Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• My name is Nicholas. My organization is a Mission Healthcare Facility which was established in 1937 and has been striving to ensure it offers compassionate healthcare, spiritual ministry and also training healthcare professionals for service. I believe that the organization is at the amplification stage of growth since it has 3 satellite clinics/dispensaries which offer services. It also receives donor funds which are used to focus on the realization of the needs and betterment of services towards effective an efficient achievement of its mission.

T
    1 Reply
  • According to Tom, what kind of gifts build the basis of a healthy individual fundraising structure

T
    1 Reply
  • its a very good course

• its the stabilized one

• My name is Haileyesus Agonafer. I am working in a local NGO named SOS Sahel Ethiopia. the organization was previously an international organization and currently shifted towards local. the organization has about four programmatic areas and has about eight field office branches. people in the program area involved in fund raising activity and they have many donors. From time to time the number of beneficiaries reached increase. Therefore, I believe my organization is in the amplifying stage

• My name is Haileyesus Agonafer. I am working in a local NGO named SOS Sahel Ethiopia. the organization was previously an international organization and currently shifted towards local. the organization has about four programmatic areas and has about eight field office branches. people in the program area involved in fund raising activity and they have many donors. From time to time the number of beneficiaries reached increase. Therefore, I believe my organization is in the amplifying stage

• My name is Oluwaseun Aremu and I and my colleagues are working on establishing a nonprofit, though we've carried out our first project by sharing of palliative during the pandemic. We are working on our next project, I believe we are at the initiate stage because we don't have standardized structure yet

• My name is Mazin I'm a founder of a nonprofit Organization ME I CAN (M.I.C) , which is offering distinction services for youth with disabilities by supporting and advocating them by organizing many local competition, that helps them to recognize their talents so donors can reach them and give them an appropriate assistance,
    one of the famous competition is 'I can do it' which is 10 of more than 100 participants would eventually qualified to the final and they would be eligible to get an award that helps him to begin his scheme or project.
    M.I.C (Me I Can ) has begun two years ago .The Start beginning wasn't convinced me as founder, because we've faced many obstacles including, fund lacking, strict sanction by U.S against Ex-government which is negatively affected our initiate phase and the demonstrations during the country uprising against the Ex-government SUDAN
    DECEMBER REVOLUTION
    All those obstacles had formed together as a barricades from getting fundraising from global Organizations and individuals donate .
    Now we are at a stabilize stage and quiet better than last year.

• My name is Montana Njaaga and I work for a non profit that trains low-income women and girls, empowering them through education and specifically, Hospitality education. My organisation was established in 1992. We received funding to put up the permanent structures and purchase equipment. Initially, we would train women from their shanties about food production, hygiene and basic literacy. We later changed this when we got the building set up and we acquired the space where we are operating now. We started with Tailoring courses with a little Food Production. Eventually, we went full scale into Hospitality making it a certificate course. Our main programs are the Kimlea Business Centre for training adults, and the Full Time Hospitality Management Certificate Course for recent highschool graduates. We are not financially stable and we maintain few staff members and rely heavily on donations. We charge little but offer quality education which is expensive. I believe we are in the Stabilise Stage.

• My Name is Nelson in work with international medical NGO, our aim is to end children's HIV treat and support families with HIV and TB. I am a program coordinator and figuring out how will we achieve our goal and objectives

• My Name is Nelson i work with international medical NGO, our aim is to end children's HIV treat and support families with HIV and TB. I am a program coordinator and figuring out how will we achieve our goal and objectives

• My name is Ebel, i work as a IT project Lead at EquipMoz.org

• my name is Alex, and i work for Eye of hope Uganda. Our organization stated sometime back but it has been stagnant because of resource constraints and we have recently met to find ways how we can make the organization run and achieve its goals and objectives. we are an organization targeting to improve the livelihoods of the most vulnerable children; (Orphans, and children with disability) through provision of education and other basic needs. our biggest challenge right now is finance to enable us expand our scope. i think we are in the initial stage.

• I am Oguntuase, Mary Aderonke from Ekiti State southwestern part of Nigeria. I founded an NGO during April, 2020 during this pandemic. The name of the NGO is “ John Bosco Initiative and Career Development. The vision of this NGO is to help pupils and students choose their career based on their talent and to enlighten parents to help their children to choose their careers without imposition. Presently, l have not been able to hold any program due to COVID-19 and due to financial difficulties of doing the registration of the organization with the state government.

