Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• One major concern here is that even if marijuana is beneficial to veterans, the abuse is an aspect that may not be fully controlled. it sells the idea that taking marijuana is not so harmful by the way.

• @PARISSE0308 said in Module 2 Discussion: Framing the Issue:

The prohibition of “marijuana” is rooted in racism by corporate greed.
    We are nearing critical point of no return on climate change and facing economic recessions while parts of the solution to these serious problems have always been available since our ancient civilization.
    HEMP has a huge potential! Not only will it introduce more jobs but it can also make the sustainable living more accessible and increase economic viability.
    The negative stigma that still tragically clings to this holistic, herbal medicine is holding us back to reach its full potential----- from food, social mobility water and soil purification, medicinal/therapeutic medicine, to sustainable fashion and building materials. We just need strict regulation and proper methods in my opinion, so people won’t abuse and not lose the essence of this healing plant.
    Reefer syndrome has to end!

@PARISSE0308 said in Module 2 Discussion: Framing the Issue:

We are nearing critical point of no return on climate change and facing economic recessions while parts of the solution to these serious problems have always been available since our ancient civilization.
    HEMP has a huge potential! Not only will it introduce more jobs but it can also make the sustainable living more accessible and increase economic viability.
    The negative stigma that still tragically clings to this holistic, herbal medicine is holding us back to reach its full potential----- from food, social mobility water and soil purification, medicinal/therapeutic medicine, to sustainable fashion and building materials. We just need strict regulation and proper methods in my opinion, so people won’t abuse and not lose the essence of this healing plant.

Marijuana is not very bad but people are being exposed to it and there are prone to abuse.

• The non passing of the MORE Act pass to decriminalize marijuana in the United States at the federal level and getting revenue generated from taxing marijuana allocated to several agencies including those employing social workers and clients with substance abuse needs has medical marijuana that could potentially help many veterans that are suffering from PTSD is a big challenge.

• The non passing of the MORE Act pass to decriminalize marijuana in the United States at the federal level and getting revenue generated from taxing marijuana allocated to several agencies including those employing social workers and clients with substance abuse needs has medical marijuana that could potentially help many veterans that are suffering from PTSD is a big challenge.

• Non passage of the MORE Act pass to decriminalize marijuana in the United States at the federal level and getting revenue generated from taxing marijuana allocated to several agencies including those employing social workers and clients with substance abuse needs has medical marijuana that could potentially help many veterans that are suffering from PTSD is a big challenge.

• The non passing of the MORE Act pass to decriminalize marijuana in the United States at the federal level and getting revenue generated from taxing marijuana allocated to several agencies including those employing social workers and clients with substance abuse needs has medical marijuana that could potentially help many veterans that are suffering from PTSD is a big challenge.The non passing of the MORE Act pass to decriminalize marijuana in the United States at the federal level and getting revenue generated from taxing marijuana allocated to several agencies including those employing social workers and clients with substance abuse needs has medical marijuana that could potentially help many veterans that are suffering from PTSD is a big challenge.The non passing of the MORE Act pass to decriminalize marijuana in the United States at the federal level and getting revenue generated from taxing marijuana allocated to several agencies including those employing social workers and clients with substance abuse needs has medical marijuana that could potentially help many veterans that are suffering from PTSD is a big challenge.

• Girl child education should be placed as a priority.
    The idea that the girl child should not be allowed to go to school is outdated and vague.
    Funds should be pushed into ensuring every girl child is well educated.
    I love this notion.

• Girl child education should be placed as a priority.
    The idea that the girl child should not be allowed to go to school is outdated and vague.
    Funds should be pushed into ensuring every girl child is well educated.
    I love this notion.

• I do get where you are coming from. I feel I have a neutral opinion when it comes to legalizing of Majuana. I will say I do feel like its going to take allot to get marjuana legal in certain states not all. I feel if more and more states come around to legalizing marjuana then the rest of the states will follow.

