Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• The theory of change is a tool that helps to illustrate the pathway of project/organization: what actions we need to take and what results we want to achieve.

• The goals of the Theory of Change process are:
    -To help identify solutions to address problems that inhibit progress
    -To help guide decision making on the best approach to take

W
    2 Replies
  • The following are the goals for theory of change:

1. To identify the project intermediate and long-term outcomes before deciding on activities that make them achievable.
    2. Theory of change enables us to come up with and test assumptions that support the project pathway for effecting change.
  • I love the simplicity with which you have identify the goals. Indeed, TOC facilitates and guides discussions during formative stages of project planning.

• I love the simplicity with which you have identify the goals. Indeed, TOC facilitates and guides discussions during formative stages of project planning. However, I would ,like to learn more about how you can use it to discuss hindrance to progress.

• A Theory of Change defines a process of planned societal change, from the assumptions that drive its design to the long-term goals it attempts to attain. Impact organizations that have developed a change theory do so to make it easier for them to find logical linkages between actions and outcomes.

• The biggest risk my organization faces is to think that we have everything figured out with respect to out interventions, preconditions, and the long term outcomes. Reasons for this assumption is failure to factor in uncertainties in underlying our plans. To avoid this, my organization shall endeavor to be a learning organization and hence develop a learning agenda which will ensure we have hypotheses to test at a given frequency

• The Theory of Change aids one in articulating how certain preconditions and intermediate actions can lead to an agreed change.

• The goals of Theory of Change is to clarify what are the changes that you intend to bring about, how you are going to bring those changes and how are you going to measure if those changes have led to your final outcome.

• The goal is to to promote social change.

• Theory of Change explains the process of change by outlining causal linkages in an initiative, i.e., its shorter-term, intermediate, and longer-term outcomes.

• The goals of the Theory of Change process are to create a framework to evaluate how efficient are the interventions to achieve change.

• A theory of change is a tool to help you describe a project’s pathway from the need you are trying to address to the changes you want to make (your outcomes) and what you plan to do (your activities).

• The goal of creating a theory of change is to help with the planning and evaluating social interventions
    Secondly, Using a theory in this way can
    help an organization structure its learning
    process, drawing out lessons that can improve
    its work, and it can also provide useful insights
    for the field.

• The goals of the Theory of Change process are to create clarity about the complex way the intended change is supposed to happen, to bring it close to reality and to develop a share understanding about it among stakeholders.

• The goal of theory of change in an organization is to help to describe project pathways from the need they are trying to address to the changes they want to make.

• The goal of the theory of change is to demonstrate how an organization or a program will achieve its vision by exploring activities involved.

• Theory of Change is a tool to help describe a project's pathway from the needs an organization is trying to address to the outcome.
    Theory of Change links organization's activities to the intending long term outcome

• To clearly define the longer term outcomes your firm wishes to achieve and the specific and measurable actions that need to be completed to get there.

• I agree that the clarity of interventions is necessary for all to be on the sme page

• A theory of change intends to describe project's pathway,the need one tries to address,the outcome and activities done to achieve the defined outcomes

• Create space to logically examine a particular program and context. Hypothesize. Encourage critical, creative, & empathetic thinking on how the world works and how programs may work, or fail to work, in that world.

• A theory of change is a tool to help you describe a project’s pathway from the need you are trying to address to the changes you want to make your outcomes and what you plan to do your activities.
    The theory of change process should help you consider and articulate the assumptions that lie behind your reasoning. [It should] address the question of why you think your activities will lead to the outcomes you want. It should also challenge you to develop clear aims and strategies and to explore whether your plans are supported by evidence.

• Theory of Chance describe with assumption how a project pathway leads to your outcomes

• Very clearly and simple definition. Thanks

• The goals of the Theory of Change process are to develop a method that a community group can use to think critically about what is required to bring about a desired social change.

• This is great!

• The goals of a ToC process are to help organizations understand their goals and the pathways to take to reach that goal

• The goals of a ToC process are to help organizations understand their goals and the pathways to take to reach that goal

• To demonstrate clarity on the change/impact we'd like to see in the communities we serve, the pathway to get there, and why it's important.

