Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Finding Target Donors

Hi guys my name is Carlvin Mensah,19 years old and I run a foundation which is geared towards reaching out,causing change and redefining the societal look in the lives of women and children.I enrolled for the course due in April and I figured there was a discussion so i just thought of passing by and sharing the little knoweledge i have with the class

B
    1 Reply
  • 11 Replies
  • Hi Carlvin. I am new to the course too. I run an NGO and consultancy company, in Kenya. Our main interest is to protect the environment and to help the vulnerable groups in the society. These are children, youths and women. I believe I am going to gain a lot from this course because I want to fudraise to get resources to achieve my goals.

• Hi Carlvin and Catherine, this is Caroline and I am new to this course too and I am from India so here I wanna make difference in ppl lives and am planning to work for women and girls who are victims of prostitution where they are asked to sell themselves to earn their livelihood and i want to get such girl out I have not yet started it but I am planning and working towards the same hope to learn and achieve my goals through these courses.

• Nice to meet you both Caroline and Catherine.It is a great honour I believe and a wide platform which is ready to open up to collaborations and more.Together we can make the globe a better place I believe

• @Cmensah said in Finding Target Donors:

Hi guys my name is Carlvin Mensah,19 years old and I run a foundation which is geared towards reaching out,causing change and redefining the societal look in the lives of women and children.I enrolled for the course due in April and I figured there was a discussion so i just thought of passing by and sharing the little knoweledge i have with the class

hello guys. iam boniface ngomwa iam from malawi . i run a social enterprise that aimes aterradicating unsanitable and unhygiene ways of waste diposal in our communites.

• Hi everyone I'm Ruth from Cameroon. Currently a Master's student in Humanitarian Actions after studies I intend to open and run my own foundation to alleviate poverty among the neediest regions in Cameroon and Africa at large by sustainbly enhancing their awareness and self protection against Sickle cell and other genetic disorders. UN sustainable development goals number 1 and 3.
    From this course is just enrolled I'm hoping to gain a new skills which will benefit both myself and the communities I will be serving in the near future. Thanks😊

T
    1 Reply
  • HI CMensah, i know of recent it has not been very easy, i too face the same challenge. however, when Tom wolf took us through the course of introduction to Fundraising you will realise there is a lot of other helpful areas we need to consider when looking for donors especially in both MODULES 1$2.
    PLEASE REFFER TO THE NOTES. and if possible enroll for that course,i personally found it very helpful indeed.
    i wish you all the best.
    i am actually looking forward for this part of connecting to Donor, with the skills and knowledge i acquired in the Introductory one, at the end we shall be real good.
    kudos to our mentor Tom.

• ooh Hi Catherine.great to know you are from Kenya..i too come from Kenya!
    we should liase and see how to partner.cheers

K
    1 Reply
  • @Ada_Lesale said in Finding Target Donors:

ooh Hi Catherine.great to know you are from Kenya..i too come from Kenya!

Hello Ada and Catherine, I am Kylie from Singapore. I have a friend from Kenya who is coming here in a week to fundraise for her social welfare organisation ManaSprings - www.manasprings.org. Carey Westwood and her co-founder Wanjiru Waithaka empower women in vulnerable communities to uphold its economic , healthcare and educational infrastructure by training them to lead. If a co-partnership with them can help your cause, you could approach them.
    Meanwhile, I'm learning fundraising basics so I can also help a friend in Thailand who is struggling to maintain her work with abandoned babies and children.

A
    1 Reply
  • @KylieChia said in Finding Target Donors:

@Ada_Lesale said in Finding Target Donors:

ooh Hi Catherine.great to know you are from Kenya..i too come from Kenya!

Hello Ada and Catherine, I am Kylie from Singapore. I have a friend from Kenya who is coming here in a week to fundraise for her social welfare organisation ManaSprings - www.manasprings.org. Carey Westwood and her co-founder Wanjiru Waithaka empower women in vulnerable communities to uphold its economic , healthcare and educational infrastructure by training them to lead. If a co-partnership with them can help your cause, you could approach them.
    Meanwhile, I'm learning fundraising basics so I can also help a friend in Thailand who is struggling to maintain her work with abandoned babies and children.

dear Kylie!
    that is very fantastic News.yes to link up and co-partner with the 2 ladies, would be great.
    kindly let me know how i can get in contact with them
    thank you and cheers.

• @Mbijigks said in Finding Target Donors:

Hi everyone I'm Ruth from Cameroon. Currently a Master's student in Humanitarian Actions after studies I intend to open and run my own foundation to alleviate poverty among the neediest regions in Cameroon and Africa at large by sustainbly enhancing their awareness and self protection against Sickle cell and other genetic disorders. UN sustainable development goals number 1 and 3.
    From this course is just enrolled I'm hoping to gain a new skills which will benefit both myself and the communities I will be serving in the near future. Thanks😊

Hi Ruth,
    Iam glad to know you're from Cameroon.I thank you for your great future project which addresses a serious humanitarian concern many face in our Country Cameroon. May God bless your Endeavors.
    Emmanuel

M
    1 Reply
  • @Tabbisson said in Finding Target Donors:

@Mbijigks said in Finding Target Donors:

Hi everyone I'm Ruth from Cameroon. Currently a Master's student in Humanitarian Actions after studies I intend to open and run my own foundation to alleviate poverty among the neediest regions in Cameroon and Africa at large by sustainbly enhancing their awareness and self protection against Sickle cell and other genetic disorders. UN sustainable development goals number 1 and 3.

Hi Ruth,
    Iam glad to know you're from Cameroon.I thank you for your great future project which addresses a serious humanitarian concern many face in our Country Cameroon. May God bless your Endeavors.
    Emmanuel

😊😊😊

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.