Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• We are a child foundation in India, focusing on the student learning and development. Our largest donor begins their budgeting year on January 1st, so we will sync our budgeting year with them. Apart from that, the student program activity and budget should sync to school calendar.

• We are an NGO based in Kenya empowering vulnerable girls and transforming communities in Kenya through Education. Our budgeting year starts in August every year since our calendar runs from January to 31st December. We settled on this period so as to align with the school calendar

• We are an NGO based in Kenya empowering vulnerable girls and transforming communities in Kenya through Education. Our budgeting year starts in January to 31st December, to ensure that we have the budget in good time our budgeting process starts in August every year. We settled on this period so as to align with the school calendar

J
    3 Replies
  • Our location is in Indonesia. And financial year here starts at 1st January and end at 31st December.

• In Kenya, our financial year begins on 1st of July and ends on 3of June. Most of the organizations including ours have adopted the same period for their budgeting cycle.

• My organization is located in Haiti.
    We ran a consulting program focused on socio-economic development and other politic-related matters. We conducting studies and focus groups all over the country, to know the needs of the citizens and propose how to respond and provide to them.
    I think the budgeting should start in January because it is the beginning of the year. It would give us an opportunity to reflect on our past operations and set new resolutions to improve them.

P
    1 Reply
  • Our operations are in South American countries and our main funding comes from EU grants. Therefore, we have a budgeting year from January to December as both, donors and countries of operations, manage the same financial year.

• Our organization is located in Uganda, most of our stakeholders calendar year starts on January 1st and end on December 31st. So we synchronize our budgeting year to this schedule.

M
    1 Reply
  • We are a park district/ historical society collaboration museum in Northern Illinois. We run all types of programs that fall in line with the museums mission. Our budget years starts January 1st. We are a seasonal institution with many of our programs falling in the warmer months.

• We are a Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights organization in Tanzania. Our single largest donor begins their budgeting year on November 1st, so we will sync our budgeting year to this schedule as well.

• In Rwanda, fiscal year begins on 1st July and also fiscal year of our funders begins on 1st July or on 1st January. So, we must sync our budget to calendars of our funders.

• In Nigeria, Government Budgeting year starts in January and ends in December, the government budget determines which business sector will thrive the most in the fiscal year. Thus, my organization always aligns with the government budgeting year this has helped us in achieving increase in productivity as we follow with the government most important police.

• When is USA budgeting year?

1 Reply
  • Our organization has located in Yangon, Myanmar. Our program is raising awareness about human rights to youth. Program budget starts every July. We start drawing budget and proposal at May. Two months are quite enough time because we use incremental-budgeting and top-down style.

• Our organization has located in Yangon, Myanmar. Our program is raising awareness about human rights to youth. Program budget starts every July. We start drawing budget and proposal at May. Two months are quite enough time because we use incremental-budgeting and top-down style.

• We work with women’s organizations from all around the world. Our main operations office is based in London. We will begins our budgeting year on March 1st to match the local legislation and our largest donors budgeting year.

• Please, give details of why the financial year starts... And ends....?

Thanks

1 Reply
  • Every Country or institution have their own budgeting period to follow.
    For my institution our budget period starts from July to June because of our educational calendar.

For my institution our budget period starts from July to June because of our educational calendar.
    The operating budget was used.

• Our program would run in Africa, therefore, our budgeting year would run from January to December.

• We are an agribusiness company in Kenya selling quality livestock and crop inputs and services to farmers. Our budget year runs from Jan 1st to Dec 31st in line with our planning cycle.

• We are into dress making in Ghana. In Ghana a starts from the 1st of January and ends on the 31st of December. Our donors begin their budgeting year on the 1st of January so we will work with that. The budgeting year should start every 1st January and end every 31 st December.

• In cash flow budget preparation one has to calculate cash receivables and cash expenditure that would take place in a fixed/ certain time period. However, keeping a proper track with project budgeting is equally important and hence, cash flow budgets are prepared monthly and in some countries even weekly. This would help to have some reflective ideas about effective implementation of budget in projects.

• We operate a program that helps people that reside in homeless or low income communities become independent. So, our programs operate January through December therefore our budget will be the same.

• Our programs helps people in need and located in the United States. We operate our programs January to December and our budget dates are the same to ensure we operate in a grant cycle to have funds for our program.

• Am from Kenya and our financial year begins on 1st of July and ends on 3of June. so our organization has adopted that and we are working within that time frame. we are an organization that deals with creating awareness and advocacy.

The operating budget was used.

• our organization was location in Nigeria our on youth rehabilitation and orphaned Centre Bauchi . we start our budget at January and end at December fiscal year.

• The Art Students' League is a school as well as a membership organization. The school year runs from September to June. I imagine the financial year is the same. Budget being approved in June for the following September.

• We are an organization for the protection of the environment in Guinea. Our budget year starts on January 1 because most of our donors start their budget years on January 1.

• Budgeting Year

• Budgeting Year

• Budgeting Year

• we are a non governmental organization in the heart of Kaduna with donors from all over the world. we make our budget at the first of November every year and we immediately send the budget to our donors to make arrangement on sending donation.

