Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Hi, i hope am welcome to this course.

• Hi, i hope am welcome to this course.

M
    1 Reply
  • Hi, am Lojino hope am welcome to this course.

• Hello my name is Adam Newman and I am the President of Favela Inc. a non profit based out of the favela of Vidigal in Rio de Janeiro focused on cultivating ecosystems of innovation and impact through entrepreneurship in the favelas of Brazil. I am originally from Colorado, United States but have been living in Rio de Janeiro for nearly 9 years. After 2 years of operations we are getting serious about improving over governance, strategic planning and fund raising in order to improve and scale to additional communities throughout Rio de Janeiro. Looking forward to learning about building a board and even more excited about actually doing it!

C
    J
    2 Replies
  • Hi everyone,

My name is Esther and I'm the founder of Nepantla Teachers Community, dedicated to supporting mathematics educator toward antiracist practices in the classroom. We're a younger organization so we're looking to get our second group of board of directors to be effective and impactful.

C
    1 Reply
  • My name is Amayo Roseline , founder member of cradle of Hope in Uganda.
    I hope that I can learn more insights from here to even make my work better .

C
    1 Reply
  • This has been so insightful

• Hi am Nwajana Ngozi from Nigeria, I don't have an NGO or work with any but hope to be with one soon. I hope am welcomed here.

• Hie
    My name is Netty Ngwenya from South Africa, I'm excited to learn more in this course.
    I work with Oasis of Agape Love International in South Africa a non -profit organisation.

• Hello ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Linda , from South Africa.
    Am very glad to be here and eagerly willing to learn from everyone represented on this platform.

• Hi everyone!
    I am so glad to join you all on this exciting learning journey.
    Please let us exchange experiences.

• Hi everyone, I hope you're all progressing well with this exciting course.

Peer Review:
    Three of my submitted assignments are still awaiting peer review. Would anyone guess why it is taking so long?

• Hi every one,
    I am T.A. Devasia from India , Kerala state. I live in Trivandrum city capital Kerala. Kerala is a very nice , beautiful place where beaches, hill, lakes and meadows.
    I am post graduated in M.A. Tourism Management. I have 30 years of experience in Hospitality industry. I have married, living with my spouse, who is working in Kerala government Revenue service. We have two children ,elder one she got married staying with her husband from 60 kilometer away from our house. The younger son who is employed in Kerala judicial service, who is staying at Kochi. When I seriously think about my present life more significant meaningful and a chance to serve the needy and sorrow the poor and trodden ,alien , decided to form a team. The highest form of love, signifying the reciprocal love between God and man that is made manifesto in unselfish love of one's fellow men..
    I am proud of the Philanthropy University for granting me an opportunity to learn the theory to practice in life .
    I have received the certificate of achievement for the successfully completing the course---INTRODUCTION OF FUNDRAISING .
    thank you for all
    with warm regards
    T.A. Devasia-Kerala.

J
    1 Reply
  • Good evening faculties, staff and students of this global learning platform the Philanthropy University my name is Nathan Borbor Nynesuah from Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa. I am very much Happy

to found part of this great institution and it is my pleasure to stay here and learn more.

N
    1 Reply
  • Thanks to everybody here and I am pleased to join you.

• Bandar Aljohani
    Mechanical Engineer
    Working in non profit organization for 5 years

C
    1 Reply
  • Hello, I am Maung Maung Kyi from Myanmar. I am a nurse and I am also volunteering for a community library in Rakhine state, Myanmar.

C
    1 Reply
  • Hello, I am Maung Maung Kyi from Myanmar. I am a nurse and I am also volunteering for a community library in Rakhine state, Myanmar.

• Hello, everybody, My name is Maung Maung Kyi from Myanmar. I am a nurse and am also volunteering for a community library in Rakhine state, Myanmar.

• Hello, everybody, My name is Maung Maung Kyi from Myanmar. I am a nurse and am also volunteering for a community library in Rakhine state, Myanmar.

• Hi, You are welcome.

• Hi All, I am setting up my organization very soon and for this it would be the best course that I need to develop an understanding.

• Hello. My name is Brain. I live in South Carolina, USA. I run a nonprofit called Nine Lives Rescue Mission.

• Hello. My name is Brain. I live in South Carolina, USA. I run a nonprofit called Nine Lives Rescue Mission.

