Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @Kenroy said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

@mkongwa said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

though i have no organization, but i have seen one organization motivating the employees by sharing with them the annual profit of the organization through increasing them in the salary scale and sometimes having a annual cerebration with them eating, drinking and other staffs then the employees by that way they feel much honored and they surely get motivated.

Worthy of applause. That organization will surely have low staff turnover.

I agree with you on the above. End of year parties are a good way to motivate employees and also recognizing their efforts in that way employee retainment will be guaranteed.

• I try to be close to all employees, standing by them at there trying times and also giving them surprise bonuses an holidays also sparing time to visit there homes.

P
    O
    2 Replies
  • Course Facilitator

@LOMBE said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

@Course_Operations said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 4

How do you currently best motivate employees to have long-term commitment to working at your company? Do you know any other organizations that are doing this well?

Post below and share your thoughts.

I best motivate employees by rewards each one of them for their individual efforts and acknowleging their hard work in a meeting.

@LOMBE, Great view there!
    I assume you have put a lot of thoughts into your long-term commitments to motivating employees. What are some of the challenges you face regarding motivation in general?.

• Course Facilitator

@iliyabalaenai said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

I try to be close to all employees, standing by them at there trying times and also giving them surprise bonuses an holidays also sparing time to visit there homes.

@iliyabalaenai, You amaze me how you have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees. What are some of the challenges you face regarding motivation.

• @Course_Operations said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

How do you currently best motivate employees to have long-term commitment to working at your company? Do you know any other organizations that are doing this well?

Consider as part of the company, it's important the side monetary but only for keep the employee in his position that is not the reason for be more productive.

• Strategies to Motivating employees or team members includes but not limited to the below mentioned:-

1. Concentrate on the Goals/ Objectives. While setting targets and achieving higher performance is always great as it gives the sense of ownership and belonging
    2. Be Respectful. A little appreciation and praise are helpful for employee and team in general, always the use of Radical Candor Framework to guide conversation.
    3. Focus on Strength and Overcome Weakness. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses.
    4. Boost your Brain for Growth.
  • Course Facilitator

@ErikaGad said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

Consider as part of the company, it's important the side monetary but only for keep the employee in his position that is not the reason for be more productive.

@ErikaGad, from your organization's perspective, what will you do to best motivate your employees to be committed to work the more?

• Motivation is a powerful energy that drives and excites employees, which results in their maximum contribution. setting and achieving goals, clear expectations, recognition, feedback, as well as encouraging management all contribute to an increase in workplace motivation.
    motivation for me , maybe different from what another employee wants. Every employee has a different motivation for why they work. but we all work because we obtain something that we need from work. The something that we need that we obtain from work has an impact on our morale and motivation. Motivation comes in different forms, for example, bonuses, cash reward, benefits, investment in learning and development programs and household items etc, the lists are limitless. MOTIVATION IS GOOD.

• motivating employees is giving constructive feedback,incentives ,Awards,like recognizing staff of the month and also promotion.
    it goes a long way in motivating staff and also encourages them to put in their best.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Hi Learners,

Thank you all for participating in this week's "Module 4: Motivating Employees". Hope you enjoyed learning and the discussion therein?

*** Like to bring to our notice once more that Module 4 as per our time allotments ends on 16th June. Therefore, let's try our best to complete our assignments and subsequent peer assessments promptly.

NOTE: "Module 5: Next Step" proceed on the Monday June 17th. Thus, don't relent to learn and share with us what is required/demanded of you for the period.

*** As the session draws to an end, fasten your belts to meet up all that is required of you to pass this course.

*** Lastly, Learners can check upto date information of their Progression in the entire course via https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:Acumen+HumanCapital_101+7_1.22_20190520_20190630/progress.

Wishing you a blessed weekends and a fruitful week ahead.

Thanks!!!

• Course Facilitator

Great @Uzzy and @MzcathyO You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees.
    Can you share further what some of the challenges you face regarding motivation are?

Thanks

• I motivate my employees through giving them incentives, Fringe benefits, training and development as at when due and participating decision making

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@diyaoluolasunkanmi said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

I motivate my employees through giving them incentives, Fringe benefits, training and development as at when due and participating decision making

@diyaoluolasunkanmi, you have indeed put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees. I am intrigued by these indices for motivation.
    More so, can you share further what some of the challenges you face regarding motivation are?

