Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Then from this case to me it means if we had properly identified these risks we could have known how to control and make sure that we get to our outputs and then outcomes, therefore we need to spend enough time during project design trying to ask ourselves some questions as to what might hurt our project at every stage

• Yes through indications and means of verification.
    Indicators are what you will measure. Means of Verification are the tools that decide how you will measure progress. These tools could be surveys that participants fill out or record sheets that volunteers fill out.

• To undestand about the problem,make a plan for changes et take a decision for the future

• This module help us to understand more on how to design our projects and identify all possible risks

• impact :To improve food security of rural smallholders in Northern Bahr el Ghazal
    Assumption: The security situation remains stable and the project areas remain accessible to the project staff and implementing partners.
    Risk: the attitude of the local authority towards the project

• An assumption is any project factor that is considered to be true, real, or certain without empirical proof or demonstration.
    Risk is any unexpected event that can affect your project — for better or for worse. Risk can affect anything: people, processes, technology, and resources. Risks are events that might happen, and you may not be able to tell when.
    The main difference between an assumption and a risk is that when a project manager makes an assumption, the project manager expects this assumption to happen. If the assumption is true, the project will be OK. If the risk happens, then the project may not be OK.

There are two key characteristics of risks and assumptions. First, there must be some uncertainty to the event. If there is 100% chance of an event occurring, it is simply a fact. If there is a 0% chance of the event occurring, it is fiction. Neither are risks or assumptions.
    Second, assumptions and risks are both outside the total control of the project team. If the event is within the control of the project team it is neither an assumption nor a risk. It should simply be managed to make it happen.

• Risks and assumptions help you to know how to maneuvere through the project by curbing them so that they have little to no effect on the project.

I really appreciate this module cause it has given me a deeper understanding on log frame and how to easily create it.

• I have learnt a lot

• Risks these are probably possible to happen during the project implementation but i might not be able to have control over them, but if in any way during the baseline survey i was able to anticipate them maybe i would have some remedies of how to overcome them.

Assumptions, i might not be sure they will happen but if at all they happen how am i handling them so that they hardly affect the projects implementation.

• Knowing that is likely to make you fail is half way of passing.

• Risk and assumption are imported in every projects. We always think risk and assumptions.

• In this context, a risk is defined as an uncertain threat that, in case of occurring, could have a negative impact in the completion of the Goal or Activity. ... An assumption, on the other side, is the necessary condition that will enable the successful completion of the Goal or Activity.

Identifying risks and assumptions serves to assess whether the Goals and Activities proposed are realistic and achievable in the given time frame and within the given available human and financial resources.
    In this context, a risk is defined as an uncertain threat that, in case of occurring, could have a negative impact in the completion of the Goal or Activity. An assumption, on the other side, is the necessary condition that will enable the successful completion of the Goal or Activity.
    In order to avoid repetition and redundancy, risks and assumptions should be defined at two levels: general and specific level.

General risks and assumptions can be either related to the overall implementation of the Roadmap or common to all Goals included in the Roadmap. Specific risks and assumptions will be related to a concrete Activity, i.e. a particular risk that could hinder the successful implementation of a concrete Activity or an assumption that is key to the implementation of a specific Activity. For instance, a specific assumption for the Activity "establishing an Authorised Economic Operators Scheme" is that incentives granted to AEOs are enough to motivate private traders to invest in the time and resources to get the certification.

If described negatively, an assumption can become a risk. On the contrary, if defined in positive terms, a risk can be transformed into an assumption. Thus, it is very important to pay attention to redundancy.
    Assumptions that were considered in the form of risks do not need to be noted again and vice-versa. Similarly, risks and assumptions that were defined at general level, do not need to be mentioned again at specific level. If resistance to change is a major risk for the overall completion of the Roadmap's Goals, it would be also risk for the different Activities considered.

• I think by identifying risks and assumptions for your project will actually help you figure out how to minimise them or work around them to ensure that you still have results or the desired impact at the end of the day.

D
    1 Reply
  • Risk and Assumption are important part of the logical framework and the project as a whole. The risk involved are factors that prevents the project from having the desired impact.
    Outlining this would aid making the right decision and proffer solutions.
    While assumptions are refered to as our own bias. What we think would happen without evidences or facts to back them up.

