Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Staff

Module 4: Replicability

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 4.

How can you standardize your processes to increase your program’s replicability? In this module’s discussion, share your plans with your peers. Then, help another learner identify a method for increasing replicability.

Instructions:

Describe your program. State your mission statement and one to three sentences about your program's activities.
    Identify one process that you could standardize to increase your replicability.
    Read at least one other learner’s post. Suggest another way that this learner might be able to increase replicability.

A
    B
    A
    3 Replies
  • To replicate my work, I would instill the idea and my organizational concepts into the mind of the community. And this in turn encourage people to replicate my work knowingly or unknowingly to reach more beneficiaries.

D
    2 Replies
  • Course Facilitator

@Kalia said in Module 4: Replicability:

To replicate my work, I would instill the idea and my organizational concepts into the mind of the community. And this in turn encourage people to replicate my work knowingly or unknowingly to reach more beneficiaries.

What is your mission statement? You have not described your program.

S
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

My mission statement is "reducing children's mortality rate from Measles in Nigeria"
    This program is aimed at immunizing children against measles infection.
    There is a concerted effort at reproducing our work by encouraging every local government health department to immunize children against communicable diseases. The data generated from such efforts are collated at local government, states and national levels. The World Health Organization works with such data generated nationally to determine the percentage of reduction or increase of such communicable diseases across nations.

S
    2 Replies
  • @Course_Operations said in Module 4: Replicability:

How can you standardize your processes to increase your program’s replicability? In this module’s discussion, share your plans with your peers. Then, help another learner identify a method for increasing replicability.

Instructions:

Describe your program. State your mission statement and one to three sentences about your program's activities.
    Read at least one other learner’s post. Suggest another way that this learner might be able to increase replicability.

Renewed mind leaders for community development.
    Mission statement: innovative thinking in the minds of young Cameroonians. Growing the minds of the young individuals In rural communities to think innovatively and bring their ideas together so that they can plan and see how these plans can be executed for the benefit of the country or community.
    Starting by creating a leadership training program and from this level, send each of the graduates from the program to the outside to also train others as this will ensure great replicability of the work and such, many youths will be informed and will be able to create opportunities rather than looking for one.

S
    2 Replies
  • Bringing out the best in the younger generation.
    We educate and nurture the teaming Nigerian youths into having self awareness and becoming self dependent. We provide them with the necessary knowledge and skills that would help them become independent and useful to theirselves, families and nation at large.
    One process I could standardize to increase my replicability is by sharing my ideas with like-minds.

C
    R
    3 Replies
  • @Draigboje said in Module 4: Replicability:

My mission statement is "reducing children's mortality rate from Measles in Nigeria"
    There is a concerted effort at reproducing our work by encouraging every local government health department to immunize children against communicable diseases. The data generated from such efforts are collated at local government, states and national levels. The World Health Organization works with such data generated nationally to determine the percentage of reduction or increase of such communicable diseases across nations.

You could standardize your processes to increase your program's replicability by creating more awareness and publicizing.

1 Reply
  • Describe your program.
    The Project Agricultural Transformation Agenda Support Program, Phase one (ATASP-1) is a program developed by the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), and the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) to contribute to food and nutrition security, employment generation and wealth creation along cassava, rice and sorghum value chains.

State your mission statement and one to three sentences about your program's activities.
    Our mission is to contribute to food and nutrition security, employment generation and wealth creation along cassava, rice and sorghum value chains. The program will be implemented over a period of five years commencing from March 2015 in four Staple Crops Processing Zones (SCPZ) of Adani-Omor, Bida-Badeggi, Kano-Jigawa and Sokoto-Kebbi. This will cover over 30 Local Government Areas in seven States of the Federation. Theses includes: Anambra, Enugu, Kano, Kebbi, Jigawa, Niger and Sokoto.

Is to improves clarity. This is because a standard process will eliminate the need for guesswork or extra searching

B
    2 Replies
  • @SilasIzu said in Module 4: Replicability:

@Draigboje said in Module 4: Replicability:

You could standardize your processes to increase your program's replicability by creating more awareness and publicizing.