• I agree instead of trying to get marijuana legal we should be trying to come together to come up wit more ways and polices that are safe for kids with disabilities going to school or who may not be able to go to school. I feel with it comes to children even people adults with disabilities it very often overlooked and I wish this is something that more people will pay attention to.

• I really like you view point on the legalization of marijuana, Although I have neutral opinion and prefer not to get involve due to personal reasons. I see how your discussion was well -written and really thought out,. I'm going to be honest If I was someone who had a say in whether or not marijuana should be legalize or not and had read this. I would of definitely took your opinion into consideration. I really enjoyed reading your post. Good Work

• The problem I am trying to solve is to ensure persons living with disabilities access equitable and timely healthcare

In my opinion, the merits goods framework would be the best advocacy approach. It addresses the importance of policy as a means to protect the vulnerable (persons living with disability/persons that are abled differently) and ensures resources are targeted towards this group.
    To reinforce this, we might want to factor in arguments that compare our countries to other countries either favorably or unfavorably to stimulate action. This is the patriotic policy frame approach. Further, the human rights framework advocates for the right to inclusion.

• In general, I do not think it is fair to humankind for others to make discissions about others. I personally do not like marijuana, but Ido have PTSD, so I do understand the need for something to help. I don't think it's my place to judge others on how they choice to cope with there's. marijuana is not something I would fight for when I feel that there is so much more going on in the world.

• i think this is framing not done correctly. because at the end of the day, framing when done rightly can solve the problem at hand

• In the Mid-West region of the USA stats had proven that most veterans who's experienced severe trauma followed by PTSD and who are under therapy got onto a much better recovery path using medical marijuana that is recognized as an efficient healer.
    That situation motivated the authorities to put the substance's commercialization under legation so they could collect taxes and then fund the mental health management dedicated to Veterans.
    The same strategy could be set into place considering all the necessary accommodations.

• @gsmith0901 said in Module 2 Discussion: Framing the Issue:

The problem I am trying to solve is helping the MORE Act pass which would decriminalize marijuana in the United States at the federal level. Revenue generated from taxing marijuana would be allocated to several agencies including those employing social workers and clients with substance abuse needs.

I have recently reached out to my U.S. Representative and sent an email requesting he consider how medical marijuana could potentially help many veterans that are suffering from PTSD. With marijuana listed as a Schedule I drug which is considered as substances, or chemicals with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Until this changes, the appropriate approval for studies are difficult to get approved and many veterans cannot participate due to the current schedule classification. I looked at his history, he is tough on drugs but tends to favor the veteran population.

@gsmith0901 said in Module 2 Discussion: Framing the Issue:

The problem I am trying to solve is helping the MORE Act pass which would decriminalize marijuana in the United States at the federal level. Revenue generated from taxing marijuana would be allocated to several agencies including those employing social workers and clients with substance abuse needs.

I have recently reached out to my U.S. Representative and sent an email requesting he consider how medical marijuana could potentially help many veterans that are suffering from PTSD. With marijuana listed as a Schedule I drug which is considered as substances, or chemicals with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Until this changes, the appropriate approval for studies are difficult to get approved and many veterans cannot participate due to the current schedule classification. I looked at his history, he is tough on drugs but tends to favor the veteran population.

@gsmith0901 said in Module 2 Discussion: Framing the Issue:

Worthy work. Given how old this post is, I'm wondering how your progress is going. The War on Drugs amounted to little more than a War on poor people - especially people of color. The desire to change one's mental state stretches back millennia and seems unlikely to change.

• For me, Identifying moments of advocacy and policy progress in reviving Nigerian tertiary education involves recognizing key milestones, such as policy reviews, budget allocations, or major education reform discussions. Strategies for motivating key people, including policymakers and stakeholders, could include showcasing successful case studies of educational revitalization, emphasizing the economic and societal benefits of a thriving higher education system, and fostering collaborations between academia, industry, and government. Understanding the power of "framing" in advocacy work means presenting the challenges in Nigerian tertiary education not only as problems but also as opportunities for growth and national development. Framing the narrative around the potential positive outcomes of revitalizing education can be a compelling strategy to garner support and drive policy progress.

