Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• the ethical dilemma that this organization is facing dishonesty. I will support their decision when we consider that, revealing the source will exacerbate existing inequities, which might cause harm to the funder, organization and their entire staffs. But when it comes to honesty, I will not support them. it could be better to show the farmers the benefit of the program and reveal the true source of found.

H
    1 Reply
  • In this situation, I will take a look at what bad or good will happen if the donors are mentioned. I will support this decision if that is the only way the project will succeed. But honestly, in my opinion I will not support this decision because the donors are not directly implementing the project but we are, so that has to be clearly mentioned

• Honesty is not for everyone but must be a principle we are all willing to uphold in our personal and career lives

• This is well presented. However, some person's idea of honesty might differ from the overall understanding that most people have. It is definitely important to run through this careful with your team so that everyone is on the same page.

B
    J
    2 Replies
  • The lack of honesty on the one hand can be involuntary, as in the example given about how girls are advised. The problem is created by the generalization of the impact. The impact was on a school, what should happen is based on the experience of proposing the program for other areas of the country.

• Honesty wil help the M&E experts in my organization to give accurate data

B
    M
    2 Replies
  • In this situation, I will take a look at what bad or good will happen if the donors are mentioned. I will support this decision if that is the only way the project will succeed. But honestly, in my opinion I will not support this decision because the donors are not directly implementing the project but we are, so that has to be clearly mentioned

• Very interesting

• M & E professionals need to ensure at all times that they conduct their work honestly so that the results of their work is respected and also accepted by the stakeholders. This means that the data is collected, managed and presented in an honest and transparent way. In order to do this, the following need to be in constant check during the data processes. The data should be accurate and there should be evidence that it is accurate. Secondly , the strategy of data collection should be disclosed. This includes the methods used, the times or seasons when the data was collected including the sample. There should not be any room to doubt or discredit the data. Thirdly there should be disclosure of conflict of interest if there is any glimpse of that . For example how the results you are presenting with benefit or discredit your Organization. In conclusion honest in M & E should be a serious consideration all the time. Honest should be applied from data collection, analysis, interpretation to data use. Data accuracy, strategies used to collected the data and organizational or personal interest should made made transparent.

O
    1 Reply
  • Does that mean data from a supposed drug be withheld and not published for ever because the organization has a donor which has a connection with such drugs?

• Honesty is one of the ethical issues in data collection.
    During your data collection, you have to be honest enough with all range of stakeholders.

S
    1 Reply
  • The need to measure up to ethical principles and standards means that organisations working in development M&E will have to keep putting strong ethics at the heart of every project.
    In our day-to-day M&E practice we will face the need for honesty. It is about telling the truth to someone who has the right to know the truth. We are under obligation to tell the truth even when it might not be what we were expecting we would have to say. The concept of honesty urges an M&E professional not to lie, thereby ensuring the honesty and integrity of the entire evaluation process.
    Some ways M&E teams abide by the honesty principle are:
    Ensuring that the data they present is accurate,
    Ensuring that findings from their M&E are accurately represented,
    Sharing the limitations of their M&E strategies,
    Sharing any areas where they might have a personal or professional interest in a certain outcome.

B
    1 Reply
  • It is really interesting.

• Honesty is a key virtue in carrying out projects as it allows a clean and perfect picture of the subject under study to be presented. It keeps lies telling a way and gives room for truth to be unveiled and presented to the funders

• I think Stephy that honesty has only one definition and its all about painting a true picture of a situation. It can not be considered as a contextual word and it has been established from the explanation above that this virtue is key in project implementation and as project workers, we must uphold this virtue

F
    1 Reply
  • Honesty would prevent us from faking or "cooking" data as such painting the right picture from results gathered in project implementation

J
    1 Reply
  • Very succinct Mes-Diyan. Just to add that honesty breeds trust on the part of the funders and assures them that the results gathered and reported to them are true and not manufactured to lure them into pumping more money into a particular project

• Honesty is the first element in everywhere so being honest can reach you success.
    In M&E there are a few ways to ensure that your team is honest.
    a- Accuracy of data presentation.
    b- Sharing the limitation of your M&E strategies.
    An so on.

J
    1 Reply
  • At my current position, I often have to review data submitted to me which I have to check for accuracy to the best of my ability. This data includes information on missed services for clients. Given my position, it is my job to ensure that missed services are accurately reported, and, the more missed services exist, the worse my agency looks. However, it is necessary for me to work to the best of my ability to ensure that this data is accurate and honest, while actively acknowledging my bias.

• Honest can couse more things also promote transparency

• It is important to share information where there is conflict of interest, so as to authenticate an accurate data. Wow....

• Ths saying "honesty is the best policy!" is also strongly applies for the presentation of collected and processed data. For any Project Manager and team to sucessfully acheive the overall objective of the project the people involved in the process need to collect, use and present the required data accurately. The expected behivour to be honest has to start even from the begining of the interevention not only at the end of the Project activites or midway. The expectaion to be honest need to cover be clear about how the M&E processes work and about any limitations to the project work during implementation process.

