Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Friend, family, professionals connections, acquaintances

1 Reply
  • During this module I learned a lot about crowdfunding and during its implementation I discovered several video sites that were previously unknown to me and the importance of the different stages by which funds are collected in online which I find much more beneficial than offline fund collection.

• I learned a lot and I know understand crowdfunding and it has also cleared my misconception regarding social media and fundraising

• social media looks to be very powerful tool

• Having a SMART goal and creating a short compelling story

R
    1 Reply
  • The one social media best practice or crowdfunding tip that I learned from this podcast that you didn’t know before:
    "Is guidelines to pick the Right Platform"
    Thank you Kevita and Tom

1 Reply
  • Agree I was Re-awakened to power and potential of Family, Friends, Co-workers and Acquaintances. They know a lot about me and my passion and probably will be the "Best Fundraising Advocates"

• Apologies its not ..
    "...you didn’t know before:"
    It should read
    ".. I didn't know before"

• The other social media best practice or crowdfunding tip that I learned from this podcast that I didn’t know before:
    "Say a Big Thank You in time and an appropriate manner so that it reaches the Donor. It may work Wonders and dare I say start a Cascade Effect"

• This was a great topic I.e crowfunding and social media

A
    1 Reply
  • Great!!
    This is awesome

• Me too, I feel the same way!!

• My journey here has been fun all along. I've learnt a lot about non governmental organizations.

• I can create a community on social media

• Crowdfunding is a platform for generating small donatoions

• One social media best practice I learned from the podcast is the importance of creating a content calendar and being consistent with posting. Having a well-structured plan for when and what to post on social media can help maintain engagement and keep the campaign on track. It's essential to maintain a regular posting schedule to keep donors and supporters informed and engaged throughout the campaign.

I have implemented this practice in a crowdfunding campaign for a nonprofit organization I work with. We created a content calendar outlining the types of posts, their timing, and the platforms they would be posted on. By sticking to this schedule, we were able to maintain a consistent presence on social media, share updates, success stories, and engage with our audience effectively. This approach helped us achieve our fundraising goals and build a stronger online community of supporters.

• One social media best practice I learned from the podcast is the importance of creating a content calendar and being consistent with posting. Having a well-structured plan for when and what to post on social media can help maintain engagement and keep the campaign on track. It's essential to maintain a regular posting schedule to keep donors and supporters informed and engaged throughout the campaign.

I have implemented this practice in a crowdfunding campaign for a nonprofit organization I work with. We created a content calendar outlining the types of posts, their timing, and the platforms they would be posted on. By sticking to this schedule, we were able to maintain a consistent presence on social media, share updates, success stories, and engage with our audience effectively. This approach helped us achieve our fundraising goals and build a stronger online community of supporters.

R
    1 Reply
  • I didn't know that there are so many different crowdfunding platforms or that it's important to evaluate platforms along a number of different dimensions before choosing one.

A
    1 Reply
  • This is a good practice. Thank you for sharing this. Social media is a real weakness of mine, I don't like posting, but I know I need to become comfortable with it for future work in the community and for fundraising, and your way of organizing it is helpful.

• Yes, I found that lesson very helpful too.

• A compelling story that is simple, with a trajectory and originating from a beneficiary .

• From the podcast titled "Fundraising on the Internet," there is one social media best practice for crowdfunding that stands out: Using Social Media to Build Community and Awareness Rather Than Just Asking for Donations.

In the podcast, Kavita Matthews, the crowdfunding expert, emphasized that social media is not just a direct conversion tool for donors but a means to build a sense of belongingness and raise awareness about your cause. This approach involves engaging your audience with information, questions, and activities related to your cause. It's about creating a community that cares about your mission, which can ultimately lead to donations.

This best practice is a powerful reminder that successful crowdfunding campaigns on social media involve more than simply asking for contributions. They require thoughtful storytelling, engagement, and community-building efforts to make donors feel connected to the cause.

I would also like to add that this approach aligns with the principles of effective human rights and empowerment advocacy. Building a supportive community through social media can help drive positive change and mobilize support for important causes.

• To keep followers informed and engaged about your projects

• To develop your social media space to form a community where your followers feel belonging.

• My initial concern about crowdfunding is that people in specific countries prefer to donate in their own currency. When they see the US$ sign, they get intimidated (their credit cards will be charged in USD and in some places there are fees for that) or worried it is not going to the right place. Another concern is that there are places where regulations can be very strict. For example, in the Philippines, you are not allowed to use photos of children (beneficiaries) when fundraising (not everyone complies - but we do and by doing so, we miss out on this opportunity) which can be a problem if your program is related to children.

• Crowdfunding is easy way to raise fund especially for the are where there are many online user

• Apart from the use of celebration days to increase our impact on social networks, I would say that I learned how to present its organization clearly but positively.

W
    1 Reply
  • @rbernardak said in Module 4 Discussion: Crowdfunding:

I didn't know that there are so many different crowdfunding platforms or that it's important to evaluate platforms along a number of different dimensions before choosing one.

