Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @05051986 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hello,
    I am Joseph from Kenya and i am so happy to have chosen this course. i have learned a lot about the importance of developing team work at place of work, having a good organization values.
    looking forward to module 2

Hello Joseph. Im from Lenya too. I have learnt about the importance of values in any non profit . With the right values you will be able to hire people that have the same values and in the end having an impact in the world as a whole.

• Let the values grow organically 😊 Just like water flowing into the shape of an unknown vessel... when the water fills that vessel will we get to see the bigger picture .

• Preparing Mission to Value Chart was very good exercise and it provided food for thought and new insight for looking at values in a different way.

• @Cmnyarangi said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hi @Tenying thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

We are a very small organization. We are a group of friends who support each other. When a team member comes up with a project idea we discuss and support the idea and work together by making it possible.

1 Reply
  • We are at the beginning of our organization and I found Module 1 great for giving guidelines on how we can proceed from here. It was great not to feel overly pressured into developing culture and values right NOW, as it can be a natural process, as shown.

• Course Facilitator

That's awesome @Tenying ,what are some the projects have you worked on ?and what are some of the tips have you learnt on this module that you feel will help transform your organisation culture and values?

• @toniaedwin said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

This course, has broaden my understanding of the employees importance to an organisation. ' Your brand evangelist, are your employee" this really got me, seeing that the success of an organisation is majorly tied to the employee.
    I use to think that values are merely what drives an organisation, but now i know it not only drives, but also determines its success or failure.

@toniaedwin said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

This course, has broaden my understanding of the employees importance to an organisation. ' Your brand evangelist, are your employee" this really got me, seeing that the success of an organisation is majorly tied to the employee.
    I use to think that values are merely what drives an organisation, but now i know it not only drives, but also determines its success or failure.

strikethrough text

P
    1 Reply
  • @Kenroy said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@Mikay said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

I have learned that the defined values of an organization should not only be known to its employees but brought those values to life of employees on a daily basis.
    Also, help the employees think like an owner or founder. :)

True about this @Mikay . The values should be brought life to the employees on a daily basis, thereby it becomes a custom.

Your brand evangelist are your employees,so if you have a weak culture you have a weak brand really got me.
    Now I know better and now understand the value of investing in the employees.

• Great I completely agree with your submission because I shared the same view

• It was awesome identifying and then make them go from 15 - 17 values to less than 4.

• @Course_Operations said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 1

What was the most surprising new insight you gained about culture and values after completing Module 1?

After you contribute, make sure to browse what others have shared and leave a comment if you are inspired or intrigued. Feel free to simply ask questions to learn more as well.

I am Precious from Nigeria.
    This course is wow! I got so many insight first module. One of it is that effectiveness come as a result of team work as no man is an island of knowledge.
    Also in employing people, the mission and values of the organization should be of paramount importance to the employer because that will in turn help to build a strong culture and brand.
    And finally the experiences shared by New Story Charity, Acumen and Amal Academy were really inspiring.

• @abidemianimashaun91 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

I learned how to connect organisational values with missions of the organisation and how the mission help guide team behaviour in shaping organisational culture and achieving organisational goal.

Exactly. How mission can be broken down to values and then to the culture of the organisation in which every one in that organization behaves in a certain way to make a brand. That connection got me thinking.

P
    1 Reply
  • Now I understand that the bedrock of a successful organization lies under the effectiveness of understanding the mission and core value of the organization.
    My questions is how can we embody the value into our employees?

K
    1 Reply
  • @olamilekanadewole said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Now I understand that the bedrock of a successful organization lies under the effectiveness of understanding the mission and core value of the organization.
    My questions is how can we embody the value into our employees?

It might seem a hard nut to crack. Let me cite an example, I went to an organization on Monday 27th May, on the wall was a frame "21 Rules of Safety" now what caught my attention was the fact that the staff have to recite it every morning before the day starts. Now if they keep reciting it, it then becomes a custom and it will be embeded in their subconscious mind.

If employees are constantly reminded of the culture and values, they will never forget but get in line.

• @olamilekanadewole said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

how can we embody the value into our employees?

Are values answering the why of your business?

Corporate values often come from a historical perspective of your business. This can include how your business was started and why it is so important to continue. Employees should easily be able to tell from your values the WHY of what they do every day. If they don’t relate, it’s time to make some updates.
    Are employees engaged with your corporate vision?

