Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Hello Everyone! My name is Shivay Shakti and I am studying at TISS. I welcome you all on board. Hope we will be able to learn some practical skills and grow our ventures. Really excited to be a part of such awesome and experienced community.

1 Reply
  • Hello All
    I am Ravi Shankar Kumar working in IT firm and willing to start own business in digital technologies, customer services and do more market research with help of this community.

1 Reply
  • @nilanjan said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@nilanjan said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hey everyone !!
    My name is Nilanjan and I am from the Financial Capital of India, the Mayanagri, Mumbai. I work with a chemicals manufacturing firm in their corporate strategy department. My roles and responsibilities in my current job revolve around Data Analytics, Project Management and Business Feasibility studies (Organic / Non organic ventures). I have joined this community to interact with the people who work with various NGO's or are a part of one, to know more about their funding strategies, growth plans, etc and be associated with them to utilize the skills that i have gained (by may be being an external consultant) . About my experience in this sector, I have worked with an NGO in the past whose area of interest was the education of the underprivileged children as a project co-ordinator for their Science project.
    To know more about me , Nilanjan Chaudhuri

Awesome! Great to have you here Nilanjan :)

Sounds like you have a fascinating background between both the for-profit sector (working in the corporate strategy department at a chemicals manufacturing firm) and the non-profit sector. When you mention joining this community to learn more about "funding strategies, growth plans, etc", does this mean you're thinking of starting your own NGO?

I am thinking more from a Social Entrepreneurship perspective - being an end to end consultant for the NGO's or the CSR function of the firms.

A great plan indeed! As I'm sure you've already looked into this, are there any resources out there on these topics that you've found useful?

• @ajuarif said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone

Hi everyone

Welcome @ajuarif ! Great to have you here. Where in India are you from? What is your role at Shell?

• @shivay said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello Everyone! My name is Shivay Shakti and I am studying at TISS. I welcome you all on board. Hope we will be able to learn some practical skills and grow our ventures. Really excited to be a part of such awesome and experienced community.

Welcome Shivay! What are you currently studying at TISS? Do you have a venture of your own?

• @kumarravi007 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello All
    I am Ravi Shankar Kumar working in IT firm and willing to start own business in digital technologies, customer services and do more market research with help of this community.

Wonderful, welcome Ravi! Sounds like a really exciting plan that you have. Have you signed up for any courses to help with this great goal?

• Hi Friends,

This is Vijaykumar CS. I live in Bengaluru and worked for MNCs in Africa region for last 10 years. I would love to be in contact with Old age homes, Orphanages and do Seva with whatever best possible.

I was in contact with some orphanages in countries like, Uganda & Nigeria.

1 Reply
  • @vijaycs said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Friends,

This is Vijaykumar CS. I live in Bengaluru and worked for MNCs in Africa region for last 10 years. I would love to be in contact with Old age homes, Orphanages and do Seva with whatever best possible.

Welcome Vijaykumar!

What sort of work were you doing while working in Africa for the last 10 years? What work are you doing now?

If you're interested in identifying opportunities with orphanages, I would encourage you to join the Nigeria or Uganda Communities and posting a topic seeing if anyone there has any suggestion of opportunities :)

• Hi Guys,

I am Kuldeep from New Delhi. I am development practitioner & recently completed my PhD is sociology. Learning from others on community development processes is my passion i am interested to immerse on subject of social life/behavior in urban slums and role of horizontal CBOs (community based organizations) and faith based organisations (FBOs)..i feel diversity brings great wealth of knowledge in this community & looking forward for collaborative learning.best

1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the India community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hello I'm Dharmathing Chiphang from Ukhrul, Manipur. As for I'm not working as I'm not associated with any organization but I wish to learn from and equipped through this platform. Thank you!

