Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• I think that you should create a M&E plan because it will assist your organisation in keeping track of the impact of the product or services that they are offering. This would help the organisation assess its contribution within its respective communities and seek ways to make improvements where applicable, in order to ultimately reach its set set target and objectives.

N
    1 Reply
  • I think I will go with @darcygray because the M&E plan will give you accountability of the whole project, as this will enable you monitor it's progress and shortcomings. This will make you more confident about the project success and make it convincing to the donors.

• I equally agree with @SergioAkueson. This is totally true as this will make the Organization able to track success, adjust policies and make informed decisions that will make the whole project better if they notice any hitches during the project implementation. And this can only happen when there is an M&E plan for the Project.

• Hi everyone,
    I believe that M&E will be very much important to MEH because it will help them to track performance and success of the project. Without it, they are working blindly and anything is bound to happen along the way.

I'm also a Vitim of this. I have a small community based organization (CBO) that I managed as I work in the office. We started maize and ginger farming with women in one village but we have no M&E for that ongoing project. I have already sensed the relevant of the M&E in project implantation and I'm glad to be part of this course to develop one for our ongoing project.

Thank you all leaders!

1 Reply
  • @nafulasmamai said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

It helps to track implementation and outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of programmes. Further, it helps determine exactly when a programme is on track and when changes may be needed thus forming the basis for modification of interventions and assessing the quality of activities being conducted.

I agree, when you have systems in place, it is easier to track progress and to pick up dips in activity/progress as soon as they surface

1 Reply
  • @ReatlegilePhiri said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create a M&E plan because it will assist your organisation in keeping track of the impact of the product or services that they are offering. This would help the organisation assess its contribution within its respective communities and seek ways to make improvements where applicable, in order to ultimately reach its set set target and objectives.

I agree. It is easier to keep track of the amount of work that has gone into a project when M&E is tight. Most work gets lost in not capturing the day to day.

• Course Facilitator

@aakamara01 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Hi everyone,
    I believe that M&E will be very much important to MEH because it will help them to track performance and success of the project. Without it, they are working blindly and anything is bound to happen along the way.

I'm also a Vitim of this. I have a small community based organization (CBO) that I managed as I work in the office. We started maize and ginger farming with women in one village but we have no M&E for that ongoing project. I have already sensed the relevant of the M&E in project implantation and I'm glad to be part of this course to develop one for our ongoing project.

Thank you all leaders!

thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts @aakamara01, normally M&E is very important to track implementation systematically, and helps improve performance. it helps also to improve current and future management...

• Course Facilitator

@NozukoPoni said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@nafulasmamai said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

It helps to track implementation and outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of programmes. Further, it helps determine exactly when a programme is on track and when changes may be needed thus forming the basis for modification of interventions and assessing the quality of activities being conducted.

I agree, when you have systems in place, it is easier to track progress and to pick up dips in activity/progress as soon as they surface

i agree with you @NozukoPoni, if you are affiliated with an Organization in your locality, what type of M&E system does your organization currently use?

• Hello! I will convince the MEH`s project manager by telling that monitoring and evaluation can help them to measure their project, shows its statistic of their progress, make comparison of the objectives vs the accomplished and of course, M&E can be used to make decisions.

H
    1 Reply
  • There is a great need of measuring the progress of the project. It minimizes the risk of the project's failure. Also helps to identify the problems or challenges associated with the programme planning, implementation and monitoring(PME) . It helps to identify the indicators and possible strategies for collection of data for our reporting which can please to resource partner for continuing of partnership with MEH.

H
    1 Reply
  • M&E is getting its traction day by day as the donors and beneficiaries are demanding for evidence to see that the projects are achieving desired outcome and the resources are not being wasted.

• @dassantosh1968 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

There is a great need of measuring the progress of the project. It minimizes the risk of the project's failure. Also helps to identify the problems or challenges associated with the programme planning, implementation and monitoring(PME) . It helps to identify the indicators and possible strategies for collection of data for our reporting which can please to resource partner for continuing of partnership with MEH.

The last part seems particularly important as the implementing NGOs have to convince donors that their money is being spent well.

• @ale_issabel said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Hello! I will convince the MEH`s project manager by telling that monitoring and evaluation can help them to measure their project, shows its statistic of their progress, make comparison of the objectives vs the accomplished and of course, M&E can be used to make decisions.