Oftentimes, a vision statement can seem very obtuse to employees who do not understand how they fit into the bigger picture. It is important to know if your employees are actively engaged with what you are trying to accomplish as an organization. This should be clear from their behaviors and actions.

That is another point of view at this hour of the day 22 PM UY Time!

P
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone!
    I learnt that values and cultures are very important while establishing an organization. With this, you know the aim and objectives of establishing your organization.
    Thanks

What was the most surprising new insight you gained about culture and values after completing Module 1?
    I learnt that allowing values to emerge (participatory approach) from a shared vision can be much more effective and stimulating than having them crafted (unilaterally) by the leader/s, because this allows team members time to clarify their interest and expectations thus making the organization more stable over the long run.
    After you contribute, make sure to browse what others have shared and leave a comment if you are inspired or intrigued. Feel free to simply ask questions to learn more as well.

• I can identify with what Chelley is saying - the organizations i worked with (i am retired now) had written values and a touted culture, however having listened to the videos and studied the readings it is clear that culture is deeper than what is on paper and can be harder to define that we would wish to admit. This makes it important for the organization to craft a clear mission and allow the innate values of the team to rise to the surface so that the true intents and purposes will be distilled into a viable and sustainable mission.

• I still haven't started the organization, although this course has helped me to understand what to do for this have success. I'm very thankfull for doing this and I hope soon put all the ideas into practice.

• I have learnt the importance of investing in human capital in an organisation. In addition,is that success of an organisation is to a larger extent determined by how well is it rooted to its mission and core values. I have also gathered ideas of how one can regularly check in with employees to get a pulse on the organisational health, and also identify places where human capital strategy might need to be applied more intentionally. Also is that developing an organisation requires a collaboration with all relevant stakeholders.

• On this Module 1,
    Have being able to learned and again a new insights on how "Core Values" as developed our organization culture in order to achieve our stated mission.

• @dietoaustine said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

I have learnt about the relevance of values in developing strengthening human capacity and the less focus on financial resource scarcity as a possible hindrance

J
    F
    2 Replies
  • I'm very grateful to learn on how to visualize the value of an organization to display their relationships! Than you!

• @ramyasri0954 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@dietoaustine said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

I have learnt about the relevance of values in developing strengthening human capacity and the less focus on financial resource scarcity as a possible hindrance

wow! That is true!

• Dear All,
    Greetings!
    I am very happy to be a part of this great course ' Human Capital Strategy'

To build high performance team, it is very important to have a clear vision and mission. This course is unique in itself. The best part of the Module 1, that I liked is the case based understanding on Human Capital.

Three most liked and learned objectives are:

1. Human Capital is not about investing big amount of Money but, it requires time, right planning, and purposefulness.
    2. Team-Together everyone achieves more, can only be possible if everyone in the organization is rooted with the vision and mission of the company.
    3. Culture is the most significant factor of Human Capital Strategy. All successful organizations have a culture to follow and practice.
  • I learned that the quality of my team will determine the output of my organization. I also realised the vital role of value system, internal culture and a clear mission. When all these are in sync I am on my way to making real social impact.

• Bravo! Your clear points stated is an indication you got the lesson. Congratulations. I trust with these insight we will make a difference in our communities.

• THE importace of values

• I find it particularly exciting to combine the internal and external perspectives. It gives the values more substance and the opportunity for employees to link their work directly with the values. This gives life to both the vision and the mission.

• I have learnt the steps to creating an organisation structure based on culture creation and core values,mission statements.These identify you from the rest of the world and that every new employee must follow for growth.

• To be honest, I'm very surprised how easy it is to come up with an organization's mission Statement and the core values.

A
    1 Reply
  • Hello,
    I am Kpepime from Nigeria and I am glad I have chosen this course as I have learnt a lot

The most surprising thing I have learnt in Module 1 is the meaning of culture and branding as far as an organisation is concerned.

Knowing the difference between the two and their importance would help one strategise and strategise well.

• Module 1: has served as great eye opener to me. Because I have come to understand that for organization to thrive and achieve its goals and objectives there is need for core values and culture that eventually transcend into mission and vision of the organization.
    There's need for staff development through training and retraining to withstand business and environmental dynamics and to be able to impact effectively in the organization's growth.

• There must be balance in employees goals and of the organization.
    For you to build a strong/ human capital strategy does not requires a large amount of finance, it requires consistency.

