Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• more like Data is like the blood of M&E.

• Data management steps are all important and they symbolize the need to have a good beginning which is data collection in order to have a fruitful end which is data use.

• The data management questions help the project implementer be informed of the tools that needs to be accomplished in order to collect sufficient data. It provides the roles and responsibilities of each f the actors in the project as well as the uses of the data to be collected

• 4 ANALYSE DE SITUATION DE LA GESTION DES DONNEES DU PEV
    Au sein de la coordination nationale du PEV, il y a une section chargée du Suivi-Evaluation et recherches. Son rôle est d’appuyer le SSIS dans la collecte, l’analyse et le traitement des données de la vaccination. Les récentes évaluations ont montré que le système de gestion des données de vaccination en Guinée est confronté à d’énormes difficultés.Le dispositif de gestion des données fonctionne avec des ressources matérielles et financières limitées au niveau central pour répondre à la demande d’informations de qualité à temps opportun pour orienter les décideurs. En plus de la faible promptitude, on note des insuffisances de la qualité des rapports, comme par exemple les incohérences entre les données rapportées et les intrants utilisés, mais aussi entre les données rapportées et celles recomptées lors des évaluations. L’évaluation de la gestion et de la qualité des données réalisée en 2014 par l’AMP a ressorti la non-satisfaction des partenaires techniques et financiers en termes de disponibilité et de qualité des informations de la vaccination. Au niveau déconcentré, le dispositif de gestion des données de vaccination s’appuie sur les ressources humaines disponibles et les bases de données existantes. A ce niveau, la collecte et la transmission des données se déroulent plus ou moins bien avec une vérification de la qualité quasi systématique durant les supervisons. Néanmoins, des faiblesses existent dans le traitement, l’analyse et l’utilisation des données. Rappelons également que même si elles existent au niveau décentralisé, les ressources humaines en charge de la gestion des données restent insuffisantes et peu qualifiées. D’autres aspects non moins importants dans la gestion des données sont la rétroinformation et le partage de connaissances. Cesderniers restent peu performants par le fait que les bulletins périodiques sont peu produits et les plateformes d’échanges de meilleures pratiques en matière de gestion de données inexistantes. La mise en œuvre d’unensemble de stratégies et d’activités visant à renforcer le dispositif global de gestiondes données au niveau central et l’utilisation de l’information et aussi d’unrenforcement des capacités des différents acteurs s’avère nécessaire.

• Am really learning a lot of new ideas.

• The process is very useful. It helps you see the process and visualize how you will achieve your objectives.

• its the process of collecting, analyzing, storing data

• i agree with that

• M&E is all about data management they you have managed your data it towards the success.

• it is essential to give roles to our staff. without giving roles and responsibilities, we should not get data for our monitoring. meanwhile, a data flow map is a crucial aspect of data management.

O
    1 Reply
  • What is your data? ...
    How will you document and describe the data? ...
    Does the data need to be protected? ...
    Will you share your data with others? ...
    How will you store and access the data over the short- and long-term?

M
    1 Reply
  • What is your data? ...

• Lesson lent is that data factory has several steps and this step are necessary on data management from data collection, data entry and collation,data analysis, verification and storage and final step being data use. this step will may have other minor additions however this curries the huge part.

• What is a reliable Data Management System that can be recommended for work in the field of Human Services?

• Data Management Officer Interview Questions & Answers
    Can you explain what data management is and why it is important?
    Data management is the overall process of collecting, storing, organizing, maintaining, and using data effectively. It is important because it helps ensure that data is accurate, consistent, and secure, and is used in a way that aligns with the organization’s goals and objectives.

How do you ensure data quality in a data management program?
    To ensure data quality in a data management program, I implement data validation and reconciliation processes, as well as data standardization and harmonization processes. I also implement proper monitoring and reporting mechanisms, and perform regular data quality assessments to identify and remediate potential issues. I also engage
    Can you explain how you would develop and implement a data management strategy?
    To develop and implement a data management strategy, I would start by understanding the organization’s goals and objectives, as well as its data requirements. I would then conduct a thorough assessment of the organization’s current data management processes and systems, and identify areas for improvement. Based on this assessment, I would develop a data management strategy that aligns with the organization’s goals and objectives, and includes a roadmap for implementation. I would then work with stakeholders to implement the strategy, including the necessary processes and systems, and regularly review and update the strategy to ensure it remains effective.

