Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Digital methods of data collections are found to be with positive effects during different occasions and events due to its efficiency, wide storage space,precissed managements,proper utilization and accession while the limitations of the digital methods are of risen amount of cost in data collection,e.t.c.

• The world is going digital so I think its better to take the initial cost of such digital developments.

• The featured online platform tools are commendable!

• Using digital data collection is very important and high effectiveness

• genial discurrs i believe are very good subjects its wonderfull every courses

• Depending on what one wants to use the digital data collection method to achieve, the attendant advantages and concerns are relative.

• Information leakage can be possible in data collection plans due to hacking and hence this further accelerates to exposure to other challenges.

• Before data collection, you should know your participants preferred method of communication.
    Know if they can get access to digital technology and how skilled they are in using them before you use them as your data collection tools

• Digital data collection is more effective than paper based data collection method.

• i think collecting data using digital platforms it much better and the reasons is because it will help a dater collector safeguard that information from people who are not authorized

• We are now spoilt for choice when it comes to accessing Digial Choices. Some are not too good, others cost a fortune. Altogether, their are plent of options available in our midst. Knowing or finding the right tools can be a challenge to many a people.

I have since settled for KoboCollect or which I program to carry out mobile data collection. It has the grace of being functional online and offline. Data can be gathered offline and sent when you have access to the internet. It has proven such an ease. I suggest you look it up.

Call if you need any help with it.

D
    1 Reply
  • Their expense is a one off and has savings well into the future. Add the fact it is less cumbersome, and can do some of the donkey-work prior.

Costing the other supposed cheaper methods willcost a bundle over time. Add the error, time, etc.

• It sure did. You can do way less work with even fewer people involved.

• Information leakage can be possible in data collection plans due to hacking and hence this further accelerates to exposure to other challenges.

• Digital approaches are the most efficient and reliable although cost may and access may inhibit wider use

• Wow, didn't know such tools existed.

• You are right, reviewed kobo functionalities and user-friendly interfaces.

• you need to follow how advantageous in terms of data management, data use and others while assessing digital choices.

• you assess depending on how advatengous they are.

• Though it of high cost and requires training to operate and maintain, digital data storing and processing is of more advantage, more persons can have access to the data on a survey at a time .

• going through this topic i have learnt how to collect data digitally the pros and cons

• In terms of being on an updated process and having the capability of defeating the other competent teams in the field of collection data in an accurate way and delivering the best possible study which helps your stakeholder to establish the right decision regarding any issue.
    For all of that, teams have to react in a professional style and follow the latest techniques that lead into the required results.
    Therefore, the digital option is considered as the primary choice.
    it delivers a wide view of the matter and delivers the necessary platform for a high quality studies, and surely in a short period of time ,

• Choosing the digital choice for data collection is more convenient especially for concurrent data correction and it has got a lot of advantages as opposed to the paper-based data collection. In this section these advantages have been discussed.

Some of the key advantages discussed included the simplicity and efficiency of data collection, Data Types, Management, Accessibility and use. However, concerns have also been mentioned, which included cost, and the need for training of the data collection team

• could anyone please clearly help me about what is exactly uneven availability in digital data collection concerns as I bit confused it

• digital data collection can often sync effortlessly with digital databases.

• while digital data collection can ease the work of data entry, it needs a high level of literacy

• yes, all are essentially important but you to choose the best as you can't use them all

• some people may have access to computers but don't know how to use them

• some people may have access to computers but don't know how to use them

• There can be pros and cons

• I agree with all

• With digital choice, data can easily be managed, analyzed, stored and protected other than paper work.
    For users that are illiterate about the digital transformation, trainings can be applied.

• for ease and simplicity of the data collection digital method such as mobile, and electronic is the best since it ensure work done on time and the information easily shared.

• Both Frontline and Rapid SMS can be a use tool since they can manage to collect arrays of quality and quantity data, despite the Rapid SMS requires maintenance of software. They are very great tools, look forward to using them.

Simon

• there are many considerations that needs to be taken into account before deciding to choose from digital sources. the cost of the technology is very important. the ease with which it is used by the people who will enter this information is very important. this is a curtail as giving a digital data tool to users who do not know how to use this system will lead to a lot of inconsistencies in the data submitted. Also, digital data choice is often accompanied with a form of electronic device this, means this can only be useful in developed or semi developed areas. using this in a purely rural area is almost impossible.

• Can Odk and Kobo collect be used for digital data collection?

• Digital based data collection makes M&E an easy job

• Digital based data collection makes M&E an easy job

• data collection methods provides means to of laying trust on the processed information. some errors arise from data collection. digital data collection helps to minimize errors that arise due to transcription

• It is very important to know the cultural and political context among other things for particular place you want to collect data from. It helps us avoid many things that would actually impede the work of our organization.

• It is very important to know the cultural and political context among other things for particular place you want to collect data from. It helps us avoid many things that would actually impede the work of our organization.