• Yes you are right, Those are risk pointed out by your mum and your assumptions?
    I guess were your initial plan of thinking everything will go as planned . Nice

• It's true . How to combat or avoids the risk plays an important part in a project. I like the idea of a survey through questionnaire and other possible mode of feed back from the workers or the environment.

• Risks and assumptions can make me as a research be aware of the loopholes that might cause the goals not to be achieved, hence it's important for me to pay great attention to them before beginning my project

• Risks are factors that are outside the team members' control. They sometimes lead to shortcomings within the project. Assumptions are one's own biases; often based on little to no evidence. If applied to inputs, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, both risks and assumptions can help improve these components and lead to stronger results.

• Risks and Assumptions are very essential for a project design and for M&E process. These help to think about critically for the smooth operation of the M&E and Project work.

• The risks and assumptions of the logical framework describe the situations, events, conditions or decisions which are necessary for the success of the project but which are largely or completely beyond the control of the project's management. Risks are events that may have a negative impact on the project but if the risks do not occur, then the project will be successful.

• Crisis settings (both relating to conflicts and disasters) are ‘not normal’.This has ramifications on
    all aspects of programming including planning, monitoring and evaluation. In general,‘normal’
    planning, monitoring and evaluation methods and mechanisms presented in this Handbook
    are transferable to crisis settings, with several important caveats:
    ! Crisissituations are dynamic and UNDP programming should quickly respond to radical changes
    that often take place in such circumstances.Therefore,the situation should continually be
    analysed and monitored to ensure that programming remains relevant. Changes should be
    documented so that monitoring and evaluating of the relevance and appropriateness of
    development initiatives takes into consideration the fluid situations in which they were
    conceived and implemented.This will involve continuous situational and conflict analysis.
    ! At the same time, crisis situations are characteristically ones of raised (or potentially raised)
    tension between different parties.Thus crisis and conflict-sensitivity should be exercised in
    all aspects of programming—including planning, monitoring and evaluation—to ensure
    that both the substance and process of programming is conducted in a way to reduce, or
    at the least not heighten,tensions between different parties. Security of programme staff,
    beneficiaries, and M&E staff can be a constant concern, and risk analysis for all those
    involved should be constantly monitored and factored into M&E activities.
    ! It is important to keep a ‘big picture’ perspective: The connectivity of projects and
    programmes to the wider peace process is critical, particularly for conflict prevention and
    peace-building programming. Planning, monitoring and evaluation should always include
    this aspect to avoid a situation where a project is‘successful’ in terms of meeting the desired
    results, but either doesn’t have an impact on the wider peace or negatively impacts it.

• I now clearly understand that in order to establish a well defined logical framework the overall goal or impact has to be realistically determined so that the inputs, the outputs and the outcomes can then be projected. Similarly, the risks and assumptions can then be defined. This clearly demonstrates the "vertical" and "horizontal" logics of developing a logical framework. It is obvious that developing a logical framework is a crucial task in project design.

• Great module!!!!! So what happens when you are already in the implementation stage of a national project and something like the Covid-19 global pandemic comes to picture???

P
    1 Reply
  • In this context we look at risk as an uncertain threat, that in case of occuring could have a negative impact in the completion of the goal or activity. while Assumptions on the other side is the necessary conditionthat will enable the successful completion of a the goal or activity.

• Risk involves taking action even when you are aware of all the consequences and benefits that might occur but one still goes a head to do the thing.
    Assumption involves having a notion that an action is dangerous or an action is good yet one doesn't have the courage to pertake and act.

P
    1 Reply
  • I think risks and assumptions should be broken down by short term and long term R&A, as mitigating them would require different strategies.

• WHAT IS REASON FOR DETERMINING ASSUMPTIONS DURING PROJECT DESIGN?

• Outcomes clearly shows the effects of a program or project. it is a determinant for impact

• knowing your risks would help you to tread cautiously when performing your activities and strategies to achieve the specific objectives of the project

• my project M&E plan is education for poor children and we setup a school so the impacts or Goal are al children must learn end of school year a Numeracy and literacy , risk and assumption are , maybe children cannot come on time because of luck of transportation, they are sick ,parent's less awareness of education, volunteers don't come .