Very well said. Monitoring specially can do a lot in terms of making or adapting decision based on the information coming.

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because as it helps to assess the achievements of project set targets and helps to take necessary action for the deviations which ultimately keep the project in right track. M&E plan helps the project staff to track the performances, analyze and measure the outcomes. It also helps to assess the effectiveness of projects and the efficient use of resources.

• I think you should create an M$E plan for the sake of making sure that the funds allocated to the project are being consumed competently. Also, an M$E plan is essential in ensuring that the project is working efficiently towards fulfilling its objectives.

A
    2 Replies
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because that help you to ensure project deliverable are in place

A
    1 Reply
  • I think you should develop a M&E plan because it will help you to analyze the progress of the program,if you are really getting your aim and object right. It can also help you to redefine your goals if you're not getting the target.

1 Reply
  • It will help the organisation to achieve its goal efficiently and also track the progress. Moreover M&E will also help our organisation members to stay focused and give them a better direction.

C
    2 Replies
  • @Ramesh39 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because that help you to ensure project deliverable are in place

yes

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@martin76 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it will enable you to assign tasks to systematically collect data and analyze for you to know if the project in meeting its intended objectives

It's a process to collecting project's informations in a regular basis to measure the success of projects,

• Course Facilitator

@abhilashkjohn said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Ramesh39 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because that help you to ensure project deliverable are in place

yes

That's true @Ramesh39, M&E plan helps to measure how well the project activities have been achieved the project's objectives.

• Course Facilitator

@abhilashkjohn said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

It will help the organisation to achieve its goal efficiently and also track the progress. Moreover M&E will also help our organisation members to stay focused and give them a better direction.

It helps also for decision making about the effectiveness of the project..

• Course Facilitator

@SYLVIA_MANGATA said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M$E plan for the sake of making sure that the funds allocated to the project are being consumed competently. Also, an M$E plan is essential in ensuring that the project is working efficiently towards fulfilling its objectives.

I agree with you @SYLVIA_MANGATA

• The importance of M&E and the need to have an M&E Plan cannot not be overemphasized for the following reasons:
    a. it helps an organization tell its success story
    b. it helps in decisionmaking
    c. it helps to ensure the efficient use of scarce resources
    d. it helps in identifying relevant indicators to measure
    e. it helps you document experiences and lessens learnt can be use to design a better programme in future
    f. Relevant monitoring informations collected can help you understand problem areas
    g. it help you to measure at the end of the day whether or not the outcome recorded has achieved the ultimate project objective

• When we have control about our KPIs, we can make a plan to improve our business. So, M&E is important to understand where and how we are now, and to plan where we are going.

• Because it's gives you a guild on effectiveness of your intervention show your areas of strength and weaknesses and if there is need to change strategies too

1 Reply
  • @Course_Operations said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because
    it is very important to measure your progress against your objectives. It will help you and your team to track project progress, as well as other stakeholders to understand where the project stands, what changes does it need.

• @BASSANE said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should have a M&E plan because it's a fundamental instrument which can help you to appreciate the evolution of your poject, the achievement of your targets and the satisfaction of these beneficiaries. It gives the specific indicators that enable your organisation and donors to appreciate the effectiveness of the poject team as well as the efficiency in the use of ressources.

Totally agree, M&E assists not only the PM, but also other stakeholders, as donor, community, beneficiaries

• @SYLVIA_MANGATA said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M$E plan for the sake of making sure that the funds allocated to the project are being consumed competently. Also, an M$E plan is essential in ensuring that the project is working efficiently towards fulfilling its objectives.

Agree. Budget/funds issue is also very imprortant, we should remember that every humanitarian operation costs money and as PM we should be responsible for it

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@andason16 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E Plan because it will help you design your implementation strategy for the collection, analysis and use of data needed for program / project management and it will enable you know what to be accountable to stakeholders.

@andason16, M&E will help you to track the implementation of a project or program, ....

• Course Facilitator

@arefevaolgaevg said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@SYLVIA_MANGATA said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Agree. Budget/funds issue is also very imprortant, we should remember that every humanitarian operation costs money and as PM we should be responsible for it

I agree with you @SYLVIA_MANGATA, M&E will help you for decision making,...

