Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• administrators

Girl Centered Design

Hello Course Ambassadors!

Let's get started with introductions:

1. What is your name? Where do you work?

2. What are you most looking forward to as a Course Ambassador?

3. Do you have any questions or concerns?

4. How can I support you?

Here is some information about me:

1. My name is Kamilla (@kamilla), and I run Course Operations at Philanthropy University. My job is to make sure that courses are running smoothly, that all learners are getting the support they need to be successful in the course, and to triage any platform issues with our engineering team.
    1. I am looking forward to meeting all of the Course Ambassadors and learning ways to best support the diversity of people joining courses. I'd love to hear from you!
    1. My question to you all is, what can I do to support you to be successful Course Ambassadors? Please don't hesitate to post and tag me with ideas, or send a direct message @kamilla.
    A
    1 Reply
  • Introduction%20to%20Fundraising-PhilanthropyU-Fundraising_101-1_1.0_20180402_20180422

Am Unia Nalugya Ugandan. I have worked several years years in development work with different organizations (voluntary services over seas, Action Aid international) in different countries ( Namibia, Malawi,Tanzania and Rwanda).
    Apparently am developing a social enterprise in my community to enrich small holder farmers through livestock and poultry to have a sustainable rural livelihood projects.

1 Reply
  • Introduction%20to%20Fundraising-PhilanthropyU-Fundraising_101-1_1.0_20180402_20180422

hello @kamilla! my name is Ugo and i am from NIgeria. i work with Visions For Nigeria Foundation as a programs manager and together we wok to bring a better life to under privileged people particularly women and children, by providing them with basic health and educational needs. Currently we are developing a project to help young girls in Gudupe community of Bwari Local Government, in Abuja, to be more aware of their sexuality and to become more enterprising by teaching them vocational skills. I am looking forward to this duty with great optimism.

• Girl%20Centered%20Design-MercyCorps-GirlDesign_101-1_1.0_20180402_20180506

My name is Tawina Jane from Malawi. I am the Founder and Director of a community based girl-led and focused organization called Teams Advancing Women in Agriculture or TAWINA, in short. My role is to ensure rural girls have space and resource to explore their potential and develop life skills, and ultimately champion social change in their communities. I m a mentor and a coach for girls and young women. I hope to make a positive contribution through the Course Ambassadors initiative by helping new learners to have positive learning experience at PU. I do not have any concerns at the moment. I m just looking forward to sharing and learning!!!! Thanks Kamilla for all your innovative efforts.

1 Reply

@unia said in Girl Centered Design:

Am Unia Nalugya Ugandan. I have worked several years years in development work with different organizations (voluntary services over seas, Action Aid international) in different countries ( Namibia, Malawi,Tanzania and Rwanda).
    Apparently am developing a social enterprise in my community to enrich small holder farmers through livestock and poultry to have a sustainable rural livelihood projects.

Hi Unia, nice meeting you. I would love to hear more about your social enterprise, do keep this forum posted please. And I would encourage you to share both success stories and challenges you may encounter along the way. I have agricultural background and I am always passionate about livestock and crop production. Have you already decided on the type(s) of livestock your projects will focus on? Congratulations on being considered a course Ambassador. It is worthwhile undertaking in my opinion. Thanks

1 Reply

@tawina said in Girl Centered Design:

Hi Unia, nice meeting you. I would love to hear more about your social enterprise, do keep this forum posted please. And I would encourage you to share both success stories and challenges you may encounter along the way. I have agricultural background and I am always passionate about livestock and crop production. Have you already decided on the type(s) of livestock your projects will focus on? Congratulations on being considered a course Ambassador. It is worthwhile undertaking in my opinion. Thanks

Hello Tawina
    I am developing a social enterprise in my community which is rural I work with rural small holder farmers by providing them chicks, goats and pigs, later we buy from and leave 5 percentage for their own consumption.

1 Reply
  • administrators

Hi @Unia, @Ugoojieh, @Tawina! Thank you so much for introducing yourselves in the Course Ambassador thread for the course, Girl Centered Design. I'm very excited to work with you as the first Course Ambassadors!

What do you think so far? Is there anything not clear or confusing?

• administrators

@SabrinaShumi @suraiya18 @vivian-emesowum @ugoojieh @amazing @danito @3540 @m_tracy @dickson @tawina @knoack @bettyk @sandilentombela

Thanks for your participation in the Girl Centered Design, Course Ambassador program! Have you had a chance to introduce yourselves in this thread? These are the other Ambassadors you will work with in the course to support new learners.

B
    1 Reply

@kamilla said in Girl Centered Design:

@SabrinaShumi @suraiya18 @vivian-emesowum @ugoojieh @amazing @danito @3540 @m_tracy @dickson @tawina @knoack @bettyk @sandilentombela

Thanks for your participation in the Girl Centered Design, Course Ambassador program! Have you had a chance to introduce yourselves in this thread? These are the other Ambassadors you will work with in the course to support new learners.

Thanks @kamilla for the warm welcome,glad to be here.Happy to meet you @SabrinaShumi @Suraiya18 @Vivian-emesowum @Ugoojieh @Danito @m_tracy @Dickson @Tawina @Knoack @SandileNtombela looking forward for great moments together.

Hello everyone.
    My name is Betty Mbithi founder as Abetec Business Solutions. Social enterprises where we mentor and guide entrepreneurs understand problems, identify solutions, implement their plans and achieve their goals.

