Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• The specifics of the target population changes according to each of the programs (agriculture, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, housing, education and humanitarian aid). But, in general terms, the target population are people under the line of poverty across the country.

• SETTING A TARGET POPULATION

• Local rural community surrounding Mining Operational area
    • Young adults ages 18 - 26
    • Males and Females
    • BEEE Ethnic Groups (previous disadvantage)

What are their risk characteristics? These are temporary characteristics such as

• Unemployment
    • Insufficient job skills
    • Lack tertiary qualification
    • Poverty and poor lifestyle and lack of moral

You may find that the same process you used to define long-term outcomes is useful for defining a target population

5 Year career development plan within surrounding rural communitree

• Learnership programmes in Trades and Engineering
    • Internship programmes
    • Bursaries study opportunities

OUTCOMES

• Employment
    • Skills DEvelopment Plan Legal Compliance as per South Africa SAQA Act
    • Decrease poverty and improve living conditions
    • Increase in moral and lifestyle improvement
    • Study opportunities towards a University Degree or similar Qualification
    • Decrease crime rates and positive upliftment in rural community
  • Students
    Team
    Parents

• People with health problems and low socioeconomic status are my target population

Unemployed but economically stable are my risk factors

• Target population is outbreak affected people. Service Population is caregivers or other family members of those people

• You may find that the same process you used to define long-term outcomes is useful for defining a target population. Try:

Brainstorming: Each team member writes the characteristics of the target population on a sticky note.
    Sharing: Each team member explains their thoughts.
    Refining: The facilitator helps to organize, lead discussion, and sort ideas.
    Voting: Each team member votes on the most important characteristics.
    Operationalizing: The team decides how they will determine whether a person is part of the target population.

• Nuestra población objetivo son los niños, niñas y adolescentes. Se debe definir si ingresan los jóvenes en este grupo focal

• We want to educate out of school children who have been dropped out from the mainstreaming schools. So out of school children is my target population. For ensuring enrollment of out of school children, we have to ensure financial stability of their parents and their awareness. So parents are our Service population. Community people and community leaders can play role to this process but they are unsure

• Setting a target population :

• Target Population: Physically and socially marginalized groups, vulnerable communities who's human rights are threatened, and being discriminated.

Service Population: Armed forces, police, prison officers and inmates, officers attached to the administrative arms of the State apparatus at all levels, lawyers, academics and other professionals at all levels, the university community, principals, teachers, school children, community leaders, physically and socially marginalized groups and the general public.

Unsure about reaching the general public as a whole.

• The target population are youth and children living in the east end of the city with interest in the sport of canoeing as a sport or recreational activity.

• With the support at a distance the organization helps not only children but all the entire society surrounding children. Especially in rural areas, to let the youngsters grow up genuinely, also parents and the neighbourhood must develop simultaneously.
    Then, the target population is children, the service population is the community.

• The target population that I am considering is the entire City Schools Division of Dasmarinas while the service population are the schools. In the CSDO Dasmarinas, all the personnel from the Top Management to Unit Heads are the target of change while in the schools, the principal, the teachers and the learners are the service population. For the people I am unsure, I consider the parents and stakeholders.

• Who is your target population? Children
    Who is your service population? their family and community
    Who are the people who you are unsure about? institutions

• The target population are children and the service population are the families behind these children. The people we are unsure about are the less close relatives, such as uncles, cousins, grandparents, who probably expect to benefit from our activities. However, since they are not our specific target group, we do not consider them as clearly as we consider the others.

• My service population is Miami-Dade county. The target population varies by project.

D
    1 Reply
  • My target population is children age 3-13, from nursery to middle school.
    My service population is their families.
    I'm not sure about children aged 0-3, and children of high school.

D
    1 Reply
  • Our target population is underpriveleged school going children between 8-18 years. Service population would include children below 8 yrs, youth above 18 years, parents of the children & teachers. Unsure of community members who do not have children or whose children are away, grand parents, children who have moved into adulthood.

• Very well explained.

• You could have further extended the service population and unsure population.

• Since the TOC is for the organisation, you will have to build up the target population in a way that it encompasses all projects.

