Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• The partnership helps both parties to achieve more effectively and efficiently.

• The partnership between the two agencies will lead to equal beneficiaries.

• There is no video, text or audio to respond to. However, I believe the partnership between the two organization is one that is strategic and help them actualize mutual goals and impact the beneficiaries positively.

• Yes, the Video clearly shows the need for working together for filling resource gap. For world vision it is good to have the cooperatives that has estabilished structures at ground level and would be possible to easily transform from direct assistance to development project.

• Yes ! two are more important and effective than one!

• Partnerships in this standard form of partnership, all of the partners are equally responsible for the business's debts and liabilities. In addition, all partners are allowed to be involved in the management of the organization.

• Organisations choose to partner because they cannot achieve their desired goals by other, non-partnership means. In other words, there is inevitably a level of self-interest in the motivation of all partners and each partner will need to see benefits from their collaboration, measured in their own terms, if their involvement in the partnership is to be sustained over time.

• Every partnership engaged mostly the question of researched interests of each party

• Partnership is great link I confirm and this course is awesome with all needed tips to use with partnership programs

• Partnership is a good servant if the partners could fill each other at the right time.

• Their partnership can benefit both organizations

• Likewise, I can’t find the prompt. But I would like to give my insights about what i have learned so I think the partnership is a very strategic tool because it allows two organizations to complement each other and add value to their vision, mission, and goals.

• No prompt seen but overall the partnership goal for both organisations is adding sustainable value to themselves and the beneficiaries

• Two years later, the prompt still isn't visible.
    However, I think those organisations have carefully planned a partnership strategy that will be mutually beneficial. Obviously, a lot of work went into the scoping & building stage for such a partnership to emerge

• There isn't a prompt, but the clear intention is that if organisations with a similar mandate work together it gives a greater advantage in them trying to achieve both their mandate with a greater outcome and for better value

• I understand partnership as effective way to reach optimally the defined goals. Till know I considered that organiztion can proceded any business alone. My this assumption was based on the ignoring the outcome. After learning this module, I understnd that we need an outcome analysis and think about to reach optimal outcome for an organiztion. If we ignore the partnership options we can never reach to optimal outcome for an organization because it means to ignore the organzition outsomes optimization .

• WUV and UCA had aligning objective, hence the they were able to build a beneficial, successful and sustainable partnership.

• According to what I understand, World Vision's main intervention areas are resilience, relief, and livelihood, and Cooperative Alliance serves its member small-scale farmers by acting as an agricultural cooperative. So, in order to impart knowledge to its beneficiaries and change their lives in a sustainable way, WV has identified the difficulties facing its beneficiaries and demanded greater business skills and experience. So, in order to reach more beneficiaries and transform its beneficiaries from sources of income to agribusiness activities for adding value to sustainability issues, WV needs partners that can help and fulfill its vision and mission, like the cooperative alliance in Uganda. For this reason, WV established a partnership with CA, and they also have a mutual benefit in terms of resources.

• According to what I understand, World Vision's main intervention areas are resilience, relief, and livelihood, and Cooperative Alliance serves its member small-scale farmers by acting as an agricultural cooperative. So, in order to impart knowledge to its beneficiaries and change their lives in a sustainable way, WV has identified the difficulties facing its beneficiaries and demanded greater business skills and experience. So, in order to reach more beneficiaries and transform its beneficiaries from sources of income to agribusiness activities for adding value to sustainability issues, WV needs partners that can help and fulfill its vision and mission, like the cooperative alliance in Uganda. For this reason, WV established a partnership with CA, and they also have a mutual benefit in terms of resources.

• I could not find any discussion prompt below.

• I guess and as per my experience being a co-founder of an organization, entering to the partnership with a company that have the same mission as you do, is a great way to achieve your mutual goal.

• Yes, you are absolutly right. Partnership means helping each other. The two differnt body has own resources, has differnt shortage or need which can fulfill by each other. Must, dont harm to each other.