• Everything is fine! The course is positive

• Mobile data collection nowadays is more widely used because of its ease of use, low cost, and more efficient.

• As part of Surrey Choices’ Digital Programme we are offering the people we support access to live digital sessions.

Digital Choices Live Sessions are hosted virtually by Surrey Choices staff, for the people we support to be a part of and interact in sessions with one another.

Click below on Digital Choices Live Sessions to see a timetable of our current sessions

• As part of Surrey Choices’ Digital Programme we are offering the people we support access to live digital sessions.

Digital Choices Live Sessions are hosted virtually by Surrey Choices staff, for the people we support to be a part of and interact in sessions with one another.

Click below on Digital Choices Live Sessions to see a timetable of our current sessions

• Optional reading has to do with when you think of having an alternative.

• Digital methods can actually be cheap, user and environmental friendly the individual involves in data collection is familiar with it. It can save time as well

• Despite the potential limitations, adopting digital data collection technologies can help the organization to reduce costs and time required to do large surveys manually.

• I understand that Digital choices matters when its comes to the modern data collection and reaching out to the large audience but also places that are hard to reach areas to be looked into when making choices.

• Digital data collection is one of the most used method of collection now but studying the environment will give a better option on the method to use.

• ASSESSING DIGITAL CHOICES
    Digital ways of collecting information has come in handy for the last two decades.
    Th**e digital ways of collecting data is effective than using the paper work in collecting data.

ADVANTAGES OF USING DIGITAL CHOICES**
    -efficient in collecting data
    -captures different types of data eg.photos
    -data can be stored in cloud
    -easy to retrieve information

• If you are looking to conduct MDC projects internally
    in the future, you may want to hire an external
    consultant or firm to assist you with support in
    building your organization’s capacity while avoiding
    common pitfalls when choosing the software
    and hardware, training staff, and/or offering a
    troubleshooting service during implementation.

• module 2 assessing digital choices is really very interesting

• If you are considering switching from a paper-based data collection system to a digital data collection system, the following reading from FHI 360 can be helpful. Read section I (pages 7-15) to learn more about making the switch.

• Although digital data collection is fast but it is not all data that can be accurately collected digitally.

• to be quite honest digital data assessing has more advantages than disadvantages

• data collection digital is depend in survey with digital used

• Digital data collection methods have become a must use in the recent past, however you need to understand your context before you can decide to use them. Mobile data collection are fast, efficient, cost effective and accurate compared to the traditional method use of a pen and paper. However, in areas with poor internet and lack of electricity they might require one to use the traditional methods. In summary, selecting which digital method to use will highly depend on the type of data to collect, they context and users ability to use the tools.

• I think it a matter of practical necessity that M&E systems need to to utilize both data collection choices. Both digital and paper based data collection methods have their use. Depending on whether your collecting quantitative or qualitative data. Digital is more convenient for quantitative while paper is mostly suitable for qualitative data collection.

• My organization prefer using digital sources because it is quicker and more easier to maintain than paper, also we can gather more information from a lot of people at the same time

• In the last two decades, digital data collection technologies have grown in popularity. The reasons for this are obvious: whereas before conducting a survey required hundreds of hours of recording, copying, and arranging paper, teams equipped with the appropriate technology can now simply capture survey data on smartphones. Even when more information is gathered digitally, it is still worthwhile to examine if digital data gathering is the best solution for your team.

• Technological transformation exists so that we can find ways of maximizing our resources and optimizing our operations, and digital data collection provides an efficient method for collecting data in a faster and more accurate manner. The method is a step into the future because it facilitates data collection, entry, and analysis. Its efficiency and accuracy make it ideal for replacing the traditional paper-based method.

• Nowadays data can be collected digitally so if you are planning to collect digital data you need to assess the choice. You can assess the choice by looking at the advantages and disadvantages of the system. Some of the advantages of digital choice are; efficiency in data collection, data type, and data management, data access and data use. You should also assess the choice by looking at its limitations which can be uneven availability, cost, training and security.

• Digital methods of collecting data can have its advantages and concerns at the same time. Even though it might be easier to collect massive amounts of quantitative and qualitative data, its very costly to to buy the gadgets and it may cost even more to train the staff that will be using it as it need technically skilled trainers

• Digital data collection is much more convenient during data collection than the manual data collection. Digital data collection saves time and cost compared to the physical.

• Digital data collection system is better than paper-based because it is faster both on the collection stage and on the analysis stage. For data management, collecting data digitally is better because it can be backed up and be accessed with another phone when log in details are available.

• everything is clear on assessing digital choices,

• I think digital is the good one it that not need to much work if you are well trained and because now we are able to save information on one drive or share point where only people with access can find it and it help as if the device you are using get lost or broken you can still use another one and just log in with your logins and access the information that was in the lost device so I can say I prefer digital than paper based. As for paper based if your hard copy document get lost you will need to redo everything and that can irritate the people you are interviewing and delay the reporting.

