acceptance average by the donors.

• An M&E plan being able to address the successes and the failures of a project in a transparent and courageous way is one of the strong points for me in defining the importance of an M&E plan.
    Thanks for your insight.

• @Guzal said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

However it is important to note that M&E plan is needed not only to please the donor but to track the results in a certain period of the project implementation

I utterly agree with you that M&E is required to track the results in a certain period of the project. In addition, it will be supporter for taking new divisions for improving.

• @Kwesi1992 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Tonyful said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@oolacosmas said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Good morning/Afternoon or Evening whatever time it is, Manager i was thinking you should create an M&E plan because;- assess the stakeholders’ understanding of the project;
    -You will be able minimize the risk of project failure;
    -Promote systematic and professional management; and
    -Assess progress in implementation.
    -It will assists you to determine the degree of achievement of the objectives.
    -Determine and identify the problems associated with programme planning and implementation.
    -It will generate data that allows for cumulative learning which, in turn, contributes to better designed
    programmes, improved management and a better assessment of their impact.
    -It assists in the reformulation of objectives, policies, and strategies in projects

Good day @oolacosmas, I think it you have said it well. The main aim of creating an M&E is to monitor and evaluate MEH's project, using holistic tools designed by experts in the M&E profession, eliminating bias to generate credible data that both donors and beneficiaries will believe. Only thus would MEH hope for its future survival.

@oolacosmas indeed simply well put. no additions or subtractions.

An M&E plan being able to address the successes and the failures of a project in a transparent and courageous way is one of the strong points for me in defining the importance of an M&E plan.
    Thanks for your insight.

O
    1 Reply
  • giving direction to the project and define clearly how the various project indicators should be measured

• Because its very vital to monitor the project activities, outputs, outcomes and evaluate its impact to ensure maximum benefits and achievement of its purpose and goals and as well to constantly track progress towards attainment of the project objectives.

• @Goldenpearldiamond said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Kwesi1992 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Tonyful said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@oolacosmas said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Good morning/Afternoon or Evening whatever time it is, Manager i was thinking you should create an M&E plan because;- assess the stakeholders’ understanding of the project;
    -Determine and identify the problems associated with programme planning and implementation.
    -It will generate data that allows for cumulative learning which, in turn, contributes to better designed
    -It assists in the reformulation of objectives, policies, and strategies in projects

Good day @oolacosmas, I think it you have said it well. The main aim of creating an M&E is to monitor and evaluate MEH's project, using holistic tools designed by experts in the M&E profession, eliminating bias to generate credible data that both donors and beneficiaries will believe. Only thus would MEH hope for its future survival.

@oolacosmas indeed simply well put. no additions or subtractions.

An M&E plan being able to address the successes and the failures of a project in a transparent and courageous way is one of the strong points for me in defining the importance of an M&E plan.
    Thanks for your insight.

i totally agree with your view, however, M&E plan in my view does not necessarily measure the success nor the failure of a project. rather, it is a road map on how M&E activities should or ought to be carried out

• my views are in line with these

• @oolacosmas said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I completely agree with everything that Oolacosmas has written here - especially the penultimate point about cumulative learning and how the M&E from this project could be shared across the organization to inform programmes.

I would add that the MEH manager should also create an M&E plan to monitor "mission creep" i.e. to make sure that the project is still working towards its objectives and is not beginning to address a related issue or cause unintentionally. The plan can also be a tool to assist and check financial management of the project.

• Because it is very vital to monitor the project activities, outputs, outcomes and evaluate its impact to ensure maximum benefits and achievement of its intended purpose and goals and as well as to constantly track progress towards attainment of the project objectives.

L
    1 Reply
  • @Asjawara said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M&E plan is crated at the beginning of any project. It is important to develop and M&E plan because:
    it provides a way to assess the crucial link between implementer and beneficiaries on the ground and decision-makers;
    M&E plan Clarifies program objectives, Links activities and their resources to objectives, Translates objectives into performance indicators and sets targets, Routinely collects data on these indicators, compares actual results with targets

And Reports progress to managers and alerts them to problems

M&E Plan gives information on where a policy, program or project is at any given time (or over time) relative to respective targets and outcomes. Monitoring focuses in particular on efficiency, and the use of resources.