Thanks

• Well-managed employees will contribute their best to organizational objectives. They will also attain a high level of job satisfaction and self development.
    • I should believe that my workers are my greatest asset and hence treat them that way
    • I need to have a vision to be the best place to work in my industry
    • An individual may be driven primarily by the need for security, socialization, esteem, achievement, power or some combination of these. ‘The reward that an employee values most (as an incentive to maintain and improve performance) will be the one that contributes to the fulfillment of their strongest drive”,
    In summary, there are four (4) R’s that bring out the best in employees. These are Resources, Respect, Recognition and Rewards.
    Resources’ has to do with training and development of the employee. It can be on the job training, structured third party facilitated training, professional certificate etc. Provision of work tools also goes a long way to enhance a worker’s job.
    On respect, there is dignity in every job. Whether you are a cleaner or a general manager, everyone has a need to be respected. And when one is not accorded the respect due to him, there is the tendency to misbehave.
    When recognizing the efforts of the staff, one should be specific about what you are praising; acknowledge both the effort and the outcome; state the impact on the firm and the impact on you personally.
    Finally, reward the person’s efforts. The reward can be in the form of an open letter of praise, or the right to choose and manage a project or an opportunity to learn new skills that are in demand in the organization, or an opportunity to help develop an important new product for the company.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Solaitan said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

Well-managed employees will contribute their best to organizational objectives. They will also attain a high level of job satisfaction and self development.
    • I should believe that my workers are my greatest asset and hence treat them that way
    • I need to have a vision to be the best place to work in my industry
    • An individual may be driven primarily by the need for security, socialization, esteem, achievement, power or some combination of these. ‘The reward that an employee values most (as an incentive to maintain and improve performance) will be the one that contributes to the fulfillment of their strongest drive”,
    In summary, there are four (4) R’s that bring out the best in employees. These are Resources, Respect, Recognition and Rewards.
    Resources’ has to do with training and development of the employee. It can be on the job training, structured third party facilitated training, professional certificate etc. Provision of work tools also goes a long way to enhance a worker’s job.
    On respect, there is dignity in every job. Whether you are a cleaner or a general manager, everyone has a need to be respected. And when one is not accorded the respect due to him, there is the tendency to misbehave.
    When recognizing the efforts of the staff, one should be specific about what you are praising; acknowledge both the effort and the outcome; state the impact on the firm and the impact on you personally.
    Finally, reward the person’s efforts. The reward can be in the form of an open letter of praise, or the right to choose and manage a project or an opportunity to learn new skills that are in demand in the organization, or an opportunity to help develop an important new product for the company.

@Solaitan you have indeed put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees. I am intrigued by these indices of 4 Rs for motivation. Explicit and concise indeed!
    More so, can you share further what some of the challenges you face regarding motivation are?

Thanks

• Course Facilitator

Great work, @mz 1! You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees. What are some of the challenges you face regarding motivation?

• Hello,
    i am Bushra Rana from Pakistan. though i have no organization, but i have seen one organization motivating the employees by sharing with them the annual profit of the organization through increasing them in the salary scale and sometimes having a annual cerebration with them eating, drinking and other staffs then the employees by that way they feel much honored and they surely get motivated.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Organizations need to value their employees more, currently there are no incentives in place at my organization; however my first employer use to offer bonuses at the end of the year or a profit share if the company makes a profit.

• Course Facilitator

Great exposure @bushrarana777 and @ayannagenas. You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees from within your organization and outside it.
    Can you share further what some of the challenges you face regarding motivation are?

Thanks

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@pauldanson said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

Great exposure @bushrarana777 and @ayannagenas. You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees from within your organization and outside it.

Thanks

Some of the major challenges I am facing with motivation is the lack of team spirit and culture diversity. The organization is divided into different sectors doing their own thing and therefore this cause a divide in unity and low team spirit. The culture diversity is also a major factor with people from different countries and class (classism is a big factor in my country).

P
    1 Reply
  • To motivate my employees to stay in my organizations
    Giving feedback is very important,have time to interact with them appreciation is also needed for a job well done, show gratitude.
    An increase in payment when necessary.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@ayannagenas said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

Thanks

Some of the major challenges I am facing with motivation is the lack of team spirit and culture diversity. The organization is divided into different sectors doing their own thing and therefore this cause a divide in unity and low team spirit. The culture diversity is also a major factor with people from different countries and class (classism is a big factor in my country).

@ayannagenas, I share in that factual challenge. Is very true that most organizations irrespective of it's size or type faces culture diversity. But with the below tips, I am confidence you can overcome this challenge:-

5 Ways to Overcome Cultural Barriers at Work

1-Learn a few key phrases. Because clear communication is essential for effective functioning, it is necessary that each of your employees understand what your clients and customers need. ...

