Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• I think you should create an M&E plan because having it will lead to a successful implementation of the project. A monitoring plan will help to collect daily information related to the project so as to see the progress made and if there is a problem to mitigate on time. As far as evaluation plan is concerned it will help to measure if the project goals are achieved this for final evaluation or if the goals are on good track this for mid term evaluation.

• It is true, having a project without having M&E is like starting a journey without knowing where you are heading to!

B
    1 Reply
  • M&E plan should be created as it ensures transparency with the donors by making it easier for them to trace the progress against each set target. This eventually builds there confidence in you and helps you build better relationship with the donors.

• Right!
    It will also promote easy, genuine and fast writing of reports

1 Reply
  • M $ E will help them measure the impact of their intervention, by providing the means of comparison between what was existing before the intervention and after the intervention

R
    2 Replies
  • @darcygray said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is debating.

• @RaphLungu said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@darcygray said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is debating.

I think it's important to create M&E plan because it will help you to manage the project well because the plan will set the perimeters of what ought to be done and not to be done, it will help you focus on specific issues related to your project, it will help you avoid, haphazard way of doing things, it's helps with effective way of communicating and assessing. By having a plan you maintain consistency in the management of the project and measure of performance

• @Invictus said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M $ E will help them measure the impact of their intervention, by providing the means of comparison between what was existing before the intervention and after the intervention

I think by creating M&E plan its true it will help you what ought to measure against in the course of the project.

• The MEH manager shall need the M$E plan to;
    To understand the project achievements so that the project may not end up failing.
    To measure if the money its being borrowed by the rightful beneficiaries
    to measure if the money its being put into good use e.g. opening the business
    To measure if the lively hoods of the primary beneficiaries has changed

• The Manager needs the M$E plan to measure the progress of the project implementation so that it does not end up failing
    Also she needs the plan to know if the target beneficiaries benefit from the loan.
    To find out if the borrowed money its made into good use that is economic empowering
    Also to measure the girls lively hood if it has changed

• Course Facilitator

@ACW said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it makes easier to make a project plan and monitor how it's going also to measure project outcomes.

The M&E plan, is a step by step on how to collect information about a projects to measure the project's progress, and helps also to build accountability towards your stakeholders..

• Course Facilitator

@Invictus said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M $ E will help them measure the impact of their intervention, by providing the means of comparison between what was existing before the intervention and after the intervention

Yes, here you compare the project's activities to the project's objectives to determine the success.

• Course Facilitator

@Magazi said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Right!
    It will also promote easy, genuine and fast writing of reports

I agree with you @Magazi, these reports could articulating on achievement, next month priorities, and the support needed to achieve its intended results,...

• Its critical to have a plan as any project has to be measurable. As targets have to be graded using qualitative and/or qualitative means. I have already opened my horizon in my thinking too.
    Projects need justification at every stage that need to be documented

Very correct. This is my whole understanding of the importance of M&E

1 Reply
  • I think you should create an M&E plan because

• It will help your Team members know and understand precise goals of the project.
    • It is will allow you to systematically measure and assess project activities and results.
    • It will enable you check on the progress of implementation and outputs systematically.
    • It will help to determine when a project is going to plan and when changes may be needed.
    • It will help you form the basis for modification of interventions, and of assessing the quality of any activities that are being conducted.
    • It will provide you the necessary data to guide your planning, resource allocation, design and implement your project and, if necessary, to re-allocate your resources in better ways.
    • It will also your policy makers, donors, implementers etc. with the information and understanding they need to make informed decisions about the operation of their projects.
  • @Magazi said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

It is true, having a project without having M&E is like starting a journey without knowing where you are heading to!

I totally agree with you @Magazi, because without an M&E plan before a project start up, is just like embarking on a journey with knowing your destination. Fanstastic point.

• @Course_Operations said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:
    I think that you should create an M&E plan because it's important to know how the project is doing. The donors would want to know if their money is put into good use. It's also important to measure the progress of the project.

• @MarvyNne I agree with you that M&E plan gives insight on the progress and effectiveness of a project. This will give donors hope that their money is achieving its purpose.

• @myampidesire You are right. M&E plan will help in the success of the project. We will be able to tell whether the project is taking the right direction or not.

