Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Questions to bear in mind as data management questions may include:

1. What are my tools for collecting data
    2. Who will eventually benefit of use this data
    3. Who is responsible for collecting, collating, analyzing, storing the data
    4. Who is to ensure data quality. And so many other questions you may want to ask that are relevant to achieving the goal of your project
  • This is a detailed process, to map all the aspects of data management from collection to reporting, but a data mapping process and artefact will very useful to keep track of the process, and to look for improvements. This would be even more important and more useful in larger programs.

• Data management is the practice of collecting, keeping, and using data securely, efficiently, and cost-effectively, data management strategy is becoming more important than ever as organizations increasingly rely on intangible assets to create value.

• data management strategy is becoming more important than ever as organizations increasingly rely on intangible assets to create value. data management strategy is becoming more important than ever as organizations increasingly rely on intangible assets to create value.

• Surely I know that RDBMS is the most standard way to manage data but I believe that sometimes NoSQL database system can also be relevant to data management

• The roles and responsibilities are very interesting

• What is the best data management system?

P
    1 Reply
  • Who in the project is responsible for data collection?

P
    K
    2 Replies
  • How can Big Data be managed in the libraries?

• How to handle a dataset larger than Excel sheet size limit?

P
    1 Reply
  • VERY INTERESTING AND SIMPLIFIED

• In the same way, a data management process starts by bringing in raw materials: data collected from the project. As the data travels through the rest of the process it is organized, stored, analyzed and, finally, transformed into useful products, such as reports and decisions.

P
    1 Reply
  • Data management is one of the most important steps in monitoring and evaluation processes. It is through this step that we understand all the processes of collecting data, storing, organizing, accessing, analyzing and using the data.
    First step in data management is always data collection and the last step is the usage of the data by either donors, government bodies or other stakeholders.

• Data security is dependant on organization policy, culture and the basic requirements giving to them by their donors. I understand there isn't a standard data security requirements standards.
    There are many softwares for data analysis like;
    SPSS
    Epi Data
    Excel spreadsheet sheet and others but the software to use always depend on the ease to use, the kind of data to analyze and other reasons as well.

• That's true yes. It always start with the raw materials. After which the raw materials are collated to give some data which can then be entered into any system for storing, and other stuff.

• If data is too bulb, it's advisable to always clean it and which some of the biasness can be removed.
    Then choosing the right means for analyzing will also help handle such scenario.
    Thanks, that's my idea.

• Assigning that roles and responsibilities is solely done by M$E Advisor perhaps the organization is having such persons in their system.
    After that, data collection can be a responsibility for each one when people are trained how to use the tools for data collection.

• All data system are the best depending on the data they are handling.
    Imagine a small data to be handled by an Excel spreadsheet and other bigger ones by digital system.
    Bring it out in such a way. Thanks!

• What do people did does people manage a data

• I love this module so much . It really opens your eyes on how to easily manage data in any organization.
    I'm very grateful for learning how to create a data flow map

• Very much in agreement with this

• Data management includes data collection,entry, analysis and verification and data use.Data management also involves the roles and responsibilities of every project member.In data collection is what is need to be done after collection of data thus through usei different data collection methods.Data entry involves collation or grouping of data in same categories.data analysis and verification is done at the end of the project to see if the intented results.data use is done to creat reports, come up with future decision and communication with community and doners

• The objective of this study is to examine the implementation of a new information technology data-management plan at a residential care facility for individuals with mental illness/mental retardation. This facility also provides day treatment and respite care. This will include a two-person practice for a Nurse Practitioner and a Psychiatrist. The institute at focus in this study is a residential care facility for individuals with mental illness and mental retardation.

• Good data management includes developing effective processes for consistently collecting and recording data, storing data securely, backing up data, cleaning data, and modifying data so it can be transferred between different types of software for analysis.

Good data management is inextricably linked to data quality assurance –the processes and procedures that are used to ensure data quality. Using data of unknown or low quality may result in making the wrong decisions about policies and programmes. Data quality assurance (DQA) should be built into each step in the data cycle − data collection, aggregation and reporting, analysis and use, and dissemination and feedback.

Even when data have been collected using well-defined procedures and standardised tools, they need to be checked for any inaccurate or missing data. This “data cleaning” involves finding and dealing with any errors that occur during writing, reading, storage, transmission, or processing of computerised data.

