Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• I am also wanted to do this

• You are doing a great work

L
    1 Reply
  • Hi, my name is Sahar Azeem, I have been working in Program Development department for one year now. I have completed my Introduction to Fundraising Course and I have learned a lot in that course. I am excited to learn about how you can more connect with your donors.

• My name is Lulu. I live in the USA. My field of work is conservation. My goals are to become better and connecting with my donors. I am pretty great at connecting with people, so I am really excited about learning even more ways to communicate!

• It's nice to meet you too! I am also excited about fundrasing!

• I really loved that course! I am also excited about the same thing lol

• You are welcome
    I'm Joseph Kihunyu from Nakuru Kenya, I'm a founder of njokanjo economic empowerment for development (NEED) with its headquarters at ol'joro-orok. We work to empower women and young people to own decent homes.
    I'm here to learn on how to raise funds in order to economically empower our people for sustainable development.

• 1.My name is Riek Ter from Ethiopia, I am working as board member at Nuer development association (NDA) which is nonprofit organization.
    2.my goal for learning this course is to gain enough skill for how to build a relationship with potential donors that will raise more money for our nonprofit organization.

• My Name.is.Grace Ampaire from Uganda. I own a comminity helping organisation .My goal in this course is to get more knowledge and skills on how to grow my Donor network for my community .Thank you

• Hello! I'm Kelly Lau, based in Oregon, USA and I'm the part-time executive director for a small nonprofit, State Forests Trust of Oregon which supports recreation and learning in state forests.

We have a donor base that has supported our work, off and on, for over 20 years. They have a deep connection to place and I would like to strengthen our relationship with them.

I'm most interested in moving beyond a transactional relationship to one where mutual goals are achieved.

• Hello everyone, am happy to join for another course from philanthropy university. I want to be among the fundraisers.

M
    1 Reply
  • I send my greetings over there all the way from Uganda Africa. My name is Hellen, I am the team leader at Heavenly Bread Children’s Foundation, a Christian based organization in Uganda (East Africa) working to remove the barriers that prevent orphans and underserved children from succeeding and from being open to the Gospel. Our programs provide for children’s basic needs, including food, clothing, water, and medical care.

I began the organization due to the overwhelming number of unprivileged and poor children in Uganda, whose dreams have been disrupted by the lack of basic needs and not given the privilege to achieve their God given potential.

1 Reply
  • Hello mates!
    My name is Chenteaa Matthew Dennis, I am from Liberia, West Africa and I run an Organization named Check One Foundation and we are engaged in molding disadvantage, marginalised young children; we teach them and equip them to be better leaders.
    I'm excited joining people with similar vision, I'm anxious to learn new skills to enable me navigate through my profession.

• Hello, my name is Trudy, from California, USA and work in Non-profit faith based organization.

What are your goals for the course, and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    To learn skills we can pass on t our team

What are you most excited to learn?
    To learn more about how to connect with donors.

• Hi! Mi name is Ismaría Viloria. I am from Venezuela and I am project manager from a non-profit organization that works with inmigrants, more specifically Colombian inmigrants who go to Venezuela because of armed violence. I am here because I want to learn about fundraising and help my organization to find good donors for our programs.

• Hi this is Fadhilah I aim from participating in this course to improve my fundraising skills .

• Hey, My name is Fungai Musana from WWF Zambia. I recently got a promotion but my name mandate includes fundraising. So I join this course to assist my have a better understanding of my new role going forward.

J
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone, My name is Anita Isong ,I am from nigeria and I work for an NGO. I am taking this course to learn more on fundraising for NGOs, how to connect and also communicate with Donors. I am glad to be here.

J
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone, my name is Joe and I work for a digital marketing company that works exclusively with charities. I am a paid search manager, dealing with Google Ads and YouTube.

I'm looking forward to learning how to communicate with potential donors. I come from a commercial background, so understanding the nuances of messaging from a charity perspective is exciting.

• Hi Anita, I hope you enjoy the course and learn a lot from it.

• Hi Fungai, I hope you're able to achieve your goals from the learnings you take from this course.

• Good to know you

• Hi I am Samuel Kenneth Yashim

• I am from Nigeria

• Good to be here

• Hello, my name is Adina Petrean and we are running a non-profit in rural area Romania that focuses on children's education, animal rescue and helping people in need from our community.
    I am taking this course because we need to improve our fundraising skills, so our goal is to have more efficient fundraiser campaigns.

