Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• I think it is important to focus on the objectives and ensure than they are not compromised. Identifying partners in the area from community to decision making bodies and volunteers is relevant to achieve in a considerable short time. Taking note of the challenges and opportunities should also be considering in advocacy.

• I have learned a lot about the importance fo partnerships

• I struggled with this module because there were no readings.

• Advocacy requires a lot of tact, learning (research), partnership, capacity and lobying skills.

• This modul has demonstrate the importance of networking in the erea of NGO

• genial course

• It makes absolute sense to partner with likeminded organizations to further the cause specially looking at managing available resources & using expertise. However a challenge that needs to be managed is to ensure all organizations remain committed to the objectives & not try to shine over the other/ further individual goals in the process.

• This also means that while you may want to move on to advocating for other issues, you still need to have the eye on the ball & ready to get back to those issues that have been "settled" . That unfortunately limits the scope of the work of an organization to move on.

• This also means that while you may want to move on to advocating for other issues, you still need to have the eye on the ball & ready to get back to those issues that have been "settled" . That unfortunately limits the scope of the work of an organization to move on.

• This module brings to light the intricacies of advocacy and why it is necessary to have partnerships to address the different audiences and barriers.

• What stood out for me were a couple of points. 1) A mission brings focus to our work - but it can also adapt as progress or circumstances change (In a sense we succeed by advocating our way beyond a problem). 2) A mission towards problem solutions can employ many tactics with internal and external voice and agency - and also needs to partner with others for more sway, for a larger set of skills and to deepen the idea/time/resource pool for success. No one organization can realistically expect to go it alone for the most effective impact. 4) Systems changes that advocacy seeks to improve are often complex and some big early stage wins/progress should be celebrated but persistence/adaptation will be required. Turning paper promises into action, changes in leadership within key decision making bodies, overcoming inertia favoring the status quo and the nature of systems changes mean small steps may need to continue to achieve the larger goal. 5) Sometimes a win for one cause (ARV Access) can spill over to have other benefits beyond your primary mission - it would seem that partnerships can ensure maximum and lasting effects from your advocacy efforts.

• The fight for the garbage collectors to be considered important, I think it was a very important fight. being that, the impact is worldwide, and it is gained and for all the parts, as much the government, workers, businessmen.

It is one more problem solved that, as time passes, the challenge will be to keep up with the new governments that will be formed

• I totally agree with the content of this module that highlights the trajectory of an advocacy campaign and the obstacles and risks that it may confront, where a mission driven or goal oriented advocacy organization will succeed to attain the required target.
    by inclusion and partnership in sharing and unifying the concept we are targeting, will broaden the organization work, will expand its motives and lead to the essential orientation.

• Partnership is a very important factor in achieving the tasks required for the advocacy project to be accomplished. Likewise in giving a role for every participant to represent the advocacy core concept and talk on its behalf, you will find that you create a channeling organizations that share the same mission and values. sharing the same mission and values will make growth of the targeted audience and demolish the oppositions.

• I think WEIGO used a good advocacy strategy.

Even though it is a little complex, but it was a strategy that I could use for mine in my organization, because both the beneficiaries and the local government would gain because the benefits will be for both.

• Hshsjsksk ajakals sjsjkao ajajao ajakak

• Bajaj ajajK ajJai ajaja jaisi ajsj

• Bindia ma chodu madharchod

• I found it very interesting what I learned so far, I hope to talk more about this topic soon

• I strongly agree because in advocacy one cant push for a change without the direct influence of other players .As an advocate one can not push for a change in policy without the influence of other player in the policy making of any state.

• This is because through including various key players advocates can identify be areas of weakness in their advocacy strategies

• I agree - the "mission" of an organisation should give it's strategies and its partnerships. Partnerships are key, but are in some instances difficult to establish due to complex donor relationships, competitions amongst NPOs, and other factors.

• Yes, my dear. Thank you for the explanation.

• that's a great point you noted there

• thats a great point you noted there, there is real need for partnerships to strengthen our capabilities

• Yes partnership has played a crucial role in advocacy ..but the issue falls on choosing light partners ...