• Course Facilitator

@DaagemaAnastasia said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Because it's gives you a guild on effectiveness of your intervention show your areas of strength and weaknesses and if there is need to change strategies too

That's correct @DaagemaAnastasia

• Course Facilitator

@nursemusty13 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should develop a M&E plan because it will help you to analyze the progress of the program,if you are really getting your aim and object right. It can also help you to redefine your goals if you're not getting the target.

@nursemusty13, M&E reveals when changes may be needed.

• Course Facilitator

@ryansucipto said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@simtasken87 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it helps you to create appropriate links with the creditors or donors in a comprehensive manner. Due to impressive proposal, with good budget design, donors will be lured and progressively continue funding. Donors release funds to clear and transparent budgetary reports with comprehensive statistics which are easy to monitor and evaluate. Therefore, coming up with MEL plan it helps to identify the strengths and weaknesses which similarly or adversely pronounced by your team. it also helps to identify the risks that may affect the project. it also assist the team to exercise professionalism in conducting project management. it helps the team to come up with effective project design for their management

I think M&E is really good to measure the impact. And of course your argument about creditor and donor really have a point. Since they are also the stakeholder of the project

Very helpful for decision making about the effectiveness of a projects or program....

• @Otiti said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan to help you to identify the indicators and possible strategies for collecting data which is essential for our reporting and grant application. The plan highlights what should be measure, how it should measured,, people involved in the measurement and how long it should take for you to first.

I do agree with you,
    creating a useful M&E plan helps MEH in every step of its project. for instance, it can help MEH clearly understand the goals and objectives of its project, find out the indicators and the ways to measure them. Not only that, but it will allow them to ensure whether they are reaching their target or not, or if the money and resources are being used efficiently, or are they noticing any success or there problems that need to be fixed. having a M&E plan help them answer all of such questions.

• It can be state that M&E plan is the backbone of a project. Without any M&E plan, it is difficult for an organization to run a project successfully. Donors will not show any interest to fund any project that does not have M&E plan. Having a successful M&E plan allows project owners to ensure that their project is on the track at every step of the project. Before the problems are getting big, M&E plan helps them solve it at the earliest time possible. M&E plan helps organizations to measure their success or failure at every step of their project, and help them figure out which of the team members should collect the data, who should manage, analyse or use the data.

• Creating a M&E plan is crucial for any organization. Running any project without M&E plan is like driving a car but not having any idea of where to go. M&E plan can help an organization convince donors to fund the project. Not only that, but it also allows them to figure out whether their project is on the track, whether it is leading to success or not. it helps them find ways to measure the success and collect the data, analyse and use it correctly.

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 1.

Imagine that you are GOOD’s project manager. You are trying to convince MEH’s project manager to create an M&E plan. In the discussion forum, explain what you would you say to MEH’s project manager.

Sample Post: I think that you should create an M&E plan because __________ .

Respond to at least two of your peers’ messages. Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?

I think that you should create an M&E plan because first of all this let you clarify the headlines of the project and will help you :

1. Planning all activities according to the project M&E
    2. Plan who are going to be indeed a part of the project
    3. Communicate the purpose of the project to the sponsor and all organization involved in your project
  • I think you need to create an M&E plan because data is everything in the 21st century and it will help for the successful of the project and also makes easy for the fund-raising.

• I think you should create an M&E plan because it will help you measure: the number of loans you have given out; the number of girls that have received the loan; the number of new business the loans help girls to get started and how the project can be improved. It will help you to know the general progress of the project and when something starts going wrong, then you catch the problem right away and make necessary changes.

• @abhilashkjohn said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

It will help the organisation to achieve its goal efficiently and also track the progress. Moreover M&E will also help our organisation members to stay focused and give them a better direction.

Yes M&E helps to track the progress of the organisation and to make changes when need arises.

• @Virginia_maria said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because if you evaluate throughout the process, in case something goes not according to plan, you can make adjustments avoiding waste of time, money, energy and frustration in your team.

I agree with you M&E helps you to adjust your plans.

• I will tell MEH project manager that I think that an M&E plan is important because it will help her identify what to measure, How to collect the information needed, it will help her be able to monitor the progress of the project and be able to evaluate it an the end of the year to know if the project was a success or not. Aslo, if the project has met the objectives.

• M&E is an inevitable part of project management. it is a process that runs through the entire project life cycle. Even informal village. Project managers conduct M&E unknowingly.