1 Reply
  • @vijaycs said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Friends,

Welcome Vijaykumar! Can you share some more about your interest in connecting with old age homes and orphanages?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Indian CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

P
    1 Reply
  • @kuldeepeha said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Guys,

I am Kuldeep from New Delhi. I am development practitioner & recently completed my PhD is sociology. Learning from others on community development processes is my passion i am interested to immerse on subject of social life/behavior in urban slums and role of horizontal CBOs (community based organizations) and faith based organisations (FBOs)..i feel diversity brings great wealth of knowledge in this community & looking forward for collaborative learning.best

Wonderful, welcome Kuldeep! Super fascinating that you are approaching the topic of CBOs and FBOs from an academic perspective. Are you interested in these sorts of organizations just from an theoretical perspective or are you also looking to work with them?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Indian CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

1 Reply
  • @farell said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the India community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hello I'm Dharmathing Chiphang from Ukhrul, Manipur. As for I'm not working as I'm not associated with any organization but I wish to learn from and equipped through this platform. Thank you!

Welcome Dharmathing! You don't have to be working to be welcome here, of course. What topics in particular are you looking to learn more about? What are your goals for that learning?

• I am 61-year young and do supplementary teaching for underprivileged kids of grades 8 to 10. I am based at New Delhi, India and I teach Math and Science. I am also associated with some social sector organisations that focus on education of underprivileged kids.

@kuldeepeha said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Guys,

Wonderful, welcome Kuldeep! Super fascinating that you are approaching the topic of CBOs and FBOs from an academic perspective. Are you interested in these sorts of organizations just from an theoretical perspective or are you also looking to work with them?

Hi Jason I am passionate to grow my understanding on CBOs so I am very interested to connect with all NGOs (CSOs).. who are working alongside communities -CBOs, i am engaged heavily in capacity building of CBOs across in India, Bangladesh..so would love to grow my understanding in human capital, social capital... I have resources which I could share after taking consent of my organization but I am interested to combine my theoretical and practical skill to empower CBOs. My watsapp no is 9818074736

• Namaste ! Greetings from Pune, a city in India.I am Asha and I have joined to bring a change in government policies and society for the senior citizens. I want each one of you in this community to help me bring a change in the policies of govt. by giving your valuable inputs and support. To help Senior Citizens live safely and respectfully without fear of physical, social, psychological, financial and sexual abuse.

@vijaycs said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Friends,

Welcome Vijaykumar! Can you share some more about your interest in connecting with old age homes and orphanages?

Hi Vijay, I would like to bring about a change in the life of senior citizens by proposing pension for all and not for the name sake enough to survive and afford two square meals with provision for free medical aid. Looking forward to learn more from your experience. I invite you to join my team.

@parakhdvaibhav said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Namaste! Greetings from India. I am Vaibhav Parakh and I co-founded an NGO based out of New Delhi—Samadhan Abhiyan—which works primarily in the space of child sexual abuse. I am here to explore this space and meet people who are passionate about making a change in the society; and through such communities, I would like to know more about best practices across domains/sector.

Looking forward to an exciting journey!

Namaste Vaibhav! Great to have you here :)

Can you share some more about your organization Samadhan Abhiyan? What sort or programs or services does it provide?
    Namaste Vaibhav! I would be looking forward to learn from you as today in India Senior Citizens are also target of sexual abuse and how to help them by campaigning for their well being.

Hi everyone,

Hi Everyone
    Greetings
    I am Simmi Garg. I belongs to Delhi, India. I am associated with an NGO Sahyog Care For You as a president, which works for education and livelihood for Children, Youth and Women. I want to enhance my knowledge and my learning. According to me this is the best platform to sharp your skills and learning. My main aim to give back to the society by working for the community.

A
    1 Reply

Hi everyone,

Asha from Pune. I agree with you that it is a plateform to learn ABCD of NGO Workings. I have worked with Jason as beta learner after completing my social leadership. Helping Gharonda-A trust for helping elders.Presently doing course in Advocacy ,that will conclude in July'18.

