Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• A major risk that took my team members and I by surprise was the time when we were preparing to have a consultative meeting in one of the provinces in my country. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic all the plans we made for the project was canceled indefinitely because our country was under lock down. This experience taught me to always take note of negative assumptions/ risks that can occur before or during project implementation. Because of this experience, I take take this time as an opportunity to share to my fellow leaners that they have to take note of risks during preparation of an M & E Plan that can occur not just during project implementation but also before project implementation. This can help deal with the risk without stressing.

W
    A
    J
    4 Replies
  • I think this is a very important part of the project circle, this module has help me to eliminate any form of biasness and checking for every possible risk and avoid assumptions which may come up
    as a result of planning the project.

E
    1 Reply
  • As you plan to monitor the progress of a project and evaluate the final outcome, it is imperative to outline the possible factors that can distort your plan. These factors are known as risk. Risk usually contradict the assumptions and identifying them and preparing for them is significant

• Risks and assumptions are important to build a complete log frame.

Risks are elements which you have no control over and assumptions are your beliefs for which there is no evidence.

Formative research is helpful in identifying risks and assumptions.

1 Reply
  • I think this is a very important part of the project circle, this module has help me to eliminate any form of biasness and checking for every possible risk and avoid assumptions which may come up
    as a result of planning the project.

• Unrealistic target Target are those that do not really represent what's on the ground. In sense that it might be set too high or too low and one might end up making decisions that won't help at the end of the day
    Or if we use our assumptions/feeling when setting targets

• It has been great so far as I'm learning how to make an effective log frame, risk and assumption.

• Risks and assumptions is a very important part of design stage. you miss identifying all the risks and the project is bound to fail at some point.

• Hello, is the risk categorical?
    Is it possible we can group the risk that might result from each specific level?
    Is there a certain point at which we can withdraw the project due to risk forces?

• Hello, is the risk categorical?
    Is it possible we can group the risk that might result from each specific level?
    Is there a certain point at which we can withdraw the project due to risk forces?

• This is something to learn from🤔

• Some research suggest that mostly, every risk can be avoided bu diversification. This may apply as other alternative means and approches can substitute the risky one.

• From what I have learnt from this module, it is very important to identify the risks and assumptions that may affect the project because this is one of the factors that will guide in making informed decisions that will ensure proper progress of the project.

• From what I have learnt from this module, it is very important to identify the risks and assumptions that may affect the project because this is one of the factors that will guide in making informed decisions that will ensure proper progress of the project.

• this risk and assumptions are the one that are there to show as if the project fails what is the outcomes of that failure , so it gives as the results of what will happen list item if the project fails

• This will also help as to find possible solutions of the risks that can occur during the project

• Risk and Assumption factor should be consider carefully for the initial project designing and successful implementation of the project. Some time due to uncertain risk like the Covid-19 pandemic will causes lots of distraction to your project. So if we can anticipated the risk and assumption well from the beginning then we can able to mitigate the risk with various solutions and means.

• The main difference between an assumption and a risk is that when we make an assumption, we expect that assumption will happen. If the assumption doesn’t happen then the project is negatively affected. With a risk we anticipate that the risk might happen and thus negatively impact our project. If the risk doesn’t materialize then the project will benefit. So in affect we can think of assumptions as almost being the opposite of risks (assumption happens = project ok versus risk happens = project not ok)

• Risk and assumptions should be highlighted at the project design level.
    This is because it will provide a wider view of the project implementation.
    Risk and assumptions should not only come from implementors but also beneficiaries and other like minded stakeholders .

• Covid-19 pandemic is one of the risk that took place and the guidlines exposed the assumptions we never took into consideration.
    My team is implementing a project to reduce HIV infections among Adolescents Girls and Young women and because of the guidelines we cannot continue with the normal outreached but we are forced to conduct virtual outreach.

• In this module I have learnt to be including space for Biological hazards in my future project risks& assumptions ,the Covid-19 guidlines has made us to shifts our outreaches to virtual space and if all beneficiaries can access a stable internet is another challenge and yes we had to request for an addendum to cater for the new budget.I hope to hear and learn from my dear colleagues.

• Risks and assumptions are something which is uncontrolled by you. And some scholars define assumption as a bias because of it's all about your beliefs without no more evidence and can either be right or wrong.
    Risks can prevent you to reach your goals about that project or making you delay. That can decrease your reputation.

By the way both of Risks and Assumptions are part of logical Frame and they are written last column from left to right, to give more details about the barriers of that project to eliminate or make other plan which can be wall it from you.

• Actually that is true and all of us we have take care. By the way the entire world is a project and the barriers on it like being sick, poor an an uneducated parson are risks.

• It's all about as you said, and further information is it's the fist essential part of your logFrame. Before starting your project's LogFrame you have to make problem tree to know your risks.

• It’s important to note that moving from one growth stage to another does not happen easily, so do not be alarmed if you do not see results immediately.

• They say,' Assumption is not the best experiment''.... Again, '' Being successful needs you to take risks''

• Some risks my not be known to you at the beginning of the project, Is it possible to add more risk and assumptions during the project implementaion?

• some of the risks and assumptions could be out of our league like we know what the risks and assumptions are in quite well and still we can't find the ways how to solve them in the proper ways. what should we do if we were in that situation, calling the experts for the problems that we facing or just pass them out.

• Risks are elements or factors that can negatively affect our project. They can affect inputs, outputs, results as well as impacts. That is why it is important to make your identification and pre-analyze.
    We put our beliefs and / or expectations into analysis.
    At what point in the M&A plan are strategies designed to respond to risks and assumptions?
    Because if the risks are identified it is important to show the donor and other stakeholders about how the project plans to circumvent or resolve them.

• Risks and assumptions are the things that hinder the success of a project. They need to be seriously taken into consideration as they can potentially disrupt the project flow. Risks may be within or beyond the control of the project implementor. There's is no evidence on assumptions that one can make. Risks and assumptions should be looked into during the project monitoring phase as well as at the evaluation phase

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.