Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• I am excited about being an advocate for children

My name is Janora Shaw-Hicks and I live in Schertz, Texas and I love helping children. I am currently restructuring my 501c3 to help children who have night terrors and nightmares. It is such a rewarding position, and I am honored to be in their lives. I am also going to be opening a center soon. I am not going to limit myself but help where I can and where I am needed the world is a huge place and there are many who need help.

P
    T
    T
    3 Replies
  • Hi I like your centre already,
    My name is Portia Pita based in South Africa I also excited to be here I'm in my module 4 already so I will be advocating for children living with mental disabilities, I'm opening a centre soon.
    I feel n have seen there is a lot of neglect in my country if not the entire world when in comes to mental problems.
    So I have taken it upon myself to stand n be the voice that will fight for these beautiful people who constantly need our help to get around the world in trying to be as much normal as possible.

• Im also exicted to implement that on my country to help children in need as we don't have much organisation focused on advocating for children

• I believe that at the end of the day, no matter what you are advocating for, its so that our children can have better than we had. When we fight for housing rights and against discriminations, and criminal justice reform, it's for our children. What hurts the most, it's a whole bunch of folks who already lived their lives making it hard and unbearable, creating laws that benefit them, putting profit over people.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.