Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• The goals of Theory of Change process are to find solutions to a problem and develop a clear path or guidelines on how to achieve the organizational goals and objectives.

• Theory of Change is a tool enabling to visualize the connection between the current problematic situation and the changed improved future situation. Specifically, Theory of Change enables the efficient and effective planning of the "changing" process through a clear explication of the underlying assumptions that lie behind the reasoning. The entire process enables the emergence of all the necessary and sufficient preconditions needed to achieve the identified outcome(s).

• The Theory of Change defines the long-term goal of any actions to be taken with the aim of producing a change in a specific field of application and in a long-term. It provides a map of all the preconditions, that need to be in place for the long-term change to occur.

• the goals of the Theory of Change process are the things the M&E team intends to achieve while developing a theory of change

• The goals of the Theory of Change are: to enable stakeholders to ponder additional questions and question underlying logic while developing a strategic plan; to force stakeholders to be explicit about how resources will be leveraged to achieve preconditions (intermediary goals) required on the journey to the long-term result; to build consensus and aligned understanding on how success will be documented; and to ensure refinement/critical analysis of areas of the strategy that may be vague.

• I do not belong to any organisation at the moment but I will refer to my previous job.
    One thing that my organisation didn't create a learning agenda, we never really took the time to sit and refresh our theory of change instead we just focused mainly on the logframe and updated it.

• The goals of the Theory of Change are: helping organizations focus on their programs, produce better outcomes, measure outcomes and communicate their strategies.

• A Theory of change is a process that communities can take to think critically about their long term goals for social change. The process includes identifying clear long term goals, outcomes and preconditions ( and assumptions of what is needed) to make their goals a reality.

• The goal of TOC is to communicate clearly how program activities will lead to impact

• The theory of change is a tool that helps to track the change from the project idea up to the measuring of impact

• Theory of change is a tool that describes how organizations' activities or interventions lead to long term outcomes or impacts.

• Theory of change is a tool that describes how organizations' activities or interventions lead to long term outcomes or impacts.

I worry that my organization might specify targeted population because final users are confusing groups. To avoid this, I will take the distribution channel into account.

• and clarify the assumptions made by

• To help the organization know the amount of work that needs to be done to achieve the desired outcome versus the amount of work that can be done with available resources.

• Theory of change is a strategic to way to ensure sustainablity and viability of a program. Thanks to it you able to make sure that the stragy used is responding to critical questions.

• Theory of change is the process of determining the impact your organization wishes to have and the activities that the organization must do and outcomes of those activities that will eventually have the desired impact

A
    1 Reply
  • Theory of change is a tool which provides a methodology to think through, write and represent the project's pathway from activityes, to preconditions, to long term outcomes. The main goals are to focus on the main outcome, clarify and communicate the strategy, produce better results, and measure them.

H
    1 Reply
  • This is a very clear response, thanks!

• A theory of change can be a helpful tool for developing solutions to complex social problems.

• The goal of theory of change process are pathways of shot term and log term outcomes through our activities.

• communicate the strategy towards the realization of a project goal.
    Its a tool used to measure outcomes.

• The main goal of Theory of Change is to map out how desired the change will happen, this includes pathways of change, outcomes assumptions and interventions as well as how success can be measured.

• The main goal of Theory of Change is to map out how desired the change will happen, this includes pathways of change, outcomes assumptions and interventions as well as how success can be measured.

W
    1 Reply
  • The goal of the theory of change process is to thoroughly assess actions in the planning, implementation and evaluation to maximize positive impact or outcome. It aims to see the reasoning of how and why a desired change will bring impact.

• The goal of ToC process is to make guideline to clear step in design a change movement. The guideline to make objective and systematic design. They have cross check in every step. That detail thing helps user to create effective activity that orientation to goal achieve. This’s design make sure each element; outcome, precondition, and intervention, has right connection, who support each other.

• The goals of theory of change are to identify what is needed for the change, reflect assumptions and risks, and identify partners and actors.

• The theory of change is a very useful tool that helps guide how, who and what is required to bring about
    a desired change in a more effective and efficient way.

• A theory of change is a description of why a particular way of working will be effective, showing how change happens in the short, medium and long term to achieve the intended impact.

• The theory of change can be considered as the masterpiece of every organization to attend the goal by establishing a good linking of the activities to the outcomes

• A theory of change (ToC) process aims to help teams understand how their interventions lead to the needed preconditions for them to actualize their goal. Through this process teams are able to articulate the assumptions that ground their model and different linkages within the pathway of change. ToCs also ensure that all team members align to the group think to ensure everyone is working towards the same goal. Ultimately, a good ToC will enable teams to implement, efficiently utilize resources and measure program success.

• I agree with you submission.

• The goals of the theory of change process are 1. to explore the key preconditions and interventions to solve a key problem that the organization have intended to solve and 2. track the progress to that goal.

• A theory of change helps you to identify the outcome and preconditions, indicators and interventions that are essential for your program to be successful and should be aligned with data collected. It is easy for you to understand and be aligned on how the programs should be run. And also it helps the team to articulate and discuss how to implement the program in keeping with its mission an goals.

