Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Who are the beneficiaries for the problem statement "Lack of sex education in society"? Anyone can intrested this topic

J
    1 Reply
  • Who are the beneficiaries for the problem statement "Lack of sex education in society"? Anyone can intrested this topic

J
    2 Replies
  • I think the primary beneficiaries for this problem statement need to be identified because 'society' has so many strata. For example, they can be teenage students in high school or maybe sex workers.

K
    1 Reply
  • I think the primary beneficiaries for this problem statement need to be identified because 'society' has so many strata. For example, they can be teenage students in high school or maybe sex workers.

• Sure thing that problem statement can apply to a wide range of groups. Following up with that, the question I may have is: in defining a problem statement what should one look at first? Identifying a group of beneficiaries and then exploring what problem set exists or starting with a challenge which needs to be solved and then identifying which category of beneficiaries this challenges applies to?

• "Rising child mortality rate". Who are the beneficiaries and what could be their needs and interests? Thank you.

E
    1 Reply
  • I think “child mortality” in and of itself is very broad. It would be much easier for you to narrow it down to either neonatal, infant or under five mortality. The primary beneficiary, I believe, is the State Health Minister as health related mortality rates are direct indicators of the country’s health status against global standards. As for the needs and interests, that would be easier to pinpoint if the mortality was narrowed down. For instance, (and my examples only apply to Sub Saharan Africa as I’m from Ethiopia) in under five mortality, common causes are malnutrition, diarrhea and pneumonia. In neonatal mortality, prematurity and low birth weight are the leading causes. So once that has been settled, the need and interest in tackling the mortality rate will become clearer.

J
    1 Reply
  • Beneficiaries will be the community at large and specifically those in early adolescence. During this developmental period, adolescents experience the beginning stages of puberty. Both sexes experience significant physical growth and increased sexual interest. Sex education is critical for this group of people.

• I think the beneficiaries of this problem statement would be the general public. Everyone needs good sex education including parents, teachers and most especially adolescents..

• Engaging the general public in sex education would go a long way to reduce the number of rape victims and sexual molestation cases.

• I agree with this. The State Ministry of health including national health bodies are key players in rising child mortality rate.
    Rural communities will benefit from awareness on factors that affect child mortality. Expectant mothers, breastfeeding mothers are inclusive.

• I think that is a very important topic because it has to be discussed so that the right information is given

• very good and informative lesson

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.