• Advocacy effectiveness often hinges on strategic framing, timing, and motivation. Framing involves presenting an issue in a way that resonates with your audience's values. Timing is crucial; advocate when the issue is relevant and attention is high. Motivation is driven by clearly communicating the impact and urgency, inspiring action. Successful advocacy combines these elements for maximum impact.
    Very informative indeed

• the best topic ever

• Tremendous results! What has been the most successful part of your advocacy strategy? How did you approach people who believe that early childhood marriage is culturally appropriate and is a coping mechanism for families in poverty? Has there been any programs which support communities in identifying alternative coping mechanisms? I'd be very interested in knowing the most effective tactics you've used.

• Wow, Thank you for your careful and well thought ideas.

• The problem I am trying to solve is helping to pass the 2024 Affordable Connectivity Program Extension Act. The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides a $30 subsidy toward internet costs for low-income households. The program currently serves over 20 million households, but is set to run out of funding early this year - potentially by April.

I have recently been doing outreach to both our congressional representatives and our senators, as there will be bills presented in both the House and the Senate in the next week or so. I have also been reaching out to our partners in digital equity work to have them sign on to an organizational petition that will be presented to the House, Senate, and White House in support of the bills. We have included client stories regarding the success of the ACP program in allowing them to be connected to their families and communities as a way to frame the importance of the bills' passage.

• Your initiative to promote the MORE Act, linking it to potential benefits for veterans with PTSD, is strategic. Addressing the Schedule I classification obstacle for medical marijuana research adds a crucial layer to your argument. Tailoring your message to align with your representative's history, emphasizing support for veterans, demonstrates a thoughtful approach. It's an effective way to build bridges and garner support. Keep highlighting the social and health aspects tied to marijuana decriminalization, as it strengthens the case for both policy change and the allocation of tax revenue for essential services. Well done.

• Well through detailed & systematic analysis.
    Thanks !

• I agree! Because of legalization on a state level, it has really confused opportunities for reliable data and inconsistencies in policies and laws from state to state have had similar impacts on data. I think this is some of the problems we have seen with the public understanding the real risks that are involved with increasing access to dangerous substances, certainly contributing to social norms and decreased perceptions of harm.

• Accepting the use of drug may result into a problem to US Citizens since they will come to know where to get it pretending that it is for medical use.

• For me if we are using as a drug it fine but if it has negative effect like increasing substance abuse it has damage in the nation. But we need to effectively monitor its effect.

• The problem i want to solve is changing the mindset of ruling party supporters as they even support bad decision made by current presendent, just because they belong to the same political party. How can I do it?

• I'm not familiar with the MORE Act and its networking, but representation within the US government would be highly beneficial, especially if you choose the right timing to propose changes, considering you already possess motivation. Perhaps utilizing "Diffusion" as a tactical approach could be effective, ensuring that people are informed about your project, its benefits, and how it will be implemented. Additionally, employing "Large Leaps" as a global approach can help develop your own opportunities as soon as the right timing/policy window opens.

• The issue of "discrimination of marijuana" can be framed as the unequal treatment, stigmatization, or prejudice faced by individuals or communities in relation to marijuana use, possession, or involvement in the marijuana industry. This discrimination can manifest in various ways, including legal penalties, social marginalization, employment discrimination, and disparities in law enforcement practices.

It is important to note that the perception and legal status of marijuana vary across jurisdictions, and attitudes towards marijuana have evolved over time. While some regions have legalized or decriminalized marijuana for medical or recreational use, others still consider it illegal. Consequently, the extent and nature of discrimination related to marijuana can differ depending on the legal and societal context.