I also coach young girls and women on how to discover their hidden potential and live a purposeful life.

Besides being a social entrepreneur I love everything chocolate, networking, traveling and Web.

What I am looking forward as a course ambassador is help as many people create change as possible.

I know getting to the root of the most complex social challenges takes courage, humility and resilience. But, together, we can promote human development.

I’m thrilled and thankful I found all of you.

1 Reply

1. My name is Kamilla (@kamilla), and I run Course Operations at Philanthropy University. My job is to make sure that courses are running smoothly, that all learners are getting the support they need to be successful in the course, and to triage any platform issues with our engineering team.
    1. I am looking forward to meeting all of the Course Ambassadors and learning ways to best support the diversity of people joining courses. I'd love to hear from you!
    1. My question to you all is, what can I do to support you to be successful Course Ambassadors? Please don't hesitate to post and tag me with ideas, or send a direct message @kamilla.

My name is Kehinde from Nigeria. I have a dual educational background in Social work & Food Science. I currently work with Matrix Solicitors. As an individual i derive passion by putting smiles on People's faces, helping them out of their challenges ,most importantly the marginalized ones. i also educate people about healthy eating and lifestyle. I practice this gesture unofficially as needs arises within my reach. However , with the vast knowledge acquired from this platform, i would like to be a part of the change the world is looking for by working or partnering with NGO that supports children, women and the aged group in the local community. It's a great honour to be one the Philanthropy University Ambassador. As i learn, will be glad to share my knowledge with people of same interests.
    1 Reply
  • administrators

My name is Tawina Jane from Malawi. I am the Founder and Director of a community based girl-led and focused organization called Teams Advancing Women in Agriculture or TAWINA, in short. My role is to ensure rural girls have space and resource to explore their potential and develop life skills, and ultimately champion social change in their communities. I m a mentor and a coach for girls and young women. I hope to make a positive contribution through the Course Ambassadors initiative by helping new learners to have positive learning experience at PU. I do not have any concerns at the moment. I m just looking forward to sharing and learning!!!! Thanks Kamilla for all your innovative efforts.

Hi Tawina Jane, it's so nice to meet you! Thank you for introducing yourself and your work here in the community. How important for girls to have organizations and programs working for and with them! How many young girls do you work with?Thanks for sharing!!

1 Reply
  • administrators

@amazing said in Girl Centered Design:

My name is Kehinde from Nigeria. I have a dual educational background in Social work & Food Science. I currently work with Matrix Solicitors. As an individual i derive passion by putting smiles on People's faces, helping them out of their challenges ,most importantly the marginalized ones. i also educate people about healthy eating and lifestyle. I practice this gesture unofficially as needs arises within my reach. However , with the vast knowledge acquired from this platform, i would like to be a part of the change the world is looking for by working or partnering with NGO that supports children, women and the aged group in the local community. It's a great honour to be one the Philanthropy University Ambassador. As i learn, will be glad to share my knowledge with people of same interests.

Thank you so much for introducing yourself @Amazing. I am also excited to work together with all the Course Ambassadors to make this an amazing platform for people to learn and share on.

How many people do you work with when educating about healthy eating and lifestyle? What type of marginalized communities do you support?

• administrators

@bettyk said in Girl Centered Design:

Hello everyone.
    My name is Betty Mbithi founder as Abetec Business Solutions. Social enterprises where we mentor and guide entrepreneurs understand problems, identify solutions, implement their plans and achieve their goals.

I also coach young girls and women on how to discover their hidden potential and live a purposeful life.

Besides being a social entrepreneur I love everything chocolate, networking, traveling and Web.

What I am looking forward as a course ambassador is help as many people create change as possible.

I know getting to the root of the most complex social challenges takes courage, humility and resilience. But, together, we can promote human development.

I’m thrilled and thankful I found all of you.

Hi there @Bettyk, thanks for sharing about yourself! It sounds like you do a lot of important work, mentoring and guiding social entrepreneurs, and have time for some fun. Thank you for volunteering as one of the first Course Ambassadors!

What are some of your favorite travel spots? Have you traveled recently?

Hi Tawina Jane, it's so nice to meet you! Thank you for introducing yourself and your work here in the community. How important for girls to have organizations and programs working for and with them! How many young girls do you work with?Thanks for sharing!!

Hey,
    Thanks for your feedback. We have 15 girl clubs with a total membership of 2,000 girls.

1 Reply

Hi Unia, nice meeting you. I would love to hear more about your social enterprise, do keep this forum posted please. And I would encourage you to share both success stories and challenges you may encounter along the way. I have agricultural background and I am always passionate about livestock and crop production. Have you already decided on the typ

Hello Tawina
    I am developing a social enterprise in my community which is rural I work with rural small holder farmers by providing them chicks, goats and pigs, later we buy from and leave 5 percentage for their own consumption.

You are doing amazing work Unia. How is your program structured in terms of production and marketing? Where do you source animals to distribute for example? How do you sell them? I am so much interested because my organization tried rabbits two years ago with little success. We hope to re-introduce the program so lessons from you would be very helpful. Feel free to share challenges as well so we can learn together. Cheers

• administrators

Hey,
    Thanks for your feedback. We have 15 girl clubs with a total membership of 2,000 girls.

That's amazing to hear, @Tawina. I am sure your organization's impact in the lives of those 2,000 girls reaches far beyond just that. Do you have any stories about how your impact has championed social change in those communities? Do you have challenges that you are comfortable sharing?

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.