• @LawrenceKariuki said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

To be honest, I'm very surprised how easy it is to come up with an organization's mission Statement and the core values.

Yes that's why training and education is important for employees in an organization Knowing makes things easier.

• Dear Instructor,
    The module was very enlightening and clear in all material sense.

Sincerely Yours

• Course Facilitator

I think the biggest eye opener for me is that how culture and values actually go hand in hand. It is something we assume or take for granted and not necessarily always pay attention to, yet it is a vital part of your successful existence...

• @UrsulaPritz said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

I find it particularly exciting to combine the internal and external perspectives. It gives the values more substance and the opportunity for employees to link their work directly with the values. This gives life to both the vision and the mission.

Absolutely, combining both internal and external values brings out a very exciting linkages.
    It ensures the values are owned and believed by all and sundry within an organisation.

It's highly important to keep the mission statement of the the organization clear to all times as you engage in different activities

• what I have learned most important in settings values according to our mission, that enables our employees to remember and work with them on daily basis. To keep a constant monitoring in order to move forwards and evaluate possible solutions to keep up to date

• That creating a mission statement is not as hard as I thought as long as you believe in the work you are doing.

• The most surprising thing i learnt in module I was how crucial it is for an organization to have its mission and values aligned and to articulate them in a way that the employees can embody them!!

• Course Facilitator

@EneDaniel said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

strikethrough text

thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here with us?

• I was surprised at how easy it was to move through the mission to values exercise. Our organization had not previously had concrete values because the board said it was too difficult to narrow them down.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@ashleymudd said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

I was surprised at how easy it was to move through the mission to values exercise. Our organization had not previously had concrete values because the board said it was too difficult to narrow them down.

@ashleymudd, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Though, what is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

• Course Facilitator

@EhigiatorPrecious said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@abidemianimashaun91 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

I learned how to connect organisational values with missions of the organisation and how the mission help guide team behaviour in shaping organisational culture and achieving organisational goal.

Exactly. How mission can be broken down to values and then to the culture of the organisation in which every one in that organization behaves in a certain way to make a brand. That connection got me thinking.

@EhigiatorPrecious, thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

• I learned the importance to align the mission statement with core values. These two elements are very important to move the company culture and to engage employees.

• Course Facilitator

@Guscar said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@olamilekanadewole said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

how can we embody the value into our employees?

Are values answering the why of your business?

Corporate values often come from a historical perspective of your business. This can include how your business was started and why it is so important to continue. Employees should easily be able to tell from your values the WHY of what they do every day. If they don’t relate, it’s time to make some updates.
    Are employees engaged with your corporate vision?

Oftentimes, a vision statement can seem very obtuse to employees who do not understand how they fit into the bigger picture. It is important to know if your employees are actively engaged with what you are trying to accomplish as an organization. This should be clear from their behaviors and actions.

That is another point of view at this hour of the day 22 PM UY Time!

@Guscar, thanks for responding to @olamilekanadewole swiftly culture and value pragmatic instances.

• Course Facilitator

@lambeqifayah, @Mykendall, @VuyisileMatsebula, @HEYBEE04, @ramyasri0954, @JosephMuchina, @KAVITA_T, @MichaelKusinu, @Kpebo, @Xiomara, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Though, what is the culture like at your distinct organizations? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here with us?

J
    G
    2 Replies
  • @pauldanson said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@lambeqifayah, @Mykendall, @VuyisileMatsebula, @HEYBEE04, @ramyasri0954, @JosephMuchina, @KAVITA_T, @MichaelKusinu, @Kpebo, @Xiomara, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Though, what is the culture like at your distinct organizations? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here with us?

Thanks for your feedback but unfortunately , I really don't have an organization but I'm curious to learn so I can start mine. Thanks

P
    1 Reply
  • Its important to remember that values are related to the mission of the organization.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@JosephMuchina said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@pauldanson said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Thanks for your feedback but unfortunately , I really don't have an organization but I'm curious to learn so I can start mine. Thanks

@JosephMuchina, thank you for feedback, though I don't mean your own organization you established. But where you are working or employed at the moment.

Inspired by your intention ok.

• Course Facilitator

@Alesamra said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Its important to remember that values are related to the mission of the organization.

@Alesamra , i really like the way you responded to this promptly. What changes do you plan to make at your organization after completing this module?