• MEH should have a M& E plan because it will help MEH to monitor the progress of the project against targeted indicators while identifying weaknesses in project implementation for immediate corrective measures and also, the M&E plan will enable MEH evaluate the projects success against specific outcomes over a certain period of time. This will allow MEH to know exactly how effective and efficient the project is in achieving its goals.

• I think you should create an M and E plan because it makes it easier for the project managers or implementer to measure/ track the progress and performance of your work. In a nutshell, it gives room for easier of the project.

M
    1 Reply
  • An M&E plan is important because it will guide the project manager and other team members to know where they are where they are headed to

• Also in line with this response, an M&E plan will help in giving a direction towards where the goal lies

• @Qomorudeen said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M and E plan because it makes it easier for the project managers or implementer to measure/ track the progress and performance of your work. In a nutshell, it gives room for easier of the project.

Very true, an M&E plan gives a major guide of the route to achieving the objectives

• @Kabird said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@wakhuta said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

It is good to come up with an M&E plan because it is the guide for the project. It will guide on how to carry out your project, know if you are in the right direction in achieving your objectives. It will help you in detecting challenges and come up with solutions to those challenges. It helps in monitoring the progress of the project i.e. knowing what is happening at a particular time and whether you are in the right direction or not.

I gree with your points.

Points very important

• Good day, I believe having an M&E plan is important strongly for credibility and accountability. It is the check and balance of every stakeholder of every project.

• I should advice the manager to create M&E Plan because

will help the organisation to know how far they are in accomplishment of their goals
    will help organisation to evaluate themselves
    will help in the indication of their success or failure
    will help organisation to communicates with the donor

O
    1 Reply
  • Hi!
    I am happy to have learnt about this M&E course, to me up on learning to the end of this course I expect to learn to acquire a basic knowledge on the way our organization can measure itself on where it was in terms of performance, where it is and where the organization expect to reach it's goals.

• With the help of doing an M&E plan, it will be easy to share detailed reports of all the clients that will be shared with other key stakeholders to the organizations. The reports will then be used to measure the success rate of the organization, where they need to improve and what they need to continue doing to ensure their success. The M&E will also assist in getting feedback from the clients as it involves data gathering and once it is collected it will be analyzed and interpreted and finally presented to give details of the reports.

O
    K
    2 Replies
  • @ADG said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

It is essential that a M&E framework should be conceptualised for every project that shall be undertaken. In the case of our MEH project, such as an framework can create survey tools for the demographic it is targeting, to find out whether the project plan is even implementable to the concerned group. Furthermore, data collection will give a better understanding of the cultural, geographic, and a socio-economic profile of our stakeholders. The team then can chalk out a proper plan to deal with the future obstacles they can face, and figure out a feasible action which will benefit the entire project. If the aforementioned steps are properly followed, it will be more pragmatic as well as convenient for the investors and even local authorities to get a feel of the level of effectiveness of the project, and thus can result in their increased interest and cooperation.

I agree with you on the point you raised on creation of survey tools and with M&E a project manager or leader can come up with such tools. The feedback from the survey tools will then be used to do the monitoring and evaluation with the use of data collection. Data collection which will help provide more on the information of the clients and the information will be used to measure the success rate of the project.

• The importance of monitoring and evaluation of the project concerning the MEF will be to create a data base or collection data which will give the project information or help the project come with the period when the activities will be implemented, targeted area will be defined and the number of the targeted beneficiaries will be planned.

This way it will be easy for the project to be monitored from the period planned and it will be evaluated based on the period, targeted area and measure of beneficiaries through impact made by the loans.

The outcome should show or measure the difference made after a given period.

T
    1 Reply
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because it would help you track your progress and successes. It would also ensure that you note down the areas that need adjustments through the statistics that you collect. Aside from that an M&E plan would attract continued funding because donors will be able to see your progress

• @ndayisengatheoneste79 I agree with your points and your perceptions on how the M&E plan would benefit the manager

• @GaongalelweKeorapetse Hello, i think you have pointed something important about the use of the M&E plan to obtain feedback from the clients through data collection. As M&E ensures that clients benefits from projects

• I think you should create M & E for MEH so that you measure, monitor the progress of the programme even find ways to improve the programme along the way. The M &E plan will give your project a clear objectives and goals you will surely know at rate are performing and what are the outcomes in relation to the measures & interventions you have instituted. Since you are able to track performance & measure the outcomes you will be able too to discover ways to improve MEH so that it becomes more effective and life changing for the girls you are intending & possibly even including other categories young men too.

