Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• What is the difference between MEAL, MEL, and M&E

I'm quite new in this space and I've realized that some people refer to this profession as M&E, some others as MEAL and others MEL. Its been confusing. Some people even call it Measuring instead of Monitoring. I'll appreciate if someone could shed light on this. Thank you.

• 2 Replies
  • Hi Damibakss, These are just titles that different institutions use. So the key thing is monitoring and evaluation but aspects of learning is now added in as well i.e. MEL. As you do your monitoring and evaluation of your projects, what are the learnings that are coming out. What lessons are you generating to share with stakeholders, donors that can improve your implementation or project but can also inform future project development.
    So in general I think its the learning from doing M&E. I hope I have tried to answer.
    Thanks

• Hello. I think that all those concepts mean the same. There are some organisations which use even PMEL to mean Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning. All mean the same though their can be differences in the focus point.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.