Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• The data management process includes a combination of different functions that collectively aim to make sure that the data in an organization system is accurate, available and accessible.

T
    1 Reply
  • With this I now have a lot of insight in monitoring and evaluation looking forward to learn data analysis now

• Quiet interesting what i have learned in this module very useful.

J
    1 Reply
  • Data can only be meaningful when it is useful. We should treat data with utmost respect and integrity and adopt so that it can help in realization of the core mandate.

• I quite remember now the reason why i took MEL as a unit in the University and now online. It is quite interesting and a wake up call.

• I would like to learn more about data quality assessment, knowledge management and the use of information systems.

J
    1 Reply
  • I would like to learn more about data quality assessment, knowledge management and the use of information systems.

W
    1 Reply
  • what are some of the common tools used for data collection and analysis?

G
    1 Reply
  • Data management refers to all the necessary steps which are taken from the process of collecting data, collating it, analyzing and verifying ,up to use. Data management questions usually help to come up with an effective data flow map with clearly identified roles and responsibilities. Data management questions as already alluded starts on :

1. Data collection- data management questions here will include; who will be responsible for data collection and on most cases here, it will be the field officers
      2 Data entry- after data is collected from the field, it will then be entered in a database or an excel spread sheet and the questions here will include; who will enter data, who will collate data and where will the data entered. At this stage usually field officers will enter data in databases.
      3 Data analysis and verification- after data is entered into the system which may be digital databases, data will be verified and analyzed by the M&E team as well as the project manager. Verification is done to make sure that the data which was entered in the system was correct, and analysis will be carried out so that informed decisions pertaining the project will be made. Also on this stage, this is where data achieving will be done and usually it is done by the project manager to keep safe the information from competed projects for future use.
      4 Data use- usually the users of data are the donors and the general communities who are given the analysed information by the directors of the organisation after the project is completed.
  • A formal data management strategy addresses the activity of users and administrators, the capabilities of data management technologies, the demands of regulatory requirements, and the needs of the organization to obtain value from its data.
    Today’s organizations need a data management solution that provides an efficient way to manage data across a diverse but unified data tier. Data management systems are built on data management platforms and can include databases, data lakes and warehouses, big data management systems, data analytics, and more.
    Most of the challenges in data management today stem from the faster pace of business and the increasing proliferation of data. The ever-expanding variety, velocity, and volume of data available to organizations is pushing them to seek more-effective management tools to keep up
    Addressing data management challenges requires a comprehensive, well-thought-out set of best practices. Although specific best practices vary depending on the type of data involved and the industry.

• The module has helped me understand how to handle,treat , monitor and manage data as a whole

• in data management, you should understand who is responsible for collecting data, who will enter the data, who will analyze the data and who will prepare reports.

J
    1 Reply
  • in data management, you should understand who is responsible for collecting data, who will enter the data, who will analyze the data and who will prepare reports.

• Hi! My name is Bahati Etienne, and I am happy to join you to this course.

• This where I call "the rubber meets the road", the entire M&E plan is put in the hands of various implementing teams. Therefore its success depends on the teamwork and collaboration

• I appreciate that I have learnt greatly in this course. I'm now confident in the M&E process.

• My boss indicated to me that organisations may face a number of challenges in collecting consistent and quality data. To develop methods to improve data collection practices, it is necessary to first identify barriers to consistent data collection.

• Did you find the information you needed?

• In my experience, data management has everything to do with the person handlimg it.

J
    1 Reply
  • When i collected data from my previous job. I cooporated with a partner orgnization. What i faced the problem is they did not collect accurately. They ask with leading question to get positive answer, not real data at all. They dont want to give planty time to data collection. They did not understand the value of Data.

Another one is, we did not have M&E team and the project manager did not let us know about data result and new decision. As for feild officer(We). we do not know about what we do why we do.
    We just do the instruction but we do not know why? Sometime, project planing and feild situation are not same. We know the tailor need but we work under the instruction. It make just beautiful on document.

• Data processing and management are also an important step in M&E.

• How do you tell if data is well managed and is mot biased?

• I have learnt about data Management
    Collection, Entry, Analysis/verification/storage and Use

• Which software is more appropriate for Data Management?