• Honesty is fundamental to the success of any activity aimed at bringing about change. It goes without saying that his absence compromises things.

• being honest with data is a clear indication of good and quality practice in M&E.
    the teams should always uphold honesty and drop any conflicting interests with their presentation in order to achieve maximum impact

• Data collection is done by human and there are human natural tendency to make mistakes and limitation in our work. Still then it is very important that we should prevent any human bias in our data collection and the data so collected should be accurate. Any limitation from the the data collection and analyzing should be bring to notice of all the stakeholder. The collected data should be verified by the M&E if time permits so that the data is accurate and findings are true. Transparency in our data collection and information sharing is very important components of any honest data.

• After reading about the honesty principle, I have realized how difficult it is for organizations and individuals, particularly professionals to live by the principle. This is because it is always tempting to cut corners and do the easy thing. Moreover, the fact that M&E professionals are required to uphold higher levels of honesty than other people demonstrates how critical the exercise is in a project life cycle. I feel positively challenged to live by this principle in the discharge of my professional duties. It was a good idea for me to sign up to this course.

• This project topic has helped me to know that for a successful project, the team has to be honest

J
    1 Reply
  • Honesty is very important for developing a good rapur and relationships with people who in turn may be of help to us in gathering and collecting data and information.. ...

• Honesty
    An M&E experts must be clear about how his M&E process work and be honest about any limitations to his work. In doing this he must present his data accurately. To ensure this is done he;

1. Ensures the data presented is accurate. Therefore there would be a need to constantly check the accuracy of his data.

2.) He must ensure findings from his M&E are accurately represented

3.) He must share his limitations to donors and whoever is interested in his work so people do not build unrealistic expectations.

4.) He must share conflict of interest.

• honesty is the greatest entity to a positive progress, and it helps to determine the productivity of the survey , this is because it doe not exert pressure to the officers to find a way to lie to the people, hence the flow turn to be positive

• Honesty, in the context of M&E is very important. It yeilds data very close to the pure truth.

• Honesty, in the context of M&E is very important. It yeilds data very close to the pure truth.

• It is important that data must be collected accurately for use and presentation. We must understand the M&E process and be honest with the limitations to the work.

• Honesty is second to none in all ramifications of life. In the context of M&E, it ensures the accuracy of the project data, since data from M & E are expected to be close as possible to the pure truth. Honesty is to be applied through out the period of project monitoring and evaluation, collecting data, managing it, analysing, use and presentation.

• Honesty should be encouraged a the data is being corrected to ensure it is objective and thus be substantiated.

J
    1 Reply
  • Honesty play a huge role in data collection, for me it is the foundation of M&E. Going through this model I realise honesty can not be 100% because they are unforeseen factors that can limit it.

• I understand transparency but the honesty part to some extent clash with the anonymous data collection aspect. How would you prefer a solution that is not bais to both situation?

J
    1 Reply
  • Honesty toward beneficiaries and project staff and stakeholders in delivering right information is key for building a strong and powerful M&E System. Also when Weakness are shared with the team, solutions are developed.

• this is a good point to notice and also on of the biggest problems to avoid

• The credibility of the data is indicated by the degree of honesty on display. Data would not yield required result in the presence of dishonesty

• How do we balance the place of concluding to the observed need of a community though the community might not see that as their urgent need, is that dishonesty?

• Honesty is just a needed ethic to follow due to the fact that it gives a true picture to guide and produce realistic outcomes.

• Agree, data should Always be true and honest

• Les enquêtes non exhaustive sont elles honnête ?

• the data you collect must reflect the truth, the reality. Thanks

• Honesty is a the 2nd ethical principle.The researcher while in monitoring and evaluation process should gather data using accuracy which means should minimise the errors .Also from that the M&E should represented accurately in using a sample size which is standard.The conflict of interest should be listed promoting to the research participants rights.

• les biais dans la collecte des données sont t'elles aussi liées à l'honnête?

• well! they are some professional in ME whose taken thier work seriously

• Honesty play important as a team that presented important data.

• Ensure your data are accurate and always share your limitations

• Honesty is the most important virtual in data collection and M&E in general. This helps build the confidence of the community and they will be able to trust you and give you the information you will need

• INTERM OF ETHICS PRINCIPLES

1. DO NOT HARM
    2. HONESTY
      3)COMPETENCE
      I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT MOSTTLY BRINGS NICE AND PRESENTABLE DATA OBTAINED FROM THE FIELD
  • Most of the time the conflict of interest part is never shared, this causes serious challenges with our M & E data.

• Honesty is the most important virtual in data collection and M&E in general. This helps build the confidence of the community and they will be able to trust you and give you the information you will need.