K
    1 Reply
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because it will help Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH) to track the implementation and checks the outputs systematically,it also helps in the measurement of the effectiveness of the Microfinance for Expanding Horizons (MEH)

• @Duku77 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create M & E for MEH so that you measure, monitor the progress of the programme even find ways to improve the programme along the way. The M &E plan will give your project a clear objectives and goals you will surely know at rate are performing and what are the outcomes in relation to the measures & interventions you have instituted. Since you are able to track performance & measure the outcomes you will be able too to discover ways to improve MEH so that it becomes more effective and life changing for the girls you are intending & possibly even including other categories young men too.

I agree with your points raised because the M&E Plan is basically a tracker which will raise the red flag when the activities are off the plan

• @GaongalelweKeorapetse said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

With the help of doing an M&E plan, it will be easy to share detailed reports of all the clients that will be shared with other key stakeholders to the organizations. The reports will then be used to measure the success rate of the organization, where they need to improve and what they need to continue doing to ensure their success. The M&E will also assist in getting feedback from the clients as it involves data gathering and once it is collected it will be analyzed and interpreted and finally presented to give details of the reports.

I agree because the M&E Plan is a continuous collection of data and comparing it to the plan and taking timely interventions when deviations occur

• Hello! MEH's manager!
    After I known about your project. The one thing absolutely important part of the project is M&E plan, which you are need.
    First of all you need to know about your project goal which is the beginning step to design the plan and find out what data or process to supporting to reached the goal.

you also have to make a plan and the tools for data collection to measure the progress of the project and learning from what you will get and the feedback for your activities as the project as well.

I hope it is will useful for you to starting M&E plan.

P
    1 Reply

I think that you should create an M&E plan because I think it will help you in two major areas of

1. check how successful your project is going
    2. Report to Funders on how successful the project was

Whenever a project is being run, it comes with objectives and in this case it is to help girls get loans. You want to be able to track how critical success factors are being achieved. Collecting data on the trends towards achieving the objective will help you adjust when needed if the objective is not being met.
    On the second point, donors are pat of projects for a specific reason and the want to contribute to projects which achieve what they were intended for. Collecting data will help donors have an unbiased information on what was done with their funds and how much the intended objective was achieved.
    Collecting and evaluating data will also help you know areas you could have done better all through the project and will be part of lesson learned section of the project

• Good day.
    I totally agree with you. I think that having a proper M&E plan also gives an opportunity for corrective actions to be taken before the project comes to an end. It gives an opportunity to adjust actions based on factual data collected on the field.

• I like this.
    An M&E plan can also help to identify project goals and critical success factors. It can also be used as a risk assessment process for the MEC

• Hello.

I think this project will benefit greatly from an M&E plan, but it will be a great tool for any project

• I think you should create an M&E plan to be able to communicate with evidence about the results of what you have done with your project to your donors when they ask for the value of their money during the auditing process or performance review. Internally, with M&E plan, you will have a clear direction as to which results to prioritize to deliver, and in case of corrective steps in the middle of implementation, you can do so effectively to improve performance.

D
    1 Reply
  • M & E will help you know where you are going, how you are going and how will you reach where you are going.
    This simply means what objective an organization wants to achieve, How is the organization going to achieve its objective and how to measure if the organization achieved its objective.

• @Marjorie said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Course_Operations said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Imagine that you are GOOD’s project manager. You are trying to convince MEH’s project manager to create an M&E plan. In the discussion forum, explain what you would you say to MEH’s project manager.
    Sample Post: I think that you should create an M&E plan because __________ .

Imagine that you are GOOD’s project manager. You are trying to convince MEH’s project manager to create an M&E plan. In the discussion forum, explain what you would you say to MEH’s project manager.