• I AM HAPPY TO INFORM THAT I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DONE THIS MODULE

THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY AND LOOKING FORWARD.

• I didn't think specially why only one attempt for the quizz

• I didn't think specially why only one attempt for the quizz

• ive learnt the importance of partnerships

• My take-away from this module is how important it is to partner with other organizations in advocacy work. Also, scoring a big win is not the end of the battle, but rather the prop needed to work harder and to fight harder. The work continues even after scoring a big win.

• One of my main takeaways from this module is that no one organization can achieve a social change in isolation, therefore, partnerships and coalitions with other organizations with similar objectives are very paramount in the advocacy drive.

• One of my main takeaways from this module is that no one organization can achieve a social change in isolation, therefore, partnerships and coalitions with other organizations with similar objectives are very paramount in the advocacy drive.

• Its clear that working with partnerships makes things go smooth be it among the workers or even in court rooms and NGOs . I strongly support the need for partnerships among companies.

• facing the reality at whatever level is key

• Yes it further discusses the importance partnership in advocacy

• This module has been quite informative about the importance of partnerships in advocacy, also one must take note of the challenges that they come with

• This module brought up the importance of making partnerships to achieve the goals of Advocacy.

• Partnership is imperative for an organization to succeed. Then great time must be invested to get an understanding of the problem at hand to know the best strategies to use in order to handle it.

• The module talked about partnering with strong firms that will help achieve your purpose of advocacy. the topic was a little confused and the understanding wasn't all that much though I learnt a lot .

• The experts have taught me that you have to be persistent because true change or impact really takes time and therefore as advocate, you have to persistent and consistent.

• Partnerships are really important when it comes to Activism. To get things done you need the right people.

• Partnership is a powerful tool to getting great results. It is important to identify organisations that share common interest with yours and who has the needed intelligence to assist in the advocay mission.

• Everything is great. The course is amazing.

• важность партнерства со сторонними организациями

• It's not about tye quantity but tye quality

• This module has demonstrated the following important themes in advocacy:

1. the importance of mission-oriented design of advocacy projects, this combined with the "as if" school of thought allows an advocate to approach the topic and the situation in terms of feasibility.

2. the importance of partnerships, both on a logistical level and/or to merge resources once those resources are called for. It also demonstrates the importance in the perspective of the advocacy. No one can be everything to everyone, so many time advocates need to be deployed to use their own specialized skills.

• Sticking to the mission is important in advocacy because it helps advocates focus on why they started their advocacy in the first place. No organization can do it by themselves hence identifying collaborators with the same mindset goes a long way in accomplishing a mission.

• The module deeply emphasized the importance of partnership in developing a mission-driven advocacy strategy, there is no organization that can achieve social change through advocacy unless they develop partnerships with organizations that share similar goals, and therefore looking at areas of synergies would result in a big win.

• It's amazing and constructive

• I think when doing advocacy you need to know your strengths and weaknesses and must stay focused to the mission and vision of what you are advocating for

O
    1 Reply
  • The problem highlighted by Tania in the area of getting the policies implemented by the government is one that really affects every organization, the law makers might pass rule in favour of the organization only to lay them off their neck but would find it difficult to implement that Wich they have passed in their favor.

• Ike Tanaka said, change in government might affect the work you've really put in much efforts into with the previous government. Because the in coming or new government won't see reasons with the organization to buy their idea or venture into their work

• Agreed, partnerships are very essential for advocacy as the strengths of one organisation can benefit you in achieving your goals

• Partnerships are so key to have an advocacy problem solved.

• I agree with what has been said

• I feel this module has emphasized the importance of partnering with other organizations to achieve the goal of the intended impact to bring about change.

• A very useful module on how to maintain momentum during the ‘middle of the marathon’ and how to go beyond the ‘first big win’. Too often in advocacy planning we focus on the initial win and don’t give enough attention to implementation and keeping the energy going through new tactics and partnerships.