• Hello,
    My name is Antwone Ray founder, president and commander of Community Forces Inc. I have a bachelor's and master's degree in psychology concentrating in addiction studies. I am currently studying my PhD in Christian counseling. I have four little ones and I am a full time single father.

• Hello what exactly do you do in the nonprofit sector.

• I have been trying to find ways to create a board and executive staff that will help my organization grow into something special.

• Hello my name is Antwone Ray. I am president and commander of a nonprofit here in the united States that had an education department. I was taught growing up that education was the key to success and today I instill that into my children.

• Hello, my name is Antwone Ray. I agree. I want this course to help me become a better leader within the organization I founded

• Hello what type of nurse are you? What do you specialize in?

• Hello, my name is victor, all the way from Tanzanian

• Hi, good day. My name is Rich, I'm from the island of Jamaica situated in the Caribbean. I'm trans masculine.
    I am a political activist who loves people and enjoy socializing. I am very easy to talk to and eager to learn.

• I am Arkar Moe from Myanmar.

• My name is Tsitsi Chitsike. Looking to set up a Board for a Trust and thus i believe that this course will be essential. I would be grateful to learn from everyone here as we..
    Thank you

• My name is Sediongde Ukpe, a Humanitarian Service Enthusiast fully committed to the betterment of humanity. I am excited to be part of this session and looking forward to growing in knowledge and stature through this platform. Thank you

• Hello Im Pawa Gisele, taking this course from Cameroon

• Hello, my name is Amailuk,

I head an organisation called Forum for Accountability and Community Empowerment (FACE) located in Mbale, Uganda (East Africa). Handpicked to setup FACE amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

It is an honour that I shall sooner than later have a chance to employ the skills learned here in this unit [Setting up a Non-Profit Board]!

It is a thrill...

Am loving the unit, it is very informative, and I am sure glad I signed up for it. We are soon selecting a Board, and this info will be of grand help to me. With confidence and ease; however, I purpose to complete the course well before that assignment gets underway.

Even with the limited knowledge I have so far garnered, I am more than happy; it is one thing am better equipped to do.

• HELLO EVERYONE,
    I AM LEARNING THIS TO SET UP A BOARD FOR MY FOUNDATION AND I AM GLAD TO MEET YOU ALL. I AM HOPEFUL WE WILL BE OF HELP TO EACH OTHER.

• Hi everyone! My name is Monicah Ndegwa. I'm a registered nurse and I'm also the Founder and Executive Director for Project Afya. A nonprofit organization. I'm here because I want to learn everything I can to make my nonprofit accomplishes its mission.

• Hi everyone! My name is Monicah Ndegwa. I'm a registered nurse and I'm also the Founder and Executive Director for Project Afya. A nonprofit organization. I'm here because I want to learn everything I can to make my nonprofit accomplishes its mission.

• NIce to meet you Adam! I'm also hoping to learn more about building an effective board. That has been a bog struggle for me as the founder of a nonprofit. My nonprofit is registered in the U.S. and also in Kenya. Keep up the good work and I wish you all the best with your nonprofit.

• NIce to meet you Adam! I'm also hoping to learn more about building an effective board. That has been a bog struggle for me as the founder of a nonprofit. My nonprofit is registered in the U.S. and also in Kenya. Keep up the good work and I wish you all the best with your nonprofit.

• It's very nice to meet you and I enjoyed reading about your family. I wish you all the best.

• I'm Sami working at big 4

• Hey there, I am Nchimunya Simatende from Zambia, looking forward to meeting other coursemates as explore toggether

• My name is Abubakar, I live in Somalia, I am proud to be one of beneficiaries of this course. as a community developer we need like this units to combat allot of needless things in the community, like corruption, social violent, and drug abuse.

• my name is Abubakar from Somalia.

• Hello, just starting this course. I'm an advocate for a mental health program in West Africa called Association Saint-Camille. One of our goals is to transition our interest group into a non-profit in the United States.

• Congratulations and keep up the good work!

• Hello my name is Cheba Chakulya from Zambia.

I am in the process of setting upa nonprofit here in Zambia, hence my excitment when I saw this course being offered by Philanthropy University. I am a Licensed Counsellor, and therefore I am setting up an organization to offer mental health services to the public and developing a system of "after care" for those rehabiliating from substance abuse, which is lacking in my country.

