Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• okay
    good to know

• your document cant open please

• In my company Project manager report to the Project management board( Project management) The project manager can change schedule, budget with the permission from project management board.

• In my company, Project manager report to Project Management Office which is Project Governance Group including CEO, Project Director, Project Manager Head. Project Manager needs to have PMO's permission for Scope, Schedule, Budget.

• In my company, Project manager report to Project Management Office which is Project Governance Group including CEO, Project Director, Project Manager Head. Project Manager needs to have PMO's permission for Scope, Schedule, Budget.

• Most project fail to achieve their intended objective because of lacking a clear charter. All the leadership involved in the project should have a clear operational authority to enable clear communication, mandate and influence.
    Therefore, it is important to write down a clear charter that will govern the project, signed by all the relevant leaders before starting the project.

• My organization is endowment; it has business unities and the profit collected from this business unities use for social development and business expansion. The social support project lead by project mangers; this project mangers report to the corporate CEO. The higher governance of the corporate is the Board of Directors; because of this the CEO report to Board of Directors. The board of directors evaluate the and give the way forward.

• My organization is endowment; it has business unities and the profit collected from this business unities use for social development and business expansion. The social support project lead by project mangers; this project mangers report to the corporate CEO. The higher governance of the corporate is the Board of Directors; because of this the CEO report to Board of Directors. The board of directors evaluate the and give the way forward.

• Project Governance: This is an important document that has the list of all the people who are involved in the project and the roles they each play for the success of the project.
    This has to be discussed right at the planning stage so th project manager can have an opportunity to probe the leadership on the exact roles and responsibilites.

• In my organization, projects can be brought to the table or delegated to a PM. Typically the PM reports to the Associate director and has plenty of freedom to change course for the project to flow and stay on schedule. Budgeting typically has to be approved by our VP of Programs. I have not used a charter for a project and I am very interested in seeing how it can help structure the governance of a project. I want to know if it helps more or if it can hinder the project flow at times.

• Is she alone in developing the budget? or are there people who supports her with that?

• On our projects, the project manager reports to 2 people: the country representative and the head of programs. While the HOP can give feedback on the program, the final say stands from the CR. She is the one that validates progress or changes the course of work.

• That's a good one

• Project management is about operational and execution management, while project governance is about direct and control, or information management. Some project governance responsibilities are not relevant to the project's implementation throughout the whole project organization. Consider project tolerances, for example. The main responsibility of project governance is to ensure that the project provides a decent product by directing and controlling, but it tends to be unconcerned about technical issues. The project governance and project management have a gap, according to case study research. How are governance concerns solved inside project unit? In the gap situation, what kind of communication did project management and project governance use?

• I'm a student i don't have any experience.

• What happens when the Director of the organization is absent , who does the project manager consult with?

• Does the Progect Governace differ for big and small organisations?
    DO the chatter differ as well for small and big organisation?

• What are the exact roles of project governance and does it has control over project manager?

• In my organization people always wait that coordinator guide them.
    We should empower them to have and present their ideas about the problems.

• The project manager has to directly deal with the analysis team but the reports should be made by the one or more subordinates to the manager.

• In my organization, We carry out work through public or private contracts. Despite this we have a plan, budget and scope. The project manager (responsible for the work) reports directly to the head of the company, who independently constitutes the entire governance body of the project. To modify the budget or other, it is necessary to make a meeting with the other engineers, the financial administration, and the human resources. our problems and causes are different from the source project.

• On the project I worked on, the project governance majorly comprised the team at the HQ level (The Project Director, The Deputy Project Director, the Managing Director of the organization, etc.). Little authority resided with the implementation team at the various states field level. Thus, the implementation team majorly followed instructions, reported challenges or constraints to the HQ team (project governance) and awaited further instructions. Budgets, schedules and scopes were communicated to the field implementation team who are tasked with ensuring project activities and deliverables are achieved in line with these 3 key project 'determinants'. Inability to conform to any of these 3 determinants would have to be communicated to the project governance who will then give further directives.

• Yeah. This seems fair enough and commonly what obtains in most organizations. And you are so right about that extra strict adherence and rigidity when it comes to budgets.

• In a project being implemented, the governance structure comprises the Director, Project Manager and the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The Project Manager reports to the Director as well as Donors with permission from the Director.

• Thanks for this lesson.

• Thanks for this lesson.

• I've not really performed any project managing job before
    I'm just starting to learn

• In reference to my organisation, the board which is made up of chariman, secretary, shareholders participates solely in decision making before any action is taken.

• At beginning and end of the day & weekly basis through his schedule & report.