Please keep your views coming ok. We need them....!

• This course has made me understand that the need to make organization members understand the organization's vision, mission and values cannot be overemphasized as it plays a very vital role in overall success and sustainability of the organization.

• It is clear from this course that the mission and values of an organisation have direct relationship with the output of its staff and the eventual performance of the organisation. As such an organisations mission must be intentional and relatable to its values.

Sorry but I do not have best practices to share, as the organization I work is a public one, corporative with more than 1000 employees around the country, and centralized at Montevideo, (capital of UY), if I can find any be sure I will share.
    Regards

P
    1 Reply
  • Hello.
    I have learnt that deciding together and sharing values with others is a way to make the organization becoming a family. And acting as a family with the same goal is the best way to achieve it faster and easily, and to improve ourselves through a common culture.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Guscar said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Sorry but I do not have best practices to share, as the organization I work is a public one, corporative with more than 1000 employees around the country, and centralized at Montevideo, (capital of UY), if I can find any be sure I will share.
    Regards

@Guscar, all organizations being in public, private or NGO, have an corporate image/responsibility which is enshrined in it mission and vision as reason for it's existence. Thus, all organization be in large, medium or small in size have a culture and values that portrays it's image. You organization has practices and what it anchors on as values. Is like a name tag on a staff which is seen known as organizational profile in common sense.

You are rather less conscious or over conscious of it in your organization.

• Thanks to all..., can we make a team?

F
    1 Reply

It is a great privilege being part of this great opportunity as this module has widened my horizon in the aspect of human partnership and workforce.

P
    1 Reply
  • @HEYBEE04 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Thanks to all..., can we make a team?

Which country are you from sir?

1 Reply
  • @ramyasri0954 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@dietoaustine said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

You are extremely right on this one but in some cases just like the part where currently stay, getting like minded individuals is somehow difficult due to their mentality on monetary aspect of any organization before joining the chain

Getting like-minded people in my area is somehow difficult. (I stays in one of the rural areas in Southwestern Nigeria in Africa). Also the people here are not encouraging at all on my organization's mission. What can I do to let the people see the positive aspect of my mission?

P
    1 Reply
  • @FilsBrille26 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@HEYBEE04 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Proudly Nigeria

P
    1 Reply
  • In this Module, I've been able to understand that your team is as important as the funding. If you have a good funding but a bad team, it's not gonna work out fine.
    Also, culture is important as we need to set/create a culture within our organization and set achievable values, visions and goals and as well work towards achieving them.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@SandraDK said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hello.
    I have learnt that deciding together and sharing values with others is a way to make the organization becoming a family. And acting as a family with the same goal is the best way to achieve it faster and easily, and to improve ourselves through a common culture.

@SandraDK thanks for sharing your thoughts! Though, what is the culture like in your organizations? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here with us?

• Course Facilitator

@FilsBrille26 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@Course_Operations said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

It is a great privilege being part of this great opportunity as this module has widened my horizon in the aspect of human partnership and workforce.

@FilsBrille26 thanks for sharing your thoughts! Though, what is the culture like at your distinct organizations? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here with us?

Can you also explain what you mean by "has widen your horizon in the aspect of human partnership and workforce in respect to your organization?

F
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Getting like-minded people in my area is somehow difficult. (I stays in one of the rural areas in Southwestern Nigeria in Africa). Also the people here are not encouraging at all on my organization's mission. What can I do to let the people see the positive aspect of my mission?

@FilsBrille26, can you share with us what type of organization is that and what are your cultural values in the organization? With your response to this, will help us proffer pragmatic way out to overcoming your challenges OK.

• Course Facilitator

Proudly Nigeria

Hi @HEYBEE04, you can join one through this link https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:Acumen+HumanCapital_101+7_1.22_20190520_20190630/teams/browse_teams/

Happy learning!!!

• Course Facilitator

@Oladseg said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

In this Module, I've been able to understand that your team is as important as the funding. If you have a good funding but a bad team, it's not gonna work out fine.
    Also, culture is important as we need to set/create a culture within our organization and set achievable values, visions and goals and as well work towards achieving them.

@Oladseg, thanks for sharing your thoughts so far. Though, in this your ideal organization, what are some of these cultural values do you think/feel your organization need to create/set or is already in inexistence to help/ already helping your organization to achieve her visions or goals?