After finishing the first module of this course it's very clear to me that I was going about my board selection the wrong way, therfore I am glad for the clear direction that PU has provided. Though I feel more confident about how I want the Organzation to be run, I still have a lot of questions.

• Since I will be the Founder and Executive Director the nonprofit, am I supposed/permitted to sit on the board? or am I an ex officio?

• Is it ok to have members of one family make up part of the board? At least for the begining part.

1 Reply
  • Hello! I'm actually very happy to be taking this course online. I sincerely appreciate that the program is complimentary, but also that there is an opportunity to meet other board members across the globe. I am currently serving as Chair of a Not-for-Profit Childcare Centre in Ontario, Canada. The organization itself has existed for upwards of 25 years, and this past year we had elected a brand new board of directors. I had served as a member at large in the year prior, but now in more of leadership capacity, I realize the obligations we have as the governing body of the organization is rather extensive. I look forward to absorbing my learnings from this porgram, and hopefully, recommending that all our board members take this course as well!

• Hi Adam: How has building your board been over the past couple of years? I hope that it's going great and that you were able to apply your learnings.

• Hi everyone, my name is Edwin Mumbula. I am from Zambia and interested in learning more about setting up a Nonprofit Board so that I could use this knowledge to set up a board for an NGO we opening in Zambia.

• Hello, I'm Salem Al-Tashi from Yemen, I'm looking to increase my knowledge about the establishing nonprofit board.

• Hello, I'm Salem Al-Tashi from Yemen, I'm looking to increase my knowledge about the establishing nonprofit board.

• Hi,
    My name is Alf Namodi from First Love Children's Foundation in South Africa.
    We are looking to make changes in our board and I believe this course will provide useful insights.
    Regards

• I am Samuel from Ghana, A teacher and Project lead at Teach Me Well Ghana.

• 👋 Hello, Everyone!
    I'm Nnabuike Tochukwu, the founder of the "Young Healthcare Professionals Community," a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering the next generation of healthcare leaders in Nigeria.
    At YHPC, we're on a mission to "transform the healthcare landscape by providing young professionals with the skills, resources, and support they need to excel in their careers and make a positive impact on healthcare delivery in Nigeria."
    Our vibrant community brings together passionate individuals from various healthcare fields, including doctors, nurses, therapists, and more. We believe in the power of collaboration, education, and innovation to drive positive change in healthcare.
    Through "educational workshops, healthcare improvement programs/trainings, and advocacy efforts", we're creating a dynamic space where young healthcare professionals can learn, grow, and connect with like-minded peers.
    Let's connect on linkedin: Tochukwu Nnabuike

• My name is Dena Piquette-Garcia, founder and President of EDS West Connect. For the past 11 years the founders of EDSWC have been raising awareness of a connective tissue disorder called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and providing support and advocacy for EDS patients, as well as the medical community. In 2023, we officially became a 501c3 nonprofit. EDS West Connect is dedicated to the empowerment & protection of EDSers, by providing valuable education, outreach and advocacy to patients and their support networks so that people with EDS can do more than just survive, they can thrive. Please click our flowcode for further information from our website and our socials.
    link text

• @Jibrinisa said in Keeping board members engaged without burning out:

My organization is a small one and a new one at that with 5 board members. barely 6 months into its existence, only the president and board secretary are active. All attempts to engage the other 3 members did not yield results. How can one keep the board actively engaged in such situation?

I am interested to see how others answer. We have been very fortunate that we only struggled with the lack of performance by our Treasurer who has left the organization. We are actively seeking another Treasurer but the rest of our team is very involved.

• Hello everyone under the course. My name is LUBWAMA MARK as student at UGANDA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY in my third year under the program of BACHELORS OF SOCIAL WORK AND SOCIAL ADMINISTRATION. My interest in the course is because I have a project that requires me to set up a non profit board in my project. Therefore I look forward to acquire the knowledge of establishing that kind of board members. And I also wish to share with you knowledge and learn from you through the group discussions.

• My name is Lashelle, and I am the CEO/Co-founder of Omega Global Development. We are in our third year and we are onboarding a new cohort of board members. I am looking forward to learning more about strengthening. our board and making changes to how we have operated in the past. I believe that there is room for improvement, and I believe that this course will help up to initiate those changes.

• It depends on the laws where you are established. Check your state guide for charities and make sure your own bylaws specify how much family also.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.