R
    1 Reply
  • Hi Everyone, my name is Kamo Duomai. I'm from Nagaland,North East part of India. I'm working in an NGO called Pro Rural based in Dimapur Nagaland. We also worked in Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh. North East as of today is the most neglected part in the Country and many are not aware of this part of the country. Nevertheless the people out here are very warm and friendly. But due to various reasons, the region is poor and poorly developed neglected by the power and the people in charge. We are working in the field of environment-mostly on segregation and composting of waste, Entrepreneurship development-mostly on self starting for economic enhancement for poor family, Education and advocacy on the rights and entitlements, engaging the single mother, unemployed youths and school/college dropouts etc.
    I hope to meet some interesting people here and also prospective donors/supporters for our cause . Thank you.

• Namaste from me to you all from Peru. I wish to join this community because in January I am going to live in India and I hope that I can make connections and friends so we can co-create a better world together as a team. I am from England and 3 years ago left a long career in the ICT industry where I helped launch various silicon valley networking and security start-ups. I decided after a long period of life-changing circumstances that I had to live a life in the service of others and to that end gave everything away and started on this most interesting of journies. In January I will be on my way to Panchgani to volunteer with Initiatives of Change www.iofc.org I go there via Mumbai and Pune so if you happen to be in near those places please extend a friendly hand of welcome. In Peru I have been helping vulnerable children, working with street children with substance abuse issues and Orphans. I run a community education campaign on environmental and social justice, issues and solutions. I am a passionate advocate for change, starting with the change from within. You can see a little of what I have been doing along with my wife here https://www.facebook.com/munayandki/?modal=admin_todo_tour please contact me at munayandki@gmail.com

1 Reply
  • Hello Everybody,

I am Prateek Agarwal from New Delhi.
    Currently working with Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India as an Consultant.
    I love networking and meet with new people.
    A geek who loves to people laugh and smile.

• Hello,
    I am K D Sharma Sustainable Textile Professional from Dehradun Uttarakhand India. Currently working with rural women of Uttarakhand to improve their livelihoods using natural resources to making carbon neutral handloom and Handicraft. I am also volunteering to Dev Uk foundation for gender equality, women empowerment, children development, Old age care and Environment protection

• @mattperry said in Introduce yourself to the community -India:

Namaste from me to you all from Peru. I wish to join this community because in January I am going to live in India and I hope that I can make connections and friends so we can co-create a better world together as a team. I am from England and 3 years ago left a long career in the ICT industry where I helped launch various silicon valley networking and security start-ups. I decided after a long period of life-changing circumstances that I had to live a life in the service of others and to that end gave everything away and started on this most interesting of journies. In January I will be on my way to Panchgani to volunteer with Initiatives of Change www.iofc.org I go there via Mumbai and Pune so if you happen to be in near those places please extend a friendly hand of welcome. In Peru I have been helping vulnerable children, working with street children with substance abuse issues and Orphans. I run a community education campaign on environmental and social justice, issues and solutions. I am a passionate advocate for change, starting with the change from within. You can see a little of what I have been doing along with my wife here https://www.facebook.com/munayandki/?modal=admin_todo_tour please contact me at munayandki@gmail.com

We are on the same page to work for society, to whom we are indebted for what we are today. Suggest you to Uttarakhand. It is 200 km from Delhi, But you will have all new experience another India within India. I love to meet you in Dehradun Or we will remain in touch at devukf.kd@gmail.com

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community -India:

Hi everyone,

Hi Everyone
    My name is Simmi Garg, President Sahyog Care For You NGO.
    We are working for education and livelihood with the children women and youth of the community from 2002. For children we are working for formal and non formal education, child leadership, girl child education and conducting sessions on child sexual abuse.
    With youth we are providing them skill development training like computer basic and advance, beautician, stitching, retail management, BPO and so on.. after completion of these courses we conduct job fairs and make a practice to retain them
    With women Women Literacy centres, SHGs, Copy binding, Sanitary napkins manufacturing unit....conducting sessions on menstruation and hygiene, PNDT Act, Health and hygiene, Bal Vivah(Child marriage) and Mahila Panchayat .