K
    M
    2 Replies
  • I'm Jacob, and I hail from the United States. Delving into the world of fundraising and donor connections has always intrigued me, and I'm truly excited to be a part of this course.

My goals for this course are two-fold. Firstly, I aim to gain a comprehensive understanding of the strategies and techniques involved in successful fundraising. This knowledge will help me create more compelling and engaging campaigns, ultimately leading to increased support for the causes I deeply care about. Secondly, I want to learn how to establish strong connections with donors, not just on a transactional level, but on a deeper, more meaningful level. Building authentic relationships with donors is key to sustaining long-term support and engagement.

I plan to apply the insights from this course directly in my work with the nonprofit organization I'm affiliated with. By implementing effective fundraising strategies and employing personalized approaches to donor engagement, I hope to contribute to the financial sustainability and growth of our organization. Additionally, I'm excited to share what I learn with my colleagues and fellow team members to collectively enhance our fundraising efforts.

K
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone my name is Keisha Gantt. I am in Charlotte NC. After being in the private sector for someone I'm ready to get back into nonprofit work and I wanted to increase my fundraising knowledge to better assist my future clients!

A
    2 Replies
  • Hi Jacob! It looks as though you already have a good understanding of the subject at hand! Good luck!

• Welcome Adina! That is very interesting work you are doing! Good luck to you!

• I am Pharmacist Opayemi Opeyemi from Nigeria.

I work for Hospitals for Humanity, an healthcare based non-profit operating in Nigeria.

My goals for this course are to learn and become an excellent fundraising professional.

At the end of the course, I want to be able to design and implement fundraising strategies for my organization and other non-profits.

M
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone it's nice to undergo this course

• Yes, I love your focus

• Hi Everyone,
    My name is Alf Namodi, a Program Manager with First Love Children's Foundation based in Johannesburg, South Africa. As the organisation name suggests, we are a non-profit organisation working to improve the lives of children generally and particularly destitute children an dthose from marginalised communities in whichever country they maybe placed.

• My goal for this course is to learn about fundraising and how to create and develop donor relationships with a view to increase my effectiveness in raising funds for the benefit of the organisation and for the children in the communities we serve. I am excited at the opportunity to interact with and learn from others from non-profit organisations from across the world.

• I am Mac Brian Jamu from Malawi Development practitioner

• Fundraising is very important for the implementation of different activities to alleviate people from poverty

• that's the way to go

• Hallo everyone,my name is omollo kevin from Kenya.I work with an NGO whose work is to change lives of farmers through enterprise training to improve their.I find the course in fundraising interesting and applicable in my organisation.Lets enjoy and share to benefit the society.Thank you all.

• Hello everyone, my name is Josué Honoré DASSE TE NGBOKOTA, CEO and founder of the OUBANGUI STAT CONSULTING consultancy based in the Central African Republic.
    I'm here to find out how to raise funds to enable my partners to finance the projects we help them design, as well as to raise funds to subsidize our charitable actions for certain vulnerable targets.

D
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone, I am Nasir Mohammed Yunusa, I am from Nigeria and I work with an agricultural mechanization and cultivation company as the Chief Finance Officer.
    I joined this course with the believe that I will acquire adequate knowledge and develop skills in fundraising.
    I recently concluded a course on Financial Management Essentials for Nonprofit.
    I intend to join any nonprofit organization in the near future where such knowledge and skills combined with my accounting background will make it easy for me to onboard as well as equip me with a better understanding of nonprofit accounting and budgeting. It will be important therefore to understand how I can help boost the nonprofit's liquidity as well as sustainability through better understanding of fundraising.

• Hello everyone,my name is khadar , a social entrepreneur, founder of non profit organization (Honest and commited Volunteers for African Development) based at Sessaro-Mazada in Togo(West Africa), i am here to develop my fundraising skills for more effectiveness in my organization and more impact in my community

• Hello Everyone! I am Dr Vinod from India a Medical Administrator and a Pediatric Surgeon
    My goal is to add to my existing knowledge of connecting with donors in an organized learning manner. Then to use it in a practical way.
    I am most excited to learn about how to deal with disappointments

• Nice to read about you getting back to nonprofit work,Keisha Gantt at Charlotte NC.
    Best wishes as You increase your fundraising knowledge to better assist my future clients.
    Do share the progress if You would.

