Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• The challenge we faced is to cope with Donors requirements which are somehow contrary to country's governing laws

• For me the objective part was the most difficult.

1 Reply
  • The most challenging part for me, is the abstract statement.

• the challenge had while writing my proposal was making sure to give simple but detailed information. The strategy i used was who, what when, and why

• One of the things I find hard is keeping proposals only to the essential info.

• The abstract part is the challenge part

H
    Y
    2 Replies
  • Yeah this is very true and not doubting it

• The abstract parts needs an example to

• Crowdfunding campaigns often offer rewards or perks to incentivize people to support the project.

• the topic proposal writing is so timely especially in todays society where we have ideas to help but resources are few

H
    1 Reply
  • I found it hard in the preparation of budget I need to put more effort on this part.

Y
    1 Reply
  • There is a need of having strong influence of the well known person in your board to push up the donations.

• Then try to use short sentences and short paragraph it could be easier to express about your organisation and the amount you need and its purposes.

• Carefully select the foundations or donors which performs the related task or with the same priorities with your organization it could easier to get funds.
    UNICEF

Y
    1 Reply
    1. It is a bit challenging to come up with evidence and data to explain the problem statement. That is because there are not enough statical data and studies made on many of the challenges that are being experienced in many African countries.
    2. Writing clear and conscience abstract for the reader to quickly understand what the proposal is all about without going into the details. That is a good strategy to follow and grab the reader's attention.
  • I agree with you. I haven't even tried that part but I can imagine that it would be very challenging.

• Selecting the right foundation is definitely a hard task to carry out.

• I found the tips provided by the trainer on abstract preparation very insightful.

• 1 One of the most challenging parts of writing a fundraising proposal can be clearly articulating the organization's goals, objectives, and the impact that the proposed program will have. It can be difficult to convey the importance of the project and why it is worthy of funding in a concise and compelling way. Additionally, identifying and communicating the target audience and the appropriate approach to engaging with potential donors can also be challenging.

2 One effective strategy for writing fundraising proposals is to be clear and concise in your messaging, while also making sure to emphasize the impact that the proposed program will have on the community or population being served. It is important to tailor the proposal to the specific interests and priorities of the potential funder and to provide compelling evidence and statistics to support the proposal. Additionally, incorporating storytelling and personal anecdotes can help to engage the reader and bring the project to life. Finally, it is important to follow up with potential donors and to express gratitude for their consideration, regardless of whether or not they decide to fund the project.

• Before, I took this course the challenge part of writing grant proposal is writing the proble. now, after I accomplished this course, I a get alot of skills and technics to the write the effective problem. one strategy to use while writing proposal is thanking the donor.

T
    1 Reply
  • The hardest bit is trying to be concise without leaving the important bit out

• The difficult part for me is trying to get the main points out without writing too much. But getting someone to read for feedback is always helpful to know if the main points have been captured.

• 1: What was the most challenging part of writing a fundraising proposal and why?
    describe the problem.

2: What is one strategy that you will use when writing fundraising proposals in the future?
    start with the abstract, then describe the problem, and after that describe who will be handling the project, the project time frame,
    the activities time frame, budgeting, and the closing date.

• Hello every one,
    related to the proposal topic in the course, budget section
    we categories the budget and the percentage of every category as follow:
    1- Direct Cost

• Direct cost go to the beneficiaries
    • Grant
    • Technical support for beneficiaries (filed consultant staff)
    • Training and workshop
    • Monitoring & Evaluation and communication
    • M&E
    • Communication and Advocacy
    • Direct operation Expenses
    • Staff cost
    • Other direct administration cost
      Total Direct Cost
      2- Indirect Cost
    • Overhead by (7% - 10%)
    P
    1 Reply
  • I agree with you

• The most challenging part of writing a fundraising proposal can vary depending on the context and the organization's goals. However, some common challenges include:
    Clearly articulating the project or program's goals and objectives in a way that will resonate with potential donors.
    Demonstrating the impact of the project and why it matters.
    Providing a detailed budget that accurately reflects the costs of the project or program.
    Identifying and addressing potential objections or concerns that potential donors might have.
    Creating a compelling call to action that motivates potential donors to give.
    Overall, the most challenging part of writing a fundraising proposal is likely to be crafting a narrative that is both persuasive and informative while still being concise and clear.