How do you handle data breaches in a data management program?
    To handle data breaches in a data management program, I have a well-defined data breach response plan in place. This plan includes steps for identifying and containing the breach, as well as notifying affected parties and conducting a thorough investigation to determine the root cause of the breach. I also implement remediation steps to prevent similar breaches from happening in the future, and regularly review and update the data breach response plan to ensure it remains effective.

Can you explain how you would manage data privacy and security in a data management program?
    To manage data privacy and security in a data management program, I implement data protection policies and processes that comply with relevant privacy laws and regulations. I also ensure that sensitive data is properly secured, both in storage and in transit, and that proper access controls are in place. I also implement proper monitoring and reporting mechanisms to ensure that data privacy and security risks are identified and addressed in a timely manner. I engage with stakeholders to understand their data privacy and security requirements, and work with them to ensure that these requirements are met.

• In data Management plam.there is
    the team lead-project lead
    project staff
    peer educators

• Data collection required skilled personnel who will still be trained on how to collect data using the tools developed. The data collected ought to be entered, collated and analysed for presenting in reports which are also presented to donors and stakeholders. This process requires maximum professionalism, with duties being transparent (who does what, when and how). The M&E team ensures that all processes are of high quality standards and compliance with regulatory boards.

• Data management is another good topic.
    it shows the visual transiting map, of how data is collected, the people responsible to collect it, how it is analyzed and shared to leadership for review and decisions making.

it is always import for teams to cooperate and support each other right from planning, implementation up to project monitoring and control.

• I have come to the end of this course but I am glad and fortunate to have learned so much

A
    1 Reply
  • That is true. Not defining each person's role within the organization could affect the performance and slow down the project.

• Do we need to hire independent MEL experts to maintain the transparent of the evaluation report in each project or it is only neccessary for big scale and long term projects?

• This is pretty clear-cut stuff but it makes sense. I have limited experience with M&E, but one thing that I have found is that the 'roles and responsibilities' section can be fraught with office politics. Teams that might not be working on our project may want to get involved with our M&E because they are knowledgeable about the field, but the rest of our staffers may want to limit responsibilities to project staff.

• I think the management part is equally as important as other parts because the data is what we are after all going to need inorder to get the jobs done. It is important to learn some data analysis to be able to enhance understanding

K
    1 Reply
  • It was great. Thanks.

• It was great. Thanks.

• Data Flow Maps are very helpful tools for M&E planning. They show how data is collected, managed and used. Most M&E plans will include a professional-looking data flow map that has been created digitally. However, you can create a quick version of a data flow map using only a few pieces of paper.

• Data Flow Maps are very helpful tools for M&E planning. They show how data is collected, managed and used. Most M&E plans will include a professional-looking data flow map that has been created digitally. However, you can create a quick version of a data flow map using only a few pieces of paper.

• data management is one of the important stage that has to be looked into since all the project survives or fails depending on the data they have and how the interpret it.

• Data management involves a number of activities and processes from data collection, data entry, storage, analysis, collation, verification, and usage.
    Each stage is vital for the project.
    Data should be stored safely and sensitive data about human being should be protected.
    Data can be used to report, replicate projects, plan for future projects, even to get more funds for similar projects in future.

• Data managment is the best way to keep data long

• Data management is very important in a project. Data need to be handled carefully in order to arrive at reasonable decision and for future projects.

• Thanks for this module

• Proper data management can help organizations make better-informed decisions, improve their operational efficiency and comply with legal and regulatory requirements.

• I can't wait to explore more regarding visualizing raw data into digital assets that can be understood by many, I think it's important since it can be both education and content for the masses.

• Organizations can navigate the evolving landscape of data management and position themselves for success in the data-driven future.

• I will be utilizing some data management tools to conduct a focus group regarding questions related to Implicit Bias Training. I will also be providing a pre and post assessment. All the information will be tracked on a participation tool.

• Data Management is essential in ensuring it is clean, without errors and stored in a manner that is easily retrievable when needed.

• What examples of some of the digital data collection systems to use.

What are some good ways of dissemination of the data reports

• who is the manager?
    The data manager

who collect this data?
    fields officers

does people understand their roles?
    The fields officers collect data and enter it into the digital database.

The Project Manager monitors the data regularly, and uses the information to make decisions. Additionally, several times a year the project manager prepares reports and sends them on to the Executive Director.

The Executive Director reviews and comments on reports. She sends reports on to the organization’s Board of Directors, donors, and government agencies. Once a quarter she has feedback meetings with local community leaders where she shares findings from the reports.

Stakeholders are students and other donors or organisms partners interested by the project

does people involved in the project have and understanding of the monitoring and evaluation plan?

do they have the guidance on how to use data?

does the staff get motivated through regular training?