• Whenever there is an absence or a weak team for M&E, the probability of project failure is imminent.

• You should create an M&E plan because this will help to measure the progress of your activities, and also measures how well the project activities have achieved the project’s objectives

• Monitoring and Evaluation course is needed to measure the progress of the project or activity of the organization and also measure how well the project activities have achieved the projects objectives and how much changes in outcomes can be directly linked to a project's intervention.

• @ArinolaDosunmu said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

You should create a Monitoring and Evaluation plan to measure the progress of the project or activity of the organization and also measure how well the project activities have achieved the projects objectives and how much changes in outcomes can be directly linked to a project's intervention.

• @LawalGodwin said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Good Day Gentlemen and Ladies, I think M& E is very important in this type of project

Hello,

I am writing to state that creating an M&E plan is essential to any project. Running a project without M&E plan is like driving a car without having any idea where to go. M&E plan helps any organisation find out its strength and weakness points and to ensure if the project is on the track.

• I think you should create a M &E plan because as Peter Drucker rightly put it, "what gets measured gets managed.” It is hard to managed any project without measuring and monitoring the impact of the strategies you have put in place if there are working or not. Without a M&E plan, you will be drifting along with no sense of direction. M&E plan ensures project activities get to achieve the set objectives, resources are well utilized and any deviation from the set objectives can be corrected before it's too late.

• As an organization, it is crucial to develop a strong M&E plan to help us track progress and project our next steps. We are off to a great start by recording how many accounts are opened at each location, as well as tracking the impact. But the more information we can obtain, the richer the quality of our service can become. This will help create firm foundation for growth.

• This course is good for me because of my dream of having my organization concerning the Education opportunity in my country

• I think you should create M&E because it shows the progress of your work how it's done weather bits going to be successful or not .

• Without any M & E Plan you will not be able to measure the progress of the activities of your project. When you will create an M & E plan you will have knowledge of your goals, inputs/resources involved, outputs and outcomes on a paper explaining the each step of the project. This will lead you to gauge the ongoing progress and performance of the project. You will know what you have achieved against the target set.

• The importance of Monitoring and Evaluation is more than just a measuring and gauging performance tool. It speaks to an overarching sense of 1. accountability, 2. transparency, and 3. governance, and 4. best practice methods.

These are aspects that both private and public entities fail at on a domestic and global platform. having a strong M&E is like a compass, and your plan that sets the focus and crystallizes your objective. It mitigates risk, ensures oversight and the added ability to rectify problems and obstacles where they emerge.

It is a guiding tool that should enable anyone who walks into your organisation to pick up the tool and run with it. The benefit is in ability of observing the work that has gone in, what remains outstanding, oncoming landmarks on the horizon and where your plane meets the air.

Y
    1 Reply
  • Creating an M&E gives a holistic view of the project to be implemented, it allows one to use appropriate methodology in addressing inadequacies

• @darcygray said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is debating.

Strongly agreed

• @OkoTheoCamngca said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

The importance of Monitoring and Evaluation is more than just a measuring and gauging performance tool. It speaks to an overarching sense of 1. accountability, 2. transparency, and 3. governance, and 4. best practice methods.

These are aspects that both private and public entities fail at on a domestic and global platform. having a strong M&E is like a compass, and your plan that sets the focus and crystallizes your objective. It mitigates risk, ensures oversight and the added ability to rectify problems and obstacles where they emerge.

It is a guiding tool that should enable anyone who walks into your organisation to pick up the tool and run with it. The benefit is in ability of observing the work that has gone in, what remains outstanding, oncoming landmarks on the horizon and where your plane meets the air.

strongly agreed

• @PearlUtuk said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

To ensure that targeted members in the targeted communities are benefiting from activities conducted,
    To identify issues and challenges, learn from them and find solutions to emerging problems.
    To ensure funds and resources are used properly and effectively.
    To ensure that activities are on schedule.
    To review projected costs, timelines and deliverables and yo explain variances from the original plan.
    To demonstrate success and to attract new funds.
    To generate information for donors and relevant stakeholders.
    To ensure accountability, integrity, learning and decision making.

