Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Staff

Module 5: Next Steps

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 5

Now that you've finished this course, what will you do differently? How will you continue to develop your human capital strategy for your organization? What steps will you take next?

Share your reflections below.

B
    C
    K
    F
    5 Replies
  • 62 Replies
  • @Course_Operations said in Module 5: Next Steps:

Now that you've finished this course, what will you do differently? How will you continue to develop your human capital strategy for your organization? What steps will you take next?

*Talent
    *skills
    *incentive
    *staff taraining
    *seeks help from developed NGO

1 Reply

after this course I see my self differently coz I got more knowledge and experience

• Human capital Strategy is indeed well explained. I have gained useful skills, talent and insight. Much more to explore on creating a "Summary Deck"

• Course Facilitator

By planning with experts in the organization using the concept of workshop.

• its my pleasure that i have completed this course, the thing i will do different is to make the values and culture of the organization known to every one in the organization by putting them in the organizational board, in continuing to develop the human capital strategy i as manager will make sure that i motivate my employees at time the do well for the organization for the purpose of increasing the efficiency of the organization, the next step i will take is to make good working environments for the employees including giving them better salaries and if possible better living condition.

• Course Facilitator

EVERYTHING!! Our complete approach needs to change. We need to find the perfect person for the task at hand, not just the job that needs to be done. Also I think it has reinforced our belief that we have to take care of our staff as much as we would our own family. They are vital to the existence of our organisation!!!

• Course Facilitator

Hello @abidemianimashaun91 @bgt4luv @CindyKoen @Cyanrose @FrankGunda @mkongwa, thanks for sharing what you will do differently now that you’ve completed the course.

Meanwhile, which part of the process you shared do you think is most important? Please share as we want to learn from your person.

Thank you and happy learning to you all.

C
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@pauldanson said in Module 5: Next Steps:

Hello @abidemianimashaun91 @bgt4luv @CindyKoen @Cyanrose @FrankGunda @mkongwa, thanks for sharing what you will do differently now that you’ve completed the course.

Meanwhile, which part of the process you shared do you think is most important? Please share as we want to learn from your person.

I think the most important part of your Human Capital Strategy is the values as that is the core of your strategy. If you do not have your values you do not have the substance, yes you can change it over time and adapt but you need the framework. It would be like eating a peanut butter sandwich without the peanut butter...

P
    K
    2 Replies
  • Course Facilitator

@CindyKoen said in Module 5: Next Steps:

I think the most important part of your Human Capital Strategy is the values as that is the core of your strategy. If you do not have your values you do not have the substance, yes you can change it over time and adapt but you need the framework. It would be like eating a peanut butter sandwich without the peanut butter...

@CindyKoen, your view is precise and impacting indeed. Keep the good work going.

Thank you for sharing

• All the content viewed in this course has been essencial and very nice to learn. Every topic is very useful and necessary for todays globalization and organizations.

P
    1 Reply

What an experience!!! The journey has come to an end, i have truly learnt a lot. I am a volcano of knowledge waiting to erupt and will surely erupt abundance to my organisation. Starting with the mission to values up to personal and professional development.

My colleagues will benefit from my wealth of knowledge so much so that my head has joined and wants to partake in this training.

Thank you Philanthropy for this great opportunity.

P
    1 Reply
  • @CindyKoen said in Module 5: Next Steps:

I so love the illustration... Values is what an organization needs to build a good foundation.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Treating people like humans with dignity and not as tools to fulfil ones dream is what I will obviously do differently now.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Gospringlink said in Module 5: Next Steps:

Treating people like humans with dignity and not as tools to fulfil ones dream is what I will obviously do differently now.

Good one @Gospringlink! Bravo!!!

• Course Facilitator

@Alesamra said in Module 5: Next Steps:

All the content viewed in this course has been essencial and very nice to learn. Every topic is very useful and necessary for todays globalization and organizations.

@Alesamra, thanks for sharing what you will do differently now that you’ve completed the course. Which part of the process you shared do you think is most important?