• Thanks for the knowledge

• Data plays focal role in the life of leaders. In this course i could finally learn about how to exactely design a data flow map!

• Data plays focal role in the life of leaders. In this course i could finally learn about how to exactely design a data flow map!

• Data flow management starts by collection of data by field officers then data in entered into the system and stored. subsequently the data is analyzed and verified so as to generate decisions and reports to donor and governments.

• it's an amazing journey

• Data storage and protection: Such an important topic to cover.

• Data management which entails conveying data from the primary source up to the decision or policy making phase after passing through different stages of entering, collation, and data analysis is absolutely reserve for larger project which involves big organization and can't be feasibly done in small academic research project where student generally carry out to defend their degree and often self funded

• ![alt text](imag![alt text] I tried uploading my data flow but could not.

• The reason for developing data management is the base for all other steps to follow.

• It is important to develop a clear data management flow chart for clarity of roles and accuracy of data

• What data will be collected? Identify the specific types of data that will be collected, such as quantitative data (numeric values) or qualitative data (descriptive or narrative information). Determine the variables, indicators, or measures that are relevant to your project or research.

How will data be collected? Define the data collection methods and tools that will be used, such as surveys, interviews, observations, or existing data sources. Consider the feasibility, accuracy, and reliability of each method.

How will data be stored? Determine the data storage infrastructure, whether it's physical servers, cloud-based platforms, or a combination of both. Consider data security measures to protect sensitive or confidential information.

What data management procedures will be implemented? Establish protocols for data entry, data cleaning, and data validation to ensure data quality. Define standards for naming conventions, formatting, and organizing data files and folders.

How will data be organized and documented? Develop a data organization system that is logical and consistent. Consider creating a data dictionary or codebook that documents the meaning and structure of each variable or data field.

How will data be backed up? Implement regular data backup procedures to prevent data loss or corruption. Determine the frequency and location of backups and ensure that backup files are easily accessible if needed.

How will data be analyzed? Determine the data analysis methods and software that will be used. Consider statistical analysis techniques, visualization tools, or qualitative analysis approaches based on your research objectives.

How will data be shared or disseminated? Define the data sharing and dissemination policies, including considerations for data privacy and confidentiality. Determine who will have access to the data, under what conditions, and how data will be shared with stakeholders or the public.

How long will data be retained? Establish a data retention policy that aligns with legal requirements, ethical considerations, and the needs of your project or organization. Determine the duration for which data will be stored and the conditions for data disposal or archiving.

How will data be protected? Implement data security measures to safeguard against unauthorized access, data breaches, or data loss. Consider encryption, access controls, and data anonymization techniques where appropriate.

How will data be monitored and audited? Establish mechanisms for ongoing monitoring of data management processes and conducting periodic audits to ensure compliance with data management protocols and standards.

How will data quality be ensured? Develop procedures for data quality assurance, including data validation checks, regular data cleaning, and verification of data accuracy and consistency.

• Data management is very important in a project i used to work with a project that the transmission line was very complex. I think the simpler it is the better is

• Very important question

• Since the data is collected from individuals, it should be treated with respect, understood in its right sense and should be used or stored with care.

• How does data analysis work?

• Data management is an integral part of making use of the data collected, and in dealing with respect to all those involved.

• I think when we talk about data management question we are referring on how we will collect data and which tools to use and methods involved ....then how it will be entered into the system let's say by use of spreadsheet and how we will organize it from there we can talk about analyzing usage and storing

• Has captured everything that encapsulates the management of collected data

• Reliable data management system is anyone that robust enough to capture every stages of the data management process and make that data available to stakeholders with no barrier to accessibility.

• What are some of the mechanisms that can be adopted to minimize individual biases in data collection especially qualitative data using the tool of interview guides?

K
    1 Reply
  • It is important to understand the roles and responsibilities in the m&e inorder to carry out the whole process effectively. Proper record keeping is key to success in this process.

• I agree that proper management is paramount to success of the project.

• Data management is very important when planning a project. The M&E plan has to consider who collects data, the data collection tools and also the various roles and responsibilities at each level of the data management; from collection, to entry, analysis, verification, storage or archiving and use. It is important to decide what collected data will be used for in order not to waste time and resources collection data that will not be useful to the project.

1. What is your data?

Quantitative, qualitative, spatial, text, video, physical object, ???
    Will the dataset(s) grow over time?
    What tools or software are needed to create & use the data?

