Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Can the COVID-19 pandemic, though an enemy to public health be seen a friend of Ghanaian Industrialization?

Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in Ghana followed by the upsurge in both the demand and prices of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) as well as essential household cleaning products and their apparent shortages that lead to the manufacturing of these products locally, got me asking over the past weeks that "could this be boost for Ghanaian industrialization?"
    Your take is very important to me. Thank you.

I
    1 Reply
  • @NTOWULAKU said in Can the COVID-19 pandemic, though an enemy to public health be seen a friend of Ghanaian Industrialization?:

Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in Ghana followed by the upsurge in both the demand and prices of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) as well as essential household cleaning products and their apparent shortages that lead to the manufacturing of these products locally, got me asking over the past weeks that "could this be boost for Ghanaian industrialization?"

Hello,

I must say, I agree with you. Now, indigenous companies are contracted to to produce PPE for those in dire need and also the ingenuity in Ghanaians has been awaken. Every day new inventions pop up on social media. One great success worth mentioning and commending is the invention of the sunsink by a Ghanaian that promotes hand washing and sanitizing.

With the implementation of good policies, Ghana industrialization can be moved ahead even though we are in the period of crises.

Thank you.

1 Reply
  • @issahtohashamsoo said in Can the COVID-19 pandemic, though an enemy to public health be seen a friend of Ghanaian Industrialization?:

@NTOWULAKU said in Can the COVID-19 pandemic, though an enemy to public health be seen a friend of Ghanaian Industrialization?:

Hello,

I must say, I agree with you. Now, indigenous companies are contracted to to produce PPE for those in dire need and also the ingenuity in Ghanaians has been awaken. Every day new inventions pop up on social media. One great success worth mentioning and commending is the invention of the sunsink by a Ghanaian that promotes hand washing and sanitizing.

With the implementation of good policies, Ghana industrialization can be moved ahead even though we are in the period of crises.

Thank you.

@issahtohashamsoo I am grateful for you observations and input. Like you rightly said we are at a point where policy is key and requires the work of advocates like us. I am hoping to meet and partner some enthusiastic and committed persons to drum this home. Are you Ghanaian and in Ghana?

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.