To address the issue of discrimination related to marijuana, it is essential to consider factors such as:

Legal reforms: Advocate for changes in legislation to ensure fair and equitable treatment of individuals involved in marijuana-related activities. This may involve advocating for the decriminalization or legalization of marijuana, as well as the establishment of regulations that protect individuals' rights and prevent discriminatory practices.

Public education and awareness: Promote education and awareness campaigns to challenge stereotypes, misconceptions, and stigmas surrounding marijuana use. These efforts can help foster informed discussions and reduce prejudice and discrimination towards individuals who use marijuana responsibly or work in the marijuana industry.

Employment and housing protections: Advocate for policies that protect individuals from discrimination based on their marijuana use or involvement in the industry. This can involve pushing for laws that prevent employers from discriminating against job applicants or employees based solely on their marijuana use in jurisdictions where it is legal or regulated. Similarly, advocating for housing protections can help prevent individuals from facing eviction or housing discrimination due to their marijuana use or industry involvement.

Criminal justice reform: Address disparities in law enforcement practices related to marijuana offenses. This can involve advocating for the equitable enforcement of marijuana laws and the reduction of harsh penalties for non-violent marijuana-related offenses. Additionally, promoting alternatives to incarceration, such as diversion programs or treatment-focused approaches, can help reduce the negative consequences of criminalization.

Equity in the marijuana industry: Promote policies and initiatives that foster equity and inclusion within the marijuana industry. This can involve measures such as providing support and resources for individuals from marginalized communities to participate in the legal marijuana market, promoting social equity programs, and ensuring fair access to licensing and business opportunities.

It is important to emphasize that the framing and approach to addressing the issue of discrimination related to marijuana may differ depending on the legal and social context. Understanding local laws, cultural factors, and the specific challenges faced by affected communities is crucial for developing effective strategies to combat discrimination and promote fairness and equality.

Advocacy is a powerful tool for motivating and persuading policymakers and legislators. When engaging in advocacy efforts to promote the accessibility of affordable eye care services, consider the following strategies:

Build relationships: Establishing relationships with policymakers and legislators is crucial. Take the time to understand their priorities, values, and concerns. Attend public meetings, community events, or legislative sessions to introduce yourself and express your commitment to the cause. Regularly communicate with them through emails, letters, or in-person meetings to provide updates, share information, and seek their support.

Provide evidence-based information: Back your advocacy efforts with reliable data and evidence. Compile research studies, reports, and statistics that demonstrate the importance of eye care accessibility and its impact on public health and well-being. Present this information in a clear and concise manner, highlighting key findings and implications. This evidence will help strengthen your arguments and make a compelling case for action.

Share personal stories and testimonials: Personal stories have a powerful impact on policymakers and legislators. Collect and share stories of individuals who have experienced the challenges of limited eye care accessibility. Highlight how timely access to affordable eye care services has positively transformed lives, improved educational outcomes, or restored productivity. Personal narratives create an emotional connection and can be influential in motivating policymakers to take action.

Engage a diverse coalition: Collaboration with a diverse coalition of stakeholders can amplify your advocacy efforts. Seek partnerships with eye care professionals, patient advocacy groups, community organizations, and other relevant entities. A united front demonstrates broad support for the cause and increases the likelihood of policymakers taking notice. Coordinate joint advocacy campaigns, sign-on letters, or public events to showcase the collective voice advocating for improved eye care accessibility.

Utilize media and public relations: Leverage the power of media and public relations to raise awareness and generate public support. Write op-eds or letters to the editor for local newspapers, share press releases, and engage with journalists to highlight the importance of eye care accessibility and the need for policy changes. Utilize social media platforms to disseminate information, share success stories, and engage with policymakers directly. Public pressure and attention can influence policymakers to prioritize the issue.

Mobilize grassroots action: Mobilize your supporters and community members to actively engage in advocacy efforts. Encourage them to contact their elected officials, attend town hall meetings, or join advocacy campaigns. Provide them with resources, talking points, and templates to effectively communicate their support for improving eye care accessibility. The collective voice of constituents can be persuasive and impactful.