Ensuring data quality also extends to presenting the data appropriately in the evaluation report so that the findings are clear and conclusions can be substantiated. Often, this involves making the data accessible so that they can be verified by others and/or used for additional purposes such as for synthesising results across different evaluations.

• Data management includes data collection,entry, analysis and verification and data use.Data management also involves the roles and responsibilities of every project member.In data collection is what is need to be done after collection of data thus through usei different data collection methods.Data entry involves collation or grouping of data in same categories.data analysis and verification is done at the end of the project to see if the intented results.data use is done to creat reports, come up with future decision and communication with community and doners

• Ask questions about your data to help yourself think how to make your data flow

• The more data you collect the best discussion you make

• The more data you collect the best discussion you make

• I learned that it's important to go step by step.

• DATA MANAGEMENT QUESTIONS IN M&E
    It is very imperative that we understand the actions that will happen as data travels from collection. Using what we know about the project, the data management process can you help us to formulate data flow map. Simple because it will indicate both who will use the data and send it on to others.
    Data Flow Maps are very helpful tools for M&E planning. They show how data is collected, managed and used. Most M&E plans will include a professional-looking data flow map that has been created digitally. However, you can create a quick version of a data flow map using only a few pieces of paper.
    Creating a data flow map can be a very helpful exercise to help clarify your data management process, as it helps you to think about how roles, processes, and tools might interact. Always remember to follow these steps:
    • Use the Means of Verification column on the log frame to identify and arrange each data collection tool.
    • Ask yourself how the data will be eventually used and arrange each accordingly.
    • You must take into consideration all the roles that will help to manage this data.
    • Hence these data collection questions become very important.
    Who will:
    a. Collect data
    b. Enter and collate data
    c. Check data quality
    d. Analyze the data
    e. Store data
    f. Create reports
    g. Send reports
    h. Make decisions based on the data
    Evidently, there are many roles and responsibilities that comes between the data collection and the use of data, it shows how data move through the system and transforms into useful products if the data management questions are factored and use sequentially.

• I'm a visual person so it is helpful to see Data Flow Maps.

• What total quantity management process can you apply in the data flow process?
    I can use the Fishbone diagram by Ishikawa to I dentify the route cause of the problem,and it's other probable causes that make an institution to underperform interns of quality.For instant check on resources,working environment, availability of tools and the manpower.Therefore I would use Ishikawa diagram as a means of total Quality management

• data managment is all about managing data from data collection, data entry, analysis, storage and make use of it

• data management process starts by bringing in raw
    materials: data collected from the project. As the data travels through the rest of
    the process it is organized, stored, analyzed and, finally, transformed into useful
    products, such as reports and decisions.

• Data managers are charged with creating and enforcing policies for effective data management .As a data management manager, your work will be supervising the creation and enforcement of these policies. One of the questions asked is what are the roles of a data manager it is simply asking for the roles of a data manager which is to create and enforce policies. Also to create techniques to ensure quality data management. Lastly to ensure security procedures are implemented.
    Secondly what qualities must a data manager possess? He must be problem solver, management is all about coming up with solutions. He must be a team leader he must mentor and supervise his subordinate, he must formulate a disaster recovery plan to prevent data loss, helping a firm protect its data from internal and external attacks that may cause dat corruption and potential identity theft. backing up data is very important, is our data backed up in an off shore station?These are some of the questions that help us in data management.

1 Reply
  • Yes its the core of a successful project

• Is the field monitor can analyze data?

C
    1 Reply
  • Data Management Questions
    What are the common mistakes in designing data flow mapping?

S
    1 Reply
  • The data question should also ask, who is the right person to collect data? why this person is identified?
    What results we are expected at the end of the data collection?
    How can we use the data efficiently?

• Data management questions: This are basic questions the organization will ask its top board of director to achieve data management process. Questions such as
    a) What level of data security do I need? Some vendors offer expansive
    b) data protection capabilities. ...
    c) What kind of data do I need to analyze? ...
    Cloud, on-prem, or both? ...
    d) Which use cases do I need to focus on? ...
    e) Will data management help me maintain compliance?