• Risks usually are usually those things that are capable of happening and affect the implementation negatively buy if earlier on predicted can be worked upon.

Assumptions are normally are thoughts or beliefs that can not be supported with evidence for example boys are more illiterate compaired to girls,

• Yeah what have discovered about risks is that you identify them prior and then plan ways of how to overcome or surpass them. One doesn't need to get discouraged by them rather to find solutions

• Yeah that is so true and the assumptions helps one not to rely on their thoughts lest it could be a paradigm shift.

• Risk and assumptions are a important part of project design. It gives you chances to prepare for possible challenges, develop mitigation plans, and ensure success of project.

• @shadrecksamungu said in Module 2 Discussion: Risks and Assumptions:

Great module!!!!! So what happens when you are already in the implementation stage of a national project and something like the Covid-19 global pandemic comes to picture???

I think at this stage one needs to get back to the log frame and see what to be changed so to implement the project, for example include zoom meetings as activities, including the local personnel's in the field in case of limited transport, just coming up with solutions to solve the problem but as well implementing the projetc.

• this is mainly important to know that when planning for any project, risks must be put in account to create awareness in case of appearance

• helps me to understand what risks i may encounter in the project and the assumptions i have made during the creation of the project.

F
    1 Reply
  • Are we able to foresee all risks?

• risk- is the an unexpected outcomes that may happen during the duration of the project.
    assumptions-these are the things accepted to happen during the duration of the project and are true but they lack proof.

• risk are thing that you can not control that during designing projects we expect several risks in every phase during the project which may affect the outcome and the impact of the project.
    Assumptions are believes that you can not say they are fact since the lack of evidence.

• Answering the 3 basic questions which are, your project goals, project activities and potential problems that you should avoid, helps one design an achievable project

• An M and E plan helps team coordinate roles and responsibilities and it will make sure that everyone knows exactly what needs to be done and why

• ASSUMPTIONS
    Assumptions are project factors that are considered to be true, real or uncertain without empircal truth or demonstration. Realistically speaking, its impossible to plan a project without making few assuptions. The key is knowing how to spot those assumptions and putting safeguards in place so that if any assumption is proven false, the impact on project delivery will be minimal. It's also important to note that every project assumption poses a potential risk. Below are some of the project assumptions examples:

• You will have access to all the resources you need to complete the project, both human and material.
      -Personal costs will not change during the project cycle.
    • The overal cost of day to day will not increase.
    • All eqipment will be in working condition through the project cycle.
      RISKS
      Risks are factors outside of your control that could cause your project to go poorly. Examples of risks include:
    • Participants might not have access to all the resources they may need t o complete the project both human and material.
    • The overal cost of day to day may increase.
    • All equipments needed might not be in good working condition through the project cycle.
  • The risk and assumption show the thing of that hurt our project and to avoid that we must ask for us some questions that can help our project in order to keep the impact.
    In other way it’s help me to know the disadvantage then to provide a solution

A
    1 Reply
  • The risks and assumptions help me to know the problems that i can find during the project implementation in asking some questions to find a solution to provide a good impact

• Risks and Assumptions proved to be one of the most crucial part of the logical framework as the help to plan appropriately and adjust our workplan and targets set.
    During one of our project on the adaptation of local communities to climate change through job creation and access to financial services, we had tried to figure out some risks through assumptions. These assumptions were based on the main assumption that consist in knowing if the local communities get job and have access to finance would they enable to adapt to climate change impacts
    from this main assumption, we had formulated the following assumptions

• Is access to financial services well enough to build the adaptation capacity of the local communities?
    • Is the service provided to local community fit for its intended purpose or the context?
    • is job creation enough to build the adaptation capacity of local communities?
    • What was the type of job required for adaptation?
    • Would the number of expected jobs enough to ensure the adaptation to climate change?

These questions helped us to avoid some problems and to tailor the project to the context and the objectives. these unforseen problems are considered as risks.

• Thanks to this module I now realize that in project management, identifying risks and assumptions is of paramount importance for the success of a project and for the achievement of our objectives.

Very good course.