It is impresive, because the transparency and screening/clearance process applies in any situation nowadays

• Yes, I did contribute to some visuals and digital content much more clearer thanks to those advices

• At first i was not aware of how media has power to make your organisation grow. Thanks to K Mathews of Globalgiving for shedding light to me as Kavita recently participated in an interview where she shed light on the concept of crowdfunding. Although I had encountered this term numerous times online, I had never dared to delve into its intricacies and practical applications. Crowdfunding is an incredibly powerful fundraising tool, but it necessitates strict adherence to certain guidelines. Thankfully, my prior experience with social media has provided me with a basic understanding. Just as in a business setting, where the primary objective is to sell products, it is important to create posts that foster connections with customers. By actively listening to their concerns and offering suitable solutions, relationships can be nurtured. Similarly, in the realm of fundraising, it is not solely about soliciting donations. Utilizing posts to engage donors, initiating dialogues, understanding their perspectives, and providing relevant responses are also crucial components.

• I learned crowdfunding how to fix aphoto or a video in adraft page to mension but a few.

• Same to meEverything was challenging

1 Reply
  • The strategy is quite enlightening and easily explained.

• From its name what I suggest that crowdfunding demands the involvement of a large number of people as a result of this what i think is that we may have the possibility to raise a large amount of money.But from the context in Module 4 what I understand is that it is just a practice of raising small amount of money.

• s

@MRMOSWETE said in Module 4 Discussion: Crowdfunding:

At first i was not aware of how media has power to make your organisation grow. Thanks to K Mathews of Globalgiving for shedding light to me as Kavita recently participated in an interview where she shed light on the concept of crowdfunding. Although I had encountered this term numerous times online, I had never dared to delve into its intricacies and practical applications. Crowdfunding is an incredibly powerful fundraising tool, but it necessitates strict adherence to certain guidelines. Thankfully, my prior experience with social media has provided me with a basic understanding. Just as in a business setting, where the primary objective is to sell products, it is important to create posts that foster connections with customers. By actively listening to their concerns and offering suitable solutions, relationships can be nurtured. Similarly, in the realm of fundraising, it is not solely about soliciting donations. Utilizing posts to engage donors, initiating dialogues, understanding their perspectives, and providing relevant responses are also crucial components.

I agree with what you are explaining

• Yes, it the easy way

• @jemsparkes said in Module 4 Discussion: Crowdfunding:

I really loved the tip Kavita gave about engaging social media users to develop a community, I love responding to polls on instagram for celebrities that I follow and I would definetly engage in this if I saw it as a feature used by a charity!

was very nice can learn more about this topic!

• was a new experience for me create post.Thank you.

• My favorite social media is facebook to share crowdfunding campagne.

• Is,t no so easy. Take time.

• this podcast allowed me to understand how essential having a crowdfunding team that identifies and masters the project is, then it also taught me that it is hard work, also with good preparation and excellent structuring, always keeping donors in touch with thank you messages within 48 hours.

• get all stakeholders involved, encourage them to communicate and share their vision, and make a splash with media coverage for greater impact

• Social media is as much patience as it is about diligence in facebook or linked in page.

• Me too.All was no so easy.

• I learned that social media can help build up wider awareness of our project

• awesome, from europe. itt will be super helpful

• I hadn't experienced Crowdfunding before I took this fundraising course. It's great to know Crowdfunding is the best way to practice using a small amount of funds among a large number of people online. I recently learned about this social media tool that I can use to fundraise for my leading organization.

• This is a great point, Setting up a smart goal will enable us to achieve a fundraising campaign.

• I liked the tip about engaging social media users to develop a community.

• Learned the importance of engaging social media in fundraising strategies

• Effective photos must be selected and thank yous must be made within 48 hours for further donations.

• Social media is to create the sense of belonging. Create a community, not to post right away a donation. You need to make them feel part of your project and then you can start asking for funds, but not ask for funds and then let them know you

• Thank you a lot for this spectacular teaching. I have learned the best way to use social media for fundraising.

• One thing that I learned is the importance of having advocates - staff, Board, volunteers, previous volunteers - to commit to being part of the campaign and to have these folks mobilized and ready to go ahead of time. While seemingly obvious now, it's not something we considered when we piloted a crowdfunding campaign a couple of years ago.

• That is not advisable to use social media platform for direct fundraising even though social media still plays a vital role in fundraising

• What is one social media best practice or crowdfunding tip that you learned from this podcast that you didn’t know before?

Planning who your advocates are and will be prior to posting a campaign. This seems simple but on one hand, I would have imagined you would gain advocates as you go/you promote awareness and momentum, but it makes sense to have these functions assigned prior and then perhaps build on that as you go.

• I have learned about having smart objectives and telling a story of one person to help mobilize resource. I did not know this and believe this will be useful in my fundraising journey.

1 Reply
  • Don't just always solicit money. Take the time to share stories about your organisation and create a community

• Create Compelling and Transparent Campaign Content: Clearly communicate your cause, the purpose of your crowdfunding campaign, and how the funds will be utilized. Use engaging visuals, tell a compelling story, and be transparent about your goals. Providing a clear and emotional connection can motivate people to support your campaign.