• Discussion on modules 5 was very interesting and it made me understand a lot on Data management

• Good data management helps organizations make sure their data is accurate

• Data management is the practice of collecting, keeping, and using data securely, efficiently, and cost-effectively.

• What are data management skills?
    Data management skills are the abilities you use to effectively manage and use information. Data management skills involve looking for patterns, understanding database design concepts and being able to participate in short and long-term planning about database projects.

1 Reply
  • Data management skills are the abilities you use to effectively manage and use information. Data management skills involve looking for patterns, understanding database design concepts and being able to participate in short and long-term planning about database projects.

1. For each data tools, who will be responsible for collecting the data?
    2. For each data tools, who will be responsible for ensuring data quality?
    3. Who will enter data?
    4. Who will collate data?
    5. Where will data be entered?
    6. Who will analyze data?
      7)How often will data be verified?
      8)Who will verify the data?
    7. Who will decide what data gets stored, archived safely when / after the project ends.
    8. Who will archive them?
    9. Who will prepare reports?
    10. Who will send reports?
    11. Who will prepare other data products, such as monthly summaries?
    12. Who will use data to make decisions?
  • Assigning specific responsibilities to the team ensures smooth flow of data from the field to the donors desk

• Data management involves collating and analyzing data, storing anv making reports that can be used for decision-making and future projects.

• A data flow diagram can be a good reminder of people responsibilities and also show how data flows on the project

• how to deve dada collection tool. such a questionaire etcs

• What impressed me a lot in this part of data management and card design. It makes it possible to define the roles and responsibilities of the various stakeholders in the project. Because most often, the non-definition of the roles and responsibilities of the monitoring-evaluation plan leads the actors to disengage from the implementation of the monitoring-evaluation plan.

• Je suis tout à fait d'accord avec cette assertion. Merci

• Data Management involves designing of data collection tools?

H
    1 Reply
  • What level of data security do I need?
    What kind of data do I need to analyze?
    Which use cases do I need to focus on? What will the impact look like?
    Will data management help me maintain compliance?

C
    1 Reply
  • Data management question are question ask for the purpose attaining or achieving a particular goal, set by an organization or company. it involves the data management processes such Data collection, Data entry and collation, Data analysis, verification and storage and finally Data.

• Why is data management important

H
    1 Reply
  • It depends on the nature of the project... How big the project is

• What can help you to identify all that are supposed to analyze and use your data.

• Besides database and spread sheets, what else can be used to collate data.

• What is the most important aspect of data use?

K
    1 Reply
  • What is the best way of providing security for data?

• It is very key to the ultimate outcome, which are the findings. There is need to manage data in a professional manner so that the findings are reliable and accurate

• No:

Data Collection
    Data Entry n Collation
    Data Analysis n Verification
    Report Writing

This is the Data Management Process, more like it I should say

• Can data be used for a long period of time?

S
    1 Reply
  • Data management is a process that must be planned.

• Data management is the process of ingesting, storing, organizing and maintaining the data created and collected by an organization.

The data management process includes a combination of different functions that collectively aim to make sure that the data in corporate systems is accurate, available and accessible.

• Forgetting to include a data flow or pointing an arrow in the wrong direction.

• You cannot manage what you do not measure.

1 Reply
  • The data management questions to be asked are:

What level of data security do I need?
    What exactly do you want to find out?
    What standard KPIs will you use that can help?
    Where will your data come from?
    How can you ensure data quality?
    Which statistical analysis techniques do you want to apply?

• Data management questions help us to ensure that the data we are collecting is used for its pre-intended purposes. We need make sure that who is going to collect data, what type of data collection tool we are using, who is going to enter the data, sort out data based on their nature and type, who analyze the data, who should store the data in the system, who manage the database, and who verify the collected data whether they are accurate and determining who will use the data.

• After establishing what you want to measure, deciding what data collection tools to use is equally important.
    Determining who will collect, collate and store data, that is, the capabilities of the data collectors and their familiarity with the data collection tools needs to be taken into consideration.
    Who will analyze and use the data to make decisions and whole are the final receipts of the data. These are the necessary questions in data management process.