1. How will you document and describe the data?

Methodology
    Field names, data identifiers, metadata
    Naming conventions

1. Does the data need to be protected?

Participant/human subject privacy
    Intellectual property
    Anonymization

1. Will you share your data with others?

Expectation of funding agency
    Open access
    Journal citation

1. How will you store and access the data over the short- and long-term?

How long?
    What file formats?
    Hosting site?

• Data collection is more important than we think.for track form

• Data flows can get very complicated, so make it simple

• Do you use SPSS, STATA, Excel to management questions?

• Data management in a project is essential for maintaining accurate, consistent, and secure data throughout its lifecycle. It involves ensuring data quality, integrating diverse sources, implementing security measures, establishing governance practices, managing the data lifecycle, and enabling data-driven decision-making. Effective data management enhances project success and maximizes the value of data.

• Data management refers to the process of organizing, storing, and maintaining data in a systematic and efficient manner. It involves a set of practices, technologies, and policies that ensure the data's integrity, security, and accessibility throughout its lifecycle.

In today's data-driven world, organizations accumulate vast amounts of data from various sources, including customers, operations, transactions, and interactions. Effective data management is crucial for businesses to derive meaningful insights, make informed decisions, and gain a competitive edge. Here are some key aspects of data management:

Data Collection: Data management begins with the collection of relevant and accurate data. This involves identifying the sources, defining data requirements, and implementing data capture mechanisms. It is essential to ensure data quality, consistency, and completeness during the collection process.

Data Storage and Organization: Once collected, data needs to be stored in a structured and organized manner. This may involve using databases, data warehouses, or data lakes, depending on the volume, variety, and velocity of the data. Proper indexing, partitioning, and data modeling techniques are employed to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of data.

Data Integration: Many organizations have data coming from multiple sources and systems. Data integration involves combining data from disparate sources into a unified view. This process ensures data consistency, eliminates redundancies, and enables comprehensive analysis.

Data Security: Protecting data from unauthorized access, breaches, and cyber threats is of paramount importance. Data management includes implementing robust security measures such as encryption, access controls, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems. Compliance with privacy regulations and industry standards is also crucial.

Data Governance: Data governance encompasses the policies, processes, and procedures for managing data assets. It involves establishing roles and responsibilities, defining data standards, enforcing data quality, and ensuring compliance. Effective data governance ensures data accuracy, reliability, and accountability within an organization.

Data Analytics and Insights: Data management plays a vital role in enabling data analytics and deriving meaningful insights. By providing a reliable and well-organized data foundation, organizations can perform advanced analytics, data mining, and machine learning to gain actionable insights and drive business growth.

Data Lifecycle Management: Data has a lifecycle, starting from its creation to its eventual retirement. Data management includes managing the entire lifecycle of data, including data acquisition, storage, usage, archiving, and disposal. This ensures that data remains relevant, accessible, and compliant with regulatory requirements throughout its lifespan.

Data Backup and Recovery: Data management also involves implementing backup and recovery strategies to protect against data loss or system failures. Regular data backups, offsite storage, and disaster recovery plans are essential to ensure business continuity and minimize the impact of data loss.

In summary, data management is a comprehensive approach to handle data effectively throughout its lifecycle. It encompasses various processes and practices to ensure data integrity, security, accessibility, and usability. By implementing robust data management strategies, organizations can harness the power of data to make informed decisions, drive innovation, and achieve their business objectives.

• Data Management process

•   Involves the process of data entry, analysis, storage, verification and use.

• There are many different ways that teams assign M&E roles and responsibilities.
    • For example, an M&E advisor who will be overseeing all M&E operations.
    • Or, perhaps hiring an expert for evaluations but will spread out the rest of M&E responsibilities among multiple staff.
    • Or, have no M&E team at all and plan on distributing responsibilities to everyone.

• there was a good data flow topes

• Does each indicator need to be in the flow map? or if it is the same person collecting the data, we can combine them?

• Data is gold, that's why good manage it is very important in the Monitoring Evaluation and to make it helpful for the project is the reason to be of Monitoring and Evaluation.