• I think a project charter is a prerequisite in your case so that roles and responsibilities can be defined from the very beginning and a project governance too. Without these two even the most brilliant project manager will not be able to execute their job rightly no matter how much fund they have in place. I propose project manager call a meetings when they need to make major changes and make sure those changes are documented, agreed and signed by the project governance if this is not considered it may just be near impossible to execute or implement any project.

• Without a project charter how is the project manager expected to do their job effectively? Please I will also love to know if there are other suggestions that would help the project manage thrive in such a scenario.

• Before the commencement of any project, it is crucial and imperative to have a project charter. It is important to divide the authority. In our governing structure, the project manager needs to report to Executive director. Project Manger has authority over fieldwork managing and also accountable for budgeting. The project team has the roles of providing technical assistance and reporting.

• Project Governance is vital part of delivering successful project. The roles and responsibilities need to be clearly defined, especially on the powers of the project manager. Without a clear project governance is nearly impossible to plan and implement a project.

• I used to think that Project Managers called the shots but not anymore. There is definitely more to learn I proceed further in the course.

• Before the project start, it is very important to have a charter between project manager, governing body and stakeholders. I think it is very good to divide the authority. In our governing structure, the project manager needs to report to Executive director. Project Manger has authority over fieldwork managing and also accountable for budgeting.
    I want to know about managing in rigid environment.

• Before the project start, it is very important to have a charter between project manager, governing body and stakeholders. I think it is very good to divide the authority. In our governing structure, the project manager needs to report to Executive director. Project Manger has authority over fieldwork managing and also accountable for budgeting.
    I want to know about managing in rigid environment.

Project governance provides direction and defines decision-making procedures and metrics for validating impacts to the project. It also enables the project team to deliver on requirements and creates a forum for issue resolution to occur in a timely manner

• The project governance consists of the directors of the organisation. The project manager reports to the directors regarding the progress of the works, in charge of supervising the workers on site but to make changes, they have to ask the directors for approval.

• the project manager should usually give updates to the director weekly, or even monthly it depend on the amount of work in the organization. Yes of course, the donor can also be part in project governance.

• Yes project manager need to have a discussion with the project governance inorder to know the assigned responsibilities

• At my organization the project manager reports to the project associate. The PM can make hiring decisions but need the permission of both the program associate and the director to make any final decision especially in regard to budget and workplan

• Fantastic. I lean more and understand the course more better than when I am reading alone. The discussion is many knowledgeable peoples ideas sharing. I appreciate your contribution. I need more to improve the level of my knowledge. thank you and god bless you all.

• On our projects, the program manager reports to the director of the organization and the donor agency. The program manager can change schedules and tasks, but he needs to get the approval of the director and the donor agency to change any budgets, deadlines, or requirements of the projects.

• Beginning to get the hang on project management.

• in my organization, the project coordinator report to the minister, and high-level decisions are made by the national steering committee(NSC) which comprises the coordinator, minister, and the world bank representative known as the donor and some major implementing partners. the terms of reference are designed according to the hierarchy of staff namely senior, intermediate, and junior staff. the project coordinator normally makes decisions related to disbursements of funds and supervision of the result framework or scope to make sure that the project achieves its deliverables or project development objectives(PDO)

• I know of an organization whose structure and system only has the board of directors and coming down is the programs manager and the operations manager both with their team. in this kind of an arrangement, who does a project manager report to if they employed one?

• or between the operations and programs manager, who can act as the project manager?

• I and my team are about to launch an organization called The Builders. We are passion about raising boys into men of substance. At what point do we need a project manager?

P
    1 Reply
  • In my organization only CEO can make decision prior to Each Action , but on site only project manager is responsible toward activities as per planning department , the schedule will be follow at site no one can change the schedule , Basically on site project manager is not responsible including Scope, Schedule and budget , it decided direct from CEO of the company, Only change order PM can proceed to make profit of the organization

• The last organization I worked for is the multi-donors project covering five regions (called ‘hub’). Each hub has different structure but more or less they have the regional Hub Manager (or Program Manager) who leads each hub and reports directly to the Technical Lead in their respective Headquarters (US, Germany, etc.) Between the donors and the hubs, there is the middle party called ‘the Secretariat’ who provides a monitoring to each hub. Since this is the multi-donors project, each hub reports to different donors, but there is a dedicated meeting/report for each hub to report all the work progress to everyone. The Hub manager/PM reports to both the Secretariat and assigned donors.

The PM has the responsibilities to fulfill all the requirements, schedule, time management and modifications if need be and reporting. The PM also works together and consult periodically to the Project Lead.