• Hellen you are doing an amazing work. All the Best. If you still around would be interested to know more about Your work. Best regards and wishes

• Hello friends. Glad to be here. My name is Saggiah, I am from Kenya. I work with Lahash International as the partnership development coordinator. I am interested in acquiring knowledge and skills that would help me connect with our current and potential donors in a better way.

• Hello everyone! my name is Mpundu Mwenya from Zambia, I am a Development Facilitator working for an International Non-Governmental Organization. I am taking this course to improve on my fundraising skills, interact and learn more from like minded learners so that I can effectively contribute towards the raising of funds for the organization and my own personal projects. Looking forward to interacting with you all!.

• Hi Adina! how are you? I am happy to learn that you are working with children's education in the rural areas as that is also my area of focus in my current position as a development facilitator. I would like to learn more about what you do in Romania! hope to hear from you soon!

• Hi, my name is Andrew Elias, I work for Leadership Ladder Tanzania, a consultancy firm based in Dar-es-Salaam Tanzania. I am here to learn more about fundraising so that I can improve my skill in it and help the company to better do the fundraising.

• Hello, I am Mama. I voluteer with the YMCA, and I look forward to engaging with, and learning from everyone.

D
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone! My name is Uyai and I'm from Nigeria. I'm a program assistant who is looking to transition to devo soon, which is why I'm taking this course. Because of my experience in the philanthropy space, I am somewhat familiar with some of the fundraising terms but I would really like to sharpen my skills and confidence in the area. I am most excited to learn about storytelling.

A
    1 Reply
  • My name is Daniela, I am currently studying medicine in Prague and I volunteer in a youth cristian organisation at YMCA.
    My goal is to simply learn more about this topic and maybe use it in my practise as a volunteer, but I do not plan on being a headmaster of our organization so I might not get to use it too often.
    I am looking forward to learn more fun facts about the fundraising world in general.

A
    1 Reply
  • Good luck Josué!

• Good job mama!

• Irene my name. Uganda my country of residence. Healthcare and Phamacutical my industry. a midwife by profession as a field of work. am aiming at learning all the virtues concerning donor connections.

A
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone, i'm Adewale from Nigeria. I am happy to be here and I hope to learn important skills in connecting to a donor.

• Hello everyone. My name is Alina. I work for a non-profit organization in the sports sphere. Being a member of a foundation that raises funds for its activities, I am sure that the knowledge provided within this course will be useful for me. I would like to learn more about the interraction with donors and bulding a donor network for my organization

• Nice to meet you, Irene. Hope, this course will be useful for you. Good luck!

• Good luck, Daniela! Hope, you'll find interesting information that will be useful for you

• Good luck, Uyai! Hope this course will help you in your job

• Hello Team ,My Name is Jimmy Ogwal Odongo Dean Founder and Project Leader of Amazing Life Foundation (ALF) located in Jinja City Uganda.I am Glad to be here to learn how to connect with Donors.Am Privileged to study the courses given as we look forward to transforming communities.

• Hi! My name is Božidar Zelenović, and I am a project management professional working in local and international NGOs. My goal is to gain effective tools to help the organizations I work for achieve better communication with the donor community and to help them diversify their sources of income.

• Hello every one. My name is Khiba Mohapi. I am originally from Lesotho but currently based in South Africa. I have worked for a number of NGOs in Lesotho in the finance department. I have enrolled for this course in order to improve my proposal writing skills.

• Hello,
    my name is Tahrein Kassim from Kenya. I'm really excited about gaining a better understanding of how to engage with donors and build strong relationships. I hope to use what I learn to create a really high quality fundraising plan. I work in the Medical sector.

S
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone, I’m Rinku Mankhin from Bangladesh, Currently, I have been working as a program Coordinator/organizer at the "ICF National Forum of Bangladesh for conflict transformation and promoting peace in diverse communities supported by the interfaith Cooperation Forum (ICF). I wish to learn more and grow with more skills and experiences in fundraising in order to support my leading Youth forum and communities through this course.