You can increase program's replicability by Boosting employee's morale. This is because employees can take pride in having mastered the process and refined their skills

1 Reply
  • my organisation is a non governmental organisation(NGO) called Ask The Paediatrician(ATP) that is concern about giving free medical services to children from the ages of 0 to 10 years of age with child healthcare education for parents, and currently runs two major statutory outreaches every year mainly children's day medical outreach and independence day community medical outreach.
    our mission statement is PROVIDE HEALTHCARE SERVICE TO VULNERABLE CHILDREN IN NIGERIA
    Our activities includes supporting vulnerable children through community medical outreaches and other social projects, and empowering and training healthcare professionals working with children.
    one process to standardise in order to increase the project's replicability is to improve availability of health materials and medical equipment.

1 Reply
  • @adewalekazeem5050 said in Module 4: Replicability:

Describe your program.
    The Project Agricultural Transformation Agenda Support Program, Phase one (ATASP-1) is a program developed by the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), and the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) to contribute to food and nutrition security, employment generation and wealth creation along cassava, rice and sorghum value chains.

State your mission statement and one to three sentences about your program's activities.
    Our mission is to contribute to food and nutrition security, employment generation and wealth creation along cassava, rice and sorghum value chains. The program will be implemented over a period of five years commencing from March 2015 in four Staple Crops Processing Zones (SCPZ) of Adani-Omor, Bida-Badeggi, Kano-Jigawa and Sokoto-Kebbi. This will cover over 30 Local Government Areas in seven States of the Federation. Theses includes: Anambra, Enugu, Kano, Kebbi, Jigawa, Niger and Sokoto.

Is to improves clarity. This is because a standard process will eliminate the need for guesswork or extra searching

another good way could standardise to increase your replicability is by making accessible roads in those communities for farmers to bring in their farm produce and also for them gain knowledge of the new farming technology

• Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 4.

Instructions:

1 Reply
  • @adewalekazeem5050 said in Module 4: Replicability:

@SilasIzu said in Module 4: Replicability:

You can increase program's replicability by Boosting employee's morale. This is because employees can take pride in having mastered the process and refined their skills

• Course Facilitator

MISSION: Sustaining the environment through empowering African people.
    I believe our project is scalable and replicable as all our operations was started on the concept of creating these setups in various other areas affected by waste pollution. We operate with beneficiaries bringing their waste in and getting paid for it. Simple, effective and quick.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Bringing out the best in the younger generation.
    We educate and nurture the teaming Nigerian youths into having self awareness and becoming self dependent. We provide them with the necessary knowledge and skills that would help them become independent and useful to theirselves, families and nation at large.
    One process I could standardize to increase my replicability is by sharing my ideas with like-minds.

Even with creating course manuals on this should be possible

• My organization is called Lubaga Community for Orphans and Vulnerable Children.
    Our mission statement is To provide affordable education to orphans and vulnerable children.

In order to replicate our activities we would ensure that we bring on board other players in the education sector like private schools owners so that more children are enrolled. Through awareness raising, other player would understand the need to accommodate vulnerable children.

• Mission: Sustainable, equitable and resilient WASH solutions
    Use diamond model(governance, community, business and Finances) and leverage.

• Having people replicate your model is a very big challenge but it is possible if you find the way to convince people and make love your program

• Aoamf is an organization that wants to eliminate stigma of special needs children and alleviate poverty in rural communities.

Duplicating this work is not something hard because I rather think this motif is common and well needed especially in my country Nigeria.
    With funds and support, it’ll be easy to reach lift and efficiency

• I will replicate my work by providing efficient and effective training to the teachers and other trainers who will be engaged in the program and in this way they will carry the skills in them anywhere they will go to offer services.They will be competitive to the education market.The public schools and private schools will engage them through employment or in training their staff and later mimic their way of approach in education delivery.

M
    1 Reply
  • The program I designed is NATIONAL YOUTH LEADERSHIP COUNCIL (NYLC) and the mission statement is DEVELOPING YOUNG LEADERS THROUGH SERVICE-LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES. It offers leadership opportunities, training and resources to help adolescents address issues that matter to them.

The process I can standardize to increase my program replicability is by going to communities to empower them and also communicating with them regularly so as to know if my work is efficient.