Absolutely true! I particularly concur that M & E plans greatly help in ensuring effective team work & efficient use of resources

• @darcygray said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is debating.

I agree with everything that DarcyGray has written. However, I would also like to add/stress the importance of the M&E plan in allowing you to communicate the success of your project to the beneficiaries themselves and the community in which you are working (not just the donors). The girls are the ones taking risks and working hard to invest the money, and knowing the success of other girls' investments and the benefits to the community will support the sustainability of the project in terms of participation etc.

• @jmuthoni593 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

1.I think that you should create M&E because it will help to access short term and long term targets.
    2.Its helps to identify the flaws and limitations in the process.
    3.It will help to describe your projects activities and expected outcomes .
    4.It will ensure accountability of key stakeholders.
    5.Lastly, it will minimize the risk of project failures.

Thats in order, M & E ensures project accountability and help in minimizing possible failures!

• I think you should create an M&E plan because it helps monitor the progress of the project. Through an M&E one can see if they are progressing or not. It will also help because with the data collected you can present it and possibly receive more funding. And if the project is not doing well then you can see where the shortfalls are and come up with ways to improve those shortfalls.

1. An M&E plan is very important for your work, it helps you measure your impact as well as your progress
    2. Your partners and donors will need to know how viable your project has been over a specific period.

• @Ahmid said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@audreymatayi said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M & E plan in-order to make sure that your goals for the project are measurable and to determine whether their project is a success or not. Donor funding can be guaranteed if results of the project are clearly stated and presented.

I agree with your points. I also think M&E plans present a systematic method by which organized data can be collected

• Yon need to prepare M and E plan since it helps you to asses how well you are going against the project objective in advance.

• @MichaelTomoriBPharmMScMPH said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@darcygray said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is debating.

i agree with Darcygray, in addition to what he posted that is apart from communicating the success of your project to donors, it is also a way of ensuring accountability to funders. it will also show case the collection, collation and reporting of program reports and how your program will ensure timeliness and completeness of report to the funders

This is so true

• it is important to preparer for an M and E plan because it helps
    the donors to know how their microloans made difference
    and it also helps the beneficiaries to track on if they reached their goal
    and very importantly it is the reference point of the general project if it is succeeded or not

An M&E plan will help to assess if the project is achieving set targets. It will also check the relevance of the programme to the target group.

• @Samoys33 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan because it is necessary for you to determine if your project is achieving the objectives you set out for it. Also, at the end of your project, you, your funders and partners will be able to determine the success or failure of the project, as well as the areas you need to improve upon in subsequent similar projects.

I totally agree with you on this.With an M&E plan,you can determine how well your project has achieved its objective.

• There is need for MEH project to have a comprehensive M&E plan to help understands the progress of the project and measure the outcome against the desire results agreed with the funders.

• @Tenying said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it always helpful to collect data to monitor progress and for reporting. It is also important to have an M&E plan for improvement and development. By collecting data one can work on the gaps that needs to be filled to maximize the benefit of your clients.

I agree with your submission in terms of gaps to be filled.With an M&E plan,you can tell from the data collected if your project is deviating from the set objectives and consequently correct the gaps.

• You can track the project progress and find the best practice.

Also, you can reshape your future program incorporating the most successful intervention and best practice that will allow you to get highest benefit from your next development initiatives.

K
    1 Reply
  • Absolutely right, with an m&e plan, you can set a proper strategy on how to interact with the stakeholders.

• MEH has to apply the M&E in order to measure its performance and assess whether its resources are used in the line of the institution's. They do have to apply it to make sure that they present data that are prepared in the same way as their sister company's to the owners, partners...

• I think that you should have a M&E plan because it's a fundamental instrument which can help you to appreciate the evolution of your poject, the achievement of your targets and the satisfaction of these beneficiaries. It gives the specific indicators that enable your organisation and donors to appreciate the effectiveness of the poject team as well as the efficiency in the use of ressources.

A
    1 Reply
  • Goodday everyone,
    I suggest we need an M&E plan, not only to collect necessary information but also to track our progress and to enable informed decision to achieving our set goals. This is imperative for us as an organization to measure our impact and evaluate the efficiency of the strategies employed, if it is yielding results or need to be reviewed. Setting out an M&E plan a prior is a way to keep track of individual and project progress; it is also a concluding document that every donor is interested in to rate the acceptability of a Project.
    Thank you.