Offer feasible solutions: Present policymakers with actionable and feasible solutions to improve eye care accessibility. Provide concrete policy recommendations, cost estimates, and implementation strategies. Show how these solutions align with existing initiatives or policies and demonstrate their potential effectiveness. Policymakers are more likely to support proposals that are practical, evidence-based, and align with their legislative priorities.

Remember to adapt your advocacy strategies to the specific context and needs of your target audience. By employing these strategies, you can effectively motivate and persuade policymakers and legislators to prioritize and take action towards improving the accessibility of affordable eye care services.

• The issue of "discrimination of marijuana" can be framed as the unequal treatment, stigmatization, or prejudice faced by individuals or communities in relation to marijuana use, possession, or involvement in the marijuana industry. This discrimination can manifest in various ways, including legal penalties, social marginalization, employment discrimination, and disparities in law enforcement practices.

It is important to note that the perception and legal status of marijuana vary across jurisdictions, and attitudes towards marijuana have evolved over time. While some regions have legalized or decriminalized marijuana for medical or recreational use, others still consider it illegal. Consequently, the extent and nature of discrimination related to marijuana can differ depending on the legal and societal context.

To address the issue of discrimination related to marijuana, it is essential to consider factors such as:

Legal reforms: Advocate for changes in legislation to ensure fair and equitable treatment of individuals involved in marijuana-related activities. This may involve advocating for the decriminalization or legalization of marijuana, as well as the establishment of regulations that protect individuals' rights and prevent discriminatory practices.

Public education and awareness: Promote education and awareness campaigns to challenge stereotypes, misconceptions, and stigmas surrounding marijuana use. These efforts can help foster informed discussions and reduce prejudice and discrimination towards individuals who use marijuana responsibly or work in the marijuana industry.

Employment and housing protections: Advocate for policies that protect individuals from discrimination based on their marijuana use or involvement in the industry. This can involve pushing for laws that prevent employers from discriminating against job applicants or employees based solely on their marijuana use in jurisdictions where it is legal or regulated. Similarly, advocating for housing protections can help prevent individuals from facing eviction or housing discrimination due to their marijuana use or industry involvement.

Criminal justice reform: Address disparities in law enforcement practices related to marijuana offenses. This can involve advocating for the equitable enforcement of marijuana laws and the reduction of harsh penalties for non-violent marijuana-related offenses. Additionally, promoting alternatives to incarceration, such as diversion programs or treatment-focused approaches, can help reduce the negative consequences of criminalization.

Equity in the marijuana industry: Promote policies and initiatives that foster equity and inclusion within the marijuana industry. This can involve measures such as providing support and resources for individuals from marginalized communities to participate in the legal marijuana market, promoting social equity programs, and ensuring fair access to licensing and business opportunities.

It is important to emphasize that the framing and approach to addressing the issue of discrimination related to marijuana may differ depending on the legal and social context. Understanding local laws, cultural factors, and the specific challenges faced by affected communities is crucial for developing effective strategies to combat discrimination and promote fairness and equality.

Advocacy is a powerful tool for motivating and persuading policymakers and legislators. When engaging in advocacy efforts to promote the accessibility of affordable eye care services, consider the following strategies:

Build relationships: Establishing relationships with policymakers and legislators is crucial. Take the time to understand their priorities, values, and concerns. Attend public meetings, community events, or legislative sessions to introduce yourself and express your commitment to the cause. Regularly communicate with them through emails, letters, or in-person meetings to provide updates, share information, and seek their support.

Provide evidence-based information: Back your advocacy efforts with reliable data and evidence. Compile research studies, reports, and statistics that demonstrate the importance of eye care accessibility and its impact on public health and well-being. Present this information in a clear and concise manner, highlighting key findings and implications. This evidence will help strengthen your arguments and make a compelling case for action.