• Hello, my name is Helen and I work at an NGO that focuses on providing pathways for refugees in Mexico and around the world to access Mexican higher education institutions (with full scholarships and financial, academic, medical and psychosocial support provided). The organization is already operating for five years, and we have now four different programs. Within the last year, the organization has grown a lot and we are now preparing to increase the numbers of students and reach out to new groups. We are strategizing on that, so I believe we are most likely in the Growing phase.

• The Art Student's League of New York invited members to apply to serve on the Board of Control. The League was established in 1875. I would say the League is in the Amplify stage.

• My name is Nanci Bonfield and I am working as a Consultant, assisting with the beginning stages of a new nonprofit that assists with Grants for Cancer Survivor Resources. My organization just got started eight months ago. We have committees from our Board in working on building our organizations structure. We are working diligently to develop Fundraising Efforts to meet our mission. We are in the beginning stages of our organization. That is why I believe we are in the Initiate phase.

• My name is Nanci Bonfield and I am working as a Consultant, assisting with the beginning stages of a new nonprofit that assists with Grants for Cancer Survivor Resources. My organization just got started eight months ago. We have committees from our Board in working on building our organizations structure. We are working diligently to develop Fundraising Efforts to meet our mission. We are in the beginning stages of our organization. That is why I believe we are in the Initiate phase.

• my name is Kwembe Lawrence, I founded The Leadership Tower Foundation (TLTF), a nonprofit aimed at raising a community of young leaders properly equipped to influence and change the world around them positively. We got started about ten months ago. We are still struggling on the ways we can reach out to more people. on our inception, we launched a program, Leadership and Skill Development (LSD) Program to train secondary school students on leadership and entrepreneurship skills. we have great challenge with funding and mobilizing people to execute our program. Though we understand our vision and what we need to do, funding has been a serious lid. I certainly believe we are in the initial phase.

• My name is Lumbiwe Makunka and I work with a Theater for Development Project in Chililabombwe that is still in its infancy stage were we are still mobilizing the community to begin taking part in our activities

• My name is Lumbiwe Makunka and I work with a Theater for Development Project in Chililabombwe that is still in its infancy stage were we are still mobilizing the community to begin taking part in our activities

• My name is Luciah Mwendwa, I work in an organization that trains community groups to earnest their resources for community development and also use right based approach to demand for services. We have been doing this for the last 10 years where we grew from training one community to training in eight communities, we have also been able to fund raise for other programmes such as civic education, water and sanitation projects and conflict management. The organization has not employed new staffs for the past 10 Years although some times it engages consultants for services needed. The organization is in the growth phase since it is not financially stable and the leadership is not well developed,

• Hello my name is Moses working with Non Communicable Diseases Alliance of Kenya

• I'm on a working Board that has made an impact and gotten attention for the work it has done however, it is not sustainable because it is all being done by the E.D. Now that the organization is forced the grow, the Board must work on creative ways to expand. We are in definitely in the first phase because the structure is not in place to continue to grow.

• My name is Brianne Hendricks and I work for a nonprofit called Parish Proud. We started a year ago, but have had some program successes so I think we're transitioning from Initiate to Stabilize.

• My name is Nori and my organization is one of the oldest humanitarian organizations in the world. We are now in a phase where we have reached almost 20,000 staff and have been implementing new people strategies for the last three years which have fundamentally changed how we work. We are probably in the amplify stage but as we manage new programs we are also stabilizing in a way.

• Hello, my name is Ilan and I'm currently working for a non-profit organisation based in Jakarta, Indonesia. My organisation has had its own vision, missions, and a number of completed and on-going programmes. We have conducted regular M&E for each programme to ensure that it has benefited its beneficiaries. These programmes are supported by various stakeholders including private and public sectors. However, we're trying to expand our programmes and exploring new programmes with new working partners/donors. Thus, I believe my organisation is currently at the Grow stage.

• I am Ejovwo Ese gift, the hair consultant for hairs by glitzy. Our vision is to provide outstanding customer satisfaction and to teach people how to utilize their handwork. My organization is in the initiate phase because the company just got started about two months ago and it is still passing through government registration stage.

• My name is Jigme and I am working as a project coordinator in one of the NPO's based in India. Our organisation started in 1997 with handful of employees and currently we have grown in numbers and also with the area we work on.

• My name is Md. Sakib Hassan Khan and the place where I work is not a nonprofit organization but I'm considering my Training department for capacity building. My department recently introduced HR-Training wing and we are still figuring out our vision and values. Right now we are conducting the very basic things of as a training team. That is why I believe we are in the Initiate phase.