• @Otiti said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan to help you to identify the indicators and possible strategies for collecting data which is essential for our reporting and grant application. The plan highlights what should be measure, how it should measured,, people involved in the measurement and how long it should take for you to first.

I totally agree with your opinion

• MEH needs a monitoring and evaluation plan for the following key reasons
    A) To enable us collect project information from key sources regularly to measime the performance of our project.
    B) To have an idea of how well the MEH project has achieved and to spot challenges for adjustments.

• A M & E plan is very essential so as to know how much money was disbursed and also so as to know how many girls got loans and how effective are the loans in changing their livelihoods. It also shows what measure will MEH use so as to make girls access loans

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it helps you to monitor project progress. It also helps to ensure that key milestones are met and if not corrective action should be taken.

• I agree with JKURAMA

• Hello Dear All Learners
    Hope you all are preparing yourself for the course, I’m Zeb as a course ambassador for “Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation”. If you need any help regarding the course or want to link the course with your previous projects, such as education, community development, emergency related projects, etc. or you are entirely new student and no familiarity with Monitoring and Evaluation. Please let me know… I will try my best to help you
    Best of luck for all of you...

1 Reply
  • @Zeb said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Hello Dear All Learners
    Hope you all are preparing yourself for the course, I’m Zeb as a course ambassador for “Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation”. If you need any help regarding the course or want to link the course with your previous projects, such as education, community development, emergency related projects, etc. or you are entirely new student and no familiarity with Monitoring and Evaluation. Please let me know… I will try my best to help you

Thanks for your availability

1 Reply
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because you can get a way to measure the success or failures of your project. It is an important tool because all the features show you and your donors the achievements and offer you the opportunity of increasing the support and the project could grow at itself.

Hello, Great answer. Additionally. I could mention that an M&E plan will help you to introduce improvements and correct little failures getting feedback of it.

• @ChrisKuria said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Because it is very vital to monitor the project activities, outputs, outcomes and evaluate its impact to ensure maximum benefits and achievement of its intended purpose and goals and as well as to constantly track progress towards attainment of the project objectives.

Hello. It is a really good summary of ideas. Project tracking is the key!

Y
    1 Reply
  • I think you should create an M&E plan because it will help u define the direction of your project. The plan will help you to describe your projects inputs, indicators and result clearly and with that you can easily communicate your project results to your partners.

• MEH Project Manager must create an M&E plan because it will help him to track all the information during the activities and the same would be used monitor and evaluate if the project is going well or no. if the project is going bad, he can use the same data to track the main problems e correct right away and if the project is going well, it will allow him to communicate the success of the project to donors, which allowing him to continue to get funded. So any additional or feather funding depends on the success of project, which its improvement can be achieved by implementing or applying a good M&E plan.

G
    1 Reply
  • A M&E plan can be likened to a map while in the middle of a thick forest. Apart from the fact that it is required by the donor to fund the project, it is also essential to know the what, why, how, when and who of the project. Monitoring and Evaluation plan helps to ensure that a project is going as planned and what to do when unforeseen circumstances shows up. A M&E plan is the backbone of any project.

• I think you should create an M&E plan because it will assist in continuously assess the progress of the project, ensure implementation are consistent with timelines and ensure resources are properly utilized to achieve the set objectives and targets.

• Creating a Monitoring and Evaluation plan will will give you a structured way to state and be clear on what your project goals are and have ways to evaluate and measure to see what progress is being made on achieving those goals. This will also help you to see when and where interventions are needed to steer the project back towards its outcomes and goals set.

• I think you should create M&E plan because of the following aspects;

• Knowing the project's pros and cons in advance and have the opportunities to realign and implement the project
    • Set up indicator and target of project and regular monitor and evaluate that the project has reach or not
    • Data collection (How, Who, When, Where) and data analysis (How, Who, When, Where)
    • Reporting of donor with evidence based result measurement
  • M & E enables you to track progress of the original plan and also provides a platform for suggesting probable interventions in case the Project is not proceeding as initially planned. This also helps to streamline relations with any possible financiers of the project.