• we are a non governmental organization in the heart of Kaduna with donors from over the world. we make our budget at the first week of November yearly and immediately we send it to our donors for the next years donation.

• We are hotel chain in Pakistan. We run this business by providing rooms to customers, make arrangements for different type of meetings for the client organizations. We deal with individual clients as well as corporations. Our budget year should start from July 1 to June 30, because the financial year here in Pakistan started at July 1st to June 30th. It easy to make taxes payments.

• I'm also working with a group, a social responsibility group known as Mumkin Kar. It has many projects and funded by different donors related to different industries. It financial year starts from January 1 to Dec 31.

• It is a good initiative. I want to join this organization as a volunteer

• October 1st to September 30th

• We are an organisation involved in education and agriculture here in Uganda. We follow the seasonality of agriculture as well as the education programs. Therefore, to properly align our work with the budget. Our financial year run from February 01st through January 31st so as to sync with the donor and beneficiaries

• Even though the Fiscal Year in Uganda starts on the 1st of July and that is where we are located, we will start our budget on 1st of February because 99% of Donors are in Spain where the fiscal year starts on January 1st. Our main project has to do with Education and the academic year starts on February 1st so we have chosen to sync with the academic year. It also convenient for us because In Spain we are not expected to present the Annual Report until late March or beginning of April. This budgeting calendar gives us the Christmas holidays to prepare the drafts and be able to present it to the Board in Mid January.

• My organization COYED been located in the Gambia Banjul,Sierra Leone Freetown west African, the organization running as a Concern for the following, are Malaria treatment of Bed Net,Single parents,Orphanages old age Set , dropped out from Schools,Child abandoned on the street,and Girl's Child prostitution , when those infect get on Human live and there is a need for it solution,which COYED Organization saw it ,that there is a way out for them, in that situation, we met and give them hope,that their are human being,some one care for them as a parent,which we support their need,, which today they having a Smile face.
    I though the Budgeting should start on January 1st to December fiscal? because it be at the beginning and end of the year.
    The reason for choose this date,ithas to be the appropriate time for their Donors to begin their budgeting year, January 1st to December which will made the organization syne it budgeting year for it schedule.

• Our operating financial year budget begin in September of each year. This is because, our company is funded by US government under BPRM.

• My organization COYED been located in the Gambia Banjul,Sierra Leone Freetown west African, the organization running as a Concern for the following, are Malaria treatment of Bed Net,Single parents,Orphanages old age Set , dropped out from Schools,Child abandoned on the street,and Girl's Child prostitution , when those infect get on Human live and there is a need for it solution,which COYED Organization saw it ,that there is a way out for them, in that situation, we met and give them hope,that their are human being,some one care for them as a parent,which we support their need,, which today they having a Smile face.
    I though the Budgeting should start on January 1st to December fiscal? because it be at the beginning and end of the year.
    The reason for choose this date,ithas to be the appropriate time for their Donors to begin their budgeting year, January 1st to December which will made the organization syne it budgeting year for it schedule.

• We run a sea turtle conservation program which is centered around the nesting season. This nesting season runs from May to December, so the budget is centered around this. We work a lot with international volunteers and since they need to make arrangements if they want to join, the budget needs to be clean by march, so that we know what we can offer.

• We are into laboratory and testing services here in Nigeria. our budget start from January to end 31st of December.

• My Organization is based in Kenya
    We Run Children and Girls Programs
    Our Staring Year should be in 1st January
    This is because it will match the other local Stakeholders year and this will help estimate the supplies prices. It will also be very appropriate to our donors.

• We deal in community health. Our budgeting year starts from January and ends in December. It is generally accepted in South Sudan.

• We are an animal refugee in México, where we seek for the safety of street animals and to share awareness on all animal related topics threatening their lives and the community’s safety.
    Our budgeting year starts with the fiscal year, from January 1st to December 31st, since our main investors submit their taxes on the same dates, it is easier for everybody to sync with the fiscal year in order to get things done in time with any complications.

• We are Career guidance group in Lesotho. Our potential donor begins their budgeting on 1 May, so we will ensure that our budgeting aligns with such.

• My organization is an NGO that fosters sustainable and vibrant communities through unique partnership focused on education, women empowerment, food security and health. Our budgeting year is scheduled on January 1st because this is the scheduled budgeting year for our donors

• In Ethiopia the budgeting year starts at july first and ends at june 30. my organization follows this budget year. Usually we start budget preparation in March and finish before due date.

• We are a learning institute we usually match our period with the calendar year because all learning institute starts from January to December. Most of our donors try to adjust and suit the calendar year

• Our budget is funded by the Government, our budget start at the beginning of every academy year and end at the ending of the academy year.
    Usually the academy year starts in September and end in July.

• My program will follow the Jan-Dec year so we can report out at the beginning of the year our annual impact. My budgeting will start in October to give adequate time to have it approved by Jan 1.