• I have so far leant that risks and assumptions play critical when designing M&E plan. They may hinder the realization of the project's implementation phase from input, output, income and eventually the intended impact of the project.
    A formative research can be conducted to a certain the level of these risks and assumption before the kick-off of a project implementation. This will help the project managers to generate information that will help them to make informed-decisions that will lower the level of risks and assumptions throughout the project implementation.

• Risks are things out of our control that can disrupt the project while assumptions are ones biases that one believes can disrupt the project but their is no evidence supporting it

• it is quite important to know and understand your risk while planning your project as this gives you an understanding of likely "hiccups" you will face during the project implementation.

• Risk and Assumption
    Risks are the things are the things out of our project control that might disrupts the the set of plan, so that this is the probability of things will be happen during the project activity
    Assumptions- are the the process of biases, things that we believe without an evidence or it might be lack of much evidence based,
    Risk and assumption is necessarily considered in any project development

• Risk and assumption in program implementation is the probability that an event could impede a goal. As Peter mentioned in the video, it is always good to identify and plan for potential risks and assumptions before kick-starting a program. Such a step will help prepare you for any unforeseen circumstances when they show up during implementation. Risks and assumptions are as essential to a project as a spare-tire is to a motor vehicle driver.

• This are the things that might disrupt our plan/project.
    The should be thought of and solved before the plan/project start.

• The Risk assessment is critical in designing the project. this module help me to capture the process, and stage design through log frame. Without understanding the risk factor and assumptions that intertwined with it, project can be biases and it will effected the implementation of the project. Risk and assumption allow us to capture supporting element for output to be produce and outcomes to be delivered to achieve the impact expected. I learned that producing risk assessment and assumptions should be cohort with inputs, output and outcomes to ensure ideas inline with the purpose of the project and facilitates adjustment and review for the design of the project

• Risks and assumptions are important aspects when designing a project.
    It is important to find risks and assumptions before the project starts, this will help you know what might disrupt the plan and what precautions you need to take if necessary.
    It is important to connect each level with the other for easy identification of the risks and assumptions.

• Risks are things outside beyond our control that might disrupt the project. Eg... A situation where you are doing a project and the impact is to improve food security in a region then it happens that there is insufficient rainfall within that Region-this is a risk that we cannot control.
    Assumptions are the things that we believe without evidence.
    Risk and assumptions are important aspects when designing a project. It is important to find risks and assumptions before the project starts.
    For easy way of spotting risks and assumptions, it is important to connect different levels using the if/then statement.

• Awesomeness lessons here

• A project should have a a goal herein called impact. In order to achieve the impact, a lot of activities(input and outputs) will have to be carried out. The output results in outcomes. While outputs are easily predictable, outcomes are not predictable since they are not under our control.
    At each stage of our project which is defined in a LogFrame (Inputs-Outputs-Outcomes-Impact), we make some assumptions(our biases) while there are risks that we may need to be aware of. Assumptions are conditions/events that will favor our project, while risks are likely hindrances to the achievement of out project goal. Risks and assumptions exists at each stage of the LogFrame and they need to be identified at the design stage of the project.
    In our project(MEH) we assumed that giving microloans to girls will lead to financial empowerment. We saw that this many not be so as there are risks and assumptions. The girls may not apply the loans as expected. They may apply the loan to a business but the business can fail etc. All these are risks.

• Identification of risks and assumptions during the design stage of the project will lead to better controls to mitigate the effects and ensure the goal of the project is achieved. This may result in other activities not initially intended.

• Risks and Assumptions refer to things that may be obstacle to any project.

• It is important to plan the risks and assumptions that may occur without conditions or without a problem in a planning mechanism. Therefore, presumption and planning for risks will protect the project from collapse, because there is a plan that avoids the amplification of these risks.

• Risk and assumptions are a vital part of any project success. They need to be identified, controlled, and monitored continuously. An assumption is a condition you think to be true, and can ultimately cause a risk and limit your project. Assumptions need to be analyzed, while risks need to be identified throughout the project lifecycle. Managing assumptions and risk is necessary to complete your project with an insignificant impediment.