2- Learn your client's culture. ...

3- Promote appreciation of cultural differences. ...

4- Be open to trying new things. ...

5- Be accommodating.

• Course Facilitator

@princeanniefone25 said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

To motivate my employees to stay in my organizations
    Giving feedback is very important,have time to interact with them appreciation is also needed for a job well done, show gratitude.
    An increase in payment when necessary.

Explicit @princeanniefone25! You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees from within your organization and outside it.

• Employees are motivated by giving incentive during end of the year to the best staff of the year early, commission are given on any business brought by any staff, prize is given to a well dressed over time and so on

• I did not know that I had to set a calendar for performance management, I realized that my strategy lacked a lot of the formalities taught in this module. I learned a great deal about employee motivation. Thank you so much!

• @Course_Operations said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

The only means by which we motivate our employees is to give money to those thant performed well but i learnt in this study other means of motivation which includes;

1. By promotion of the employees that did well on the task assigned to them

2. By giving award to the champions in their duties. Such as Certificates etc.

3. Privilege to attend Workshops, Seminars etc

• Going through the response, everyone has highlighted how to effective motivate employees. I will just add that team leads or HOD should give employees wings to fly.

• I motivate my employees through different means
    having their picture displayed for a period of time at the reception,
    scholarship to further education
    giving out citation
    call credits given and many more
    These has actually worked very well.

• Employee can be motivated by making them feel like team of founders.

• Currently, in my company for workers to commit to working over a long period of time we motivate them in the following manner:
    • We recognize great work, whereby we pad on a shoulder an individual who has performed well and at the end of the fiscal year we give awards to the best.
    • We set SMART goals, whereby we set small and measurable goals to the tasks so that each and every individual can visualize the progress.
    • We celebrate results, where by each and every achievement is celebrated. So that the workers can persevere to go on with the tasks.
    • We stay positive, whereby even if thing are not going our way or if have obstacles we stay positive that we will achieve what we desire in the company.
    • We encourage teamwork, whereby we emphasize to the employees that work becomes simple when we work together, not in silos.
    I do not know any company which is doing all this.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

hey @bushrarana777 ,thanks for sharing your thoughts,what else did you learn from the course ?

• Course Facilitator

Great work, @MaletsikaHaneseMotsokotsi , You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees. What are some of the challenges you face regarding motivation?

• Course Facilitator

@hajee @Lissy @adesuwan007 @worldmissionlives @arosmay20 @MaletsikaHaneseMotsokotsi, great exposure. You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees from within your organization and outside it.

Thanks

1 Reply
  • I motivated them by accepting their criticisms and giving them guidance, which created in them a very strong self-confidence

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Kfkouame said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

I motivated them by accepting their criticisms and giving them guidance, which created in them a very strong self-confidence

@kfkouame, great exposure. You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees from within your organization and outside it.

Thanks

• Course Facilitator

Hello Learner,

As we enter the last week on this course, I want you to:
    **** note that this week is the last week of the course for learners to submit final ORA peer assessments they did not complete, answer any remaining questions on the discussion board and fill your Feeback Survey via https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:Acumen+HumanCapital_101+7_1.22_20190520_20190630/courseware/357b5fe8b50b45ffb62c2a45a9d7e4cd/1889ff7f0e6f44e69385360b7df02a11/?active_tab=Conclusion-Feedback Survey.

**** secondly, learners are notified that we have additional resources that you might find useful as you further your experience and skills in this area via https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:Acumen+HumanCapital_101+7_1.22_20190520_20190630/courseware/357b5fe8b50b45ffb62c2a45a9d7e4cd/cc1a30f554374821a78fbc24e1816a8c/?active_tab=Conclusion-You're Done! What's Next?

**** thirdly, like to appreciate you for:

• choosing to learn under us @philanthropyUniversity and to know we have other tailored courses for your needs. Thus, take advantage as you continue to learn.

• creating time amidst your tight schedules and involving data resources to the success of you concluding this course.

• for comporting and coordinating yourself in a well organised manner and for harmoniously working with other colleagues on the course without hitch.
      Lastly, i say a big CONGRATULATIONS !!!! for successfully completing this learning.

Thank you....