• Target population: Primary school children (age: about 6-10 years, each gender, each ethnic or racial identity), location: South-west Germany, focus on lower socioeconomic groups/regions).
    Service group: The parents and/or caregiver of the primary school children, the siblings of the primary school children
    Unsure: other familiy members, peer groups outside of school

• people living with HIV are my target population
    family looking after the patient is my service population
    community surrounding the patient

• people living with HIV are my target population
    My service population are the family caring for people living with HIV
    THE OTHER POPULATION ARE THE COMMUNITY SURROUNDING PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV

• Target population - children from low income homes.
    Service population - low income parents
    Unsure population - low income adults with no children and former patients who have reached adulthood.

J
    1 Reply
  • my theory of change real targets the poor disadvantaged people all over the country who can not afford taking their children to school, afford meals, homeless and orphans.

• Setting a Target Population
    Our organization's target population are people with or at the risk of mental health and psychological problems. Our service population are relevant stakeholders with responsibility to provide services to the target population. Those we are unsure about are family/community members of the target population.

• The target population for our programme are girls who have attained school age but are not in school. The service population will be primary school teaching staff. The teaching staff will have to be properly trained so that they can teach the girls.

• Our target population are victims of domestic violence. The service population are aggressors. We are unsure about the care staff who work with domestic violence: associations, national authorities etc.

• My population target are SmE in my state while my service population are the unemployed youth who their data's can be found in the state social register

• They have have to ensure there is and adequate water supply unit.
    Ensure that all the condition for water safety are available
    And also ensure there are proper means for transporting this water to the target population

• Our project target population are children below 5years while the service population includes women of reproductive age between 15-49years.

• My target population is prison inmates but to reintegrate them back to society we also need to work with family and community

• for me target population is much wider than the service population. your target may be the community but for who your are giving services is the center of your focus

• Target population is youth, service population is the community.

• Our target population is individual coffe farming families. The service population is the farmers farming coffee as association or coperative. the people I am unsure about are people delivering coffee to company but without farming it.

• Who is your target population? Who is your service population? Who are the people who you are unsure about?
    My target population is the children with acute malnutrition. My service population is their parents. Their neighbours are people I'm not so sure about.

• Our target population is the internally displaced people of the Anglophone crisis. to reach them, we must also serve the people who welcomed them. not against us is not sure that we should also serve anglophones who are not really victims of the anglophone crisis.

• The target population of my firm is public servants employed by the local government offices in the country. The service population is employees working for Federal government offices that guide and coordinate the local government offices. The semi-autonomous public agencies also provide similar services to the public and, thus, could benefit from our training. However, as they also have other options for capacity building, it makes more sense for us if we concentrate on the public servants in the local and federal government offices for better success.

• Population served means the total number of persons served by a public water supply that provides water intended for human consumption. For municipalities which serve only the population within their incorporated boundaries, it is the last official U.S. census population (or officially amended census population).

• My target population is business and my service population is farmers. I am unsure about the civil servants.

• Our target population varies based on the long term outcome. We have three long term outcomes. Each of them have a different target population. One of them is based on our organizational structure. With this long term outcome our target population is current staff members. Another long term outcome we have is rooted in our relationship with the community we serve. Our target population is the community and our service population is the staff members.

I’m not unsure about any “people” at this time.

• Who is your target population? Who is your service population? Who are the people who you are unsure about?

Our target population – adolescents and young people (aged 12-25), both male and female, living in Vila de Abrantes, an area of social vulnerability and drug-related violence. Most of these young people are Afro-descendant Brazilians of generally low socio-economic status but these are not limiting criteria for participation.

Due to the socio-environmental characteristics of the community, these young people are exposed to armed violence and other public security issues, experience racism, sexual violence and other rights violations and live in an area marked by precarious or absent public services, a lack of formal employment opportunities and a lack of positive leisure opportunities.

Service population – their parents, guardians, carers and other family members.

We provide community-based services which involve other members of the community, although we do not consider them to necessarily constitute our service population.

• young mothers are our target population
    service population are the husbands
    unsure about motherless yet passionate women

• my target population is the vulnerable communities cause by the environmental damage. My service population is all the stakeholders around the vulnerable communities. In my organization case is the vulnerable communities who lived in the near or right to the tourism areas. Hence, the service populations are divers characteristics but lived in the same environment as the target population, such as: small enterprise, tourism business, local government who responsible to the waste management.