• @Driungu said in Module 4: Replicability:

I will replicate my work by providing efficient and effective training to the teachers and other trainers who will be engaged in the program and in this way they will carry the skills in them anywhere they will go to offer services.They will be competitive to the education market.The public schools and private schools will engage them through employment or in training their staff and later mimic their way of approach in education delivery.

how will you go about it if the teachers that were once effective and efficient becomes the opposite or they resign, what do you do in that case?

D
    1 Reply
  • Well that may be a risk that may come up later though that is not the expectation in this case.In case the teachers resign,we will still continue to do our best by instilling the skills.The organization can organize a forum with teachers who resign and listen to their opinions or why they had to resign.

• @MARYANN_1 said in Module 4: Replicability:

@Driungu said in Module 4: Replicability:

I will replicate my work by providing efficient and effective training to the teachers and other trainers who will be engaged in the program and in this way they will carry the skills in them anywhere they will go to offer services.They will be competitive to the education market.The public schools and private schools will engage them through employment or in training their staff and later mimic their way of approach in education delivery.

how will you go about it if the teachers that were once effective and efficient becomes the opposite or they resign, what do you do in that case?

Well that may be a risk that may come up later though that is not the expectation in this case.In case the teachers resign,we will still continue to do our best by instilling the skills.The organization can organize a forum with teachers who resign and listen to their opinions or why they had to resign

E
    1 Reply

Instructions:

To aid high-school students with successful matriculation through college. We will mentor students give them the strong foundation and resources to help them through college. We also partner with colleges and universities to help their at-risk and first generation students to give them help they would not otherwise receive. The mentorship program can be used at different colleges and universities across the country. We have guides to help the school administration start a chapter at their school.

1 Reply
  • Describe your program. State your mission statement and one to three sentences about your program's activities.

My organisation's mission is to Build infrastructure to alleviate Ghanaians from water poverty.
    We do this by setting up an water filtration equipment to filter and purify water from rivers, streams, dams, springs, etc. and make it clean and sterile for human consumption at a very affordable rate.

We could standardize the filtration equipment and simplify its installation such that other organisations can easily procure and install the equipment in different parts of the world to achieve the same results and reach out and alleviate the daily water poverty of billions of people from around the globe.

F
    1 Reply
  • @Driungu said in Module 4: Replicability:

@MARYANN_1 said in Module 4: Replicability:

Well that may be a risk that may come up later though that is not the expectation in this case.In case the teachers resign,we will still continue to do our best by instilling the skills.The organization can organize a forum with teachers who resign and listen to their opinions or why they had to resign

Good response! You could equally develop modules, books or other resources and materials on your training and share either online or through other means for others schools to read and use your methodology. By this, you can replicate your work by not engaging in face-to-face training of teachers, and save money.

D
    1 Reply
  • @edubiney said in Module 4: Replicability:

@MARYANN_1 said in Module 4: Replicability:

Good response! You could equally develop modules, books or other resources and materials on your training and share either online or through other means for others schools to read and use your methodology. By this, you can replicate your work by not engaging in face-to-face training of teachers, and save money.

Thank you for the advice.I like your idea!

• My Organization Program: Local community aware on child health issues.
    Mission statement: Strengthened Community Practice on Child Health Issues.
    Program Activities:

1. Developing communication procedures (written procedures) involving members of the community in handling child health issues in their neighborhood.
    2. Public campaign using advertising, billboard, information pamphlets as well as social media,

The replicability on developing communication procedures (written procedures) in a form of "Standard Operating Procedures" on handling child issues might be easier to do. The involvement of the member of the community in the process of developing the procedures is the main key - as part of to raise community's sense of ownership - which might attract other community to do the same thing.

• @edubiney said in Module 4: Replicability:

My organisation's mission is to Build infrastructure to alleviate Ghanaians from water poverty.
    We do this by setting up an water filtration equipment to filter and purify water from rivers, streams, dams, springs, etc. and make it clean and sterile for human consumption at a very affordable rate.

We could standardize the filtration equipment and simplify its installation such that other organisations can easily procure and install the equipment in different parts of the world to achieve the same results and reach out and alleviate the daily water poverty of billions of people from around the globe.

Good idea!
    If I may add, perhaps you may also train the member of community/volunteer on how to do maintenance of the water infrastructure, thus it will complete all the standard and increase the replicability.