• My name is RB. I am the President of an NGO that assists disadvantaged students to gain access to fully funded educational opportunities. The organization is governed by an Executive Council that is led by myself as the President and comprises a Vice President, a Secretary, a Treasurer, and a Public Relations Officer. Currently, our organization has no formal strategy in place. This often makes articulating our mission to stakeholders a challenge. It is, for this reason, I place our organization at the Initiate Growth Stage.

• Sharing is caring.

• I do believe that funding, consultation, teamwork and horizontal as well as diagonal communication are the best factors attribute to capacity development.

• Course Facilitator

My name is Ishaku Abdulmumini i work with an organization that's at its stability stage

• My name is Favour N Eloagu and I work at a nonprofit that trains young adults to start and build their own businesses.
    My organization is a year plus, though the COVID 19 interupted our plans, we can still say that we have passed the initiate phase and have entered the stabilized phase. We have passed the hurdles of trying to craft our vision, mission and values and still running a spcific program to running different programs that are within our organization mission. Though fund most times poises a challenge, we raise funds among ourselves and individual donors.

• My name is Teboho Polanka and I work at a nonprofit that equips adolescents and youth with knowledge on their rights and responsibilities so that they can act as informed democratic citizens as well as training them in entrepreneurship. My organization just got started twelve months ago and we are still figuring out our vision, mission and values. All of our effort goes into running our one program which raises awareness on the constitutional provisions and citizens' responsibilities to call for accountability from service providers- government. We’re still working on perfecting our concept, which falls within the initiate phase.

• My name is Leonancy Francis and I work at a nonprofit that trains low income earners to start their own businesses. My organization just got started 9 months ago and we are still figuring out our vision and values. All of our effort goes into running our one program which teaches people how to run a business. We’re not sure how we’re going to be financially stable. That is why I believe we are in the Initiate phase.”

• My name is Margaret, I work in a nonprofit organization whereby we help local farmers into adapting to modern farming. The organization started four months ago and we are still in process of getting farmers to try and get out of their comfort ways. It's a bit slow considering all the challenges involved but we are taken one step at a time and dealing with one client at a time. And I believe we are still in initiate phase.

• My name is Blessed Chidhoni and l work for a non profit Research organization that collects data and publish articles monthly on a variety of political issues in Zimbabwe focusing on Democracy. This organization has been operational for 13 years yet it’s research and employment talent base has not expanded due to limited resources. This pandemic has meant that our outreach initiatives remain locked due to restrictions imposed by the government concerning the spread of the Corona virus. That’s why l believe we are initiate stage.

• My name is Emilia Lebedeva and I started my own blog of styling and image making. I started just about 8 months ago and just a couple months ago I started to offer my services to customers. I feel that I need to have a team with me to get more vision and how to grow in business. I feel that I am in Initiate phase.

• My name is C. Larry Boimah Jr., I'm in a nonprofit organization called Youth Positive Transformation Initiative (YOPTI), that aim to positively transform the minds of young people through training programs and community services thereby making them be the positive change they want to see in their communities.

We are focus on our program in reaching out vision. At the same time, we are focus on reaching more people while seeking grants from donors to expand our programs. With all these, I believe we are in the growth stage.

• I am Potiphar Damiano and am working with Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF). My organization is mainly focusing on having greater impact as it operate in about 17 countries. To date, we have supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counseling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. EGPAF is helping to build capacity of other NGOs as currently has a number of NGOs sub-contracted to it. This is why I suggest that my NGO is in the AMPLIFY Stage.

• I am Potiphar Damiano and am working with Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF). My organization is mainly focusing on having greater impact as it operate in about 17 countries. To date, we have supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counseling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. EGPAF is helping to build capacity of other NGOs as currently has a number of NGOs sub-contracted to it. This is why I suggest that my NGO is in the AMPLIFY Stage.

• My name is Nwakerendu Ike, I own a Non Profit Organization, Youngsters Mentors Foundation, in Lagos Nigeria. The organization focuses on Advocacy, Training and Mentoring of young people, preferably teenagers. We are just starting out by creating awareness on the social media. Our first move is to visit secondary schools and train their senior secondary students on career choices. We are not yet certain about sources and strategies for fund raising. Therefore, I consider us to be in the Initiate phase.

• My Name is Delene Mark. I work in a non profit that started out in one community in South Africa and has reached out to 6 Countries in Southern Africa. Our programme range from Health Care to education, helping people in impoverished communities. We have been operational for 23 years now and thats why I believe that we are in the amplify stage.

• This is a helpful module and will help our organisation create a strategy.

