Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• hi everyone, my name is anthony osabuohien from Nigeria, i am a physiologist and currently enrolled for a masters degree in public health and specializing in family and reproductive health at CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN REPRODUCTIVE INNOVATION a world bank sponsored center in Nigeria. i am really interested in learning project management to help me contribute my best in helping Nigeria achieve targets in the SDGs.

• Hello everyone,My name is Hope Achi and i am happy to be here and learn alot from the course.Many thanks to Philanthropy University fr creating this learning platform for us all

• i am Saiful from Bangladesh. Lots of thanks to Philanthropic University to take such a great initiative for knowledge seekers. I am hopeful about this initiative.......

• Good day everyone. My name is Ujene Ekene Japhet from Rivers state in Nigeria. I love to gain skills and understanding on project Management.

• @Mark_G said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Fundamentals of Project Management course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

5. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

Hello everybody, mi name is Lucrecia, i´m joining from Argentina. I´m working as an External advisor in planning, Monitoring and oversight of processes and data management. I don´t have experience in Project management but i believe it´s a useful tool, so I expect to learn the most I can about it.

• @Ujene_Ekene said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Good day everyone. My name is Ujene Ekene Japhet from Rivers state in Nigeria. I love to gain skills and understanding on project Management.

Hello Ujene! Welcome! Are you working in project management at the time?

• Hi there ,

My name khadar , and I am from Somalia. I work as WASH engineer with INGOs . In the future, I would like to Project manager , and that is the reason I am taking this course.

S
    1 Reply
  • My Name is Shadreck Kundishora from Zimbabwe in Southern African

Working for Welthungerhilfe (WHH) Zimbabwe, a Germany Based International Non-Governmental Organization

I am a Head of Project (Water Sanitation and Hygiene projects, WASH) and therefore interested in improving my understanding on Project Management to improve my knowledge and Skill to ensure proper project execution or implementation.

Yes, very much interested in joining any team also doing the same course.

I have been practicing project management for some time now (over 10 years from now). I have successfully completed over 5 WASH projects that I have been managing using the knowledge acquired from past tertiary training such as BSc in Public Health and MSc in Sociology coupled with a short course on Management Development Part 1 that I did over 15 years ago. I have gained quite a lot experience in project planning and management however, I would like to improve and perfect my skills in this regard through doing this course and sharing of experiences with others.

• @Inaqule said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi there ,

My name khadar , and I am from Somalia. I work as WASH engineer with INGOs . In the future, I would like to Project manager , and that is the reason I am taking this course.

How are you Khadar. Its nice to interact with you in this course and hope to share a lot in terms of project planning and management. I thank the organisers of this platform for coming up with this idea of undertaking this online training.

L
    1 Reply
  • What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    Lawrence Cerrato. I am from Honduras.

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    No

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    I want to have more knowledge. My goal is to become a business Manager.

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Not yet.
    Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise
    No.

• In the future, I would like to Project manager , and that is the reason I am taking this course.

• My name is Victor Ogbonnaya
    I am President at Skills Outside School Foundation, a not-for-profit based in Nigeria
    I plan to improve my understanding of project management, particularly project design that is stakeholders’ inclusive.

• @Mark_G said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

What is your name? Where are you joining from?

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

My name is Icaro Linconl from Brazil and i'm taking care of comunication in a few NGO's. I decided to do this course to adquire knowledge in project management.

• Hi, my name is Moses Bangura and am joining from Freetown, Sierra Leone. Am currently working in a hospitality company as an accounts assistant.

• Hi my name is Josephine Ojo and i am joining from Nigeria, i am currently working with a hospitality company and i am taking the course to improve on myself and skills.

• Hello everyone who is taking Fundamentals of Project Management (2019). My name is Mohammad Ziaul Islam from Bangladesh, currently working as a trainer of an organization.

O
    1 Reply
  • My name is Olweny Aldo Locii. Am a South Sudanese living in Juba.

I work for The South Sudaneses Mobile Telephone (Zain) co. LTD as A counting.

I joined this course because I would to organization projects and control use of resources.

• @MZIJAMIL said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello everyone who is taking Fundamentals of Project Management (2019). My name is Mohammad Ziaul Islam from Bangladesh, currently working as a trainer of an organization.

I had a boss called Islam. He was a good trainer in our company Juba South Sudan. I hope you too will train in this course.