B
    1 Reply
  • each task should be assigned to eligible personnel if it needs training please do it

• The organization I work in is still growing we don't have the team governance, and the project manager reports to the regional director of our funders.

• In my organization, the project manager reports to the Head of Departments (HOP) of our organization. The project manager may be allowed to change budgets and schedules, but with consultation and approval from the Head of department.

• Project manager can report to director and do other tasks

• At my organization , the Project Manager is the key designer of all projects. He reports to the Country Manager on a monthly and quarterly bases. He is the chief custodian of program data base.
    The pro

• With regards to project governance,  it is very vital to understand the line of authority in project management and implementation. For  example, some of the institutions that I have worked with from experience,  Some organizations projects are headed by Chief of Party, Country Director, Country Managers etc. Moreover, at field levels , County Program Managers and Team Leaders take responsibilities for the governance of  the project.  The details of the project is explained through  project orientation and inception workshops.

Every key and field players roles and responsibilities are defined though term of references.

The governance structures are designed in three ways . High level and senior level governance, 2 Middle or Intermediate level of governance and 3, field level or ground level of governance.

• Project governance is an important aspect in any project, it describes the dos and do not in each and every project. In our organization, the Project Managers report to the Head of Programs, who with the other management team members send project change suggestions to donors for final decisions. The decisions include major budget relocations and huge procurement.

• I think my organization is pretty well-organized. As a matter of a fact, each project has its own project manager, to whom the staff may refer. The project manager then hires a responsible for choosing who may enroll in the project. This way, each person knows exactly who is above them and with whom they have to communicate.

P
    1 Reply
  • In my organization, the project manager reports to the project director, who then informs the president of the situation. The President calls a meeting with the project team to deliberate on the subject, when a decision is reached by the team the president gives a go ahead for the implementation by the project manager through the project director.

• The project manager report to the Executive director on a weekly basis in my organization. He is not allowed to take decisions on budgets.

• I have not part took in any major project , though most at times during projects , I was always in the field and literally know what levels decisions were been made or who is what in a project. how ever in the course of reading this course , i have understood a lot of details and come to understand a lot of things as per project management. i now understand what project governance is all about. it is of course a decision making body.

• who make immediate decision when the project manager is stock in an immediate issues.

• I guess decision making most be to slow here.

• The director should report on a weekly basis. The donors should also be represented in the project governance team to provide immediate feedback to the donors.

• Thank you for replying to this

• The project manager reply directly to the managing partner of our organization. certain decision can be made by him alone while he need to get the approval of the managing partner before some can be made. For instance, the finance and compliance officer of our organization made decision on his own, but gives reports to the managing partner of the organization.

• i am very thankful for nice learning platform this course improve my management skills

• The project manager reply directly to the managing partner of our organization. certain decision can be made by him alone while he need to get the approval of the managing partner before some can be made. For instance, the finance and compliance officer of our organization made decision on his own, but gives reports to the managing partner of the organization

• Project Governance is integral part of delivering successful project. At our Organization the project manager share ideas with staff aswell as stakeholders in order to make informed decisions. It is a clear sign team work regardless of the project manager being the one who makes the final decision. roles and responsibilities need to be clearly defined, especially on the powers of the project manager.

• In our Organisation the project manager reports to the Head of Programs and Executive director for internal approvals. The Project manager and the technical team initiates activities as per scope of work and need. Depending on the nature of activity (Scope and budget), the Executive director reports to the board of directors or the donor.

The governance structure is well articulated in the scope of work and MOU which is signed by relevant stakeholders.

• In some of our african organisations, founders and key directors are held synonymous with the organisation itself. With such influence, it can be difficult to properly acknowledge the need for proper succession planning. An effective board is open to frequent discussions on succession and succession planning. Without proper succession plans in place, board member shuffles can quickly become distracting and damaging, acting as a public sign of organisational governance incompetencies.

• my question would be : some organizations have in their center people that have multiple qualifications and can do a work of 2 person, shall we devide them or seldom give to someone this possibility when he has all the level required for

• in my organisation, the project manager reports to the board which makes alot of the final decisions in conjunction with the CEO

• Project charter provides clear understanding of what is needed from everyone involve in a projects.

• In my case at our organisation the project managers report to the head of department (HOP), updates can be given on regular basis depending on the matter and the donor is not directly involved in project governance..

• In my team, day-to-day operational decisions are made by the project manager after program officers report to the. The program manager then reports to the executive director weekly or if there is any major progress made.

• Similarly, project managers in our organization are reporting directly to the CEO who also act as the project governance on each awarded projects. Moreover, project managers have full authority on construction operation from pre design to post construction services while CEO usually involves in any client relations that may be brought up during the works.