Challenges & Strategies:
    The most challenging part of writing a fundraising proposal can vary depending on the context and the organization's goals. However, some common challenges include:
    Clearly articulating the project or program's goals and objectives in a way that will resonate with potential donors.
    Demonstrating the impact of the project and why it matters.
    Providing a detailed budget that accurately reflects the costs of the project or program.
    Identifying and addressing potential objections or concerns that potential donors might have.
    Creating a compelling call to action that motivates potential donors to give.
    Overall, the most challenging part of writing a fundraising proposal is likely to be crafting a narrative that is both persuasive and informative while still being concise and clear.

One strategy that can be effective when writing fundraising proposals is to focus on telling a story. Rather than simply presenting a laundry list of facts and figures, try to create a narrative that illustrates the problem you are trying to solve, the impact your project will have, and the role that donors can play in making a difference. Use anecdotes, quotes, and other storytelling techniques to bring your proposal to life and help potential donors connect emotionally with your cause.

• The most challenging parts as for me now is how to differentiate the objective and goal in Grant proposal writing. The mistake that I will not repeat in the future is the use of adjective and jargon in Grant proposal writing.

• 1.the most challenging portion in writing grant proposal is capability explanation section because this section need to let you know More information about your competitive organization that has same mission with yours,then you will be straight toward your strength.
    2.the strategy that I might use in future for writing of fundraising proposal is to make it short and concise while making complete abstract at first page.

B
    1 Reply
  • Yeah that's great effort to thank donor, but during Grant proposal writing you still haven't receive any fund as you still requesting the money for your cause. I think no need to thank him/her in this section.

• The most challenging time writing a proposal is time factor

• Very effective module. Good one.

L
    1 Reply
  • The most challenging part was not writing a ton of information. I love my organization and restraining myself was a difficult task!

• @MAS1501073 said in Module 3 Discussion: Proposal Writing:

Very effective module. Good one.

@MAS1501073 said in Module 3 Discussion: Proposal Writing:

true capability statements take more work. I had never used one before!

• for me the hardest part was because i am not in a fundraising role finding a problem to write a grant ask for.

• I agree when needing out side help to talk up an organization instead of say how committed the staff is i found challenging

• @MAS1501073 said in Module 3 Discussion: Proposal Writing:

@MAS1501073 said in Module 3 Discussion: Proposal Writing:

true capability statements take more work. I had never used one before!

• Writing with Clarity and Conciseness: Presenting a compelling case within the often limited space and word count of a fundraising proposal can be difficult. Writing concisely while conveying all the essential information and maintaining clarity can require careful thought and editing.

One strategy that I will use when writing fundraising proposals in the future is to clearly demonstrate the alignment between the organization's mission and values and those of the potential funder.

• Writing with Clarity and Conciseness: Presenting a compelling case within the often limited space and word count of a fundraising proposal can be difficult. Writing concisely while conveying all the essential information and maintaining clarity can require careful thought and editing.

One strategy that I will use when writing fundraising proposals in the future is to clearly demonstrate the alignment between the organization's mission and values and those of the potential funder.

P
    P
    2 Replies
  • Crafting a Compelling Narrative. I will also use the storytelling strategy to evoke the motions and allow funders to connect on a deeper level with the organization's work.

• Grant proposal is a good mean to benefit of financing

• right, we have to take into account the reality of our target

• The most challenging part of writing a proposal is formulation of project objective and linking with outcomes and outputs and the most challenging part is calculating activities costs and tabulating to proposal Budgets.The most tricky part is costing staff percentage and administration cost and having a specific percentage for monitoring derived from the total proposal activity cost

• The most challenging part in developing a proposal is the goal, the objective and the abstract.
    One of our strategie is to include my donors engagement in the proposal.