• Yes, you raised very important thing which is 'communication'. At this modern time coomunication must need to build partnership as well trust. Communication has strong power and it can remove obstacle.

• I believe that deliver partnership is the most common in Humanitarian settings of Africa.

• I totally like their allegiance. If World Vision Uganda going to serve their audiences more sustainably, they need UCA's technical support, since they were working as a pure charity organisation.

• a partnership between WVU and UCA will be beneficial for both organisations, especially for WV, which will benefit from the expertise of UCA in implementing more sustainable projects. I think that UCA willbenefit most in the extension of its network.

• Both Organizations will also be able to combine their efforts and resources in a way that maximise outcome for them

• There no prompt

• No prompt for the said topic

• It is quite interesting and understandable from the lessons so far that partnership is only necessary if there is need for it. The needs depend on the desire by both intending partners to be more efficient, effective, and sustainable in the delivery of outcome of individuals and collective and the need combine resources to maximize value. I believe partners must agree on terms of engagement.

• sometimes partnership is not only the right way it's the only way to achieve organization’s goals.

• I can't find the prompt 'Inspiration Abuja'.

• The partnership between WVU and UCA is mutually beneficial to both organisations

• YES, NEED BASED PARTNERSHIP WILL ADD VALUE TO BOTH THE PARTNERSHIP AS WELL AS TO THE BENEFICIARIES / TARGETED GROUPS. IN THE PREVIOUS CASE STUDY, WORLD VISION UGANDA (WVU) WORKS ON RELIEF CENTER BASED AND NEEDS THE SUPPORT IN THE FORM OF OTHER PARTNER TO SHIFT FROM BUSINESS WITH SUSTAINABILITY SOLUTIONS, TO ENHANCE THE CAPACITIES OF THE STAFF AND WORKERS, AND FINALLY TO ACHIEVE BETTER SUSTAINABILITY WITH ADDED VALUE TO THE BENEFICIARIES WITH IMPROVED QUALITY OF LIFE (QOL).
    THIS PARTNERSHIP IS POSITIVE AND WIN WIN SITUATION FOR BOTH TO ACHIEVE THE TARGETS AND MISSION OF BOTH THE PARTNERS.
    SUCH PARTNERSHIP SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED AS T IS GOING TO ADD VALUE TO THE PARTNERS WELL AS TO THE BENEFICIARIES WHICH WILL EFFECTIVE, EFFICIENT AND COST EFFECTIVE WITH BETTER EACH.

• CONGRATS TO WVU AND UCA FOR MAKING SUCH PARTNERSHIP FOR THE BENEFIT OF BOTH AS WELL AS TO THE COMMON BENEFICIARIES / TARGETED GROUPS.

• I also agree that this partnership is positive, since it is focusing on making programs sustainable and not only for immediate relief, which can certainly help alleviate extreme poverty, but will not contribute to address the root causes of the problem. This partnership on the other hand, can help expand their missions, and contribute to reduce chronic poverty, expanding their impact in the communities.

• I also cannot view the discussion prompt.

• the partnership between two organization happens only when there are common interests in both the parties .

• The Partnership between the two organization is so beneficial. The aim of the WVU is to make sure that it brings relief to the the targeted population however they need expertise to ensure that their strategies are implemented according and hence WVU agrees to partner with the UCA to maximize the benefits.

• no discussion view prompt

• Basically, the two companies entered into a partnership because World Vision needed expertise to shift their relief kind of work to the business way and UCA was more experience in that field.

• Partnerships bring opportunities and open the doors of possibilities.

• I do not see a prompt but I do believe that the partnership is beneficial as it can help them work more effectively and efficiently.

• The power in collaborating. Through the partnerships the two organizations have been able to leverage ,combine efforts and complement each other and more results realized.

• Not able to see any promt but so far I have understood why partnerships are done and when they are done .

• I struggled to see the objective of this partnership, but I believe that if the two organizations share value and help each other achieving their goals than a partnership is always welcome.