Share personal stories and testimonials: Personal stories have a powerful impact on policymakers and legislators. Collect and share stories of individuals who have experienced the challenges of limited eye care accessibility. Highlight how timely access to affordable eye care services has positively transformed lives, improved educational outcomes, or restored productivity. Personal narratives create an emotional connection and can be influential in motivating policymakers to take action.

Engage a diverse coalition: Collaboration with a diverse coalition of stakeholders can amplify your advocacy efforts. Seek partnerships with eye care professionals, patient advocacy groups, community organizations, and other relevant entities. A united front demonstrates broad support for the cause and increases the likelihood of policymakers taking notice. Coordinate joint advocacy campaigns, sign-on letters, or public events to showcase the collective voice advocating for improved eye care accessibility.

Utilize media and public relations: Leverage the power of media and public relations to raise awareness and generate public support. Write op-eds or letters to the editor for local newspapers, share press releases, and engage with journalists to highlight the importance of eye care accessibility and the need for policy changes. Utilize social media platforms to disseminate information, share success stories, and engage with policymakers directly. Public pressure and attention can influence policymakers to prioritize the issue.

Mobilize grassroots action: Mobilize your supporters and community members to actively engage in advocacy efforts. Encourage them to contact their elected officials, attend town hall meetings, or join advocacy campaigns. Provide them with resources, talking points, and templates to effectively communicate their support for improving eye care accessibility. The collective voice of constituents can be persuasive and impactful.

Offer feasible solutions: Present policymakers with actionable and feasible solutions to improve eye care accessibility. Provide concrete policy recommendations, cost estimates, and implementation strategies. Show how these solutions align with existing initiatives or policies and demonstrate their potential effectiveness. Policymakers are more likely to support proposals that are practical, evidence-based, and align with their legislative priorities.

Remember to adapt your advocacy strategies to the specific context and needs of your target audience. By employing these strategies, you can effectively motivate and persuade policymakers and legislators to prioritize and take action towards improving the accessibility of affordable eye care services.

• The timing for this legislation and your advocacy for it has only gotten better since you posted. Now with more and more states (red and blue alike) legalizing marijuana, you have early adopters who can help shift the norms. However, unless you have a particular connection to your representative, you may want to look into tactics that involve partnerships and coalition building. That can help amplify your voice beyond the email.

• The MORE Act, aimed at decriminalizing marijuana at the federal level, is a commendable initiative. To maximize its impact, it is crucial to frame the issue by emphasizing the human impact of current policies, challenging misconceptions, appealing to values like patriotism and duty, and tailoring the message to the U.S. Representative's priorities. Emphasizing the potential therapeutic benefits of medical marijuana for veterans with PTSD, and the MORE Act's potential to address substance abuse issues, can increase the likelihood of garnering support for the MORE Act and contribute to positive change in federal marijuana policies.

• The advocacy for the MORE Act and decriminalization of marijuana at the federal level is commendable, especially for veterans with PTSD. To maximize impact, frame the issue by emphasizing the human impact of current policies, challenging misconceptions, appealing to values like patriotism, duty, and compassion, and tailoring the message to the representative's priorities. Emphasize the potential therapeutic benefits of medical marijuana for veterans with PTSD, and how the MORE Act can provide alternative treatment options while generating revenue for substance abuse prevention and treatment programs. By framing your efforts in a way that resonates with your U.S. Representative, you can increase the likelihood of garnering their support for the MORE Act and contribute to positive change in federal marijuana policy.

• Ok, I could like to know how framing the issue can be applied in a localized problem such as 'early marriage'

• I think there is a valid need for placing measures that come with the declassification due to the high rate of addiction among users. Is there a way that it can be done so that only doctors can prescribe and not used for recreation. It has for a long time been a gateway drug and even though it will be useful to veterans what steps will be put in place to reduce the prediliction to addiction.

• This is exactly what i have thought and it can understand why it would be easy to compare the 2. Instead of selling a product, we are attempting to "sell" an idea by persuading a person or group.

• iit is a problem a farmer faces at the end of all agricultural activity. This is why we have also mentioned it in the end. But don’t judge the importance of this problem by its position.

