Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Module 5: Learning from Case Studies

You heard stories of inspiring organizations in this module. What insight from their stories was most relevant to your organization? Which lessons were not relevant to your organization? Read at least two peers' responses. Did they identify insights that you missed?

Example Post: Based on the case of Tennessee Child Welfare Services, I learned how important it is to plan for perverse effects that may result from tying funding to outcomes. This is an incredibly relevant step to consider for my own work as I plan for RBF. However, unlike Tennessee Child Welfare Services, my organization does not create cost savings for the government. This reinforced for me that my organization is not well-suited for Social Bonds.

H
    1 Reply
  • Have drawn insights from the articles have read, that RBF to function required excellent data management that will inform all the decision making. Indicators must be clearly be defined so that the outcomes can be easily and clearly measured. Also risks must be well searched and analyzed as these will help to put the project on the right track.

• Have drawn insights from the articles have read, that RBF to function required excellent data management that will inform all the decision making. Indicators must be clearly be defined so that the outcomes can be easily and clearly measured. Also risks must be well searched and analyzed as these will help to put the project on the right track.

• Hello am Suwilanji Simfukwe from Zambia, am a Biomdeical Scientist. Have done a number of courses on this platform they are really good, they sharpened up my personal capacity. Am grateful to Philanthropy University for this initiative. I welcome all my friends taking this course and I wish each one of you great success. I want to undertake all fundraising courses.

• One thing for sure is that its the first time I am learning that there is RBF. Secondly, its one area that will help roll up the work of M&E in development from a government point of view. The Educate Girls issue has shown that DIB can be widely applied as long as their is an investor and its applicable in developing world. RBF is really empowering and all players work on their feet.

• Reading about the educate girls RBF case, it was clear that an organization wanting to try RBF must be confident about her previous impact which demonstrates that they are able to successfully implement an RBF case. A history of past evaluations that demonstrates that the organization met her targets go along way in building this confidence.

E
    1 Reply
  • RBF is worth learning

• They had excellent data capture and measurement tools.

• The required reading on the Tennessee DCS provided several insightful details concerning consensus building. That the stakeholders were able to align themselves to one shared goal without much political push-back due to strong public opinion demonstrated how much the political climate has changed in the last fifteen year; at present, political and public debate in the US seems entrenched in very polarizing viewpoints without much common ground evident. That DCS, once onboard with RBF, was able to identify, acknowledge, and then respond to an unexpected outcome, revealed not only a willingness by local staff to administer the program but regional offices to embrace evidence-based practices. And finally, that DCS had to, not only re-educate providers, but also existing partners like judges, showed their organizational capacity to engaged stakeholders.

• The required reading on the Tennessee DCS provided several insightful details concerning consensus building. That the stakeholders were able to align themselves to one shared goal without much political push-back due to strong public opinion demonstrated how much the political climate has changed in the last fifteen year; at present, political and public debate in the US seems entrenched in very polarizing viewpoints without much common ground evident. That DCS, once onboard with RBF, was able to identify, acknowledge, and then respond to an unexpected outcome, revealed not only a willingness by local staff to administer the program but regional offices to embrace evidence-based practices. And finally, that DCS had to, not only re-educate providers, but also existing partners like judges, showed their organizational capacity to engaged stakeholders.

• I totally believe that the idea that results-based finance can contribute to achieving long-term climate objectives is not new. What is novel is combining financing models, indicators linked to climate performance, and partnerships to create new investment alternatives that improve public spending and attract the private sector towards low-carbon transitioning efforts.

• I agree with your reply , they are implementing

• Definitely , M&E is in development phase from a government point of view as a fact .

• RBF is definitely worth learning topic for sure . It is very much essential and necessary .

• I found the stories of successful organizations in this module quite enlightening, especially the emphasis on the importance of staff capacity and a robust data management system. The insight that resonated most with my organization is the need to empower staff to deliver results effectively. However, our organization might not fully relate to the lessons on financial institutions' involvement, as our focus is more on grassroots initiatives. Overall, the emphasis on building a strong data-driven decision-making process is a key takeaway that aligns with our organization's goals

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.