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it is important for you to assess that your project is achieving all set targets. Moreover, by monitoring the development of your project, you will easily understand whether strategic changes need to be made and thus enable you to act accordingly.
    Also note that if you have received funds from donors, they will need to assess whether you are reliable as a partner. An M&E plan will confirm transparency and accountability of your NGO as the donors will be able to review and understand the various milestones and final outcomes of your projects.
    This plan will not only help the overall consistency of the project but it will also enable the donor to assess both partial and final results of the project and help you provide evidence on how the final output has been reached.
    Moreover, and M&E plan will serve the purpose of making what you do visible in the sense that it provides tools and instruments to communicate with your donor and the wider public throughout the implementation of the project. This will contribute to successful communication thus establishing further collaborations

I could not have said better.

• I also concur with information on module 1 about needs for M & E

• an M&E plan is necessary because there is already a goal,and there must be a plan on how to achieve the goal, creating short term objectives that will tend toward achieving the goal may be needed,these objectives will give ideas on the kind of activities that needs to be implemented,how such activities should be monitored,and probably adjustment that should be made to ensure that the outputs tends toward the objectives and goals. Hence we plan to succeed.

• @Pallabi_Seth said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@NJERI_KARIUKI said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

The MEH manager should prepare a M &E plan so as to be able to measure the progress of the project and be in a position to make informed decisions that are in line with the objectives and expected outcomes of the project

I totally agree with the point you have said. Moreover, I like to add that M&E data can help generating data for quality reporting and can provide insights for making necessary changes. Proper M&E plan also helps maintaining of accountability and transparency towards beneficiaries and donors.

That is correct

• I think you should develop an M&E plan because it will help the organization monitor progress against set target. It will help indicate if the project is still on course based on the milestones achieved. Where deviations from the agreed implementation plan occur immediate measures would be put in place to address such.

S
    1 Reply
  • @Clever said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

The importance of monitoring and evaluation of the project concerning the MEF will be to create a data base or collection data which will give the project information or help the project come with the period when the activities will be implemented, targeted area will be defined and the number of the targeted beneficiaries will be planned.

This way it will be easy for the project to be monitored from the period planned and it will be evaluated based on the period, targeted area and measure of beneficiaries through impact made by the loans.

The outcome should show or measure the difference made after a given period.

Sure very true. The importance of an M&E plan cannot be overemphasized. It is the navigational tool for an project and besides helping the organization to track performance, it provides the necessary data to assess if indeed the project met its agreed goal.

• 1)M and E plan will help you to track performance over time

1. M and E plan will help you to make efficient use of resources
    2. M and E plan will help you to make informed decision about the effectiveness of the project
      4)M and E plan will help you to measure how successful your project is
      5)M and E plan will help you to identify problem on time and solve it

The most convincing reason for M and E plan is that M and E plan will help you to track performance over time

• Course Facilitator

@chaels said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because of the following reasons;
    1.you will able to measure the progress of the project.

1. It will help you track the performance and make informed decisions about the effectiveness of the project and efficience use of resourses
      3you will be able to measure how well the project activities and how much changes in otcomes can be directly linked the to the projects interventions.

@chaels Nice one.
    M&E brings about growth in all sectors of activities such as effective management and an increase in professionalism.
    This is so because it monitors and evaluates, it helps to auto correct future mistakes and do more informed planning for future activities.
    Happy learning. Feel free to ask me questions anytime using @KOPJ

• Course Facilitator

@demflopa said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because :

• it will help you in detecting and addressing any problem that may arise during implementation

• you will be able to measure accurately the impact of the project.

• it will also assist you in the annual report writing.

@demflopa
    wow beautiful one
    Simple and straight forward keep it up. Feel free to ask us any question if you get stocked or need more clarification.
    We are here to share our humble contribution
    Happy learning

• Course Facilitator

@Sphephile said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

It is important to periodically assess and adapt your activities to ensure they are as effective as they can be the plan can help you identify areas for improvement and ultimately help you realize your goals more efficiently. Additionally, when you share your results about what was more and less effective, you help advance environmental education and also the plan enables you to demonstrate your program’s success or progress. The information you collect allows you to better communicate your program's impact to others, which is critical for public relations, staff morale, and attracting and retaining support from current and potential funders.

@Sphephile NIce one
    I particularly like this part #allows you to better communicate your program's impact on others
    The Min M$E stands for monitoring in other words keeping track of activities.
    So definitely if you keep good track of your project activities there is no way you can get stock when you want to evaluate or give a report.
    Happy learning please feel free to ask us any Question. We are here for you

• Course Facilitator

@andason16 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E Plan because it will help you design your implementation strategy for the collection, analysis and use of data needed for program / project management and it will enable you know what to be accountable to stakeholders.