K
    1 Reply
  • The most challenging part of writing a proposal was the allocation of budget in such a way that can impress the donors
    And next time I will carry out more research on how to design a budget

R
    2 Replies
  • I agree with you 💯 because if the goal and in the proposal doesn't match with the mission of the donors the likely of your proposal success is narrow

• Problem statement is a very important section of writing a proposal

• The most important and challenging part I got was stating how I intend to achieve my objectives I mean what activities my organization will undertake to implement the project

M
    1 Reply
  • Thanks for the breakdown,I think next time it will help me when trying to design my budget

• The fact that you have to pronounce yourself in every details about your organization and be persistent

• 1: One of the most challenging parts of writing a fundraising proposal is conveying the urgency and significance of the cause or project. It can be difficult to capture the attention and engage potential donors in a way that compels them to take action. Additionally, presenting a compelling case for funding, including outlining the goals, objectives, and expected outcomes while demonstrating credibility, can also pose a challenge. Fundraising proposals require careful research, planning, and consideration of the target audience, making the process complex and demanding.

2: One strategy that can be effective when writing fundraising proposals is storytelling. By sharing powerful narratives, personal experiences, or success stories related to the cause, a writer can emotionally connect with the readers or potential donors. Storytelling not only helps to humanize the cause but also creates an emotional resonance that can motivate and inspire generosity. Additionally, using concrete data, statistics, and evidence to support the proposed project or initiative can strengthen the proposal's credibility and legitimacy, increasing the chances of securing funding.

• How do you overcome these challenges?

• It is awesome and very useful

• How you write the proposal is vital for keeping funders on your way and give funds

M
    1 Reply
  • the most difficult thing for me was to be able to imagine all this and also to be able to give more details on how the project will be carried out

M
    R
    2 Replies
  • I agree with you idea

• The most challenging part writing grant proposal is the needs statement. Why? Because your needs statement must be short and sweet while also explaining the why and how of your project, and it has a potential to convince funder to come and fund the project , going forward i will be engaging different expert to proofread before submitting to funders

R
    1 Reply
  • totally agree with you

• very true because the objectives and the activities can determine whether the funders should commit their $ or not

• One of the things I found challenging was articulating the Justification and the objectives of the project.

• Ensuring that it's concise without any jargons. Additionally, avoiding the excessive use it adjectives. Most importantly, making sure that it's in line with the stated requirements.

• Most Challenging Part:
    Strictly adhere to the Guidelines that are given as Instruction to be followed.
    Strategy:
    I will strictly follow the instructions given by the Fundraiser and Keep in mind and follow all the learnings from the chapter on Grant Propsal Writing.

• Here is my take on Objectives, I've tried to simplify it. Objectives are Goals converted to : STM
    S: are Goals explained in a Specific manner
    T: are Goals which must be strictly
    Time bound
    M:are Goals which are strictly
    Measurable
    Therefore Objectives are Goals converted to STM in an understandable and pleasant manner.

• Agree its probably easier to spell out the Goal/Goals
    Objective simple strategy: It is Goal/Goals now converted to STM: Phrases which are Specific, Timebound and Measurable

1 Reply
  • I'm not in any organization

• I found it most challenging to write a specific, timebound objective, as well as to define what success looks like.

R
    1 Reply
  • What I will do in writing grant proposals in the future is to do clearly define the project, goals, and objectives with my team before starting to write.

• Yes, writing the needs statement made me realize that I need to do more "market research" to be sure the need I perceive is one that is actually there. So I agree it's challenging.

1 Reply
  • Yes, me too. Mine is an imaginary project, so I think if it was real it would be easier to define as I'd be working with others to do this in a real context.

• Good for you for trying to prepare a budget even though it was optional! I think your plan for next time sounds wise.

• Project proposal should be short and concise, must have clear objectives, activities and outcome with relevant proposed budget with timeframe.