• For me, actually narrowing down our values in way that aligns with your team and mission help in understanding who is a good fit to work with you or who is not. Key thing is making sure a potential new team member or even current team members embody the same values in your organization. In too many cases some people just aren't a good fit and create conflict that impacts the organization in a bad way.

P
    1 Reply
  • Have learnt a lot about the course on how one is bring in the team work for the best perspective of all the organisation and how to delegate the subordinates well
    Thanks

• I learnt that creating a visualization is actually easy.

• We have done quite a lot of work on establishing our mission and guiding principles and values for our work, but we actually have never connected them to the culture in the organization. It was an interesting to see that both of them need to correlate for the organization to be honest and authentic.

@FilsBrille26 thanks for sharing your thoughts! Though, what is the culture like at your distinct organizations? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here with us?

Can you also explain what you mean by "has widen your horizon in the aspect of human partnership and workforce in respect to your organization?

Let me start by giving response to the second statement.
    "What I meant by 'widening my horizon in the aspect of human partnership and workshop', I really mean to say the type of people who work with me in my organization in order to achieve my goals and mission. bringing in people as part of an organization needs to be look into critically in order to get the best and right people for the job and as well those who are a bit divers can be trained and blend into a better coworker or co-founder.
    Initially, I felt the founder of an organization is only eligible to the vision and mission of the organization. I felt the vision and mission is to actualized by only the founder thereby sidelining other members of the organization.
    With what I had learnt in this module my perspective has changed.

To the first question which is the culture of my organization.

1. Educating parents on the importance of western education
    2. Bringing to the knowledge of junior secondary students the importance of all subjects as some students sideline some certain subjects
    3. Internalization of local language without the lost of the international languages
    P
    1 Reply
  • @Course_Operations
    This module has taught me a lot about human resources s key player to effective organisational success.
    Thanks so much, I can't wait to learn more from module 2.

• Course Facilitator

@JoshBagley said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

For me, actually narrowing down our values in way that aligns with your team and mission help in understanding who is a good fit to work with you or who is not. Key thing is making sure a potential new team member or even current team members embody the same values in your organization. In too many cases some people just aren't a good fit and create conflict that impacts the organization in a bad way.

@JoshBagley, thank you for sharing of the value in your organization with us. You have stressed a unique point of some attitude towards achieving cultural value.

• Course Facilitator

@DoclorrysinclaireSakala @Gracie234 @monika56ac @AlabaSundayPhillipsSC, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Though, we like to know what the culture is like at your distinct organizations? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here with us further too?

• Course Facilitator

Let me start by giving response to the second statement.
    "What I meant by 'widening my horizon in the aspect of human partnership and workshop', I really mean to say the type of people who work with me in my organization in order to achieve my goals and mission. bringing in people as part of an organization needs to be look into critically in order to get the best and right people for the job and as well those who are a bit divers can be trained and blend into a better coworker or co-founder.
    Initially, I felt the founder of an organization is only eligible to the vision and mission of the organization. I felt the vision and mission is to actualized by only the founder thereby sidelining other members of the organization.
    With what I had learnt in this module my perspective has changed.

To the first question which is the culture of my organization.

1. Educating parents on the importance of western education
    2. Bringing to the knowledge of junior secondary students the importance of all subjects as some students sideline some certain subjects
    3. Internalization of local language without the lost of the international languages

Great @FilsBrille26, well explained. Impressive cultural value practises your organization exhibits.

Thank you for sharing.

• Hello,
    I am Bushra Rana from Pakistan and I am glad I have chosen this course as I feel already enriched and inspired.

The most surprising thing I have kept in mind is the fact of getting the feedback of those who would leave our organization, thing that neither me nor my organization have done before. As long as the values and mission are concerned, I believe the values are the pavement that leads us toward the materialization of our mission hence the importance of choosing them very accurately and carefully and taking due time to do so.

Bushra Rana
    Motivational Speaker

P
    1 Reply
  • Values are cultural and context specific. But for nonprofits, the values might differ in words but some cry the same meaning. Nonprofits are established to change the lives of the affected communities and groups. That desire should at all times be driven by passion. We should also keep recognisance of the fact that other have worked in the communities where they want to operate and have folded up. Thus there must be trust and honesty in all what we intend to do.

• Course Facilitator

@bushrarana777 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hello,
    I am Bushra Rana from Pakistan and I am glad I have chosen this course as I feel already enriched and inspired.