Y
    1 Reply
  • @yahayasaleem said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@PearlUtuk said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

To ensure that targeted members in the targeted communities are benefiting from activities conducted,
    To identify issues and challenges, learn from them and find solutions to emerging problems.
    To ensure funds and resources are used properly and effectively.
    To ensure that activities are on schedule.
    To review projected costs, timelines and deliverables and yo explain variances from the original plan.
    To demonstrate success and to attract new funds.
    To generate information for donors and relevant stakeholders.
    To ensure accountability, integrity, learning and decision making.

Wow those are great reasons to create M&E plan.

• @Lissb89 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@ChrisKuria said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Because it is very vital to monitor the project activities, outputs, outcomes and evaluate its impact to ensure maximum benefits and achievement of its intended purpose and goals and as well as to constantly track progress towards attainment of the project objectives.

Hello. It is a really good summary of ideas. Project tracking is the key!

yes

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because it would help define your targets. Creating a detailed plan will help you measure the progress, identify areas of improvements, and give you an opportunity to scale throughout the MEH project.

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 1.

Imagine that you are GOOD’s project manager. You are trying to convince MEH’s project manager to create an M&E plan. In the discussion forum, explain what you would you say to MEH’s project manager.

Sample Post: I think that you should create an M&E plan because __________ .

Respond to at least two of your peers’ messages. Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?

• @Otiti said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan to help you to identify the indicators and possible strategies for collecting data which is essential for our reporting and grant application. The plan highlights what should be measure, how it should measured,, people involved in the measurement and how long it should take for you to first.

I Totally agree with @Otiti. In Addition, A monitoring and evaluation plan is a document that helps you and your organization to track and assess the results of the interventions throughout the life of a program. Meaning it is an essential document in ensuring success of not only projects but the organization in the long run.

• A monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan is a document that helps to track and assess the results of the interventions throughout the life of a program. It assess progress of the program toward achieving its goals and objectives in the long run.

• there is need to come up with a monitoring and evaluation plan because it is the only way by which they can track progress of their project and measure the outcome and impact of their project.

Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?

M&E plan is needed before beginning any monitoring activities so that there is a clear plan for what questions about the program need to be answered. It will help program staff decide how they are going to collect data to track indicators, how monitoring data will be analyzed, and how the results of data collection will be disseminated both to the donor and internally among staff members for program improvement. M&E data alone is not useful until someone puts it to use! An M&E plan will help make sure data is being used efficiently to make programs as effective as possible and to be able to report on results at the end of the program.

• Hi Good after noon all of, We should prepare M&E plan because it will helps us create steps with timeline for implementing program activities to reach the Goal and objectives. It would help us to measure our performance and where we stand in the program implementation.

• I think you need prepare an M&E plan because it enable you to identify what works and what doesn't work. It will also allow you to re-visit your strategies. Of course for consistency of funding you need data from your M&E. I'm sure that you already have a mission to achieve or objective areas already outlined in your project plan with different strategies to achieve that, so with their M&E plan you will be able to identify the success of your project.

• because you want to know how many loans you give out and how many business you will help to get start

• This was a great section for better understanding of M&E project activities

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it shall help you understand the requirements of the project so that measures can be put in place to meet these requirements while tracking any progress made. The plan also restores donor confidence since it provides a step by step approach to the project which the donors can easily follow. Achievements also become easier to quantify and this is very useful when developing concepts for either a new project or project extension.

An M&E plan is important because it sets the pace that an organisation takes while also showing the direction that the organisation should take. The organisation's goal can be realized through the formulation of this plan since it provides a brief description of the project and the steps that can be taken to reach the goal. it shows the type of information that will be needed, how it can be collected then later use. the plan also shows how the impact that the project is making can be measured and this information is important to both the program and the donors. the roles and responsibilities of the partners involved in the project are also clearly laid out in an M&E plan and this gives the staff a sense of ownership of the project and this boosts their morale which is essential in the success of any project

It is dangerous to set unrealistic targets since they demoralize the stakeholders; the donors, the beneficiaries and the staff. The targets are the marks that show if a project is achieving its intended objectives so if they are unrealistic it implies that the project may never be able to meet the intended use. During formation of these targets, it is important to that the team puts into consideration the factor of objectivity so that bias is eliminated. Targets that are to be set must be set before research and consultation with the different stakeholders and also relying on the available funding. This should enable the team to make informed decisions when setting the targets of the various projects.

• It is needed as it gives proper direction to project and helps in optimum utilization of resources available.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.