A
    1 Reply
  • 1: What was the most challenging part of writing a fundraising proposal and why?
    The most challenging part of writing the fundraising proposal was crafting a compelling narrative that effectively conveys the organization's mission, the significance of the project, and the impact it will have on the target beneficiaries. This challenge arises for several reasons:
    Limited Space: Fundraising proposals typically have strict word limits or page constraints, making it essential to convey a complex project succinctly.
    Balancing Details: Finding the right balance between providing sufficient details to make a convincing case and not overwhelming the reader with excessive information can be tricky.
    Emotional Appeal: Fundraising proposals often require the use of emotional appeals to engage donors, which can be challenging to execute authentically without appearing manipulative.
    Customization: Tailoring proposals to suit the preferences and priorities of different funders can be time-consuming, as each proposal may require unique elements.
    Competitive Landscape: In many cases, organizations are competing with numerous other nonprofits for limited funding, making it vital to stand out.
    2: What is one strategy that you will use when writing fundraising proposals in the future?
    One strategy I will continue to use when writing fundraising proposals in the future is the "Impact Storytelling" approach. This involves not only presenting statistics and data but also weaving compelling stories about individuals or communities directly impacted by the organization's work.
    Impact stories humanize the proposal, making it relatable and emotionally resonant for potential donors. By sharing real-life narratives of people whose lives have been positively transformed by the organization's initiatives, it helps donors connect on a personal level. These stories illustrate the tangible difference their contributions can make.
    To effectively use this strategy, I will:
    Collect Authentic Stories: Continuously gather stories from the field, ensuring they are genuine and accurately represent the organization's impact.
    Highlight Diversity: Showcase a diverse range of stories to appeal to a broader audience and demonstrate the organization's inclusivity.
    Use Compelling Language: Craft narratives with vivid descriptions, engaging language, and a clear structure to maintain the reader's interest.
    Connect to the Proposal: Ensure that each impact story aligns with the proposal's overall message and objectives, emphasizing how the project or initiative will create similar positive outcomes.
    Impact storytelling not only makes the proposal more persuasive but also creates a lasting impression, increasing the likelihood of donor engagement and support.

The most challenging part of writing a fundraising proposal is often crafting a compelling narrative that effectively conveys the organization's mission, the significance of the project, and the impact it will have on the target beneficiaries. This challenge arises for several reasons:
    Limited Space: Fundraising proposals typically have strict word limits or page constraints, making it essential to convey a complex project succinctly.
    Balancing Details: Finding the right balance between providing sufficient details to make a convincing case and not overwhelming the reader with excessive information can be tricky.
    Emotional Appeal: Fundraising proposals often require the use of emotional appeals to engage donors, which can be challenging to execute authentically without appearing manipulative.
    Customization: Tailoring proposals to suit the preferences and priorities of different funders can be time-consuming, as each proposal may require unique elements.
    Competitive Landscape: In many cases, organizations are competing with numerous other nonprofits for limited funding, making it vital to stand out.
    One strategy I will continue to use when writing fundraising proposals in the future is the "Impact Storytelling" approach. This involves not only presenting statistics and data but also weaving compelling stories about individuals or communities directly impacted by the organization's work.
    Impact stories humanize the proposal, making it relatable and emotionally resonant for potential donors. By sharing real-life narratives of people whose lives have been positively transformed by the organization's initiatives, it helps donors connect on a personal level. These stories illustrate the tangible difference their contributions can make.
    Collect Authentic Stories: Continuously gather stories from the field, ensuring they are genuine and accurately represent the organization's impact.
    Highlight Diversity: Showcase a diverse range of stories to appeal to a broader audience and demonstrate the organization's inclusivity.
    Use Compelling Language: Craft narratives with vivid descriptions, engaging language, and a clear structure to maintain the reader's interest.
    Connect to the Proposal: Ensure that each impact story aligns with the proposal's overall message and objectives, emphasizing how the project or initiative will create similar positive outcomes.
    Impact storytelling not only makes the proposal more persuasive but also creates a lasting impression, increasing the likelihood of donor engagement and support.

• The most challenging part of writing a fundraising proposal is often crafting a compelling narrative that effectively conveys the organization's mission, the significance of the project, and the impact it will have on the target beneficiaries. This challenge arises for several reasons:

F
    2 Replies
  • The challenging aspect was the abstract ; trying to put all that is required in a brief statement

• 1.The most challenging part was using the right words so that people decide to support and donate a project of my foundation.

2.I will write with catchy language and use a little consumer psychology.

• The writing and the power of words is undeniable.

• excelent! I agree!