I
    1 Reply
  • A theory of change is a tool to help me describe a project’s pathway from the need I are trying to address to the changes I want to make (my outcomes) and what I plan to do (my activities).

• Interesting to learn the process creating theory of change

• Interesting to learn the process of creating ToC

• The goals of the Theory of Change process seek to define all of the necessary and sufficient interventions required to bring about a given long term outcome. This activity creates a set of connected outcomes known as a “pathway of change”. A “pathway of change” explains the change process as it is understood by the initiative planners and is the foundation around which the other elements of the theory are developed.

• This is very clear and self explanatory.

• The theory of change is a tool that helps to illustrate the pathway of project/organization: what actions we need to take and what results we want to achieve.

• The goals of the Theory of Change process are:
    -To help identify solutions to address problems that inhibit progress
    -To help guide decision making on the best approach to take

W
    2 Replies
  • The following are the goals for theory of change:

1. To identify the project intermediate and long-term outcomes before deciding on activities that make them achievable.
    2. Theory of change enables us to come up with and test assumptions that support the project pathway for effecting change.
  • I love the simplicity with which you have identify the goals. Indeed, TOC facilitates and guides discussions during formative stages of project planning.

• I love the simplicity with which you have identify the goals. Indeed, TOC facilitates and guides discussions during formative stages of project planning. However, I would ,like to learn more about how you can use it to discuss hindrance to progress.

• A Theory of Change defines a process of planned societal change, from the assumptions that drive its design to the long-term goals it attempts to attain. Impact organizations that have developed a change theory do so to make it easier for them to find logical linkages between actions and outcomes.

• The biggest risk my organization faces is to think that we have everything figured out with respect to out interventions, preconditions, and the long term outcomes. Reasons for this assumption is failure to factor in uncertainties in underlying our plans. To avoid this, my organization shall endeavor to be a learning organization and hence develop a learning agenda which will ensure we have hypotheses to test at a given frequency

• The Theory of Change aids one in articulating how certain preconditions and intermediate actions can lead to an agreed change.

• The goals of Theory of Change is to clarify what are the changes that you intend to bring about, how you are going to bring those changes and how are you going to measure if those changes have led to your final outcome.

• The goal is to to promote social change.

• Theory of Change explains the process of change by outlining causal linkages in an initiative, i.e., its shorter-term, intermediate, and longer-term outcomes.

• The goals of the Theory of Change process are to create a framework to evaluate how efficient are the interventions to achieve change.

• A theory of change is a tool to help you describe a project’s pathway from the need you are trying to address to the changes you want to make (your outcomes) and what you plan to do (your activities).

• The goal of creating a theory of change is to help with the planning and evaluating social interventions
    Secondly, Using a theory in this way can
    help an organization structure its learning
    process, drawing out lessons that can improve
    its work, and it can also provide useful insights
    for the field.

• The goals of the Theory of Change process are to create clarity about the complex way the intended change is supposed to happen, to bring it close to reality and to develop a share understanding about it among stakeholders.

• The goal of theory of change in an organization is to help to describe project pathways from the need they are trying to address to the changes they want to make.

• The goal of the theory of change is to demonstrate how an organization or a program will achieve its vision by exploring activities involved.

• Theory of Change is a tool to help describe a project's pathway from the needs an organization is trying to address to the outcome.
    Theory of Change links organization's activities to the intending long term outcome

• To clearly define the longer term outcomes your firm wishes to achieve and the specific and measurable actions that need to be completed to get there.

• I agree that the clarity of interventions is necessary for all to be on the sme page

• A theory of change intends to describe project's pathway,the need one tries to address,the outcome and activities done to achieve the defined outcomes

• Create space to logically examine a particular program and context. Hypothesize. Encourage critical, creative, & empathetic thinking on how the world works and how programs may work, or fail to work, in that world.

• A theory of change is a tool to help you describe a project’s pathway from the need you are trying to address to the changes you want to make your outcomes and what you plan to do your activities.
    The theory of change process should help you consider and articulate the assumptions that lie behind your reasoning. [It should] address the question of why you think your activities will lead to the outcomes you want. It should also challenge you to develop clear aims and strategies and to explore whether your plans are supported by evidence.

• Theory of Chance describe with assumption how a project pathway leads to your outcomes

• Very clearly and simple definition. Thanks

• The goals of the Theory of Change process are to develop a method that a community group can use to think critically about what is required to bring about a desired social change.

• This is great!

• The goals of a ToC process are to help organizations understand their goals and the pathways to take to reach that goal

• The goals of a ToC process are to help organizations understand their goals and the pathways to take to reach that goal

• To demonstrate clarity on the change/impact we'd like to see in the communities we serve, the pathway to get there, and why it's important.

• A theory of change is one that aims to create a sustainable development to the lives of those whose lives are in dire of help.

• The goals of the theory of change are to help identify, clarify and measure impact that an organization hopes to achieve.

