Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Unintended consequences must not be overlooked and avoided. As any philanthropic work must not come in the sacrifice of environment, society, health and the well-being of people.

• Even well-established organizations can produce negative unintended consequences, often to disastrous result. Luckily, there are tools and processes to help you avoid doing harm. Read this article to find out more.

• Unintended consequences must not be overlooked and avoided. As any philanthropic work must not come in the sacrifice of environment, society, health and the well-being of people.

• It is a definitely a question that we ask ourselves all the time and we analyse every project development and its implementation. For example, we didn't intend create less performing staff at our hospital, by employing our own beneficiaries that our hospital helped. They got non medical employment as the support staff based on their story and our intend to help them and their families but it did not help our hospital's operations rather their lack of experience, will or education would affect our operations and they had become a liability to our organization in the long run.

• Sustainability means
    Describes adoption of environmentally and socially responsible practice and/or improvement of environmental, social or economic performance.

• Sustainability
    means meeting our own needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their
    own needs. In addition to natural resources, we also need social and economic resources.

• Sustainability
    means meeting our own needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their
    own needs. In addition to natural resources, we also need social and economic resources.
    There are three categories of sustainability:
    Environmental Sustainability
    Ecological integrity is maintained, all of earth’s environmental
    systems are kept in balance while natural resources within
    them are consumed by humans at a rate where they are able
    to replenish themselves.
    Economic Sustainability
    Human communities across the globe are able to maintain
    their independence and have access to the resources that they
    require, financial and other, to meet their needs. Economic
    systems are intact and activities are available to everyone,
    such as secure sources of livelihood.
    Social Sustainability
    Universal human rights and basic necessities are attainable
    by all people, who have access to enough resources in order
    to keep their families and communities healthy and secure.
    Healthy communities have just leaders who ensure personal,
    labour and cultural rights are respected and all people are
    protected from discrimination

• Sustainability
    There are three categories of sustainability:
    Environmental Sustainability
    Ecological integrity is maintained, all of earth’s environmental
    systems are kept in balance while natural resources within
    them are consumed by humans at a rate where they are able
    to replenish themselves.
    Economic Sustainability
    Human communities across the globe are able to maintain
    their independence and have access to the resources that they
    require, financial and other, to meet their needs. Economic
    systems are intact and activities are available to everyone,
    such as secure sources of livelihood.
    Social Sustainability
    Universal human rights and basic necessities are attainable
    by all people, who have access to enough resources in order
    to keep their families and communities healthy and secure.
    Healthy communities have just leaders who ensure personal,
    labour and cultural rights are respected and all people are
    protected from discrimination

• I am new but i learn something in this course

• Unintended outcomes can be negative or positive. Negative outcomes must be tackled adequately and promptly.

• I love this module.. i think i learnt a lot

• Rather than viewing unintended consequences as failures, we can treat them as learning opportunities. They underscore the need for holistic approaches, collaborative efforts, and adaptive strategies that account for the complexities of the social landscape. By staying humble, responsive, and open to course corrections, social enterprises can work towards mitigating unintended consequences while amplifying their positive impact."

• Collaboration is a tool that can be used here. Working with organisations that can help mitigate these unintended consequences

• Scalability means developing a product people actually want and figuring out how to stamp out lots of them for lower costs while selling ever more of them. Sustainability is moving your business beyond initial investment to sustenance.

• Scalability means developing a product people actually want and figuring out how to stamp out lots of them for lower costs while selling ever more of them. Sustainability is moving your business beyond initial investment to sustenance.

• I am a little confused. Can positive consequences and impacts of our program be labelled as unintended impacts?

• I've come thus far into this course and I'm really having a blast taking this course.

• I've come thus far into this course and I'm really having a blast taking this course.

• Sustainability involves practices that balance economic, social, and environmental factors to ensure long-term well-being. Likelihood of success refers to the probability of achieving desired outcomes in a given endeavor, considering various factors like resources and market conditions. Unintended outcomes are unforeseen consequences, positive or negative, resulting from actions or decisions. Understanding and managing these outcomes is vital for effective decision-making.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.