• The target population of our organization are urban pedestrians and cyclists; our service population includes drivers, and the population we are unsure are urban residents

• My target population are youth who are interested in expanding their knowledge in community togetherness and understanding.Our service population are the people who are in need of emotional understanding and wellbeing. The unsure population would be people of an older generation that are conservative in their life values and don't care for progress.

• I think mentally ill people are the target of the shamanic healing theory of change. Educators and mental health care practitioners could also benefit by becoming shamanic healers.

• I think mentally ill people are the target of the shamanic healing theory of change. Educators and mental health care practitioners could also benefit by becoming shamanic healers.

• my target of population is my friends.

• Target Population: Disabled/underserved employees
    Service Population: Employees at large
    Unsure Population: Employees of our organization, outside of our division

• The organization has as goal to reinforce the management of the protected areas. The target population should be the people who live close proximity or inside the protected areas. The service population may be all people surroundings who use resources and gather plants/fruits,… from the protected areas for their daily life. The organization will need to define whether those who do not use resources from the protected areas will get benefit from the program.

• The target population on my side is child including the unborn child

• the target population is the population you are willing to offer the service while the service population is a population who actually benefits from the service

• My target population is "women, children and adolescents youths for sexual and reproductive health services
    Service population is the vulnerable

• Target Population: Young adolescents and teen mothers between the age of 14- 20
    Service population: Their surrounding communities.

• Our target population are children and service population are thier parents and teachers. The unsure people are the community volunteers who support to reach out to the parents and children.

• The target population of my organization is restore the productivity of vast expanses of degraded land, improve the livelihoods of more than 1.3 billion people, and reduce the impacts of drought on vulnerable populations as a service population . The people I am unsure about is those affected by sudden climate change pandemics.

• Knowing the targett population is very important

• Our organization target group are young men and women between the ages 18-25
    Persons who are not financially stable and cannot afford to have a university degree youths in need
    from rural areas.

• My organization’s “target population” is the core group of people for whom this organization will commit itself to producing measurable positive outcomes which is the youths of this country between the ages of 16 - 25 years.
    My organization's "service population" is their parents who will be their to encourage them to stay in the Programme.
    The people who we are unsure about would be the parents who become inexistent in their children's lives.

• My target population is the population I actually want to impact e.g. as agency (NAFDAC) that regulates food and administration of drugs, my target population is the end users but to be able reach the end users, I channel my services to the producers and the factories that produce the food and drugs which the end users consume. The population outside this jurisdiction, are those I am unsure about.

• Target population: Indonesian citizen since the organization focus on advocacy in national level

• The target population is the population we are aiming to benefit from the intervention while the service population is the group where target population is operating.

• My target population is teenage mothers
    service population would be their children and single mothers who were once teen mums
    people who you are unsure about - the parents to the teenage mothers and other adults

• The children are our target population. The service population are their parents and people working with them in centers.

• At Kenya Developmental Disability Organization-KEDDO;
    Service Population-a) Caregivers of children and persons with developmental disabilities in rural Kenya
    -b) Members of the communities where children and persons with developmental populations in
    rural Kenya
    - c) Schools comprising of both teachers and students/pupils in rural Kenya.
    Target Population -Children/Persons with developmental disabilities.
    People that KEDDO is unsure about- Religious, community, clan, and cultural leaders who are critical opinion shapers that could be exclusively targeted as part of the service population or through which inclusion of children/persons with developmental disabilities can be achieved.

• Target population: youths from low-income backgrounds ( 16-30)
    Service population: the parents of the youths we train

• Our target population is Asian American seniors.
    The service population is the entire community and the families if the seniors
    We are unsure about how to serve non Asian Americans living in neighboring communities.

• Target population are Leer, Mayendit, Panyijar, Southern Unity state South Sudan,,
    IDPS, returnees, survivors of GBV is my service population
    Host community which are not vulnerable are the people am not unsure about

• well stated group

• Our target population are students - young people with no education and lack of skills for employment. Our service population are teachers because we need competent teachers to ensure a good education for students. We are unsure about the parents of the students - we need to win them over so that they are willing to support their kids in their education, but we are not sure how much we can actually practically work on it...