Integrity is also very important in data collection because it helps in building confidence of your participants.

• Honesty is the most important virtual in data collection and M&E in general. This helps build the confidence of the community and they will be able to trust you and give you the information you will need.

Integrity is also very important in data collection because it helps in building confidence of your participants.

• This is a very cardinal principle if goals of an organization, especially those of achieving a reduction in some effect, prevalence of disease, teenage pregnancies among others, or attaining an increase in an area of productivity. I wish this could be a daily lesson to bring to the attention of all M&E professionals.
    This quality also requires that an M&E professional have a heart to the attianment of the objectives otherwise selfish ambitions may clog program attainment.

F
    1 Reply
  • Honesty is trying to collect use data and present that data accurately without any limitation to his or her work. At this stage you are not suppose to have conflict of interest.

• Honesty
    As a principle in data collection and reporting , honesty presents a true view of the information collected. A number of steps can be considered in ensuring this happens;
    -ensuring accuracy of data presented

• Ensuring the correct representation of the information collected
      -sharing the limitations of M&E strategies
      Honesty plays a crucial role as it forms the basis of integrity of the data collected
  • For me, I have find that conducting DDM or PDM internally also show bias as the employee themselves are how implement and monitor

• Honesty is a thing we all need to show at all time

• I agreed with you

• Honesty is a virtue and one of the qualifications for Monitoring and Evaluation. Hon datandata collections ensures that the data you present is accurate, ensures that your findings are accurately represented, ensures that your limitations are considered and ensures that your conflict of interest is included if present.

• one of the thing that I knew before reading this part is honest the fact being mostly practice to our beloved ones but the interesting part now honest is even in M&E when collecting and follow all the process you must be honest with your data during the presentation or representation to avoid uncertain or bias to the people that will read the information

F
    1 Reply
  • Honesty means collect and present accurate data. Data should be accuratecollected and presented. In addition, this principle tells us to share limitations and conflict of interest.

• I concure with you. Honesty principle obidience is crucial for M&E profesionals

• Yes. It is true.

• Yes it is true.

• M&E must collect, use and present data accurately. They must be clear about how their M&E processes work and be honest about any limitations to their work.

• In Cambodia, EMIS data rescores are from two ministries; such: ministry of planning and ministry of education, youth and sport so how about other country? Moreover, in Cambodia there is providing skilled professional services, too; that's why should have a vast array of M&E tools available for data collection, management and analysis. The most special, collecting data team and M&E team should ensure that you have the cultural and technical skills to carry out M&E processes so need to know about mapping stakeholder needs, storing data securely and designing surveys because culture skill allow us to work safely. Lastly, should decline to run M&E processes that you are not equipped to do well and still continually improve your skills.

• How can we solve if there is problem with data quality and this is rush time to prepare the Education congress?

• How can we motivate people to love working on data collection? Especially; lady

• Honesty is are essential values ​​to ensure the success of a business

• Honesty is a way of life, which should be seen and practiced not just personally but professionally.

• Great examples in the course content, I suggest everyone to read them carefully.

• Honesty is a way of life, which should be seen and practiced not just personally but professionally.

Fo perform excellently well in M&E, continuous improvement in oneself and in team, by investing in learning, can't be overemphasized.

• I LEARN MORE ABOUT ETHICS,An example of an ethical issue, CAN YOU GIVE ME MORE LIGHT PLEASE

• Hi Everyone,
    Is honesty not counter productive when using control groups in an experiment to test the effectiveness of a system. E.g. If Aisha and her team in the assignment for module 1 have to tell the students which group they belong too, would the results not be biased? I need clarity on this please.

• Honesty is one of the bases of the M&E Ethics basically Collect, use and present your data accurately. Be clear about how your M&E processes work and be honest about any limitations to your work.

• Honesty is about truth and reality on M&E results. It includes:-
    Expressing limitations of your M&E or any thing which can interfere or which is believed or will be perceived to interfere the outcome.

Presenting the real data which was collected.

• Beside the draw backs of digital data collection tools, i still find it helpful to shift to digital data collection methods

• Sharing the limitations of my M&E strategies and sharing possible areas of conflict of interest are the areas that caught my attention. This means that during the M& E design, one should think deep of all the limitations and possible conflict of interest. This may even affect the rigor with with data is collected knowing well that one does not want to bring one's bias into the system.

• Honesty in Data collection plays an important role as it involves truthfulness or trustworthiness. It is important to ensure that the collected data is truthful and no additions are added to it. o e to ensure that the values or figure indicated, standards used or Measurement scare or tool are accurate,

• to ensure that conflicts of interest arise, some organizations can decide to doctor the data...

• once data is doctored, it becomes possible to maintain a certain status quo...

• objectivity is very essential in m&e...

• very true. some retraining or refresher courses may be very helpful here...

• this make it difficult to have a fair evaluation of a project...

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.