• @Ayanfe said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Course_Operations said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because there is great need to monitor the progress of the program and this can only be achieved if there are some standards set to which progress are to be monitored. With the help of M&E, indicators of things going wrong (against the set-out plan(s)) can be easily be discovered and an immediate solution can be proffer. Also M&E gives correct progress report that can boost the morale of the sponsors to want to go on with the program.

I agree. Without structure associated with M&E, it is difficult to achieve sustainable funding because your objectives and milestones are not clearly communicated or proven.

• Good morning, afternoon and evening which ever time it is at your place. My advice to MEH manager is to have monitoring and evaluation plans for his project because:
    1- Monitoring and evaluation help in understanding how the assistance and support that project provides to the beneficiaries.
    2- It allow the manager to compares the result of the project action with the strategic intents.
    3- It also guide the beneficiaries on how to progress well because they are always in touch with the Mel person.

• You should create M&E plan because it is an important part of the project to learn the progress of your project and to know the achievement after the project. And you can also measure the pros and cons of your project implementation.

• You will be able to measure your success, its like having a map of your program and you will be able to account for you activities.

1 Reply

I think you should create an M & E plan because:
    -You will be able to minimize the risk of project failure;
    -It will assist you to determine the degree of achievement of the objectives.
    -Determine and identify the problems associated with program planning and implementation.
    -It will generate data that allows for cumulative learning which, in turn, contributes to better-designed programs, improved management and a better assessment of their impact.
    -It assists in the reformulation of objectives, policies, and strategies in projects.

• I think you should create an M&E plane because It will help program staff decide how they are going to collect data to track indicators, how monitoring data will be analyzed, and how the results of data collection will be disseminated both to the donor and internally among staff members for program improvement.

S
    2 Replies
  • Course Facilitator

@STEPHANIE said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan to assist in tracking and assessing the results of the interventions throughout the life of a program. The data collected will ensure that the program is on track and to report on the results at the end of the program.

Hope you are doing well @STEPHANIE, I agree with you that M&E plan help to track performance overtime, and help also for decision making about the intervetion, Data also reveals

• Course Facilitator

@RBerrios said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@FeisalIssaHajiIdriss said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

The importance of monitoring and evaluating (or, controlling) in project management is the difference between holding on to your steering wheel while driving down the expressway.. or not.

Managing a project is like an aircraft pilot. 99.9% of the time, the aircraft is off-course, but by monitoring the appropriate instruments, the pilot brings the aircraft back on course (control), only to have it drift off-course once again.

M&E is also key to ensure the project meets expected impact.
    best,
    -Rolando

Yes, for organizational learning and accountability..

• Course Facilitator

@aymshelia said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plane because It will help program staff decide how they are going to collect data to track indicators, how monitoring data will be analyzed, and how the results of data collection will be disseminated both to the donor and internally among staff members for program improvement.

Okay @aymshelia, hope you are fine, M&E makes you also a better decision maker, because it helps you understand how your project is doing, so that you can make the right choices...

• Course Facilitator

@siphokazilubambo said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

You will be able to measure your success, its like having a map of your program and you will be able to account for you activities.

@siphokazilubambo, you know M&E reveals how much changes in outcome can be directly linked to a project's intervention, for your decision making....

• I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to track the steps, correct the mistakes swiftly and achieve the goals and objectives.

R
    1 Reply
  • I think and fully believe that M&E plan is a must to make the project successful. A project has a cycle and from the very beginning, we need to know how we correct our activities which can derail us from our objectives.

Specifically, M&E plan is an essential part of the project because it is the process of tracking our project work linking with objectives. Further, it is they process of knowing where we exactly are and what further deviation should take in our plan of actions.

Thus, we require preparing a M&E plan, making a M&E dedicated team that works for the success of the project. Also, a systematic M&E plan will help satisfy the donor needs, and prove us to be a professional organisation that has everything in place including M&E.

• I think MEH team should create an M & E plan because

• First, you can get up goal with specific target in figures
    • Accordingly, you will be able to set specific outcome and activities to meet those outcomes specified in exact figures
    • Having log frame analysis, you can then monitor project's progress
    • and you can also identify how well the goal has been met;
    • lastly, you will have facts and figures to support your project in front of donors and this will provide transparency and accountability.
    1 Reply
  • M & E plan helps to measure progress of the project.