• It is true, but in some cases the partnership may provide an increase in the quality of the services provided, which can hardly be achieved except with joint cooperation, because of the extensive relations and experiences added by the other party in the field to be achieved, and this is what is illustrated by the relationship between the two wonderful organizations in the previous example.

• No promt. But I agree to the point that partnership is a good thing if it adds a net value to both parties

• A mutually beneficial partnership between two parties will better help them to achieve their goals in a cost effective way and also saves time.

• I think that the partnership between the two organizations is a strategic act in the sense that it comes within a framework of complementary expertise to achieve defined results. The two organizations must each be clear regarding their specifications and their common interests so that one does not exert too great an influence on the other.

• For sure the partnership between World Vision Uganda and Uganda Cooperation Alliance is healthy because both parties have areas where each will benefit the other one. And also the beneficiaries of both Organizations will be served well, hence achieving the goals of each Organization.

• From all indications, the partnership will be beneficial to both WV and UCA.

• I can't find a prompt

• Partnerships are important as they help each other in achieving goals, increasing their reach and diversifying their scope based on their goals.

• Partnerships are important as they help each other in achieving goals, increasing their reach and diversifying their scope based on their goals.

• Like many, I do not see a prompt, but I do believe in the power of partnerships and know that my institution and those that are most vulnerable will be able to benefit from them tremendously.

• Thanks for your opinion, I agree with you

• Although I also see no prompt, I must agree that engaging in partnerships is an effective way for organisations to share resources, specifically expertise, to provide more tailored solutions to alleviate much of the global problems that we see today.

• The prompt for this discussion seems to be missing. I assume the prompt will have to do something about the possible partnership between WVU and UCA. In my opinion both organizations could benefit in achieving their respective goals thorough a well planned and implemented partnership.

• I couldn't find the prompt, but I would say that partnerships can elevate the gains of both organizaitons.

• There is no prompt coming up but this is what I have to say. The partnership between WWV and UCA is beneficial to both as they each will each achieve their goals. In addition such effective partnerships are a great way to avoid duplication of initiatives and they promote efficient resource distribution and utilization.

• There is no prompt available in relation to the Inspiration Abuja, however partnerships contribute significantly to achieving collective goals, fostering growth and addressing challenges in a collaborative and mutually beneficial manner. It could be useful for both organisations as it comes with opportunities for learning and development while achieving goals and bringing social change.

• Not sure where the prompt is. However, I think so far, it's clear that partnership is only ONE of the ways to achieve project/ programme outcomes. One must always thing of the effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of the partnership.

• Working in a medium-scale organisation, I think one risk we need to be aware of is resource drain. We act as a middleman between large donors and smaller scale organisations which implement projects on the ground. In such cases, we can only depend on building trust among partners, monitor and follow-up with their work through regular meetings and reports. Sometimes, there may be a misconception from smaller partners that we have plenty of funds and it's alright to use it without putting much thought to it. However, that's not the case. To mitigate this, we have a strong project and finance team to ensure our partners are working towards the intended outcomes.

• There is no prompt. I admire this type of partnerships. they provide solutions for an organization without necessary disrupting the other organizations workplan/ budget. The Sacco has the network, WVI has the need and project outcome that can be easily met by the Sacco.

• The two organizations that will enter into a partnership will work well together as one company has been in business for 50 years and the other business is a new business with many of the same interest and objectives.

• There is no prompt. I admire this type of partnerships. they provide solutions for an organization without necessary disrupting the other organizations workplan/ budget. The Sacco has the network, WVI has the need and project outcome that can be easily met by the Sacco.

• I think there is no discussion prompt below ,however ,I understand that partnerships are very important and should be entered if there are the best way our existing goals,

• I like this statement is being emphasized: The point here is that partnerships are only one possible way to deliver outcomes, and they are not always the most effective way.

This is a good reminder on what is the essence of partnership and the invitation now is more on differentiating output and outcome. When the key partners cannot distinguish its differentiating factor, it would be difficult to establish effective partnerships.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.