We often see in the news that farmers thrown their crops on roads just because no one purchased it.

Due to the absence of mandi houses and proper market places, farmers are not able to sell their crops and get a reasonable price. In this situation, they have to look for a middleman and local traders for business.

These middlemen don’t provide a reasonable price for their crops, and hence farmers are bound to either sell crops at a lower price or just throw at the roads.

• this is really nice an di love the process but maybe if you brought significant change things in the communities that would be wider impacted like if this goes threw it would fund better wages for government workers as well as teachers and police officers thus creating a legion of followers and or supporters in that market pushing you on too victory, and not omit the other but add to those parties that would be benefiting and also0 show how it could impact different organizations that deal with organics and wellness for a cleaner and more viable atmosphere always make your persuasive cause about there cause as well, sorry if ive said to much but to convince others its like you have to not only make yourself happy but others too and basically this is customer service and writing a persuasive paragraph in detail, i love this course and forgive me if i have said to much... im new here but this is literally helping me and my case so much

• **OMG IM HAVING THE HARDEST TIME I BELIOEVE THE LIGHT BULB CAME ON HOWEVER ITS LIKE IM PUTTING TERMINOLOGY TO MY NATURAL THOUGHT PROCESS THIS CLASS IS SO ENLIGHTENING THANKS SO MUCH I HAVE BEEN ON THE RICHARD BRANDON COLEMAN CSE AND IT HAS PROMPTED ME TO GO TO SCHOOL SO I COULD CREAT THE STRUCTURE OF RESOLVE FOR THIS CASE I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH NO LISCENCE CREATING RESOLVE FOR FAMILIES IN MY SPARE TIME LITERALLY JUST AS A SIDE HUSTLE FOR ME AND MY 3 DAUGHTERS BUT THIS HAS TRUELY PROPELLED ME INTO A DREAM AND A LIFE OF KNOWLEDGE THAT WAS BORN IN ME THANK YOU FOR ADDING CLARITY TO THE BRAIN MADNESS I TAKE OF FOR RESOLVE FOR PEOPLE NOW THIS FRAMING IS SO COOL IVE BEEN DOING FRAMING AND HAD NO IDEA THATTHATS WHAT IT WAS CALLED, IM A MIZZ FRIZZLE BUT I GET THE JOB DONE BARE WITH ME ALL IVE NOT BEEN IN COLLEGE OR CLASS FOR TWENTY SOMETHING YEARS SO BE SAFE AND IN GOING TO THE NEXT PART.

• The problem I am trying to advocate against is the growing GBV exaggerated by economic stress in Northern Bahr el Ghazal, South Sudan. I want to see that both women and men are empowered economically through access to skill training and access to microfinance loans.

I also want to see that people in rural areas are aware of the dangers of GBV and that they can take part in the campaign against GBV, intervene and report cases of GBV, and be aware of all the available GBV services and the referral pathway. Lastly, I want the state government to formulate a coherent GBV policy that identifies all causes and indirect causes of GBV, provides modalities to address them, outlines the rehabilitation support for the GBV victims, and accountability to the GBV prepetrators.

• @leonard_ondigo said in Module 2 Discussion: Framing the Issue:

I have little knowledge about the MORE pass Act neither have i studied the merits and demerits of consuming Marijuana. However, from your deductions, it seems you have established though not strongly so, that marijuana can help to deal with PSTD among the veterans. That can really be a good project for advocacy however, the main challenge is the legalization of Marijuana.
    To ensure medical marijuana is legalized, there has to be a tactical approach hence I suggests the use of a tactical theory. The most suitable theory is "media influence", since we live in the error of social and mainstream media, getting the discussions running through the media platforms would be convenient method of advocacy. People will get to learn more about medical marijuana and its health benefits, and when people have changed their perspective about the issue, even the legislators will be compelled to make the change. So the change begins by persuading the people and not the legislators because the legislators are the representative of what the people stand for