• A theory of change is one that aims to create a sustainable development to the lives of those whose lives are in dire of help.

• The goals of the theory of change are to help identify, clarify and measure impact that an organization hopes to achieve.

1. to help illustrate why and how an intervention to a problem is expected to happen and how to measure the change brought about by the intervention.
  • very well said

• A theory of change can be a helpful tool for developing solutions to complex social problems. At its most basic, a theory of change explains how a group of early and intermediate accomplishments sets the stage for producing long-range results

• The goals of the Theory of Change is to ensure that all the activities will lead to the outcomes that will lead to the main objective. Also we should mention our assumptions in order to avoid all the risks

• Theory of Change is a method that a community group can use to think critically about what is required to bring about a desired social change. It is a process designed to depict how a complex change initiative will unfold over time. It creates an illustration of all the various moving parts that must operate in concert to bring about a desired outcome

• Theory of Change is a method that a community group can use to think critically about what is required to bring about a desired social change. It is a process designed to depict how a complex change initiative will unfold over time. It creates an illustration of all the various moving parts that must operate in concert to bring about a desired outcome

• The goal of this task is to identify and sort all of the preconditions related to the ultimate outcome of interest into a pathway of change that moves linearly and chronologically toward the long-term goal.

F
    1 Reply
  • The TOC process is intended to help stakeholders or organisations envision social changes they want to achieve, define what the (intermediate) outcomes could be (and how to assess the latter) and also plan actions to take in order to trigger the process of change.

• The goals of the Theory of Change process, it is to explain how a given intervention or set of interventions are expected to lead to a specific developmental change, through a causal analysis based on existing evidence.

• The goal of the theory of change processes are to develop solutions to complex social problems. It gives a broad view of short and long term metrics to produce long range results for an organization.

• A theory of change bring clarity to a project on what the overarching goal is, what the intermediate objectives are to reach that goal (and how these will be measured), what activities are needed to achieve these intermediate goals and what assumptions underlies the whole TOC. It is not just a diagram, rather, it is a process by which to determine and shape how the organization thinks about their programme and how they will achieve their final goal.

• The goals of ToC are
    to make sure stakeholders and organization are trying to accomplish the same thing,
    to make sure everyone is clear of everything they are supposed to accomplish,
    to check whether we have necessary resources to implement the activities,
    to check whether there are conditions out of our control to produce outcomes,
    to plan, monitor, and evaluate your projects/programs.

• I believe the goals of the Theory of change are

1. To clarify assumptions and arrive at a defined outcome
    2. to make the development and goal achievement process of organisations very easy by clarifying all activities
  • The goal of theory of change is to enable the change process teams understand the desired ultimate change and how to achieve the change. Theory of change serves the purpose of defining and specifying the necessary interventions and the intermediate outcomes, also known as 'preconditions' and puts them in order that trails to the ultimate goal.

• The goal of theory of change is to demonstrate how and why changes take place.

• The goal of a theory of change is to explain how a group of early of intermediate accomplishment sets the stage for producing long term results.

• The theory of change is a methodology based on a diagram with multiple actions that will lead to specific changes to achieve the impact that an organisation aspires to. The team creates a strategic plan with the multiple changes that need to take place and the structured actions that will lead towards these changes/goals.

• The goal of a theory of change is to explain how a group of early of intermediate accomplishment sets the stage for producing long term results.
    i worry that my organization might confuse accountability with hope because the goal of the project may be bias and superficial

i worry that my organization might confuse accountability with hope because the goal of the project may be bias and superficial

• The Theory of Change is a process where the preconditions/outcomes are being set in order to address the existing needs. The Theory of changes present the interventions including indicators for each one of them which are necessary for achieving the long term outcome. Additionally, a completed Theory of change should also include assumptions that explain why the whole theory makes sense.

• The goal of Theory of Change is to clarify strategy to produce better outcomes.

• The Theory of Change consists of a set long-term goal, outcomes to achieve before long-term is accomplished, and indicators that include details on how to accomplish said outcomes; there are also assumptions that need to be addressed about the "why."