• Mission Statement: Help us adopt a learners in a low income schools. Programme description: Reading 4 meaning - improves thier levels of reading and writing. Numbers 4 life- Ability to understand numbers and support stem. . Identify: This programme makes them realize that they are worthy and have the ability to do well in their academics. Also realise that learning is a preparation for thier future careers. We also notice that they tend not to struggle in the next grades.

• we will replicab our programme by collaborating with organisation who are running similar programmes like us
    within education space.

M
    2 Replies
  • @NTIEGE said in Module 4: Replicability:

@Course_Operations said in Module 4: Replicability:

Instructions:

Mission statement: innovative thinking in the minds of young Cameroonians. Growing the minds of the young individuals In rural communities to think innovatively and bring their ideas together so that they can plan and see how these plans can be executed for the benefit of the country or community.
    Starting by creating a leadership training program and from this level, send each of the graduates from the program to the outside to also train others as this will ensure great replicability of the work and such, many youths will be informed and will be able to create opportunities rather than looking for one.

Good one: Replicating the best , most marketed- worthy programme is to be sure not only way to achieve broad social improvement but advocating for better public policies and improved social conditions and strengthening the education and develop of social sector practitioners

1 Reply

Program: We are a church-based scholarship foundation for the underprivileged youth all over the Philippines.
    Mission statement: We exist to honor God by serving and empowering the underprivileged youth of the Philippines through education assistance, character formation, and leadership development.
    Program activities: We provide financial assistance for tuition, food & transportation allowance, and other school-related expenses. We mold their characters through values formation programs in partnership with volunteer campus workers who coach the scholars. We partner with and train volunteers who execute the program in the different locations all over the country.
    Process to standardize: We have created an Operations Manual that details the step-by-step process of the program from application to graduation. This is provided to all the different centers so that volunteers have an easy access reference. This is the same manual that we share with other interested groups within our movement but are from other nations who would like to replicate what we are doing.

1 Reply

Your advocacy is commendable. However, it seems from your explanation that the execution is not ready for scale. One way you can increase replicability is by collaborating with other organizations who have existing networks, create modules of your hard and soft skills trainings that would be easy for others to teach, and maximize the use of social media to spread your advocacy and the values you teach.

• Hello,
    I am Bushra Rana from Pakistan. i want to replicate my work, I would instill the idea and my organizational concepts into the mind of the community. And this in turn motivate people to replicate my work knowingly or unknowingly to reach more beneficiaries.

O
    2 Replies
  • My project would be Enabling market for nutritious foods. Our mission - Improve the access to safe staple foods to low-income population.

• Engage government entities to allow a more fluid regulatory system and facilitate businesses registration in poor and remote regions;
    • Provide funds and technical support to business to ensure affordability of staple foods
    • Engage the public and encourage consumption of nutritious staple foods.

The activity to standardise would be the process to provide grants to the applicants. Designing an SOP that would include a risk matrix and all key variables mitigation measures. This would allow to in a different context, implement similar activity and obtain similar or better results.

B
    2 Replies
  • @suzan6d56 said in Module 4: Replicability:

we will replicab our programme by collaborating with organisation who are running similar programmes like us
    within education space.

This approach would work well, but if we chance the context many behavioural change interventions tend to fail even if we deal with similar ages, gender but we take out the social context in which the target in inserted.
    If designing a SOP/ Manual with key activities, would allow other organization to adapt based on the existing data and challenges of past experiences.

• Course Facilitator

@NTIEGE said in Module 4: Replicability:

Instructions:

Fantastic Idea you have here! I think you should also consider catching them young, especially working with adolescent and teenagers in their respective learning institutions to impacting your innovative mindsets on them.
    Additionally, think of a massive collaborative approach with institution of learning and other leadership development centres around your ecosystem for greater replicability.

• Course Facilitator

Fantastic idea ! For greater replicability, I think reaching your target audience with vocational skills would assist you a great deal to standardizing your processes ,especially when your are working on making them self independent.

• Course Facilitator

@adewalekazeem5050 said in Module 4: Replicability:

Describe your program.

Laudable Project! You may also consider taking your initiatives to local farmers and students of both secondary and higher institutions to embrace your project. If this is done, your replicability will be exceedingly high.

