Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Is it possible to meet a suitable procurement partner? the other person's reaction.
    Research the details of the partner organization's activities before making inquiries.

• The fact is that when finding new donors, rejections are common. I empathize with the importance of understanding this, researching the other person in advance, and taking measures to ensure a smooth conversation when you meet.

M
    1 Reply
  • 1: What to you is the most anxious or challenging aspect of fundraising, and why?

The most challenging aspect of fundraising for me is the uncertainty around best etiquette for interacting with donors, and making asks.

2: What is one way you have made or plan to make this aspect of fundraising easier in your work?
    This course! And others. I intend to spend significant time in 2024 training and skill building in this area, in order to gain confidence in my interactions.

• My challenging part is standing in mist of people during fund raising to ask for funds

• the most difficult part or anxious part is going to be the moment of the request for support due to a rejection fear. But it most be done so I just go for it. And Statistics work for me, that way I know that some people ( a lot) is going to say no but always striving for the yes

• The most challenging aspect of my fundraising is when the fear of rejection kicks in, while on this journey I have learnt to shift my mindset by understanding that rejection is a natural part of the fundraising process and not every request will be met with a positive response, which is still okay. I also try to view rejection as an opportunity to learn and improve as each rejection can provide valuable insights into what might not be aligning with the donor's priorities or expectations.

• I do agree with you. and also exploring multiple fundraising avenues is important because relying on a single source for funding can increase the fear of rejection. Therefore, it is safer to diversify one's strategy to include individual donors, grants, events, and partnerships.

1. I think being able to bounce back after a negative response is one of the most difficult things, too many no's might affect motivation. 2) Keep believing that our mission is important, keep looking for potential strategic fits and revising constantly our communication and listening skills are in the right place, transmitting our requests effectively and kindly.
    M
    1 Reply
  • What is challenging is to know exactly
    the time that will fit the donor.
    I have to first the freetime of the donors before finishing the date of the meeting.

M
    1 Reply
  • 1: What to you is the most anxious or challenging aspect of fundraising, and why?
    Asking for the money. Transitioning into an ask in an organic way seems awkward and uncomfortable.
    2: What is one way you have made or plan to make this aspect of fundraising easier in your work?
    Work on building genuine relationships with potential donors. Focus heavily on pre reading or research so that I can have informed conversations and build a strong relationship prior to an ask.

• Great note on matching organizations! That is a great goal

• One thing is sure, and I believe it's the best solution to all that came up along the process.
    BUILD A RELATIONSHIP

just ensure that there you kickoff with building a relationship before making the asking move.

• On a normal, I would suggest you find your own free time and present to the donor. If theirs wasn't within the time frame of yours, thus it's their responsibility to respond to you with their own time schedule.

• Awesome 👍

That's the power of feedbacks and follow up.

Whatever the response may be, let there be an atom of feedback or follow up incorporated

• Most of the donors I intend or plan reaching out to are not social media servay and getting to know more about them becomes difficult without having a discussion with them.

• Most of the donors I intend or plan reaching out to are not social media servay and getting to know more about them becomes difficult without having a discussion with them.

1. The most challenging aspect of fundraising for me is the ask. During giving season, I feel like my organization asks for money several times from November-February so it often feels awkward for me to ask again in March-October.
    2. I plan to make this aspect of fundraising easier in my work by listening closer to the donors interest in hopes of establishing a better relationship with them. This way, the ask may be less awkward.
    W
    2 Replies
  • For me, the most stressful part is making sure that I talk about money in a tactful way.

I plan to remedy this situation by reviewing the advice given in this course about how to smooth over the awkward parts of asking for money.

• I can definitely understand how it could feel awkward to ask for money so frequently. But I think you're right to just focus on making things about the donor and what they're interested in!

• I struggle with actually asking for the money.

I intend to work within a team, that way not everything just rests on my soldiers. Hopefuly that will reduce my anxiety about asking for money.

• I find the ask to be the most challenging part of connecting with donors

• To me, the hardest part of meeting donors is asking for where to meet and time to meet them, discussing my organization and transitioning into an ask.

• the most challenging aspect of fundraising, is asking for money. Main reason, because many organization asking day by day for money, then the fundraising scenario is about competition. The anxiety is the major problem because beyond the competition, you have to make the fundraising personal, in order to get the support

1. For me, the most anxious aspect of fundraising is the fear of rejection. It can be daunting to put yourself out there, present your cause or organization, and ask for financial support, especially knowing that not everyone will say yes. The fear of hearing "no" or facing objections can make the fundraising process feel intimidating and challenging.

2. One way I have made this aspect of fundraising easier in my work is by focusing on building genuine relationships with potential donors. By approaching fundraising as an opportunity to connect with individuals who share our organization's values and goals, rather than just asking for money, I find it easier to navigate conversations and handle potential rejection. Building rapport and trust over time can make the fundraising process feel more natural and less daunting. Additionally, having a clear understanding of our organization's mission and impact helps me convey our story with confidence and authenticity, which can resonate more strongly with potential donors.