• PLEASE I NEED HELP ON THIS COURSE

• Risks and Assumptions

Impact

• The girls business might not be financial successfully

Outputs

• Girls might not want to start or upgrade businesses
    • Girls might might be discouraged from starting or upgrading businesses by their family or culture
    • Girls might not know how to start or upgrade a business

Outcomes

• Microloans are given to the wrong people
    • Girls are not interested in getting microloans

Input

• There are not enough funds for microloans
  • How to assume risks in project

J
    1 Reply
  • oh mouth watering already, well so far i am almost becoming an M&E expert, risks and assumptions in project design is very important as learnt so far because it saves you time to regret what you have not inputed into your project. it helps you change your strategies on how the project will ran and i think make a better workplans and targets.

• A risk is an assumption with a higher level of failure. If the risk is likely to occur and the impact is important, but not life threatening, you should include it in the logframe and monitor the risk. If possible, you should try to influence the risk. If the impact of the risk is low, you shouldn’t include it into the logframe. Like indicators, assumptions have to be verifiable.

• Risks and assumptions are very important part of our project design. The Risk helps to identify areas that may affect the desired result or the impact that the project seeks to achieve. These Risks and assumptions must be written clearly in the appropriate columns for output, outcomes and impacts respectively. The assumptions are important to point out especially if they cannot be verified or backed up with data evidence. It must be stated clearly as assumption in the logframe.

• While "risks" are considered factors outside your plan that affect the outcome of your plan, "assumptions" are biases or beliefs, without evidence, that can also affect the outcome and therefore the output and impact of the plan. It is crucial that during the project design phase the designer documents all possible risks and assumptions and conduct their formative research to potentially mitigate those risks and assumptions. This should be done before and during the project design to help reduce or eliminate a negative output/outcome/impact of the project.

Given the pandemic that we are currently facing, it is imperative that we learn from the overall impact it has had on the economy and peoples' lives. Very few could have predicted that a pandemic would hit us so hard and last this long.

https://www.contractormag.com/covid-19/article/21127609/agc-survey-finds-wave-of-halted-canceled-projects

https://abc7news.com/dry-cleaning-businesses-closing-bay-area-cleaners-shutdown-palo-alto-covid-impact/10393826/

Companies found themselves scrambling to create a contingency plan as they had not assumed this in their risk as they made the assumption that something like this was inconceivable. Given the uncertainty of the situation it is difficult for businesses to say if the made the right decisions in their contingency plans.

Then there are those companies that did a risk assessment and extrapolated their areas of vulnerability from different angles. They assessed these risks and put in measures to mitigate the negative impact that would have resulted had these risks became a reality. A great example of this forward thinking was what the U of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign when they realized that their earnings were significantly dependent on international students, in particular Chinese students. Their risk analysis resulted in them taking out insurance in the event their enrollment of Chinese students fell below a certain percentage.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/06/university-discovers-solution-to-drop-in-chinese-students-insurance.html

Another example of the Risk Assessment is the introduction of the 10th Man Principle by the Israel Defense Force where they have one individual whose role is to play the role of devil's advocate and intentionally disagree with the group and find fault in their reasoning. This came about as a result of the 1973 Yom Kippur War/Ramadan War.

The risk of group mentality is that someone may fear that questioning the group or going against them can be seen as detrimental to their career or the project, but risk assessment and questioning certain aspects of the project to expose weaknesses is something that should be encouraged, not punished.

Understanding that not mitigating risks and assumptions can hamper the project is in itself the first risk/assumption that has to be overcome for a successful project.

• I am pretty well placed on how to identify risks and assumptions on the outputs, income and impact sections using the if/then questions but how do you identify the same on the inputs section?

• Risks:
    Input: Fund leverage, community don't want to contribute, no better site
    Output: Solar panel theft, malfunctioning of pump, water scarcity
    Outcome: drought, heavy rain, Pest attack, free grazing
    Impact: low rate, exploitation by tedor, no any positive effect on women

• Risks and assumptions help the project identify obstacles and expected hazards. An assumption is the act of taking something for granted or supposing. In a project sense, an assumption is something we establish as true for the purposes of allowing us to proceed with our project work, usually during the planning and estimating phase. Assumptions enable the project to move forward without absolutely certain information

• Assumptions and risks are external conditions that are outside the control of the programme. The achievement of aims depends on whether or not assumptions hold true and the risks do not materialize. If cause and effect is the core concept of good programme design, necessary and sufficient conditions are the corollary.

