Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Staff

Module 2: Discussion

How often do you believe your organization should create a cash flow budget: every three months, every month, or every week? Explain why in the discussion post below.

A
    J
    A
    I
    7 Replies
  • I think my organisation should create a cash flow for every three months. This is because for most projects, this is the time project managers are expected to make quarterly reports. It is an appropriate timing for making important decisions and reviews

M
    2 Replies
  • In fact, We do not plan the cash flow of our organization. So, I think the good period is three month for having a global view of the programm.

• My organisation runs a cash flow every three months and I would prefer it remains every three months because the quarter report come every three months.

• Course Facilitator

@Muhangyi said in Module 2: Discussion:

I think my organisation should create a cash flow for every three months. This is because for most projects, this is the time project managers are expected to make quarterly reports. It is an appropriate timing for making important decisions and reviews

I conquer with you that cash flow budget should be prepared quarterly. if the reports are made on the quarter basis means that will reflect the actual implementation of cash flow of the organization

• I think my organization should create a cash flow every month. In fact, to monitor cash flows in particular, this is the ideal period. This is an appropriate time to make important decisions and revisions, it is also the period in which fixed costs have to be settled such as salaries, some invoices and office supplies
    template
    Interested in seeing what a cash flow budget looks like? Follow the link below to download a template cash flow budget from the Nonprofit Finance Fund.

• @Course_Operations said in Module 2: Discussion:

How often do you believe your organization should create a cash flow budget: every three months, every month, or every week? Explain why in the discussion post below.

my organization create a every three month cash flow budget because it is easy to create quarterly report

J
    1 Reply
  • I think my organisation should calculate cash flow budget for every month because my organisation is totally worked as project basis so monthly calculation will promptly give an idea to face any negative demands

• I think my organization should do a cash flow budget every three months. Our budget is based on each quarter of the year so before the quarter is done we usually need to review our projects also.

Because of the size of my organization and the fact that it is in its inception stage I think it will be very important to do a cash flow budget weekly until we know exactly what all our costs for the organization are , with time and growth we will then be able to get to a stage where we do it at least monthly. This will also ensure that we do not loos track of the financials

• In our organization we are registered as non profit so we are not involved in a income generating activities as "not for profit organizations. so we don't use cash flow budget. For me, i would have created cash flow budget every three month. This will very useful for time saving, Proper planning for income and expenses activity and other logistics arrangement for contingent activity of organization.

• Course Facilitator

@Muhangyi said in Module 2: Discussion:

I think my organisation should create a cash flow for every three months. This is because for most projects, this is the time project managers are expected to make quarterly reports. It is an appropriate timing for making important decisions and reviews

Good, this can describe the amount of cash you will have available in three months.

• It think every three months is better for my organization's cashflow because during this period quarterly report are usually prepared and the cashflow report should be included

• I know it depends on organization because some create cash flow budgets every three months. Others do cash flow analysis monthly. But my organization that need to keep an especially close eye on cash flow might even do it weekly.

How often do you believe your organization should create a cash flow budget: every three months, every month, or every week? Explain why in the discussion post below

Operationally, a cashflow is required throughout the year. Therefore, it should be prepared every month to guide inflow and outflow for the preceeding month.

• I think that for our organization, the development of a cash flow budget will take into account a period of one month first, then we can do it quarterly. Monthly for a start like this will be a new experience, then quarterly for more effect because for me, this type of budget has two advantages:

1. Prevent problems of liquidity or availability of funds by adapting expenses to expected inflows (more realism).
    2. See better returns in the near future for a harmonious development of different programs (pour towards the capital budget)...
  • @abdul_fasieh said in Module 2: Discussion:

@Course_Operations said in Module 2: Discussion:

my organization create a every three month cash flow budget because it is easy to create quarterly report

Well stated sir. But what might be the main issue of creating a monthly cash flow budget in your organization?

Friendly,

Jacques

• I believe my organization should create a cash flow budget every other month.
    This is because my organization is one that does a lot of field work and would need cash regularly to achieve her objectives in the field.