• Introduce yourself to the others in this course (name, country, industry/field of work).
    Jess, Canada, Non-profit/charity

What are your goals for the course, and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    Learn more about the philanthropy operations of my organization to be able to contribute to those efforts locally

What are you most excited to learn?
    Best practices for communicating with potential donors

• Hello my name is Geraldine I'm from Switzerland and I am a volunteer for the youth organisation YMCA. I'm looking forward to learning more about fundraising and putting my knowledge into practice later on. :-)

• Hi everybody, I'm Rayna and I'm a nonprofit professional in Ontario, Canada. I am currently a program manager at an environmental nonprofit and am slowly but surely shifting to fundraising & grants management in 2024. It's an exciting journey and I'm happy to have an opportunity to learn and grow with free resources such as this one.

W
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone. My name is Sultan Shariff and I am glad to be here.
    I am from kenya and I run a small non profit organization that deals with women empowerment and provide education for children.
    I will use the information I learn here to fundraise for our NGO so that we can smoothly run project that bring about positive change to the community

W
    1 Reply
  • Hello Rayna, that's so exciting! I work in communications for a nonprofit and have also see my career path switching more towards fundraising and grants. Best wishes to you and your nonprofit!

• Hello Sultan, nice to meet you. That's awesome that you run your own nonprofit. What does your organization do to empower women? How many years has your nonprofit been running?

• Hello Everyone!

My name is April, and I have been working for about 2 years as a communications manager for a small nonprofit that provides scholarships, mentoring, and educaitonal opportunities in disadvantaged communities in China and Cambodia. Our aim is to raise up servant leaders that transform their own communities. I am hoping to increase our nonprofit's income through the fundraising knowledge that I gain through this course.

• Hi everyone my name is Augusta ,am Administrative , i work with with Eclectic Love. The reason i want to take this lesson is to know more and grow our donor network in helping my organization

• Hello everybody!
    Shuaib Ibrahim, a Kenyan, medical doctor by profession. I'm a member of a non profit CBO. As a philanthropy enthusiast I aspire to learn about effective and practical ways of connecting with the donors and create an extensive network. I'm excited to gain new knowledge that will help the organization achieve its goals and cater for all of the thematic areas.

• Hello Tahrein, I'm really excited to find you here.
    You're doing a great job, keep it up.

• Hello everyone! I'm Debabrata Saha from Bangladesh. An Entreprenuer in Computer Network security issues holding my company name for Microwave Communication working for two years by alerting and ensuring dangerous happening in advance such as: fire, presence of unwanted object or people into our home, business and locality in question.

• Hi, my name is Isabella Pineda. I am from Colombia, and I am about to conclude my college studies in International Relations and Anthropology. I am most interested in the areas of peace building, memory studies, and cultural industries. My main goal for this course is to learn more abput fundraising and acquire practical skills and knowledge to do it.

• Hi, anybody looking for a partner to do the assignment of module 1?

• Hello family! My name is Paul Issoufou, an activist, student, teacher and volunteer for Global Shapers Niamey and YMCA Niger.

• Hello family! My name is Paul Issoufou fr Niger Republic, I am an activist, student, teacher and volunteer for Global Shapers Niamey and YMCA Niger.

• Hi Saira, nice to meet you! I look forward to learning the same!

• Hi all! My name is Nick from Canada. I work for the YMCA in the Health, Fitness and Aquatics field where we facilitate in house programing at our local community/recreation centres. I am a manager for the building.

My goals for these courses are to support my ability to drive philanthropic initiatives. As working for a charity, fundraising and donor support has always been a part of my role, but outside of helping support a fundraising event, my knowledge and comfortability around donor relations and relation building has always been quite awkward or felt forced. I look forward to applying this coming into our next fundraising year of 2024.

How to better understand donor relations and build them. At times thanking a donor on behalf of a team that did all of the donor relations feels quite un authentic. I would like to learn to better support and build these relations myself to enhance our connection to our donors that allow us to do some amazing work.