• Course Facilitator

@bushrarana777 said in Module 4: Replicability:

Hello,
    I am Bushra Rana from Pakistan. i want to replicate my work, I would instill the idea and my organizational concepts into the mind of the community. And this in turn motivate people to replicate my work knowingly or unknowingly to reach more beneficiaries.

Laudable initiative! I think for you to achieve your goals may consider having a formidable advocacy framework that would speed up your replicability.
    Therefore, consider taking PhilanthropyU Advocacy course if you are yet to enrol.

• We can replicate by using the same materials and facilitators to train our beneficiaries, we can also make use of the same video clips during training

1 Reply

“Great work, @SilasIzu ! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

• @Oluadedeji said in Module 4: Replicability:

We can replicate by using the same materials and facilitators to train our beneficiaries, we can also make use of the same video clips during training

“Great work, @Oluadepeji! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

O
    1 Reply
  • @reallifeperez said in Module 4: Replicability:

Program: We are a church-based scholarship foundation for the underprivileged youth all over the Philippines.
    Mission statement: We exist to honor God by serving and empowering the underprivileged youth of the Philippines through education assistance, character formation, and leadership development.
    Program activities: We provide financial assistance for tuition, food & transportation allowance, and other school-related expenses. We mold their characters through values formation programs in partnership with volunteer campus workers who coach the scholars. We partner with and train volunteers who execute the program in the different locations all over the country.
    Process to standardize: We have created an Operations Manual that details the step-by-step process of the program from application to graduation. This is provided to all the different centers so that volunteers have an easy access reference. This is the same manual that we share with other interested groups within our movement but are from other nations who would like to replicate what we are doing.

“Great work, @Reallifeper! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

@NTIEGE said in Module 4: Replicability:

Instructions:

Good one: Replicating the best , most marketed- worthy programme is to be sure not only way to achieve broad social improvement but advocating for better public policies and improved social conditions and strengthening the education and develop of social sector practitioners

“Great work, @Suzan6D56! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

• @Frenk_Nhamuenda said in Module 4: Replicability:

My project would be Enabling market for nutritious foods. Our mission - Improve the access to safe staple foods to low-income population.

• Engage government entities to allow a more fluid regulatory system and facilitate businesses registration in poor and remote regions;
    • Provide funds and technical support to business to ensure affordability of staple foods

The activity to standardise would be the process to provide grants to the applicants. Designing an SOP that would include a risk matrix and all key variables mitigation measures. This would allow to in a different context, implement similar activity and obtain similar or better results.
    “Great work, @Frenk_NHAM! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

1 Reply
  • Proper documentation of activities and progress made. this will help us determine what really worked. then we can test-run it in another location or project before giving it our as my contribution to the reservoir of knowledge

1 Reply
  • @Unia said in Module 4: Replicability:

@Frenk_Nhamuenda said in Module 4: Replicability:

My project would be Enabling market for nutritious foods. Our mission - Improve the access to safe staple foods to low-income population.

“Great work, @Frenk_NHAM! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

One thing important i've learned and i hope to implement in my organisation mainly in the technical side, is when supporting a business how can i make myself irrelevant after a while and how to achieve a catalytic effect. Because for now, the reach of the work i'm doing is relatively low, i believe now i can find a way to create a model that can replicated and inspire others to apply without my direct support.

1 Reply
  • My program is about health, safety and environment.

Our mission statement : improving the health and environmental safety of the people

Our activity is reaching out to people in the rural areas with their basic health needs and enlightenment on the importance of a safe environment

Knowing the basic needs of the people and bringing it to them in a simplified, attractive and affordable rate. Also bringing these needs to their fastest reach- easy access to the need without financial pressure will help standardize the replicability of our work

1 Reply

The activity to standardise would be the process to provide grants to the applicants. Designing an SOP that would include a risk matrix and all key variables mitigation measures. This would allow to in a different context, implement similar activity and obtain similar or better results

This is really amazing! You've really done a great job here.

@Unia said in Module 4: Replicability:

@Frenk_Nhamuenda said in Module 4: Replicability:

One thing important i've learned and i hope to implement in my organisation mainly in the technical side, is when supporting a business how can i make myself irrelevant after a while and how to achieve a catalytic effect. Because for now, the reach of the work i'm doing is relatively low, i believe now i can find a way to create a model that can replicated and inspire others to apply without my direct support.