• Riscos são todos factores não observados que podem comprometer o projecto, as suposições são todas evidências impiricas encotradas no tereno. É necessário saber como conter os riscos e como resolver as suposições

• Risks and assumptions are important in preventing the project from falling into pitfalls that could have been avoided. Also, listing down the risks and assumptions help the staff to prepare for alternatives and look for options to keep the project moving despite the risks.

• Risks : These are factors outside your control that could cause your project to go poorly , examples are, participants may not bee able to go to the workshop

Assumptions are things that you believe but that are not supported by evidence . Examples are , Participants will not be able to join thee activity

• Risks:
    Input: Fund leverage, community don't want to contribute, no better site
    Output: Solar panel theft, malfunctioning of pump, water scarcity
    Outcome: drought, heavy rain, Pest attack, free grazing
    Impact: low rate, exploitation by tedor, no any positive effect on women

• Target should be realistic to achieve and has relevance to the project.

• its crucial to use the if/then statements to test the possible risks and assumptions in a project. Bias is expected and to avoid the possibility of unforeseen mistakes can lead to a poor project implementation and reporting.

• Risks and assumptions are major hinderances to attaining the desired impact set out to achieve.

• As i understand, here are some information about risk and assumption;-

1. Risk means things that out of your control and disrupt your project where as,
    2. Assumption is about your bias that personal believe with out much evidence.
      Both of them should be identified early in the project design time

Regarding unrealistic target

1. unrealistic target can not reach because of different reason as mentioned below:-
    • due to resource are limitation, it is difficult to achieve the target
      -since every thing time bounded, it can't be addressed the sated target
    • currently every thing are competition, it can't be get fund for the project
  • As i understand, here are some information about risk and assumption;-

1. Risk means things that out of your control and disrupt your project where as,
    2. Assumption is about your bias that personal believe with out much evidence.
      Both of them should be identified early in the project design time

Regarding unrealistic target

1. unrealistic target can not reach because of different reason as mentioned below:-
    • due to resource are limitation, it is difficult to achieve the target
      -since every thing time bounded, it can't be addressed the sated target
    • currently every thing are competition, it can't be get fund for the project
      Regarding creating data collection:-
      -I understood very clear way that what step shall i follow to create it and the way utilize it
      for this reason this module really very important for all student, workes as well as other individual working on Monitoring and Evaluation project/program
  • Good project planning needs to take into account project assumptions and uncertainties that would affect the project. These are done at levels of projects impact, outcomes and activities.

• Risk are things which come out of your project which are not under your control.For example the risk of the girls using their loan money for leisure instead of business.
    Assumption is want might happen to the project.For example start of a business which won't bring income as expected.

• Risks are those grey areas or aspect of a project that are not under the control of the organiser or planner. These areas are usually unexpected by the planner and could come up at anytime during project implementation which could disrupt the project. While assumptions ar those things a planner believes and trust about a project without any evidence or data. They can be referred to as biases.

Risks and assumptions can simply be summoned up to be those unforeseeable conditions that can affect the implementation of a project.

• Having gone through this module, I have successfully identified risks and assumptions in my upcoming project and this have helped me to develop a much better project than before.

• The risks you might encounter are all depended on the type of project your doing. The important thing is u study and know your project and then it will be easy to identify the risks

• its crucial to use the if/then statements to test the possible risks and assumptions in a project. Bias is expected and to avoid the possibility of unforeseen mistakes can lead to a poor project implementation and reporting.

• Risk and assumptions during the project is indeed a changing variant. Being apple to identify some of the risks and produce solutions in the early stages before starting could save time, energy, and effort that should be directed somewhere else in the course of project's implementation.

• Risks refers to happenings that are beyond our control as we implement the project activities. Assumptions on the other hand, refers to our beliefs and biases that are not backed by evidence.
    In dealing with risks and assumptions during the project design stage, it is prudent for us to conduct formative research in order to find solutions to these phenomena that may throw the project off course when implemented.
    It very important to identify risks and assumptions for any project during the project design stage in order to be abreast with the risks that may occur for pursuing a particular project activity and institute measures to minimize them. Similarly, it is very important for us to not just make assumptions about the effect of a project activity but back every assumption by facts or data to make such assumptions scientific.