@andason16 Nice one
    Is there any other thing you think M&E could play a key role???

• Course Facilitator

@martin76 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it will enable you assign tasks on systematic collection of data and analysis aimed at determining the extend to which the planned activities relate to the actual carried out activities as well as the extent to which carried out activities are contributing in meeting the project objectives.

NICE ONE
    @martin76 thats a good one any other thing you think M&E can help with, especially related to future works.
    Also, feel free to ask us any Question
    simply tag @KOPJ and i will respond as quick as possible

• The M&E is essentials because it serve as your compass, it allows you to know the direction of the program, where the problems of the program will is and/or will come from. M&E is the indicator, the tools and scorecard of the program.

P
    1 Reply
  • @MichaelTomoriBPharmMScMPH said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

i agree with Darcygray, in addition to what he posted that is apart from communicating the success of your project to donors, it is also a way of ensuring accountability to funders. it will also show case the collection, collation and reporting of program reports and how your program will ensure timeliness and completeness of report to the funders

Excellent

P
    1 Reply

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 1.

Respond to at least two of your peers’ messages. Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?

@Course_Operations think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, Furthermore, the construction of a MEL plan will help you to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the different indicators that your team is discussing.

• @Sir-auwal said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

The M&E is essentials because it serve as your compass, it allows you to know the direction of the program, where the problems of the program will is and/or will come from. M&E is the indicator, the tools and scorecard of the program.

@ndayisengatheoneste79 the construction of a MEL plan will help you to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the different indicators that your team is discussing.

• @Bimpy said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@MichaelTomoriBPharmMScMPH said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

i agree with Darcygray, in addition to what he posted that is apart from communicating the success of your project to donors, it is also a way of ensuring accountability to funders. it will also show case the collection, collation and reporting of program reports and how your program will ensure timeliness and completeness of report to the funders

Excellent

@miaatoui the construction of a MEL plan will help you to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the different indicators that your team is discussing.

• @Thip said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Hello! MEH's manager!
    After I known about your project. The one thing absolutely important part of the project is M&E plan, which you are need.
    First of all you need to know about your project goal which is the beginning step to design the plan and find out what data or process to supporting to reached the goal.

you also have to make a plan and the tools for data collection to measure the progress of the project and learning from what you will get and the feedback for your activities as the project as well.

I hope it is will useful for you to starting M&E plan.

@Thip i think that this project will benefit greatly from an M&E plan, but it will be a great tool for any project

I think that you should create an M&E plan because the credibility and objectivity of your report to the donors is not reliable if you don´t measure with real data, futhermore you´ll be able to know where to put your efforts, will give you the guidance on future intervention activities, to take better decisions and of course to avoid Bias in the Project.

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 1.

Respond to at least two of your peers’ messages. Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?

I should create M&E plan because I have to know what, how, when and why to measure. I should collect information that will enable me to aasees how the project change
    So that is why it is important to create M&E plan.

The reasons to develop M&E is to enable me to collect project data effectively and consistently

I think that you should create an M&E plan because

M&E helps to know the progress of the project,
    M&E help in making decision either to continue with project or to take another twist
    M&E helps for future project design by eliminating issues to be avoided,
    M&E data collected is referred to as base mark.
    Am there sure, you need to have the plan.

S
    1 Reply
  • @Terab said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should develop an M&E plan because it will help the organization monitor progress against set target. It will help indicate if the project is still on course based on the milestones achieved. Where deviations from the agreed implementation plan occur immediate measures would be put in place to address such.

These also depict the M&E I know, hope we add on more

O
    1 Reply
  • @GIDOI said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

In you MEH project the donors want to see some data as proves of the investment's efficiency. The M&E Plan will ensure that you regularly collect the ad hoc data that track your performance, permitting adjustments if need be. Moreover evaluation will allow you to support the merit of your program.

• @totofaustino23i said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

MEH Project Manager must create an M&E plan because it will help him to track all the information during the activities and the same would be used monitor and evaluate if the project is going well or no. if the project is going bad, he can use the same data to track the main problems e correct right away and if the project is going well, it will allow him to communicate the success of the project to donors, which allowing him to continue to get funded. So any additional or feather funding depends on the success of project, which its improvement can be achieved by implementing or applying a good M&E plan.