• On the project our organisation is implementing the project manager reports to the executive director of the organization. The project manager can not change schedules and tasks on his own, but he need to get the permission of the director to change any budgets, deadlines, or requirements. this is done after the executive directyor has consulted the board of direrctors.

• In our CBO, the project manager report to the board of trustee who are the governance body in charge of the project. They mobilise funds and give direction on the running of the daily activities of the projects. The projects manager also conduct annual general assembly meeting to brief the stakeholders,community and members all of the country about the progress of the projects, challenges faced and new updates.

• In my organization, the program manager report to the Country Director of the Organization. The program officer makes decisions of change in any given project by first liaising with the country director and who also is in charge of the department that can help effect the change. We have the Board of Trustee members, the Country director, other senior staff members and them the teams under the each department as our Work Base Structure.
    Should the Country Director be on Leave, who then can the program manager report to to effect these changes when the need arises?

• At my organization, it's the program manager, portfolio manager and national director that make up the project governance.

• Project Mangers in my organization reports to the Head of Programs. Project Managers can make changes to allocation of tasks and schedules and where other activities might be prioritize over others. All budget related issues are discussed at higher level

• In my organization, decisions bothering on the Scope, timeline and budget of the Project are made by the Project Management Team, however, the Program Manager and Thematic Leads may make useful recommendations based on the realities in the field. These recommendations will have to be sanctioned by the Project Management Team and where necessary, the Donor, before action can be taken on it.

C
    1 Reply
  • In my organisation, the CEO and board Chair take the major decisions on behalf of the board for the organisation although as a project manager, I can change both schedule and budget but not scope of the project, however meetings are held where I defend the reason for the changes.

• How easy is it to wait for changes on scope and timeliness to be sanctioned by the donor before the work progresses.

• The organization I work in is still growing we don't have the team governance, and the project manager reports to the regional director of our funders.

• In my organisation, the project manager does everything under the governing umbrella of the organizational director.

Though as a project manager, the project charter can be prepared or formed under his authority but not to be perfectly utilized without the consent of the director.

• On our projects, the project manager reports to the director of the organization. The project manager can change schedules and tasks, but they need to get the permission of the director to change any budgets, deadlines, or requirements.

• n our organization, the Project Manager reports to the Head of the Provincial Branch of the Principal Recipient, who then reports to the COP and at his level dictates the orientations based on the data received from the Provincial Branch. There are clear job description for each agent and each one make his better to perform as well as his job description recommand.

• In my organisation, we have a program officer who oversees projects and reports to the managing partner. Where there is a need to make some changes, the decisions are made by the managing partners and the donors.

C
    1 Reply
  • In my organisation, as the Project Officer report to the Cheif Executive Officer/Senior Programs Manager who reports important project matters to the BoardChair and Board members or Donors. As the project Officer, I have the responsibility to develop and make necessary changes on schedules but not scope and budget, however may communicate these changes to the CEO who then reports to Donors and Board members

• I would like to know more about the role if the managing partner does that also represent the implementing partner?

• In our team, I report to the Project manager which in turn update the Senior manager.
    My role is to followed up the progression of the project and request for financial support. Any modification around the budget is made by the project manager.

• Project Managers indeed have more responsibilities but not as much power in decision making

• In our agency, the project management process is not interactive. All decisions that project managers are authorized to make are pre-documented in a notebook that they receive at the beginning of their shift. These decisions are made by the board of directors, which is composed of the director general and other administrators than the project managers, because the agency is national and is under the supervision of the presidency of the Republic.
    For its financing, the agency receives a subsidy from the State and also receives external financing from UNICEF, the World Bank, etc.
    Each project manager is allocated a budget for his or her project for one year and is required to perform both physically and financially.

• In our organization the manager reports directly to the board of governance.
    The manager is not allowed to make any changes if the board is not involved. This makes work hard for the manager is on the ground and knows what is needed to be done.
    With the knowledge acquired will stand at the gap and help the board realise the mistake they are making

• I am in agreement. Although the steps to get the end result are important the goal is to complete the project.

• The Project manager give quarterly report to the governing board during their quarterly meetings. In case of emergency, the Chairman of the board of directors will be informed and his input will be required at that point where necessary. When it requires urgency, the Chairman in collaboration with the project manager who is the secretary of the Board of directors can call for an emergency board meetings where the issue can be resolved.

• The project manager is expected to report to the director from time to time inorder to keep updated with the result so far and to also get their input to ensure that the ideas and goals of the project is collectively towards achieving the best.
    The Donor needs to be briefed on the progress made and the challenge encounter so as to have integrity and credibility to the project.

• My name is Ballé Emmanuel

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.