• it is a good way of collecting data but i think still it is not too safe

• The digital choice for data collecting can reduce cost of collecting process, especially travelling to many places which cost the project implementation a lot in budget and time. however, there is still a challenge in skills and accessibility for remote areas.

• digital collection of data is the best

• Digital data collection makes work easier and less stressful but in a resource-restrain setting like ours in Nigeria where power supply is a major challenge, it may take a little longer to be fully adopted as a sole means of data collection. however, institutions and companies who can sustain power supply make this choice and even go further to recruit and train staffs on digital science.

• If we use digital survey, should be our questions are short. some people are dislike more questions

• With Digital Choices being available, it has made data collection so easy. It is fast and efficient.

W
    1 Reply
  • Overall, digital platforms for data collection, management and analysis have benefits that outweigh conventional hardcopy methods.

• Assessing digital choices

• There are definitely more advantages than disadvantages to digital choices. The risks are there, but are minimum and can be easily be foreseen in a risks assessment of the information handled.

• We keep both digital and paper, it all depends on what type of data we're talkin about.

• It is true that for data collection, the paper and technical method are both useful thought one is expensive and fast while the other is time consuming but cheap.

• its really cool to understand your target audiences as will help to gather relevant information.

• its really cool to understand your target audiences as will help to gather relevant information.

• I am more comfortable with the digital data collection method. Except in situations where the need for paper is extremely needed.

• .Digital methods for collecting data provides a more efficient method for collecting data especially for surveys, where a large number of participants is required and long distance are covered, by providing a portable tool, and ease in data analysis.

• to me Digital Data collection tools is very important except that if the user did not understand how to used the device that is were the problems is because it will lead to collecting wrong information and which will lead to wrong decision making.

• Data collection by digital means can prevent from time wasting. Currently for M&E purpose I collect data in paper forms and then enter it into excel for visualization. But if security situation allow us and enumerators have the capacity I will difenitely transform from papar to Dvice Magic which will prevent from my time consumption.

• Digital data collection method depend on the organization's ability to afford the digital equipment for data collection, level of competence by staff as going digital requires technical skills and training of staff, the ability of an organization to ensure security of data and the nature of data being collected.

• in data collection to use digital system is very important than using manual system like paper writing, because you put the data in the system or database directly stored and without losing some data because paper are very easily to reject. unfortunately using mobile is primary than writing paper.

• Some of the more common types include online tests, virtual presentations, and essays (which are undertaken using digital technologies as part of the process). However, there is a wide variety of other types and these may be used for summative or formative assessment purposes.

Through embedded assessments, educators can see evidence of students' thinking during the learning process and provide near real-time feedback through learning dashboards so they can take action in the moment. Families can be more informed about what and how their children learned during the school day.

• data management is a crucial first step to employing effective data analysis at scale, which leads to important insights that add value to your customers and improve your bottom line. With effective data management, people across an organization can find and access trusted data for their queries through Visibility, Reliability, Security.

• I have read the suggested report entitled, 'Paper-to-mobile data collection: A Manual' and I can resonate with all of the frequently raised concerns the author enumerated. Reading about the challenges and the proposed effective answers, I can say that altogether, transitioning from paper to mobile digital collection (MDC) tools requires openness to embracing change. For example, the reason that respondents would not like MDC tools. While this is a valid point, there are means to address in operationalising data collection. One mechanism is to ask potential respondents if they are willing to be interviewed using an MDC tool. Through this, respondents decide about their engagement that minimises potential dislike of the too. Unless MDC tools are not appropriate to the research task and questions of the study, its usage should be increased to save time and effort in an ever-changing and fast-paced society.

• The rate at which the world is changing, going digital is always a better option

• I have previously used Qualtrics Core XM at my University. It is a powerful and easy-to-use tool. Highly recommend it.

• Using the methods of collecting and storing data in a digital way has become one of the basics of humanitarian work because it provides for cost reduction, data protection and speed of analysis, which allowed to increase the speed of response to crises and conflicts.

• Program staff

Managers

Executive

Donors

Partners

Government

agencies

• The reasons for this are obvious based on whereas previously conducting a survey required hundreds of hours of recording, copying, and organizing paper, teams equipped with the appropriate technology can now easily record survey data on smartphones. Even as more information is collected digitally, it is still worth considering whether digital data collection is the best option for your team based on data collection efficiency, data management, data access, security, and data usefulness.

• The use of digital forms will help your company reduce costs, streamline business processes, and improve efficiency.

• with the era of technology assessing digital choices has become easy convenient and collaborative though this comes with its bag of consequences

• Despite the concerns for digital ways for data collection, the increase in technological advancements are proving the efficiency and need for digital data collection, rather than paper based methods that are difficult in storage and accessibility.

• One of the glaring advantages of digital data collection is the data entry time that is saved. The data can easily be put into a data analysis platform.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.