The most surprising thing I have kept in mind is the fact of getting the feedback of those who would leave our organization, thing that neither me nor my organization have done before. As long as the values and mission are concerned, I believe the values are the pavement that leads us toward the materialization of our mission hence the importance of choosing them very accurately and carefully and taking due time to do so.

Bushra Rana
    Motivational Speaker

Hi @bushrarana777, thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?”.

• I discovered just how well our company operations are aligned to our core values and mission

• I learnt that for an Organization to achieve success, their values must be in line with their mission .

• Hi I am Peric and this course has greatly enriched my understanding of creating an organization or a business. I have made key marks to the fact that the mission and vision of the organization is the preliminary road map of any organization and the values we use to make the foundation are the ones that will convert our ideas and vision into success.
    I can't wait to keep learning more .

• Course Facilitator

Hi @Odede and @emekapaul, thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?”.

The most surprising thing I learned in Module 1 was how to brainstorm a core value.

• I am thrilled by the knowledge of how I can connect the organisational mission with its values for social change

• I have learned a lot that culture can really shape the organization. it all depends on how the organization lives the value that they have created for its success. Culture demonstrate to the public that, this is “the way things are done around here”—is often beneficial to organizations. Culture reinforces itself- it is the Organization DNA

• I have learned that there is a connection between the vision,mission and objectives of an organisation and in order to achieve the mission there are values that an individual need to embody.

• Course Facilitator

Hi,
    @alubarika @MichaelKusinu @Bertha and @MaletsikaHaneseMotsokotsi, thanks for sharing your thoughts!
    Pls, we want to know these two of you.
    1- What is the culture like at your organization?
    2- Do you have best practices you’d like to share here that is obtainable in your organization?”.

Thanks and happy learning week ahead!!!

M
    1 Reply

Hi,
    @alubarika @MichaelKusinu @Bertha and @MaletsikaHaneseMotsokotsi, thanks for sharing your thoughts!
    2- Do you have best practices you’d like to share here that is obtainable in your organization?”.

We have a culture of continual never ending self improvement drive. We believe every team member must LEARN, UNLEARN and RELEARN. As older team members develop themselves they get involved in training new ones while.
    Our best practices includes honoring customers/target audience. We endeavor to treat them the best way we can since we are operating only because of them!

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@MichaelKusinu said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hi,

We have a culture of continual never ending self improvement drive. We believe every team member must LEARN, UNLEARN and RELEARN. As older team members develop themselves they get involved in training new ones while.
    Our best practices includes honoring customers/target audience. We endeavor to treat them the best way we can since we are operating only because of them!

@MichaelKusinu, wholesome culture and best practices to compliment it.
    Keep it up at all levels of the organization management.

Thank you for sharing with us all! 👏👏

• The most surprising thing for me to learn was that your org values should not just be the ones that you and the team holds close at the moment but it should be a good balance of what you aspire towards as well.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@nehaljadon said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

The most surprising thing for me to learn was that your org values should not just be the ones that you and the team holds close at the moment but it should be a good balance of what you aspire towards as well.

Hi, @nehaljadon , thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Please kindly respond swiftly.

Thanks and happy learning week!!!

• Module 1 of this course has broadened my knowledge of the importance developing mission and their corresponding values. Both the mission and values are what makes an organization to be able to achieve its goals, and the calibre of team members you bring on board to realize the dream.

• aby_T said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

All organization should have a cultural value

one need to work as a team team with your employees

Train them and give them exactly the result you are expecting

Staff should be trained about the values, mission and vision of the Organisation

HOW HUMAN RESOURCE STRATEGY CAN UPLIFT AN ORGANIZATION

X
    1 Reply
  • I have a better understanding of the value of recruitment process and culture to the success of an organization.

• Apart from being a very interactive section , I now have a better understanding of mission and value statement and how they interplay to propel employees towards achieving the organization goals and objectives.

• @ikcharlie72 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

aby_T said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

All organization should have a cultural value

one need to work as a team team with your employees

Train them and give them exactly the result you are expecting

Staff should be trained about the values, mission and vision of the Organisation

HOW HUMAN RESOURCE STRATEGY CAN UPLIFT AN ORGANIZATION

I quite agree with you on need to train employees on mission and vision of the organisation as to enable work for the progress of the organisation and achieve a common goal.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.