1. to help illustrate why and how an intervention to a problem is expected to happen and how to measure the change brought about by the intervention.
  • very well said

• A theory of change can be a helpful tool for developing solutions to complex social problems. At its most basic, a theory of change explains how a group of early and intermediate accomplishments sets the stage for producing long-range results

• The goals of the Theory of Change is to ensure that all the activities will lead to the outcomes that will lead to the main objective. Also we should mention our assumptions in order to avoid all the risks

• Theory of Change is a method that a community group can use to think critically about what is required to bring about a desired social change. It is a process designed to depict how a complex change initiative will unfold over time. It creates an illustration of all the various moving parts that must operate in concert to bring about a desired outcome

• Theory of Change is a method that a community group can use to think critically about what is required to bring about a desired social change. It is a process designed to depict how a complex change initiative will unfold over time. It creates an illustration of all the various moving parts that must operate in concert to bring about a desired outcome

• The goal of this task is to identify and sort all of the preconditions related to the ultimate outcome of interest into a pathway of change that moves linearly and chronologically toward the long-term goal.

F
    1 Reply
  • The TOC process is intended to help stakeholders or organisations envision social changes they want to achieve, define what the (intermediate) outcomes could be (and how to assess the latter) and also plan actions to take in order to trigger the process of change.

• The goals of the Theory of Change process, it is to explain how a given intervention or set of interventions are expected to lead to a specific developmental change, through a causal analysis based on existing evidence.

• The goal of the theory of change processes are to develop solutions to complex social problems. It gives a broad view of short and long term metrics to produce long range results for an organization.

• A theory of change bring clarity to a project on what the overarching goal is, what the intermediate objectives are to reach that goal (and how these will be measured), what activities are needed to achieve these intermediate goals and what assumptions underlies the whole TOC. It is not just a diagram, rather, it is a process by which to determine and shape how the organization thinks about their programme and how they will achieve their final goal.

• The goals of ToC are
    to make sure stakeholders and organization are trying to accomplish the same thing,
    to make sure everyone is clear of everything they are supposed to accomplish,
    to check whether we have necessary resources to implement the activities,
    to check whether there are conditions out of our control to produce outcomes,
    to plan, monitor, and evaluate your projects/programs.

• I believe the goals of the Theory of change are

1. To clarify assumptions and arrive at a defined outcome
    2. to make the development and goal achievement process of organisations very easy by clarifying all activities
  • The goal of theory of change is to enable the change process teams understand the desired ultimate change and how to achieve the change. Theory of change serves the purpose of defining and specifying the necessary interventions and the intermediate outcomes, also known as 'preconditions' and puts them in order that trails to the ultimate goal.

• The goal of theory of change is to demonstrate how and why changes take place.

• The goal of a theory of change is to explain how a group of early of intermediate accomplishment sets the stage for producing long term results.

• The theory of change is a methodology based on a diagram with multiple actions that will lead to specific changes to achieve the impact that an organisation aspires to. The team creates a strategic plan with the multiple changes that need to take place and the structured actions that will lead towards these changes/goals.

• The goal of a theory of change is to explain how a group of early of intermediate accomplishment sets the stage for producing long term results.
    i worry that my organization might confuse accountability with hope because the goal of the project may be bias and superficial

i worry that my organization might confuse accountability with hope because the goal of the project may be bias and superficial

• The Theory of Change is a process where the preconditions/outcomes are being set in order to address the existing needs. The Theory of changes present the interventions including indicators for each one of them which are necessary for achieving the long term outcome. Additionally, a completed Theory of change should also include assumptions that explain why the whole theory makes sense.

• The goal of Theory of Change is to clarify strategy to produce better outcomes.

• The Theory of Change consists of a set long-term goal, outcomes to achieve before long-term is accomplished, and indicators that include details on how to accomplish said outcomes; there are also assumptions that need to be addressed about the "why."

One of the most important objectives of the Theory of Change is to help draw out important details of a project that normally people would not consider, such as resources needed, man-power, short-term goals.

• I worry that my organization might fail to take external factors into account because my project team members tend to get carried away mostly in what we are presently doing in the organization.
    To avoid this, I will encourage my team members to work closely with like-minded partners and to pay attention to other external factors.

• The purpose of a theory of change is two fold: the first is to ensure everyone within an organization is on the same page for how to accomplish their goal. The second is to ensure that the goal we are working towards is not a moving target; there are specific enumerated benchmarks we are striving to attain that we believe necessary to achieve the end goal.

I worry that my org might confuse accountability with hope. We have lofty goals like improve feelings of safety within a neighborhood and that can feel hard to pin down with what we will do to accomplish (or work towards) this goal. To avoid this, I will as a facilitator remind people to tie their hopes with what we can do and unpack the assumptions we have about what we need to do that will automatically translate to neighborhood safety.

• providing a clear roadmap on how interventions leads to outcomes

• When designing Theory of Change, all the key stakeholders for the intended program must be around, and they must be precise enough about what they really want to achieve.
    Problems for such a case should be only identified through brainstorming with the community but experts in the field of the program should be a key subject.
    Secondly, confusing common terms like indicators, precondition, outcome map and many others must be precisely defined.

N
    1 Reply
Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.