• I am K D Sharma(https://www.linkedin.com/in/k-d-sharma/) from devuk foundation Dehradun Uttarakahnd. Our foundation is working for Gender neutral society by women empowerment, Child development, livelihood support training to disadvantageous section of society, creating pool of retired professional to skill transfer for mentoring young entrepreneur, clean environment.
    I joined this community to collaborate with like minded people, organisation to serve wider section of society.

• My name is Ankush Sharma Iam from Jammu and Kashmir as the all indian knows that Jammu and Kashmir is disturbed area so I want to do something for my society and India to grow my state and my country iam jobless civil engineer and not economically and financially so strong but one day I will do something for my society .. thank you

• Myself Pravesh Pandey and I'm from maharashtra. I am a second year engineering student at university of Mumbai

P
    1 Reply
  • @Pandeypravesh79 said in Introduce yourself to the community -India:

Myself Pravesh Pandey and I'm from maharashtra. I am a second year engineering student at university of Mumbai

I joined this course as I want to do something for the society as well as a start a venture.

• @Pandeypravesh79 said in Introduce yourself to the community -India:

@Pandeypravesh79 said in Introduce yourself to the community -India:

Myself Pravesh Pandey and I'm from maharashtra. I am a second year engineering student at university of Mumbai

I joined this course as I want to do something for the society as well as a start a venture.

You can connect with me on LinkedIn
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/pravesh-pandey-1a4554137

• Hello Pravesh I am Anita Nautiyal from Uttarakhand running a school after school for underprivileged society. Do visit our website www.greengurukulam.org

• Namaskar to All
    I am Sandeep. I live in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
    I am working for Latika Roy Memorial Foundation, NGO working for children and young adults with delays or disabilities. www.latikaroy.org
    My role is of a project manager working closely with children, their families and staff.
    Looking forward for learning and sharing from the group

1 Reply
  • @SandeepLRF said in Introduce yourself to the community -India:

Namaskar to All
    I am Sandeep. I live in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
    I am working for Latika Roy Memorial Foundation, NGO working for children and young adults with delays or disabilities. www.latikaroy.org
    My role is of a project manager working closely with children, their families and staff.
    Looking forward for learning and sharing from the group

Hi Sandeep I am also from India and run an informal school after school in the mountains of Uttarakhand. www.greengurukulam.org

• Hi Everyone !!!

I am Nidhi from Delhi. I am working with Tech Mahindra foundation in the space of skill development. I am here to learn about M&E Procedures so as to use them for my organization.

• Hello everyone, I'm Jessica from Mumbai. I am an educator by profession and a part time designer too. I have been volunteering and been part of various social outreach programmes since the past five years now. Currently a mentor to a 11 year old through MentormeIndia. I wish to develop a better understanding with a view of having an effective framework in place soon that will enable underprivileged pupils to focus on and equip them with the necessary exposure and resources required to build the right skill at the right time.

• Hello Everyone, I m Shubham Jain, I m currently a Bachelor of Engineering Student, Studying in Bhilai, Chattisgarh, India. I have been involved in many activities in different colleges in India like IIM ROHTAK, IIT DELHI, BITS PILLANI.
    I have gained a lot of experience though working with there organization and now want to gain more. I have a habit of learning everyday. About my experience in this field i have worked for many social groups and few NGO's.

• Hi, Everyone,
    I'm Delphin, from Tamil Nadu.
    Working as a project director in a NGO.
    Happy to see u all here. Need your support and sharing.
    Thank you.

• Hi, Everyone,
    I'm Delphin, from Tamil Nadu.
    Working as a project director in a NGO.
    Happy to see u all here. Need your support and sharing.
    Thank you.

• Hi Everyone,

I am Satyam from Mumbai working for United Way Mumbai and I'm here to learn more about the social sector and to network with people working in the social sector for knowledge sharing.

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community -India:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone
    I am ankita singhal from Jodhpur ,rajasthan. Recently completed Chartered accountancy and i am trying too learn new things. Also looking for a job now.