• My name is Richard Sughnen and I work with public school where we train children on basic education year in year after do I believe we are in second phase

• My name is Marc Savary and I run an org that provides scholarship to filipinos students whose families can't afford studies. the org started more than 20 years ago, we have one program with currently 32 scholars. We're financially stable since we have long term partners. The number of scholars decreased from previous years when it reached 50 or 60. We've only one staff permanently working, she's here almost from the beginning, THat's one of the concern, for the future and sustainablility.

• Take a moment to reflect on your own organization. In the discussion below, introduce what your organization does and the growth phase you believe best describes your organization. Include evidence to support your reasoning.

For example: “My name is Ali Karim and I work at a nonprofit that trains low-income adults to start their own businesses. My organization just got started six months ago and we are still figuring out our vision and values. All of our effort goes into running our one program which teaches adults how to run a business. We’re not sure how we’re going to be financially stable. That is why I believe we are in the Initiate phase.”

• My organization is interested in rendering awareness on mental health and wellness, we have a comfortable number of staff and have reached out Target audience; adolescents and youths, most especially young women. Funding has been a challenge and we hope to surmount and make greater impacts, we are at the initiate level set for the stabilize. Thanks.

• my name is mercy igado i work with child and youth protection foundation we advocate for child friendly policies
    we also take up cases of child abuse and doeestic violence. our organisation is 5years old we are in the growth stage

• Growth stage of my organization
    I think I am definitely in the initiate stage as I am yet to start officially. For now I am still planning and strategizing. One thing I am clear about though is the mission and values of the organization. I do not even have a name yet!

• Growth stage of my organization
    I think I am definitely in the initiate stage as I am yet to start officially. For now I am still planning and strategizing. One thing I am clear about though is the mission and values of the organization. I do not even have a name yet!

• I am Charlie Uldahl, founder of the NGO Walking for Water whom raises funds to establish boreholes in developing communities in Africa. We've been operational for 6 years, successfully establishing 21 boresholes of various type and size. Until recently I've been managing most key areas myself but for the last year more volunteers have gotten involved and the various responsibility areas have been defined and divided.
    I believe we are still in the Stabalize phase, as all key areas aren't yet occupied and the organisational structure isn't clear.

• My name is Adamu Mohammed and I work at a nonprofit that trains low-income adults to start their own businesses. My organization just got started 8 years ago. All of our effort goes into running our one program which teaches adults how to run a business. We’re sure how we’re going to be financially stable. That is why I believe we are in the stablise phase.”

• My name is Adamu Mohammed and I work at a nonprofit that trains low-income adults to start their own businesses. My organization just got started 8 years ago. All of our effort goes into running our one program which teaches adults how to run a business. We’re sure how we’re going to be financially stable. That is why I believe we are in the stablise phase.”

• in growing state we hiring more people and expanding our reach,so that more community can be benefited

• “My name is Arkan mumin and I work at a non-profit that trains women to start their own businesses. My organization just got started four months ago and we are still figuring out our vision and values. All of our effort goes into running our one program which trains women how to run a business. We’re not sure how we’re going to be financially stable. That is why I believe we are in the Initiate phase.”

• My name is Sakshi Shrivastava and I work at a nonprofit that gives long term, multi year grants to grassroots organizations led by women, girls, and trans people. My organization just launched a new strategic model and we are still in the process of making small tweaks into our very ambitious plan. All our effort goes into this program, and we have successfully completed two rounds of the entire process. That's why I believe we are in the stabilize phase.

• My name is Rory, and I work with a church & their separate nonprofit to provide various poverty services in a rural area. These two organizations are in different stages, I believe; the church has been providing many of their programs, like a food pantry and afterschool childcare, for many years and is adding more programs like adult ed classes. I believe the church is in the grow phase, as it is working to expand the number of people each program is serving and is turning to grants to fund them. The small nonprofit, however, is a bit newer, its 3 years old and has mainly focused on providing free meals to the homeless and a support group for people in recovery from addiction. They don't have many personnel and no long-term financial goals in place, and they're trying to start a new housing program in the next year. I think they are somewhere between stabilize and grow, because they still have a lot of work to do to become stable enough to grow more, but they are trying to add more programs on top of the ones they've maintained the past 3 years.

• My name is Diana and I work at a philanthropic Educacional Instituition that runs a program for the past 17 years that seeks to estimulate the volunteer work . This year, we are launching a program to help nonprofit organizations building capacities to increase their social impact. Despite of all the knowloge we had gatthered toghether all of these years in this area, it is a challenge to creat an easy and methodology to share with them all. So, we are definitevely in the initiate phase.