Unrealistic targets are bench marks we set way beyond the capacity of our project to achieve. These kind of targets are unachievable because it may require more resources to achieve them meanwhile the resources available to us could not support the project to reach that threshold. Failure to achieve such targets demoralizes the project team leader, the team as well as the donors. However, in order to ensure we set ambitious targets yet realistic, we need to fall on available data on previous projects in similar domain, study trends of previous projects, and consider the resources in terms of money, people, time etc.

• *****Monitoring And Evaluation Assistant is very important skills for any company
    Strategic planning from human capital
    Planning and organizational and diriction Analysis data and implementation in company *******

• Risks are factors beyond the control of the team, which could cause the project to go poorly or have some challenges. It is very important to factor in these risks while developing the M&E plan so as to suggest ways to mitigate them or solve them should they occur. Practically, risks should be identified for the project impact, outcomes, outputs and inputs. An example of a risk is force majeure, a situation in which a form of disaster (unplanned) can disrupt the activities, hence the project. Such things can't be predicted, but it's very important to note them as potential risks and prepare for them.

Assumptions on the other hand are similar to risk, but not the same. They are the things you believe but are not supported by evidence. They can also be referred to as biases. For instance, on the MEH project, an assumption is that all the girls will want to receive the microloans to start businesses. What if some girls believe that there are other ways of attaining financial prosperity? In fact, the impact of the project is based on the assumption that all the girls will be interested in businesses, hence owning businesses and how successful those businesses are become a bias - an assumption.

• It is very important to identify the risks and assumptions so that when you get to evaluate your data you already have a clear picture of what are the possibilities in terms of risks.

• Risks and Assumptions are sometime unexpected circumstance that may take place doing the project implementation time,

• Risks and Assumptions help me set a mitigation plan.

• this party of the course the risks and assumptions is an important party of an M&E plan. by making risks and assumptions, help detected unfoctionning things, reduce the faillure of the project

• Risk
    Risk is an inevitable hypothesis which needs to be answered to ensuring that a project is comprehensively managed. It is always associated to the real-life situation; although it may not be favourable to project implementers but a most to ensure project success.
    Risk can be in either negative or positive forms. It is not an over emphasis that all projects are attributed to one risk or another. The risks may be foreseen and could be otherwise. Risks could be at different levels of degrees.
    In view of these, project implementers should cultivate the habit of asking ourselves questions in the “if this happens…………” “then……………”. Also in the form of brainstorm to find out potential risks.

Similarly,
    Assumptions
    Assumption appears to be closely related to risk but there are distinct between them. However, assumptions are believed to be true assertions. These are predicted actions that are expected during a project life cycle. This could be based on ones past experience or through the information made available during the conception of the project cycle for better management.
    Assumptions may also not end up being true; yet they could have effect on the project.
    Despite these, assumptions play an essential role in developing and to achieving a successful project implementation.

• Risk
    Risk is an inevitable hypothesis which needs to be answered to ensuring that a project is comprehensively managed. It is always associated to the real-life situation; although it may not be favourable to project implementers but a most to ensure project success.
    Risk can be in either negative or positive forms. It is not an over emphasis that all projects are attributed to one risk or another. The risks may be foreseen and could be otherwise. Risks could be at different levels of degrees.
    In view of these, project implementers should cultivate the habit of asking ourselves questions in the “if this happens…………” “then……………”. Also in the form of brainstorm to find out potential risks.

Similarly,
    Assumptions
    Assumption appears to be closely related to risk but there are distinct between them. However, assumptions are believed to be true assertions. These are predicted actions that are expected during a project life cycle. This could be based on ones past experience or through the information made available during the conception of the project cycle for better management.
    Assumptions may also not end up being true; yet they could have effect on the project.
    Despite these, assumptions play an essential role in developing and to achieving a successful project implementation.

• this party of the course is important as it determines and gives ideas about the coming danger that can prevent from reaching the goal.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.