• I think MEH should adopt M&E because they would be able to track their performance about a time frame , also assess what is working and what is not . From this it can be determine what change should be made to their project.
    M&E provides the only consolidated source of information show casting a projects progress.

• Good day ,i will suggest the manager takes on an M&E plans because
    -M&E helps in data generation that will allow for cumulative learning
    -it will assist in the reformulation of objectives
    -risk will also be minimized
    -it will help in identifying the targets of the project

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because it will enable you monitor how much each girl borrows, how long it takes to pay back the loans, evaluate the success or failure of the project

• Good afternoon to us all per my country time. Mr manager, as the saying goes 'failing to plan is planning to fail'. i think you should create an M&E plan because it will lay the fundation for your success and also provide checks incase of any difficulty. This plan will guide you as to what to

1. Collect as data and even the method to use in collecting,
    2. In decision making, either to give out loans or to start with a number of businesses.
    3. To be able to assess your progress your progress and failures
      In all presenting a report to your donars on will further pave way for their support.
  • I think MEH they should prepare M&E plan as it will help them to set targets and prepare indicators to measure those targets.

D
    1 Reply
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan so that you will be able to identify if the projects are contributing to reaching the organizational goals or advocacy. An M&E plan helps you measure the actual impact or influence the project have in comparison to what is desired. The results of an M&E plan will make you realize if the project is still relevant, or the necessary improvement to make achieving objectives more effective and efficient.

• @13081985 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to track the steps, correct the mistakes swiftly and achieve the goals and objectives.

I support this. An M&E plan will most definitely assist an organization improve the quality of projects and programs they provide, through identifying the things you already do correctly, and the things you will need to make some improvements on.

M&E provides room for convincing funders for further fundings to the project .

R
    1 Reply
  • @akon71 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Also, you can reshape your future program incorporating the most successful intervention and best practice that will allow you to get highest benefit from your next development initiatives.

Super true

D
    1 Reply
  • @MichaelTomoriBPharmMScMPH said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

i agree with Darcygray, in addition to what he posted that is apart from communicating the success of your project to donors, it is also a way of ensuring accountability to funders. it will also show case the collection, collation and reporting of program reports and how your program will ensure timeliness and completeness of report to the funders

Excellent! I completely agree with both of you. The aim of every project is to achieve result; this can be in any form as the case may be. M&E is vital as it not only show progress of a project, it also ensures that expected result(s) are achieved.

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because it would help to measure the progress of your project,track performances over time and give efficient use of resources. and it will help to also measure how well the project have achieved the project objectives.

1 Reply
  • @Course_Operations said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E :

I think that you should create an M&E plan because plans are essential but they are not set in concrete (totally fixed). If they are not working, or if the circumstances change, then plans need to change too.

A good Monitoring and evaluation plan are both tools which help your project or organisation know when plans are not working, and when circumstances have changed. They will give management the information it needs to make decisions about the project or organisation, about changes that are necessary in strategy or plans.

Through this, the constants remain the pillars of the strategic framework : the problem analysis, the vision, and the values of the project or organisation. Everything else is negotiable.

And remember getting something wrong is not a crime. Failing to learn from past mistakes because you are not monitoring and evaluating, is.

• Course Facilitator

@chikaifeanyi said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it would help you identify your goals, create steps to achieving them, and help you keep track of how close or far off you are from achieving them

@chikaifeanyi well articulated thought ..... but what type of monitoring and evaluation system does your organization currently use?”.

• Course Facilitator

@Tumpembosa said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think MEH they should prepare M&E plan as it will help them to set targets and prepare indicators to measure those targets.

@Tumpembosa Yes , indicators help to measure whether a project is progressing or otherwise? Also what type of monitoring and evaluation system does your organization currently use?”.

• Hi everyone.
    I thinlk The M&E Plan helps assess progress of the program toward achieving its goals and objectives. Thus, the M&E work plan is an important tool used by M&E officers for comprehensive planning on how to study and report on the program and its effects

• @Charlene_90 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Zeb said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Hello Dear All Learners

@Charlene_90 My pleasure to help all the learners... best of luck for your study...

R
    1 Reply
  • I think you should create and Monitoring and Evaluation plan because plans are essential but they are not set in concrete (totally fixed). If they are not working, or if the circumstances change, then plans need to change too.