Yes ! Totally agree , not only for the use of the project, but also to guaranty the reliability of the future ones.

A
    1 Reply
  • @MTM4SUDAIS said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Creating M&E is highly important as it will give them foresight on the progress of their project. From the data collected and evaluated, they will see if they are progressing or failing in order to continue or take proper correction.

Totally , I would add that it will also guarantee that the results are related to the program's implementation. This could later support further project design.

• I think you should create an M&E plan because it will help stick to your goals, monitor your progress and know the impact and outcomes of your program.. You will know the cause of any problem or even for see its occurrence in order take preventive measures or to avoid future occurrence.. It will also give you and your sponsor the satisfaction of your mission being fulfilled.

Exactly... Thanks for your input

• @Gaelle said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@totofaustino23i said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

MEH Project Manager must create an M&E plan because it will help him to track all the information during the activities and the same would be used monitor and evaluate if the project is going well or no. if the project is going bad, he can use the same data to track the main problems e correct right away and if the project is going well, it will allow him to communicate the success of the project to donors, which allowing him to continue to get funded. So any additional or feather funding depends on the success of project, which its improvement can be achieved by implementing or applying a good M&E plan.
    totally agreed
    Yes ! Totally agree , not only for the use of the project, but also to guaranty the reliability of the future ones.

• It will help to showcase the progress of the project based on the data available
    It helps to generate information that will be used to write the final report of the project, this will help for accountability and lesson learned
    It will provide for basis for questioning and assumptions concerning the project
    It will help one to know when one is derailing from the objectives of the project

• M&E is invaluable in identifying the progress of the of the project and if indeed the organizations project's are being attained. Creating the M&E plan will also enable you to identify the challenges and possible solutions to achieving an the success of the indicator activities.

Y
    1 Reply
  • Monitoring and Evaluation is an invaluable tool in achieving the objectives of a project. It is imperative that you identify the goals of the project and ensure it is time bound while measuring the impact of the project. Through the project objectives you will identify indicators which will inform on the stages of the project cycle as well as challenges and resource use. A project will not achieve its objectives without an M&E plan.

• M&E plan is very vital in all projects. The M&E tool acts as a project road map. It allows you to know the progress of the project if you are on course with the set goals and objectives and achieving the desired results. Also it helps you identify the strengths and possibles challenges likely to be encountered when implementing your project.

S
    1 Reply
  • Hello team! I like your responses; they are quite informative.
    I think you should create an M&E plan because it guides the project implementation and management process. It is helps you to fully understand your project and the expectations. Further, it defines your indicators, helps in deciding ways of measuring the indicators, guides in creating data collection tools, defining roles and responsibilities and also deciding how project data will be collected, analysed, managed and used (what data is needed, who collects, analyzes and manages the data and how the process will be conducted). A properly set M&E plan leads to a less biased and well coordinated project management process, which I think promotes the achievement of the desired project outcomes.

Y
    1 Reply
  • M & E plan should be created because it will enable the organisation to understand the project better. In carrying out this plan, various methods will be devised to measure the achievements of the proposed project. Also the main aim of the project will be considered and the right measures needed to accomplish it will be put in place.

• @jackiemwinzi said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Hello team! I like your responses; they are quite informative.
    I think you should create an M&E plan because it guides the project implementation and management process. It is helps you to fully understand your project and the expectations. Further, it defines your indicators, helps in deciding ways of measuring the indicators, guides in creating data collection tools, defining roles and responsibilities and also deciding how project data will be collected, analysed, managed and used (what data is needed, who collects, analyzes and manages the data and how the process will be conducted). A properly set M&E plan leads to a less biased and well coordinated project management process, which I think promotes the achievement of the desired project outcomes.

Very well said

• @karanjeezy said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M&E is invaluable in identifying the progress of the of the project and if indeed the organizations project's are being attained. Creating the M&E plan will also enable you to identify the challenges and possible solutions to achieving an the success of the indicator activities.

M & E plan is like a guide

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because ultimately it will help you to know your goals, and also know how to measure, these goals, it will help to collect more information (data) and at the end it will make writing easy and also tackle any problem that could arise in the process.