• Hi! My name is Sia from Tanzania. I have been working as a manager. Iam looking forward to learn more skills on Project management. Thanx

• Hello all, my name is Nicole Scott. I am actually not in any non-profit or organization, however, I am currently seeking my MFA in Creative Writing at Lindenwood University. I am taking courses with Philanthropy University because my dream is to write and contribute to an environmentalist non-profit. I seek a deeper knowledge on the non-profit universe, so I am taking advantage of all of the opportunities by wonderful websites such as this one.

My goals for this course are as follows: I desperately want to write for a non-profit, that much is obvious. But I want to be more versatile in my assistance toward causes I care about. I want to help as much as possible, and that is why I want to at least have a cursory understanding of as many facets of this world as possible so I can dive in with confidence. Right now I am taking courses and submitting inquiries to eco-aware/sustainable blogs and publications, looking to volunteer and do guest posts so I can deepen my knowledge on those topics by engagement and research.

I am interested in engaging in the best way possible for this course, and if that means as a team, I am game!

I have no experience in Project Management so I am excited to learn. Nice to meet you all!

J
    1 Reply
  • @Maahir said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi everyone my name is Abdullahi I'm joining from Dhusamareb Galgadud Somalia, I work with international organization who works to assist the people effected by conflicts and disasters, my role of the organization is Generalist field officer, am here to learn more about project management and I want to be a good and well experienced manager.
    I would like to have a team with good attitude coz learning with team is more efficient than without a team.
    I have a little bit experience about project management.
    many thanks for giving me this opportunity and I'm looking forward to start this course ASAP .

Hello Abdullahi! I have always been inquisitive about disaster and conflict work, as it semi-relates to my interest in environmental and sustainability issues. I think the desire to be a strong manager is a noble initiative, so I hope this course leads you to yours goals! Learning with a team is a phenomenal experience and often engages more perspectives than if you worked alone. Nice to meet you!

• My name is Okewu Isaac , from Nigeria
    Am the program manager at Harmony Diabetes Foundation
    I am here to improve on my program management capabilty

• Am Gisma Ismail , from Sudan and am residing in Egypt , am looking for career development to help my community here in Cairo to become an effective role model to empower women in society , i have a degree in LLB so it,s different experience for me to develop and strength our community

• My name is Reuben Ansah from Ghana. Currently I am not working for any organisation. My goals for this course is to broaden my knowledge on project management which I look forward to applying it when I get the opportunity to work in any organisation.

• My name is Reuben Ansah from Ghana. I am currently not working for any organisation. My goals for joining this course is to broaden my knowledge on project management which I look forward to applying it when I get the opportunity to work for any organisation.

• Mutale Cephas

• my name is yuusuf xaaji xuseen from Somali Beledweyne Hiiran Region no for the time and i am confident that I can get significant positive results
    I am a highly motivated to be professional now seeking this important subject to have sound knowledge also interested in joining a team for this course

• Hu Gladys, I am glad you are here :)

• @nicolescottwv said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello all, my name is Nicole Scott. I am actually not in any non-profit or organization, however, I am currently seeking my MFA in Creative Writing at Lindenwood University. I am taking courses with Philanthropy University because my dream is to write and contribute to an environmentalist non-profit. I seek a deeper knowledge on the non-profit universe, so I am taking advantage of all of the opportunities by wonderful websites such as this one.

My goals for this course are as follows: I desperately want to write for a non-profit, that much is obvious. But I want to be more versatile in my assistance toward causes I care about. I want to help as much as possible, and that is why I want to at least have a cursory understanding of as many facets of this world as possible so I can dive in with confidence. Right now I am taking courses and submitting inquiries to eco-aware/sustainable blogs and publications, looking to volunteer and do guest posts so I can deepen my knowledge on those topics by engagement and research.

I am interested in engaging in the best way possible for this course, and if that means as a team, I am game!

I have no experience in Project Management so I am excited to learn. Nice to meet you all!

Hello Nicole, that's a good goal. I am excited to learn too!

• My name is Eric Njue. I am joining the course from Nairobi, Kenya. I am a research analyst in the field of agricultural economics though currently not affiliated to any organization. I am looking forward to strengthen my project management skills as well as broadening my network during the coursework. I would like to join team for the course to enhance learning efficiency.
    Previously, my project management has been inclined towards research (with main output being generation of knowledge). Through this course i will be able to learn more about management of social sector oriented projects.