@leonard_ondigo said in Module 2 Discussion: Framing the Issue:

I have little knowledge about the MORE pass Act neither have i studied the merits and demerits of consuming Marijuana. However, from your deductions, it seems you have established though not strongly so, that marijuana can help to deal with PSTD among the veterans. That can really be a good project for advocacy however, the main challenge is the legalization of Marijuana.
    To ensure medical marijuana is legalized, there has to be a tactical approach hence I suggests the use of a tactical theory. The most suitable theory is "media influence", since we live in the error of social and mainstream media, getting the discussions running through the media platforms would be convenient method of advocacy. People will get to learn more about medical marijuana and its health benefits, and when people have changed their perspective about the issue, even the legislators will be compelled to make the change. So the change begins by persuading the people and not the legislators because the legislators are the representative of what the people stand for

@Blacka said in Module 2 Discussion: Framing the Issue:

The best framing tto consider in such regard is the human rights frame which will help to inform policy makers that individuals are at liberty to engage in any activity whatsoever

@Selaseatsriku360 said in Module 2 Discussion: Framing the Issue:

I want to advocate for a more regulated way of gambling in Ghana.
    The timing of this could be a bit dicey but anyone to help?

@bwamubeyi said in Module 2 Discussion: Framing the Issue:

To me, stakeholder analyses is a key step before framing. Otherwise one might leave out the right target and end up framing a less priority one. But I stand to be corrected.

Indeed stakeholder analysis is crucial to understanding the kind of audience to engage and even understanding key decision makers.

• I want to see my state always consider gender-responsive education sector plans in making education-related decision in the state. I want to see more girls have access to safe, free, and quality education and are encouraged to stay in school, reducing the rate of early marriages or child marriages in the state. I also want to see that the state government factor in transparency and accountability in education budgeting in the state.

• What I understand about framing is how we get our message across to our listeners on the issues we are advocating.

• i agree fully

• I have heard the arguments for decriminalizing marijuana. I grew up in a place plagued by this endemic. I am also the son of Army Vet, brother of a police officer, the uncle to two prison correction officers, and the father of a daughter currently serving in the Airforce. I, myself, was a professional athlete and is classified disabled. I understand pain, anxiety and other ailments that come from a stressful, dangerous and competitive environment. However, I absolutely see no need for the legalization of MJ. A large portion of my life has been spent watching best friends, teammates, loved ones, and associate's lives crumble to the point of no return. There are other natural alternatives for pain, emotionally and physically, that can be administered just as effectively without the negative habitual effect of Marijuana. With that being said, I can make the case that those that are caught using, depending on the amount, should not serve extensive jail time.

• Good Health is Wealth, Therefore, Without a good Health system in schools leads to less productivity of a country at a certain period of time, As to framing my problem; Due to high numbers of students from different backgrounds that converge in one place makes it easy for any outbreak to thrust as fast as possible but in cases where the authorities such as the District Health and education offices have a clear system that monitors the health status of students within schools can tremendously reduce on such shocks for example Covid19. With a strong health management system in schools will help both school administrator and parents to be a ware of the students health status and respond with right measure and in the right time.

• I really liked it.

• smoking a joint is better than the treatments provided by the State for post-traumatic stress.
    Up to 22 war veterans commit suicide every day.Medicating with weed could help mitigate the problem

• Framing the issue effectively is crucial in garnering support, raising awareness, and mobilizing action to address the problem of promoting underperforming pupils at NAFOWA Little Angel Kaduna.

• Shifting from what an advocate wants to say and what the recipient needs to hear, I believe, can often be crucial for success or failure. I often see advocacy efforts only speak about perceived benefits, and neglecting to address possibly other conflicting values, loyalties, and losses. For example advocating for preserving nature is easy to agree on when viewed in isolation. If on the other hand, other groups are advocating for establishing factories or hotels and thus increasing employment and revenue, such conflicting interests or even simple insecurities might have to be addressed too.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.