• My name is Moses, I am the programs manager of my NGO

I want to become an expert in bringing closer my projects to my donors

• Hello all,
    My name is Régis de Fontaines, In 2020, I was an ambassador for YouCareWeCare Belgium, a temporary non-profit association aiming to offer holidays to Covid-19 caregivers. Subsequently, Then I have founded YouCareWeCare France, where I have organized the collection of donations and established partnerships with players such as the JCDecaux group, Accor, Pullman Hotels and the Zmirov communications agency. I'm also involved in La Ligue contre le cancer - Comité de Paris, by participating in the organization of charity concerts at Paris Town Hall and by collaborating with the large distribution group Leclerc for the "l''initiative rounded at checkout. also helped prepare for a future auction of works painted by an artist, the proceeds of which will go to the league.
    I also participated in missions aboard (Africa) the Sam Simon ship of the NGO Sea Shepherd, then chaired by Captain John Watson, with the aim of protecting our oceans.

Recently commissioned for a period of 6 months by the European Brain Council and the European Brain Foundation to develop their financial resources, partnerships and fundraising, organizing a conference at the Spanish Senate in Madrid and a conference on concussions in the sport in Brussels, in partnership with World Rugby, Rugby Europe, the Equestrian Sports Federations, Motor Sports, Hockey, Skiing, Football, FIFA and UEFA.

I love keeping in touch to what's new in fundraising/foundations International Organizations Management or simply learn more or being up to date, and be able to exchange our points of view, and especially our experiences in order to help us achieve our objectives for the good of the causes defended

• Hi, I’m from the Northeast and work in healthcare. Look forward to learning about donors!

• Hi! I'm Abdi Abrahim. I'm a Lecturer of Econometrics at Oda Bultum University. I'm interested in learning more about fundraising and development. I'm excited to learn more about how to talk to both our development professionals and to prospective donors.

• Hi everyone! I'm Emma and I am an AmeriCorps VISTA member in North Dakota. I serve a nonprofit organization in my community with a project goal of assisting with establishing, creating, and maintaining donor relationships. I am so excited to learn even more information about connecting with potential donors in hopes of establishing more relationships within my community.

• Hello my name is Isabella, I am from Bolivia! I am eager to leanr more about the world of non profits. I really want to work in one and help diffeent groups that could in some way benefit my community and country. I am most excited to learn and apply how these strategies can be applied to different countries.

• My name is Jonathan Gutierrez Ranilla, I am originally from Peru, and I am excited to be part of this online course. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to participate and learn in this enriching space.

• Hi Saira, My name is Bob and I am in the US in a nonprofit that supports people with autism. I hope to learn how to be more effective with donors. I am excited to connect with like minded professionals.

• Hi Saira, My name is Bob and I am in the US in a nonprofit that supports people with autism. I hope to learn how to be more effective with donors. I am excited to connect with like minded professionals.

• Hi all. Fion from South Africa here. I do comms for an NPO

• Hello my name is Isabella, I am from Bolivia! I am eager to leanr more about the world of non profits. I really want to work in one and help diffeent groups that could in some way benefit my community and country. I am most excited to learn and apply how these strategies can be applied to different countries.

• My name is Pythagoras Brion from Manila, Philippines. i want to learn how to raise funds effectively for a social enterprise devoted to getting better price for farmers by processing their output for end markets.

V
    1 Reply
  • I hope to find a partner to do the assignment in this course. Preferably one who works within the Asian time zone.

• Hallo Family,
    I am Immanuel Phiri from Malawi, Southern part of Africa.
    Am a voluntary work with one of the small organizations in my Area called Sunshine Project.
    I just want to get acquired the skills and implement them in my organizations and I am mostly excited that will be boosted with knowledge which will help me to Introduce my Own Charitable organizations in my Community.

• Hello I'm Carmen.

• Hello everyone!
    I'm BUSIME LEA, a social entrepreneur, founder a non profit organization (HBE ). I'm here to grow my fundraising skills for more impact in my community and I hope to grow our donor network and parteners

• Greeting
    My name is Raziah Makokha born and raised in Kenya, i am a Kenyan, a volunteer by passion,my profession is in Management and Finance, currently working with one of the biggest hospital in my country. I am here to learn more and develop my skills in fundraising and donor connection.

• I am Mots'elisi Mphi from Lesotho. I am a volunteer at the Non-Governmental Organization called Migrant Workers association of Lesotho and I work as the M&E Officer. from this course, want to learn about skills and ways to fundraise and win the funders. Also, to acquire M&E framework.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.