• Hi, my name is Daye from Manila, Philippines. I have little experience with regard to Project Management which prompted me to enroll in this course. I am a manager in a private company and has the desire to expand our project in order to give back to the community, broaden our network and reach out to those who are less fortunate who can't afford in terms Physical Rehabilitation for treatment.

G
    1 Reply
  • Hello people! I'm Genesis Moyeda and I'm from Mexico, currently working at a law firm as a legal analyst. Happy to be here and excited to start this course and learn more about project management.

Nice to meet you all!

S
    1 Reply
  • @Daye said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi, my name is Daye from Manila, Philippines. I have little experience with regard to Project Management which prompted me to enroll in this course. I am a manager in a private company and has the desire to expand our project in order to give back to the community, broaden our network and reach out to those who are less fortunate who can't afford in terms Physical Rehabilitation for treatment.

Hi Daye, nice to meet you!

• Hi! I'm Christine from Manila, Philippines. I'm currently working as a project manager for an advertising agency. I love working with my team and I want to be better in project management. :)

• hai, I'm Dilshad from Sri Lanka , happy to join with u all. I am working at Ports Authority and I would like perform my effort to different field by enlarging the relevant knowledge .
    let's build up or new revolution in the field with effective intersection.

• Hi there!

My given name is Jason Encabo, I am a transgender woman and I prefer to called "Miss Jhaye or Jezamae". I am currently freelance Sexual and Reproductive Health Training Consultant and previously I am a Program Manager handling Global Fund project implementation in different parts of the country.
    I am aiming to learn more in this course and I am planning to implement this if ever I will join other projects implemented in the country or maybe expand opportunities to work abroad or global.

It is okay to join in learning teams and I hope they could assist me in some of the issues/concern I would encounter inthis course.

• Bula Vinaka ( Fijian Greetings) My name is Daiana Taoba. I work at the Fiji Women Rights Movement (FWRM) as a GIRL Support Officer.
    I support our GIRLS Programme Officer in our GIRLS Programme. These girls are ages 10 - 17years. I hope to gain as much knowledge on this course as I feel that it will help in my current and future work on Projects. I would love to join a team. I have a few experience in project management.

1 Reply
  • I am Gabriel Lusekelo from Zambia taking a course in Fundamentals of Project Management. I hope to gain the much needed baseline information which can motivate me to do this course in full or become a Project Manager. It is so interesting to be part of this platform and looking forward to the lessons.

1 Reply
  • "Now from the time beginning everything was maintained and nurtured by the nature as we know it."

Hello My mates of this course. I am Arifin Faisal from Bangladesh ( A small and nice country located in South Asia).
    It is my honour to become a learner with you in this course. Hope to get a discussion from all of you.

Have a good day....

• My name is Alebiosu Rilwan Adeyemi joining from Abuja, Nigeria. I am presently a Relationship Manager with a commercial bank. I volunteer for numerous NGO and lead my community development association . My goal for the course is to increase my knowledge in the areas of project management. I have taken some other courses on project management on Coursera and I have been actively involved in several projects. I look forward to sharpening my knowledge in this area.

• Hi My name is Vusani Khumalo joining you from Zimbabwe, I am the co-founder and Executive director of Matebeleland Development Initiative Trust, a young organisation. I have no prior experience in project managementand hope this course would assist me in building an effective and results oriented entity. I would be keen in working in a Team oriented environment as I thrive better and more productive when working with a Team

• Hello everyone,

I'm Myo from Myanmar (formerly called Burma) and it's a pleasure to become a pert of this course. I currently studying for my career development but previously, I worked as a M&E Officer for a private sector development program. My primary goal for joining this course is to get a better & deeper understanding about the project management from a social impact projects' perspectives. About joining a team,....I'll see. Project management as a whole is a quite new subject for me.

I believe that's all. Great... Looking forward to you all throughout this course & beyond.

r wo

I am Michael Juma, a bachelors graduate in Environmental Planning and Management. I work for a local organization in NairobI, Kenya as M&E Officer. M&E and project management go hand in hand for success and implementation of a projects in an organization. I believe that this course will with essential knowledge and skills in various initiative and programmes. I am proudly associated as part of this proffessional group.

• I am known as Juma Obare, a Kenyan, working for a local civil organization working with communities in informal settlement of Nairobi city. I am in charge of M&E and research purpose. Thins also go hand in hand with project planning and management. I believe the project will provide me with all the necessary details vital for effective running and management of projects. I looking forward interacting with the rest of this wonderful international team.