• Course Facilitator

@Kenroy said in Module 5: Next Steps:

@Course_Operations said in Module 5: Next Steps:

What an experience!!! The journey has come to an end, i have truly learnt a lot. I am a volcano of knowledge waiting to erupt and will surely erupt abundance to my organisation. Starting with the mission to values up to personal and professional development.

My colleagues will benefit from my wealth of knowledge so much so that my head has joined and wants to partake in this training.

Thank you Philanthropy for this great opportunity.

@Kenroy, thanks for sharing what you will do differently now that you’ve completed the course.

Indeed the sky is your beginning not your ending. We are @PhilanthropyUniversity are proud of you!!

• Course Facilitator

@Kenroy said in Module 5: Next Steps:

@CindyKoen said in Module 5: Next Steps:

I so love the illustration... Values is what an organization needs to build a good foundation.

@Kenroy, you have really hit one of the key focal point which we found before now as an indispensable strategic key to Human Capital essence.

Congratulations in advance!!

• Human Capital strategy is well explained and detailed.
    I will use my skills to identify the training needs of my employees, offer them both monetary and non monetary incentives.
    I also create a robust value system in the organization.
    I will also create a culture of great performance.
    Finally, I will develop a people development management plan.

I consider changing the recruitment process, I will use score cards, I will promote use of SBI in our coaching. I am going to reshape the strategy of our Talent development by considering 70-2010. I also learnt good tricks.

• Course Facilitator

@LawrenceKariuki @ferozarian99, impressive resolutions!

Thanks for sharing what you will do differently now that you’ve completed the course. Kindly tell us which part of the processes you shared with us do you think is most important considering your priority?

• Course Facilitator

Hi learners,

Welcome to the 5th week of our course learning so far! Be reminder that we are in "Module 5: Next Steps".
    Thus, kindly studies and exhaust all the assignments, peer assessments and discussions so far contained therein.

Wishing us a happy learning session with us!!!

• Course Facilitator

Thanks for sharing @bgt4luv . Which part of the process you shared do you think is most important?and how will you do it?

• 9dcb8de4-0a68-40a6-8900-cb8d2f1d055b-image.png With my team work, we are going to follow the models that this course offered me since we are disoriented in a fixed point. One of the lessons that impressed me the most was the 70-20-10 since developing the skills of each collaborator is vital for personal growth as a professional.

• Hello,
    i am Bushra Rana from Pakistan. its my pleasure that i have completed this course, the thing i will do different is to make the values and culture of the organization known to every one in the organization by putting them in the organizational board, in continuing to develop the human capital strategy i as manager will make sure that i motivate my employees at time the do well for the organization for the purpose of increasing the efficiency of the organization, the next step i will take is to make good working environments for the employees including giving them better salaries and if possible better living condition.

• Course Facilitator

Hello @ErikaGad @bushrarana777, thanks for sharing what you will do differently now that you’ve completed the course.

Meanwhile, which part of the process you shared do you think is most important and why? Please share as we want to learn from your person further.

Thanks and congratulations in advance!!

• Course Facilitator

I now understand the importance of group work which brings out different discussions and ideas. I did not have the resources to do majority of the assignments and workshop with a group thus it took me a longer time to complete. Going forward in other courses I will definitely put in the effort to form a group or be apart of a group.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@ayannagenas said in Module 5: Next Steps:

I now understand the importance of group work which brings out different discussions and ideas. I did not have the resources to do majority of the assignments and workshop with a group thus it took me a longer time to complete. Going forward in other courses I will definitely put in the effort to form a group or be apart of a group.

@ayannagenas, thanks for your openness and I share in your plight too. Against all challenges you keep to learning.
    I appreciate your resolution to "what next".

Congratulations in advance!!!

• Human Capital Management

This is a course that has increased by knowledge on how to manage the most difficult and important resources in an organization which is "HUMAN RESOURCES" the content viewed in this course has being a critical point to expose one to global management and very nice to understand.