• Wow, what influential women taking a big role in change! I greatly appreciate their insight, experiences, and expressing challenges they faced. One thing that stood out to me what how the HIV treatment products focused on male difficulties, such as baldness and erectile dysfunction, and the focus had to be moved to pediatric formulations and multi-drug resistant antibiotics. Essentially, this isn't a man's world anymore, where the treatment and struggles of men is the main concern--children are, and all other people are equally. Another factor that stood out to me was how adamant Russell and Health GAP were on encouraging others to imagine a world radically different than what it is now, and in doing so is not naive and sentimental, but is pragmatic and determined hard work. This is VERY powerful!
    Espinoza's main discussion on changing parties requiring advocacy methods to be flexible was also very insightful on how to stay on top of changing politics and power!

• There are vital lessons that I have learnt from Health GAP and WEIGO Experts that will be useful for my organization KEDDO going forward and I shall state them here below;

1. Partnerships are vital components for successful advocacy efforts. In this respect, WEIGO for instance partnered with an organization that filled in their limitations to present legal arguments before the constitutional court. In this respect, KEDDO will partner with existing organizations that specialize in the diverse neurological disabilities for in-depth knowledge on simplifying the information for the general public and influencers.
    2. I have also learnt that there are challenges that may be hardly perceived at the beginning of advocacy work from policy makers, the general public, and influencers. Nonetheless, the organization must remain mission focused in the face of this obstacles and change tact where necessary to achieve its mission.
  • Great examples and lessons on the importance of identifying the right partners for advocacy

• It is important to have an Advocacy Strategy Framework and to carry out Evaluation

• It was a bit difficult to understand but eventually you learn more as the process goes on

• both speakers Asia and the other from WIEGO have clearly stipulated the power of consistency and involving the right strategies inorder to achieve an intended goal.
    They decided to include all the government stakeholders in decision making while tabling smart guidelines and needs.

• From what the two experts shared, I learnt some significant issues: 1. Stakeholders should be equipped with sufficient knowledge of the issues to be advocated: eg: waste pickers understand their labor rights, communication skills so that they can speak on their own in negotiation, advocates analyse the issues and know the strengths of different partners to partner with; 2. Partnership is life blood of advocacy: complement with the others, extend the coverage

• English is a West Germanic language of the Indo-European language family, originally spoken by the inhabitants of early medieval England.[3][4][5] It is named after the Angles, one of the ancient Germanic peoples that migrated from Anglia, a peninsula on the Baltic Sea (not to be confused with East Anglia in England), to the area of Great Britain later named after them: England. The closest living relatives of English include Scots, followed by the Low Saxon and Frisian languages. While English is genealogically West Germanic, its vocabulary is also distinctively influenced by dialects of French (about 29% of modern English words) and Latin (also about 29%), as well as by Old Norse (a North Germanic language).[6][7][8] Speakers of English are called Anglophones.

English
    Pronunciation
    /ˈɪŋɡlɪʃ/[1]
    Ethnicity
    English people
    Anglo-Saxons (historically)
    Native speakers
    360–400 million (2006)[2]
    L2 speakers: 750 million;
    as a foreign language: 600–700 million[2]
    Language family
    Indo-European
    Germanic
    West Germanic
    North Sea Germanic
    Anglo-Frisian
    Anglic
    English
    Early forms
    Old English
    Middle English
    Early Modern English
    Writing system
    Latin (English alphabet)
    Anglo Saxon runes (historically)
    English Braille, Unified English Braille
    Signed forms
    Manually coded English
    (multiple systems)
    Official status
    Official language in
    59 countries
    27 non-sovereign entities
    Various organisations
    United Nations
    European Union
    Commonwealth of Nations
    Council of Europe

• This module was very valuable in considering the amount of necessary voices for enacting a policy or advocacy change, and that those voices can be identified and/or leveraged through partnership.

• The was so interesting and i have learnt a lot

• Yes you are right and you are going on a right path which is good indication for you

• What I understand is that you have to be mindful about when you reach a turning point in your "case". It's also important to truly understand the power and differences that minorities and victims can truly make through speaking up about an issue that is close and personal for them. The last point I want to mention is the phrase "Partnerships are the lifeblood to effective advocacy work." This statement really rung out to me, highlighting the impact that can come from reaching out for assistance. Remaining humble is a necessity in advocacy.

• I agree that combining partnership is a Key factor when dealing with such complex situations that require different expertise in order to be effective for a specific audience.