That's great

• Course Facilitator

@Enoessien said in Module 4: Replicability:

Proper documentation of activities and progress made. this will help us determine what really worked. then we can test-run it in another location or project before giving it our as my contribution to the reservoir of knowledge

Great work @ Enoessien! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization

• Course Facilitator

@Bukolayemi said in Module 4: Replicability:

My programa is about health, safety and environment.

Our mission statement : improving the health and environmental safety of the people

Our activity is reaching out to people in the rural areas with their basic health needs and enlightenment on the importance of a safe environment

Knowing the basic needs of the people and bringing it to them in a simplified, attractive and affordable rate. Also bringing these needs to their fastest reach- easy access to the need without financial pressure will help standardize the replicability of our work

“Great work, @ Bukolayemi 1! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization

• Course Facilitator

To replicate my work, I would instill the idea and my organizational concepts into the mind of the community. And this in turn encourage people to replicate my work knowingly or unknowingly to reach more beneficiaries.

Great work
    @Kalia! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

• Course Facilitator

Great work, @ Driagboje! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

• Course Facilitator

@Bijusokto said in Module 4: Replicability:

my organisation is a non governmental organisation(NGO) called Ask The Paediatrician(ATP) that is concern about giving free medical services to children from the ages of 0 to 10 years of age with child healthcare education for parents, and currently runs two major statutory outreaches every year mainly children's day medical outreach and independence day community medical outreach.
    our mission statement is PROVIDE HEALTHCARE SERVICE TO VULNERABLE CHILDREN IN NIGERIA
    Our activities includes supporting vulnerable children through community medical outreaches and other social projects, and empowering and training healthcare professionals working with children.
    one process to standardise in order to increase the project's replicability is to improve availability of health materials and medical equipment.

Great work, @ Bijusokto ! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

• Course Facilitator

@ibadullahrashdi said in Module 4: Replicability:

Instructions:

Great work,ibadullahrashdi ! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

• Course Facilitator

@CindyKoen said in Module 4: Replicability:

MISSION: Sustaining the environment through empowering African people.
    I believe our project is scalable and replicable as all our operations was started on the concept of creating these setups in various other areas affected by waste pollution. We operate with beneficiaries bringing their waste in and getting paid for it. Simple, effective and quick.

Great work, @ CindyKoen ! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

• Course Facilitator

@AmandaCJMaterre said in Module 4: Replicability:

Instructions:

To aid high-school students with successful matriculation through college. We will mentor students give them the strong foundation and resources to help them through college. We also partner with colleges and universities to help their at-risk and first generation students to give them help they would not otherwise receive. The mentorship program can be used at different colleges and universities across the country. We have guides to help the school administration start a chapter at their school.

Great work, @ AmandaCJMaterre ! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

• @Draigboje said in Module 4: Replicability:

What is your mission statement? You have not described your program.

Yes what is the mission statement. And what do you do

• We will design lesson plans that can be easily followed by new tutors

B
    1 Reply
  • @Unia said in Module 4: Replicability:

@Oluadedeji said in Module 4: Replicability:

We can replicate by using the same materials and facilitators to train our beneficiaries, we can also make use of the same video clips during training

“Great work, @Oluadepeji! You have put a lot of effort into the course and have thought seriously about how to increase your program’s replicability. Did you learn anything in the course that surprised you? What is something you learned that you are hoping to implement at your organization?”.

REACH, SUSTAINABILITY AND REPLICABILITY STOOD OUT.

• my program is an educational one.
    it's mission is to increase access to education in the centre region of Cameroon by 50% for the less privileged kids.
    we carry out activities such as book collections, sensitzation campaigns on the importance of schools for both parents and kids, special sales and fundraisers to collect money to send less privileged kids to school.
    We could standardize the process od book collections from students who have completed school already from all over the country so as to set up cheap book clubs as well as provide school materials for the kids we r are sending to school thus reducing the cost of buying new books

Instructions:

Mission Statement: "Train Nigerian Secondary School leavers in entrepreneurship skills"

This program is expected to equip young adults with skills that will enable them earn a living and become self reliant.

One process I will use to standardise replicability is to advocate a policy change that will allow the inclusion of this program into the school curriculum. In which case, there will be one standard process all through the state.
    If it becomes successful, other state governments are likely going to replicate the program and the reach will be enormous.