• Hi, I am Dr. Amitra Sudan Chakrabortty from Asansol city, West Bengal. I am the Founder of MANAB an independent and non-profit human rights organisation www.manab.org.in I am engaged in the field of human rights activism since 2004. I earned my PhD degree for my thesis on "Protection of Human Rights Defenders; A Study in Contemporary India" which was an empirical work.

Hi everyone,

Hello, I'm Kishan Kumar Sharma from Nepal and I'm currently in India, pursuing my bachelor's degree in Computer Science. I joined this community to learn and interact with other students and professionals from India.

Hi everyone,

Hi there everyone! My name is Sharika Nawal. I am from Bangladesh. And I am currently a high school student. I am associated with a number of non-profit organizations. For me the last question is more valid I think. The social context of India is similar to my country which gives me an insight about numerous problem solving strategies. I hope that I am welcomed in this amazing community and I am really excited to engage in discussions with all of you!

• Hi Everyone! My name is Imna and I am an entrepreneur. I have joined this community to gain more insight and diversify my resource base. Really excited to learn from all of you.

• Hi Jason and all members in the team.
    I am from "City Of Joy", Kolkata. I am excited to talk to all of you in this forum and has special interests in understanding Human Capital. I am into higher education development in the Indian context. Looking forward for further discussions.

• Greetings to all.
    Myself Deepti Srivastava from Kanpur. Working for community issues and developing it as a career I not only applied my knowledge and skills moreover I updated myself and learnt a lot from it. Presently playing role of a mother of a small kid I found myself getting away from my passion and thus I found this platform to regain my strength and enhance my knowledge. I use to work as a freelancer for different organisations by developing strategies and evaluating the projects and doing different type of documentation work. Nice to be a part of this platform and also wish to broaden my network.

• Hi everyone, I am Meenakshi from Delhi. I work as a Research Associate in in the M&E team at Change Alliance, New Delhi. With 8 years of experience in program management, capacity building and monitoring fieldwork, qualitative and quantitative research analysis and impact assessments. I am also a fellow ‘Changemaker’ in the She Creates Change Program of Change.org Foundation and my petition Change,org/2019ForLGBTQ received a positive response and vitory from its decision maker. Apart from these two roles I co-founded PHASE Ngo in Delhi that works for education, environment and human rights. I am looking at this community to learn and develop my skills , to grow professionally in the area of M&E and to build collaboration/network for my work as Changemaker and as co-founder of PHASE as well.

• @Simmi said in Introduce yourself to the community -India:

Hi everyone,

Hi Everyone
    Greetings
    I am Simmi Garg. I belongs to Delhi, India. I am associated with an NGO Sahyog Care For You as a president, which works for education and livelihood for Children, Youth and Women. I want to enhance my knowledge and my learning. According to me this is the best platform to sharp your skills and learning. My main aim to give back to the society by working for the community.

Hi Simmi. I m Ashok Tanwar from Rohini Delhi and joined FOPM course to learn more about PM. Pl help me in joining a team. My email aktanware@gmail.com mobile 9891453649. Pl share yr email mobile

Hello I'm Ram Prasad Pokhrel from Kharar Punjab India basically from pathankot Punjab India but born in syangja Nepal. I'm a Student of Btech ECE in CGC Technical Campus Jhanjeri
    Mohali Punjab and I'm also a yoga instructor in Pokhrel Yog Vatika pathankot Punjab.
    I choose to join this community to explore the ideas via people interaction
    To learn something
    And
    To make some new friends also

• -Warm greetings to everybody from my end.I am Ritika Bansal and I am yet a student from New Delhi.

• I chose to be a part of this community to learn and grow individually and professionally.
    • I don't possess any prior work experience as of yet!
  • Hello, I am Rajneesh. I work with SOS Children's Villages, a child care organization. I am based in Faridabad.

• Hello, I am Rajneesh. I work with SOS Children's Villages, a child care organisaiton. I am based in Faridabad.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.