M
    1 Reply

• I haven't understood in practice how many actors should be involved in this process, and how many steps you can make before it becomes inefficient

F
    T
    2 Replies
  • • Monitoring
    Collecting project information regularly to measure the progress of your project or activity. This helps to track performance over time and to make informed decisions about the effectiveness of projects and the efficient use of resources.
    so what else does one need to know about it. does it will go beyond this?

• Data management is a big and important process. If our project has good data management system, there will be an excellent use of data for current and future projects.

• Creating a management system will I include the whole M&E team?

• Data management is the practice of collecting, keeping, and using data securely, efficiently, and cost-effectively. The goal of data management is to help people, organizations, and connected things optimize the use of data within the bounds of policy and regulation so that they can make decisions and take actions that maximize the benefit to the organization. A robust data management strategy is becoming more important than ever as organizations increasingly rely on intangible assets to create value.

• 5 Data Management Questions to Ask During Software Selection
    What level of data security do I need? Some vendors offer expansive data protection capabilities. ...
    What kind of data do I need to analyze? Is the majority of your company's data transactional? ...
    Cloud, on-prem, or both? ...
    Which use cases do I need to focus on? ...
    Will data management help me maintain compliance?

• What level of data security do I need?
    What kind of data do I need to analyze?
    Is the majority of your company's data transactional?
    Which use cases do I need to focus on? ...

• CHABAJ i think the are talking about the data management question and not the process.

• How many separate databases do you use to hold and analyze data during and after a project?

• What level of data security do I need?
    What level of data security do I need?
    Which use cases do I need to focus on? What will the impact look like?

• Data management questions help me to think carefully about the data management processes and data flow maps.

• Are we required to submit work for assignment 2 of module 5? The task required of learners in this assignment is unclear to me. I am requesting clarification on this from anyone who is clear about the task to be performed.

1 Reply
  • This module really helps us in making a data flow map. a complete and easy-to-understand module

• Data Management

• A data management process starts by bringing in raw materials: data collected from the project. As the data travels through the rest of the process it is organized, stored, analyzed and, finally, transformed into useful products, such as reports and decisions.

It is a very critical element of the M & E Plan, since it helps us to identify the roles and responsibilities of people involved in the process. The data flow mapping practice is very helpful to do this critical task of roles and responsibilities idnetification

• This module has been exceedingly helpful in understanding how essential it is have the right personnel for each task the project requires. I look forward to creating data flow map in future projects.

• As you may have noticed, many of the steps that we have just described are, such as data analysis or data verification, are complex, challenging subjects that probably deserve their own courses. Additionally, ensuring data security throughout the process is an enormously important issue, and is difficult to do well. It is beyond the scope of this course to give helpful advice on all of these topics. However, we hope that this overview gives you an idea of the types of tasks that your team will be responsible for completing.

• In a big company, data is such a big thing. So we must know how to manage the data, how the data process, how to save the data also.

• Data Management is very important steps in M&E. After the data collection is completed, we need to manage the collected data to make best use of the information for our reporting and future project decision making. The collected data should be analyze and draw our finding from the project. A proper data management will help the organization for proper reporting for all the stakeholder and take timely decision and making adjustment in our project.

• Data management is the crucial part of the M&E plan. If we didn't properly know how to manage our data then it will be very difficult for us to use it properly.

• What kind of data collection tool can you use if the method of data collection you used was focus groups or community workshops

J
    1 Reply
  • We need to develop a good and strong data management plan especially for data storage when we are collecting data frequently. For that the use of technology is the key nowadays.

• creating the data flow map is quite technical can someone explain further please?

• In data management process here I can see as a center that will help M&E team to make decisions regarding to the project designed as it involves the process of collecting, entry, analyzing and lastly interpretation and writing out the documented report, also delegations of the roles and responsibilities simplifies and accurate the information to be were it is needed to at a specific and right time, and this fasten the whole process of M&E

• I'm looking forward also to learn more about data quality

• data management is the process of storing data for use in for example a project or research.
    data collection then to data entry then to data analysis verification and storage and lastly on data management is the use of the data

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.