1 Reply
  • After reading through this module, I have learnt how to set SMART goals, build a community of advocates to propagate my crowd funding agenda. I learnt how to create short and attractive videos on what we do and pictures of the event we have conducted. Moreover, I learnt on the importance of picking a proper platform which has tax benefits which help me sell out my ideas to the readily available community.

• After reading through this module, I have learnt how to set SMART goals, build a community of advocates to propagate my crowd funding agenda. I learnt how to create short and attractive videos on what we do and pictures of the event we have conducted. Moreover, I learnt on the importance of picking a proper platform which has tax benefits which help me sell out my ideas to the readily available community.

• That's quite a good lesson learnt

• This point hitted the gusher for me.

• This point hitted the gusher for me.

• After reading through this course I learnt how to generate SMART goals, and build a community of advocate to help propagate my goals and institute. Create short captivating videos and good quality pictures. And also how to pick a platform that has tax benefits to help ease my campaign.

• Peer to Peer funding

• The things I leaned from this podcast was, To engage donors consistently, you can invite them to in person events, sending newsletters, and maintaining regular communication are crucial aspects.

M
    1 Reply
  • I agree that transparency is the keyword for making SMART goals.

• Engaging followers on social platforms and asking questions

• fantaastic program

• I enjoyed learning

• Crowdfunding is cheaper way of reaching out to potential funders

• One social media best practice I learned from the podcast is the importance of being authentic and engaging with your audience. Tom emphasized the need to create genuine connections with donors by sharing compelling stories, behind-the-scenes glimpses, and updates about the organization's work. This authenticity helps foster trust and loyalty among followers, ultimately leading to increased engagement and support for fundraising efforts. By being transparent and personable on social media platforms, organizations can cultivate meaningful relationships with donors and attract new supporters who are passionate about their cause.

• One social media best practice I learned from the podcast is the importance of engaging with donors and supporters by responding promptly to comments and messages on social media platforms. This helps to foster a sense of connection and community, ultimately strengthening relationships with potential donors and supporters.

• I didn't know that social media can be used to raise awareness about the cause that you're trying to raise funds for. equally i was not aware that it can be used to build a community and create a shred sense of belonging among supporters.

• I have never matched the opportunity when a larger donor donates. my fear is that this are restricted funds and matching that opportunity missed my knowledge.

• I like how she talks about how to take advantage of social networks, and not wait for them to activate themselves, No because I have a great information platform about my organization, donors will start giving their money, in the same way it is important to maintain a relationship with the spectators.

• After completing Module 4, one valuable social media best practice I learned from the podcast was the importance of engaging with your audience authentically. Rather than just broadcasting messages, it's crucial to actively interact with followers by responding to comments, asking questions, and showing genuine interest in their feedback. This not only fosters a sense of community but also builds trust and loyalty among your audience, ultimately leading to stronger connections and increased support for your crowdfunding campaign.

• I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the assignment and learned a lot about crowdfunding! While I don't have personal experiences to share, I can certainly provide examples of how others have successfully implemented social media best practices and crowdfunding tips.

For instance, let's consider a hypothetical scenario where a small business owner launched a crowdfunding campaign to fund the production of a new product. To engage their audience authentically, they regularly posted updates on their social media channels, sharing behind-the-scenes glimpses of the product development process, asking for feedback on design options, and inviting followers to share their thoughts and ideas.

Additionally, they actively responded to comments and messages, thanking supporters for their encouragement and addressing any concerns or questions promptly. They also utilized storytelling techniques to connect with their audience on a deeper level, sharing the inspiration behind the product and the journey of bringing it to life.

By authentically engaging with their audience in this way, the business owner not only built a strong community around their brand but also generated excitement and momentum for their crowdfunding campaign. This approach helped them surpass their fundraising goal and achieve success in bringing their new product to market.

• I learnt about online crowdfunding. I have not experienced or practiced any.

• I have learnt that for a successful crowdfunding, the goal should be 'SMART' to be understood by everyone and engaging the desired participants is more important so that they have ownership feeling. The messaging should be short and precise. Identification of potential networks for relevant donors is crucial. However, offline crowdfunding was said to be more effective compared to the online one because it allows time to make follow up calls to the desired participants to remind them about the event to be hosted. Also the process can be led by the board members, former colleagues or a team that is assigned and so on. One should know exactly how much to incur .

• tip number 6
    never forget the request

• One effective social media best practice is to consistently engage with your audience by responding promptly to comments, messages, and inquiries. This not only fosters a sense of community but also demonstrates your commitment to building meaningful relationships with your followers.

• This class was very insightful for me ,and I am grateful,..

• The best way to use social media is to raise awareness about the cause you re trying to raise funds for ,secondly is that you can build a community and and create a sense of belonging

• Really informative. I can see for my organisation that we need to improve our social media program to promote our initiatives and build longer term partners and supporters

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.