• @Daiana said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Bula Vinaka ( Fijian Greetings) My name is Daiana Taoba. I work at the Fiji Women Rights Movement (FWRM) as a GIRL Support Officer.
    I support our GIRLS Programme Officer in our GIRLS Programme. These girls are ages 10 - 17years. I hope to gain as much knowledge on this course as I feel that it will help in my current and future work on Projects. I would love to join a team. I have a few experience in project management.

Well done Daiana, I hope we will sail through very well, feel free to share

• @GABENO said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

I am Gabriel Lusekelo from Zambia taking a course in Fundamentals of Project Management. I hope to gain the much needed baseline information which can motivate me to do this course in full or become a Project Manager. It is so interesting to be part of this platform and looking forward to the lessons.

It is very nice meeting you for purposeful learning meant to transform our communities

• Hello Everyone:
    I am Mohamed Ali from Somali but live and work in Egypt for Refugee Organizations, i am so glad to join this course, because of i believe that this course will give me a power to build my Skills related to the management and shows me ways that i can develop my current career so my main objective of this course is to understand deeper project management and social project impacts and everything related to the project management.

• My name is Shiana Iorhen I'm from Nigeria. I work with an NGO and desire to learn new skills in project management.

• My name is Miss Wisdom Uso. Am joining you from Nigeria, Enugu State precisely. It an honor to be on this plat form. Am Currently interning in Catholic Caritas Foundation Of NIgeria. We are implementing the 4Gates project funded by CDC to provide HIV services.
    I hope that this course will expand my horizon in programming areas so as to improve service delivery.
    I am very opening to joining a team so as to fast track my learning process.

• Hello members,
    I am Yussouf Abass Jalloh, I am joining from Sierra Leone. I am working for the DAQVAH Charity Foundation and my role is am the Project Manager of the Foundation.
    m
    My goals for this course one is to achieve the fundamentals of project management, be an expert in project management; and my plan is to utilized such goals to my Foundation.
    I never had any experience in project management.

• Hi, my name is Ujene Japhet from Nigeria. I joined this team to acquire skills and knowledge for practice.

• Hello, My name is Hajra Ansar and i am from Pakistan. i am here to learn the fundamentals of project management to start my own project for different beneficiary outcomes.

• Course Facilitator

Hello All, I am Sheku Alim Cawray from Sierra Leone. I enroll in this course to learn the Fundamentals of Project Management which I can use in my present job.

• Hello everyone, I am Elizabeth Babatunde from Nigeria. I am usually involved in the planning and execution of various projects from time to time, including my business. I would however like to understand the fundamentals and the concept of Project Management so that I can perform better, hence my joining the course. Thank you.

• Hi Everyone This is Shahidul Hoque from Bangladesh. At present I am work as a Field Coordinator at world largest Rohingya Refugee Camp in Bangladesh as an employee of INTERNEWS NETWORK I want to work for Humanity & want learn about Proper manage of Project. I am very much Interested about this course. I want build my Carrier worldwide, I have 9+ yrs experience about GO-NGO and INGO,
    I also want to learn about GIS.
    [Rohingya Response this Video made by me ]
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnzmjnbiEoI)

S
    1 Reply
  • Hi, my name is Wiza Msuku from Blantyre, Malawi. Am a postgrad student and would like to acquire significant knowledge in PM - social impact project

• Hi everyone
    My name is Sarem Ammar. I am from Yemen. I am College Instructor so I teach many IT courses in some universities here in Yemen. Also I am a Project Assistant at one the Humanitarian NGOs that working here in Yemen. I enrolled in this course to get full advantage of it because I am very interested in Project management. On the other hand, I am planning to get PMP So this course will be a great start. I am looking for learners who have passion to learn and work together and I will be happy to share ideas with.

• My name is Ndumiso Vilane, I am from Swaziland and am an M & E Officer for an NGO that deals with providing HIV and advocacy services to key populations (the LGBTQIcommunity). I'm looking forward to gaining insight on social impact projects so I can help my organisation become an effective agent for community development and services provision.