• DATA MANAGEMENT QUESTIONS :

• What data do we collect, and for what purpose? Understanding the types of data collected and the specific reasons for collecting it helps ensure that data is relevant and aligns with the organization's goals.
    • Where is our data stored, and how is it organized? Knowing where data is stored and how it is organized aids in data retrieval, security, and compliance with data regulations.
    • How do we ensure data quality? Maintaining data accuracy, completeness, and consistency is essential for reliable decision-making and analytics. How does the organization handle data quality control?
    • What measures do we have in place for data security? Protecting sensitive and confidential data is critical. What security protocols are in place to safeguard against data breaches or unauthorized access?
    • How do we handle data backup and disaster recovery? Having proper backup and recovery strategies ensures data availability and reduces the risk of data loss due to system failures or disasters.
    • Are we compliant with data regulations and privacy laws? Understanding data regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA) and ensuring compliance helps protect individuals' privacy rights and avoids legal issues.
    • Do we have a data retention policy? Defining data retention periods and disposing of data appropriately are essential for efficient data management and compliance.
    • How do we manage data access and permissions? Controlling who can access specific data and setting appropriate permissions helps prevent unauthorized data exposure.
    • Are we using data ethically? Consider the ethical implications of data usage, especially when dealing with sensitive or personal information.
    • How do we handle data sharing and collaboration with external parties? When sharing data with external partners or stakeholders, what protocols are in place to protect data and maintain confidentiality?
    • What tools and technologies do we use for data management? Identifying the data management tools and technologies in use helps assess their effectiveness and identify potential areas for improvement.
    • How do we handle data integration from various sources? Data integration allows data from multiple sources to be combined and analyzed cohesively. How is this managed to ensure data consistency?
    • What steps do we take to ensure data governance and accountability? Data governance involves defining roles, responsibilities, and policies for managing data across the organization.
    • How do we handle data archiving and disposal? Archiving older data that is no longer in active use and safely disposing of unnecessary data are part of effective data management.
    • How do we handle data updates and version control? Ensuring data accuracy and maintaining historical records often require proper version control.
    By addressing these data management questions, organizations can build a solid foundation for managing data effectively, securely, and responsibly. It also helps to ensure that data is treated as a valuable asset and used to its full potential for driving business decisions and innovation.

• That's great, nice.

• All ll decisions depend on the result of data processing.

• the module has greatly highlighted how roles and responsibilities are shared in the data management process.

• Porque fazer o gerenciamento de dados

• Data management is the practice of collecting, organizing, protecting, and storing an organization's data so it can be analyzed for business decisions. There are questions which you must consider for data management. These are as follows 1. Why should I care about data management?

1. What normative framework applies to the data?
    2. Is personal data being processed?
      4.Is consent mandatory?
    3. Where should the data be stored during the project?
      6.How much anonymization is enough?
    4. How much documentation is needed?
    5. How to select which data to archive and share?
    6. What are the advantages of sharing data through a data infrastructure?
    7. How can we improve data management support for researchers?
  • What is your data? Quantitative, qualitative, spatial, text, video, physical object, ??? ...

• Evaluation is the structured interpretation and giving of meaning to predicted or actual impacts of proposals or results. It looks at original objectives, and at what is either predicted or what was accomplished and how it was accomplished.

• Data collection is the process of gathering and measuring information on variables of interest, in an established systematic fashion that enables one to answer stated research questions, test hypotheses, and evaluate outcomes.

• systematic assessment of the relevance, adequacy, progress, efficiency, effectiveness,

• RDPC:\Users\felix\RDP6|

• For data holders, the main benefit of sharing their data is to gain efficiency savings, develop new or improve existing products, create new or better ..

• what tools of data collection are we using
    who will collect the data
    who will use the data and how will it be used
    who will analyse the data or how will the data be analysed

1 Reply
  • No data management questions. Again, I do not see the question prompt.

• Data management is crucial for data analysis. Especially if a program collects lots of data, the data need to be tracked and managed so that when it comes time to conduct analyses, we can track what data was taken and how that data was obtained. The metadata is important for retracing steps so that we can understand where and how the data were collected for accuracy during the analysis phase. It's also important to maintain a strong data management system so that when we get to the report writing phase, we can paint a more complete picture about how the data were obtained and what the strengths and weaknesses or gaps in the data are.

• Its good to set roles and responsibilities and the frequency of data collection in the data flow map. This is most commonly dismissed and data management is left to be intuitive when it should be a foundational skill that needs continuous development to improve

• Difficulty posting again.

• Data collection tools are essential instruments used to gather information and data for monitoring, evaluation, research, and decision-making purposes. Designing effective data collection tools is a critical step in ensuring the accuracy, reliability, and relevance of the data collected.

• I think of the data management as machine parts. Once they are well thought out in the planning stages and everything fits properly in terms of roles and responsibilities involved in the data management process, the "machine" will run smoothly

• I would like to know if Monitoring and evaluation team can work in isolation without data management. I have seen an organisation where the M&E team are collecting data for the organisation and there is a data management team collecting other data which is not contributing to the organisations performance.

• Thank you for this learning

• I have learnt a lot

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.