1 Reply
  • After the concluded course, my plan of action is to engage into NGO with my team with all the stated and summary of our work plan at elementary level as regards "Garment Making".

1 Reply
  • The Human Capital Strategy course is an eye opener to me, I learnt how effective recruitment can be done which include the scorecard. I also learn more about performance management and talent management. The most interesting part I enjoyed is the core values, before now I didn't understand the concept of organizational core values but now it clear to me and i understand the importance of it.

1 Reply
  • After the concluded course, my plan of action is to engage into NGO with my team with all the stated and summary of our work plan at elementary level as regards "Abraham Dauwa".

1 Reply
  • Culture and Values’ which are the foundation of every organization’s human capital strategies are clearly understood and I can convincingly define my organizational values and translate them to organization culture. All lessons learnt will be replicated within my team going forward. Many thanks to Philanthropy University for this opportunity.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Thanks for sharing what you will do differently @Solaitan , now that you’ve completed the course. Which part of the process you shared do you think is most important?

• Course Facilitator

Thanks for sharing what you will do differently @Dauwaabraham1 , now that you’ve completed the course. Which part of the process you shared do you think is most important?

• Course Facilitator

Thanks for sharing what you will do differently @FatimaNasiru , now that you’ve completed the course. Which part of the process you shared do you think is most important?

• Course Facilitator

Thanks for sharing what you will do differently @HEYBEE04 now that you’ve completed the course. Which part of the process you shared do you think is most important?

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Thanks for sharing what you will do differently @hajee , now that you’ve completed the course. Which part of the process you shared do you think is most important?

• Human capacity strategy is a very practical and high level training which I really enjoyed participating in. The cases are so convenient that I saw myself in these entyreprises. Congratulations to the designers.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Hello Learner,

As we enter the last week on this course, I want you to:
    **** note that this week is the last week of the course for learners to submit final ORA peer assessments they did not complete, answer any remaining questions on the discussion board and fill your Feeback Survey via https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:Acumen+HumanCapital_101+7_1.22_20190520_20190630/courseware/357b5fe8b50b45ffb62c2a45a9d7e4cd/1889ff7f0e6f44e69385360b7df02a11/?active_tab=Conclusion-Feedback Survey.

**** secondly, learners are notified that we have additional resources that you might find useful as you further your experience and skills in this area via https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:Acumen+HumanCapital_101+7_1.22_20190520_20190630/courseware/357b5fe8b50b45ffb62c2a45a9d7e4cd/cc1a30f554374821a78fbc24e1816a8c/?active_tab=Conclusion-You're Done! What's Next?

**** thirdly, like to appreciate you for:

• choosing to learn under us @philanthropyUniversity and to know we have other tailored courses for your needs. Thus, take advantage as you continue to learn.

• creating time amidst your tight schedules and involving data resources to the success of you concluding this course.

• for comporting and coordinating yourself in a well organised manner and for harmoniously working with other colleagues on the course without hitch.
      Lastly, i say a big CONGRATULATIONS !!!! for successfully completing this learning.

Thank you....

• Course Facilitator

@Kfkouame said in Module 5: Next Steps:

Human capacity strategy is a very practical and high level training which I really enjoyed participating in. The cases are so convenient that I saw myself in these entyreprises. Congratulations to the designers.

Hello @Kfkouame thanks for sharing what you will do differently now that you’ve completed the course.

Meanwhile, which part of the process you shared do you think is most important and why? Please share as we want to learn from your person further.