• Target Population- Street Children

Service Population- Their Parents/Guardians

Unsure about- Unemployed Youth who often are on the streets hunting for jobs and couldn't find them yet they haven't abandoned their homes

• our target population are youth, our service population is increasing the level of education. We are unsure that youth mostly (boys and men) might not be interested in education

• Our project works to ensure food security at household level through providing general food assistance to families living in the refugee camps. Therefore, we are bound to ensure food for each person from all the households. In these context, the target population and service population are the same.

However, there is a recent tendency among refugee to migrate outside the boundaries for a shorter time period and returning back to the camp. In order to restrict such migration govt agencies pose restriction on all services for such specific group. On the other hand, as humanitarian principle, access to food is human rights and even a convicted person is eligible for food assistance. And, this is the group we often unsure about providing assistance.

• Our target population are individuals making change and organizations. They people that I'm unsure about are the rest of the population and how they will embrace small businesses and change makers in their community.

• Target population is the core group of people for whom your organization will seek to help by producing measurable outcomes
    Service population is who you have to serve in order to fully serve your target population

F
    1 Reply
  • Target population is the core group of people for whom your organization will seek to help by producing measurable outcomes
    Service population is who you have to serve in order to fully serve your target population

• In our case:
    Our target population is street children who are begging. It is to raise their awareness and if possible to remove them from the streets.
    But we have noted that the majority of these children are talibés, that is to say children from Koranic schools.
    Therefore, it is necessary above all to sensitize the teachers of the Koranic schools to stop these acts.Also, we need necessary to sensibilize the muslim parents of these children who send their children to these schools...
    It will also be necessary to sensitize low-income families on family planning.

Thus, if we want to reach our target population, which are street children, we must first reach teachers in Koranic schools, but also Muslim parents and low-income families.

• people that you provide assistance

• Identified beneficiaries

• Target population should be clearly defined, their socioeconomic status, where they live, their racial identity, age and gender.
    Additional, employment status, job skills and other things should be considered as risk characteristics when the target population is being defined.

• My target population are the marginalized populations of Akobo county.
    The service population are Save the Children international.
    ACRA are unsure population

• The target population is essential for three primary reasons: Sets clear direction on the scope and objective of the research and data types. Defines the characteristic variables of the individuals who qualify for the study. Provides the scope of the total population or universe for determining sample size.

• The target population will be the group of individuals that the intervention intends to conduct research in and draw conclusions from. In cost-effectiveness analysis, characteristics of the target population and any subgroups should be described clearly.

• My target population is those children who are financially capable of paying school fees and who need to enroll in schools to complete their school education. My service population will be those students who cannot afford the school fees but are outstanding in terms of performance and grades. So, these students will benefit from the financial support schemes.

• My target population is those children who are financially capable of paying school fees and who need to enroll in schools to complete their school education. My service population will be those students who cannot afford the school fees but are outstanding in terms of performance and grades. So, these students will benefit from the financial support schemes.

• The preconditions for achieving this target are as below:

1. Availability of water.
    2. The availability of a factory responsible to clean the water
    3. installation of water distribution system
    4. conducting awareness campaign for the residents to understand the importance of the clean water usage
  • Target population: Children under five years of age.
    Service population: parents, care takers, school teachers & administration, community health workers.
    Unsure about population: Government authorities.

• Target population: Children under five years of age.
    Service population: parents, care takers, school teachers & administration, community health workers.
    Unsure about population: Government authorities.

• My target population Children,
    Service population are Youths, Families and parents

• Our target population are adolescents, our service population are young adult ,community leaders and parents of the adolescents. We are un sure about community members

• marginalized groups

• target population:

• girls & nonbinary aged 11-25
    • experienced online gender-based violence or harassment (especially through gaming)
    • Indonesians, specifically Jakartans

service population:

• general gaming community
    • parents, family, and friends
    • girls and nonbinaries who don't game
  • Target population: girls and non-binary gamers aged 11-20 yo
    Experience online gender-based bullying or violence.
    Live in Jabodetabek

Service population: general gaming community

Unsure about: parents or caretakers because our population is underage and their parents/caretakes make the most decisions for their life

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.