• In this module the key challenges and points which made by NGO's throughout different sectors and still the objectives were in the met. They struggle throughout the entire process which helped in achieving their goals considering the challenges they faced. In this module, the concept of working together is displayed as one of the most important assets. In unity, and complete partnership is the strength to succeed.

• Finding partners is key,but how do you know which partner is going to be the best fit.

• The module is good to guide about the importance of learning the way in which we can frequent learn the command of problems and there solutions

• It brings out the fact that we need each other and that working together takes us far. The synergy of partnering with other organisations can go a long way.

• I have got a lot lesson about advocacy from other well experienced professionals across the glob while about key pivotal of partnership in advocacy work.

• I have got a lot of lessons for experts.

• This was the hardest part for me to comprehend and i think i need to redo it for better understanding of the case studies.

• The role of partnership cannot be underrated.

• From the two cases we have witnessed that no single NGO can achieve or have a great effective advocacy on its own without collaborating with other groups or organisations. I have learned how Tanya involved Waste pickers association and WIEGO to achieve the goals of Waste pickers of being recognised as one of service providers to the public. Together, they also achieved another goal of being paid by the municipality.

• @Oguna said in Module 4 Discussion: Lessons from the Experts:

these case studies brought out the importance of partnership in advocacy

It's true. Bringing all key stakeholders at the table,to add their voices on an issue is critical in an advocacy process.

• I absolutely concur that collaborations are crucial and effective at achieving goals. Additionally, I believe that this module has demonstrated how many concerns NGO's must address simultaneously. This was proved extremely effectively using the examples of HIV/AIDS and ARVs. They had to overcome so many obstacles in order to provide underprivileged people with life-saving drugs. For the WEIGO example, they were developing the waste pickers' advocacy skills to aid them in speaking up for themselves (a sort of bottom up method), whereas for HIV/AIDS, they were using a top-down strategy in which decision makers were tasked with making crucial policy decisions to save lives. For many circumstances, both strategies can be extremely effective.

• Through this module I realized that partnership is very crucial for effective advocacy implementation.

• ADVOCACY needs partnerships since no organization can work alone

• I also agree that partnerships are key factors in affecting change. In the case of changing my local homeless shelter into a low-barrier housing option for those with substance abuse problems, it will require many partnerships between the organization itself, the City, supply companies, donors, those with lived experience and so on.

• What stood out to me the most was not only the fact that you need to stay focus on your case and build strong partnerships to reach them, but to have a long term plan that indicates the different steps you need to overcome to be succesful. In WIEGO case, having the order 275 was one step on their plan, having to negotiate the actual implementation of it was a hard challenge they have right after.

• I totally agree with your statement. It required more and more understanding and strength to accomplish upcoming obstacles for sure.

• Very much agreed. Especially having good patnerships can really help in an advocacy activity.

• I liked the part where they talked about how may lawmakers assume that the issue is over or solved when a minute or minor victory is made. They often forget about it after that so it is really important to keep your issues as relevant as you can.

• Great insight

• the importance of partnerships at different levels of strategy formulation and implementation is an undermined commodity

• I totally agree that Partnerships are a lifeblood of effective advocacy work.

• This module has reinforced the importance of partnerships in advocacy.

• What I learned from this chapter is that partnership is like the sugar that we add to our coffee morning. it's simply a chance to foster efforts with a partner to realize what we need to achieve. One hand does not clap at all.

• This is amazing and the outcome is impactful.

• To solving wicked problems in our society, it's imperative to drive partnership across the board and do deep engagements with stakeholder.

• I saw the importance of teaming up with many other companies and organizations to advance this great cause.

• Keep both of the strategies and the tactics and Monter and evaluate flexible options as much as you can !

• An informative module as how model has helped many people curing HIV/AID. For the WEIGO example they were capacity building for the waste pickers to help them advocate for themselves (a bottom up approach somewhat) for HIV/AIDS they were doing a top-down approach of having decision makers make huge policy decisions to save lives. Both tactics can work very well for different situations .
    Helped me to understand how Partnership and people coming together for bread and butter is effective in achieving organizational goals with limited interest and resources .

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.