I think every 3 months would be good for us, as, being a funder, we have a procedure to disperse our donations/giving annually, but have funds on hand for emergency requests. Doing this monthly will give us a very clear understanding of our available funds at all times.

• I think it is necessary.

Every three months. Since the organization is an international not for profit Organization, I don't think we can find a cash inflow less than a quarter. So that, quarterly cash flow budgeting seems quite fitting for the organization.

• It is key to do cashflow quaterly as it will assist in close moniitoring and evsaluation and allow decision makers within the organisation to make adjustments as we know that one can have a plan but reality speak something different. We don't have to wait for 6 months and anual reports. This will assist in accountability.

• I agree with you, the organization always works on planification. Establishing the report a quarterly depends on the plan activities which makes the project manager take good decision and think about the following projection. Your organization should create a cash flow budget because you have presented that the subtract the cash inflow the the cash outflow will be a surplus and don't have problem to pay for the salary for your staff during that period.

• I think my organisation should create a cash flow for every months. This is because for most projects, this is the time project managers are expected to make monthly reports. It is an appropriate timing for making important decisions and reviews in " just in time" because a stitch in time saves nine!

I believe the whole organization should hold a meeting and decide the proper duration for creating a cash flow budget. Having inputs from various units within the organization gives confidence and certainty that when the time is due, every unit will be ready to submit their budget.
    In my organization, a year is divided into 1st quarter, second quarter and third quarter. And I think it will be better to create cash budget on quarterly bases.

• Ambetter Barnabas by name. My organization should be able to create cash inflow and outflow every week in order to be able to monitor progress and financial growth of the company

• My organization should create a cash flow budget every three months. As we are non governmental organization, we mostly run on grants from sponsors. This interval will help put structure into place with our programs and help with our spending.

• actually i have financial department in my company and usually i follow the transactions.

• I believe my organization should create a cash flow budget every month. Because our primary program only runs 3 months during the year, and donations and grants come in through out the year (with monthly staff costs), it will be important to see how much we can/should invest over the remaining course of the year, while also saving enough to pay for the 3 months of programming costs.

• Our organization benefits from a monthly cash flow budget, due to the nature of our activities. We are a mobile unit that distributes contraceptives and offers sex education material so it's important that we keep a close eye on finances and make sure we are fully stoked on supplies and gas for the mobile unit to run effectively. Quarterly would be too out of touch and weekly would be too frequent. We also tend to connect with partners for various awareness causes and those often are month based, (domestic violence awareness, black history, queer community events and anniversary awareness months.) By adhering to monthly cash flow confirmations we can secure funds and personnel in a timely manner to support our partners and communities.

• Our school should discuss the cashflow on weekly basis because as a fee paying school we need to monitor our expenses so that don't lack funds to run the school. Sometimes parents and guardians fail to pay school fees on time and if no one keeps a close eye there is a possibility of overspending therefore you lack funds to pay recurrent expenses like salaries for the staff.

• My organization should do a monthly cash flow budget as reports are made every month. This is ideal as adjustments can be fused in during reporting should it call for an unexpected hiring of some experts in undertaking our monitoring and evaluation process.

• In as much as cash flow budget is necessary to be done every three months, I believe my organization should create a cash flow budget monthly.
    As an NGO, we project programs to hold monthly, as such, the nature of programs will determine the fundraising strategy for each program and donors for each program may differ.

• My Organisation should have one because it helps in used to measuring the cash position of the business i.e. the inflow and outflow of cash and cash equivalents in the business for an accounting year and it also helps the business to know the availability of cash in their business.

• My organisation requires cash flow budget every week because then only targets can be fixed and planned accordingly so that staff's can be trained accordingly for profit maximization.

• I will my organisation do the cash inflow analysis every three months, this will service as quaterly base cash inflow because most projects tends tobgive report on quaterly basics.

• In our case, due to organisation development activities, we conduct a monthly cash flow budget. This budget help the organisation to develop income generation programs and determine the costs of these productions. The organisation through this budget enable to develop financial development strategies of the organisation and helps the organisation to keep a good record of all monies in the organisation that also used for reporting and easily financial auditing.

• It is important for my organization to create cash flow budget every three months in order to easy the accountability and control of money in and out.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.