• Dear MEH Project Manager,

I think you should need a proper M&E Plan because

• It will help you to understand your path of achieving the project goal.
    • Moreover, collection of data of the stakeholders, data related to the project activities and project objectives will assist you to assess your project correctly.
    • Monitoring & Evaluation data can help in proper decision making.
    • Through this M&E data accountability and transparency of your project can be maintain.
  • @everlynenyanchama said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M&E plan is very vital in all projects. The M&E tool acts as a project road map. It allows you to know the progress of the project if you are on course with the set goals and objectives and achieving the desired results. Also it helps you identify the strengths and possibles challenges likely to be encountered when implementing your project.

Dear Friend, I agree with your post and in addition M & E data can be used for keeping Transparency and Accountability towards project stakeholders

• @saidiheinze said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M&E help in making decision either to continue with project or to take another twist

Dear Friend, well said!!!! I would like to add M & E data can be used for keeping Transparency and Accountability towards project stakeholders

R
    2 Replies

That's right. . . An M&E will provide adequate and necessary statistics for future engagements too.

E
    R
    2 Replies
  • @somenath said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@saidiheinze said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Dear Friend, well said!!!! I would like to add M & E data can be used for keeping Transparency and Accountability towards project stakeholders

Very true... As accurate data from M&E will build and create a trust pattern between the organization and donors

• From my point of view you should create an M&E plan because it will help you measure the success of your project and help you communicate your report statistically to your donors/funders. Creating an M&E plan will help you identify certain key indicators towards achieving your objectives in the project.
    The M&E will tell the degree towards achieving your objectives through data collection and the use of key indicators.
    It also aid helps you build trust with your funders to ensure constant funding of your project.

• I agree with you measuring the success of your project will let funders have confidence in you and your project.

S
    1 Reply
  • @jba2019 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan to be able to communicate with evidence about the results of what you have done with your project to your donors when they ask for the value of their money during the auditing process or performance review. Internally, with M&E plan, you will have a clear direction as to which results to prioritize to deliver, and in case of corrective steps in the middle of implementation, you can do so effectively to improve performance.

Communicating reports is what will let funders have that trust and confidence in you and your project, so agree with that.

• @Kamoga said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@akon71 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Also, you can reshape your future program incorporating the most successful intervention and best practice that will allow you to get highest benefit from your next development initiatives.

Super true

I agree with you measuring the success of your project will let funders have confidence in you and your project.
    100% true

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is

I agree with you measuring the success of your project will let funders have confidence in you and your project. 100 percent true.

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it will help your organisation to track its success in implementing projects and thereby will enhance its credibility towards donors, partners, governments, and other players in the market. Without an M&E plan data will not be consistently gathered and it is difficult to justify whether the project is on track or not. With clearly defined, quantifiable aims every stakeholder is having the same understanding what project success means.

Agreed, but not only relevant for continued funding or reporting towards donors, but also internal reporting and towards other stakeholders in the industry.

• @Dewin said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan because it will help you know whether you are meeting the objections of the project and also it will help you know the impact of the project. M&E plan will also guide you so that you do not lose track of the objectives. During the life of the project some interventions may be needed and you can only know when to intervene if you have an M&E plan.

Agreed

• M&E is important because aware that the resources are scarce, there should be a system to ensure that the limited resources are utilized effectively and efficiently in a sustainable manner to crate impact of the project.

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because of the following reasons:

• It will enable you monitor progress of the project and identify problems in the course of implementation
    • I think incorporating M& E into your project will help you better communicate the progress and impact of your project on beneficiaries to your stakeholders or funder.
    • I also think that incorporating M&E into you project will ensure accountability in terms of meeting timelines, milestones and goals of the project.
      -Incorporating an M&E component into your project will allow room for improvement on program planning and Implementation
      -Lastly, I think incorporating M & E into your project will demonstrate the organizations accountability to the beneficiaries and the funders.
    S
    1 Reply
  • @Amana said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

That's right. . . An M&E will provide adequate and necessary statistics for future engagements too.

well said, I also think M &E is an excellent tool that can be used to demonstrate our accountability to our beneficiaries and to the organizations goals and objectives.

• i think the project manager for meh must consider monitoring and evaluating the loans they give out as well as the business to which these loans are going to be used for.this creates a broad circumspective measure for the project manager of meh

B
    1 Reply
Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.