• The understanding of the role and importance of human capital had changed throughout the course in that I had realize that one had to know the Mission and the Values of the organization and identify with them. One is saying this because, in one case, I had been hired to do a certain job funding the organization almost running for years and I had never participated in the strategic planning of the Ministry. This had to the situation whereby I concentrate on the job description given to me. I had never bored to know the mission on the Organization.
    I had also realized that all the work of the organization stems from the Mission. Again, one should be considerate with the succession plan, to know where the organization is today, where it would be in one and in the following years. Further, the activities should be broken into smaller parts in order so that they could be achievable. Staff should also be motivated because it will be easy to review their performance. Talent of the employees should also be developed.
    I will carry the lesson in my current work, by translating the knowledge from this course by holding workshops with my colleagues so that we have the common ground. Mostly, I will set the goals and review performance of my subordinates because I was doing it only when they were due for confirmation of promotions.
    What surprised me in these course were:
    • Four Organizational structures.
    • Business Model Canvas with talent needs
    • Unconscious Biases
    • Delivering Feedback using the SBI Method
    • Job description Score Card
    • 70-20-10 framework

P
    1 Reply

I would do so many things differently, for a second I thought I had it all figured out but I was wrong. I would start by reflecting our organization's mission and vision with our daily activities; I would do a better job at planning and implementing personal development trainings, I would sit down and talk to my subordinates to agree on certain things. I'll have a totally different approach to how I manage my organization's human capital. Thabk you so much for opening my eyes.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

I am quite satisfied to have finally concluded on this Course.
    What I would do differently is propose a total restrengthening of each stage of our Human Capital System, while concentrating more on Employee Motivation and Talent Development.

• @Cmnyarangi said in Module 5: Next Steps:

Thanks for sharing what you will do differently @HEYBEE04 now that you’ve completed the course. Which part of the process you shared do you think is most important?

The most important as regards my aspect is the managing effectively and efficiently the Human Capital. Because they are the life wire of my initiative.

P
    1 Reply
  • I thank you for giving me the opportunity to study
    But can u give me the opportunity to submit my last assignment. I am done with it. Please

• Crowdfunding is the most effective way to raise awareness for small funding from a wider community of donors (greater audience)

ontinue to develop your human capital strategy

I will continue to develop your human capital strategy because no business should be dependent on the efforts of one person, even if that person is a key staff member or manager. Life is unpredictable, and there’s no knowing what tomorrow will bring. That’s why succession planning also forms an important part of your human capital strategy. If your business is likely to be crippled by the loss or absence of certain key staff, your human capital strategy needs urgent attention.
    If you have a new business, you are in an unmatched position to determine your human capital strategy. You should complete this process before you hire a single staff member. And once you have assembled a group of people who have what it takes, your next question is how to keep them working for your organization.
    What I would do differently in my organization is to by conducting regular surveys of the employees to determine employee satisfaction can give important insights managers on what needs to be done in the future to contribute to a happier workplace.

• May i please be given the opportunity to submit my last assignment.

P
    1 Reply
  • Human Capital Strategy helps in integrating organizational needs at all levels. It grooms for team learning and understanding and also for holistic growth

• Please i am done with Assignment 5.1 and 5.2 but was unable to upload it. For like 3days now 'upload box' disappeared, as a result of it i cannot be able to upload my assignment.
    I have complained of it 2days ago.
    Please i need u assistance.
    God bless you!

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@LOMBE said in Module 5: Next Steps:

May i please be given the opportunity to submit my last assignment.

@LOMBE, yes you have the opportunity to do so okay! Kindly go ahead where necessary and be conscious that you have now to 30th June to do so. Remember that after 30th June, you won't be able to do that.

All the best in that!!!

• Course Facilitator

@MaletsikaHaneseMotsokotsi said in Module 5: Next Steps:

The understanding of the role and importance of human capital had changed throughout the course in that I had realize that one had to know the Mission and the Values of the organization and identify with them. One is saying this because, in one case, I had been hired to do a certain job funding the organization almost running for years and I had never participated in the strategic planning of the Ministry. This had to the situation whereby I concentrate on the job description given to me. I had never bored to know the mission on the Organization.
    I had also realized that all the work of the organization stems from the Mission. Again, one should be considerate with the succession plan, to know where the organization is today, where it would be in one and in the following years. Further, the activities should be broken into smaller parts in order so that they could be achievable. Staff should also be motivated because it will be easy to review their performance. Talent of the employees should also be developed.
    I will carry the lesson in my current work, by translating the knowledge from this course by holding workshops with my colleagues so that we have the common ground. Mostly, I will set the goals and review performance of my subordinates because I was doing it only when they were due for confirmation of promotions.
    What surprised me in these course were:
    • Four Organizational structures.
    • Business Model Canvas with talent needs
    • Unconscious Biases
    • Delivering Feedback using the SBI Method
    • Job description Score Card
    • 70-20-10 framework