• my organisation has been operating with only a few health staff and have been overwhelmed with the number of clients who came to seek health care. Managed to employ more nurses but were newly trained. The organisation is looking forward to employ skilled staff in different areas of training. I feel this organisation is still in the Growth Phase.

• My name is Bronscar Masani, I work with a Community Based Organization, the organization offers a free basic computer course to youths, reading and writing club to orphans and vulnerable children and pay school fees. These programs have been running for more than five years so I believe we are at the stabilize phase.

• At this stage, you've to get everything right since this is the first phase in the long process of capacity building.

• My name is Amaka Nwaokolo. I work in a 21 year old non-profit that is focused on providing enterprise knowledge and support to enable Nigerian businesses start, grow and scale sustainably. I believe we are in the amplify phase as a key focus area for us is generating greater impact in terms of increased number of businesses and jobs and contribution to Nigeria's GDP. We are big on research and policy advocacy and our goal is to influence policy design, review and/or implementation.

• Hello, I am Ope Oguntoye, cofounder of an NGO that helps underprivileged members of the community gain access to resources that give them a better life.

We recently started out four months ago and have conducted a needs assessment in our community of interest for the year. We are now at the phase of trying to develop programs and project best suited to provide solutions to their problems we have gathered.

As a result, it is safe to say that we are in the Initiate stage.

• My name is Talemwa innocent Benjamin and I work in a non profit organisations that trains the youth hand crafts in order to enable them start up there own businesses. This organisation has just started about 4 months ago and we are still fingering out our proper vision and core values. All our efforts are now first on running the one program of training these youths . Were are not also so sure about our sources of funding . Hence believing that the organisation is in the Initiate stage.

• In this stage you must work hard in oder to move in to the next one that you will see the impact of your project

• I work in a government agency that focuses on helping and generating impact for entrepreneurs and startups in the ecosystem. I believe we are in the Amplify stage since the activities that we are doing are geared more towards developing the "sector" or the startup ecosystem that we are in.

• I work in a government agency that focuses on helping and generating impact for entrepreneurs and startups in the ecosystem. I believe we are in the Amplify stage since the activities that we are doing are geared more towards developing the "sector" or the startup ecosystem that we are in.

• My name is Nneolu, I work for an agribusiness which is a business/private sector processor in a grant funded agriculture based project. Our organization is an off-shoot of an existing business however, it is only a year old and structures are still being put in place to enable it run more efficiently. I believe we are still in the Initiate phase and will need to embark on a few capacity building activity in the seven pillars of capacity to reach the stabilize phase.

• My name is Cyntia and I work at a goverment link company that helps build the entrepreneurship ecosystem. My organization have been running for 7 years and have been focusing to create a bigger impact. We are constantly expanding and reaching new heights. That is why I believe we are in the Amplify phase.

• My name is Mariam Adeoti and I work in a nonprofit that seeks to help entrepreneurs to either start, grow or scale their businesses in Nigeria. My organization is currently exploring how data can help to increase our impact. Our focus is to create processes that will analyze and clean our large pool of existing data. That's why I believe we're in the Initiate Phase.

• Hello, my name is Erick, currently working in a NGO with multiple programs on increasing awareness on health promotion. Currently operating for 6 years and over the course of 6 years we have added 4 new programs which have diversify to different regions with large target groups.
    I believe we are currently in a "growth stage"

• Hello, my name is Erick, currently working in a NGO with multiple programs on increasing awareness on health promotion. Currently operating for 6 years and over the course of 6 years we have added 4 new programs which have diversify to different regions with large target groups.

• My name is Joshua David, I work at a nonprofit that identity sexual and gender base violence,report to the appropriate authorities then refer the survival for council. we started about a year ago and we are still figuring out our mission and how to go about our objective. All our program is focused on identification of sexual and gender base violence, still struggling about finance to move about the communities that is why I believe we are still in the initiate phase

• Getting to know the key seven areas of capacity building is a key starting point as it clearly identifies the focus of all relevant areas. Identifying the growth stages of an organization's development clearly spells out where to start.

• In module 1, it is clear that we have to assess all the seven areas to find in which of these areas to build capacity by identifying the growth stage of each area and then prioritize based on which is really wanting.

• My name is Kato Molosi and I work at a nonprofit that empowers adolescent girls and young women to realize their dreams and have brighter futures by being bold and strong. My organization has been operating for more than five years and already has an increasing number of clients it serves as the years goes by. Most of its efforts now go to increasing reach of clients and creating more impact in already existing clients. I believe we are now in the amplify stage.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.