One of the most important objectives of the Theory of Change is to help draw out important details of a project that normally people would not consider, such as resources needed, man-power, short-term goals.

• I worry that my organization might fail to take external factors into account because my project team members tend to get carried away mostly in what we are presently doing in the organization.
    To avoid this, I will encourage my team members to work closely with like-minded partners and to pay attention to other external factors.

• The purpose of a theory of change is two fold: the first is to ensure everyone within an organization is on the same page for how to accomplish their goal. The second is to ensure that the goal we are working towards is not a moving target; there are specific enumerated benchmarks we are striving to attain that we believe necessary to achieve the end goal.

I worry that my org might confuse accountability with hope. We have lofty goals like improve feelings of safety within a neighborhood and that can feel hard to pin down with what we will do to accomplish (or work towards) this goal. To avoid this, I will as a facilitator remind people to tie their hopes with what we can do and unpack the assumptions we have about what we need to do that will automatically translate to neighborhood safety.

• providing a clear roadmap on how interventions leads to outcomes

• When designing Theory of Change, all the key stakeholders for the intended program must be around, and they must be precise enough about what they really want to achieve.
    Problems for such a case should be only identified through brainstorming with the community but experts in the field of the program should be a key subject.
    Secondly, confusing common terms like indicators, precondition, outcome map and many others must be precisely defined.

N
    1 Reply
  • The long term goal must be clear to everyone that world be engaged in designing the ToC.
    Consideration has to be given to assumptions as well.
    Right from the interventions till the long term goal, it's indicators must clearly defined and understood by everyone.

• Theory of change is a helpful tool to visualize the solutions to the complex
    social problems.

• A theory of change links the project activities to the desired project outcome or goals

• The goal of the Theory of Change is to produce a clear picure of what a project seeks to achieve, by presenting the path leading to that achievement.

• Theory of Change is getting excited

• The goal of a Theory of Change is to define how each of the intermediate outcomes contribute to the impact, using indicators to demonstrate how success will be measured at each stage. It also challenges assumptions made during this process, eliminating unnecessary outcomes to achieve the end goal.

• a case study to show a portion of a finished
    theory of change and a list of materials to bring to a planning session with a participants list that suggests the ideal composition of a theory of change building team for a community-based program or
    initiative;
    a glossary that could be distributed at the training sessions and a description of PowerPoint presentations
    that you can download from our web site

• The Theory of Change helps the organization to ensure that its activities are leading to the desired outcomes and are supported by evidence.

• The theory of change is the entire methodology for clarifying how an organization's activities link to outcomes. Road map to achieve organization objectives.

• Theory of change is the tool that is essentially used to describe the problem that is being addressed by an organization, activities that will lead to the desired outcome. In addition the theory of change explains how these outcomes will be measured.

• The theory of change gives intervention that will lead to the outcome or expected development change of a program

• In my opinion, the theory of the process of change is very effective and useful for reaching new goals. Because it helps us to achieve the new goals considered by the stakeholders.

• I think it is a good answer to this question

• My Name is Andrew Brima Kamara
    The greatest definition of the theory of change is to see how best process and activities in the organization comes to reality in my own organization.

• My Name is Andrew Brima Kamara
    The greatest definition of the theory of change is to see how best process and activities in the organization comes to reality in my own organization.

• Theory of change allows stakeholders to challenge the underlying logic of relationship between preconditions and planned interventions at planning phase.
    It also helps in knowing how resources will be used as well as developing a realistic picture of the complexity of the change process towards long-term results.

• The goal of the theory of change is to show how the intervention's impact passes through preconditions to the outcome for the targeted population

F
    1 Reply
  • A theory of change is a process designed to depict how a complex change initiative will unfold over time. It creates an
    illustration of all the various moving parts that must operate in concert to bring about a desired outcome

• The goal in creating a theory of change is to outline a pathway of change that illustrates the relationship between a variety of outcomes that are each thought of as preconditions of the long- term goal. In addition to that, you must also set indicators that allow the organization to best define what success is for each of those preconditions, present interventions that are used to bring
    about each of the preconditions on the pathway, and give assumptions that explain why the theory makes sense.