• Our Organization(BCN) motivates its employees through:

1. Provision of supportive leadership:
      Our supportive leaders work closely with employees - trust and a sympathetic ear are powerful incentives for keeping veterans focused and developing new talent.
    2. Empowering the individual:
      Every employee is valued as an individual. They are encouraged to display aspirational personal items.
    3. Creating a positive environment:
      Our work environment is a place that puts employees at ease while encouraging productivity.
    4. Encouraging teamwork:
      Through teamwork, employees learn to trust each other and to look beyond themselves.
    5. Recognize & reward:
      Our employees are recognized and rewarded on a regular basis which remind employees that they are appreciated, and help them to balance short- and long-term goals.
    6. Knock out boredom:
      In order to maintain motivation at the office, things are kept lively and new. Avoiding routine by allowing employees to explore and be inventive is done.
    7. Eliminate dissatisfaction:
      BCN provides supportive leadership which does everything possible to eliminate sources of dissatisfaction as uncertainty about the future, intrusive supervision and excessive paperwork.
    P
    1 Reply
  • @iliyabalaenai said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

I try to be close to all employees, standing by them at there trying times and also giving them surprise bonuses an holidays also sparing time to visit there homes.

This is a good way to motivate employees. Keep it up

• Intersting approach

• I motivate my employees through giving them incentives, Fringe benefits, training and development as at when due and participating decision making

P
    1 Reply
  • @pauldanson said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

@hajee @Lissy @adesuwan007 @worldmissionlives @arosmay20 @MaletsikaHaneseMotsokotsi, great exposure. You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees from within your organization and outside it.

Thanks

I think my biggest challenge is figuring out how to keep employees motivated when the organization is so young and can't provide high financial incentives and even high salaries. Hopefully this module gave me great insight on non-financial incentives to keep employees motivated! We'll be alright, I'm sure.

S
    P
    2 Replies
  • Motivating employees is one of the key element of an organizational success.

P
    1 Reply
  • I motivate my employees through monetary and non monetary incentives such as; extra commission of 2% bonus from monthly sales and awards such as; best staff of the year, most productive salesperson, among others.

P
    1 Reply
  • @Lissy said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

Thanks

I think my biggest challenge is figuring out how to keep employees motivated when the organization is so young and can't provide high financial incentives and even high salaries. Hopefully this module gave me great insight on non-financial incentives to keep employees motivated! We'll be alright, I'm sure.

Yes..... Not all motivations should be monetary. A Sincere appreciation on work done is another means of keeping your employees working effectively.

• Course Facilitator

@Opap_Fredrick said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

Our Organization(BCN) motivates its employees through:

1. Provision of supportive leadership:
      Our supportive leaders work closely with employees - trust and a sympathetic ear are powerful incentives for keeping veterans focused and developing new talent.
    2. Empowering the individual:
      Every employee is valued as an individual. They are encouraged to display aspirational personal items.
    3. Creating a positive environment:
      Our work environment is a place that puts employees at ease while encouraging productivity.
    4. Encouraging teamwork:
      Through teamwork, employees learn to trust each other and to look beyond themselves.
    5. Recognize & reward:
      Our employees are recognized and rewarded on a regular basis which remind employees that they are appreciated, and help them to balance short- and long-term goals.
    6. Knock out boredom:
      In order to maintain motivation at the office, things are kept lively and new. Avoiding routine by allowing employees to explore and be inventive is done.
    7. Eliminate dissatisfaction:
      BCN provides supportive leadership which does everything possible to eliminate sources of dissatisfaction as uncertainty about the future, intrusive supervision and excessive paperwork.

@Opap_Fredrick, great exposure. You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees from within your organization.

Thanks for this shared with us.

• Course Facilitator

@diyaoluolasunkanmi said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

I motivate my employees through giving them incentives, Fringe benefits, training and development as at when due and participating decision making

@diyaoluolasunkanmi, great exposure. You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees from within your organization. Kindly share swiftly with us the problems your organization face with motivating employee.

• Course Facilitator

@Lissy said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

Thanks

@Lissy, you have stressed a challenging point there. Thanks for sharing and remember we have to continue to motivate employees, because they get the work done...

• Course Facilitator

@KAVITA_T said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

Motivating employees is one of the key element of an organizational success.

@KAVITA_T, I agree with you on the above point, though want you to share some of the motivating elements with us.
    Likewise, can you share further what some of the challenges you face regarding motivation are?

Thanks

• Course Facilitator

@samonibokun said in Module 4: Motivating Employees:

I motivate my employees through monetary and non monetary incentives such as; extra commission of 2% bonus from monthly sales and awards such as; best staff of the year, most productive salesperson, among others.

@samonibokun, great exposure! You have put a lot of thought into your long-term commitments to motivating employees from within your organization.
    Please your response should be swift.

Thanks

• I encourage employees by rewarding them every month for their performance and on the basis of consistent present with 0 leaves at office. Will reward them in the form of vouchers.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.