M
    1 Reply
  • @Jony said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi Everyone This is Shahidul Hoque from Bangladesh. At present I am work as a Field Coordinator at world largest Rohingya Refugee Camp in Bangladesh as an employee of INTERNEWS NETWORK I want to work for Humanity & want learn about Proper manage of Project. I am very much Interested about this course. I want build my Carrier worldwide, I have 9+ yrs experience about GO-NGO and INGO,
    I also want to learn about GIS.
    [Rohingya Response this Video made by me ]
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnzmjnbiEoI)

Hi Shahidul
    Nice to meet you
    I'd like to invite you to join our team and work together, we are only two and you will be the third one. I think we will do greatly in this course.

Thanks

• @genmoyeda09 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello people! I'm Genesis Moyeda and I'm from Mexico, currently working at a law firm as a legal analyst. Happy to be here and excited to start this course and learn more about project management.

Nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you

• Halo, my Name is Hellen am from Uganda. I work with a Non-government organisation operating in a refugee settlement. Am interested in this course because i want to acquire more skills and knowledge in project management as this is will give me more understanding on how manage future projects project. Am also interested in joining a team

• My name is Illimoe Augustina, am joining from Nigeria. I work with Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) Edo State Nigeria, am currently the Monitoring and Evaluation officer , will want to enhance my knowledge on fundamentals of Project Management.

• Hi everyone.My name is Basil Makurunje.I am joining from Zimbabwe.I am currently working with a Church Organisation.I would like to enhance my knowledge and skills on Fundamentals of Project Management.I am interested in joining a team.

• I am Lawrence, from Zimbabwe

• Hi, My name is segun, a project manager seeking to gain more knowledge on basics of project management.

E
    1 Reply

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Fundamentals of Project Management course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

5. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

My name is Tosin Adeniyi from Benin Nigeria. I am a student of Public Health University of Benin, Benin city. My goal for this course is to understand the fundamentals of project management, so I become equipped properly to work on project management when I become employed. This I plan to do by learning this course thoroughly and practicing when the need arises. The idea of joining a team is welcomed by me and I totally agree with you on team formation. I'm sorry to say , I don't have any experience on that.

• Hello!
    My name is Sijali Harun Arkadious from South Sudan. I work as M&E Officer very closely with the program team. I find this course relevant for me to have a deeper understanding of the whole project cycle of which M&E is part. I hope to interact with most of the great team and learn more!

Thanks

• Good day.
    I'm Yacoub ISSOLA joining from Côte d'Ivoire.
    I'm a former UNDP programme Staff looking for new job opportunity.
    I'm already at Expert Level in Development Project Management. I wanted to use this opportunity for revision and update.
    I'm interested in joining a team but think it's more helpful when we are from the same area for us to be meeting and discussing. To help achieve it, I will encourage some of my colleagues to enroll.

• @seguntayo said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi, My name is segun, a project manager seeking to gain more knowledge on basics of project management.

Hello Segun,
    Your most welcome and happy to linkup here, may I know which Country your from? As a practicing project manager I believe your expertise will help us in understanding more about project management.
    Thanks

• Hello members
    Im Blessing Chikandiwa a health promotion officer by profession, im joining from tZimbabwe. My goal for the course is to learn the fundamentals for projrct management. iam interested in joining a discussion team...

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

1. My name is Dr Mpho Mary Hlalele. I am joining from Cape Town, South Africa
    2. I am currently working for a boutique wealth management firm and I am an advisor in the Philanthropy department
    3. I hope to learn some useful tools and skills within project management to be able to apply them to the very specified philanthropy projects I am involved in and responsible for. I hope to accumulate good resources and networks that can bolster my role within the Philanthropy arena.
    4. I would be keen for joining a team but my working hours and personal life might make it difficult for me to be a good team member. I have quite a busy work schedule and a busy family , which means most of my work on the course will be done late at night. I would hate to disappoint a team and not be able to commit to providing good input at the scheduled times.
    5. I have basic project management knowledge gained through fundraising initiatives I was responsible for in my many years in the animal welfare sector. Each fund-raising project required a solid grasp of managing the project from beginning to finish, but it was all self taught and used more of my logic and organisational skills than acquired project management skills.
    T
    1 Reply
  • @NDUMISO said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

My name is Ndumiso Vilane, I am from Swaziland and am an M & E Officer for an NGO that deals with providing HIV and advocacy services to key populations (the LGBTQIcommunity). I'm looking forward to gaining insight on social impact projects so I can help my organisation become an effective agent for community development and services provision.