• Our program is to assist those that are unprivileged.our mission statement is providing health-social assistance to the underprivileged on kampala streets.this program mainly is about helping these people socially and healthwise.Qlso we give them hope and zeal to live another with a smile on their faces.Also to find ways to assist them medically especially the ones with diseases that need operation yet they can't afford it. we can replicate our work by ensuring positive impact of the program and sharing the result stories to the community by our beneficiaries because when the community sees the positive impact,they will want to do the same or partner assist and support the program in any way they can.when this happens , replicability becomes innevitable.

• @Simaethuta said in Module 4: Replicability:

We will design lesson plans that can be easily followed by new tutors

That will be a good idea but you haven't given your program not even the mission statement.

• Provide youth with sustainable education programs. This is to grant them more opportunities to do well in life. Our programs include school meals, school supplies distribution, and safe transportation.

We can standardize the school supplies distribution list as we know how effective it can be or at least to what extent it is utilized.

• Hope you're able to replicate this by publishing publicly this data, inclusive of lessons learned, so that other orgs can replicate it.

Instructions:
    Description:
    Igbo Wikimedians is a group of Wikimedians that are committed to working on various wiki projects related to Igbo language and culture. The group is open to collaborations with other organizations to promote Igbo language. It is an open membership group available to anyone that is literate in Igbo language at any level.
    Mission statement:
    Globally share Igbo language and culture through Wikimedia.

Activities:

• Introduce Wikimedia projects to more Igbo people that are literate in Igbo language at any level.

• Encouraging Igbo people that are literate in Igbo language at any level to become contributors.

*Organize training to teach volunteers how to add content in different Wikimedia projects.

*Organize edit a thon, where we add content in Wikipedia and Wiktionary about Igbo culture.

*Maintain the community and encouraging more Igbo people that are literate in Igbo language at any level to become more involved as community members.

To increase replicability, I will seek collaboration with institutions of learning that are passionate about preserving the Igbo language and culture, train some of them on how to add content in Wikimedia projects, get them to incorporate adding content to their curriculum and then use them to drive this change. They will drive it by organizing edit-a-thons, contests and training since they have the audience.
    So we would just have to fund the logistics.

• BCN Mission
    To support vulnerable children households in Migori County
    BCN Activities
     Support referrals and networking activities
     Support and conduct outreach
     Conduct nutritional assessment strategies
     Support community health strategies activities
    Standardizing the registration process will increase replicability through the use of scenario A where the beneficiaries of the program are identified through health facilities. This ensures that other details about the beneficiaries can be got from the health facilities thus improving on process efficiency.

• @bushrarana777 said in Module 4: Replicability:

Hello,

Bushra I agree with you on this in totality. You can also involve the first members of the community you interact with to cascade your organizational concepts hence you shall have attained the "By community for the Community" democratic principle that will ensure faster acceptance and replication of your concept. keep it up Bushra

• Course Facilitator

Mission Statement; Sexual Reproductive Health of Girls in Rural Area. I will standardized the impact of our work by services are been felt by every beneficiary of our program. And also ensure that the result and outcome is such that will put a smile on both the girls, because they will be proud of who are turn out to be and as well as putting smile on the parents and community who can eventually see their girls been informed, no longer become victims of teenage pregnancy, career driven and so on.

M
    1 Reply
  • My Program:
    My organisation is a Cooperative education institution.

Mission Statement:
    Saving Nigerian households from poverty through Cooperatives.

Our Activities:
    We train prospects or beneficiaries to afford intellectual and intelligible preparation through acquisition of relevant skills in Cooperative Economics and Management for the overall development of the individual and by extension their communities. We are poised to assist the communities run vibrant local cooperatives towards eradicating poverty with available well-marshaled local resources aided by trained and equipped freshers, semaphores and undergraduates who imbibe these values in prospective communities without pressurizing them financially with an uncompromising view that same should be reproduced and simulated in other proximate communities to catalyze abundance. Without hesitation, other Cooperative institutions, especially, our sister Colleges would unflinchingly embrace this model to further promote their relevance within the Nigerian economic space.