• Composition was the major challenge. Not sure if I was sounding convincing enough

• Wow, I have learned a lot

A
    1 Reply
  • In my academic learning, I found that adding references from 1 or 2 published/credible research studies can add value to your proposal. For example, if your proposal is about supporting food banks, you can find a study that shows the impact of food banks in the community / productivity / economic development. This way, the donor may understand how much he/she can contribute to the society by making a donation.

• the challenging area is on budgeting...

• great success

• In general, the most challenging part of writing a fundraising proposal can vary depending on the specific context and goals of the proposal. Some common challenges include clearly articulating the project's objectives, demonstrating its potential impact, addressing potential concerns or objections, and effectively conveying the value proposition to potential donors.

A strategy that can be effective when writing fundraising proposals is to thoroughly research and understand the target audience or potential donors. This includes identifying their interests, values, and priorities, as well as tailoring the proposal to align with their specific goals and objectives. Additionally, highlighting the unique aspects and benefits of the project, providing compelling evidence of its potential success, and clearly outlining the steps for implementation can also enhance the effectiveness of the proposal.

Lastly generating of objectives, abstract that are in line with the organisation's view posed a challenge.

• The hardest part was about synthesis requirements. We do want to develop, point per point, how our project would be positive for that society. But we do have some limits.
    I will remember the ways of address a fundraising proposal, while having in mind the characteristics of the people I send that to.

• me neither, it is the hardest part I think ! but at least it develops creativity and imagination

• it is really hard to write a fundraising proposal, because we do have to be careful with the worlds we use, with every detail mention. also, we have to be pragmatical and to exemplify clearly our explanations.

I will always remember that I do have to follow the steps I defined beforehand

• yes and this is the hardest part since we created that project! we do want to explain more and more our project

• the limits of timing are so hard also

• for my proposal writings, I would also. like to make them read again by the people I wanna help, to make sure I am useful

• In general, the most challenging part of writing a fundraising proposal can vary depending on the specific context and goals of the proposal. Some common challenges include clearly articulating the project's objectives, demonstrating its potential impact, addressing potential concerns or objections, and effectively conveying the value proposition to potential donors.

A strategy that can be effective when writing fundraising proposals is to thoroughly research and understand the target audience or potential donors. This includes identifying their interests, values, and priorities, as well as tailoring the proposal to align with their specific goals and objectives. Additionally, highlighting the unique aspects and benefits of the project, providing compelling evidence of its potential success, and clearly outlining the steps for implementation can also enhance the effectiveness of the proposal.

Lastly generating of objectives, abstract that are in line with the organisation's view posed a challenge.

1. The most challenging part of writing a fundraising proposal is often striking the right balance between conveying the depth and importance of the project's impact while keeping the proposal concise and engaging. It can be difficult to condense a complex project into a limited space, ensuring that every key point is addressed without overwhelming the reader. The challenge lies in effectively presenting the problem, solution, and the organization's capacity in a compelling and concise manner. Additionally, understanding the specific preferences and requirements of different funders can also be challenging, as proposals often need to be tailored to each potential donor's guidelines and priorities.

2. A strategy to use when writing fundraising proposals in the future is to focus on storytelling. By framing the proposal in the form of a compelling narrative, you can draw the reader into the project's context, emphasizing the human impact and real-life stories that demonstrate the need and the potential for positive change. Storytelling can make the proposal more relatable and emotionally engaging for the reader, helping them connect with the project's goals and impact on a personal level. This approach can help convey the essence of the project and its significance while maintaining the reader's interest and attention.

• The objective is some what challenging it requires more than once re-reading to get the exact answer.

• The Challenging part making it brief and precise
    The strategy that I will use when writing fundraising proposal in the future is following the steps required in designing the proposal.

M
    1 Reply
  • The objective is some wha challenging

• Thats it ...Its realy challenging to write a proposal as it doesnt meet the needs of donors it will be a problem

• Thats it ...Its realy challenging to write a proposal as it doesnt meet the needs of donors it will be a problem

1. The biggest challenge is to use the exact words that can make my proposal interesting

2. The best strategy is a good advertising image.

• I identify with the answer

• I agree with the answer

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.