J
    1 Reply
  • One of the most anxious and challenging aspects of fundraising is the uncertainty surrounding the outcome. Fundraising often involves reaching out to potential donors or supporters with the hope of securing financial contributions or partnerships for projects or initiatives. However, there is no guarantee that these efforts will be successful.

This uncertainty can lead to anxiety for fundraisers as they navigate conversations with potential donors, make funding requests, and await responses. Additionally, fundraisers may feel pressure to meet fundraising targets or fulfill financial obligations within specific timeframes, adding to the stress of the process.

The way to deal with this for me, personally and to make it easier, was something my dad said that resonates with me till this day. Focus on what you can control and not what you can't control.

• That is indeed something I think everyone struggles with. However, focus on what you can control and not what you can't control. The worst people can say is no. Then move on an learn from it.

• Some of the most anxious or challenging aspect of fundraising,A reduction in individual donations, Reliance & Dependence on only Donations , Donor disconnection. This is because a reduction in individual donations means Laying off of some staff dependence on only donation put organization in anxious moments of uncertainty especially when there is Donor laxity and reduction of donation
    2: some of the ways i plan to make this aspect of fundraising easier are identify my ideal Market target specifically focus on your organization Niche , Try as much as possible to maintain the current donors, Establishing and Maintaining Durable trust with current donors, But Very important is effectively communicate your story , Reengage previous donors

• Most Challenging Aspect is Meeting & Engaging New Donors (anxiety about approaching new people & effectively communicating my cause)
    Easing the Challenge by Planning & Prospect Research (prepare talking points and identify potential donor interests)

• A.
    The most anxious or challenging aspect of fundraising, in my opinion, is the fear of rejection or failure. It can be daunting to put yourself out there, make the ask, and risk hearing a "no" from potential donors. This fear may stem from concerns about whether our cause is compelling enough, whether we're effectively conveying our message, or whether we're asking for too much or too little. Additionally, there's often pressure to meet fundraising goals, which can add to the anxiety.

B.
    One way I have made or plan to make this aspect of fundraising easier in my work is by focusing on building genuine relationships with donors. Instead of approaching fundraising as a transactional exchange solely aimed at securing donations, I aim to connect with donors on a personal level and cultivate long-term partnerships based on shared values and interests. By fostering trust and rapport with donors, I believe it will become easier to navigate the fundraising process, including making the ask, receiving feedback, and handling rejection gracefully. Additionally, I plan to prioritize transparency and communication throughout the fundraising journey, ensuring that donors feel informed and appreciated every step of the way. This approach not only reduces anxiety for both parties but also lays the foundation for sustainable fundraising efforts in the future.

• The challenge is aligning the donors interests. Donors interest are too dynamic, therefore putting that in consideration you must make sure that you extremely understand the best means to convince the donors.

• 1:
    The most challenging aspect of fundraising is making the ask. you must know whether your organization activities align with the interest of the donor and again your mission and vision must be explained clearly using a story.
    2:
    I have planned to review the interest of the donor fists and confirm whether its aligns with the organizations interest.

The most challenging aspect of fundraising is asking for money and making the transition, because it changes the relationship.
    Tom’s anxiety moments helped me to overcome this fear.

K
    1 Reply
  • 1: The most challenging aspect of fundraising for me is the fear of rejection or failure. It can be daunting to reach out to potential donors, knowing that not everyone will be receptive to our cause or willing to contribute. Additionally, there's pressure to meet fundraising goals and make a meaningful impact, which adds to the anxiety.

2: One way I plan to make this aspect of fundraising easier is by focusing on building genuine relationships with donors. Instead of viewing fundraising as a transactional exchange, I will approach it as an opportunity to connect with individuals who share our organization's values and passion for our mission. By establishing trust and rapport with donors, I hope to alleviate some of the anxiety associated with asking for support and increase the likelihood of successful fundraising efforts.

• This has been a great course and if anyone would like to discuss more about their journeys in fundraising, I'd be happy to connect!

• The hard is to start a conversation with donor and transition it into ask,

• I feel anxious asking for money and talking to people especially the ones with money.

• The most challenging task for me is asking for money, I tend to think about more reasons why they would not want to fund instead of why they should.
    How I intend to approach this anxiety is by focusing on the fact that the person wants to do good in the first place and that even his/ her "no" can also be used positively by finding out reasons why they say no and how I can improve my skills next time.

S
    1 Reply
  • It is true about changing the relationship, sometimes you know that the donor shares the same interest as your organization but because you have such a close relationship you become afraid to ruin it by asking for money. But as we have learned, when the donor shares the same interest it is a good start, maybe just asking for advice can lend you that big chance you need.

• The most anxious part for me is wanting my organisation to support more people and being unable to due to funding or a lack or personnel. The drive to achieve more and failing is anxiety inducing. The key change we have made is working on a longer term funding plan to ensure we are not reliant on yearly grants solely to keep the organisation moving forward

• identifying a donor and Knowing the donor interest are always the masterpiece during the process

1. Creating the ask itself - research, writing the initial letter. I want to make sure I am understanding my prospective donor correctly.
    2. Speaking to my team members to learn how they are going about this process.
  • That is a good solution.

• Meeting new prospective donors is challenging because am uncertain about the result but with practice I always get to be strong in ha doing all results from the future

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.