Hi Ndumiso, fellow SADC member. I am in awe of those working within the HIV and health arena as it is the most pressing and most challenging on this continent. It would be great to learn about some of your monitoring and evaluation processes, as they must be so vital to ensuring the work is getting done within that well deserving community. Hope to be able to pick your brain throughout the course.

• Course Facilitator

Dear Vilane,
    It is great to know that HIV is a very great great challenge on the African continent. How about the challenges of poverty, gender equality and malnutrition? Which of them can be a veritable challenge to the development of the continent?

• @DIfill said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello all....
    My name is Deidre and I am joining you all from Guyana, South America. I am currently the Prevention Programs and Education Officer at the Ministry of Social Protection (Social Services Industry). My main objective for joining this program is to diversify my skills and gain a better understanding of Project Management. I have realized that even as an Education Officer I can and use techniques linked to Project Management, and it is this skill I intend to improve for everyday use. As its my first time here, I am unsure as if to join or not join a team; suggestions are welcome. Unfortunately, I have no Technical or Trained experience in Project Management, but I eagerly await the new skills I will gain from this course.

Thank you.

Welcome Deidre to the course.
    I was intrigued by your location as I used to live in Grenada for 4 years, studying veterinary medicine. There were quite a few students from Guyana in my school and I always hoped to get there, but never managed. Education is such an important area and I really commend you for working within the social services, which is a difficult industry. We lack, in certain areas, the right infrastructure in South Africa to meet the demands for a good social service and adding on top of that corruption and mismanagement which plagues, means we are left with broken down systems. Education is the answer required for communities to be empowered on their rights and to provide the right structures that function. I hope to gain some more insight into your successes and challenges within your field.

• Course Facilitator

@gmandizera said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

My name is Godfrey Mandizera, I am currently working as a Management Accountant within the NGO sector in South Africa. I am keen to know more about project management.

Welcome Godfrey. I believe that we shall enjoy our studies in Project Management.

• Hello everyone, my name is Itumeleng from South Africa. I have just completed my residency in field epidemiology. I want to improve my level of managing goals of projects within set times.

• @MphoH said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@Mark_G said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

1. My name is Dr Mpho Mary Hlalele. I am joining from Cape Town, South Africa
    2. I am currently working for a boutique wealth management firm and I am an advisor in the Philanthropy department
    3. I hope to learn some useful tools and skills within project management to be able to apply them to the very specified philanthropy projects I am involved in and responsible for. I hope to accumulate good resources and networks that can bolster my role within the Philanthropy arena.
    4. I would be keen for joining a team but my working hours and personal life might make it difficult for me to be a good team member. I have quite a busy work schedule and a busy family , which means most of my work on the course will be done late at night. I would hate to disappoint a team and not be able to commit to providing good input at the scheduled times.
    5. I have basic project management knowledge gained through fundraising initiatives I was responsible for in my many years in the animal welfare sector. Each fund-raising project required a solid grasp of managing the project from beginning to finish, but it was all self taught and used more of my logic and organisational skills than acquired project management skills.

Welcome Dr Mpho Mary Hlalele. I am also from SA, Gauteng. I would love to join a team too but share your challenges of sticking to group stipulated times. However, 'will be available during night time. If you think we can try forming a team, please let me know. May we enjoy our learning.

1. My name is Ogedengbe Abayomi from Nigeria.
    2. I'm working for an NGo called Sunlight city foundation as a Director
    1. I intend to take the vast knowledge from this course in adding value to myself and to the organization I work for.

2. Yes I'm interested in joining a team coz I'm a good team player.

3. Just basic knowledge

• Course Facilitator

Hey, This is Wasif Ali from Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. Student of final year of BS Software engineering. I've working with many organisation on National level. I've been a part of Safe Green Pakistan, Model UN, Pakistan MUN organisation and many more. I'm leading a non-profit organisation call (Connect-Serve-Relief-Pakistan) CSRP. The goals are to polish the skills like network building, great communication & being a thought leader. I would love to work as a team member but i'm sorry i don't know how to join any team. so i would request the team members to put me up with any of the team. In the end we guys would have an exemplary experience together.

• Hi everyone...
    I'm Emmanuel Etuwede, a post graduate student of Peace and Strategic Studies at the University of Ibadan.

I work with an Initiative, HistoryforNationBuilding as the project coordinator based in Ibadan, South west Nigeria.

And I hope to get essentials of a non profit strategy in this course.