• Thanks for this module.
    i wish to talk about my project data flow map.At the bottom i considered my data collection methods which are:
    1.Survey
    2.Documents review
    3.Participant tracking.
    I therefore decided how data will be used and found the following recipients of data use:
    1.Donors: for further decision making processes such as increasing/redirecting founds
    2.Public agency which foster clinical mentorship activities:for decision making processes such as increasing/relocating mentors.
    The i designed the flow:
    Data will be collected by M&E data collection officers
    Data will be assessed for quality by M&E quality officers
    Data will be analyzed by M&E statisticians
    Afterward data will be submitted to the project manager.he will be responsible of making reports and submit it the the director who will disseminate it to the recipients and share it with mentors/mentees as well.

• It's important as an organisation to have a data management system as this can enable in report making and Communications of Results/impact to donors and stakeholders

1 Reply
  • Good Insights chilembo

• The topic is informative, above all, i like the idea which i have captured from the video which is missing in most projects in my country Malawi, regular trainings in the data collection tools to project staffs. this leads to poor quality data collection which also affect the projects.

• Data management process is being very useful and insightful. The steps of the process will help me go a long way to build mine.

• Data management questions are inquiries related to the practice of collecting, keeping, and using data securely, efficiently, and cost-effectively. These are some of the key data management questions

1. What level of data security do I need?
    2. What kind of data do I need to analyze?
    3. Which use cases do I need to focus on? What will the impact look like?
    4. Will data management help me maintain compliance?
  • Data management questions are inquiries related to the practice of collecting, keeping, and using data securely, efficiently, and cost-effectively. These are some of the key data management questions

1. What level of data security do I need?
    2. What kind of data do I need to analyze?
    3. Which use cases do I need to focus on? What will the impact look like?
    4. Will data management help me maintain compliance?
  • Data Management question is described by 5Ws theory.

H
    1 Reply
  • This is one of the critical stages in Monitoring and Evaluation. Data is key and its management is very significant to the project being implemented and projects to be developed.

Good management of data requires serious commitments, one thing we project Officials need to know is that, once wrong data/information is shared with stakeholder it gives a totally different impression but when stakeholders realizes that set of data shared is wrong and does not reflect what the project is doing, this is the point where the integrity of both project staff, the organization and the project itself is questioned.

Very good strategies for quality control is needed and specific roles assigned to different people in the whole process and chain of M&E

• Data collecting is important because resulted complete project.

• Data management proves effective when each and every member of the project team understand what they need to do,when they need to do it and how they will do it at all times

C
    1 Reply
  • I wanna go deeply with this course

• In some situation

• Oh yes! Data is so important

• i'am very happy for this topic

• *Data collection

• who will be responsible for data collection?

• Who will be responsible for ensuring data quality?

Data entry an collation

• who will enter data?

• who will collate data?

• where will data be entered?
      data analysis, verification and storage

• who will analyze data?

• how often will data be verified and who will verify them?

• who will decide what data gets archived after the project finishes? who will archive them?
      use

• who will prepare reports?

• who will send reports?

• who will prepare other data products?

• who will use data to make project decisions?

• Data management spans through how data is collected, analyzed, reported and preserved for future use. Data flow map makes data management easy since it creates a visual plan

E
    1 Reply
  • Management of data must be a very carefull process, the data must be storered propaly in the data base.

• Data collection
    Data entry and collation
    Data analysis

• Data management is a very complex process in projects, utmost attention is needed when choosing roles and responsibilities to avoid conflict of roles.

• Module 5 is the summary of the entire process in a nutshell.

• Data Management is the heart and soul of any project.

• Assigning roles and responsibilities make for easy flow of data. It eases the process of Monitoring and evaluation

• This module helped me on how to manage collected data

K
    1 Reply
  • Different questions are asked on each stage. These include :
    Step 1: Data collection
    Who will be responsible for data collection?
    Who will be responsible for data quality?

Step 2: Data entry and collation
    Who will enter data?
    Who will collate data?
    Where will data be entered?

Step 3: Data analysis, verification and storage
    Who will analyze data?
    Who will verify data and how often?
    Who will decide what data gets archived and who will archive them?

Step 4: Use
    Who will prepare the reports?
    Who will send reports?
    Who will use data to make project decisions?

D
    1 Reply
  • These are really important questions to consider

• How is app based data collection changing these roles and processes?

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.