• The overall goal of using the theory of change model is to know the rationale behind the change. It clarifies how the change will happen when will happen and what kind of change will happen and to whom the project is aiming to bring changes. briefly saying, it explores the context and the problem and then shows us how to solve the identified problem.

• The goal of theory of change is to have a plan in addressing a problem where the necessary activities/services/products are being evaluated to elicit the right outcome thereby achieving the desired impact. In a nutshell, the goal is gives a clear, efficient, effective, concise and meaning strategy in achieving a desired outcome.

• A theory of a change is a common understanding of the journey of an organization from start to end. What they need to do, what they will get and what they will achieve in the whole process.

• A theory of change is a demonstration of an organizations journey from start to end. What they need to do so as to know what they will get or achievement.

• Theory of Change shows the picture or diagram of what changes we want, provide us with why we want the changes, and connects how we are going to affect these changes to achieve our outcomes or goals.

• A theory of change is a demonstration of an organizations journey from start to end. What they need to do so as to know what they will get or achievement.

• Goal the ultimate result that the project/pregame intended to achieve.

• The goal of theory of change is to plan the project in the way that result the efficiency and effectiveness During /after implementation

• The goals of the Theory of Change process are

1. To depict how a complex change initiative will unfold over time.
    2. It creates an illustration of all the various moving parts that must operate in concert to bring about a desired outcome.
    3. It creates buy-in as stakeholders have influence during the process
    4. It ensures underlying beliefs of the stakeholders come to light

I noted down from the read: " After participating in the theory-building process, all stakeholders should be on the same
    page about what they are trying to accomplish, the outcomes that must be reached to be successful, how the
    outcomes will be measured, and what actions they are going to have to take to bring all of this change about.

F
    1 Reply
  • The goal of theory of change is to provide map on how activities can lead to outcome.

• Theory of change provides a clear framework for and thinking behind an intervention.
    Theory of change provides a logical approach that interventions intend to follow to deliver an ultimate outcome.

• Your response doesn't clearly give plausible meaning for theory of change which is what the task asks. Theory of change is the holistic thinking behind and about the intended change.

• Your feedback is apt. ToC as you correctly put decomposes the desired outcome and interventions then creates a workable link between them. It breaks a complex problem into pieces then links them to practical activities to ultimately produce a targeted outcome.

• You have failed to directly define the theory of change. Instead, you've narrowed down to its goal which can't adequately define it. A definition for ToC can't be complete without the mention of "interventions", "outcome", "problem"

• ToC process will help the organization be on the same page and project staff orient their resources and efforts better, therefore resulting in better development impact

• To focus our program
    To communicate strategy
    To produce better outcome
    To measure outcome

• Theory of Change (ToC) is a methodology or a criteria for planning, participation, adaptive management, and evaluation that is used in companies, not-for-profit, international development, research, and government sectors to promote social change.

• To describe and communicate intended long term impact/outcome and the relationship of activities and intermediate outcomes that lead to the overall desired change. Additionally, define & measure how (indicators) organization will know that the outcomes (intermediate and long-term) will lead to intended impact.

• The goals of the theory of change are to help all stakeholders get a shared understanding of what one is trying to accomplish through a formal process that helps to get everyone on the same page, in the know as to the the early and intermediate outcomes that must occur for success, how to measure these outcomes, what actions are needed to take, and any gaps in knowledge.

• Theory of change is a diagram that illustrate to show how outcomes are related to each other over the lifespan of
    the initiative. Theory of change is important for stakeholder to asking the question to consider the strategic plan.

• The goals of the Theory of Change process are to clarify and strengthen the logic of a program or intervention, to identify potential risks and assumptions that may affect its success, and to facilitate communication and collaboration among stakeholders. It aims to improve the effectiveness, accountability, and learning of organizations and individuals involved in social change efforts.

• Fiver wants to change children by three pathways and the outcome is that the children are developing as a member of the student body as residents of a community a citizens of a world

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.