Hello @MaletsikaHaneseMotsokotsi, thanks for sharing what you will do differently now that you’ve completed the course. Can see to have numerous of that.

Your swift response is highly appreciated.

• Course Facilitator

@Lissy said in Module 5: Next Steps:

I would do so many things differently, for a second I thought I had it all figured out but I was wrong. I would start by reflecting our organization's mission and vision with our daily activities; I would do a better job at planning and implementing personal development trainings, I would sit down and talk to my subordinates to agree on certain things. I'll have a totally different approach to how I manage my organization's human capital. Thabk you so much for opening my eyes.

Hello @lissy, thanks for sharing what you will do differently now that you’ve completed the course. Can see you have numerous of that.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@adenflossy @lombe @kavita, thanks for sharing what you will do differently now that you’ve completed the course. Can see to you have a lot thoughts on this.

• Course Facilitator

@HEYBEE04 said in Module 5: Next Steps:

@Cmnyarangi said in Module 5: Next Steps:

The most important as regards my aspect is the managing effectively and efficiently the Human Capital. Because they are the life wire of my initiative.

Thanks for stressing your ideal process. Though, "Remember to be that change maker in that aspect and to the entire organization".

Congratulations in advance!!!

• Course Facilitator

@emekapaul said in Module 5: Next Steps:

Please i am done with Assignment 5.1 and 5.2 but was unable to upload it. For like 3days now 'upload box' disappeared, as a result of it i cannot be able to upload my assignment.
    I have complained of it 2days ago.
    Please i need u assistance.
    God bless you!

@emekapaul, I am so sorry as you were not able to submit and can't do that now, because the time frame to do that elapsed on the 23rd of June.
    Kindly recall that, all modules are within a planned time durations/deadlines.

I am so sorry for that okay.
    Can enrol on the course again when it starts if not passed.

Thank you for your patience and the understanding.

• Course Facilitator

Hello learners,

As the course draws to an end come 30th June, remember to response to all outstanding peer assessments as it determines your grade too.

Lastly, don't hesitate to answer or comment on each module discussion board as appropriated.

Is wholesome having you on this course and learning with us @PhilanthropyUniversity.
    Continue to soar high and be the world change makers ambassadors of our university.

Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS IN ADVANCE!!!

• @pauldanson said in Module 5: Next Steps:

Hello @lissy, thanks for sharing what you will do differently now that you’ve completed the course. Can see you have numerous of that.

I think the most important process for me would be planning and implementing personal development, because the challenges it presents will also teach me the right approaches to deal with each employee's personality; moreover, implementing is where I will get to assess myself as a manager.

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

I think the most important process for me would be planning and implementing personal development, because the challenges it presents will also teach me the right approaches to deal with each employee's personality; moreover, implementing is where I will get to assess myself as a manager.

Hmm @Lissy, what a stewardship leadership inspiration technique. Change starts with you/us before impressing on others. Thanks for that soften reminder!!!
    Keep soaring high in you career. See you at the top most heights....!👍👍

1 Reply
  • @pauldanson said in Module 5: Next Steps:

Hmm @Lissy, what a stewardship leadership inspiration technique. Change starts with you/us before impressing on others. Thanks for that soften reminder!!!

Thank you very much! The encouragement means a lot!

P
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Thank you very much! The encouragement means a lot!

@Lissy, you are always welcomed !!!

• I have learnt a lot from this course. It gives me insights of skills set for the growth of organisation.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.