• we are a private diagnostics center rendering health care services to the populace in Nigeria, our budget year is twelve calendar month starting from 1st of January to 31st of December every year to met with the government budgeting year for the payment of taxes and giving annual report for each year.

• my budgeting year should start in January because it is the begining of the year and ends in December as it is the end of the year . the activity will be training for computer beginners and location is wau south sudan

• my budgeting year should start in January because it is the begining of the year and ends in December as it is the end of the year . the activity will be training for computer beginners and location is wau south sudan

• We are an organization located in Kenya we advocate for government accountability in the delivery of services,collection and the use of taxes and influence policy through engagements partnership and tax payers transforming information and research.Our donors and partners begin their budgeting year on January and ends in December so we align our budgeting year to this as well

• I'm from Africa so most companies start their budgeting year in January of every year.

• The 31th of December of every year.

• Non Government Organization

• My organization is an aquaculture venture, we are situated in Zambia. December is the month we make most sales because of the holidays. A budgeting calendar that works well for us is one that ends on march 31st.

• we normally budget for the whole every january

• running a business in south africa , our budgets starts every january .

• We are involved in economic empowerment program for indigent children in a local council in Nigeria. Our donors are individuals, mostly eminent citizens of the community who like to support philanthropic activities. The donations are made during the end of year community meetings in December. Hence, our budgeting year will run from January to December. We try to get the Budget ready by end of November each so that the amount needed to fund the next budget will be known before the community meetings. Most of the donations come in between from that December Xmas holiday period till April

• Our organization is in Bangladesh where the year starts in jan and ends in december. We also follow the same budgeting year. We are a buying house who export goods to EU and the north america.

• My organization's intervention is in forest development program and its fiscal period is January to December.

• We are a child aid organization based in Kenya, Africa. Our donors stipulates specifically that our financial and budgeting year should begin on 1st January and end 31st December, so we have no other alternative but to stick to the recommended our budgeting year schedule

• List out the main tasks that your team will need to complete. Starting from the last task that you will need to complete and working backwards, estimate when each task will need to be completed

• my organization is Nigerian base and our budgeting year starts January 1st and ends December 31st every year except otherwise. this is what is applicable in my country

• My organization focuses on the economic empowerment of Youths, Aged and Women in Kenya community. The Kenyan government begins their budgeting year on 1st July every year, so our budgeting year is sync with this. The budgeting process for the organization starts on 2nd May every year.

• In Nigeria, Government Budgeting year starts in January and ends in December, the government budget determines which business sector will thrive the most in the fiscal year. Thus, my organization always aligns with the government budgeting year this has helped us in achieving increase in productivity as we follow with the government.

• The finance director asks each of the three program managers to produce a draft budget for their program. One month later, they submit their drafts.

The manager of the professional development program has taken an incremental approach. She used the exact same template as last year, updating the line items where costs have changed.

The manager of the health program, on the other hand, saw this as an opportunity to pitch a bold new vision. Her budget includes line items for hiring a new M&E manager, renovations to the mobile clinic, and consultations with a healthcare design firm. She proposes paying for these new expenditures with a large grant which has not even been applied to yet.

No one is quite sure what the manager of the advocacy program has proposed because, unlike her two colleagues, she has not used an income-expenditure budget template. Her annual program budget is written as a three-page narrative.

S
    1 Reply
  • Our program is mainly funded by USAID in Nigeria, our budget circle start from October to September every year, we normal sync to suit the donor financial calender.

• our budget year began at July, because this is the schedule that our country follow

• We are an international NGO in Burundi. Our budgeting period begins on on July 1st, so we will sync our budgeting year to this schedule as well.

• Our Organization is located in Nigeria, a grant giving NGO. Our grants to other NGOs are to support majorly healthcare, education and skill a acquisition in Nigerian. Our budget year runs from January 1st to December 31st in line with our planning cycle as approved by the board.

1 Reply
  • Our program is USAID unded and therefore, we follow the USA budget year in planning

• Our location is Mozambique, and the financial year starts in 1st January, and ends in December, 31st and we do our budgeting in january!

• Most of our projects and programs (Nutrition, Emergency Operations, Health Delivery) are in Nigeria, therefore, our budgeting year runs from 1st January to 31st December because of the fiscal year in the country

1 Reply
  • Our budgting year is March 31st so each year budget is started from April 1st of that year.

• Are you Nigerian?

• Wonderful , Iam Nigerian.

• That is perfect

• That is perfect

• That is perfect

• I am located in Afghanistan, we are running educational programs here. So our budget year start form 20 march because it is according to date of schools and our programs also enhanse school students performance

• Our program is also funded by USAID /PEPFAR so we also follow their calendar.

• As a farmer, before the rainy season

• That is the best part with incremental budget type

• We are a contractual NGO dealing with charitable activities and executing some community based programs in Nigeria. Our budget year is January to December working with the country's overall budget year to align with the tax system

• List and maintain the communication with the team.

• List and maintain the communcation with the team.

• Budgeting is key to go business practices.

• our budget is aligned to the financial years of our funders, and most donor have their financial years resuming in April, we align that with our financial year

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.