A good Monitoring and evaluation plan are both tools which help your project or organisation know when plans are not working, and when circumstances have changed. They will give management the information it needs to make decisions about the project or organisation, about changes that are necessary in strategy or plans.

Through this, the constants remain the pillars of the strategic framework : the problem analysis, the vision, and the values of the project or organisation. Everything else is negotiable.

Getting something wrong is not a crime. Failing to learn from past mistakes because you are not monitoring and evaluating, is.

V
    2 Replies
  • Doing a project does not mean it will have an impact in people's life, but when monitoring and evaluation is done, it helps to plan and keep an eye on the project in terms of data, also to see the effect of such a project if the aim is met or not and where improvement is needed. .

A
    K
    2 Replies
  • I think you need to develop M&E plan to know the progress of activities and to know the completed activities whether is implemented correctly among indicators or not.

• @Kamoga said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M&E provides room for convincing funders for further fundings to the project .

Is it only because of funding M&E should be done? What of the impact on the people?

• @Zeb said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Charlene_90 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Zeb said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Hello Dear All Learners

@Charlene_90 My pleasure to help all the learners... best of luck for your study...

I think monitoring and evaluation should be a continuous thing, just like quality improvement cycle, where changes should be made, it should be made

I think that you should create an M&E plan because

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it will help assess progress of the program toward achieving its goals and objectives which will also help inform key stakeholders as well as program implementer.

P
    1 Reply
  • I think you should create M&E plan because you need getting data and information about beneficiaries numbers, reviews, rate, and changes in their lives that indicates how much the project is effective , measure progress,
    Comparison of inputs and results to verify that objectives and outputs are realized.

• @KV said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should start creating a M&E plan in order to determine whether your goals and objectives match with the goals of the girls you are trying to help. A M&E plan in important to determine the success of your project both for you as an organization and for the people you are trying to help. A M&E plan will allow you to identify misses and successes in an early stage, which allow you to adapt activities in order to meet the goals and objectives set in the first place.

nice point of view

• @remialag said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Doing a project does not mean it will have an impact in people's life, but when monitoring and evaluation is done, it helps to plan and keep an eye on the project in terms of data, also to see the effect of such a project if the aim is met or not and where improvement is needed. .

I agree , but impact to society needs lot of tools and techniques to achieve

What you just said is interesting. However, I think that they should also know that the M&E plan will also help them during the monitoring stage of the project, when they can easily take decisions to enter the necessary changes in the project activities, based on the M&E plan. It is also a good tool to measure the progress of the project.

• @draynte said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Yonis_Dayib said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@draynte said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Respond to at least two of your peers’ messages. Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed

Hi dear colleagues ,

As M& E Professional and personally we would conduct activities that require clear understanding and record. I think for an organization to successfully capture and execute a project/campaign M&E is important.

-It provides understanding to all the managers; of the processes and implementation.
    -imporves prepare impact analysis.
    -M&E makes the entire task more authentic - with data, records, information of stakeholders, etc.
    -To access the short term and long term targets.
    -To identify the flaws and limitations in the processes.
    -M&E plan of any project act provide substantial material for further research.

Abdirahman Omar Aynte

I hope you could create an M&E plan because,It will easily define what your project goals are and how you need to be measuring exactly like, the how many girl have got loans in 6 months, the M&E plan also helps to track the progress of the project and the direction its taking which helps to catch anything not going according to plan and rectify it immediately. An M&E Plan also helps measuring success of the project.

Yoenis Mohamed Dayib

Hi dear colleagues ,

As M& E Professional and personally we would conduct activities that require clear understanding and record. I think for an organization to successfully capture and execute a project/campaign M&E is important.

-It provides understanding to all the managers; of the processes and implementation.
    -imporves prepare impact analysis.
    -M&E makes the entire task more authentic - with data, records, information of stakeholders, etc.
    -To access the short term and long term targets.
    -To identify the flaws and limitations in the processes.
    -M&E plan of any project act provide substantial material for further research.

Abdirahman Omar Aynte

I find what you have said interesting to know about the M&E. However, I may also highlight the fact the M&E provides a clear understanding the project metrics before, during and after the execution of the project activities

I think that you should create an M&E plan because __________ .

I think you should creat an M&E plan because it will help your team understand what the ultimate goals to be achieved in the project.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.