Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce Yourself in Storytelling for Impact (September 2023)

Hi everyone,

My name is Valerie. I’m an undergrad at the University of Pittsburgh double majoring in Linguistics and Anthropology, with a minor in French. I’m in my senior year, and I have recently returned from a study abroad in France. I’m a non-traditional student, which for me means that I returned to university after several years in the workforce. The biggest motivator for me to go back to school was that I felt that no matter how hard I worked, I wasn’t appreciated. I couldn’t seem to move forward in my career, yet I wasn’t in a position to use my skills as a bargaining point for promotions or raises. Currently, completing my degree has been the most fulfilling undertaking I’ve ever attempted. I am in this course because I am a student worker at my university, with a position geared to help me get experience and training in management consulting, the field I intend to pursue after graduation.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.