• we provide qualitative, quantitative and affordable health services to the less privileged in rural areas of Africa, at little or no cost to the beneficiaries, with the love of Christ.

one process we can standardize to increase replicability is to recruit young volunteers, including students in providing free medical services to the less privileged. with this, younger people will see the need and have the passion to volunteer their skills and knowledge

• @jeremiahnkwocha said in Module 4: Replicability:

Mission Statement; Sexual Reproductive Health of Girls in Rural Area. I will standardized the impact of our work by services are been felt by every beneficiary of our program. And also ensure that the result and outcome is such that will put a smile on both the girls, because they will be proud of who are turn out to be and as well as putting smile on the parents and community who can eventually see their girls been informed, no longer become victims of teenage pregnancy, career driven and so on.

eventually, these girls and their parents will take up the job in their own community long after you have completed your work and the effect will be a lasting one.

we will replicab our programme by collaborating with organisation who are running similar programmes like us
    within education space.

i believe replicability is best exemplified when you are able to stimulate others in doing or continuing the 'good work' you are doing or have done, not just by collaborating with others.

B
    1 Reply
  • To replicate my work, we will spread the impact of our work through social medias and sharing reports with community leaders, NGOs and local authorities. Our organization is training young ambassadors to continue the work after the end of the current project. Good practices will be shared with similar youth organizations.

• @Motolani said in Module 4: Replicability:

@suzan6d56 said in Module 4: Replicability:

within education space.

i believe replicability is best exemplified when you are able to stimulate others in doing or continuing the 'good work' you are doing or have done, not just by collaborating with others.

I do share your point of view. It is very helpful to have people that are able to continue good practices after the project.

• Course Facilitator

@Draigboje @NTIEGE @CindyKoen @BirungiDoreen @Dawan @uzozurumba @Opap_Fredrick @jeremiahnkwocha @Stadeodo @Motolani @boumarlankoande @SilasIzu @adewalekazeem5050 @Bijusokto @ibadullahrashdi @homebasedworker @Geteneh @Ynikiema @Driungu @MARYANN_1 @Princessa @AmandaCJMaterre @edubiney @felix_soureka @suzan6d56 @reallifeperez @bushrarana777 @Frenk_Nhamuenda @Enoessien @Bukolayemi @Simaethuta @Oluadedeji @Habi_chou @Aladi

Hey Everyone! We are so happy you have completed your course - Social Impact. We must confess your courage and determination has seen you through this great milestones. We can see so many of you at the top of your career. We would like to appreciate your riched discussions and contributions on the platform ,which to a great extent has broadened our perspectives .
    Meanwhile, before you sign out, ensure you drop your feedback, in order to help us serve you better. Don't also forget to assess your peer's work, if you haven't completed yours. Make sure you network as much as you can.
    We are wishing you best of luck!

A
    1 Reply
  • Thank you Zariz

• @zariz said in Module 4: Replicability:

@Draigboje @NTIEGE @CindyKoen @BirungiDoreen @Dawan @uzozurumba @Opap_Fredrick @jeremiahnkwocha @Stadeodo @Motolani @boumarlankoande @SilasIzu @adewalekazeem5050 @Bijusokto @ibadullahrashdi @homebasedworker @Geteneh @Ynikiema @Driungu @MARYANN_1 @Princessa @AmandaCJMaterre @edubiney @felix_soureka @suzan6d56 @reallifeperez @bushrarana777 @Frenk_Nhamuenda @Enoessien @Bukolayemi @Simaethuta @Oluadedeji @Habi_chou @Aladi

Hey Everyone! We are so happy you have completed your course - Social Impact. We must confess your courage and determination has seen you through this great milestones. We can see so many of you at the top of your career. We would like to appreciate your riched discussions and contributions on the platform ,which to a great extent has broadened our perspectives .
    Meanwhile, before you sign out, ensure you drop your feedback, in order to help us serve you better. Don't also forget to assess your peer's work, if you haven't completed yours. Make sure you network as much as you can.

God bless you Zariz.

D
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Aladi said in Module 4: Replicability:

@zariz said in Module 4: Replicability:

God bless you Zariz.

@zariz, thank you for your reminder. You have, however, lumped all of us on this platform together. Remember that some of the people on this platform are CA's like yourself. It's been a rollercoaster journey. God bless you all.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.