• Hello, my name is Winnie from Uganda. I work as a Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator with an NGO called EADEN in Eastern Uganda. My objective is to understand the basics of project management and also network with my fellow learners.

• My name is Prince Osei, Currently I am not working with any organization but i volunteer for an organization called Faith DawaH Foundation. I want to add skills to my carrer and help build strong sucess

• Hello, my name is Mamy Sambou. I'm from Senegal in west africa. I'm engineer in water and sanitation. I'm joining this group to increase my value and to be useful to my organisation.

• Hello, my name is Joyce from Nigeria. I am optimistic that this course would help me serve my organization better, increase my professional network and prepare me for future career goals.

• Hello,
    My name is Mami SAMBOU. I'm from Sénégal. I'm engineer in water and sanitation. I'm joining this course for increase my value cause i have little to no experience with project management.

• My name is Nwakwuribe-Mayor Isioma . I'm from Nigerian. I'm joining this course for increase my value cause i have little to no experience with project management and I know by the end of this course, I will have an experience .

• Hi, my name is Guy Stéphane Bognon, I'm an Ivorian working as a consultant for a national programm dealing with the enhancement of industrial SMEs in Côte d'Ivoire. I hope that this time I could finish this training!

• The few I have learned from the Module 1 of the Fundamentals of Project Management Program from Philanthropy University, I have currently understood the factors of Project Design. The Project Governance has helped me to understand on how to connect with my future funding associates. This module has a lot to learn.

• hi, my name is Adegoke from Nigeria, am a materials engineer with little experience in project management.hoping to have a great time learning this course.

• Hello, my name is Mtwe Zakayo from Arusha , Tanzania (East Africa). Working as Grid Development Associate in a Renewable Energy company. I'm joining this group to increase my value and to be useful to my organization.
    Anyone from my region who wishes to join me for a study group discussion is welcomed. Thanks

K
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone
    My name is Abdelfatah Dek from Cairo Egypt.
    I work at an organization called St.Andrew's Refugee Service as Medical Access Program Casworker
    My basic goal of this course is to learn more about Project management and its experience to be successfully manage a project
    In terms of experience for this course this is my first time i get the opportunity to study this course and i hope i gain more and more knowledge

• my name is Zibani dube from JHb in South Africa. i currently work as a teacher and would just love to upgrade myself which will help me achieve the best results from my students. i have no experience in project management and wold love to join a team.

• Hello,
    I am Epillo Elijah from Uganda and I hope to achieve more on project planning and management from this course.
    Thank you

• Hi, my name is Amina Twah from Uganda, a meteorologist by profession but currently working as a research assistant with the sustainable solutions center.
    I took this course as this year's resolution to impart more skills in me and make me a better person and a candidate for my organization's success.

• Hello!
    I am Emmanuela Chiamaka from Lagos, Nigeria. I am the administrative lead of History for Nationbuilding which is a new NGO. I intend to do a lot of learning in this course because I have always wanted to take this course. Which means that I have no prior knowledge or experience of what this course is all about. However, after learning, I intend to use it to manage major projects my organization might have in the future...
    ...and yes! I would love to join a team for the duration of this course!

• Joan Amek from Kampala Uganda
    I work with Rella Women's Foundation as the Executive Director
    No I am not interested in joining a team for this course

• @parugana said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Everyone!! I am Parbati Dhungana from a land of glorious Himalayas, Nepal. I had recently earned the Bachelor's Degree in Public Health and eager to learn new skills. I am very excited to foster my knowledge on project management ahead.

Very excited to see you here as a coursemate as we have a common degree and country.

• Hi My name is Inehita. Happy to be joining. I am from Nigeria.

L
    1 Reply
  • @Laxmee said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello, I am Laxmi Dahal from a beautiful country Nepal. I am an entry level Public health professional who is very enthusiastic in learning different skills and ideas to manage the issues and problems in simplest way where may occur in my working career.

Welcome Laxmi !! so good to see you as course-mate, enjoy learning.

• Hello my name is Muhammad muktar barma from Nigeria borno state!! I am here in order get some knowledge so that I can delivered to my community course I have my local NGO NAMED Standard cultural initiative base in borno with the mission to revive the culture in some northern Nigeria due to the insurgency been occurred there
    To help the less privilege and vulnerable people and in excess I am running program on childhood education in some sector around the state with the help of these university I can achieve my mission thank you!!

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.